Coronavirus Mafia [ENDGAME]

What's the craic?

Poll ended at Mon May 04, 2020 12:23 am

This is REAL wrestling: no gimmicks.
17%
Who are you again?: all players must open the day with an in character post.
No votes
Hey, that’s the other game!: everyone must post a post that rhymes for their vote to count. Or a haiku. Something poemy.
33%
All I want is some ice cream: after the phase, all players get ice cream. (hosts and dead peeps etc.)
50%

Total votes: 6
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 243
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Re: Coronavirus Mafia [Day 4]

Post by juliets »

speedchuck wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:16 am Hopefully there's only one mafia left, which kinda makes your ability useless Jules. :P
You're right. I didn't think about that but hopefully that is true.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

speedchuck wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:18 am I'm Joe Diffie, may he rest in peace.

If I get nightkilled by the mafia I get to post as a stump for the next day, but only in country music lyrics.
This is believable to me. I would really like to see everyone else claim their character. It's not me and if it's not speedchuck, who is it?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 540
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

I’m not really convinced claims matter tbh
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:34 am I’m not really convinced claims matter tbh
I'm not convinced either but the mafia characters seem very different from the civ characters. I know the mafia can lie about their claim unless they got a safe claim but lies can undo you. I guess what I'm thinking is I don't see that it would hurt and it might help. Maybe I'm wrong though.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown
Posts in topic: 366

Post by speedchuck »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:31 am Locktown: DDL (Wilgy was here btw)
Probably just lose if they're scum: Tony, Nanook
Geez, I don't think these players are scum: Hyena, Speed
Boy howdy, I have more reasons to think she's town than not: Juliets

So literally nobody who isn't green. I'm just gonna finish my MP iso and then idk iso the bottom three looking for something awful sounding I missed live.

Linki: No. We're lynching the most suspicious player. We're not giving up a lynch to remechanically confirm me.
Why was wilgy lock town?
SIGNATURE:
Speedchuck wins the "Jack Torrance Has Always Been The Caretaker" award.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Also we are at a more confusing state in this game than we have been for two days and the thread just died.

Why?

If it's because everyone has a narrow POE or just figures they somehow know who the god-tier last scum is then please say so.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Yes, agree with speedchuck. Shouldn't we be interacting, discussing possibilities, etc.? If you have a narrow POE, discuss, compare, contrast, consider ISO's. A dead thread is a wolf's domain.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Hyena
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 370
Preferred Pronouns: Any pronouns work!

Post by Hyena »

Hi, I'm here!
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

Nanook, have you claimed yet? I don't remember if you have or not.
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:18 am The two person POE seems ... fine? here. The final three would then probably be me, Nanook, Hyena.
This makes me want to lynch you or confirm you with my ability even more.
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

Hyena wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:43 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:18 am The two person POE seems ... fine? here. The final three would then probably be me, Nanook, Hyena.
This makes me want to lynch you or confirm you with my ability even more.
I will say though if I do end up in this final three, I'm probably always voting for Nanook. :P
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Hi [mention]Hyena[/mention]! I'm interested in what you are thinking today.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

juliets wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:46 pm Hi @Hyena! I'm interested in what you are thinking today.
I'm frustrated. People agree that we're in a confusing game state and that everybody looks town. I have a way to mechanically hard clear not one, but TWO people right now (Jack and Tony), yet no one wants to go that route. If no one wants to go that route, then why aren't you guys just clearing them as lock town then?
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

Also, at the moment, Jack has me in the bottom three of his PoE, which suggests that I could be lynched at some point in the game. If this is the case, it's EV+ to make this lynch on me now while my ability is still useful.

I'm just tired of hearing people saying everyone looks towny but not clearing anyone, especially when I can clear people right now.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

I'm personally believing speed's claim because he gave hints of it a long time ago before we knew anything about the roles. So, I'm trying to see where I might have erred digging into the others. I haven't looked at Nanook yet because I've read him as town the whole game but maybe I should do so.

linki [mention]Hyena[/mention] at this point I think if we can hard clear people we should but the big downside of that is we lose you and I'm as positive as I can be that you're town.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Oh somehow I didn't realize you were in the bottom of his POE.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

And then I'm worried that maybe I've been wrong all along and that we actually have two more mafia in play, in which case, we only have one more mislynch before LYLO.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Hyena wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:50 pm
juliets wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:46 pm Hi Hyena! I'm interested in what you are thinking today.
I'm frustrated. People agree that we're in a confusing game state and that everybody looks town. I have a way to mechanically hard clear not one, but TWO people right now (Jack and Tony), yet no one wants to go that route. If no one wants to go that route, then why aren't you guys just clearing them as lock town then?
One of them is basically lock town, and that's Jack. If we want to confirm tony, we'll just lynch him. Same cost, but we won't waste a day lynching you that way.

I don't think anyone seriously suspects Jack. If we should, I'm all ears.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

speedchuck wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:54 pm
juliets wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:46 pm Hi Hyena! I'm interested in what you are thinking today.
One of them is basically lock town, and that's Jack. If we want to confirm tony, we'll just lynch him. Same cost, but we won't waste a day lynching you that way.

