Total votes: 12
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 684
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Re: Escape From Trump Tower [DAY 2]

Post by Tangrowth »

Sloonei wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:32 pm Funnygurl’s vote is still a thing that needs to be addressed (mostly by funnygurl herself), but I hesitate to call it a bad look. I don’t think she intended for there to be a tie, as her embarrassed reaction suggests. I also think that sort of loose vote handling late in the day is more typical of a civilian player in general; mafia members are more stiff about where they place their votes and aren’t as likely to just fling them around like that.

And if she’s bad, the only way for her vote change to make sense (from wilgy to me), other than a straight WIFOM argument, is if wilgy is her partner. But pre-flip associative reads are a cardinal sin.

Having said all of that, I have no clear idea why she abruptly decided I deserved to be lynched.
I'm pretty much with you there completely.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

MacDougall wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:33 pm
M Plus 7 wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:54 pm
M Plus 7 wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 3:51 pm
112 wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:10 pm should we just thunderdome sloonei and the doc or is infolynching bad?
Can we burn 112 for this post please?

[VOTE: 112] aubergine
@MacDougall, what do you feel about this?
I can see the sense in it. Why are you so irate at it?
Because what if Sloonei and Wilgy are both town? Info lynching is awful.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 170

Post by MacDougall »

Sloonei wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:41 pm
MacDougall wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:39 pm I think 112 is town with at least one mafia voting there right now.
Why?
I think 112 is town because I read their posts and find them townie. The post that MP quoted that made him want to burn 112 was also just a random vulnerable thought made manifest that MP jumped on. I dunno what's happened since then but if that's why she has three votes then y'all wagon is bad. I think there is a HIGH af likelihood of one of MP/TSP being maphier.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

MacDougall wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:37 pm So I am gonna angle shoot and say that Juliets subbed out because she randed mafia and hates it and we should probably lynch Sprityo because of that.
Let's refrain from angleshooting.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

MacDougall wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:40 pm I think we are looking at the mafia version of M Plus 7 here personally. I can sense the mania of mafia MP in his play.

Sloonei you are voting with TSP. Last time I checked you were voting ON TSP. Do you care about that at all?
Elaborate on that please.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

M Plus 7 wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:43 pm
112 wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:10 pm should we just thunderdome sloonei and the doc or is infolynching bad?

What other reasons do you have to be voting for 112 right now?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Re: Escape From Trump Tower [NIGHT 0]

Post by Tangrowth »

MacDougall wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:42 pm
Sloonei wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 10:09 pm This game will be the best game in the history of mafia. People keep saying to me, "Escape From Trump Tower" is the best game.
I am not reading Sloonei's ISO and locking him town off this.

Wilgy is mafia btw.
Why? I would love for that to be true because it would mean I was right, but I'm also trying to take a step back and realize he could mean what he's saying. His reaction to getting wagoned seemed legit to me.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

MacDougall wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:44 pm
MacDougall wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:39 pm I think 112 is town with at least one mafia voting there right now.
Why?
I think 112 is town because I read their posts and find them townie. The post that MP quoted that made him want to burn 112 was also just a random vulnerable thought made manifest that MP jumped on. I dunno what's happened since then but if that's why she has three votes then y'all wagon is bad. I think there is a HIGH af likelihood of one of MP/TSP being maphier.
I jumped on it because it bothered me, how is that not clear?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

MacDougall wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:45 pm
M Plus 7 wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:43 pm

What other reasons do you have to be voting for 112 right now?
Gut reasons. I think her reads may be fabricated. I think her treatment of Scirrus in particular is suspect, no mention of him being in towncore, then all of a sudden he's in towncore today, even though nearly all of his posts are yesterday?

I at least need to be able to get inside her head more to make a clear determination, hence why it's a slight scum read, but yeah, I don't find the progression sensible.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

M Plus 7 wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:44 pm
MacDougall wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:40 pm I think we are looking at the mafia version of M Plus 7 here personally. I can sense the mania of mafia MP in his play.

Sloonei you are voting with TSP. Last time I checked you were voting ON TSP. Do you care about that at all?
Elaborate on that please.
The thing about sensing things in people is that you can't elaborate on them. I can put it into other words for you though.

