The Wire Mafia [END]

Moderator: Community Team

Who's keeping it boring and killing police?

Poll ended at Thu Dec 26, 2019 11:59 pm

Dragon D. Luffy
No votes
Jackofhearts2005
7%
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
7%
sig
20%
Turnip Head
No votes
Prop Joe (Host/Non/Dead)
67%

Total votes: 15
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 362
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Re: The Wire Mafia

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

speedchuck wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:08 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:22 pm
speedchuck wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:21 pm
Rej wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:53 pm
speedchuck wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 10:24 am
Rej wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 8:44 am
Dragomir wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:32 am Well in that case, there's not really much for me to do. Could explain my read on Rej or Mac maybe. But...nah.
wow you really give zero fucks this game, you must be a civ, you would never fuck up your mafia brethern like that? playing this jaded?

did anything else in this DP caught your attention? I haven't seen many reads about Mac. He just seems to carry some energy with him, energy I haven't seen in much of his D0/D1 plays.
Is the first half of this post a sarcasm? Because it seems like one to me.
tbh I am 50/50, it's true that Dragos overall behaviour in mafia changed, from game to game he gives less a fuck, that is reasonable if you busy yourself with other things, but still a mafia drago wouldn't make himself such an easy target I feel, tho town drago tends to do help town in any kind of form
Those two fifties have completely opposite meanings

[VOTE: Rej] aubergine
:confused:
Sarcastic interpretation = "I suspect you because you're trying too hard to act like you don't care."
Not-Sarcastic interpretation = "You must not be scum."

50-50 has no meaning. The answer I received here was a full paragraph of nothing, no opinion, no substance. Like I'm listening to a presidential speech.
The best reads. :disappoint:
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

nutella wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:26 pm basically he's calling rej scum for not having a coherent stance on drago. I don't have a coherent stance on drago either
Nutella is scum. Gottem.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

nutella wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:30 pm loljack

can I rely on your reads here for similar reasons? XD
It took me randing scum to correctly read Michelle. :haha:
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 374
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

nutella wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:26 pm basically he's calling rej scum for not having a coherent stance on drago. I don't have a coherent stance on drago either so idk why that's sus
I feel like there is more to speedchuck’s read than that. He seems to be beefing with the particular language of rej’s post, arguing that it lacks direction rather than simply being non-committal. Is there anything else?
My banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 294
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:34 pm
nutella wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:26 pm basically he's calling rej scum for not having a coherent stance on drago. I don't have a coherent stance on drago either so idk why that's sus
I feel like there is more to speedchuck’s read than that. He seems to be beefing with the particular language of rej’s post, arguing that it lacks direction rather than simply being non-committal. Is there anything else?
But like what's wrong with lacking direction? Are players not allowed to ramble/post stream of consciousness thoughts?
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

But re: is there anything else, I basically haven't liked any of speed's posts this game. So *gestures vaguely at iso"
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 374
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

nutella wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:36 pm
But like what's wrong with lacking direction? Are players not allowed to ramble/post stream of consciousness thoughts?
Rambling = working through ideas publicly and verbally to move toward a conclusion.
Lacking direction = vomiting words for the sake of saying something

I am not saying that I agree or disagree with anything speedchuck is saying about Rej. I’m just saying I don’t think you’re characterizing his read accurately.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Ok
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 223
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

nutella wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:36 pm
Please no
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 349
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

nutella wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:43 pm Nanook has got to play with wilgy and/or marmot someday
I miss marmot

ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

speedchuck wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:08 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:22 pm
speedchuck wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:21 pm
Rej wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:53 pm
Dragomir wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:32 am Well in that case, there's not really much for me to do. Could explain my read on Rej or Mac maybe. But...nah.
wow you really give zero fucks this game, you must be a civ, you would never fuck up your mafia brethern like that? playing this jaded?

did anything else in this DP caught your attention? I haven't seen many reads about Mac. He just seems to carry some energy with him, energy I haven't seen in much of his D0/D1 plays.
tbh I am 50/50, it's true that Dragos overall behaviour in mafia changed, from game to game he gives less a fuck, that is reasonable if you busy yourself with other things, but still a mafia drago wouldn't make himself such an easy target I feel, tho town drago tends to do help town in any kind of form
Those two fifties have completely opposite meanings

[VOTE: Rej] aubergine
:confused:
Sarcastic interpretation = "I suspect you because you're trying too hard to act like you don't care."
Not-Sarcastic interpretation = "You must not be scum."

