Coronavirus Mafia [ENDGAME]

What's the craic?

Poll ended at Mon May 04, 2020 12:23 am

This is REAL wrestling: no gimmicks.
17%
Who are you again?: all players must open the day with an in character post.
No votes
Hey, that’s the other game!: everyone must post a post that rhymes for their vote to count. Or a haiku. Something poemy.
33%
All I want is some ice cream: after the phase, all players get ice cream. (hosts and dead peeps etc.)
50%

Total votes: 6
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 243
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Re: Coronavirus Mafia [Day 2]

Post by juliets »

I'm being pulled back into the thread because I want to read nutella so I'll do my work and chores later. I'll check in here in case anyone has any questions for me while I'm researching.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 540
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Re: Coronavirus Mafia [Day 1]

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

Hyena wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:09 am
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:30 pm Can I vote for speedchuck then

Or maybe I’m too focused on the “people pushing me for bad reasons” genre
Are you talking about him suggesting that you might struggle as scum to come up with reasons to scumread town players? I remember thinking it was a bad reason, too, and correcting him on that. However, I didn't think the way he presented his reason was, like, opportunistic or scummy. Plus, he seemed to retract that opinion in a later post if I remember correctly?
He SR for that, was presented with evidence that contradicted that SR, acknowledged it, and....continued to SR me.

Semi-ironically I think he may be having the same issue he accused me of, struggling to find reasons to SR townies, which leads to inflexibility in those reads even when presented with evidence that contradicts it.
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

juliets wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:22 am @NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME do you think MR was voting Tony for distance? I've somehow missed your reasons for putting a vote on him.
I’m not voting tony so I don’t understand the question? I’m actively TRing Tony
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

juliets wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:07 am
juliets wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:22 am @NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME do you think MR was voting Tony for distance? I've somehow missed your reasons for putting a vote on him.
Nanook so sorry I got confused looking at the votes. You don't have a vote on Tony so never mind my question.
Hahaha ok, that makes more sense! I was pretty confused for a hot minute 😂
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 11:55 am
I’m not voting tony so I don’t understand the question? I’m actively TRing Tony
Yeah I misread the vote poll, sorry.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

speedchuck wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:54 am
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:30 am I mean I get what you’re saying but I think normal logic may not entirely apply given that radishes wasn’t even around to self prez and we had/have two non entities. Seems entirely possible that in a 3 scum world a more active partner would feel compelled to vote radishes, especially if one of the non entities is mafia, yeah?

Like I’m not pushing that world but I think it’s entirely plausible.
... says the guy who self-prezzed on MR
Yeah, I self prezzed on him before I had to, what’s your point?

See now I’m conflicted, I am still very willing to kill nutella but I don’t wanna kill MP. I would/will actively fight an MP kill. So I’m a bit hesitant to jump back into nutella when the next place people wanna go is MP.

Can we do nutella and chuck instead?
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 195
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

I townread chuck

Why

Also I agree that nutella amd Jules aren’t w/w but why is it being treated like a 1v1? Still possible they’re t/t, no?
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Been agreeing with almost everything he says since day 1.

Also iirc he pulled that "do a dumb case early to bait reactions" thing he loves to do as a townie.

I mean I don’t particularly think they are, but being wrong on nutes isn’t gonna make me go “oh it must be Juliet then!”
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

I mean if you don't want to lynch MP argue that if/when it comes down to it. I'm not even sure if it will.

Lynching nutella has nothing to do with that.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:30 pm I mean I don’t particularly think they are, but being wrong on nutes isn’t gonna make me go “oh it must be Juliet then!”
It won't for me, either.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Being wrong on nutes is likely to make me aim all the ammo onto MP though.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

This reminds me of Firefly Mafia where TH was bad and nutella was his #1 fan all game (she was civ).

Fine [VOTE: nutella] aubergine

[mention]M Plus 7[/mention] if you wanna do a chuck counterwagon when you’re back lemme know but I’m not real interested in juliets.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:12 pm See now I’m conflicted, I am still very willing to kill nutella but I don’t wanna kill MP. I would/will actively fight an MP kill. So I’m a bit hesitant to jump back into nutella when the next place people wanna go is MP.