I have come to consider voluminous content as a hallmark of MP's play regardless of alignment. The differentiator to me isn't the volume it's whether MP has moments of mania, or perhaps a better word would be stressposting. I feel like you stresspost less when you are town. I feel like when you are town you are much more stoic. I have seen you stressposting in this game more than I can consider justifiable.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 178
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

Why?
I didn’t realize tony was also on 112. I thought it was just MP and I and hardly considered that to be a wagon, especially this early in the day. Meh. I agree with MP’s take on the “thunderdome” post, but I’ll grant that she was not making an outright recommendation we follow that course. Day 2 is not Day 1, do we should not bind ourselves to what happened then.

In answer to your other question: I give no shits at all if I am voting alongside a player I had previously voted for, especially at this stage in the game.
My banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Mac I’m stress posting because I have no information in this game so I genuinely don’t know what the fuck is going on. I’m also multi gaming and teaching multiple 5 week summer courses over the internet. I would rather not discuss out of game reasons but those are certainly influencing me here so I felt compelled to say them.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

ebwop: so we should not bind ourselves...
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Not to mention *gestures at everything happening nationally right now* and yes I am stressed.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

M Plus 7 wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:46 pm
Why?
I jumped on it because it bothered me, how is that not clear?
What part of my post made it seem like that was unclear to me? I would suggest that the post was disproportionate to the level of "bother" that justifies you voting there and two other players following your vote including one who was actually voting on the other. I don't think 112 is a good lynch. I have played more with 112 than anyone here. You should just go with it.

I think you should ISO TSP and tell me if you're still comfortable voting alongside him.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I do not have any reason to to suspect MP at this time.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

M Plus 7 wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:51 pm Not to mention *gestures at everything happening nationally right now* and yes I am stressed.
This is going to be an all time post if you flip Mafia.

"Remember that time that MP ..."
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Sloonei wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:52 pm I do not have any reason to to suspect MP at this time.
Naww Sloonei reverted to his usual self when Mac started Maccing. I like this. You can be town.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I will take your opinion on 112 for whatever it’s worth as I have never played with her except day 1 in that corona game. TSP is one of my lowest reads so I would be happy to vote there.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

MacDougall wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:52 pm
M Plus 7 wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:51 pm Not to mention *gestures at everything happening nationally right now* and yes I am stressed.
This is going to be an all time post if you flip Mafia.

"Remember that time that MP ..."
You're the one that brought up stress as a reason to read me here, but I won't say anything more. OGI reasons. Stress is a non issue. I can feel stressed as either alignment and still be playing a game.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

MacDougall wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:52 pm
Sloonei wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:52 pm I do not have any reason to to suspect MP at this time.
Naww Sloonei reverted to his usual self when Mac started Maccing. I like this. You can be town.
Sloonbot activated
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Macbot masticated
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Sloonei wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:49 pm
Why?
I didn’t realize tony was also on 112. I thought it was just MP and I and hardly considered that to be a wagon, especially this early in the day. Meh. I agree with MP’s take on the “thunderdome” post, but I’ll grant that she was not making an outright recommendation we follow that course. Day 2 is not Day 1, do we should not bind ourselves to what happened then.

In answer to your other question: I give no shits at all if I am voting alongside a player I had previously voted for, especially at this stage in the game.
We can unpack that post more if you want. I think it's fair to think that there is a high likelihood of one of you or Wilgy being Mafia based purely on wagonomics. So the idea of going back to that well is fair from that perspective. Particularly if you don't have a preference between the two. I personally would just like to lynch Wilgy today because I think he is mafia. I actually think 112 suspects Wilgy and framed a return to that well in a way that she thought would be agreeable to people but in actuality has triggered MP and Sloobot.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

MacDougall wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:55 pm
Why?

We can unpack that post more if you want. I think it's fair to think that there is a high likelihood of one of you or Wilgy being Mafia based purely on wagonomics. So the idea of going back to that well is fair from that perspective. Particularly if you don't have a preference between the two. I personally would just like to lynch Wilgy today because I think he is mafia. I actually think 112 suspects Wilgy and framed a return to that well in a way that she thought would be agreeable to people but in actuality has triggered MP and Sloobot.
Can you expand on the wagonomics bit? Why can't it be v/v?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I still think Wilgy's initial handling of Sloonei was suspect AF by the way, that was equivocating if I've ever seen it. It was all the stuff with handling me and his AtE posting during that EoD plus how easily the wagon formed that sketched me the fuck out.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I was going to ask the same question mp asked. So please answer it twice, mac.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

M Plus 7 wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:56 pm
Why?