Why didn't Jack die last night? If he survives another night, are we going to continue to let him live?
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

juliets wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:53 pm I'm personally believing speed's claim because he gave hints of it a long time ago before we knew anything about the roles. So, I'm trying to see where I might have erred digging into the others. I haven't looked at Nanook yet because I've read him as town the whole game but maybe I should do so.

linki @Hyena at this point I think if we can hard clear people we should but the big downside of that is we lose you and I'm as positive as I can be that you're town.
I'm not even evaluating Speed's claim, because I feel like he's been clear town since D1. I haven't liked any of the pushes he's received from Nanook, which is just one reason why I can't get my head around to townreading him.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Hyena wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:56 pm

Why didn't Jack die last night? If he survives another night, are we going to continue to let him live?
I don't know. Wilgy dying makes no sense even without Jack here.

And probably? He literally just killed MP for no reason, in addition to his claim.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Re: Coronavirus Mafia [Day 3]

Post by speedchuck »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:58 pm It’d be hilarious if I voted Juliets but I kinda think it’s Nanook and MP.

Or Juliets and Nanook or MP. :biggrin:
[mention]Jackofhearts2005[/mention] Speak to this 'Nanook and MP' thing. I've not seen any indication in your posts as to why nanook would be here.

Ignore that nanook participated in the MP lynch for a moment. What did you mean here?
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

Nanook, your push on Poison D1 reminds me of the votes you made on our partners abraker and Juri in Champs where you made them early enough in the day that they'd likely get deflated by the time EoD rolled around.

(for reference: https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/th ... ost3283034 )
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

In my tinfoil brain I told Jack I wondered if he and MR had cooked up MR claiming his ability to town clear them both. I just don't see why MR claimed his ability otherwise. Had he not been vigged we would have thought that the mafia would kill him at night because of his power so when he didn't die night after night wouldn't we have suspected him? It's possible I just missed some important cog in the wheel that made the whole thing make sense. Like I said, it's tinfoil.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 452
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

juliets wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:46 pm Hi @Hyena! I'm interested in what you are thinking today.
Lol what if I am?
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Hyena wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:54 pm And then I'm worried that maybe I've been wrong all along and that we actually have two more mafia in play, in which case, we only have one more mislynch before LYLO.
We’re not in a two scum world or else scum could basically negate all the votes yesterday.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Hyena wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:56 pm

Dunno.

And yuuuuuup.
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:22 pm
Hyena wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:54 pm And then I'm worried that maybe I've been wrong all along and that we actually have two more mafia in play, in which case, we only have one more mislynch before LYLO.
We’re not in a two scum world or else scum could basically negate all the votes yesterday.
... This is a good point actually. Okay, I feel a little better now already.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

speedchuck wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:02 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:58 pm It’d be hilarious if I voted Juliets but I kinda think it’s Nanook and MP.

Jack Speak to this 'Nanook and MP' thing. I've not seen any indication in your posts as to why nanook would be here.

Ignore that nanook participated in the MP lynch for a moment. What did you mean here?
Idk. There’s been some gut feelings all around that Nanook could be bad. Nanook was outside of MP’s POE. Iirc, Nanook had MP gth town. Nanook has been defending Juliets and going after you. He’s also very eager to get cred for MP’s lynch. He called attention to his earlier suggestion to lynch absent players and said something like “in before Jack says I didn’t cause MP to be lynched.”

That all said, he’s felt really town today. DDL really trusts him and I really trust DDL.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

juliets wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:19 pm In my tinfoil brain I told Jack I wondered if he and MR had cooked up MR claiming his ability to town clear them both. I just don't see why MR claimed his ability otherwise. Had he not been vigged we would have thought that the mafia would kill him at night because of his power so when he didn't die night after night wouldn't we have suspected him? It's possible I just missed some important cog in the wheel that made the whole thing make sense. Like I said, it's tinfoil.
I hate to encourage this kinda thing but there are two worlds here.

Juliets the townie is legit surprised at my continued existence, especially with Inception in mind.

Juliets the wolf who is near universally suspected is trying to plant seeds of doubt on Jack who happens to be a universal townread, near mechanically confirmed and unlynchable on days of the week that end with a y. I can’t see scum Juliets thinking she pulls that off very often. If she’s bad, she needs three mislynches. Maybe she doesn’t shoot me if she thinks I’m pocketed and tries to mislynch me in lylo. I just don’t feel like she think antagonizing one of her strongest supporters to make him look a little worse when leaving me alive again twice will do a lot more without letting any blame call on her.

Is that silly? I feel like this is a town Juliets.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:30 pm

Jack Speak to this 'Nanook and MP' thing. I've not seen any indication in your posts as to why nanook would be here.

Idk. There’s been some gut feelings all around that Nanook could be bad. Nanook was outside of MP’s POE. Iirc, Nanook had MP gth town. Nanook has been defending Juliets and going after you. He’s also very eager to get cred for MP’s lynch. He called attention to his earlier suggestion to lynch absent players and said something like “in before Jack says I didn’t cause MP to be lynched.”

