Coronavirus Mafia [ENDGAME]

What's the craic?

Poll ended at Mon May 04, 2020 12:23 am

This is REAL wrestling: no gimmicks.
17%
Who are you again?: all players must open the day with an in character post.
No votes
Hey, that’s the other game!: everyone must post a post that rhymes for their vote to count. Or a haiku. Something poemy.
33%
All I want is some ice cream: after the phase, all players get ice cream. (hosts and dead peeps etc.)
50%

Total votes: 6
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 385
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Re: Coronavirus Mafia [Day 2]

Post by nutella »

It's not *only* that there were a couple other role/flavor related things he said that contributed. But yeah I could be wrong I guess.

[mention]juliets[/mention] I said what the point was. Please read my posts.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 366

Post by speedchuck »

nutella wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:21 pm Never lynching:
Master Radishes
Explain
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 540
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

speedchuck wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:04 am Nanook also has the most reason to kill 112 probably. I mean there's a whole team making the decision but he's one of the people that might benefit from it.
Tbh I probably just kill you, idk why 112 is a bigger threat to scumNanook than you?
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:48 pm
speedchuck wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:56 am
nutella wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:26 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:25 pm 2 of my 3 scumreads were wrong, you know what that means.

IM DUE BABAY, VOTE NUTELLA BYE SCUM
Grats on the baby fam but u bad
I read these two as w/w for the past two pages.
What a shock.

Remind me why you’re reading me wolf again, is it the same garbage reason you started with or you have found a new reason to tunnel?
Yikes

You obviously know speedchuck is town and are being aggressive without reason.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:07 am Wouldn't mind killing Nanook tbh.

He feels A LITTLE more scumhunting than last game, but the idea of letting Nanook fool me two consecutive times seriously irks me.

I already know the man can fake emotion like a top tier mafia player. I'm not giving him a civ read for cheap.
“I’m SRing him cause I don’t want to look silly” is a legitimately terrible way to play.
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

nutella wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:50 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Apr 21, 2020 11:25 pm 2 of my 3 scumreads were wrong, you know what that means.

What a shock.

Remind me why you’re reading me wolf again, is it the same garbage reason you started with or you have found a new reason to tunnel?
Yikes

I almost always assume that someone is town when talking to them. Otherwise why would I bother talking to them.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

speedchuck wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:49 pm
nutella wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:21 pm Never lynching:
Master Radishes
Explain
I locked him town D1 due to mindmelds and his thought processes/approach to solving. That doesn't sound very substantial when I put it that way but it is extremely substantial to me (maybe I'm forgetting a detail that sealed it for me, I'll look back in a bit). Then there's the role claim today which seals it even more imo (some may disagree with that but it's how I see it)
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 243
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

I just read back through [mention]Long Con[/mention] because of 112's read on him. I don't see anything that said "scum" and he ended up voting Nanook with 112 and sig (and nutella but we don't know her alignment at this point). I believe him when he said he didn't know Nanook was voting for him and that was a town look. I would feel a little better if he would answer my question about his gut read of Nanook. Maybe today.

lots of linki
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:52 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:07 am Wouldn't mind killing Nanook tbh.

He feels A LITTLE more scumhunting than last game, but the idea of letting Nanook fool me two consecutive times seriously irks me.

I already know the man can fake emotion like a top tier mafia player. I'm not giving him a civ read for cheap.
“I’m SRing him cause I don’t want to look silly” is a legitimately terrible way to play.
Is it a terrible way to play, or is he scum??

Your only criticisms of anyone are that they are wrongtown. Do you *suspect* anyone or no??
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

What a shock.

Yikes

I almost always assume that someone is town when talking to them. Otherwise why would I bother talking to them.
Nah this ain't it chief.

[VOTE: nanook] aubergine
Image Image Image Image
Image Image

nutella wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:55 pm

Is it a terrible way to play, or is he scum??

Your only criticisms of anyone are that they are wrongtown. Do you *suspect* anyone or no??
Terrible is alignment neutral. Like, it’s shitty regardless of his alignment.

And as I said before, I almost always talk to people as if they’re town. Otherwise why bother talking to them?

