Long Con
No votes

Total votes: 4
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 45

Re: Ziggy Stardust Mafia

Post by MacDougall »

DS. wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:19 pm Dropping where I am at before I run out posts
Town
Dusk
Dunya
Jiwon
Nutella

Null to scum
Tony
Jack
LC

Poe:
Leetic
Mac
Epi
Epignosis wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:03 pm DS - Not lynching today (I don't lynch new people Day 1)
And yet you're on me day 1 🤔
Nutella is the one that doesn't belong in the top group. He had no engagements with her at all. Epi is probably town because he tilted DS a bit. My POE is the middle 3 plus nutella.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

nutella wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 3:04 pm gut feels without looking back at anything:

dunya
Epi
Dusk

Jack
LC

Jiwon
Tony

Mac
Oh please lol.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 108

Post by Epignosis »

DS. wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:30 pm Let's try for a quick clear.

, sorry. Flavor!
:goofp:
DS. wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:53 pm I'm the best mafia player of all time

There are a few people in this game that can attest that I'm sure
:goofp: :goofp:
DS. wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:28 pm
dunya wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:20 pm leetic made 3 major mistakes.

1. his first entrance was to cast shade on someone about something that was already shaded by another person. piggybacking with a "safe" opinion. or that's what he thought.

2. and this post below is the biggest scum tell in my new scum-tell-notes. he shades nutella for "wasting a post" and brings attention to our "limited" posts. this happened to me on day 0 of my last racket, and surprise surprise, the person calling attention to the "post restrictions" was scum. and it was someone who never came close to hitting his quota anyway. 50 posts a day phase is a lot for most people. i bet more than half the players won't come even close to half of that on day 1. townies don't care about "preserving" posts, they're hungry for content and want to fire blast with opinions whenever it happens. people who are more aware of those numbers and trying to slow us down are more likely to be bad. i.e. it's a bad look, and i'm calling leetic bad.
leetic wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:02 pm
nutella wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 5:57 pm
leetic wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 5:55 pm
dunya wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:59 pm [VOTE: Long Con] aubergine

you are in three games at the same time! i say you gotta be bad in one of them, and why not this one. :p
This seems a weird thing to jump on, to be honest. An easy entrance for scum.

So, with your limited posts, you used one to make this "witty" response? Seems a weird thing to jump on, to be honest.

3. he didn't vote. a lot of hot air, no putting his money where his fingers type. bad.

[VOTE: leetic] aubergine

Duskfall wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 4:39 pm I would've been more prepared if i was an infinite dayvig ngl
that seems...chaotic....and i like u.

Are you calling him bad? Or scum? I feel like one is an attack on his player but not necessarily indicative of his alignment?
Given that dunya clearly voted leetic (and given DS.'s alignment), this is a manufactured concern. What it means (if anything) needs further consideration.
DS. wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:19 am
MacDougall wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:19 am
DS. wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:00 am
MacDougall wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 1:50 am Do we really have DS in here? Holy shit. Wild times people. Wild times.
I saw it in the circus Maximus discord and then realized Nanook was running it and said fuck it.

Thought JJJ was in the game also but, I guess he backed out?

I wonder why :ohyeah:
I'll do my best JJJ impression.

You wouldn't happen to be pooping would you?
I only talk shit actually
These two interacted but had nothing to say about each other.
DS. wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:20 am How memey is this site

Because I kinda just want to quick lynch leetic right here lmfao
Hoo boy. File this under "posts that didn't age well."
DS. wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:21 am God I already know this post cap is going to fuck me
Nope. That was leetic. XD
DS. wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:32 am
leetic wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:27 am Alright, so with everyone showing up, guess how are defending me? 0. And no one besides myself has tried to bring up any targets other than me. If you think that this is what a D1 scum lynch looks like, then you are mistaken.
DS. wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:43 am
JiwonMeganPark wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:42 am [VOTE: ] aubergine
leetic wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:27 am Alright, so with everyone showing up, guess how are defending me? 0. And no one besides myself has tried to bring up any targets other than me. If you think that this is what a D1 scum lynch looks like, then you are mistaken.
That's not even an entrance... What~?
Did you not read the thread or what
DS. wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:47 am
JiwonMeganPark wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:45 am Sorry, I think I misclicked the vote button~ I am still voting for leetic~

Also DS, I've read the thread but that joke seems unplaced~
He was attempting to provide context to what seems like at best a joke wagon and at worst a yolo lynch

I think memeing in response to that is actually perfectly placed
DS. wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:49 am
leetic wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:45 am
JiwonMeganPark wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:45 am Sorry, I think I misclicked the vote button~ I am still voting for leetic~

Who's my partner?
How fast do games usually go here that you think people would even have an answer to this yet?
Needless ire in the direction of Jiwon here- doesn't look like a teammate interaction but I won't rule it out.

DS. wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:54 am 87 posts at least 5 of which are the mods most likely divided by 11 players

7 or so posts per player (with some players perhaps not even having checked in yet? Fact check me on this I don't read deep on non champs games), and like, if anyone seriously attempts to claim they have a read on anyone's potential partners this early in the game I would say they also have a beach house in Idaho to sell you
https://www.zillow.com/id/beach-house_att/

I'm skipping the interactive stuff with leetic.
DS. wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:38 pm
Duskfall wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 12:23 pm It is possible there are multiple mafia teams and/or 3p i think, my role power is knowing when it is lylo or mylo. When i die the amount of scum alive is also revealed. Might as well claim that now I'm a pr that can probably die and not matter

How is this a "bad role" Like you claimed earlier?

But anyways, thanks for town telling before eod1 like I knew you would
DS. wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:57 pm
Duskfall wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:50 pm Np I town tell as every alignment

Its a bad role because he said I would get a good role which implies a vig which I didn't get

I don't even have an active
Well we both know line 1 isn't true but moving on

I think it's probably some sort of 8v 2 v 1 scenario or something assuming your role is true

I'm not sure I understand this reaction, but I think it reflects well on Duskfall.
DS. wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:39 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 1:30 pm

, sorry. Flavor!
You need an avatar.

Here you go.

The avatars I tried were too big I guess and I didn't care enough to resize

How did you know I am the yung gambit hoe tho?
DS. wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:51 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:04 pm
DS. wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:08 am You're saying that you can eliminate some as partners, okay maybe, but there's no way (in my opinion) that those reads could really be solid, but hey, I don't have meta so maybe you are seeing things that I'm not, who knows, I still think it's unlikely

But let's say you're right and we can eliminate some players from being your partner

That doesn't make it so that we KNOW who your partner is. You see what I'm saying? There's not enough information
This is exactly my feelings on Leetic's appeals to "If I'm a wolf, who are my partners then, huh?"

Like I've said that as a townie....on day 4 after getting in fights with literally the entire playerlist. On D1, it doesn't mean much.

While I'm using a post, here's about where I'm at

Dunya (light green starts here)
Jiwon
Dusk
DS (yellow starts here)
LC
Mac
Nutella (orange starts here)
Leetic <- but Leetic is not scum with Epi or Nutella probly
Epi

I should be dark green btw, again, I've already lock cleared myself so it's strange to me no one has picked up on it yet

Eh. This contains nothing in Jack's favor.
DS. wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:55 pm
dunya wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:28 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:19 pm You have DS alot higher than me. Why is he high? Like he's fun and loose but I haven't seen him do anything to make me think he's town beyond a single mindmeld.
i see the same ds as his champ's game. i like his logic and flow. his ego is still on point. he didn't rush to hammer leetic although leetic was at 4 votes. there's a lot going on for him.
To be honest though had leetic gotten to 5 votes I would have hammered for the memes alone
This never gets old. XD
nutella wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:55 pm
DS. wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:48 pm Gonna nip this in the bud, no I am not ziggy or a pr, I actually tried to clear myself based off of wording in what I assumed was a cut and pasted vanilla role pm

That's what

, sorry. Flavor! Was. With the flavor being vanilla

Just trying to not get modkilled so I didn't post it exactly lol

Anyone who has seen me play knows that I will try to auto clear myself as town any way possible
..................... what
DS. wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:01 pm Not sure how much clearer that could be? If you know you know?
nutella's reaction to this is similar to my own.
DS. wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:12 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:09 pm
nutella wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:05 pm Well I'm not vanilla so I wouldn't know, but also it kinda seems like you're doing a sketchy angleshooty thing that you shouldn't do
he’s probably making up the whole thing, I think
You're saying that I'm faking a role pm clear with a role pm I haven't seen? That makes no sense. I was clearly referencing what I had from role pms since it was done in my first post.

Either Nanook cut and paste or he did not, those are like the only two options
Small point in Tony's favor here.
Duskfall wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:11 pm If there's a vanilla role pm nanook would definitely give it to scum and I have seen ds try this kind of stunt as both alignments so it means nothing to me
This is fair.

