Coronavirus Mafia [ENDGAME]

What's the craic?

Poll ended at Mon May 04, 2020 12:23 am

This is REAL wrestling: no gimmicks.
17%
Who are you again?: all players must open the day with an in character post.
No votes
Hey, that’s the other game!: everyone must post a post that rhymes for their vote to count. Or a haiku. Something poemy.
33%
All I want is some ice cream: after the phase, all players get ice cream. (hosts and dead peeps etc.)
50%

Total votes: 6
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 109
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Re: Coronavirus Mafia [Day 2]

Post by Long Con »

Excellent. That's a nice free mafia death. Someone done good.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 385
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

speedchuck wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 6:49 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:21 pm
nutella wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:19 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:18 pm I think he just likes playing with me and prioritized that over TRs.
If it's just that, or some combination of that and giving you another phase to prove yourself, I guess I can understand that but I still find it sketchy
It’s literally the same as “I haven’t played with MP in a long time so I’m not TKing him D1.”
nutella wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:21 pm You know, unless player B is my scumbuddy. :shrug2:
:smoky:
Huh?
to the spoiler go the victories:
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 366

Post by speedchuck »

Hyena wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 6:29 pm I think Jack is confirmed town now?
or biggg gambit lol
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

nutella wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 6:38 pm If MR was scum I don't believe anything anymore. I have no beliefs. I am an apostate of the school of mafia. I give up.
I don't believe this reaction.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

nutella wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 6:41 pm I am honestly speechless. My MR townread was one of the strongest convictions I had. I honestly have no idea what to think of this game now. I'm at square one.
Effing whyy
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Well now we know that scum can just openly claim their roles lol
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

speedchuck wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 6:56 pm
nutella wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 6:38 pm If MR was scum I don't believe anything anymore. I have no beliefs. I am an apostate of the school of mafia. I give up.
I don't believe this reaction.
:shrug2: It's true. I was utterly dumbfounded.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

speedchuck wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 6:56 pm
nutella wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 6:41 pm I am honestly speechless. My MR townread was one of the strongest convictions I had. I honestly have no idea what to think of this game now. I'm at square one.
Effing whyy
Why did I townread him? A combination of reasons plus just some strong gut. Idk. I probably shouldn't have been so confident in retrospect especially after the role claim but I just felt so sure he was genuine.

I really don't blame you if you think I'm bad now. I'm not. I was just wrong :keys:
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:18 pm I think he just likes playing with me and prioritized that over TRs.
If it's just that, or some combination of that and giving you another phase to prove yourself, I guess I can understand that but I still find it sketchy
It’s literally the same as “I haven’t played with MP in a long time so I’m not TKing him D1.”
nutella wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:21 pm You know, unless player B is my scumbuddy. :shrug2:
Can you explain what you mean by quoting these two posts? The second quote was a continuation of my previous post and it got linki'd but I posted before reading Nanook's intervening post so these are not directly connected. Though they are on the same topic.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

I actually keep going back and forth on whether you and nanook are teammates. For a while it seemed really, really plausible, but then y'all got mad. I think that might be a bit much for teammate interaction.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

speedchuck wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:00 pm I actually keep going back and forth on whether you and nanook are teammates. For a while it seemed really, really plausible, but then y'all got mad. I think that might be a bit much for teammate interaction.
We're not. Can you explain what made you think that for a while?
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

nutella wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:00 pm
Can you explain what you mean by quoting these two posts? The second quote was a continuation of my previous post and it got linki'd but I posted before reading Nanook's intervening post so these are not directly connected. Though they are on the same topic.
Yeah I was reading the whole thread. I could add more quoted posts.

Was it you who said “I haven’t played with MP in a long time so I’m not TKing him D1.” ?

And nanook quoted that as an example of the same thing he's doing, while you said you wouldn't do it unless it was your scumbuddy.

IDK it's probably nothing but I found it amusing. On second thought I don't think that was even your quote, but I feel like someone said it.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

nutella wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:02 pm
speedchuck wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:00 pm I actually keep going back and forth on whether you and nanook are teammates. For a while it seemed really, really plausible, but then y'all got mad. I think that might be a bit much for teammate interaction.
The following post:
nutella wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:22 pm why is anyone voting nanook tho smh
Plus all the distancing looking stuff later in the night and early in the day pinged me. I mentioned it earlier, and you guys responded to it.
But this latest tizzy has me on the other side of the fence.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 243
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

[mention]nutella[/mention], regarding Nanook:

He started the game out as the same Nanook I know from previous games where he's been civ. One liners and such.

