The Wire Mafia [END]

Moderator: Community Team

Who's keeping it boring and killing police?

Poll ended at Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:59 pm

Dragon D. Luffy
No votes
Jackofhearts2005
7%
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
7%
sig
20%
Turnip Head
No votes
Prop Joe (Host/Non/Dead)
67%

Total votes: 15
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 168
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Re: The Wire Mafia

Post by Long Con »

nutella wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:03 am
boo wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:49 am Her fence sitting would feel a lot more in her baddie-meta than her civ-meta, to me Dom. I'm curious for her to weigh in on it herself now though.

Anyways, I just spent far longer on this than I meant to (and I'm aware most of that was far to meta a discussion to be particularly useful, so apologies for those who have no interest in that sort of overall game analysis and just like the skin and bones of a game to chew on, I'll try and focus on the issues at hand tomorrow), have an exam in a few hours and still need to actually sleep. I will be back with plenty of time before the lynch ends though, so shouldn't be an issue.
Fence-sitting and flip-flopping is definitely, firmly, squarely my town meta. Dom is right about that. It's just early enough in the game that I mostly just have the starting reads that I may flip-flop on later. :p
Most recent scum games? I'd like to see if you fake it as scum, or alternatively are the same as scum.
Rej
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 40

Post by Rej »

Dom wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:53 am @Rej
If not DDL, then who?
Morning. I admit that my vote on DDL isn't my best one or my most justified one but right now I am also concerned about Dragomir sheeping his vote on me. All he said was basically that he didnt like some posts of me which is really superficial. His vote on me basically was even more baseless than my vote on DDL.

@Dragomir your defense?

Moving my vote to Drago, DDL elaborated on his gutfeel, even if the reads were a pull off, I still felt threatened as civillian which doesnt happen often.

[VOTE: Dragomir] aubergine
:llama:

The third vote on my wagon came out of nothing, I felt pressured but I feel still fine. Seems people just generally want me to do something yare yare.
ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 294
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Long Con wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:23 am
nutella wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:03 am
boo wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:49 am Her fence sitting would feel a lot more in her baddie-meta than her civ-meta, to me Dom. I'm curious for her to weigh in on it herself now though.

Anyways, I just spent far longer on this than I meant to (and I'm aware most of that was far to meta a discussion to be particularly useful, so apologies for those who have no interest in that sort of overall game analysis and just like the skin and bones of a game to chew on, I'll try and focus on the issues at hand tomorrow), have an exam in a few hours and still need to actually sleep. I will be back with plenty of time before the lynch ends though, so shouldn't be an issue.
Fence-sitting and flip-flopping is definitely, firmly, squarely my town meta. Dom is right about that. It's just early enough in the game that I mostly just have the starting reads that I may flip-flop on later. :p
Most recent scum games? I'd like to see if you fake it as scum, or alternatively are the same as scum.
The aussie one
to the spoiler go the victories:
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 223
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

I’m awake for like 5 minutes if anyone else wants to be told the way they play is bad and/or suboptimal
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 349
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

Sloonei wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:02 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:46 am I've never watched The Wire. Is there anything I need to know?
A few of DDL’s posts bugged me while I was skimming earlier. His entrance was the first of them. Concerns about flavor knowledge interfering with one’s involvement in the game are almost always unfounded. I don’t believe in the authenticity of this question as an introductory post. It looks awkward.
Ever heard of ice breakers
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:17 pm Counterpoint: Jay is overpriced Sloonei.
That's my new favorite headcanon.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

boo wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:36 pm Okay. Caught up.

Some off-topic-ish acculturation rants to start:
1) I dislike that vote-changing is so popular now. Keeping track of shit is a headache. Seeing someone call a vote, wanting to look at it more for the why, only to get further and they've changed it again (and again, and maybe again). Grr.
2) I dislike how much people are now willing to openly call townreads on people. On day fucking 1. WIFOM on WIFOM on WIFOM. It feels so calculated and head-spinning for me.

So those are both things that threw me off in Inception as well and I'm already chewing through here. It feels even more heightened in this game because I didn't replace in just to immediately get killed.
Making town reads is arguably a more effective way of finding scum than making scum reads.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

boo wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:00 am Openly townreading people (if it seems you have good reasons) was always a really great way to paint a target on their back and get them NKed in my mind.
This is from the ancient syndicate times where people who died lost the game.

Nowadays being sniped early as a civ is a sign that you did a good job.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Sloonei wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:12 am Chaos definitely helps town more than it helps mafia.
Probably.

Imo in the day phases this varies. But night phase? The more chaos, the better for the civs.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Btw I'm sorry we are nitpicking your game tastes, my friend. We just enjoy arguing.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

nutella wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:07 am
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:04 am
nutella wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:00 am
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:32 am Reads lists on the other hand are bad and should be outlawed.
Now this is some spice from the frosty fellow.
I’ve said it before.

I’m sure I’ll say it again.