I'm still lock town though
Small point in Duskfall's favor here.
DS. wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:18 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:14 pm DS, this is either severe angleshooting and you know it, or you’re faking. I’m choosing the more charitable option. I’ll call it NAI cause I’m nice. Let’s get on with the game.
It's minor angleshooting at best (It's definitely not YETL), and I am fine with that.
I'm taking Tony's point away (not really).
DS. wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:24 pm Personally I think dunya has been the most outwardly aggressive in a way that scum could be if they were attempting to power. Not sure if that aligns with their normal meta or not

With no meta on anyone but Dusk really my read at this point before flips is gonna be based off of wagonomics as the day goes on.

Mac needs to put a real vote down. We are past RVS.
The adverbs are real with this one.

While I could give "personally" a pass (personally, I wouldn't ;) ), calling dunya "outwardly aggressive" is a really strange thing to say. What else would she be? Inwardly aggressive? :shrug2:

"in a way that scum could be if they were attempting to power."

There is so much hedging language in there I could build a maze.

DS. was looking for a way in to vote dunya without committing to it.

DS. mentioned Duskfall (whatever) but saw the need to tack on a Mac prod. Noted.
DS. wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:50 pm
MacDougall wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:53 pm
DS. wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:24 pm Personally I think dunya has been the most outwardly aggressive in a way that scum could be if they were attempting to power. Not sure if that aligns with their normal meta or not

With no meta on anyone but Dusk really my read at this point before flips is gonna be based off of wagonomics as the day goes on.

Who should I vote for bb?
Self?

Gg
:rolleyes:
DS. wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:52 pm
Duskfall wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:20 pm whys tony town dunya?
I was more at why is Nutella so low?

Swap Jack and Nutella and I am okay with it
I'm not reading into this. It looks like a post to make a post.
DS. wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:56 pm
Long Con wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:53 pm Looks like that Community Mafia is the only other game on this site that leetic has been scum in. In that one, he Made a big rainbow list of all the players and basically attacked low posters as scum in it. I'm not seeing any of the same style here. I don't like the unwieldy jump to "If I'm scum, why is no one saving me? If I'm scum, who is my teammate? Huh?" but I could see it just being a town reaction.
This reads like you are waffling on a decision. You say he's got town aspects and scum aspects but you could see the scum aspects as being town here.

So... you think Leetic is town then?
DS. gave LC shit for the latter working through his opinion about leetic. DS. claimed to suspect leetic but didn't find any support from LC and massaged that into a vague suspicion.
DS. wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:12 pm
Epignosis wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:03 pm DS - Not lynching today (I don't lynch new people Day 1)
Dunya - Evil bitch (wouldn't lynch)
Duskfall - Not lynching today
Jackofhearts2005 - Would lynch but would require convincing
JiwonMeganPark - Would lynch
leetic - Should burn
Long Con - Would lynch but would require convincing
MacDougall - Would lynch because that's just a good time right there
Nutella - Not lynching today
TonyStarkPrime - Not lynching today

Why is Jiwon would lynch for you?
:ponder:
DS. wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:08 pm
dunya wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:51 pm good stuff, @@DS. but what does his fixation with post count tell you? and how is it alignment indicative?

you only have 5 more posts, so feel free to wait to respond when you can multiquote. oops, i mentioned post count. :p
It's just more of a "where are the intentions here?" To me. It's like, I asked him a direct question about his read on jiwon and he basically shrugged me off. Post count stuff seems like filler to me

Epignosis wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:54 pm Not counting the time I asked you why mentioning a post count is relevant (you didn't answer that, by the way), I have mentioned post counts four times. That's four out of 35 posts or 11.4%. Hardly "quite a lot."

But again I ask:
In what capacity does any of that serve as evidence that I am mafia?
Imo 11.4% of your posts so far being nothing but filler related to how many posts people have IS a lot.

And mafia looks to get people lynched while flying under the radar and under explaining their reads, providing filler content to make it look like they are doing something more than they are.

You OMGUS voting me rn also is not a good look. You've been pushing Leetic all day but now are hopping off him with only a few hours left in the phase?
I don't know why dunya called the post count bullshit DS. came up with "good stuff." I'm happy she questioned him further on it, but the label "good stuff" makes no sense to me. It smelled like bullshit then and it was.
DS. wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:19 pm Dropping where I am at before I run out posts
Town
Dusk
Dunya
Jiwon
Nutella

Null to scum
Tony
Jack
LC

Poe:
Leetic
Mac
Epi
DS. was cool voting leetic. DS. was cool voting me.

DS. didn't vote Mac and didn't seem to ever seriously consider it. Yet there's Mac, sitting on my face. :pout:
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I had my vote on DS most of the day and was scummy. It was an easy way to put a town in the bottom pile.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 89
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:28 pm
Town
Dusk
Dunya
Jiwon
Nutella

Null to scum
Tony
Jack
LC

Poe:
Leetic
Mac
Epi
Nutella is the one that doesn't belong in the top group. He had no engagements with her at all. Epi is probably town because he tilted DS a bit. My POE is the middle 3 plus nutella.
Well I know I'm town so I know he simply had TMI on me. IMO Jiwon is the one that really doesn't fit.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

nutella wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:48 pm
Town
Dusk
Dunya
Jiwon
Nutella

Null to scum
Tony
Jack
LC

Poe:
Leetic
Mac
Epi
Well I know I'm town so I know he simply had TMI on me. IMO Jiwon is the one that really doesn't fit.
Maybe he just had TMI on Jiwon? I think DS and Jiwon are familiar with each other and Jiwon is considered relatively good so it wouldn't surprise me that DS figures to just try to pocket Jiwon if I'm right about that assumption.
Duskfall
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 113

Post by Duskfall »

Is jiwon gtacc btw
JiwonMeganPark
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 56
Preferred Pronouns: Any

Post by JiwonMeganPark »

nutella wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:48 pm
Town
Dusk
Dunya
Jiwon
Nutella

Null to scum
Tony
Jack
LC

Poe:
Leetic
Mac
Epi

Also I know GTacc, he is a cool guy from Mafia451 that hosts Turkish games, I was in one of them :biggrin:
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 34
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

Effective immediately, [mention]JaggedJimmyJay[/mention] has replaced [mention]Jackofhearts2005[/mention]. A vote to attend Jack’s concert is considered a vote to attend Jay’s.
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 61
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I wasn't able to cheese a cheap win after a D1 mafia elimination in FTL, so I'll cheese a cheap win this time instead. I have 8 more posts.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Interactions of DS and dunya

DS side

DS. wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:28 pm Are you calling him bad? Or scum? I feel like one is an attack on his player but not necessarily indicative of his alignment?

The bad/scum distinction may be culture clash; either way the question is cooked. I don't know that DS has a means or even an intention of translating this question into an accusation, and in that emptiness it is a softball. Meh

DS. wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:55 pm
dunya wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:28 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:19 pm You have DS alot higher than me. Why is he high? Like he's fun and loose but I haven't seen him do anything to make me think he's town beyond a single mindmeld.
i see the same ds as his champ's game. i like his logic and flow. his ego is still on point. he didn't rush to hammer leetic although leetic was at 4 votes. there's a lot going on for him.
To be honest though had leetic gotten to 5 votes I would have hammered for the memes alone

Okay. From dunya's end this interaction has some substance, it's a town read. From skimming the thread as a spectator I would say my own perspective was similar enough to hers, so fine.

This one just looks like standard fare bullshit, like DS was not prepared to allow dunya into a comfortable seat of authority -- to her credit. He had to conjure up this "dunno about her meta but so aggressive tho" crap to form something resembling a suspicion, and one that does not seen necessary if they're teamed.

dunya wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:51 pm good stuff, @@DS. but what does his fixation with post count tell you? and how is it alignment indicative?

you only have 5 more posts, so feel free to wait to respond when you can multiquote. oops, i mentioned post count. :p
It's just more of a "where are the intentions here?" To me. It's like, I asked him a direct question about his read on jiwon and he basically shrugged me off. Post count stuff seems like filler to me

This exchange is quite bland. Snore

Town
Dusk
Dunya
Jiwon
Nutella

Null to scum
Tony
Jack
LC

Poe:
Leetic
Mac
Epi

dunya being elevated to the town tier looks to me like DS acquiescing the read he dabbled in earlier -- suspicions on dunya are difficult to fake given the way she plays Mafia, and DS quit bothering.
That's nice for her.

dunya side

dunya wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:18 pm
leetic wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:50 pm And also, I already have three votes on me when half the players didn't even show up, so there's that.
half the players = 3. jack, DS and jiwon. just pointing that out for my reference for future use. could be useful to me.

It seems dunya was more aware of who was silent than leetic was in this moment, and that includes DS. just pointing that out for my future use. could be useful to me. :goofp:

dunya wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:13 pm my town is dusk and ds followed by jiwon and i feel good about jack which probably means he's bad because i always scumread him when we're both town.

This post precedes the one previously addressed in which dunya expanded on town reading DS. Wrong is fine if the read is earned -- while I cannot say it absolutely was, I had no immediate beefs with DS in my spectator skimming so whatever.

dunya wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:16 pm Happy to move TSP into my high deep greens.