50-50 has no meaning. The answer I received here was a full paragraph of nothing, no opinion, no substance. Like I'm listening to a presidential speech.
Rej's posts are like horoscope, they are meant to appeal to anyone who reads them.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Dragomir wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:26 pm Why did y'all move off of Rej and to Dom? We had him right there. Dunya can be added onto the scum pile too.
We did? I thought you didn't care.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

nutella's reads on basically everything are the opposite of mine.

Not sure what this means.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

I think the main question with Rej is whether he is really undecided or if he's just playing at both sides to look like he's doing something.

It's off-putting because he doesn't just change his mind, he does it 2 or 3 times in the same paragraph. Doesn't look much like a normal stream of thought.

No matter if he votes to lynch or to spare Drago, you'll find a reasoning in his post when you dig it.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer
Posts in topic: 245

Post by dunya »

football's on, so dunya is preoccupied watching it with people. but yea, i'm here. what's cookin' folks
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

speedchuck wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:40 pm
dunya wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:26 am meh, i would have believed that if you hadn't answered the question yourself in your post.
what
you ask "is that sarcasm"

and you follow it up with "because it's coming across as sarcasm to me"

why are you telling him what you're interpreting it as if you're "waiting for his answer"?

i kinda call bs on that.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

nutella wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:41 pm Except for this question it's very dom-style and silly
dunya wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:17 am

and if it is, what does that tell you?

and if it isn't, what does that tell you?
well, it's intentionally silly cos i thought his (rhetorical?) question was silly and fake and i wanted to get another silly and fake answer from him. :nicenod:

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:13 pm nutella's reads on basically everything are the opposite of mine.

Not sure what this means.
Usually nothing but go off anyways
Dragomir
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 14

Post by Dragomir »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:11 pm
Dragomir wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:26 pm Why did y'all move off of Rej and to Dom? We had him right there. Dunya can be added onto the scum pile too.
We did? I thought you didn't care.
Why wouldn't I care? I think he's scum.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

boo wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:14 pm
nutella wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:12 pm
boo wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:11 pm Oh gross, not doing that then. Don't want to vote with Dunya.
Gross? Why??
The same reasons I'd vote for DDL are truer of dunya than they are DDL, so. Just doesn't work for me now.
so you think my posts are "empty" and "safe"? o.O wow. don't think anyone has ever described me in mafia with those adjectives before. i am equal measures humbled and disgusted.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:21 pm I kinda suspect Dunya but Jack and Dunya fighting from the starting gun is played out.
you little bitch :suspish:
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

dunya wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:28 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:21 pm I kinda suspect Dunya but Jack and Dunya fighting from the starting gun is played out.
you little bitch :suspish:
XD
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

boo wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:58 pm And Colin doesn't strike me as someone who pays exceptionally close attention to the thread as a whole, so that he references that (and even answers the question) seems like it has a decent possibility of being prompted by BTSC.

I'm gonna [VOTE: ColinIsCool] aubergine.
that's a very broad and bold statement to make about colin, and one i don't like tbh. he read enough to give his 2 cents on the nutella/speedchuck episode, and jay's post was literally the first one which illustrates his lack of interest in the game. not far fetched that colin saw it and saw the tone at all.

reaching case, especially to imply that colin came in and blurted tmi from jay who would be complaining in scum chat (jay doesn't do that).

if i didn't have nutella in light green, on my very nice rainbow READS, i would vote her for liking this poop.
boo
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 136
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by boo »

dunya wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:38 pm
boo wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:58 pm And Colin doesn't strike me as someone who pays exceptionally close attention to the thread as a whole, so that he references that (and even answers the question) seems like it has a decent possibility of being prompted by BTSC.

that's a very broad and bold statement to make about colin, and one i don't like tbh. he read enough to give his 2 cents on the nutella/speedchuck episode, and jay's post was literally the first one which illustrates his lack of interest in the game. not far fetched that colin saw it and saw the tone at all.

reaching case, especially to imply that colin came in and blurted tmi from jay who would be complaining in scum chat (jay doesn't do that).

if i didn't have nutella in light green, on my very nice rainbow READS, i would vote her for liking this poop.
I didn't imply JJJ was in the BTSC with Colin.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:15 pm I think the main question with Rej is whether he is really undecided or if he's just playing at both sides to look like he's doing something.

