No votes

Total votes: 4
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 92
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Re: Ziggy Stardust Mafia

Post by Long Con »

There is very little of the town nutella that I recognize in this game.
nutella wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 5:57 pm
leetic wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 5:55 pm
dunya wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:59 pm [VOTE: Long Con] aubergine

you are in three games at the same time! i say you gotta be bad in one of them, and why not this one. :p
This seems a weird thing to jump on, to be honest. An easy entrance for scum.

This seems a weird thing to jump on, to be honest. An easy entrance for scum.
Given that dunya and leetic were both town, this post really hasn't aged well. Is it ironic that the best way I have to explain how I feel about it is to say, "This seems a weird thing to jump on, to be honest. An easy entrance for scum."? Except that it's not weird at all at this point, given what we now know about leetic and dunya's alignments. I would rephrase it as "This seems a opportunistic thing to jump on, to be honest. An easy entrance for scum." Take two Civs in conflict, and make sure to get in there and fan the flames, strikes me as a really good entrance for scum.
nutella wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 1:04 am Wew leetic is howling ez game ez life
Another great example of "hasn't aged well". Pushing a town player's guilt by means of catchy propaganda. You're showing less interest in hunting, and more interest in just pushing the "trust me, I caught a wolf in my first post" agenda. I don't see how doing this is town-friendly, usually you are more considerate than this as town.
nutella wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 1:05 am POE is leetic, tony, jack

everyone else has given me reason to townread them

gg see yall next game
Same here, really. This kind of thing led directly to leetic's lynch, which is what you cared about more than actual hunting.
nutella wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 1:31 am
leetic wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 1:12 am

gg see yall next game
Sorry if I sound like Mikey for a moment but you should be aware of confirmation bias.
my dedicated weeks as a spec chat warrior have ruined me on that i'm afraid
Ha ha ha... leetic is trying to engage with you rationally, but you brush it off as a joke, because it really doesn't jive with your goal of getting him lynched.
JiwonMeganPark wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 1:47 am This is scum Leeteuk after being caught from their first post~
Sidebar on Jiwon here. Not only a bad look for piling on the leetic train, but this is really an inexcusable misspelling of his username. I mean, come on. I didn't call you Jeewain or something.

But, back to nutella...
nutella wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 12:06 pm Image
This is so funny. It makes me laugh from right in the centre of my chest every time I see it. The look of that dog... so perfect. Thank you so much.
nutella wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:06 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:17 pm Tony can have a townlean unless Leetic flips wolf.

yiikes
Pushing an unsubstantiated "read" against Jack. Would have preferred to see an explained opinion here over blatant shade.
nutella wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:10 pm
Long Con wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:36 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:19 pmIf one of Epi and Nutella is teamed with Leetic, it's Nutella by a mile. If.
Epi doesn't bus his teammate on day 1, he's pretty averse to bussing overall. I don't think anyone busses out of the gates if it's a 2-scum game.
agreed

which is why if leetic is wolf his partner is tony

checkmate leetic i found your teammate what now
More pushing against leetic, still based on the shittiest of reads about a single opening post reaction. I'm not seeing any genuine attempt to judge your own read here, only a desire to push it. Again, this isn't the town nutella that I'm used to seeing. Town nutella is way more wishy-washy as she reanalyzes her reads into fresh ones. Where is she?
nutella wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:12 pm ok im not gonna waste all my posts spitting out random pairings i promise

also i just realized i agreed with jack about tony after yikesing a post but lc's point made me figure jack/tony not w/w so whatever
Going back over your own posts to see if they hold up is solidly in the wolf category. Townfolk don't need to double-check this kind of thing, because they already know their posts are honest. This reeks of a teammate nudging you about a blatant contradiction and you attempting damage control before it implicates you.
nutella wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:55 pm
DS. wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:48 pm Gonna nip this in the bud, no I am not ziggy or a pr, I actually tried to clear myself based off of wording in what I assumed was a cut and pasted vanilla role pm

