[END] Harry Potter Mafia

Moderator: Community Team

Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 175

Re: [DAY 8] Harry Potter Mafia

Post by Jack Shephard »

Anyone who hasn't voted yet is welcome to ask me anything about my vote. I will gladly talk to you. But I am done wasting my time with people who vote and then try to direct traffic (Merga).
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 180

Post by Spooky Ghost »

Alizon Device wrote:
Märet Jonsdotter wrote:
Alizon Device wrote:
Märet Jonsdotter wrote:Ailisenlinq, if you are going to survive.
I'm not concerned about taking the votes, but I am unhappy with the prospect of another wasted lynch.
In other words, either. We are an not student
I'm translating this as "In other words, you are not a student."

My response is that I am a student.
... Paragraphs 1 and 2
Alizon Device wrote:
Katharina Henot wrote:where are you looking to vote today alizon?

I get merga's vote for you. But the ones from sarah and alice kinda arch my brow a bit.
I was going to update my player by player post hopefuly tonight.

Linki~ Merga's feelings about Anne Whittle hinge upon me being bad. I'm not. Keep that in mind.
All you have to do. All you have to do. Before you do anything. Unlynchabl game. All you have to do.
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

Maret!

Quote one:

I think Alizon should be lynched.

I think Alizon should not be lynched.
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Spooky Ghost »

Alizon Device wrote:Also, the "mama bear" excuse means you gun for people actively participating. As someone who puts time into games I sign up for or replace into, that's discouraging.

Linki~ I never said they bandwagoned me personally. I think it's been going on all game. And for the third time, I specifically called out Anne Whittle. You're fine defending people who don't play, and you ignore what an active player has said to you twice now.
Silence.
Malin Matsdotter wrote:
Anne Redferne wrote:which is a thing i'm even more sure of now that malin has made a post saying she thinks alizon is good even right after alizon made the statement about reviving mary :0
I didn't really take Alizon seriously about that. She has a sense of humor, you know. Do you really think an actual baddie would post "I'm resurrecting a baddie" in the thread? They would just do it without saying anything.
Sarah Good wrote: Lol u funny Voldemort.
Would you like to post a list of suspicions as the rest of us are doing, or just continue with the zippy, unhelpful, one-liners?
WIFOM. My fault. Marriage. Mask of alcohol.
Celeste
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 120

Post by Celeste »

Okay, i'll ask a question, why vote for Anne W.? Why not Malin?
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Spooky Ghost »

Alizon Device wrote:I am not interested in answering people who are wrong and have already voted and are already convinced. I'm glad you three wasted your vote, but I hope the lynch can be saved.

I will respond to people who genuinely give a damn about taking down Voldemort. Sorry, Anne, but 15 posts, a third of which are jokey, don't cut it. I'm busy too.
This is silly. Seal of the underworld. Launch.
Alizon Device wrote:If the students are interested in lynching someone at all, then there needs to be discussion. The baddies already know who I am. They depend on that.
This Is McGonnagol? (D) Please? In the North, right? Greece? And so on Sprout?
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Spooky Ghost »

Alizon Device wrote:Maret!

Quote one:

Former Prime Minister Benazir Bhutto. At the time, but now the Linz.
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

Anne Redferne wrote:Okay, i'll ask a question, why vote for Anne W.? Why not Malin?
Let me counter with a question: Why NOT vote for Anne W? Why is she good?

As for Malin, I am back and forth. I made a case on Malin (which led to the weird assumption that we are teammates), and somehow this assumption is yet extant. The thread focus has been on me and Malin being teammates. That isn't true.

We voted together in the Mary lynch. You think two baddies would do that? Fuck me. Not I said the dog. Mary was acting like a lunatic. I'd have buried her first chance I got. Then Malin got a lynch coming for her. But I didn't vote her. I didn't know she'd survive.
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

Märet Jonsdotter wrote:

Quote one:

You're undecided. That's what I took from that.
Operator
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 131

Post by Operator »

I'm a little disturbed by how many people have already made up their minds and are unwilling to listen to new ideas. I've never met a mafia player yet who is immune to error. I really think you guys are wrong about Alizon. I could get behind an Anne Whittle vote, though.
Management
Operator
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Operator »

Anne Redferne wrote: I do love you, Malin. :( But the thing is, if you're part of a group trying to murder everyone, it kinda really puts a damper on our relationship.
I assure you I want only peace and love. You guys have the wrong idea about me.
Management
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Spooky Ghost »

Alizon Device wrote:
Märet Jonsdotter wrote:

Quote one:

no.
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

Märet Jonsdotter wrote:
Alizon Device wrote:
Märet Jonsdotter wrote:

Quote one:

no.
I have something for you, hold on.
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

Color the ones you think should be lynched with red the ones you're nervous about with yellow and those who are good with green. Not sure? Leave it alone.