Reads lists give scum a roadmap to the game and are bad.

Yes I’m sure many of you will have rebuttals, some of you maybe the same ones I heard in Inception, I’m still not interested and you’re not going to change my mind with some “but the reeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaads” argument. Most reads are meaningless to begin with, putting that many out there just makes it easier for scum to plan their night game.
That's actually a pretty good point.

Maybe I'll try to go a whole game without doing a rainbow list. Still, I think there's a balance to be found there -- while you have a point that there is value in keeping your reads fairly close to your chest to avoid scum taking advantage of them, sharing reads is still a crucial tool for the town in solving the game and in order for the town to function as a team there needs to be a decent amount of communication to that end.
It's easy to go through a game without making a rainbow list.

Just be lazy. :workit:
Dragomir
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 14

Post by Dragomir »

Rej wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:49 am
Dom wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:53 am @Rej
If not DDL, then who?
Morning. I admit that my vote on DDL isn't my best one or my most justified one but right now I am also concerned about Dragomir sheeping his vote on me. All he said was basically that he didnt like some posts of me which is really superficial. His vote on me basically was even more baseless than my vote on DDL.

@Dragomir your defense?

Moving my vote to Drago, DDL elaborated on his gutfeel, even if the reads were a pull off, I still felt threatened as civillian which doesnt happen often.

[VOTE: Dragomir] aubergine
:llama:

The third vote on my wagon came out of nothing, I felt pressured but I feel still fine. Seems people just generally want me to do something yare yare.
Baseless? Tut tut fam. My votes and reads are never baseless.
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

Is it just me or do all posts just don't feel suspicious at all minus a few?
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

I'm almost voting for nutella just because of her continued usage of wifom.

Also I like it how someone pointed out she is not fence sitting. At this point this might as well be a scumtell.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Dragomir wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:25 am Is it just me or do all posts just don't feel suspicious at all minus a few?
That is normally the case, yes.

If you consider most players are civ, and that mafia can make a lot of posts that are just plain honest and true, most posts shouldn't be suspicious.
Dragomir
Money Launderer

Post by Dragomir »

Well in that case, there's not really much for me to do. Could explain my read on Rej or Mac maybe. But...nah.
Rej
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 40

Post by Rej »

Dragomir wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:32 am Well in that case, there's not really much for me to do. Could explain my read on Rej or Mac maybe. But...nah.
wow you really give zero fucks this game, you must be a civ, you would never fuck up your mafia brethern like that? playing this jaded?

did anything else in this DP caught your attention? I haven't seen many reads about Mac. He just seems to carry some energy with him, energy I haven't seen in much of his D0/D1 plays.
ImageImageImageImage

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:00 am
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:17 pm Counterpoint: Jay is overpriced Sloonei.
That's my new favorite headcanon.
Thank you, I will be very happy if this catches on.
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 177

Post by speedchuck »

Rej wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:44 am
Dragomir wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:32 am Well in that case, there's not really much for me to do. Could explain my read on Rej or Mac maybe. But...nah.
wow you really give zero fucks this game, you must be a civ, you would never fuck up your mafia brethern like that? playing this jaded?

did anything else in this DP caught your attention? I haven't seen many reads about Mac. He just seems to carry some energy with him, energy I haven't seen in much of his D0/D1 plays.
Is the first half of this post a sarcasm? Because it seems like one to me.
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 362
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

Dom wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:53 am[VOTE: Jack] aubergine
😘
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Lol readlists are antitown now.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Yeah, I’m fine with a Rej lynch. Or maybe a Nanook one. He’s mostly just blah blah mafia philosophy.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer
Posts in topic: 245

Post by dunya »

[VOTE: DDL] aubergine

tryna be laid back but comes across stiffer than usual (and a bit defensive) from my quiet observation.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

speedchuck wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:24 am

and if it is, what does that tell you?

and if it isn't, what does that tell you?
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Dom wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 9:29 pm @dunya wtf are you doing?
i was voting for you, because i felt you contributed the least from those who had "been around and done things". i found someone better to vote for rn. but that doesn't mean i can't come back to you. :cloud9:
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:02 am Yeah, I’m fine with a Rej lynch. Or maybe a Nanook one. He’s mostly just blah blah mafia philosophy.
yucky post, jack.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

people i would be willing to lynch today
ddl
speedchuck
jack
dragomir
macdougall
maybe sig

people i wouldn't be willing to lynch today
nutella
sloonei
rej
LC
creature? i think.

if i haven't named you, it means you're not present in my mindset.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

dunya wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:17 am

I will answer after I receive an answer
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

meh, i would have believed that if you hadn't answered the question yourself in your post.

dunya wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:20 am
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:02 am Yeah, I’m fine with a Rej lynch. Or maybe a Nanook one. He’s mostly just blah blah mafia philosophy.
yucky post, jack.
Yeah my philosophy is sound

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:59 am Lol readlists are antitown now.
They are tho 🤷‍♀️