Deep greens:
Dusk
DS.
Tony
Jack
Jiwon

My piss yellow list:
Epi
Nutella
LC

My shady list:
Leetic
Mac

Continued. As it stands these two treated one another rather similarly: bland softball/soft suspicion followed by strong trust, with a limited progression contained therein. There's room for concern in that, if they began from a more token teammate posture, read the momentum of the thread, and mutually defaulted to high town reads because it was available to them. This is speculative I grant.

dunya wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:19 am i don't think i agree because epi is very cunning as scum. that said, i did see glimpses of town epi in his back and forth with leetic, so he's my lowest priority.

right now i'd say my suspect pool looks like this:

Epi - least suspcious
Mac
LC
nutella
leetic - most suspicious

happy to lynch anywhere in there.

as for there being 9x2, i think it's more likely based on the roles i know (dusk's, that DS is vanilla and likely at least one other civ is too maybe 2 more, + my role), i don't think town is super powered with roles here so 8x3 becomes less likely imo. and the tmi with leetic becomes more likely again.

I don't know what to do with this, but it exists so here you go.

dunya wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:26 pm @DS. why do you town read nutella?

this question goes for anyone tbh.

Generic prods for expansion, whatever

dunya wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:24 pm further, how does leetic know that DS is their lover on day 1 of the game? usually you have to find each other, no? or does it come in your role card: you are DS's lover?

This stuff is important. When leetic revealed himself to be a lover with DS, and teammate of DS is immediately challenged to handle that claim on two fronts:

1) Be authentic about interpreting it
2) Determine whether or not it's bullshit

I have my doubts that most mafia members would answer #2 with "yes it's bullshit" -- they may portray such a perspective in the thread, but it isn't in their real mindset. That is not something a civilian is likely to pull out of his ass for fancy play to evade the noose. So with this is mind, we can judge dunya here (and everyone else in further analysis on the same bases). I think her question looks authentic, as in it is the sort of thing that can pass through the mind of a civilian confronted with a bizarre claim by a suspected player (leetic) when she must determine its impact upon her final decision. The first and most basic question to emerge from that dynamic is is it true? which then extends naturally to how would it be reflected in the design of the roles?. I think this is a good moment for dunya.

~~~~~

Conclusion:

It's not a completely sterling report. The things that speak to me loudest are to her credit, however. Gun to my head she is not DS's teammate.

Interactions of DS and Duskfall

DS side

DS. wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:31 pm Fyi If Duskfall hasn't town telled to me by end of day then he is just scum

k

DS. wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:38 pm
Duskfall wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 12:23 pm It is possible there are multiple mafia teams and/or 3p i think, my role power is knowing when it is lylo or mylo. When i die the amount of scum alive is also revealed. Might as well claim that now I'm a pr that can probably die and not matter

How is this a "bad role" Like you claimed earlier?

But anyways, thanks for town telling before eod1 like I knew you would
DS. wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:57 pm
Duskfall wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:50 pm Np I town tell as every alignment

Its a bad role because he said I would get a good role which implies a vig which I didn't get

I don't even have an active
Well we both know line 1 isn't true but moving on

I think it's probably some sort of 8v 2 v 1 scenario or something assuming your role is true

That was easy. Duskfall had posted nigh fuck all to this point, so whatever "town tell" DS "wanted to see" was not an involved one. The read is clearly fake, and my immediate judgment is that it's an attempt to pocket Duskfall. I believe these two have some history playing together via Mafia 451 and perhaps elsewhere (correct me if not Duskfall). That makes this a unique dynamic in this game for DS, as most others' experience with him is limited to watching the tournament if any. It looks like DS wanted to nip this in the bud and get a meta threat on his side.

Duskfall wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:11 pm If there's a vanilla role pm nanook would definitely give it to scum and I have seen ds try this kind of stunt as both alignments so it means nothing to me
This is fair.

I'm still lock town though
DS. wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:13 pm @Duskfall

Who is scum?

I pile these all together because they exist and say nothing to me. They look like they're pulled from a random talking points generator.

Town
Dusk
Dunya
Jiwon
Nutella

Null to scum
Tony
Jack
LC

Poe:
Leetic
Mac
Epi

The final placement is consistent with what preceded it. I'm bored.

Duskfall side

Fair

Duskfall wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:10 pm Ds give me hammer please

Okay. That's it. Duskfall did not acknowledge DS's existence much unless I am missing context in quoteless posts along the way.

~~~~~

Conclusion:

I think this works favorably for Duskfall. Even his own silence on DS does not strike me as the stuff of teammates -- those kinds of one-sided interactions tend to come in via suspicions being ignored or the like. In this case it looks like Dusk is ignoring a mafioso who is actively trying to ingratiate himself to him.

Interactions of DS and Epignosis

DS side

leetic - Should burn

Softball. May say more about Jiwon than Epignosis.

DS. wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:46 am I am personally not a fan of Epi being so focused on post counts while not provided any actual game thoughts
DS. wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:24 pm
Epignosis wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:43 am
DS. wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:46 am I am personally not a fan of Epi being so focused on post counts while not provided any actual game thoughts
In what capacity am I focused on post counts other than advising you that you are close to hitting yours?
Epignosis wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:28 pm What should I do with these here 30 29 remaining posts? :ponder:
Epignosis wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:35 pm leetic has 27 left to find mafia.
Epignosis wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 12:43 am
JiwonMeganPark wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 12:40 am Hello everyone~
I will be announcing my votes by posting because I'm not a fan of this voting system, would be cool if you guys also did~
I'll do my best. And if you don't mind it would be cool if you could read through the posts and talk about them. No need to spend all your posts. Just a few would be peachy.
Epignosis wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:23 pm
DS. wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:12 pmWhy is Jiwon would lynch for you?
No reason to not to.

I'm surprised you used a whole post to ask me about that one thing. You're running low, I see.

You've mentioned post counts quite a lot this game and have basically tunneled leetic all game while not really pushing anyone else and when I asked you to describe your read on jiwon you wouldn't. Also your reads list didn't have much reasoning it was just lynch/would not lynch basically so yeah I feel my point stands

Epignosis wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:54 pm Not counting the time I asked you why mentioning a post count is relevant (you didn't answer that, by the way), I have mentioned post counts four times. That's four out of 35 posts or 11.4%. Hardly "quite a lot."

But again I ask:
Imo 11.4% of your posts so far being nothing but filler related to how many posts people have IS a lot.

And mafia looks to get people lynched while flying under the radar and under explaining their reads, providing filler content to make it look like they are doing something more than they are.

You OMGUS voting me rn also is not a good look. You've been pushing Leetic all day but now are hopping off him with only a few hours left in the phase?

This looks great for Epignosis. What a load of shit. You're talking too much about post count reads as transparent smearing. All of the accusations contained in that orange blurb are surface-level nitpicking of the sort typical of a mafioso generating a negative climate for a civilian. Your reads list didn't have much reasoning behind it -- same crap.

Town
Dusk
Dunya
Jiwon
Nutella

Null to scum
Tony
Jack
LC

Poe:
Leetic
Mac
Epi

The culmination is Epi sitting dead last in the reads list alongside Mac and the day's top suspect leetic. I think DS needed to fill out his POE pool and Epi was the name he chose with all that previous bullshit.

DS. wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:21 pm
Epignosis wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:17 pm If this is not my intention, and I have already stated I have no intention of advocating for your lynch Day 1, then just what is my intention right now?
Perhaps to wind up off the final wagon at end of day and get me to waste all my posts in response to you voting me for no reason?

Gg, well played lmfao

This is not teammate stuff.

Epignosis side

leetic - Should burn

This is standard procedure for Epignosis. I have no beef.

Epignosis wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:23 pm
leetic - Should burn

No reason to not to.

I'm surprised you used a whole post to ask me about that one thing. You're running low, I see.
Epignosis wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:40 pm
DS. wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:34 pm On day one I am not really concerned with rationing out my posts. Seems like I can still do my votes without posting on this site so my vote can speak for me even if I don't have posts.

I agree though that the waste of two posts here was not worth the answer you gave.
Ask better questions.