Merga Bien
Alizon Device
Sarah Good
Katharina Henot
Märet Jonsdotter
Malin Matsdotter
Alice Nutter
Anne Redferne
Jane Southworth
Karin Svensdotter
Anne Whittle
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Spooky Ghost »

Alizon Device wrote:Color the ones you think should be lynched with red the ones you're nervous about with yellow and those who are good with green. Not sure? Leave it alone.

Merga Bien
[color=#FFF00]Alizon Device[/color]
Sarah Good
Katharina Henot
Märet Jonsdotter
[color=#FF000]Malin Matsdotter[/color]
Alice Nutter
Anne Redferne
Jane Southworth
[color=#FFF00]Karin Svensdotter[/color]
Anne Whittle
But now a different code.
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Spooky Ghost »

Märet Jonsdotter wrote:
Alizon Device wrote:Color the ones you think should be lynched with red the ones you're nervous about with yellow and those who are good with green. Not sure? Leave it alone.

Merga Bien
Alizon Device
Sarah Good
Katharina Henot
Märet Jonsdotter
Malin Matsdotter
Alice Nutter
Anne Redferne
Jane Southworth
Karin Svensdotter
Anne Whittle
But now a different code.
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

Thanks Maret.

I don't know what leads you to believe Malin is bad, but I already voted.

If you think Malin should be lynched, do so. We're not teamamtes. It sucks that I have to sit here and hope Malin is good just so people will know we were not teammates.
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Spooky Ghost »

Malilinq-place of birth, Medan.
Operator
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Operator »

Märet Jonsdotter wrote:Malilinq-place of birth, Medan.
What, you're judging me because I am from Sweden? Racist!
Management
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Spooky Ghost »

Malin Matsdotter wrote:
Märet Jonsdotter wrote:Malilinq-place of birth, Medan.
What, you're judging me because I am from Sweden? Racist!
:noble:
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 82

Re: [NIGHT 7] Harry Potter Mafia

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

RIP witches. I had nothing but good vibes from Margaret Reinberg. I was not as sure about Barbara or Anna Koldings but rest in peace all the same. That was a very weird October day at the quidditch pitch.

Merga I know you feel strongly about Alizon, but we agreed to stick together this lynch to prevent manipulation. But all the early votes feel like forcing everyone else's hand. I thought Alizon's comment about bringing Mary back was in poor taste but I realized it was a joke right away. I'm glad there's still some discussion happening despite the early votes. We still have time.

I don't know how to explain Alizon and Malin both surviving their respective lynches. I am also worried that Alizon cannot be lynched again today, as she has hinted at. Nothing worse than a wasted lynch. If we believe a solution exists such as the lynch attempts must be consecutive, then Malin would have my vote today. I'm more suspicious of Malin than I am of Alizon. If they are juggling lynch immunity, they are both playing an incredibly ballsy game.

I'll start working on my own list like others have done, it's a good idea. There are a few witches I have not considered much, Anne Whittle being one of them.
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

Merga Bien: forceful player, guides discussion, has strong convictions. She's either an A+ student or playing a hella crazy baddie game. I feel good about Merga even if I don't agree with all of her thoughts.

Alizon Device: sharp tone, opinionated, engaged in the conversation. Seems to have a chip on her shoulder re: low posters but I too am wary of baddies sneaking through the game by not talking. The sockpuppets make low posting a good strategy for some players who otherwise would not be able to get away with it due to their reputations. But going after low posters is also a standard strategy for scum to try. I still haven't made up my mind about Alizon. The more she talks, the less sure I seem to become.

Sarah Good: she's more talkative lately but mostly makes jabs at Malin. I'm suspicious of Malin so it's hard for me to be suspicious of Sarah Good. I think one of them has to be bad. Sarah voting twice for Mary, plus my existing suspicion of Malin make me lean good for Good here.

Katharina Henot: I feel good about Katharina.

Maret Jonsdotter: I feel good about Maret too.

Malin Matsdotter: I haven't agreed with much that Malin has said. Her tone and the way she says things make me think she isn't concerned with finding baddies, just staying alive herself. I have trouble reading Malin's posts and seeing a civvie perspective in them. She is my biggest suspicion.