That all said, he’s felt really town today. DDL really trusts him and I really trust DDL.
I'm surprised you said he felt town today. All he's done is piss on questions people are asking, saying it's unproductive.

And yeah, DDL has chat info about the way nanook turned on MP at the end. That would have to be a bus.

I'm just trying to get some idea of where you guys are going to go once you lynch me and Juliets, assuming she doesn't end it.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:39 pm
juliets wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:19 pm In my tinfoil brain I told Jack I wondered if he and MR had cooked up MR claiming his ability to town clear them both. I just don't see why MR claimed his ability otherwise. Had he not been vigged we would have thought that the mafia would kill him at night because of his power so when he didn't die night after night wouldn't we have suspected him? It's possible I just missed some important cog in the wheel that made the whole thing make sense. Like I said, it's tinfoil.
I hate to encourage this kinda thing but there are two worlds here.

Juliets the townie is legit surprised at my continued existence, especially with Inception in mind.

Juliets the wolf who is near universally suspected is trying to plant seeds of doubt on Jack who happens to be a universal townread, near mechanically confirmed and unlynchable on days of the week that end with a y. I can’t see scum Juliets thinking she pulls that off very often. If she’s bad, she needs three mislynches. Maybe she doesn’t shoot me if she thinks I’m pocketed and tries to mislynch me in lylo. I just don’t feel like she thinks antagonizing one of her strongest supporters to make him look a little worse is a good idea when there are easier mislynches and when leaving me alive again twice will do a lot more to make me look bad without letting any blame fall on her.

Is that silly? I feel like this is a town Juliets.
EBWOP

Hyena wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 3:30 pm Nanook, have you claimed yet? I don't remember if you have or not.
Nope
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Because SOMEONE is hard-bussing in this game, somewhere.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Let’s play GTH again.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

I don't even know how GTH is going to work right now.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

Hyena wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:14 pm Nanook, your push on Poison D1 reminds me of the votes you made on our partners abraker and Juri in Champs where you made them early enough in the day that they'd likely get deflated by the time EoD rolled around.

I also just murderered the fuck out of that slot yesterday, so. I guess that’s not convenient for you tho.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:46 pm
Hyena wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:14 pm Nanook, your push on Poison D1 reminds me of the votes you made on our partners abraker and Juri in Champs where you made them early enough in the day that they'd likely get deflated by the time EoD rolled around.

I also just murderered the fuck out of that slot yesterday, so. I guess that’s not convenient for you tho.
Ooh, is this a suspicion of Hyena?
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage

I didn’t do GTH, but I wouldn’t have had him town, lol

speedchuck wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:46 pm

It’s a comment on his tunnel, not his alignment. Hyena remains second tier of interest for me.
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 11:27 pm
M Plus 7 wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:50 pm Updated chart for Wilgy and Tony's GTH reads:

Juliets, Wilgy and Tony are all town. I’m 98% sure of it.
Hmmm okay nm. Nanook never did the gth.

speedchuck wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:42 pm

I'm surprised you said he felt town today. All he's done is piss on questions people are asking, saying it's unproductive.

And yeah, DDL has chat info about the way nanook turned on MP at the end. That would have to be a bus.

I'm just trying to get some idea of where you guys are going to go once you lynch me and Juliets, assuming she doesn't end it.
Were the questions productive? If they were, defend them as such. If they weren’t, I have the right to piss on them.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:50 pm

Were the questions productive? If they were, defend them as such. If they weren’t, I have the right to piss on them.
Claims? Checking to see if Jack was roleblocked? More information is never bad.

Stifling discussion is almost always bad.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:48 pm
speedchuck wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:46 pm

It’s a comment on his tunnel, not his alignment. Hyena remains second tier of interest for me.
Every 'scumread' in this game has inconveniences. Because whoever the last scum is has played well.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

[mention]speedchuck[/mention] let’s say you magically got to decide the lynch order but you had to do it right now.

Go.
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:57 pm @speedchuck let’s say you magically got to decide the lynch order but you had to do it right now.

Go.
Juliets, Nanook, Tony.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
speedchuck
Knight of No Renown

Post by speedchuck »

For the record that didn't take me 3 minutes. I had another tab open.
SIGNATURE:
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny

speedchuck wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 5:00 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:57 pm @speedchuck let’s say you magically got to decide the lynch order but you had to do it right now.

Go.
Juliets, Nanook, Tony.
Sell me on scum Juliets.

Tbh I don’t know how to process hyena right now. Him pushing me feels like an attempt to widen the POE, but idk how that jives with him also saying chuck is clear.

(It took me like 40 minutes to find a charger to post this, jfc. I’ll be back tonight. Will catch up then.)

speedchuck wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:51 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 4:50 pm

Claims? Checking to see if Jack was roleblocked? More information is never bad.

Stifling discussion is almost always bad.
I’d disagree, but then you’d SR me again for playing differently than you.

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”