It's off-putting because he doesn't just change his mind, he does it 2 or 3 times in the same paragraph. Doesn't look much like a normal stream of thought.

No matter if he votes to lynch or to spare Drago, you'll find a reasoning in his post when you dig it.
tbh, the wishy washy 50/50 doesn't remind me of the town rej i saw in the one game i played with him so meta is not very reliable here. but correct me if i'm wrong. he was stubborn and annoying for my team because he would make plans and be vocal about them and get everyone on the same page in a loud way.
boo
Loan Shark

Post by boo »

I also don't think that this post really proves he caught up a whole lot and qualifies as giving his 2 cents. It feels like a TlLDR of a TLDR:
ColinIsCool wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:05 pm
MacDougall wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:21 am
sig wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:36 am Also rip Mac voting for me, nothing new there. He can't read me worth a damn.
Straight for that card ay.

Anywho so far Creature and Rej are top town reads. I think Nutella is also town. I'd like to see fellow towns towning a bit harder.

I think we're also looking at wolfjay lol. I know he says he's busy but I can't help but feel if he was town he'd have used the posts he has made for more townie purposes. More FPS to see what happens less "please hold for assistance.

Jack worries me. Speedchuck also.

But Dragomir doing the ol' "hello fellow townies" thing can take some scrutiny for now.
Right on all counts imo. Although nutella/speed argument feels contrived right now
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

boo wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:41 pm

alright, and i've been in BTSC with colin. no one checks in there and asks others what to post. everyone does that unprompted, regardless of how little time they have. and what a peculiar thing to be prompted to respond to in BTSC. why does that seem more likely to you than colin actually reading the first player's post in the game?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Oh?
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

dunya wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:25 pm
boo wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:11 pm Oh gross, not doing that then. Don't want to vote with Dunya.
Gross? Why??
The same reasons I'd vote for DDL are truer of dunya than they are DDL, so. Just doesn't work for me now.
so you think my posts are "empty" and "safe"? o.O wow. don't think anyone has ever described me in mafia with those adjectives before. i am equal measures humbled and disgusted.
Well you wanted to take it easy didn't you.

Now you know how it feels to play like me.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

boo wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:46 pm I also don't think that this post really proves he caught up a whole lot and qualifies as giving his 2 cents. It feels like a TlLDR of a TLDR:
we are all short on time. i don't hold brevity as alignment indicative for colin especially and i can't be convinced otherwise.

i'm not saying colin is town. but he's not bad for those reasons.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

When you check wolfchat after the game and find it's just Jay talking about podcasts and stuff, you're gonna be really surprised. :haha:
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:48 pm

Oh?
he's too polite to the game of mafia imo. but hey, i've just known the guy for like 9 years so don't take my word for it. :p :nicenod:
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:48 pm
dunya wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:25 pm
Gross? Why??
Well you wanted to take it easy didn't you.

Now you know how it feels to play like me.
i don't think your posts are every empty :)

anyway, i promised no mafia for second half of the game so my mafia time is over. see ya'll later.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

end of day 3.04am my time?

well, i'm never going to be around end of days and nights.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

I don't specifically care for the implication that Jay was complaining in btsc. Just the general idea that they could be teammates and Colin was hyperaware that Jay wasn't up to living up to his usual meta. Like, that much was implied in Jay's post, but Colin ascribed particular importance to it in bringing up Jay for the hypothetical vig question.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

I... I'm pretty sure you did.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 168
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