I've sometimes known Epignosis to play up his shtick a little bit when confronted with newcomers. He can't help himself. :biggrin:

~~~~~

Conclusion:

I don't think Epignosis is DS's teammate.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Interactions of DS and JiwonMeganPark

DS side

DS. wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:43 am
JiwonMeganPark wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:42 am [VOTE: ] aubergine
That's not even an entrance... What~?
Did you not read the thread or what
DS. wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:47 am

He was attempting to provide context to what seems like at best a joke wagon and at worst a yolo lynch

I think memeing in response to that is actually perfectly placed

This is clunky. The incomplete vote in Jiwon's post was for leetic, leaving that dramatic "What~?" at DS hanging.

leetic - Should burn

I don't know why DS felt the need to extract Jiwon as the person of interest from this Epignosis reads list. There's a tone of force in it that I don't care for.

But again I ask:

This extends from the previous. If Jiwon is a teammate of DS, this bears some utility -- DS is implicitly tying Jiwon and Epignosis together with this he didn't explain his read stuff. Considering that alongside DS's animosity toward Epi and the makings of a false link are viable. This does require some moving pieces.

Town
Dusk
Dunya
Jiwon
Nutella

Null to scum
Tony
Jack
LC

Poe:
Leetic
Mac
Epi

I have no idea why Jiwon is in the town pile.

Jiwon side

JiwonMeganPark wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:35 pm
dunya wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:16 pm Happy to move TSP into my high deep greens.

Deep greens:
Dusk
DS.
Tony
Jack
Jiwon

My piss yellow list:
Epi
Nutella
LC

My shady list:
Leetic
Mac
I agree but I'm not sure on Jack and DS. They are my face yellow to me.

Correct me if I am interpreting wrong Jiwon, but I am reading this to mean you had Jack and DS as "null", where "yellow" often resides in rainbow lists. If so, yuck, yellow sucks.

JiwonMeganPark wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:11 pm
leetic wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:11 pm If you take me down, DS is going down with me. Is that really what you want?
Are you lovers with DS?
JiwonMeganPark wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:20 pm If DS is scum though, it is a prettay good deal
JiwonMeganPark wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:25 pm [VOTE: leetic] aubergine

This makes me feel nothing. I think it's the most important portion of the game to this point, so I'd prefer it make me feel something.

I believe her leetic vote was the hammer that killed him along with DS, so we can acknowledge the existence of that point. The value of this hammer must be assessed on the basis of leetic's prospects around this point of Day 1. As a neutral skimmer, it looked to me like leetic was the odds-on elimination pretty much all day. I will leave the rest of you to protest that assertion if you think it should be protested. Given that perspective though, I temper any credit emerging from this hammer. I temper it especially given what followed the flips:

JiwonMeganPark wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:56 pm Anyway, I won't just say :I am town" with nothing behind it, I literally created the most suspicion against DS and basically hammered him, if you want I can quote my posts but I'm going to sleep, soo~
Good night, everyone~~

I don't see this in your posts, Jiwon -- you creating the most suspicion against DS. You did the drop the hammer and that's swell, but I don't see a game thread that reflects what you just said here. If you have posts that show otherwise, quote them.

Conclusion:

Jiwon is a compatible teammate of DS. I think the case for her can be isolated to that hammer, so I hope others will speak to their perspectives on that.

Interactions of DS and Long Con

DS side

DS. wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:56 pm
Long Con wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:53 pm Looks like that Community Mafia is the only other game on this site that leetic has been scum in. In that one, he Made a big rainbow list of all the players and basically attacked low posters as scum in it. I'm not seeing any of the same style here. I don't like the unwieldy jump to "If I'm scum, why is no one saving me? If I'm scum, who is my teammate? Huh?" but I could see it just being a town reaction.
This reads like you are waffling on a decision. You say he's got town aspects and scum aspects but you could see the scum aspects as being town here.

So... you think Leetic is town then?

The assertion that LC waffled on leetic in that post is "valid" in that LC gave a positive review of leetic's content with a single "I don't like" caveat". The narrative of the read still tilts toward positive though, and I wouldn't say LC was unclear about that. There's some opportunism in this accusation.

Town
Dusk
Dunya
Jiwon
Nutella

Null to scum
Tony
Jack
LC

Poe:
Leetic
Mac
Epi

As far as I can see this is the only other mention of LC in DS's posts. He seems to have forgotten he exists. It's a generic null read so I'm not awarding credit.

Long Con side

Long Con wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:16 pm
leetic wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:11 pm If you take me down, DS is going down with me. Is that really what you want?
Two for one ain't a bad deal.

Just got caught up, and I see the lynch ends at 3. Dunya, I know my ISO isn't that meaty. I don't usually get more heavily involved in a game until a lynch or two has gone by.

I don't suspect Epignosis, this looks fine for him. I do think that Duskfall's analysis of Epi could be TMI-related, because I don't think he knows how Epi plays.
Long Con wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:19 pm
dunya wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:16 pm i dunno if i believe leetic. they sure waited till the eleventh hour which is different when he claimed cop in community.
That is true. leetic has been under pressure since the very start, and the (true) cop claim came earlier... how much earlier was it? This seems a bit different, just "fine, but I'm taking DS with me". That could be an ability of either alignment, whereas a cop claim is a town claim.
Long Con wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:25 pm
nutella wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:22 pm
Long Con wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:21 pm
leetic wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:12 pm
Are you lovers with DS?
Yeah
I missed this post. That implies that they're both town then, so it is as "I'm town " as a cop claim.

Linki: ok I don't really know exactly what "lovers" implies.
I think lovers can be different alignments. That said I think DS is town, but even if the claim is true I don't believe it clears leetic lol
I'd really like to hear what @DS. has to say about it.
Long Con wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:25 pm
leetic wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:25 pm I'm only lovers with DS during this day phase; I get to pick someone else the next day. It's how my role works
You slut! :grin:

I don't see any mentions of DS from Long Con until leetic revealed the lover connection, and you see all of the results above. I like this progression -- two for the price of one resonates with the sort of fuck it, we'll do it live character of the Long Con I know. He explored the mechanical nature of the claim with dunya alongside a parallel he had drawn to a previous leetic town game (with the cop claim LC has mentioned), and I think he looks authentic in doing so. He did not vote for leetic; nor did he make any meaningful motions to prevent eliminating leetic. I don't see a clear agenda in that, to his credit.

~~~~~

Conclusion:

I wish I had more to talk about, but I like it anyway -- especially LC's handling of the lover claim. I dig.

Interactions of DS and MacDougall

DS side

MacDougall wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 1:50 am Do we really have DS in here? Holy shit. Wild times people. Wild times.
I saw it in the circus Maximus discord and then realized Nanook was running it and said fuck it.

DS. wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:19 am
MacDougall wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:19 am

I'll do my best JJJ impression.

You wouldn't happen to be pooping would you?
I only talk shit actually

Banter. Okay

DS. wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:18 am
leetic wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:14 am
DS. wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:12 am I'm not trying to talk down to you btw I don't want it to come off that way

I think your energy is just better off pushing/prodding at things not involving your own wagon at this point because we literally don't have enough information to garner anything off of it at this point
It's not my fault that nobody has really talked about anything besides me at this point. Hell, when I asked Epi, he refused, and my most recent attempt at getting people to discuss people other than me has failed as well. What would you do if you were in my position?
Well there are two other wagons at this point which you could comment on. Macdougall on me for ??? reasons, don't remember reading anything about me, and you on Jack, who is not even on your wagon which you think is scum motivated I take it?

So like, there are other things going on.

I don't get the impression DS cares about this. ??? reasons is dramatic.

DS. wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:50 pm
MacDougall wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:53 pm

Who should I vote for bb?
Self?

Gg

I take from context that Mac was still voting DS here? This little thwack on the hand means nothing to me; their casual interplay on that vote is a bit forced.

Town
Dusk
Dunya
Jiwon
Nutella

Null to scum
Tony
Jack
LC

Poe:
Leetic
Mac
Epi

Mac has earned a spot in the POE of three alongside the day's greatest sufferer of pressure (leetic) and DS's target for louder suspicions (Epignosis). Mac stands out in that regard. Not a fan.

