Coronavirus Mafia [ENDGAME]

What's the craic?

Poll ended at Mon May 04, 2020 12:23 am

This is REAL wrestling: no gimmicks.
17%
Who are you again?: all players must open the day with an in character post.
No votes
Hey, that’s the other game!: everyone must post a post that rhymes for their vote to count. Or a haiku. Something poemy.
33%
All I want is some ice cream: after the phase, all players get ice cream. (hosts and dead peeps etc.)
50%

Total votes: 6
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 540
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Re: Coronavirus Mafia [Day 3]

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

So many typos jfc
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 195
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

Also the 20% won't include ISOs, links or anything with more than 2 quotes per post.
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 60

Post by DrWilgy »

juliets wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:36 am I just read through @DrWilgy and this seems to be the only post with a lot of meat on it and it was Day 1.
DrWilgy wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 3:32 pm Y'all talk too much lmao. Trying to catch up at the same time y'all threw another 10 pages at me.

DAY 1:
Effectively this is where I began my catch up.
M Plus 7 wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 3:41 pm @DrWilgy

I need you, friend. Let's generate some content. As soon as you get back in here, I want you to engage me specifically in your reads.
At a glace, I can't tell if I like Hyena or not. The play of 'watch them squirm and untangle the truth in the chaos' resonates with me, but ultimately comes from a selfish mindset. Not directly town or scum, but a selfish mindset does assist scum more.

Yo. Mr.Master Radishes is scum. The interactions with 112 was a super safe buddy.
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:23 pm Fuck it let’s kill nutella?
#BLESSED

Leanin baddie rn: Raddish, Hazelnut

Hyena wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 7:35 pm I feel like everyone's townreading me. I don't feel like I've received any pressure from anyone today. I wouldn't be surprised if I'm attacked tonight and am dead N2.
You still feel like this?

I very much dislike Jule's d1 list
nutella wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:48 pm
112 wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 9:34 pm There's probably scum in Jack/Wilgy. They're players who have posted but only leave blanks in my mind.
yeah
This is shady as hell Hazelnut

OH NO. OH FUCK. WE KILLED SIG POOR SIG. HE WILL BE MISSED... Now who wants to consume his corpse?

Day 1 read conclusions: MP good, TSP good, Nook good, Jules scares me, DDL's a cutiepatootie, and Mr Master Raddish and Hazelnut are bad.

NIGHT 1:
eh

DAY 2:

Now... Not really relating to day 2, but there's a wild world where if Mr Master Raddish isn't scum, then both Nutella and MP may be scum.

I'd like a general census on the feel of Hyena.

Also, at this point, I'm tired of catching up and have to get back to work. Someone directly engage with me as that'd likely put me in the game more effectively... Or make me into an easy mislynch to those dashing scummies who are both charming and brave enough to pull it off.

edit: Mother of Linki
He correctly nails MR as bad and incorrectly labels me and nutella as bad. He sees MP as good (true), TSP good and Nanook good. I am reading them good as well this morning. He is unsure about Hyena.

DrWilgy, in your post you print my list of sorting who I won't vote for and who I would lynch and say you very much don't like my list. Then you later say I scare you. I didn't notice these things when your post went up but can you tell me why you didn't like it and why I scared you? Also, who are you scum reading/likely to vote for today and why? There isn't a lot in your ISO to read you by.
Re the list:
Because at the time of reading, I had a slight civ lean on TSP, and the other two were nulls.

Your list was too easy to make. IMO. Felt that it was likelier from a perspective of one who had to sus someone out of necessity than someone hunting.

Hard to say right now. Trying to catch up. You and DDL have my current suspicion on mostly gut. Can't point to exactly why my gut swung that way and would like to review given the opportunity to. Something about you being right about nutella when few others were.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 430
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:34 pm Maybe I’m biased into thinking tony is town because I feel like I have a decent understanding of him game/a fairly few of the accusations against him remind me of stuff that gets levied at me sometimes, but like, I just don’t really see “he changed his mind and didn’t document it in excruciating detail in thread” as being particularly AI
I've been burned by this myself, as recently as that damn MU champs practice game. I feel like it's really hard to tell whether it's more likely a townie who didn't remember and/or explain their feelings fully versus scum with agenda that wasn't well thought out and/or fabricated.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Haha, TSP and I are good partners.
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Wilgy is the catching up is too big skip a bunch of it and get to the present. Catch up the rest later.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 452
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

I could absolutely see any of my four suspects flipping town.

I just don’t know.

If I’ve incorrectly townread someone in DDL, Speed, Nanook, Hyena, I have no idea who it is.

There’s just not enough here to make a good read on two of these players and the other two are a mixed bag.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:37 pm Wilgy is the catching up is too big skip a bunch of it and get to the present. Catch up the rest later.
Trying lol. DDL what's your stance. Outside of the obv easy vote?
Image Image Image
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Jack why do you townread speed
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

DrWilgy wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:39 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:37 pm Wilgy is the catching up is too big skip a bunch of it and get to the present. Catch up the rest later.
I literally don't suspect anyone and at least lynching you seemed like a safe-ish thing to do.