It can be, I just think that it is more likely to have just ended in a lynch if it was v/v. To end exactly in a tie indicates that there were votes that occurred to create that outcome as opposed to the random chaos that would occur in a v/v lynch which would usually just end in someone getting lynched. If a v/v lynch ends in a tie it benefits town also, so Mafia would not want that as much as village would. It would be a failing on all parties. I don't get the impression that when 100% of the game would benefit from a lynch it would not occur.

It's also possible that the tie was created because it was a w/w lynch and it was the only way they could prevent a wolf lynch entirely tbh. Unlikely but worthy of thought.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

MacDougall wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:02 pm
M Plus 7 wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:56 pm
Why?

It can be, I just think that it is more likely to have just ended in a lynch if it was v/v. To end exactly in a tie indicates that there were votes that occurred to create that outcome as opposed to the random chaos that would occur in a v/v lynch which would usually just end in someone getting lynched. If a v/v lynch ends in a tie it benefits town also, so Mafia would not want that as much as village would. It would be a failing on all parties. I don't get the impression that when 100% of the game would benefit from a lynch it would not occur.

It's also possible that the tie was created because it was a w/w lynch and it was the only way they could prevent a wolf lynch entirely tbh. Unlikely but worthy of thought.
That makes sense, I hadn't thought about it that way. Thanks, Mac.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

A reason I was asking people about Wilgy's play in Corrupt too (didn't you play this, [mention]MacDougall[/mention]?) is because I was trying to get a sense of if there was a comparison to the way he was playing here, and I don't really feel like I ever got input there.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

[VOTE: SCIRRUS] aubergine

Actually let's feel this out for now. I need more people to talk about this person.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

M Plus 7 wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:04 pm A reason I was asking people about Wilgy's play in Corrupt too (didn't you play this, @MacDougall?) is because I was trying to get a sense of if there was a comparison to the way he was playing here, and I don't really feel like I ever got input there.
I haven't analysed him closely enough but Wilgy does seem to have a meta of "posts slightly more when Mafia".
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I want to look at this Jack kill a bit more. It doesn't make a load of sense to me. Like it almost feels more likely to be a vig shot than a mafia kill.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I just read his iso and he really did nothing. He pushed Sloonei quite mildly but said he wanted to switch off to Wilgy at EOD and missed the deadline so I can't imagine he's shot for being on Sloonei's ass. He also pushed LC a bit, I can see a team where LC is a senior member maybe fear killing Jack.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

M Plus 7 wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:05 pm [VOTE: SCIRRUS] aubergine

Actually let's feel this out for now. I need more people to talk about this person.
Dude I asked you to ISO TSP. Why you go to Scirrus instead of doing that?
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 111
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Re: Escape From Trump Tower [DAY 1]

Post by Long Con »

I felt like I had seen MP bring up his level of post content

M Plus 7 wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:30 pm
Long Con wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:29 pm
Sloonei wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:28 pm
Long Con wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:26 pm
Sloonei wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:26 pm
Long Con wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:25 pm Ok, things are still fluid. MP vote anyone? [VOTE: MP] aubergine
I believe I already asked why on earth I would do this and I never got an answer.
It would be because you suspect him.
So why would A Player in Escape From Trump Tower suspect M Plus 7 on Day 1 of this game?
I can only speak for myself. I suspect him because of the couple of little suspect anomalies I indicated earlier in my posts. I don't have a case for you.
Dude I've posted nearly 200 times, if you get pinged only like twice, that's only 1% of my content
M Plus 7 wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:27 pm
Long Con wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:26 pm
M Plus 7 wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:25 pm
Long Con wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:25 pm Ok, things are still fluid. MP vote anyone? [VOTE: MP] aubergine
seriously what are you even doing my man, how the fuck could I post all this shit as wolf?
Don't you do this every game?
Do what? How could I force this exact tone and content?
...so I went and did a little research. I found this in Coronavirus Mafia:
M Plus 7 wrote: Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:32 am To those of you still considering voting me, may I offer one other consideration.

I'm not even playing at anywhere remotely near 100% of my capacity, and I have almost 300 posts halfway-ish through Day 2. If that doesn't also suggest I'm town, then *shrug*.
... here, a Mafia M Plus 7 puts out a very similar-sounding reason to be viewed as town. "I can't generate this amount of content when I'm a wolf" kind of stuff.