MacDougall's side

Nothing not already addressed

~~~~~

Conclusion:

Mac is a compatible teammate of DS. None of this moves me at all.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 108

Post by Epignosis »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 6:18 am I wasn't able to cheese a cheap win after a D1 mafia elimination in FTL, so I'll cheese a cheap win this time instead. I have 8 more posts.
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 3:00 pm Post cap updates:

Dunya may reach 59 posts tonight
Duskfall may reach 55 posts tonight
Epignosis may reach 52 posts tonight
Jack may reach 47 posts tonight
Jiwon may reach 47 posts tonight
Long Con may reach 39 posts tonight
Mac may reach 27 posts tonight
Nutella may reach 53 posts tonight
Tony may reach 41 posts tonight
I think you have a few more than that tonight.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

[mention]Epignosis[/mention] my assumption is that my post limit picks up where Jack left off. I will verify.

Interactions of DS and nutella

DS side

Deep greens:
Dusk
DS.
Tony
Jack
Jiwon

My piss yellow list:
Epi
Nutella
LC

My shady list:
Leetic
Mac

I include dunya's reads list here for context. To this point DS had done next to nothing with nutella in this game, so I don't know why he feels she warrants being in the town group any more than whoever. His only prior interaction was indirect, via Tony, about nutella's accusation of an angleshoot. If I reach deep into the bag of insights I might suggest DS felt like he had to give nutella that credit because of his angleshoot and her willingness to call it out (to her credit). This is speculative.

Town
Dusk
Dunya
Jiwon
Nutella

Null to scum
Tony
Jack
LC

Poe:
Leetic
Mac
Epi

The reads list is consistent, don't care

nutella side

nutella wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:11 pm mac/ds would be funny but nah

but why nah

nutella wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:55 pm
DS. wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:48 pm Gonna nip this in the bud, no I am not ziggy or a pr, I actually tried to clear myself based off of wording in what I assumed was a cut and pasted vanilla role pm

That's what

, sorry. Flavor! Was. With the flavor being vanilla

Just trying to not get modkilled so I didn't post it exactly lol

Anyone who has seen me play knows that I will try to auto clear myself as town any way possible
..................... what
nutella wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:05 pm Well I'm not vanilla so I wouldn't know, but also it kinda seems like you're doing a sketchy angleshooty thing that you shouldn't do
nutella wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:33 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:14 pm DS, this is either severe angleshooting and you know it, or you’re faking. I’m choosing the more charitable option. I’ll call it NAI cause I’m nice. Let’s get on with the game.
goddamnit why do you have to be the reasonable one
It's minor angleshooting at best (It's definitely not YETL), and I am fine with that.
lmao i'm actually a big fan of the yetl thing and don't really find it angleshooty necessarily, while this is for sure

nutella hates angleshooting so this is on-brand. I think she is morally obligated to complain about this lol. She didn't take a stance here, so whatever

nutella wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:22 pm
Long Con wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:21 pm
leetic wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:12 pm
Are you lovers with DS?
Yeah
I missed this post. That implies that they're both town then, so it is as "I'm town " as a cop claim.

Linki: ok I don't really know exactly what "lovers" implies.
I think lovers can be different alignments. That said I think DS is town, but even if the claim is true I don't believe it clears leetic lol

There's a stance, and it comes at the critical EOD lovers claim stretch. It's kind of a backwards dynamic wherein nutella is giving DS the town sticker but not leetic -- meaning she isn't really "protecting" DS here if she is his teammate. Her vote was on JackieJimmyJay instead of leetic, so I'll have to revisit that entire contextual space to figure out how much I care about this.

*does that*

She was anti-Jack all day and sat on that vote for a good while. She said my slot was mafia regardless of leetic when she voted and apparently did not relent until post-D1 flips. I don't really follow that progression. nutella please talk about that.

As this pertains specifically to DS, however, I am inclined to shrug. I don't think this clears nutella.

~~~~~

Conclusion:

This is a mixed bag. I am not inclined to remove nutella from the POE pool.

Interactions of DS and TonyStarkPrime

DS side

DS. wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:45 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:43 pm
DS. wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:08 am You're saying that you can eliminate some as partners, okay maybe, but there's no way (in my opinion) that those reads could really be solid, but hey, I don't have meta so maybe you are seeing things that I'm not, who knows, I still think it's unlikely

But let's say you're right and we can eliminate some players from being your partner

That doesn't make it so that we KNOW who your partner is. You see what I'm saying? There's not enough information
This is exactly my feelings on Leetic's appeals to "If I'm a wolf, who are my partners then, huh?"

Like I've said that as a townie....on day 4 after getting in fights with literally the entire playerlist. On D1, it doesn't mean much.

Jiwon
Dusk
DS (yellow starts here)
LC
Mac
Epi

I should be dark green btw, again, I've already lock cleared myself so it's strange to me no one has picked up on it yet
if you keep saying you’ve lock cleared yourself, aliens come down from space and rip you apart or something

I am okay with this because I would be okay being the first person to fuck an alien

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:09 pm
he’s probably making up the whole thing, I think
You're saying that I'm faking a role pm clear with a role pm I haven't seen? That makes no sense. I was clearly referencing what I had from role pms since it was done in my first post.

Either Nanook cut and paste or he did not, those are like the only two options

There's a tone of indignation in this response to Tony that I think is a decent look. I have no clue what "YETL" is.

Town
Dusk
Dunya
Jiwon
Nutella

Null to scum
Tony
Jack
LC

Poe:
Leetic
Mac
Epi

wet fart null read

Tony side

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:43 pm I bet the mafia has a recruit but can only recruit certain characters, which would fit within the “apocalyptic naysayers” theme. That balances it somewhat. Maybe it starts at one but then I assume they’ve already had a chance to recruit. I’ll relisten to the record when my power comes back on and see if I can figure anything out.

[to the scum team: recruit me, don’t recruit DS I think he claimed ziggy or something]
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:45 pm Honestly I think DS hinted Ziggy and is disappointed no one picked up on it. Maybe like he has a power where he can rescue people who have been converted? That’s in line with the character.

This is standard form Tony in that he is drawing mechanical conclusions that I don't understand. The conclusion about DS is wrong so :shrug2:

I appreciate the sentiment, though it doesn't make me feel anything about their compatibility.

Conclusion:

What little there is to talk about is lacking in substance. I'm not inclined to remove him from the suspect pool.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

On the basis of those interactions, I'd split it this way:

dunya
Duskfall
Epignosis
Long Con

JiwonMeganPark
MacDougall
nutella
TonyStarkPrime

Mac is my top suspect. His being crammed into DS's POE is probably my least favorite thing among all those reviews.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

i love Jay! <3 i'm wasting a post to say that. welcome to the game boo.

but jay, did you think DS was bad? i need to know for my ego, pls. :p cos in hindsight, his angleshooting was such an obviously scummy thing and i'm mad i didn't pursue all the bad tings it made me feel more.

my top suspects are still nutella and mac, but i can't take LC out of the pool like Jay does. i do retract my town read on jiwon, though, and think she deserves some more scrutiny from me.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

dunya wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:17 am i love Jay! <3 i'm wasting a post to say that. welcome to the game boo.

but jay, did you think DS was bad? i need to know for my ego, pls. :p cos in hindsight, his angleshooting was such an obviously scummy thing and i'm mad i didn't pursue all the bad tings it made me feel more.

my top suspects are still nutella and mac, but i can't take LC out of the pool like Jay does. i do retract my town read on jiwon, though, and think she deserves some more scrutiny from me.
I paid only cursory attention to the game, but no I didn't have any suspicions of DS. leetic is a hero to us all, and may he rest in glory :noble:

also thanks hi dunia! Tell me all of your worries about fears about Long Con.

I'll respond to this because you're dunia and I'm literally right here. Given the tight restrictions on posting, however, I will be conservative about saying anything through the remainder of the night. If folks have questions/concerns about shit, put 'em in here and I will respond in bulk.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 104
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Hey Jay's in this game. Jay what do you think about Mac claiming to have been town cleared from the DS death?
TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 104
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

DS. wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:45 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:43 pm

Jiwon
Dusk
DS (yellow starts here)
LC
Mac
Epi

if you keep saying you’ve lock cleared yourself, aliens come down from space and rip you apart or something

I am okay with this because I would be okay being the first person to fuck an alien
also this aged very poorly given certain game actions
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

DS. has 2 posts that name nutella, his first was questioning my reads list on why nutella is so low and saying he'd swap nutella into my green list instead of jaggedjack. he has not once engaged with her itt. what earns nutella a shining green spot in his list of townies?

also worth noting he had no suspicion at that point against him? he was walking around thinking he's all but "town confirmed" himself and picking fights about really inane things.
Town
Dusk
Dunya
Jiwon
Nutella

Null to scum
Tony
Jack
LC

Poe:
Leetic
Mac
Epi
there is no thought process on how he reached a town read on nutella. the same argument can be made for jiwon existing in his town pile. what jiwon has going for her that nutella doesn't however is: 1. she hammered DS (which is not a lot) but 2. a public scolding of DS.'s "bad humor" towards leetic, and DS's "have you even read the thread" post to Jiwon. i know that sort of stuff can be easily staged, but it felt authentic at the time and i don't feel like discrediting it atm.

now nutella's handling of DS was interesting. she took a stance on Jack. she never engaged us in leetic after the initial day 1 of day 1 when i did my case on leetic for being wolf.

lmao i'm actually a big fan of the yetl thing and don't really find it angleshooty necessarily, while this is for sure
doesn't seem like town nutella is pissed that someone is angleshooting tbh. feels more like scum nutella knowing what's going on.

the jack stuff is interesting however,
nutella wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 12:04 pm [VOTE: jack] aubergine

this is wolf regardless of leetic's alignment
this feels like whether leetic flips town or not, she has jack to go after once that's done. jack was right in pointing out...what does this even mean.
nutella wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:04 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 1:50 pm
dunya wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 1:47 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 1:28 pm
nutella wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 12:04 pm [VOTE: jack] aubergine

this is wolf regardless of leetic's alignment
I don't believe you believe that.

I especially don't believe you believe Leetic and I are wolves together.
she didn't say you and leetic are wolves together.
She said I was a wolf even if Leetic is a wolf.

I don't believe Nutella believes that's true.