I really hope you’re mafia cause this is pure trash
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

juliets' post drew to my attention the fact that the two flipped townies were both on the Nanook wagon (and the other two were myself and LC who I believe is town so imo it was a pure wagon). That makes me wonder even more if the sig/mr wagons were pushed by scum to save nanook. Fits with my Hyena case as well.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Wtf do you mean "otherwise why bother" literally what the fuck game are you playing where that's a thing
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

I get your mafia philosophy isn't always the same as other people's bit wtf is that
Image Image Image Image
Image Image

Like regardless of my alignment, I’m going to talk to people as if they’re town. Otherwise what’s the point of talking to them at all. SRing me for that is almost as bad as “nanook can’t SR anyone!” which is also demonstrably, patently false.

So yeah, do better, regardless of your alignment.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

nutella wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:30 pm Juliets and DDL have similar problems. They haven't stood out or made any impact. I don't like that.

The more I think about it the worse I feel about juliets. She has shown the bare bones of her meta without any of the meat. Her most content-ful post was a lengthy justification of her sig vote after sig had flipped. Not great.
Is this what you are talking about? I can't think of a game where I've made an impact Day 1. I acknowledge that you feel bad about me because of that. My justification for my sig vote after he flipped was because speedchuck requested we ALL talk about why we voted for the person we did. I don't know why you would see that as a bad thing.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

nutella wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:02 pm Wtf do you mean "otherwise why bother" literally what the fuck game are you playing where that's a thing
Why would I talk to mafia nutella? Am I going to convince them my case is so good they should in fact vote themselves?
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:03 pm Like regardless of my alignment, I’m going to talk to people as if they’re town. Otherwise what’s the point of talking to them at all. SRing me for that is almost as bad as “nanook can’t SR anyone!” which is also demonstrably, patently false.

You've literally said the same two sentences three times now. I don't understand them. Why the fuck would you not engage people you suspect? You're doing it right now, no? Or not, because you don't actually suspect me.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image

Like Jesus fuck, there’s no point talking to someone as if they’re mafia. You’re not gonna convince mafia you’re right, and if they’re town you just make the game shitty and unfun for them.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

"what's the point of talking to someone you think is mafia" is the bizarrest take I've ever seen in mafia lmfao
Image Image Image Image
Image Image

nutella wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:05 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:03 pm Like regardless of my alignment, I’m going to talk to people as if they’re town. Otherwise what’s the point of talking to them at all. SRing me for that is almost as bad as “nanook can’t SR anyone!” which is also demonstrably, patently false.

You've literally said the same two sentences three times now. I don't understand them. Why the fuck would you not engage people you suspect? You're doing it right now, no? Or not, because you don't actually suspect me.
Way to twist my words. I didn’t say I don’t talk to people I suspect, I said I don’t talk to people as if they’re mafia.. There’s no point in it!
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

juliets wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:04 pm
nutella wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:30 pm Juliets and DDL have similar problems. They haven't stood out or made any impact. I don't like that.

The more I think about it the worse I feel about juliets. She has shown the bare bones of her meta without any of the meat. Her most content-ful post was a lengthy justification of her sig vote after sig had flipped. Not great.
Is this what you are talking about? I can't think of a game where I've made an impact Day 1. I acknowledge that you feel bad about me because of that. My justification for my sig vote after he flipped was because speedchuck requested we ALL talk about why we voted for the person we did. I don't know why you would see that as a bad thing.
It was an overly elaborate justification, and the only content you've produced. I get that it was answering a question, but one would think you could produce content that thorough about living players at some point.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image

It’s only bizarre if you completely ignore what I’m actually saying and twist it entirely differently

I say this with all seriousness, actually read what I’m saying, until then fuck off.

And I genuinely hope you’re Mafia cause jfc if you’re doing this as town.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:05 pm Like Jesus fuck, there’s no point talking to someone as if they’re mafia. You’re not gonna convince mafia you’re right, and if they’re town you just make the game shitty and unfun for them.
Interactions in thread are not only there for the direct participants. I interact with people I suspect to show other people why they're suspicious. This is like 101 level thinking. Come on
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:08 pm It’s only bizarre if you completely ignore what I’m actually saying and twist it entirely differently

I say this with all seriousness, actually read what I’m saying, until then fuck off.

Yes I get what you said. But I talk to people as if they're mafia all the time and it produces valuable thread content.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

What is so bad about me doing this as town?
Image Image Image Image
Image Image

I’m stepping away now, I don’t have the capacity to deal with this crap while I’m exhausted.