That's what

, sorry. Flavor! Was. With the flavor being vanilla

Just trying to not get modkilled so I didn't post it exactly lol

Anyone who has seen me play knows that I will try to auto clear myself as town any way possible
..................... what
It's not "DS, that shit is suspicious", and it's not "yes, what you're saying makes sense" either. Falls right in line with casual distancing, though. Not enough to promote more suspicion, but enough to say "I was wary of DS even back then!" later on. Ugly.
nutella wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:33 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:14 pm DS, this is either severe angleshooting and you know it, or you’re faking. I’m choosing the more charitable option. I’ll call it NAI cause I’m nice. Let’s get on with the game.
goddamnit why do you have to be the reasonable one
Instead, let's let someone else defend DS, and nutella will be there to bolster the town-DS opinion in a nice, indirect fashion.
nutella wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:33 pm
DS. wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:18 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:14 pm DS, this is either severe angleshooting and you know it, or you’re faking. I’m choosing the more charitable option. I’ll call it NAI cause I’m nice. Let’s get on with the game.
It's minor angleshooting at best (It's definitely not YETL), and I am fine with that.
lmao i'm actually a big fan of the yetl thing and don't really find it angleshooty necessarily, while this is for sure
I think, if you hold this post at the right angle, you could almost find an accusation of DS in here, just at the end there, maybe. This is really bad - you can pull out all the stops to push and push leetic as wolf, but when the opportunity comes up to make an accusation on DS, you give a handwave at best.

I'm sure you didn't expect to have DS' wolf flip to deal with so immediately, but leetic's eleventh-hour reveal really allowed you to keep playing out your game without having to consider that, and it looks like that has bitten you in the ass. Also good to note that you voted away from leetic in the later portion of the phase, which serves both to try and save DS, and to distance yourself from a Civ lynch.
nutella wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:26 pm Also if this is indeed 9v2 lovers of any kind (town/town or town/mafia) seems quite unbalanced imo. So either this discredits leetic's claim even more or the setup is not what we think. (If 8v3 then I would definitely think the lovers are diff alignments lol)
Although right up to the end, you're still pushing the idea that leetic is untrustworthy, even though your vote is safely somewhere else.

Town nutella considers and reconsiders here stances a lot more than you have done in this game, which is what has earned you the "wishy-washy" label more than a handful of times. Here, you're just deciding on a suspicion based on very little, and hanging onto it with determination. I'm seeing the same exact thing with your accusation of JJJack - lots of bluster and rhetoric, but very little consideration that the alternate opinion might be true.

[VOTE: nutella] aubergine
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 89
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

.....In what way was I ever "pushing" for the leetic elimination? My vote wasn't on him for most of the phase, I acknowledged dunya's meta on him and felt for a while like he was more likely town, then when his activity fell off I went back to not feeling great about him and yeah I basically let it happen but I didn't feel strongly about it, I just didn't have any better ideas at the time. My vote was on Jack but I didn't really have a case on him. This probably doesn't sound great as a defense but it's true.

Also, you are working from an outdated archetype of "town nutella." Maybe you need to refresh yourself on my more recent town meta. I've become much more assertive in pushing snap reads rather than default waffling on everything. I still hesitate and reconsider but not nearly as much as I used to. When I have a strong gut read I state it aggressively and pursue it aggressively. Remember my fierce but wrong townread of MR in Covid for example? I may be more prone to wrong tunnels now which isn't great, and yes on that note I do need to seriously consider the possibility I'm wrong about Jay (a couple things were brought up that are already pushing me to do so).

Your point about me pointing out the contradiction thing doesn't even make sense. Why wouldn't I be upfront about that? That's my classic stream-of-consciousness mode.

The DS "what" was quite literally a "what" as in I didn't understand it. It didn't make sense. I'm not vanilla so had absolutely no clue what he was going for.

Not sure how you get your interpretation of my dealing of DS. You can go back and reread my reactions to leetic's claim and stuff, it's all there and all natural, yes I wasn't really expecting the DS flip but I also wasn't really surprised by it especially as it made the vanilla thing make sense and confirmed the concern I had with it.

I am open to reconsidering Jay and certainly have time for it since he's not votable today so I was always going to go for a Jiwon or Mac vote. I'm sort of lost as to what those two players' various claims mean regarding their alignments, however. So I may be wrong about someone else as well? Idk. I'll only have like...9? more posts this phase to hash this stuff out but I promise I won't waste them all on a tunnel.