I don’t decide what’s true I just report it.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:30 am
yucky post, jack.
don't care about your philosophy really, care more about jack being lazy.
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 20

Post by Dom »

[mention]dunya[/mention] is jack being lazy a reason to scum read him?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

I looked at her recent Aussie baddie game, and I didn't see too much fence-sitting. More focused reads. Definitely buddied me when I voted like her.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Took a look at Dom's ISO. It's not that long of a read. It consists of him asking superbasic questions ("And what does asking superbasic questions mean to you?") and telling people they're full of shit. No follow-up detected, so the questions appear to be designed to look probing, but it falls very flat every time. What that means to me is that Dom wishes to look aggressive toward Jack and nutella, and to seem game-solvey with the questions, but isn't putting any real heart into them. Questions without purpose are filler, and filler is a scum tell.

[VOTE: Dom] aubergine

dunya wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:31 am
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:30 am
yucky post, jack.
don't care about your philosophy really, care more about jack being lazy.
It’s good philosophy tho, everyone should care about it.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Dom wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:36 am @dunya is jack being lazy a reason to scum read him?
no, not in itself, but jack wanting to lynch people for silly reasons is bad.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Long Con wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:53 am Took a look at Dom's ISO. It's not that long of a read. It consists of him asking superbasic questions ("And what does asking superbasic questions mean to you?") and telling people they're full of shit. No follow-up detected, so the questions appear to be designed to look probing, but it falls very flat every time. What that means to me is that Dom wishes to look aggressive toward Jack and nutella, and to seem game-solvey with the questions, but isn't putting any real heart into them. Questions without purpose are filler, and filler is a scum tell.

Hmm

I think I wanna sheep on this.

You are right 90% of Dom's activity is crap but he does have a case on nutella based on things that make sense.

Then again the case isn't even close to being hard for a mafioso to make. Like "wah wah nutella is not fencesitting she always does that" is pretty basic.
TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 24
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

I don’t have much time right now. Can someone (ideally more than one person) give me two sentence summary of the events of the day thusfar?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

yucky post, jack.
It's not even a full salad!
dunya wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:22 am people i would be willing to lynch today
ddl
speedchuck
jack
dragomir
macdougall
maybe sig

nutella
sloonei
rej
LC
creature? i think.

You may not actually be aware but I have this new thing where I can't be lynched.

Also this is like one of those salads where it seems like you're being healthy but it's actually 1300 calories. Why do you want to lynch those people?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

dunya wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:00 pm
Dom wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:36 am @dunya is jack being lazy a reason to scum read him?
no, not in itself, but jack wanting to lynch people for silly reasons is bad.
It's not silly. Wanting to lynch someone for not having hunt is not an out there idea.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 374

Post by Sloonei »

I have a busy afternoon today. I expect to be around for the deadline, but I’ll be mostly uninformed at that stage. I’ll do my best to make things happen, but don’t expect much from me until then.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 374

Post by Sloonei »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:59 am
Sloonei wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:02 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:46 am I've never watched The Wire. Is there anything I need to know?
A few of DDL’s posts bugged me while I was skimming earlier. His entrance was the first of them. Concerns about flavor knowledge interfering with one’s involvement in the game are almost always unfounded. I don’t believe in the authenticity of this question as an introductory post. It looks awkward.
Ever heard of ice breakers
Yes. That doesn’t mean this post could not have come across as uncomfortable and forced.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

dunya wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:26 am meh, i would have believed that if you hadn't answered the question yourself in your post.
what
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:39 pm

Also this is like one of those salads where it seems like you're being healthy but it's actually 1300 calories.
:haha: This is hilarious
but actually dunya is p legit
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Except for this question it's very dom-style and silly
dunya wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:17 am

Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Long Con wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:53 am Took a look at Dom's ISO. It's not that long of a read. It consists of him asking superbasic questions ("And what does asking superbasic questions mean to you?") and telling people they're full of shit. No follow-up detected, so the questions appear to be designed to look probing, but it falls very flat every time. What that means to me is that Dom wishes to look aggressive toward Jack and nutella, and to seem game-solvey with the questions, but isn't putting any real heart into them. Questions without purpose are filler, and filler is a scum tell.

This would be a fine read in a vacuum, but like, that's just like, Dom's style, man.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

dunya wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:22 am people i would be willing to lynch today
ddl
speedchuck
jack
dragomir
macdougall
maybe sig

nutella
sloonei
rej
LC
creature? i think.

:disappoint:
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

I've been a bit busy, finals and all that jazz, but I'll be writing up a quick summary of my thoughts soonish.

I'd like some sort of explanation for dunya reads they don't make much sense.
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

I like dunya's take on ddl. I don't have a great sense of how to read ddl so I'm on the fence (hi yes lol) but I have gotten a vaguely stiff/insincere vibe from some of his posts
Image Image Image Image
Image Image

Return to “Previous Jobs”