Linki: Because I was watching Hunter x Hunter. Greed Island arc. It's not as good as the Phantom Troupe arc but it's still really good.
hmm upon more thought i don't think i do, but my point was really that i suspected you more than leetic by that point -- given dunya's meta point and some of leetic's responses i reconsidered him but suspected you regardless. and now yeah i think you are wolf and leetic isn't but i am still reading the actual content you have now produced so it's not a lock read
nutella wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:04 pm
dunya wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:01 pm do you think jack is town like i do and pls tell me why on earth i'm not tunneling jack like i should?

could jack and leetic be it.
Well I'm currently voting for Jack but that's from before most of his posts and I'm honestly not really sure how to feel about him. I think he's *probably* not w/w with leetic??
she even admits that the vote against jaggedjack was before most of his posts, but stays on jack regardless till eod. why didn't nutella update her read after she "read jack's actual content". when was she going to take a firm stance on jack? after leetic flips town?

why are leetic and jack *probably* not w/w?

if she was set on lynching jack and believed jack and leetic were not w/w, why didn't she push for jack?

feels like too many loose ends with nutella. her reactions to leetic's Lover claim were also more reserved and calculated than say...LC's were, but i can say she was following the flow of the thread. no one showed any resistance towards the leetic lynch: i don't believe DS's partner was going to draw attention to themselves that late in the day with like 20-30mins to go before end of day towards saving DS out of the blue when the thread environment was basically not having any of it. it would have been too risky and too obvious.

she is in my bad pile.
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

[mention]JaggedJimmyJay[/mention] here's what i came up with for LC after iso'ing him and DS together. looks better than i remembered, but there's some mild tings for me still.
Long Con wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:34 pm

, sorry. Flavor!
Welcome DS. Are you a Mafia player from another site, or a first-timer?
this is a little petty of me, maybe, but does long con usually greet new people and then ask them if they're "fist-timers" playing mafia on a mafia site when they're trying to "quick townclear" themselves? feels a little ~oblivious~ and manufactured to me and i cant shake that feeling.

everything in LC's end of day looks actually better as i go over it with fresh eyes. even DS's *pressure* post on asking LC to take a stance on leetic is not too shabby a look for LC tbh.

i guess if i had to make a pool of 3 suspects instead of 4, i would go with nutella, mac and jiwon.
Long Con wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:16 pm
Two for one ain't a bad deal.

Just got caught up, and I see the lynch ends at 3. Dunya, I know my ISO isn't that meaty. I don't usually get more heavily involved in a game until a lynch or two has gone by.

I don't suspect Epignosis, this looks fine for him. I do think that Duskfall's analysis of Epi could be TMI-related, because I don't think he knows how Epi plays.
this post aged well in retrospect. the 2-4-1 mentality is chaotic, and that falls in line with either LC alignment, but the last point especially is a good look for LC. it looks like real townie who doesn't know what the hell is going to happen when leetic and DS flip. if it was "TMI" setting dusk for it doesn't make sense as DS and Dusk are both new to the syndicate, so the TMI couldn't hold for them as partners (unless it's a team of 3, i guess).

on the other hand, his resistance to leetic initially along with the town read he gave him could be classed as TMI.

DS had LC as "null to scum" in his reads list when he still thought he was "safe" - last of the three, so i assume it was more scum-leaning. i don't like to weigh TOO much into that, but it could be a point for LC. i feel like DS is more likely to vote his partner up if there's only one and mix them if there's 2 more.

---

I'm not gonna make a whole big case on Mac. he's at the bottom of my POE with nutella. i have every reason to scum read him from the shit posting with DS. DS's biggest suspect for ???? reasons we'll never know.

jiwon next.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:27 am Hey Jay's in this game. Jay what do you think about Mac claiming to have been town cleared from the DS death?
I saw nothing to support that assertion anywhere in the thread. Mac's a boob. :nicenod:
dunya wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:21 pm doesn't seem like town nutella is pissed that someone is angleshooting tbh. feels more like scum nutella knowing what's going on.
I've one question stemming from your nutella review -- what about nutella's handling of the angleshoot crap is suggestive to you that she knew what's going on and/or what about it does not resemble a town nutella that is pissed?

Also regarding your review of LC, you covered a decent amount of ground and I cannot discern what your conclusion is. Is he a suspect or no?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 92
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:23 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:27 am Hey Jay's in this game. Jay what do you think about Mac claiming to have been town cleared from the DS death?
I saw nothing to support that assertion anywhere in the thread. Mac's a boob. :nicenod:
dunya wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:21 pm doesn't seem like town nutella is pissed that someone is angleshooting tbh. feels more like scum nutella knowing what's going on.
I've one question stemming from your nutella review -- what about nutella's handling of the angleshoot crap is suggestive to you that she knew what's going on and/or what about it does not resemble a town nutella that is pissed?

Also regarding your review of LC, you covered a decent amount of ground and I cannot discern what your conclusion is. Is he a suspect or no?
:slick: Always.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Always a nice surprise to wake up and find that Jay has entered the game and done all the interactive analyses while I was asleep :goofp:

I really don't even know how to defend my Jack vote lol. I had a snap read of him from his first couple posts, I fairly quickly retracted the "regardless of leetic's alignment" part but that was more due to my change of heart about leetic based on dunya's meta -- though by the end of day that had basically nullified itself and I was back to being fine with the leetic elimination, but never put my vote back both to avoid hammer and because I didn't really feel that strongly about it either way. Why my vote stayed on Jack specifically I don't have much reason for other than I was lazy, felt like my vote didn't matter and didn't have a strong case on anyone else. I did feel better about Jack as his activity progressed but never really arrived at a solid townread of him, and of course Jay skipped his own slot in the analysis so I'd have to look into DS interactions but I think the JackJay slot can still be in the POE.

As for DS, I was moderately surprised when he flipped scum but it also made things make sense in a way -- for instance the "clear" thing, I felt sketched out by that not necessarily just for hard-angleshoot reasons but because I suspect we don't actually have any vanilla townies in this game. I could be wrong of course but it felt off to me and in retrospect makes a lot of sense as a wolf attempting to get credit for being "vanilla" and the fact that it didn't land for anyone as fas as I could tell reinforced that it was an oopsie.

[Mostly-OT] Btw the "yetl" thing is a reference to an incident from a previous season of champs (that I didn't witness firsthand but have heard tell of), I believe the season that DS claims to have been "robbed" of winning lol. Basically he was in F3 with locked-in votes, there was a player named Yeti, and DS baited out the wolf by deliberately voting for a misspelling of Yeti's name so it wouldn't actually go through, and when the other player jumped on it DS caught them as a wolf and voted them instead, and I believe it is the reason that MU added the "invalid vote" warning. It's controversial but I think it was hilarious and clever tbh, I can see why it could be considered dirty play and why they changed the vote label to dissuade it, but I don't know if I'd call it "angleshooting" per se. [/Mostly-OT]

I can't speak for why DS stuck me in his town pile so easily other than assuming it was a pocket attempt.

Mac and Jiwon are my top suspects, and JackJay deserves more scrutiny as well. I have some reasons to feel more good than bad about Tony and LC. Our first three alphabetical players are essentially lock town imo.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

re: LC: i said:
dunya wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:46 pm i guess if i had to make a pool of 3 suspects instead of 4, i would go with nutella, mac and jiwon.
so no, he's not a suspect. i think the good outweigh the bad in his iso thanks to the end of day stuff and DS. actually flipping bad. and nutella, mac and jiwon look way worse.

in order:
my town pile:
dusk
epi
TSP
jaggedjack
LC

scum pile:
mac
jiwon
nutella
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:23 pm I've one question stemming from your nutella review -- what about nutella's handling of the angleshoot crap is suggestive to you that she knew what's going on and/or what about it does not resemble a town nutella that is pissed?
for starters, she didn't outright tell him to stop in the same way TSP did she's done that before in mountains mafia iirc. she doesn't like breaking games. the "..................... what" post felt like someone drawing more attention to the "town-firm" tbh. i'm not saying she encouraged the angleshooting, not at all. i know how above that nutella is. and to be fair, DS. was lying about being vanilla townie, so morally, was it even angleshooting? some will argue nah. he wanted to plant that thought in our heads as much as we wanted to keep it NAI and move on from the subject, so i personally think it wasn't fair play in either alignment, but that's a whole other argument for another day. i just felt the way she discredited it was kinder and more teammate-esque than town-nutella telling DS. to drop it.

ftr this is all reached in hindsight after DS. flipped. and then i notice how he ignored all her posts directed to him. isn't that odd too? she quoted him maybe 4 times (3 times about the angleshoot and once about discrediting his epi read) and not once did he directly respond to her, she who was a solid town read for him. he didn't seem to ignore TSP, Epi, or me or anyone who placed him unfavorably in their rainbows or voted for him (jaggedjack and mac respectively). it doesn't fit my mold of DS. to ignore criticism which made me wonder if he's ignoring nutella cos he literally didn't care or feel threatened by her.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

nutella wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 2:02 pm Mac and Jiwon are my top suspects, and JackJay deserves more scrutiny as well. I have some reasons to feel more good than bad about Tony and LC. Our first three alphabetical players are essentially lock town imo.
I looked at your ISO to learn about your Jiwon suspicion and was confronted with a "multiquote post felt off", "lol hmm", and "weird vibes".