Finally, I don't know if it's the right move to say this or if I should have waited for the rolecop-target-sender-person to say this, but I am the role that Mac posted. If yall still wanna eliminate me, fine, I'll just pick one of you to neighbor with and yell my stupid reads at for the rest of the game. :biggrin:
(I even sorta hinted my role earlier to dunya if anyone is interested in corroboration)
to the spoiler go the victories:
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 61
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

nutella’s claim can be corroborated by at least two others (Mac being one), which means to me that there is no immediate urgency to eliminate her. The role as described would not have great utility for the mafia, but could for the civilians.

[mention]Epignosis[/mention], you asked for “evidence” regarding dunya’s buff. All I know is what I was informed of and what her role card says. It’s technically possible some other mechanic is in play; it would be quite a coincidence. Also let me know if this updated tagging/mention feature still gives you problems.

[mention]MacDougall[/mention] you resisted outing the role. nutella leads the poll and is two short of the hammer as I type this. Did you have a plan to intervene?

[mention]JiwonMeganPark[/mention] did your suspicion of Mac increase in BTSC? What did that man say to you? It’s okay you can tell JJJ.

[VOTE: MacDougall] aubergine

I’m on my phone so fuck quotes
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

[mention]Long Con[/mention] it does my heart proud when you play to solve. I appreciate your legwork in casing nutella. However she may look, however, her claim is a strong one. If she has a civilian role then she is a civilian.

If anyone feels that role is appropriate for the mafia team, you should speak up.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

[mention]TonyStarkPrime[/mention] why Duskfall?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Duskfall
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 113

Post by Duskfall »

At this point Nutella should just claim because honestly I'm not bothered looking back to know what people are talking about, I'm sure other towns don't want to have to go pr hunting either. At this point it's been made such a big deal of and it's apparently guessable enough that mafia will be able to sort it out regardless, so may as well just have Nutella hardclaim and have Mac confirm that's her role.
TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 104
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Duskfall wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 9:23 am At this point Nutella should just claim because honestly I'm not bothered looking back to know what people are talking about, I'm sure other towns don't want to have to go pr hunting either. At this point it's been made such a big deal of and it's apparently guessable enough that mafia will be able to sort it out regardless, so may as well just have Nutella hardclaim and have Mac confirm that's her role.
Worth wasting a post to note that... Nutella has hard claimed? I think?

per Jay I wanted to see poll results and dusk fall's name is first and I forgot to change it

also I super think that Jay is scum but statistically I'm fine voting Mac because of game impact. But I'm not sure if Mac interacts about being given a role cop as he did if he's scum. So I changed my mind. Gonna wait on Jiwon I guess.
JiwonMeganPark
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 56
Preferred Pronouns: Any

Post by JiwonMeganPark »

I will read soon, sorry I was busy~
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:25 am
Duskfall wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 9:23 am At this point Nutella should just claim because honestly I'm not bothered looking back to know what people are talking about, I'm sure other towns don't want to have to go pr hunting either. At this point it's been made such a big deal of and it's apparently guessable enough that mafia will be able to sort it out regardless, so may as well just have Nutella hardclaim and have Mac confirm that's her role.

per Jay I wanted to see poll results and dusk fall's name is first and I forgot to change it

also I super think that Jay is scum but statistically I'm fine voting Mac because of game impact. But I'm not sure if Mac interacts about being given a role cop as he did if he's scum. So I changed my mind. Gonna wait on Jiwon I guess.
I'd play the "doing my Civic duty" act if I were scum in that situation. What would you do?

@nutella why would you choose to send Mac info when he was one of your scummiest reads?
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

I did not send it. I have no idea who did or why.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 45

Post by MacDougall »

Why are people voting for me. So whack.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Long Con wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:42 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:25 am

I'd play the "doing my Civic duty" act if I were scum in that situation. What would you do?

@nutella why would you choose to send Mac info when he was one of your scummiest reads?
She didn't.