That might change in the next couple hours.

Could also lynch one of speed, juliets, Tony or MP I think, but not very convinced.

Nanook is literally impossible since I'm his partner and also I sort of trust him.

Hyena looks town as fuck.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 7:31 pm FYI if your tag teams don't vote together your vote doesn't count.
This works. Wanted to vote Jules with or without tsp..
Image Image Image
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Like at this point, I’m kinda leaning a vote for Juliets just in case Nutella gets it better than me/her D1 vote, a vote for Tony for everything surrounding the Vince claim and more of his MR interactions looking bad than good and just punting by voting Wilgy.

Or voting MP, Tony or Juliets for failing to solve in a situation where I am also failing to solve. 🙄
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:40 pm
I literally don't suspect anyone and at least lynching you seemed like a safe-ish thing to do.

Could also lynch one of speed, juliets, Tony or MP I think, but not very convinced.

Nanook is literally impossible since I'm his partner and also I sort of trust him.

Player Soup?
Image Image Image
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

It just dawned to me that lynching someone in the 3-man group is considerably harder since they get to cockblock 2 other people from voting.

That includes MP, speed and hyena.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:39 pm Jack why do you townread speed
Everything he’s said has seemed perfectly reasonable. Generally when we mindmeld, he’s at least not a wolf.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

DrWilgy wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:41 pm

Player Soup?
I forgot what that is
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 4:43 pm None of the POE has done anything today to make me not want to lynch them. :sigh:
As for me there, that's on me, I keep underestimating the time I'll get pulled away with work since I had to... sort of finagle my work schedule due to multigaming with that other game this week. I'll try my best to earn a spot out of there.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

I've realized I still enjoy the more social aspects of mafia but catching up on hundreds of posts is basically torture.

I think next time I'll play one of those games that have restriced post count.
DrWilgy

Re: Coronavirus Mafia [Night 2]

Post by DrWilgy »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 5:36 pm
M Plus 7 wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 5:32 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 8:34 am My POE is currently chuck/new MP/wilgy*

If there’s only one mafia in there and not both then I need to reconsider juliets and tony. I’m pretty much just accepting hyena as town, same with DDL (I honestly can’t remember why but I think I had a good reason, if I didn’t I’ll realize it later and correct accordingly, too tired to figure it out now). And jack, obviously. But we’ll cross the juliets/Tony bridge if/when we get there, basically not interested in them before the three I listed.

*a derp is enough to buy you a day, but it’s fairly easily faked if we’re being totally honest so it’s not enough to keep him out of POE after nutella flipped the wrong alignment.
Wait, why are you accepting Hyena as town?
Primarily him bargaining me over to radishes D1. It’s so much the opposite of his style when we played scum together last year, most players don’t change that drastically over the course of a year so I’m giving him a strong TR.
But should this be an argument for why Tony shouldn't vote Hyena?
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:42 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:41 pm

Player Soup?
I forgot what that is
unable to name someone as all players present blend together. There's no direct pull towards one aspect of the player list.
Image Image Image
Hyena
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 370
Preferred Pronouns: Any pronouns work!

Post by Hyena »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:34 pm Maybe I’m biased into thinking tony is town because I feel like I have a decent understanding of him game/a fairly few of the accusations against him remind me of stuff that gets levied at me sometimes, but like, I just don’t really see “he changed his mind and didn’t document it in excruciating detail in thread” as being particularly AI
It's not that. He's going with the crowd. If people hadn't started throwing my name out again as a suspect, I doubt Tony ever votes for me there. When he townread me, it was when most people were townreading me. When he was scumreading me the first time, it was only when Nutella voted me and started pushing me.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

speedchuck wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:00 pm I'd like it if everyone publicly stated vote crap as much as possible. If MP comes in, 'misses' the Mac post, and votes Wilgy 5 minutes before deadline, Imma be piiissed
I saw it, no worries, lol. I agree with you here.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Tony seems to be the person I've read the most convincing arguments both for and against voting today.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Hyena wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:30 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 6:42 pm
M Plus 7 wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 6:23 pm Hey Tony, what are your reads right now?
I’m willing to townclear Jack. I think I’ll have an opportunity to examine Wilgy today — I don’t think he should be cleared long term for his derp, but it’s worth something.
Nanook and Hyena are the typical townreads. I’m less sure on both of them. I thought Hyena was scum early, but they’ve contributed a fair amount. Nanook probably sorts himself pretty quickly— there are obvious places to start for any sort of analysis. Your slot is vague and I haven’t played with you before (unless you count your first day), so I’m basically now trying to get ahold of your day 1 meta. That leaves Speed and Juliets. I cannot read Juliets. Nutella was pretty certain she was scum, but that softened towards the end and there’s always a certain town energy here to not lynch the rival train from the day before. Speed is left— I don’t think he’s playing like he had previous times I’ve seen him as scum, but he seems to me both the most likely to be scum and the most likely to provide information in his defense.
This is my participation for today, but Ive constructed a light schedule for myself tomorrow so I should be around more.
What does typical even mean in that context? Can you clarify, Tony?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Can we just take a poll between the towncore of DDL, Hyena, Nanook and Jack of how many townread Juliets, Tony, Speed, Wilgy and MP?