He said he thought Tony was town because Tony leaned town for his thinking Alex Jones was town after you and Nanook said differently. I thought that was a decent read.

Said he was pro-lurker kills which for whatever reason surprised me but I didn't read that as bad.

He did not town read 112 as town because of her progression on MR and felt it was a way to just get him (Nanook) out of the game. He also said if he had his choice he would vote her or sig. I read 112 as town but we don't have to agree on reads to both be civs. Also, her progression on MR did turn out to be wrong. I could see why someone said he could have been on a team that killed her.

He didn't like your thoughts on needing to lynch MP because he would be impossible to get out later. I didn't really like that either so I don't see that as wrong headed.

Made a deal with Hyena to self preserve by voting for MR. It's not AI, he could have done that good or bad but I can't hold that against him. He then voted sig to self preserve and avoid a tie, I think that was in the last minutes.

Then there is the disagreement between you and he. I don't know what to make of that honestly. I don't think I've ever seen Nanook that frustrated. I don't know whether thats something that happens when he's bad or he's town or it's NAI. Can someone who's played with Nanook when he's bad weigh in on whether you see this as AI?

So in the end, I'm not seeing anything saying "scum" to mean loud letters but nutella I know you feel differently. It would be helpful if you could give me your read on his game so far.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

speedchuck wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:02 pm
nutella wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:00 pm
Yeah I was reading the whole thread. I could add more quoted posts.

Was it you who said “I haven’t played with MP in a long time so I’m not TKing him D1.” ?

And nanook quoted that as an example of the same thing he's doing, while you said you wouldn't do it unless it was your scumbuddy.

IDK it's probably nothing but I found it amusing. On second thought I don't think that was even your quote, but I feel like someone said it.
No, I never said such a thing. Nanook just pulled that out as an example, I'm not sure if he was referring to someone who had actually said that, but it wasn't me. I wanted to lynch MP D1 anyway (and I also played another game recently, his first back from hiatus, and I NKed him N1 there lol).
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

juliets wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:07 pm Made a deal with Hyena to self preserve by voting for MR. It's not AI, he could have done that good or bad but I can't hold that against him. He then voted sig to self preserve and avoid a tie, I think that was in the last minutes.
BTW I know you're talking about nanook but this was a really good-looking move for Hyena.

We need to do EOD vote analysis
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

speedchuck wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:07 pm
nutella wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:02 pm
The following post:
nutella wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:22 pm why is anyone voting nanook tho smh
Plus all the distancing looking stuff later in the night and early in the day pinged me. I mentioned it earlier, and you guys responded to it.
But this latest tizzy has me on the other side of the fence.
Well, I townread him D1 and didn't understand the wagon on him at all at the time. Don't know about "distancing looking stuff", we've had a few disagreements and I've suspected him quite a bit.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

juliets wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:07 pm @nutella, regarding Nanook:

He started the game out as the same Nanook I know from previous games where he's been civ. One liners and such.

He said he thought Tony was town because Tony leaned town for his thinking Alex Jones was town after you and Nanook said differently. I thought that was a decent read.

Said he was pro-lurker kills which for whatever reason surprised me but I didn't read that as bad.

He did not town read 112 as town because of her progression on MR and felt it was a way to just get him (Nanook) out of the game. He also said if he had his choice he would vote her or sig. I read 112 as town but we don't have to agree on reads to both be civs. Also, her progression on MR did turn out to be wrong. I could see why someone said he could have been on a team that killed her.

He didn't like your thoughts on needing to lynch MP because he would be impossible to get out later. I didn't really like that either so I don't see that as wrong headed.

Made a deal with Hyena to self preserve by voting for MR. It's not AI, he could have done that good or bad but I can't hold that against him. He then voted sig to self preserve and avoid a tie, I think that was in the last minutes.

Then there is the disagreement between you and he. I don't know what to make of that honestly. I don't think I've ever seen Nanook that frustrated. I don't know whether thats something that happens when he's bad or he's town or it's NAI. Can someone who's played with Nanook when he's bad weigh in on whether you see this as AI?

So in the end, I'm not seeing anything saying "scum" to mean loud letters but nutella I know you feel differently. It would be helpful if you could give me your read on his game so far.
Okay, thanks for responding. I need to think about him some more in light of the MR flip but in the case he is scum I do think that you are compatible with him which is why I asked for this. Will have to come back to this topic in a bit
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Hyena
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 370
Preferred Pronouns: Any pronouns work!