You don't care about the roof do you.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

God I wish I could vote Jay today. Curses.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MacDougall wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 2:31 pm Why are people voting for me. So whack.
You look like DS's teammate and have given nothing that suggests you're not.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Indeed, you suggested before that you ought to look good with respect to DS, Mac. If you explain why that's the case I will listen. I believe you mentioned earlier that he was "tilted" about your vote being on him -- I don't interpret much "tilt" in his handling of you and I don't view that as interesting anyway.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

nutella wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 2:10 pm I did not send it. I have no idea who did or why.
Ok, I get it. I thought you meant you were the role that sent stuff, but I get that your stuff was sent by that role.
MacDougall wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 2:32 pmYou don't care about the roof do you.
I just bent one nail, no harm done. I still care about the roof.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

[mention]Duskfall[/mention] I have no idea what your reads are right now.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 10:25 amBut I'm not sure if Mac interacts about being given a role cop as he did if he's scum. So I changed my mind. Gonna wait on Jiwon I guess.
What about Mac's interaction with this role cop stuff gives you a positive impression?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

I sort of wondered if mac was just a scum rolecop and made up the thing about someone else sending it, but that seems a bit silly (except that rolecop is a common scum role so maybe it's a way to get out of claiming it himself). Still, regardless of where the check came from, I struggle to see the scum motivation in outing me, especially when I have been a common poe suspect/ML bait/in particular a likely eliminatee over Mac himself who is also on the table. I don't know why he'd remove me as an easy mislim in these circumstances if he is scum. Feels like there is only town motivation there. So that's my biggest hangup with Mac being scum. Jiwon is still my top candidate for today.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

nutella wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 3:01 pm I sort of wondered if mac was just a scum rolecop and made up the thing about someone else sending it, but that seems a bit silly (except that rolecop is a common scum role so maybe it's a way to get out of claiming it himself). Still, regardless of where the check came from, I struggle to see the scum motivation in outing me, especially when I have been a common poe suspect/ML bait/in particular a likely eliminatee over Mac himself who is also on the table. I don't know why he'd remove me as an easy mislim in these circumstances if he is scum. Feels like there is only town motivation there. So that's my biggest hangup with Mac being scum. Jiwon is still my top candidate for today.
But he didn't really remove you from mislim. You did that by claiming the role.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

But he knew that as soon as he put the info in the thread I would be outed one way or another, via him or myself or the rolecop person who presumably chose the name to check. If he was scum he would just keep the info to himself and not risk causing a townie to become confirmed.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Duskfall
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Duskfall »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 2:47 pm @Duskfall I have no idea what your reads are right now.
Idt you need to rn
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Duskfall wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 3:20 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 2:47 pm @Duskfall I have no idea what your reads are right now.
Idt you need to rn
That's definitely Mafia 451. :smile:

re: Mac and the role cop thing -- if he received that information from another player, can he justify withholding it? Player X has him under surveillance.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Idt you need to rn
Maybe don't make everything into an acronym
JiwonMeganPark
Stool Pigeon

Post by JiwonMeganPark »

Idt un2 rn
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

okiydwetuy
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 108

Post by Epignosis »

We had a drive-thru graduation ceremony today.

I can now honestly say I've been to a seven-hour high school graduation. :offtobed:

Lots to do tonight including MMA research. I'll be with you all tomorrow if I'm not dead.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 3:22 pm
Idt you need to rn
That's definitely Mafia 451. :smile:

re: Mac and the role cop thing -- if he received that information from another player, can he justify withholding it? Player X has him under surveillance.
I thought it was towny that he seemed so confused about I was asking him questions about it. I think his answers were generally wrong, but in his position he basically has to clear a role and then make the decision whether to kill it if he's scum. He chose the most townclearish way. WIFOM, maybe. But then he answers the questions straight. He says exactly "I reveal the full role as scum. I can't reasonably withhold it." then he moves on
Duskfall
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Duskfall »

On jjjs podcast today Amy mentioned writing an article on how to do the opposite of power towning and I was like "yo that's me" this is not game relevant but I thought I would point it out to those who watched cause I lolled
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

y'all can lynch ziggy if you want idc

just know that jiwon gonna die also so you're probably killing two towns and I should probably just be towncored for how I dealt with the thing and also because I was trolling DS all game

but if you'd rather just be bad at mafia and lynch me because you want beautiful things to die, go ahead
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:23 pm I'm pretty clear off DS interactions so that's cool.
Looking at your DS interactions, I get the exact opposite impression. Looks like casual buddy-distancing with DS, along with careless pushes to lynch nutella and leetic. You get awarded no points for "doing the right thing while being watched" on the rolecop, and there's no other player than I have nearly as much suspicion for after reading that ISO. [VOTE: MACDADDY] aubergine
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