I townread Speed. I’m not confident enough by a long shot to fight for or against the others.

M Plus 7 wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:37 pm
I've been burned by this myself, as recently as that damn MU champs practice game. I feel like it's really hard to tell whether it's more likely a townie who didn't remember and/or explain their feelings fully versus scum with agenda that wasn't well thought out and/or fabricated.
Yeah, I think “you didn’t justify it!” Isn’t particularly AI (I say this especially as someone that often doesn’t fully explain their reads).
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:42 pm It just dawned to me that lynching someone in the 3-man group is considerably harder since they get to cockblock 2 other people from voting.

All the more reason to give me until at least tomorrow to solve the shit out of this game. :slick:
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:48 pm Tony seems to be the person I've read the most convincing arguments both for and against voting today.
So much this.

Like if I don’t lynch him and he’s a wolf or if i do lynch him and he’s town, I’ll feel stupid because the answer is right in front of me.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Hyena wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:46 pm
It's not that. He's going with the crowd. If people hadn't started throwing my name out again as a suspect, I doubt Tony ever votes for me there. When he townread me, it was when most people were townreading me. When he was scumreading me the first time, it was only when Nutella voted me and started pushing me.
This is a good point, but it depends on how Tony plays as town perhaps too, right?
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Can someone break down an argument for TSP being mafia?
Image Image Image
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:49 pm Can we just take a poll between the towncore of DDL, Hyena, Nanook and Jack of how many townread Juliets, Tony, Speed, Wilgy and MP?

I townread Speed. I’m not confident enough by a long shot to fight for or against the others.
OH SHIT, we should do GTH reads!
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Who wants to participate in that?

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:44 pm I've realized I still enjoy the more social aspects of mafia but catching up on hundreds of posts is basically torture.

I think next time I'll play one of those games that have restriced post count.
Keep an eye out for Ziggy Stardust Mafia, coming soon to a racket near you.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

M Plus 7 wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:51 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:42 pm It just dawned to me that lynching someone in the 3-man group is considerably harder since they get to cockblock 2 other people from voting.

All the more reason to give me until at least tomorrow to solve the shit out of this game. :slick:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:53 pm
M Plus 7 wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:51 pm

:haha:

Re: Coronavirus Mafia [Night 2]

DrWilgy wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:45 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 5:36 pm
M Plus 7 wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 5:32 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sat Apr 25, 2020 8:34 am My POE is currently chuck/new MP/wilgy*

If there’s only one mafia in there and not both then I need to reconsider juliets and tony. I’m pretty much just accepting hyena as town, same with DDL (I honestly can’t remember why but I think I had a good reason, if I didn’t I’ll realize it later and correct accordingly, too tired to figure it out now). And jack, obviously. But we’ll cross the juliets/Tony bridge if/when we get there, basically not interested in them before the three I listed.

*a derp is enough to buy you a day, but it’s fairly easily faked if we’re being totally honest so it’s not enough to keep him out of POE after nutella flipped the wrong alignment.
Wait, why are you accepting Hyena as town?
Primarily him bargaining me over to radishes D1. It’s so much the opposite of his style when we played scum together last year, most players don’t change that drastically over the course of a year so I’m giving him a strong TR.
But should this be an argument for why Tony shouldn't vote Hyena?
It’s an argument for why nobody should vote hyena imo
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

I’m kinda coming around to a town Wilgy.

Idk what I expect him to be doing as a wolf in this scenario if not fake derping.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Seriously, I'm going to start GTH reads if there's enough people around and willing. I'll just state a couple names at a time, and then you tell me either town or scum.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:49 pm townread Juliets, Tony, Speed, Wilgy and MP?
Zero.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

GTH might be better provided we can ban neutral
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:55 pm GTH might be better provided we can ban neutral
Yes, preferably no neutral.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Here are the first two:

Dragon D. Luffy

DrWilgy
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Yeah, let’s play GTH.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

M Plus 7 wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:56 pm Here are the first two:

Dragon D. Luffy

DrWilgy
town

scum
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:49 pm Can we just take a poll between the towncore of DDL, Hyena, Nanook and Jack of how many townread Juliets, Tony, Speed, Wilgy and MP?

I only strongly townread Speed, too, hence why I was trying to keep him from getting lynched earlier. I kinda townread Juliets, too, but nowhere as strongly as I do Speed.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Dragon D. Luffy

DrWilgy
Town

(Sigh) Town
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Dragon D. Luffy

DrWilgy
Town

(Sigh) Town
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

Dragon D. Luffy

DrWilgy
Town
Scum
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Dragon D. Luffy

DrWilgy
town
town
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Yes I'm voting WIlgy will cross that bridge later.

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”