If you are so sure about MP that you'll fight an MP lynch then I will not vote for him. I had mixed feelings anyway after reading your first post, and it just brings me further away from him to see how adamant you are. I don't think you would do this if you were bad with him and I don't think you're bad anyway, solidified by MR's posts that you should be the lynch. I'm not sure about speed though, I've been reading him as town but I'll go back and look at him again. He did start out the game with a weird Day 1 read of me that cited things I did in other civ games as scummy, but it seems like I've been shaking my head "yes" at a lot of his posts. The other thing about speed is he is way different from his scum self that I just saw in GOC. I'll give it a look though.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

juliets wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:40 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:12 pm See now I’m conflicted, I am still very willing to kill nutella but I don’t wanna kill MP. I would/will actively fight an MP kill. So I’m a bit hesitant to jump back into nutella when the next place people wanna go is MP.

If you are so sure about MP that you'll fight an MP lynch then I will not vote for him. I had mixed feelings anyway after reading your first post, and it just brings me further away from him to see how adamant you are. I don't think you would do this if you were bad with him and I don't think you're bad anyway, solidified by MR's posts that you should be the lynch. I'm not sure about speed though, I've been reading him as town but I'll go back and look at him again. He did start out the game with a weird Day 1 read of me that cited things I did in other civ games as scummy, but it seems like I've been shaking my head "yes" at a lot of his posts. The other thing about speed is he is way different from his scum self that I just saw in GOC. I'll give it a look though.
What’s your read on nutella? Just short version is fine, idk if you’ve said it already but I’m too lazy to look
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 430
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

So... unfortunately I really cannot be here today in any active capacity. Seeing as I still have votes on me, I implore anyone thinking of doing that to give me another cycle here at the least, as I'm pretty sure I can display why I'm town here.

Can someone point me to why nutella as votes? Not sure I'll have time to catch up, sorry.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:35 pm Fine [VOTE: nutella] aubergine

@M Plus 7 if you wanna do a chuck counterwagon when you’re back lemme know but I’m not real interested in juliets.
Thanks for the ping. I suppose I could lynch speedchuck.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Did we decide on the secret vote thing by the way? Someone ping me as to whether it'll be Sloonei or Wilgy. I lean the latter actually as much as I really want to play with Wilgy because I feel like Sloonei and/or Sloonei's slot is the one more likely to be playing at some point.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 385

Post by nutella »

juliets wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:20 am
nutella wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:44 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:42 pm
M Plus 7 wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:42 pm [VOTE: JackofHearts2005] aubergine
I’m mechanically cleared.

“Nice try.”
As much as I hate to admit, this is probably true. Like, you could have pulled that as a gambit but if that's the case you deserve to win lol. I really really really want to think you are bad here because you're being so boneheadedly wrong about me, but I have to take the role thing into account and it just makes a hell of a lot more sense if you're town.

Juliets is bad though trust me. I did my homework. :meany:
Just like you did your homework on MR. You were wrong there and you are wrong here. You claim to be able to read my reactions, that is what is going on in my head such as when you said I showed no emotion when MR was killed. How do you know how I felt? Even if I was bad I would have still been shocked. I just didn't put my 'yippee' emotions in the thread. You've handed in your math homework for English class.

Anyway, I'm only concerned because we will lose a civ presence and vote if I get lynched. Personally, I asked before I signed up for this game when EODs would be and I was told 7 or 8 pm so I agreed to play. The fact that they are at 10 or 11 is a personal hardship for me and I would never have signed up had I known. We are running through our replacements so I won't try and replace out. Bottom line is personally I won't be fussed if you convince everyone I am the baddie here, even though I'm playing the same game I always play. As long as I'm in though I will fight your desire for a town lynch.
Sorry jules but this post really does not do it for me. I may be biasing a bit but I think that your tone sounds really unnatural and bad here, and you didn't even respond to the main content of my case.

still catching up
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I know I don't currently have much influence in this game for whatever reason, but regardless of the reasons on nutella, I... am not seeing it here. I just played that other game with her where she was scum, and perhaps it is recency bias combined with you all having a better handle on her scum range, but her ability to re-assess the way she does here is something she incredibly failed to fake in that baseball game. It reads like night and day.