K
JiwonMeganPark
Stool Pigeon

Post by JiwonMeganPark »

Reading whole game but I want to post my thoughts about first 5 pages (next posts after) in the light of new info we learned~
DS. wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:31 pm Fyi If Duskfall hasn't town telled to me by end of day then he is just scum
Dusk have already towntold before the moment DS posted this, the fact that DS didn't try to convince others this is Dusk's town meta already makes Dusk confirmed town

Duskfall wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:11 pm If there's a vanilla role pm nanook would definitely give it to scum and I have seen ds try this kind of stunt as both alignments so it means nothing to me
And if that + this doesn't make Dusk IC, I don't know what does~

gg see yall next game
I still feel weirded out from this post, townread everyone except no posters and person who is suspected by everyone
Duskfall wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 12:23 pm It is possible there are multiple mafia teams and/or 3p i think, my role power is knowing when it is lylo or mylo. When i die the amount of scum alive is also revealed. Might as well claim that now I'm a pr that can probably die and not matter
When is ever DKDKlo or MyLo in a game with 2nd mafia team or 3rd party? Never unless one party is dead since they would kill each other
nutella wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:11 pm mac/ds would be funny but nah
If mac is scum, no way nutella is also scum~ No balls enough to group partners like this I think
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:39 pm
JiwonMeganPark wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:23 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 5:59 pm Your power, mostly — the number of scum will be revealed upon death implies a changing number of scum.
Why?
I just thought it does. I dunno. It’s not 9-2, is what I’m saying, and the way that power works makes me think it’s not 8-3 either. Therefore...
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:09 pm
nutella wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:05 pm Well I'm not vanilla so I wouldn't know, but also it kinda seems like you're doing a sketchy angleshooty thing that you shouldn't do
he’s probably making up the whole thing, I think
I just feel that setup speculation seems townie and calling out DS as fake is townie~

This is even a better look for TSP~ Really thinking TSP considered it to be an angleshoot
JiwonMeganPark
Stool Pigeon

Post by JiwonMeganPark »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:43 pm
DS. wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:51 pm
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 2:04 pm
DS. wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:08 am You're saying that you can eliminate some as partners, okay maybe, but there's no way (in my opinion) that those reads could really be solid, but hey, I don't have meta so maybe you are seeing things that I'm not, who knows, I still think it's unlikely

But let's say you're right and we can eliminate some players from being your partner

That doesn't make it so that we KNOW who your partner is. You see what I'm saying? There's not enough information
This is exactly my feelings on Leetic's appeals to "If I'm a wolf, who are my partners then, huh?"

Like I've said that as a townie....on day 4 after getting in fights with literally the entire playerlist. On D1, it doesn't mean much.

While I'm using a post, here's about where I'm at

Dunya (light green starts here)
Jiwon
Dusk
DS (yellow starts here)
LC
Mac
Nutella (orange starts here)
Leetic <- but Leetic is not scum with Epi or Nutella probly
Epi

I should be dark green btw, again, I've already lock cleared myself so it's strange to me no one has picked up on it yet
if you keep saying you’ve lock cleared yourself, aliens come down from space and rip you apart or something
This looks also good

Page 7 has a lot of discussion between DS and Epi about postcounts and a DS vote from epi, I think those's a TR for epi but they could be a deepwolf since
dunya wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:19 am epi is very cunning as scum.
That's not our problem for a nowthough, I think it is ok to TR epi
JiwonMeganPark
Stool Pigeon

Post by JiwonMeganPark »

JiwonMeganPark wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:56 pm Anyway, I won't just say :I am town" with nothing behind it, I literally created the most suspicion against DS and basically hammered him, if you want I can quote my posts but I'm going to sleep, soo~
Good night, everyone~~
OK, it might be Epi who created the most suspicion against DS but I hammered him. OK, leetic was already going to be the DKDK but still, I said it is a good deal to DKDK leetic if DS is scum and I pointed out that DS shouldn't be townread for what he did in D1
JiwonMeganPark
Stool Pigeon

Post by JiwonMeganPark »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:29 am I wish I had more to talk about, but I like it anyway -- especially LC's handling of the lover claim. I dig.
I didn't have a read about Long con but I think I will sheep Jay on this, at least for today.
JiwonMeganPark
Stool Pigeon