I also pored through Ancient Greece Mafia, where MP and I were both town, and at each others' throats, and I could not find a reference by MP that used amount of thread content as a reason to Civ-read him.

This is a Mafia M Plus 7 defense, and I just provided evidence. MP, if you want to find another game where you bring it up as a Civ, I'll drop this angle. I couldn't find it, but I didn't search EVERY game on the site.

[VOTE: M Plus 7] aubergine
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Forget what I said about TSP. That boy is town.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Re: Escape From Trump Tower [DAY 1]

Post by MacDougall »

DrWilgy wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:28 pm Hello all. My name is DrWilgy and I AM YOUR FATHER.

Pleasure to meat you ;)
I don't want to be that guy. But this off brand opening post means Wilgy is mafia.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

LC that wasn’t when I was scum. Facepalm.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

[VOTE: Dr. Wilgy] aubergine
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

M Plus 7 wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:17 pm LC that wasn’t when I was scum. Facepalm.
Whoops, really I might have got mixed up between games there. Then I mean the opposite of what I said, I was looking for whether it was evidence you are Civ or that you are bad.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

[mention]TonyStarkPrime[/mention] [mention]NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME[/mention] I see that you have issues with the juliets/sprityo slot. I also have issue. Can you extrapolate on why you have issue?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

No, I just looked again, you were bad in coronavirus Mafia, when you use that defense.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

LC, I died as town on D2. That was from D2.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Unless the title of the thread is wrong, then my apologies, but I thought I said that when I was town

This why subbing back into a game is such a weird thing
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Long Con wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:18 pm
M Plus 7 wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:17 pm LC that wasn’t when I was scum. Facepalm.
Whoops, really I might have got mixed up between games there. Then I mean the opposite of what I said, I was looking for whether it was evidence you are Civ or that you are bad.
You absolutely will find evidence of him doing it as mafia if you dig deeper. It's NAI for him. He posts lots and both alignments and he said "gee I couldn't do this as mafia" as both alignments.

It's kind of weird how much meta I have on MP.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I can't ISO anyone right now, Mac, sorry. I'm failing at multitasking as it is. I'm just trying to stick around a bit longer to respond to you all and start things. I'm trying to broaden the lines of discussion.

My next priority when I'm not multitasking hard is to ISO TSP, juliets/sprityo, Wilgy, and Scirrus at a minimum. I'd like to peek at 112 too and see if I'm just being overly tinfoily or something.

Why did you change your mind on TSP? Actually you don't have to answer if you don't want I'll ISO him later anyway.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

You know what, fine, I'll join a Wilgy wagon, but I still want to talk about Scirrus at some point.

[VOTE: DrWilgy] aubergine
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

M Plus 7 wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:21 pm I can't ISO anyone right now, Mac, sorry. I'm failing at multitasking as it is. I'm just trying to stick around a bit longer to respond to you all and start things. I'm trying to broaden the lines of discussion.

My next priority when I'm not multitasking hard is to ISO TSP, juliets/sprityo, Wilgy, and Scirrus at a minimum. I'd like to peek at 112 too and see if I'm just being overly tinfoily or something.

Why did you change your mind on TSP? Actually you don't have to answer if you don't want I'll ISO him later anyway.
At first glance of his ISO I thought that it was thin but when I read the posts it all just seems on point. Thin but relevant observations. Also tunneling juliets on day 1 isn't something I tend to see Mafia do much.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

M Plus 7 wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:20 pm Unless the title of the thread is wrong, then my apologies, but I thought I said that when I was town

This why subbing back into a game is such a weird thing
Damn, you were both good and bad in that game, I saw the bad one and didn't notice the good one. Damn subbing.

Mac, Show me the evidence if you think that's true, I just spent a while looking for it and that's the only one I found.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

MacDougall wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:21 pm
Long Con wrote: Fri Jun 05, 2020 5:18 pm
You absolutely will find evidence of him doing it as mafia if you dig deeper. It's NAI for him. He posts lots and both alignments and he said "gee I couldn't do this as mafia" as both alignments.

It's kind of weird how much meta I have on MP.
I honestly probably can't keep track of all of that stuff, so maybe my meta self-assessment is way off. I just have a perception of what I can or can't do as scum that I think is accurate, but what do I know. The rand gods keep giving me town roles ever since my return, except for that Corona sub-in but that wasn't randed to me, so *shrug*.

Return to “Previous Heists”