Alice Nutter: I have no read on her. All I have to go on is that she survived a kill attempt from the Death eaters, but I haven't ruled out that they would target someone on their own team since surviving a kill can get eyes off your back. I want to keep an eye on Nutter and hope that she will give more of her own thoughts. My mind is not made up here but evidence points toward not being evil.

Anne Redferne: talkative without adding much of her own opinion which is alarming, but her tone reads genuine to me. I think she is civ but wouldn't be surprised if she's pulling the wool over my eyes. Players with this kind of play style generally fall into my blind spot. Mind not made up.

Karin Svensdotter: once a low poster, seems to be participating more. That's encouraging. I don't agree with some of her thoughts but I'm trying to keep an open mind about varying play styles. I'm hoping she continues to participate more. For now she remains one of my top suspicions and I'm watching what she says.

Anne Whittle: has mainly focused on Alizon, just as Alizon has mainly focused on Whittle. It's tough for me to gauge my opinion of her without knowing how she feels about any other players. She has not shared most of her opinions. I'd like to see her do one of these lists.
Celeste
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 120

Post by Celeste »

going with malin this time, i believe she's our best chance at nabbing a lynchable baddie this time. :x
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 96

Post by Gunther »

Alizon Device wrote:Also, the "mama bear" excuse means you gun for people actively participating. As someone who puts time into games I sign up for or replace into, that's discouraging.

Linki~ I never said they bandwagoned me personally. I think it's been going on all game. And for the third time, I specifically called out Anne Whittle. You're fine defending people who don't play, and you ignore what an active player has said to you twice now.
I kinda agree with you - I think bandwaggons have been going on the whole way around ish - so who? Who are the ones bandwagoning? Is it just all the low posters? is it specific low posters? If you want us to look somewhere besides you - you should you know - maybe give us some direction?

I'm catching up as I go along - I'm sorry if I get to the end and this has already been addressed.
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

Anne Whittle wrote:

Sorry I am not as full of free time as you seem to be. I play games I sign up for too. I put time in. I do read and catch up I just do not post every little thought that comes into my head. Now you have pulled out the old no u and it only makes me more confident you are bad.

You and Malin both will not let go of your low poster stances even though they have been quite fruitless. If you lynch me for being a low poster I hope you learn something for future games such as admitting sometimes people are busy and cba'ed to be as active as they would like to be.

Definitely does not mean Idc what happens to the civ's bc I do hence my votes for who I believe to be baddie. As for my last vote it was quite obv no one was going to vote you as the tide had turned to Malin my vote would not have mattered if I had voted you. As a civ I like my vote to matter.
I like this post from Anne. It feels very civ. :)
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

Merga Bien wrote:

What did I ignore? And you can try to turn the tables all you want; I still think, and all my Mafia experience tells me, that my personal thoughts aside, gunning for low posters when there is only one bad team, is the primary strategy of baddie teams. When you are the only bad team, you can either try lynching civvies, or lynching low posters.

And I Momma Bear pretty much anyone I think is being unfairly targeted. Which in this instance is low posters.

I think rather than being distracted, we need to think about what Anne R is saying. It is plausible.
so powers may grow with votes? Like a Popularity role?
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

Alizon Device wrote:I am not interested in answering people who are wrong and have already voted and are already convinced. I'm glad you three wasted your vote, but I hope the lynch can be saved.

I will respond to people who genuinely give a damn about taking down Voldemort. Sorry, Anne, but 15 posts, a third of which are jokey, don't cut it. I'm busy too.
see...I had one civ role in mind for you. And I kept wanting you to be it. But this sort of response - just makes it VERY hard for me to see you as civ. And IDK if the tone would have been read better w/o the socks - but the fact of the matter is - I don't know who you are and you are just sounding flat out rude. I've been nice to you - and I've not gotten much response. All the response I see from you has been angry and hostile and if someone like me asks you things you just ignore them.

Put yourself in my shoes - if I had been acting this way - you would have been one of the first people to shout baddie at me. There are jokes and there are jokes. And you know the funny thing about humor? It's the half truth. It's always the half truth that makes jokes funny - so yes - your comment about rezzing mary was very funny - for the half truth.
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

Alizon Device wrote:Anyone who hasn't voted yet is welcome to ask me anything about my vote. I will gladly talk to you. But I am done wasting my time with people who vote and then try to direct traffic (Merga).

I'm willing to talk.

Why Anne - what is it specificly about her that makes you so sure she is bad?