Post by JiwonMeganPark »

Because I like it and agree with LC's handling to lover claim is townish but I mean, it could be some kind of distance since if it was true DS was also going to get DKDK'ed but that seems unlikely for now.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

DS. wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:18 am
leetic wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:14 am
DS. wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 3:12 am I'm not trying to talk down to you btw I don't want it to come off that way

I think your energy is just better off pushing/prodding at things not involving your own wagon at this point because we literally don't have enough information to garner anything off of it at this point
It's not my fault that nobody has really talked about anything besides me at this point. Hell, when I asked Epi, he refused, and my most recent attempt at getting people to discuss people other than me has failed as well. What would you do if you were in my position?
Well there are two other wagons at this point which you could comment on. Macdougall on me for ??? reasons, don't remember reading anything about me, and you on Jack, who is not even on your wagon which you think is scum motivated I take it?

So like, there are other things going on.
Here DS shows that he's uncomfortable with my vote on him. I left it there for ages.
DS. wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:24 pm Personally I think dunya has been the most outwardly aggressive in a way that scum could be if they were attempting to power. Not sure if that aligns with their normal meta or not

With no meta on anyone but Dusk really my read at this point before flips is gonna be based off of wagonomics as the day goes on.

Mac needs to put a real vote down. We are past RVS.
My vote still being there, he decides to straight up tell me my vote is bad.
DS. wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:50 pm
MacDougall wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:53 pm
DS. wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 7:24 pm Personally I think dunya has been the most outwardly aggressive in a way that scum could be if they were attempting to power. Not sure if that aligns with their normal meta or not

With no meta on anyone but Dusk really my read at this point before flips is gonna be based off of wagonomics as the day goes on.

Mac needs to put a real vote down. We are past RVS.
Who should I vote for bb?
Self?

Gg
So I ask him to pocket me and he gives me this.

It's subtle but clearing imo. It's not teammate stuff unless you want it to be.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Me being suspect and getting votes here is one of the only paths to mafia victory too. If you towncore me + Jiwon + Nutella + yourself + Epi, you have autowin really.
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Mac who do you kill today
JiwonMeganPark
Stool Pigeon

Post by JiwonMeganPark »

DS obviously knows scum enough to make WIFOM reads, his town to scum readpile could mean anything, I skipped it while rereading~

RE:Mac
Those doesn't show that you are not scum with DS lol~ You wasn't even voting for him at EoD
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

8 players one/two scum asterisk lovers?
Maybe kill the lovers to get to 5 to be honest, two chops for the price of one?
JiwonMeganPark
Stool Pigeon

Post by JiwonMeganPark »

nutella wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 3:35 pm with jay off the table my vote will likely be between jiwon and mac. will be back in a bit to look further into them
nutella suspecting us and voting for me while if she votes mac both of us will die is :haha:
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun Jun 14, 2020 2:45 am Mac who do you kill today
I am trying to figure out who not to. Long Con is a lot cleaner than Duskfall off DS interactions. I haven't looked at you yet. But it feels like nobody is going to ride with my towncore which is a shame. If I blow up and Jiwon flips town too we're basically blowing up an autowin towncore. I suppose I have to just powertown my way to getting town read.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

POE is Jay, Long Con, TSP and Duskfall. Jay can't be lynched. I'd lynch TSP and Duskfall before Long Con.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

[VOTE: TonyStarkPrime] aubergine his handling of DS was odd. Soft defenses and made a few weird reads on him. The angleshoot thing is an ok look but someone has to be the teammate.
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

So look at this from my perspective. I’m clearing dusk for getting a bad role, which was NAI exactly until DS flipped vanilla. We’re at like 4 civ power roles? 5? Actually could be 8 Civ w/ power against 3 vanilla. I take back this argument, but I also recall Duskfall being pretty heavily involved in setup balance debates in favor of 8-3. This would seem like an unnecessary risk to scum in that 3, they’d feel like they’d risk giving something away. I’m on my phone now and there’s a post limit and I can’t check all of these interactions, but I have a generally good feel about Dusk. I know it’s not me. So I’m not really a fan of your POE, Mac. (Don’t bother replying to this if you’re low on post, you can fit something in later)
JiwonMeganPark
Stool Pigeon

Post by JiwonMeganPark »

nutella wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 5:06 pm Also if Jiwon knew she was lovers with Mac on D1 why did she seem pretty eager to eliminate him at one point (and obviously again today but that can be more excused by her awareness that many of us would like to resolve her slot) ....maybe she just figured that leetic was going to be it at that point anyway. Idk. This is weird.