Nutella, you know I love you and I’m sorry for cursing you out, please do better regardless of your alignment cause this is pretty frustrating.

nutella wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:10 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:08 pm It’s only bizarre if you completely ignore what I’m actually saying and twist it entirely differently

Yes I get what you said. But I talk to people as if they're mafia all the time and it produces valuable thread content.
Good for you. I disagree on the value and rarely do it.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Wtf do you mean do better though. I am absolutely baffled by your perspective and I think this discussion may have actually helped me see a world where you're town so it wasn't all bad. And that's from a starting point where I was talking to you assuming you were scum, so that just proves my point.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 452
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

What a shock.

Yikes

nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

I hope [mention]Sloonei[/mention] reads that exchange. I felt like I was channeling his spirit a bit.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

nutella wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:07 pm
juliets wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:04 pm

It was an overly elaborate justification, and the only content you've produced. I get that it was answering a question, but one would think you could produce content that thorough about living players at some point.
An overly elaborate justification? He asked a question, I answered it to the best of my ability, call it what you like to try and justify your position. You're trying to take something I did that was good and make it bad. And I always produce content about living players at some point - the more people behave the more there is to analyze.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

[VOTE: Nanook] aubergine
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

"something I did that was good"

sorry, I'm not convinced.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

nutella wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:16 pm "something I did that was good"

sorry, I'm not convinced.
And I'm not convinced you don't know my game better than this so there we stand.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

I know your game, and I think you usually do more by this point. You've been mostly just reactive, rather than asking lots of questions of people.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Do you suspect me? If so tell me more. Unless you subscribe to the Nanook school now.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

nutella wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:23 pm I think you usually do more by this point.
-everyone about Juliets's game in every game she plays.

I have no clue how to read Juliets.

Juliets is >rand town
Master Radishes
Hitman
Posts in topic: 64

Post by Master Radishes »

Okay but seriously, how does one figure out when Juliets is scum?

I assume she doesn’t have the same radiant “look at me I’m town!” aura about her.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:45 pm I assume she doesn’t have the same radiant “look at me I’m town!” aura about her.
And you think she has that here??
Image Image Image Image
Image Image

nutella wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:49 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:45 pm I assume she doesn’t have the same radiant “look at me I’m town!” aura about her.
And you think she has that here??
Clearly, or I wouldn’t have said she’s >rand town.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 11
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

nutella wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:14 pm I hope Sloonei reads that exchange. I felt like I was channeling his spirit a bit.
My work here is done then.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 11
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

(For real, I probably shouldnt have said yes to this game. I'm trying to finish my thesis this week.)
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

I just read through Hyena who was another of 112's bad reads. One thing she says about him is his posts are short but usually contain more substance when he's town. I'll take a look at Inception in a while to see if that was true early on in the game, it's certainly true in this one. She also said she thought he picked up her comment that "Hyena is tricky" and was waiting to use it on him later. It seemed to me he had already used it by the time she said that to say she was bad as he pointed to how it was used in the champs WC game to pocket him (by 112's scum pattern Eva). So I'm not sure what her point was there.

Hyena made big statements about wanting to lynch 112, at one point even asking people to please join him to do it. I know this is WIFOM but it seems unlikely to me that his mafia team (if he is bad) would kill her given how strong his statements were about wanting to kill her in the Lynch.

lots of linki and it looks like some of it's about me - I will read after I post.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

nutella wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 1:23 pm Do you suspect me? If so tell me more. Unless you subscribe to the Nanook school now.
I haven't read through your ISO and wouldn't suspect you just because you suspect me. You are wrong about me though.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

[mention]nutella[/mention] talk to me about Hyena. His vote jumped around a lot during EOD but I chalked that up to different culture. I agree with 112 that his posts are short but so are Nanook's in every game I've played with him where he's been civ. What are you seeing that places him so low on your list?

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Mostly his jump onto the MR wagon when he randomly decided to trust DDL for no reason. I have talked about this and pulled the quotes. I thought it was a really bad look, that whole string of posts where he turned around on DDL and followed him on MR without justification. It looked to me like potentially an attempt to save Nanook (after he had briefly had his vote on nanook but felt icky about it) but I think also looks bad independent of Nanook's alignment. Also I think he's a decent candidate to have killed 112.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”