Post by Hyena »

[VOTE: M Plus 7] aubergine

Quotes are coming.
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 243
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

speedchuck wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:09 pm
juliets wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:07 pm Made a deal with Hyena to self preserve by voting for MR. It's not AI, he could have done that good or bad but I can't hold that against him. He then voted sig to self preserve and avoid a tie, I think that was in the last minutes.
BTW I know you're talking about nanook but this was a really good-looking move for Hyena.

We need to do EOD vote analysis
Yes I agree on both counts.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Hyena wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:12 pm [VOTE: M Plus 7] aubergine

Quotes are coming.
Ooooohhhhh spicy. I'm excited for this.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Tfw Hyena was town all along and I was right about MP from the very beginning and never should have doubted myself.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Master Radishes
3 Voters: Dragon D. Luffy, speedchuck, Hyena

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
4 Voters: Long Con, sig, 112, nutella

sig
5 Voters: NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME, juliets, M Plus 7, Jackofhearts2005, TonyStarkPrime

TonyStarkPrime
1 Voter: Master Radishes

OBSERVE~!

There was a save on Sig at the end of the game, and I think MP and Nanook need to help answer for it.
Why? How do I know it was coordinated, and not a random lynch?

Because MR wasn't even worried enough to self-preserve. (If Nanook is scum, it makes self-preserving more dicey as well)

But IDK what the order of the votes were and my wife wants me to help in the kitchen, so discuss please. Hyena looks bloody great IMO. 2 confirmed town voting for Nanook here. At least 1 or 2 scum on Sig, especially if Nanook is bad.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Please research the vote order someone, it's important and I ain't got time.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Hyena
Loan Shark

Re: Coronavirus Mafia [Day 1]

Post by Hyena »

112 suspected MP7:
M Plus 7 wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:30 pm MP7 random D1 feels reads whatever man

towncore
Hyena
juliets
nutella
speed

probably town
DDL
Tony

Upper POE
DrWilgy
Jack
LC
MR

Lower POE
Nanook
Poison Chan
sig

I think? Ordered across tiers but not within, by the way.

Maybe I do have more reads than I thought. I'm certainly wrong about something or multiple things or all of it, but whatever, I think this is what I got. Trusting my gut for now. Fuck tinfoil.
112 wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:31 pm Nute could still be right about mplus but I honestly don't think anyone gets as angry as he did in a contest like this unless he's town.

That towncore post had an awful tone fwiw and it's what sparked this post.
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

Tone feels pocket-y:
M Plus 7 wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:35 pm
Hyena wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:31 pm
M Plus 7 wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:24 pm Alright, I'm saying fuck it to tinfoil for now. 112, nutella, juliets, Hyena, speed -- I think I trust the lot of you for now. Whom should I consider voting and why?

I suspect sig but he's... so sig that I just ehhh, I don't want to do that I think. What should I do?
If not 112, then probably Tony. Him joining the Sig wagon after it started growing kinda sealed the deal for me. He also placed a vote for Speedchuck earlier that I didn't like, and when I asked him about it, he gave me a pretty meh response (Tony: "He's felt disengenuous to me"). On top of that, I don't feel like he tried to do anything during the first half of D1. In the second half, I completely lost track of him. He doesn't have any kind of thread presence from my perspective.
Hmmm... you and I need to talk more about reads because we're opposed. That's intriguing.

I actually like your take on Tony here, thanks for this. Maybe I'll ISO him real fast.
M Plus 7 wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:35 pm
112 wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:31 pm Nute could still be right about mplus but I honestly don't think anyone gets as angry as he did in a contest like this unless he's town.

That towncore post had an awful tone fwiw and it's what sparked this post.
I find this intriguing, but perhaps it's a conversation you and I should have later and not now.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

I am liking these new lines of analysis. That sig vote looks a lot like a save.
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

Actually, I'll just get to the meat of what made me think of him in the first place:
M Plus 7 wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:45 pm This is totally illogical and I'm probably being an idiot, but I'm hesitant to lynch MR because we've never played together before.
M Plus 7 wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:42 pm It is sort of weird that LC had a joke wagon of 3 votes on him but hasn't received any serious pressure.
M Plus 7 wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:43 pm And I realize I was one of those votes, lol.