Long Con, what do you think about this?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I'll be back, sorry. Really going to need you all to trust me for a bit here.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

speedchuck wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:53 am
nutella wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:23 am Not to get all hubrisy with my reads again but I really think I'm right lol. I look at the player list and feel like I have legitimately good reasons to believe most of them are town to the point that I think if we lynch juliets and the correct one of wilgy/sloonei, that's just game over we win. I keep wanting to second guess that because i really shouldn't be so confident in all the town reasons after what happened with MR, but most of them are based on much more substantial evidence now and I'm left with an easy POE. It can really be that simple sometimes, right?
Day flippin' 2: "Welp, almost everyone is town, let's just lynch lurkers I guess. I'm pretty sure all my townreads are right despite the debacle earlier and there's no reason to waffle on them."
lol, it doesn't sound great when you put it that way but it's just how I feel at this point in this game. It's unusual that I'm not waffling much, I can't really explain it except that I keep going back to the reasons I have to think people are town and they feel so solid. I'm fully aware that this sounds crazy and scummy af but it's honestly where I'm at.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image

M Plus 7 wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:58 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:35 pm Fine [VOTE: nutella] aubergine

@M Plus 7 if you wanna do a chuck counterwagon when you’re back lemme know but I’m not real interested in juliets.
Thanks for the ping. I suppose I could lynch speedchuck.
Ok, moving my vote there. Probably the best counterwagon imo
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:28 am Nutella seems really bothered by town winning this game.
Lol you haven't seen the post where I get all excited about the possibility that we can win this game this very phase if I'm right and people don't lynch me.

I don't know how you get this sense. I want town to win, and I'm solving, just not in a usual way because of how my reads have shaken out.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:29 am The two things bothering nutella the most:

The fact we killed a mafioso.

And the fact we have a confirmed civ.
I really don't understand where you thought these "bothered" me. I was baffled by MR's flip, yeah, and kinda upset I was wrong, but absolutely not upset we had a red flip, and I started looking into interactions as soon as I could.

And I'm also treating Jack as well as a couple other people as basically confirmed civ, which is helping me solve. I never suggested this was a bad thing.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:30 am That's a fucking mindset slip if I ever saw one.
What? The "hate to admit it"? Come on man. You know I want to suspect you for so wrongly pushing me. You know I'm upset that you're not seeing me town here. So yeah, it's kind of annoying to have to accept that you're town and wrong about me and people are going to follow you because you have a history of reading me correctly and I'm gonna get mislynched. Doesn't mean I'm upset we have several near-confirmed townies. That has been a huge part of my solving process and you and DDL are making a really uncharitable assumption on me based on a couple word choices.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

juliets wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:35 am
speedchuck wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:07 am Alright, I'm going to take a shower and put my glasses on.

I think I've missed some post in my sporadic catch-up but the main point is that Jack's take is good. Nutella or Juliets are scum, and not both. Juliets defensive post a page or two back was full of what I'd consider AtE. "I wouldn't have signed up if I knew the end time" "You've been wrong before, you desire a town lynch" etc.
Juliets did make a point just after this that DDL is almost definitely town for coming down hard on MR. I think I like that and agree with it, though if nutella is scum I'd be worried about a pre-planned bus. It's not like DDL has gone after much of anyone else.

But on the other side of things, nutella's posts about 'I am definitely right this time so right I don't need to second guess myself' are pingy, especially with her usual predisposition toward waffling.

I probably scumread Juliets more between the two, though, as I trust myself more there. I don't know how many times I've come at nutella when we've both been town.

Jury's out on nanook and MP until I can refresh myself.
I'm not sure why you call me saying the EODs are too late for me an "appeal to emotion". Appeals to emotion try to emotionally manipulate people into not voting for the person ate'ing. Me saying the EODs are too late for my life style is not trying to appeal to people's emotions. It's saying I'm personally not going to take it hard if you decide to lynch me. It is also not an appeal to emotion to say "You've been wrong before". I mean, that is just a statement of fact. And finally, even though I wasn't ate'ing, if I was how would that make me bad? Do you have any other reasons for scum reading me?