Her reaction to the lover stuff is pretty interesting on a second look. She says it would be a good deal if DS is scum and then goes ahead and hammers. Is that a bus with the tradeoff of taking down a townie too? I personally think it's pretty easy to read that way. Especially since nobody really suspected DS at the time.

After the flip she says "I created the most suspicion against DS" which......isn't really true at all lol. She was more like "what the hell might as well hammer in case DS is scum" without really suspecting him much beforehand (she had like one post with some minor pressure on him tbf). I think she knew exactly what she was doing.

[VOTE: jiwon] aubergine

linki: it's not a bullshit read. your slot's interaction with DS is hot garbage and you know this. if you were reviewing that slot from a neutral position you would have it as orange, I am certain. sure there's nothing really conclusive, but to me it fits the exact mold of a teammate pairing, partially because of the lack of material.

your read on me is the fake one. You know that I only go hard on you like this as town. In FTL I kept you comfortably in my pocket. You 100% know that I don't treat you like this as scum. You're full of shit.

Besides, you are the one who broadened the POE pool too much. You concluded your interactive exercise with a 50/50 split, which is not your typical pattern. You are leaving your options open. I have exactly three suspects.

Damn I so wish I could vote for you. But I think Jiwon is pretty likely your partner here so it's ok.
Only thing I said about McD D1 was "why are you town?" and lover claim, did I shaded my my platonic love because I knew someone else was going to get DKDK'ed anyway and I wanted town to think when I reveal as lovers with McD, I wouldn't ask a question to my love if I am mafia because I wouldn't want my love to get DKDK'ed because that would kill me? I think I know why you are weirded out, you are trying to bend what you think about my post too much because that would be convenient for you since you want your d1 SR on me to be consistent and try to find anything that could be scummy about me.
As for DS hammer, I didn't know DS was scum and what you said is based on I knew that DS was scum, I simply didn't but I knew he could be scum, his flavor post was already weird and it would be good to DKDK 2 scummy players for 1. I tried to get credit for it because I was like what the hell, if It will help me to survive it will. That's also what town wants

I think I will DKDK between Nutella, Mac and Jay, maybe LC.
JiwonMeganPark
Stool Pigeon

Post by JiwonMeganPark »

Epignosis wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:27 pm
nutella wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 2:02 pm [Mostly-OT] Btw the "yetl" thing is a reference to an incident from a previous season of champs (that I didn't witness firsthand but have heard tell of), I believe the season that DS claims to have been "robbed" of winning lol. Basically he was in F3 with locked-in votes, there was a player named Yeti, and DS baited out the wolf by deliberately voting for a misspelling of Yeti's name so it wouldn't actually go through, and when the other player jumped on it DS caught them as a wolf and voted them instead, and I believe it is the reason that MU added the "invalid vote" warning. It's controversial but I think it was hilarious and clever tbh, I can see why it could be considered dirty play and why they changed the vote label to dissuade it, but I don't know if I'd call it "angleshooting" per se. [/Mostly-OT]
That's shit play and unsportsmanlike.
no
Epignosis wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:27 pm
nutella wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 9:26 pm Easy, she was everyone's top townread. Seems like an obvious kill choice in any world. And potentially a frame job on me. Also she was misreading Jay as town, so. Wifom and all that. :shrug:

I explained the yetl thing earlier btw if you would care to read my posts. While you're at it, check out my sweet case on Jay.
She wasn't mine.
Who was your's?
MacDougall wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:28 pm How bout this. I'll just post this person's role, and you can all discuss what alignment you think this person is?

"Rock n Roll Suicide

When you die (by any means), you can choose to enter a neighborhood with a player of your choice rather than go to dead chat."

Seems town right?
How is this allowed?
TonyStarkPrime

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

I do need someone to e plain to me really quick: if we chop Mac, Jiwon dies as well?

Return to “Previous Rackets”