Jack ISO is... hmmmm. Not really sure what to make of it tbh.
M Plus 7 wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:43 pm Fuck it maybe I will just sheep one of you all.
M Plus 7 wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:46 pm [VOTE: Long Con] aubergine

Trying to create wagons because I'm insane
M Plus 7 wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:48 pm I will sort of hate myself is sig actually is scum here and I don't follow through because to be honest he's the closest thing I have to a scum read.

Hmmmm.
M Plus 7 wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:48 pm Hey nutella what do you want to do
Hyena wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:49 pm

I don't mind people trying to create wagons so close to EoD, but like... Long Con? After I spent a lot of D1 voting him and trying to push him? Why didn't this wagon happen sooner, when both Nanook and I were still wagoning him?
M Plus 7 wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:50 pm
Hyena wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:49 pm

I don't mind people trying to create wagons so close to EoD, but like... Long Con? After I spent a lot of D1 voting him and trying to push him? Why didn't this wagon happen sooner, when both Nanook and I were still wagoning him?
Are you asking why I didn't start it sooner? Because... I wasn't here and at that point with my reads? Lol.
(will be continued)
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

Starting to sound really panicked here:
M Plus 7 wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:51 pm
nutella wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:50 pm Let's make the magic happen again. [VOTE: jackofhearts2005theunlynchable] aubergine
Okay fuck it, I'm in this.

[VOTE: Jackofhearts2005] aubergine
Hyena wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:51 pm
M Plus 7 wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:50 pm I don't know. I feels bad man about lynching MR even if I shouldn't.
How about Tony?
M Plus 7 wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:52 pm
Hyena wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:51 pm
M Plus 7 wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:50 pm I don't know. I feels bad man about lynching MR even if I shouldn't.
How about Tony?
I could probably do that but my gut said he was sort of town before I ISO'd him and you said that thing, so there's a bit of resistance internally. Maybe it's because I feel LHF possibility or something.

I'm open to it though, for sure.

Fuck me how are there only <10 mins left, ahhhhh
M Plus 7 wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:54 pm Honestly sig is objectively the scummiest still to me but fndanfdafgiajpkao;wfsjmgosgvae
M Plus 7 wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:55 pm
Hyena wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:55 pm About 5 more minutes till EoD, I think?
fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Doesn't look good for M Plus 7.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

speedchuck wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:16 pm Master Radishes
3 Voters: Dragon D. Luffy, speedchuck, Hyena

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
4 Voters: Long Con, sig, 112, nutella

sig
5 Voters: NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME, juliets, M Plus 7, Jackofhearts2005, TonyStarkPrime

TonyStarkPrime
1 Voter: Master Radishes

OBSERVE~!

There was a save on Sig at the end of the game, and I think MP and Nanook need to help answer for it.
Why? How do I know it was coordinated, and not a random lynch?

Because MR wasn't even worried enough to self-preserve. (If Nanook is scum, it makes self-preserving more dicey as well)

But IDK what the order of the votes were and my wife wants me to help in the kitchen, so discuss please. Hyena looks bloody great IMO. 2 confirmed town voting for Nanook here. At least 1 or 2 scum on Sig, especially if Nanook is bad.
Yeah, there's definitely a lot to unpack there. I think the Nanook wagon is pure but the sig one is stinky.
speedchuck wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:16 pm Please research the vote order someone, it's important and I ain't got time.
I sort of know at least some of it because I was interacting in real time with MP when we decided to make it 4-4-4 as I chose Nanook since I was townreading MR and didn't really want to lynch sig either, and MP chose sig. I wouldn't be surprised if MP was scum there saving MR.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

nutella wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:56 pm I'll be pretty upset if MR is mislynched tbh. If it comes down to it I'll vote nanook. More people should get on the jack wagon tho.
M Plus 7 wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:57 pm Hey nutella how about you join the nanook train and I join sig, and then 4/4/4, LET IT RAND MOTHERFUCKERS
M Plus 7 wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:58 pm
M Plus 7 wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:57 pm Hey nutella how about you join the nanook train and I join sig, and then 4/4/4, LET IT RAND MOTHERFUCKERS
Alright let's do this shit

[VOTE: SIG] aubergine
Hyena wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:58 pm
lol, actually, I'd be in support of this
(yeah, I don't look good here, but fuck it, it sounded funny at the time, lol)
M Plus 7 wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:58 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:58 pm 3 min to tell me who I should be voting for and why. Go!
whoever it is just make sure you LET IT RAND
nutella wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:59 pm [VOTE: nanook] aubergine here you go hyena!
M Plus 7 wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:59 pm This is glorious.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Or saving MR and Nanook.
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

Nanook was always going to self-preserve, which means he was always going to vote Sig once the wagons became tied.