I am not scum. Here are some posts from GOC from people who know my scum game because they've been scum with me. SVS was civ and Tranq was 3rd party. I know people have a hard time reading me but nobody knows my game better than these two:
S~V~S wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:14 pm
And noone asked me, but I think Jules is town based on how she answered a direct question. Her activity level is not generally alignment indicative. If anything I think she might post more when bad because she worries about being a low poster blendy baddie.
S~V~S wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 6:48 am I find this post reassuring, tbh. Epignosis. Bad Juliets is nervous Juliets, especially when she is in the spotlight and being pressed. I don't even remotely see that here. I see vaguely annoyed Juliets, which is civ Juliets in my book. Unless there is a big change, I won't be voting for her anytime soon.
Tranq wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:21 am Ted, i've played a lot of games with juliets. I can't claim to always read her correctly, but in this game she definately sounds civ. As SVS said, bad juliets gets nervous. I'm not seeing that here.
I have to go now but will be back this afternoon. I probably will not make it until EOD though I will try. I want to have sorted who my votes should go to before it gets to be 10:00.
Imo it's just a bad look that you went to dig these up as if a couple players' idea of your meta will help you here. And re: the last quote, I do think you look nervous here. Your only response to me felt stilted, and you haven't even responded to the actual reasons I suspect you-- your interaction history with MR (and particularly stuff around EOD1). Please talk about that.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

speedchuck wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:41 am If @nutella wants to strengthen her case on Juliets/MasterRadish, she'd compare the little they said about each other to the little they said about everyone else.

Juliets hasn't made many firm posts against or for people this game, that I recall anyway. MR might be the same. Who's to say that this method doesn't condemn half the playerlist? It was only D1, after all. These things work better on later days.

(But you can go for it if you want to investigate other ISOs. I won't have time today. My weekends are busy, and COVID shifted my work schedule weirdly.)
I did compare, thought not very quantifiably. I made the point that it really looked like MR had better interactions with most other players, but when I went looking for juliets' name in his iso it took me a while to find anything and the little that was there was uninspiring. Sure there may be other players that juliets didn't talk about much, but knowing MR was bad and looking at her mention of him before EOD1 and then how she just moved on and voted sig without acknowledging the MR stuff again really looks bad in hindsight.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Like I said, when going through MR's iso I found several reasons to dissociate certain players from him. Many of his interactions with people left me feeling those people were pretty clear from being his teammate. Just made it all the more glaringly bad when I looked into the juliets interactions as they were so different.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:55 am I hate the nutella/MP interactions with every fiber of my being.

There are like 20 different possibilities for pocking in each page of it.

If they are both town I'll eat my hat.
:shrug2: I go back and forth on thinking it's still possible MP is bad. But in that exchange last night he felt really pure, and his reasons for correctly townreading me are logical and backed up with evidence so I think he really does just see through to me rather than having TMI.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:59 am
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:55 am I hate the nutella/MP interactions with every fiber of my being.

Yeah yeah one of them should be calling out the other for the pocket attempt.

Especially after when I pointed out MP's reason for townreading Nutella was bad, he was pretty much like "fair enough."
How is his reason for townreading me bad? He's right :meany: I am nothing like any game where I was scum, I am posting stream of consciousness and not restrained like I do as scum, and I would never treat a teammate the way I treated MR. If you can't find it in you to believe that, then I guess you really don't know me half as well as you thought you did.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 11:00 am
nutella wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:18 am MP makes a good point though, if you think the way I locked MR town makes sense as a way I would treat a mafia teammate, I don't know what to say about your nutellameter lmao. If it's that beyond repair you might not be able to trade it in for anything better than a glorfindar. XD
I mean it. Handwave it with wifom all you want but it's true. I can't imagine ever calling a scummate lock town like that, especially if they were getting heat on D1 like MR was.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 11:00 am
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:59 am

Yeah yeah one of them should be calling out the other for the pocket attempt.

Especially after when I pointed out MP's reason for townreading Nutella was bad, he was pretty much like "fair enough."
But they're not. Cause they're teamed. MP's read on Nutella is fake and Nutella readily accepts it because she's not interested in reading MP either.
No, we're not teamed. This is probably the most ridiculous read you have, lol. I get why you scumread me, I get why you think either me or juliets is bad, but I don't get how you can think MP and I are teammates. It's possible he has pocketed me, but I really think we are just two townies who found each other and it's frustrating that other people aren't seeing it.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 11:05 am
M Plus 7 wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:28 am Also, having known nutella for ~10 years now, I will give you all a little secret about the way I read her.

If she's at some point in the game annoyed the ever loving fuck out of me, she's probably town.
I couldn't tell that from your posts.