That was my take as well. I thought it was spicy.
boo
Loan Shark

Post by boo »

nutella wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:03 pm

I... I'm pretty sure you did.
:shrug: wasn't my intent. It's a possibility, but my thinking was only that someone in in BTSC brought up JJJ's post. So I think it's more likely it was on Colin's mind from that being discussed, rather then being from the single post JJJ mentioned it. I hadn't put thought into who mentioned it, that'd be a bit premature until I know if I'm right about Colin or not.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
boo
Loan Shark

Post by boo »

Dragomir wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:52 am
MacDougall wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:21 am But Dragomir doing the ol' "hello fellow townies" thing can take some scrutiny for now.
Huh? I wasn't even remotely doing that. You a straight liar.
So Dragomir is right that he didn't at all do the "hello fellow townies" thing that Mac accused him of and based a vote on him vote.

Mac actually came in once D1 had started, immediately called Sig a wolf in his first post, voted Dragomir in his second post (for asking why people suspected Sig?), and made this as his third post:
MacDougall wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:21 am
sig wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:36 am Also rip Mac voting for me, nothing new there. He can't read me worth a damn.
Straight for that card ay.

Anywho so far Creature and Rej are top town reads. I think Nutella is also town. I'd like to see fellow towns towning a bit harder.

I think we're also looking at wolfjay lol. I know he says he's busy but I can't help but feel if he was town he'd have used the posts he has made for more townie purposes. More FPS to see what happens less "please hold for assistance.

Jack worries me. Speedchuck also.

But Dragomir doing the ol' "hello fellow townies" thing can take some scrutiny for now.

Then he made more posts predicting general doom and gloom for the town because of a lack of participation, asked a few broad questions but doesn't really followup on anything that comes from answers, and not a whole lot else.

One thing I did find interesting was his prediction of his own lynch:
MacDougall wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 7:00 pm The timing of Speedchuck's vote and push on me off the back of LC calling my suspicion of him bullshit feels intentional by Speedchuck. LC will probably vote for me. Then Dunya. Then I will have a wagon on me and be focused on defending myself and get irritated and won't be focused enough to be effective at towning.

Moral to the story. Don't do that. I'd rather fast forward through that please.
Just seems like an appeal to emotion, before things have really even started?
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 39

Post by MacDougall »

Fake news
boo
Loan Shark

Post by boo »

Speedchuck still has his vote on Mac, but last stated wanting to vote for Rej. I assume the general rule of thumb is poll takes precedence over a stated vote that wasn't actually cast?
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

When I say hello fellow towns I mean the post where he questions the town suspecting someone in a what is intended to be an innocuous way. Not literally.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

boo wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:53 pm Speedchuck still has his vote on Mac, but last stated wanting to vote for Rej. I assume the general rule of thumb is poll takes precedence over a stated vote that wasn't actually cast?
You better not be angling to try to get me lynched boo. You won't like me when I'm all huffy and irritated.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Dunya seems to be a wolf here. I also think Nanook is so that vote would be distancing in that case. I ain't caught up so I can't speak specifically to that suffice to say Dunya's off and Nanook is scum because he's very sarcastically trying to copy his town meta.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

MacDougall wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:54 pm
boo wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:53 pm Speedchuck still has his vote on Mac, but last stated wanting to vote for Rej. I assume the general rule of thumb is poll takes precedence over a stated vote that wasn't actually cast?
You better not be angling to try to get me lynched boo. You won't like me when I'm all huffy and irritated.
intimidation won't get you anywhere. we see through your fluff, mr. cuddly.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

i'm off, i'm off for sure. i'm dunya v.3. v.1 was rym, v.2 was the last 2 years around various websites, and v.3 is from hereon out when i play one game every year lol. deal with it.

MacDougall wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:56 pm Dunya seems to be a wolf here. I also think Nanook is so that vote would be distancing in that case. I ain't caught up so I can't speak specifically to that suffice to say Dunya's off and Nanook is scum because he's very sarcastically trying to copy his town meta.
I don’t bother trying to copy town meta when I’m a wolf 🤷‍♀️

Also my vote on dun dun duh cant be distancing and you know that, she isn’t in our scum chat!
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 168
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

He's making a lot of sense. Can wolves make that much sense?

Return to “Previous Jobs”