Please miss can I have some more

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

dunya wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 2:09 pm ftr this is all reached in hindsight after DS. flipped. and then i notice how he ignored all her posts directed to him. isn't that odd too? she quoted him maybe 4 times (3 times about the angleshoot and once about discrediting his epi read) and not once did he directly respond to her, she who was a solid town read for him. he didn't seem to ignore TSP, Epi, or me or anyone who placed him unfavorably in their rainbows or voted for him (jaggedjack and mac respectively). it doesn't fit my mold of DS. to ignore criticism which made me wonder if he's ignoring nutella cos he literally didn't care or feel threatened by her.
I can understand your perspective in a roundabout way in that I think what you describe applies to Mac in parallel. He paid more attention to Mac than to nutella, but he did nothing with it and stuffed him awkwardly into the POE pile next to leetic and Epignosis -- two players for whom he could more easily justify that placement given his posts. I got the impression that DS cared about Mac's existence but not Mac's posts.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

FINE I'LL DO IT MYSELF

Interactions of Jackofjay2005 and DS

Jack's posts:
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 1:30 pm

, sorry. Flavor!
You need an avatar.

Here you go.

Honestly I could see this as a w/w thing lmao. There is evidence that backs up the "no avatar = default suspect" concern, and Jack could be legitimately distressed that his teammate doesn't have one.

Jiwon
Dusk
DS (yellow starts here)
LC
Mac
Epi
Puts DS at top of yellow tier. Zzzzzzz
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:19 pm
dunya wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:13 pm i can still see leetic and nutella w/w if i want to look hard enough. nutella's prod to leetic and their prod back to her could have been a bit weak sauce distancing. and nutella is no stranger to bussing.

i could definitely see leetic and epi still w/w. i feel like epi's reaction to leetic, that started off as a joke about bowie's package, escalating to something exaggerated quite quickly after my back and forth with leetic and could be intention distancing in case leetic does take the d1 town-kill.

my town is dusk and ds followed by jiwon and i feel good about jack which probably means he's bad because i always scumread him when we're both town.
Don't even try to read me. Save yourself the headache. :beer:

If one of Epi and Nutella is teamed with Leetic, it's Nutella by a mile. If.

You have DS alot higher than me. Why is he high? Like he's fun and loose but I haven't seen him do anything to make me think he's town beyond a single mindmeld.
Justification of DS read. "Fun and loose" but not deserving of a townread. Meh.
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:07 pm
DS. wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:39 pm

The avatars I tried were too big I guess and I didn't care enough to resize

How did you know I am the yung gambit hoe tho?
Cause Gambit’s the best. Also he’s holding a Jack of Hearts.

Jiwon
Dusk
DS (yellow starts here)
LC
Mac
Epi

Lol my bad.
Response to the "lock clear" thing uninspiring
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:21 pm @DS.

Who is scum? Pretend I don’t care about your role pm or fucking aliens or anything else you’ve talk about lately.
Generic prod

skipping a quote here where he answers a site-mechanical question

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 3:27 pm Lol bank shot.
Duskfall wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 3:09 pm I think we should be lynching off wagon for the next few days no need to tinfoil that scum were hard pushing their partners lover
Would wolves have known DS was loverized tho? If he claimed it before the hammer it was right before it.
Reaction to the flip. I don't see any evidence that Jack noticed leetic's claim in real time, and this has potential to be a DS-teammate reaction imo.

DS's posts:

- response to the avatar thing, already quoted above

this is a yikes from me dawg. there's essentially no prior direct mention of jack from ds and now he wants to place him low in a rainbow with no explanation (in tandem with pocketing me)
Town
Dusk
Dunya
Jiwon
Nutella

Null to scum
Tony
Jack
LC

Poe:
Leetic
Mac
Epi
in the null-to-scum pile, again with no elaboration. Faaaaaart

and that's..... it.

conclusion: yeah these are teammates
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 2:14 pm
nutella wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 2:02 pm Mac and Jiwon are my top suspects, and JackJay deserves more scrutiny as well. I have some reasons to feel more good than bad about Tony and LC. Our first three alphabetical players are essentially lock town imo.
I looked at your ISO to learn about your Jiwon suspicion and was confronted with a "multiquote post felt off", "lol hmm", and "weird vibes".

Please miss can I have some more
weird vibes in that she sounds stiff compared to FTL. plus DS put her in town pile with no explanation. I know that's hypocritical as a criticism from me and he could just be pocketing her as well but I think it's fair to guess he lumped me in with a teammate.

You sir however are in the worse position in my reckoning as per my previous post.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I get two more posts! :bliss:
nutella wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 2:24 pm You sir however are in the worse position in my reckoning as per my previous post.
I have nothing to say about Jack's posts. I will snort though that you're suggesting any instance of Jack shoving one of his fecking gifs in someone's face is cause for suspicion. You fakennnn :biggrin:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

jiwon is mixed bag. i wont do a comprehensive post by post iso, but her posts towards DS could definitely feel like teammate distancing. she did hammer leetic, but we all knew they were a goner at that point of the game. then there's the whole "i don't find your joke funny" to DS, which seems really out of place to me if these people know each other and have btsc. plus, mosts of her posts yesterday felt authentic to me, like the wall of text she wrote defending "first posts," that seemed real as hell to me and just pointless if she was bad? then basically begging to know from Dusk why he felt she was off-tone was so cute and innocent.

i do agree she doesn't feel as loose as i like my players to be. loose and easy, that's how i like 'em. :p but i've never played with her before either, and she's not a high poster. in FTL she had 33 posts in total and her iso is not very dissimilar to how i'm seeing her here. i don't know why nutella suggests otherwise on that front. -1 for nutella again.

she's in the poe because she could have been distancing, DS. placed her in his town core for no apparent reason, and because the hammer and post that came after the hammer to try and town clear herself sits badly with me. all those "credit" posts have a negative sort of effect on me in general tbh.

finally, jay: are you trying to defend nutella? i'm not sure what you're getting at. it's not farfetched to me to think mac and nutella can both be bad together with DS.

i dunno how many scum we're working with, but my order to town kill would be:
1. nutella
2. mac
3. jiwon
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

dunya wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 2:46 pm finally, jay: are you trying to defend nutella? i'm not sure what you're getting at. it's not farfetched to me to think mac and nutella can both be bad together with DS.
No, I'm drawing a parallel in DS's treatment of nutella as you described it to what I interpreted from DS's treatment of Mac. I have no reason off-hand to dissociate the two of them so you could be right. The only immediate question I have on that front is whether a mafia team of more than two is ever balanced in a game of 11 that already hampers the civilians with post count restrictions. Nanook comes from a different culture though, and in his Mafia 451 game I believe the ratio was unusual (17:6 if I recall correctly), so if anyone builds that game he could.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

dunya
GOAT Whisperer

Post by dunya »

i don't think DS treated Mac and nutella the same in that DS actually responded to Mac itt, even if it was shitposting. but i do think there could be more familiarity between them (mac and DS) than meets the eye.

Thread is locked while I process night actions, no talking please
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

In the night! [mention]dunya[/mention] tragically departs this mortal coil. She reveals to be:
Suffragette City

You are a SPIDER FROM MARS. You win when all the APOCALYPSE NAYSAYERS are dead. Each night, starting N1, you can buff a player of your choice.
In addition, Jay cannot be voted for today!

Concert poll (note that if you voted to see your own concert it was RNGed to someone else, cause only losers go to their own concert):

Duskfall (2): dunya, jay
Epi (2): LC, nutella
LC (2): Epi, duskfall (rnged)
Nutella (1): mac
Mac (1): Jiwon (rnged)
Dunya (1): Tony (rnged)

D1 will end at majority (8 alive, 5 to hammer), or June 14, 3pm EDT

The post cap for today is 22

[mention]Duskfall[/mention] (73)
[mention]Epignosis[/mention] (67)
[mention]JaggedJimmyJay[/mention] (33)
[mention]JiwonMeganPark[/mention] (64)
[mention]Long Con[/mention] (52)
[mention]MacDougall[/mention] (44)
[mention]nutella[/mention] (75)
[mention]TonyStarkPrime[/mention] (56)
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

phew i can post again finally

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 3:30 pm
In addition, Jay cannot be voted for today!
FUCK

rip dunya
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 2:35 pm I get two more posts! :bliss:
nutella wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 2:24 pm You sir however are in the worse position in my reckoning as per my previous post.
I have nothing to say about Jack's posts. I will snort though that you're suggesting any instance of Jack shoving one of his fecking gifs in someone's face is cause for suspicion. You fakennnn :biggrin:
LMAO thanks for the scumclaim, makes my job easier. :biggrin:

This is confirmed mafia yall.