It seems the two of you are BFFs.
You must have missed the big arguey emotionfest we had D1, that's what he's referring to
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 11:15 am
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 11:10 am
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:56 am Like unflipped associative reads aside, Juliets is null. I read those posts and they don’t even move my Juliets needle. They give you a confident scumread on her. That smells to me.

I think Hyena believes his MP read even if it’s wrong.

I’m inclined to think Nutella doesn’t believe her Juliets read.

In the event I find myself shaken by flips not going how I plan on them going, I lose confidence. So if I was in Nutella’s shoes and I did find those posts suspicious, I’d be like “Sooooo maybe Juliets is scum. Idk. It’s the best I’ve got” not “I am confident in my scumread of Juliets so I’m keeping all the townreads I have even though I just lost my shit over an incorrect townread.”

It doesn’t feel like an actual town mindset.

Supposing Nutella is scum with MP. MP comes charging in. Nutella gives out an easy townread and then pushes on one of the null quartet off flimsy shit. That may not be what we’re seeing but that scenario feels consistent with Nutella’s actions and mindset in a way her being town doesn’t.

Or she’s scum and MP isn’t and figures she isn’t getting the lynch, accepts her pocket and shifts elsewhere. Also not necessarily the case but consistent.
This is the most conficent nutella I've seen in years, imo.
An hour after losing her shit over Radishes getting daykilled, which should have killed her confidence. What restored it was a selection of like 2 Juliets posts and 2 Radishes posts.

It's fake.
It's not fake. I've tried to get this through your head a zillion times now. Yes, my confidence was shaken for a while yesterday. I felt so lost and frustrated with the game. And then I remembered that I hadn't been liking juliets in general, and I investigated, and found she was extremely compatible with MR, and that restored my confidence. Sometimes I feel really good about my reads when there's evidence, deal with it
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 11:16 am One thing that got to me is how easily she dropped her suspicion on me once I called her out on her mindmelding theory being wrong.
nutella wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:07 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 7:37 pm Nutella is kind of tricky to put a finger on.

At start, she felt like the genuine waffly ball I'm used to. But then she started going viscerally against me all day, in my town reads, scum reads and my own alignment. This risks clouding my perspective.

I think I can kind of udnerstand what is causing this, though. Nutella is one of the people in this site whose playstyle approaches mine the most. I think she was expecting to mindmeld with me, and in failing to do so, decided it's because I'm bad.

I think this is an unfair way to judge me though. Just because I play like nutella does doesn't mean I'll arrive at the same conclusions as she does. In fact, I recall the opposite happening way more often. Usually nutella is this waffly ball that is saying things I don't really agree with, even if I believe she believes in them.

Well, either that or she is bad and I let my empathy trick me into trusting her. Whatever.
This is fair. And I'm vibing slightly more with you now (there was one other post I liked) so you may move up in my estimation.
She was arguing on the basis of "DDL's playstyle is similar to mine so he should be trusting MR like I do!"

And I called BS on that, but at the same time, tried to reach out to nutella and use that to read has as a civ.

I feel like a civ nutella might kept pushing though, or at least reverted to her normal state of being on the fence. But a baddie nutella could have felt disarmed by my post, and would have backed down like she did here. It doesn't feel like she really believed in that mindmelding theory of hers.
I literally thought you meant this post the other way around until the last paragraph. I thought you were going to say that was a good look for me, lol. Backing down in the face of good reasoning and vibes is just what I do. I changed my mind on you. It wasn't a single moment that did it, but a gradual process.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 11:51 am I'm okay with lynching Nutella and an inactive but I'll be entirely unsurprised when the inactive flips town and we move right back to MP the next day.
But will you be surprised when I flip town? :rolleyes:
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:30 pm I mean I don’t particularly think they are, but being wrong on nutes isn’t gonna make me go “oh it must be Juliet then!”
Why not?? If it's not juliets, who the hell is it???

(I know you suspect speed but I don't see that at all. I'm so confident he's town. I know, I said the same thing about MR. But this is actually more substantial than that.)
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:32 pm Being wrong on nutes is likely to make me aim all the ammo onto MP though.
I suppose that's fair. I still think it's wrong.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

[mention]nutella[/mention] I don't think anything I can say about your case will cause you to change your mind. I will do it anyway since you actually asked with a "please" but I have to eat lunch first.