I already told you - I get her vote and I don't know if I agree with it - but I understand it - I told you already I wasn't sure about the votes you took. I already asked all these questions but apparently - I'm not good enough to respond to. so AGAIN - I ask you - why did you vote Anne - what was it about HER posts that made you most convinced she was a baddie.

I was willing to talk long before this post, but apparently - I'm not worthy enough of a response from. especially from a civ fighting for their lives. When someone is giving them the BOTD. :sigh:

Sometimes I feel like I'm talking to myself...
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

ebwop: by "I get her vote..." I meant Merga. if that wasn't clear...
Paul Stevens
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 30

Post by Paul Stevens »

Katharina Henot wrote:
Alizon Device wrote:Anyone who hasn't voted yet is welcome to ask me anything about my vote. I will gladly talk to you. But I am done wasting my time with people who vote and then try to direct traffic (Merga).

I'm willing to talk.

I already told you - I get her vote and I don't know if I agree with it - but I understand it - I told you already I wasn't sure about the votes you took. I already asked all these questions but apparently - I'm not good enough to respond to. so AGAIN - I ask you - why did you vote Anne - what was it about HER posts that made you most convinced she was a baddie.

I was willing to talk long before this post, but apparently - I'm not worthy enough of a response from. especially from a civ fighting for their lives. When someone is giving them the BOTD. :sigh:

I was quite willing to talk but apparently you have to be low enough for Alizon's standards. I have too high of standards for Alizon. I hope she is not mean to you.
I responded to her suspicion but she did not care, her suspicion stems from my vote for Malin last round. And also that I do not play games I sign up for and I do not read or take interest in them.
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

Katharina Henot wrote:

I kinda agree with you - I think bandwaggons have been going on the whole way around ish - so who? Who are the ones bandwagoning? Is it just all the low posters? is it specific low posters? If you want us to look somewhere besides you - you should you know - maybe give us some direction?

I'm catching up as I go along - I'm sorry if I get to the end and this has already been addressed.
I said I felt Anne was bad, but you think her post felt civ. I'm sorry, but I don't have any info and I'm not convinced about anybody. I'm just trying. And all I get is hell for doing so.
Katharina Henot wrote:

see...I had one civ role in mind for you. And I kept wanting you to be it. But this sort of response - just makes it VERY hard for me to see you as civ. And IDK if the tone would have been read better w/o the socks - but the fact of the matter is - I don't know who you are and you are just sounding flat out rude. I've been nice to you - and I've not gotten much response. All the response I see from you has been angry and hostile and if someone like me asks you things you just ignore them.

Put yourself in my shoes - if I had been acting this way - you would have been one of the first people to shout baddie at me. There are jokes and there are jokes. And you know the funny thing about humor? It's the half truth. It's always the half truth that makes jokes funny - so yes - your comment about rezzing mary was very funny - for the half truth.
No offense, but you haven't exactly been civil to me either. Sorry. When I'm basically all the thread talks about, and people keep asking the same questions over and over, it's easy to miss things. At least I'm trying.

Put yourself in my shoes: You replace in, and you post your honest thoughts, and from that point on you are ALL the thread focuses on. Then people come up with bizarre theories about survival (alternating lynch saves, etc) about you and someone who is not your teammate. Would you feel good about being active in another sockpuppet game?
Katharina Henot wrote:

I'm willing to talk.

I'm a civ, but I'm not fighting for my life. I'm fighting for a productive lynch. I'm sorry if you felt I ignored you, but like I said, it's exhausting trying so hard only to be condemned right from the start for doing that.
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 43

Post by Young Lady »

I am still not 100% on who to vote for. Alizon, can you explain why you chose to vote for Anne W?
Supervisor
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

Karin Svensdotter wrote:I am still not 100% on who to vote for. Alizon, can you explain why you chose to vote for Anne W?
Alizon Device wrote:I'm going to vote Anne Whittle.

She twisted my words, she has read everything that has happened through the lens of my baddieness, even going so far as to claim to know why I voted the way I did. Then she said she would vote for me unless something stronger came up (evidently nothing did), but then voted Malin because somehow everybody voting together keeps civs from getting lynched. Strange thing to say, that.
Operator
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Operator »

I have thought Whittle was bad since her ridiculous claim that bandwagonry is good for civs. I'm going to vote for her now.
Management
Paul Stevens
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Paul Stevens »

Malin Matsdotter wrote:I have thought Whittle was bad since her ridiculous claim that bandwagonry is good for civs. I'm going to vote for her now.
This is a complete lie Malin.