So, yeah. :P

Game over, MP7.
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

Hi, I'm town. :3
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Hyena wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:29 pmHi, I'm town. :3
Very pleased to meet you, good sir.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Yeah, a lot of these quotes look really icky in retrospect. And lol the 112 stuff too

I'm sold. [VOTE: M Plus 7] aubergine
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

But yeah, I also suspect that's why 112 was killed. 112 might've been on to something.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

[VOTE: M Plus 7] aubergine
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Hyena wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:28 pm Nanook was always going to self-preserve, which means he was always going to vote Sig once the wagons became tied.

So, yeah. :P

Game over, MP7.
Yeah. I should have realized that but I wasn't as invested in saving sig as in saving MR at the time (yeah yeah, wrong side of history and all that)
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 195
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

nutella wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:35 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:05 am Feeling a bit better on MR, since the "In Depth Analysis on OMG Why You People Suck" he spent the night making feels more like something a civ would do than a baddie. He seems to be taking it personally. Though to be fair it does seem he'd make that effort even if he was not one of the people being lynched, so whatever.

Not sure where this nutella wagon even came from, it's very sudden.

I'm not super strong on the Hyena case bu I agree him following me on my placeholder poison lynch is bad. Could vote.
What? I don't really care about the poison vote anymore. Hyena following you on the MR vote was bad. Talk to me about that?
It's not great either.

But I have a little voice in my head saying those obviously scummy things Hyena is doing come from a guy we barely know who likes to be quirky instead of a scum player trying to look civ.

Too scummy to be scum, maybe.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 195
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

Master Radishes wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:43 pm
nutella wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:32 pm
Master Radishes wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 12:28 pm @nutella can you tell me why you're so convinced about Tony? Or point me to where you explained it, if I've just missed it?
When he countered the idea that alex jones would necessarily be anti-town. Suggested to me that he has a town role that isn't obviously flavorfully "good" and definitely seemed like something scum would never say there in any situation.
Okay, just that then?

I get the thought process, but I don't agree it's something scum would never do. If he had been the first person to respond, yeah, but two others had just posted 'scum' and '3P'. There was an opening to say 'town', and it's an amusing and/or contrarian response that's well within Tony's wheelhouse IMO.

I need to ISO him too though, since - DDL may not believe this - I've been wrong on my D1 reads before.
You are awfully personal about this game.

It's silly.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 11
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

I think that MP is town.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:36 pm I think that MP is town.
Well would you look what the cat dragged in.

This is the first game relevant thing you've even said. Where is this coming from? How much have you read? Why do you have this opinion? Why haven't you said anything else yet?
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

DDL's outdated catchup posts are going to be fun to read XD
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

It doesn't fit together that neatly guys. Don't forget nanook's position here, and that MP comes from a time when the syndicate had a tie fetish even more than it does now.

I want to hear MP/Nanook combos. If MP is scum, is nanook? If nanook is scum, is MP? Can they be scum together? What would the thought process be?

MP scum, nanook town - why would MP chance voting for sig when nanook was probably the easier lynch at the time?
MP town, nanook scum - I mean yeah, nanook's going to self-preserve, so why did we ever thing the tie would work. Why would a 3-way tie ever work?
Both scum - would they really chance the reveal of having both of them pile onto sig?

Which world looks most likely to you?

And sorry Hyena, I'm going to ignore things about MP being excited/panicked at EOD1. That could just as easily be town with a big decision to make and a lot of excitement/investment into the game.

Let's fully analyse this and not 'Gotcha' MP just yet. We have time.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:36 pm I think that MP is town.
I think you are scum. :3
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

I hope nobody has put in their unchangeable private votes yet. We need a consensus target for that by... IDK, maybe 6 hours before EOD?
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

speedchuck wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:41 pm And sorry Hyena, I'm going to ignore things about MP being excited/panicked at EOD1. That could just as easily be town with a big decision to make and a lot of excitement/investment into the game.
It's all good. <3

--------------------------

I gotta run for a bit. I'll be back later tonight!
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

speedchuck wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 7:42 pm I hope nobody has put in their unchangeable private votes yet. We need a consensus target for that by... IDK, maybe 6 hours before EOD?
I haven't put mine in yet, no!

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”