[mention]NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME[/mention] I will finish reading through nutella after I answer her and then give you a short version of what I think about her.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 109
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

M Plus 7 wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:01 pm I know I don't currently have much influence in this game for whatever reason, but regardless of the reasons on nutella, I... am not seeing it here. I just played that other game with her where she was scum, and perhaps it is recency bias combined with you all having a better handle on her scum range, but her ability to re-assess the way she does here is something she incredibly failed to fake in that baseball game. It reads like night and day.

Long Con, what do you think about this?
I dunno, most of the time I just take things at face value in the game they're in. I don't recall her level of ability to re-assess, and I don't really take that as a strong indicator of anything, because the organic flow of the game dictates that kind of thing more than a person's standard way of playing, or whatever.

nutella wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:38 pm

(I know you suspect speed but I don't see that at all. I'm so confident he's town. I know, I said the same thing about MR. But this is actually more substantial than that.)
Why would you being town have any bearing on my juliets read?

juliets wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:45 pm @nutella I don't think anything I can say about your case will cause you to change your mind. I will do it anyway since you actually asked with a "please" but I have to eat lunch first.

@NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME I will finish reading through nutella after I answer her and then give you a short version of what I think about her.
👍
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 2:10 pm
nutella wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:38 pm

Why would you being town have any bearing on my juliets read?
My point is POE. Your perceived probability that juliets is scum should go up when you see me flip town.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Ok [mention]nutella[/mention] I believe this is at least a part of your case:
nutella wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 11:40 pm
juliets wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:18 pm Sorting people into don't want to vote and could vote today. There is not an order within groups:

Won't vote:
nutella
Hyena
MP7
LC
speedchuck
Jack (not on his anniversary even though I don't have a read on him)
DDL
MR
Nanook

Could vote:
Dr. Wilgy
Poison Chan - but probably not because he hasn't been here at all
sig
Tony

I have to go fix and eat dinner but before I go I'm putting a vote on sig.
juliets wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:00 pm Ok I'm back and see that we've gone from a lot of little wagons to MR as the main wagon. What did he do or what came to light?
juliets wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:21 pm
Hyena wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:10 pm
juliets wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:00 pm Ok I'm back and see that we've gone from a lot of little wagons to MR as the main wagon. What did he do or what came to light?
I made a compromise. I didn't like how fast the Sig wagon grew, and although I suspect Nanook, I don't feel confident enough to vote him yet. I'd prefer a Tony lynch, but I can settle for MR given the current alternatives.
Thanks for explaining Hyena. I admit I'm torn on sig.
She pretended to be interested in why MR was getting votes but then didn't really acknowledge it afterward and instead focused on sig.

This was her only reaction to MR's sudden demise:
juliets wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 6:39 pm
nutella wrote: Wed Apr 22, 2020 6:38 pm But also wtf just happened
A day vig?
Hardly even looks surprised.

...Aaaaaand that's all we got fellas. I'm not impressed.

juliets has moved from being just the only active player I don't actively townread to being an active suspect based on MR interactions and/or lack thereof.

[VOTE: juliets] aubergine
Ok so the first post is me putting people into two groups: won't Lynch today and will lynch today. That was just me narrowing down to the group of people I would consider voting for. MR was not one of the people I wanted to vote for that day.

Secondly, I went away and came back and saw MR with those votes. You say I "pretend" to be interested. This is another instance of you alleging something in my head that's simply not true. I didn't pretend anything - I wanted to know what happened. You say I didn't acknowledge it but I did - I thanked hyena for giving me an answer but I didn't totally understand what he was saying yet because I hadn't read the interactions. I also mentioned I was torn about sig which I was - I didn't like what he had said but at the same time I'm aware we mislynch him too often on here.

Finally, my reaction to MR's demise, and to that I say "so what"? I was as shocked as everyone else seemed to be I just didn't put anything in the thread. Why does that make me bad? I was thinking it through and responded to your question with my first thought about how I thought it happened. Is the absence of "OH MY GOD HE WAS BAD" mean I am bad? This point seems silly, nutella like you are grasping for straws.

I think there's another half to your case so I will respond to it next.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

I said pretend because you gave no indication of being interested afterward. Yeah you thanked Hyena for answering but that was it. You said nothing about MR afterward and just voted for sig without giving any input on MR.

The reaction to his death is a smaller thing, it's not a major part of why I suspect you I just stuck it in there as a small point of interest.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”