[VOTE: jaggedjimmyjay] aubergine

.....i wrote this before the night post and im pissed i cant vote him. likely mafia ability tho so we'll get him eventually
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

dunya wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 2:46 pm jiwon is mixed bag. i wont do a comprehensive post by post iso, but her posts towards DS could definitely feel like teammate distancing. she did hammer leetic, but we all knew they were a goner at that point of the game. then there's the whole "i don't find your joke funny" to DS, which seems really out of place to me if these people know each other and have btsc. plus, mosts of her posts yesterday felt authentic to me, like the wall of text she wrote defending "first posts," that seemed real as hell to me and just pointless if she was bad? then basically begging to know from Dusk why he felt she was off-tone was so cute and innocent.

i do agree she doesn't feel as loose as i like my players to be. loose and easy, that's how i like 'em. :p but i've never played with her before either, and she's not a high poster. in FTL she had 33 posts in total and her iso is not very dissimilar to how i'm seeing her here. i don't know why nutella suggests otherwise on that front. -1 for nutella again.

she's in the poe because she could have been distancing, DS. placed her in his town core for no apparent reason, and because the hammer and post that came after the hammer to try and town clear herself sits badly with me. all those "credit" posts have a negative sort of effect on me in general tbh.

finally, jay: are you trying to defend nutella? i'm not sure what you're getting at. it's not farfetched to me to think mac and nutella can both be bad together with DS.

i dunno how many scum we're working with, but my order to town kill would be:
1. nutella
2. mac
3. jiwon
I definitely get a different feeling from her posts than in FTL, but that may be partially chalked up to the fact that I had TMI on her in that game and I don't here. I do think that she had fewer tildes which seem to be her casual/carefree trademark and her long post that didn't have any contributed to my feeling that her posting here is more stiff/careful/restricted. The content of that post and a couple after it also felt odd and potentially forced to me but I'll have to look back to remember why.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

with jay off the table my vote will likely be between jiwon and mac. will be back in a bit to look further into them
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Wtf I just realized the post cap is way lower today, that's lame af
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Duskfall
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 113

Post by Duskfall »

Btw just gonna say now with people speculating over 451 standards, I think if a 9-2 game was ever posted on 451 host would get flamed for it being way way way too townsided. Some of you have played there, I know at least jjj and Nutella and it's possible Nanook rebalanced but 9-2 on 451 is definitely an unfair game, 8-3 feels about even.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 92
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

nutella wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 3:32 pm

.....i wrote this before the night post and im pissed i cant vote him. likely mafia ability tho so we'll get him eventually
I don't see the scumclaim, tell me your angle!
JiwonMeganPark
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 56
Preferred Pronouns: Any

Post by JiwonMeganPark »

I am platonic lovers with mac, DKDK'ing Mac will solve all of our problems~
Vote: Macdougall
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Welp wouldja look at that. :clap:

What in the piss are you talking about nutella XD
JiwonMeganPark wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 3:53 pm I am platonic lovers with mac, DKDK'ing Mac will solve all of our problems~
You're a hard person to read Jiwon, so please clarify whether or not you're serious. I wouldn't put it past Nanook to put two of these in a game; he is an agent of chaos. Why do you want to send Mac to his grisly demise? Please tell me everything, Jiwon. Everything.

~~~

22 posts is a puny number, so I am going to do my best to consolidate everything I do into multi-quotes and larger posts. I apologize in advance to your eyeballs, but it is necessary.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Long Con wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 3:42 pm

I don't see the scumclaim, tell me your angle!
The very obvious discrediting of my read? Simply claiming that I'm faking, laughing in my face rather than acknowledging that my view of his slot is valid? That is not how town Jay reacts to my tunneling of him. He knows that I'm town and that I'm right and he's just trying to paint me as a scapegoat.
JiwonMeganPark wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 3:53 pm I am platonic lovers with mac, DKDK'ing Mac will solve all of our problems~
hmmmmmmmmmmmmm :ponder: :ponder: :ponder:

I can't figure this one out
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

JiwonMeganPark wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:43 am @MacDougall are you the letter U? Because I love U~
Well this looks like a lover claim huh.

Would nanook really put two of these in a game of this size seeing as they could potentially take down two mafia members? That really seems unlikely to me... unless this one is different from how leetic's choice worked and can only be two townies? I'd honestly be surprised if both Jiwon and Mac are town here though, but if we're assuming a 3 person team, that's Jay + one other, and I suppose someone else could be fooling me.

I don't know. I'm eager to see what Mac says about....anything at all really.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

nutella I don't believe your suspicion of me is real. You were sat in a Night 1 taking a rash of shit from at least dunya and I within a narrow POE pool. So you decided to fill the gap with the last interactive review (mine) and end up with this extremely convenient conclusion:
nutella wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 2:23 pm conclusion: yeah these are teammates
You want to stick my slot into the POE pool because you don't see conclusive evidence for dissociation in that review? Fine. I don't think that's what you did. You collected an assortment of nitpicky shit, selected the bad interpretation without fail, and landed at the conclusion that you frankly need if you are a mafioso. Anything that broadens the POE pool is gold, and I represent an available means to do that as a replacement into an uncleared slot.

You're not exploring the alignment of my player slot. You picked an alignment for it. That has gotten worse now, where I get this "LMAO" and "confirmed mafia" horseshit. You're fake.

[VOTE: nutella] aubergine

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Also if Jiwon knew she was lovers with Mac on D1 why did she seem pretty eager to eliminate him at one point (and obviously again today but that can be more excused by her awareness that many of us would like to resolve her slot) ....maybe she just figured that leetic was going to be it at that point anyway. Idk. This is weird.

Her reaction to the lover stuff is pretty interesting on a second look. She says it would be a good deal if DS is scum and then goes ahead and hammers. Is that a bus with the tradeoff of taking down a townie too? I personally think it's pretty easy to read that way. Especially since nobody really suspected DS at the time.

After the flip she says "I created the most suspicion against DS" which......isn't really true at all lol. She was more like "what the hell might as well hammer in case DS is scum" without really suspecting him much beforehand (she had like one post with some minor pressure on him tbf). I think she knew exactly what she was doing.

[VOTE: jiwon] aubergine

linki: it's not a bullshit read. your slot's interaction with DS is hot garbage and you know this. if you were reviewing that slot from a neutral position you would have it as orange, I am certain. sure there's nothing really conclusive, but to me it fits the exact mold of a teammate pairing, partially because of the lack of material.

your read on me is the fake one. You know that I only go hard on you like this as town. In FTL I kept you comfortably in my pocket. You 100% know that I don't treat you like this as scum. You're full of shit.

Besides, you are the one who broadened the POE pool too much. You concluded your interactive exercise with a 50/50 split, which is not your typical pattern. You are leaving your options open. I have exactly three suspects.

Damn I so wish I could vote for you. But I think Jiwon is pretty likely your partner here so it's ok.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

nutella wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 5:06 pm linki: it's not a bullshit read. your slot's interaction with DS is hot garbage and you know this. if you were reviewing that slot from a neutral position you would have it as orange, I am certain. sure there's nothing really conclusive, but to me it fits the exact mold of a teammate pairing, partially because of the lack of material.
I probably put a slot with a bunch of nothing in the POE pool, yes. Again, this is not what you did. You went straight to hot garbage, and at my first incredulous reply you took it to 11 and said I "claimed mafia". That's not "going hard". That's bullshitting.
nutella wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 5:06 pmyour read on me is the fake one. You know that I only go hard on you like this as town. In FTL I kept you comfortably in my pocket. You 100% know that I don't treat you like this as scum. You're full of shit.
No two games are the same. I had nowhere to go but to trust you in FTL, where literally my entire faction went to sleep for the whole game. You were the only other person doing anything, and credit to you for taking proper advantage of that environment. This environment is not the same, and the dynamic changes accordingly. You're a quality player with a diverse skillset that does not limit you to treating me in identical ways in every game, particularly when they are consecutive. So that is not going to cut it.
nutella wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 5:06 pmBesides, you are the one who broadened the POE pool too much. You concluded your interactive exercise with a 50/50 split, which is not your typical pattern. You are leaving your options open. I have exactly three suspects.

Damn I so wish I could vote for you. But I think Jiwon is pretty likely your partner here so it's ok.
Why is Tony town?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:29 am
Town
Dusk
Dunya
Jiwon
Nutella

Null to scum
Tony
Jack
LC

Poe:
Leetic
Mac
Epi

Mac has earned a spot in the POE of three alongside the day's greatest sufferer of pressure (leetic) and DS's target for louder suspicions (Epignosis). Mac stands out in that regard. Not a fan.
I'd like thoughts on this thing. leetic was the subject of much grief throughout Day 1, and DS contributed to that:

Click
Click
Click
etc

DS also gave Epignosis a bunch of crap:

Click
Click
Click
Click

The presence of leetic and Epignosis in the POE pile at the bottom of DS's reads list is consistent with all of the above. DS did not show the same antipathy to Mac:

Banter
??? reasons
Generic prod for a vote
Jokes

Mac stands out in that POE pile.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Return to “Previous Rackets”