Please pull the quote. :)

again thanks Alizon for ignoring me.
Operator
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Operator »

Anne Whittle wrote:
Malin Matsdotter wrote:I have thought Whittle was bad since her ridiculous claim that bandwagonry is good for civs. I'm going to vote for her now.

Anne Whittle wrote:I would vote alizon but I think Merga is saying splitting the vote is how civs get lynched. so imma going with Malin
Management
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Spooky Ghost »

Malin Matsdotter wrote:
Anne Whittle wrote:

Anne Whittle wrote:I would vote alizon but I think Merga is saying splitting the vote is how civs get lynched. so imma going with Malin
"So you want to attract. Fraudeurs. Cheap reserves the right to choose

Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Spooky Ghost »

Malin!
Paul Stevens
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Paul Stevens »

Malin Matsdotter wrote:
Anne Whittle wrote:

yep splitting the vote is bad for civs.

Funny I do NOT mnetion bandwagonery anywhere. :haha:

Nice try to dismiss me Malin.
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

And here we are with a split vote, just like we didn't want. I still would rather vote Malin more than I want to vote Alizon or Anne.

Alizon, do you think Malin is bad? Do you think we can risk splitting the vote to put more votes on Malin?

Everyone who hasn't voted yet, where are you looking?
Paul Stevens
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Paul Stevens »

Jane Southworth wrote:And here we are with a split vote, just like we didn't want. I still would rather vote Malin more than I want to vote Alizon or Anne.

Alizon, do you think Malin is bad? Do you think we can risk splitting the vote to put more votes on Malin?

Everyone who hasn't voted yet, where are you looking?
Why am I on YOUR list?
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

You're not really? I will be voting either Alizon or Malin, Malin is my preference, I just want to know what others think.
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Spooky Ghost »

Marina
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

Jane Southworth wrote:And here we are with a split vote, just like we didn't want. I still would rather vote Malin more than I want to vote Alizon or Anne.
Trust me when I say that I'm more uncomfortable with this particular split vote than you are.
Jane Southworth wrote:Alizon, do you think Malin is bad?
I expressed my doubts about Malin two Days ago, but now I'm not sure. If what Malin says about not knowing how she survived the lynch is true, then I can not account for how she survived. The only possibility that springs to my mind is professor intervention of some kind.

But Malin has been the only person agreeing with me and sticking up for me. We're not on a team, but I feel like we're trench buddies if that makes any sense.
Jane Southworth wrote:Do you think we can risk splitting the vote to put more votes on Malin?
Isn't that another way of asking if I think people should keep piling onto me? XD
Paul Stevens
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Paul Stevens »

I am fighting hard because we need civs. I don't fight for a productive lynch I fight for the civs.

I do not know if Alizon's productive lynch is for the baddies or the civs. She really does not say. She just says she is not fighting forher life but for a productive lynch. Whatever that means. :l
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 43

Post by Young Lady »

I've been thinking about this a lot today. After reading everyone individually, Alizon came off to me as bad, but now I am unsure if it was just his direct, abrasive playstyle that made me think that. Since then, he seems more and more civ to me. Looking at those who already have a vote...I am going to go with a Malin vote.
Supervisor
Operator
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Operator »

Anne Whittle wrote:I am fighting hard because we need civs. I don't fight for a productive lynch I fight for the civs.

I do not know if Alizon's productive lynch is for the baddies or the civs. She really does not say. She just says she is not fighting forher life but for a productive lynch. Whatever that means. :l
This is another nonsensical, to my eyes anti-civ statement. The lynch is the only tool we have for killing off baddies. You can't be anti-productive lynch and pro-civ. So when you say you are not fighting for a productive lynch, to me thta means you are not fighting for the civs.
Management
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

You know what Alizon, I wasn't exactly civil to you in that post. And for that, I do apologize.
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

I voted for Malin again.
Paul Stevens
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Paul Stevens »

Malin Matsdotter wrote:
Anne Whittle wrote:I am fighting hard because we need civs. I don't fight for a productive lynch I fight for the civs.

This is another nonsensical, to my eyes anti-civ statement. The lynch is the only tool we have for killing off baddies. You can't be anti-productive lynch and pro-civ. So when you say you are not fighting for a productive lynch, to me thta means you are not fighting for the civs.
I bet you are good at the game Twister :p

So no response to my previous reply to your inaccurate post?

Return to “Previous Jobs”