36%

Total votes: 11
Hally
alien shapeshifter
Posts in topic: 800
Preferred Pronouns: they/them

Re: Jack Attack Mafia (Day 1)

Post by Hally »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:05 am @Hally how do you distinguish among the others that have claimed miller when you decide Tony seems okay and the others are joking?
um, idk? fg’s and nanook’s looked like jokes to me but tony seemed like he intended his to be serious

he had that thing about “it’s conditional” which i don’t get really (how can a miller be conditional? conditional on what?) but seemed serious. also his reaction to wisp voting him for “trying to discredit hally’s claim” where he was like “no im trying to do the opposite” seemed legit?

like idk, just the way he’s gone about it seems like he intends the claim to be taken seriously whereas nanook and fg do not. whether that makes tony’s claim real is another thing but im not sure why he’d think being the second one to claim miller would be a good idea as scum
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image ImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 138

Post by Spacedaisy »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:30 am Fwiw I have a couple real reads

And will otherwise be playing entirely to have fun cause I’ve had too many less than fun games recently and I refuse to be made to take this one seriously until, like, D4

Put me in the towncore and I’ll sheep
I'd be interested to know your real reads
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 997
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Given my [limited] experience playing with and observing Funnygurl, I would describe her civilian play as engaged, dangerous, and alive. She reminds me of Literal Jack in that way.

Her seven posts so far strike me as timid, and the miller claim is meaningless. This isn't the start I would anticipate from her.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Hally wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:33 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:05 am @Hally how do you distinguish among the others that have claimed miller when you decide Tony seems okay and the others are joking?
um, idk? fg’s and nanook’s looked like jokes to me but tony seemed like he intended his to be serious

he had that thing about “it’s conditional” which i don’t get really (how can a miller be conditional? conditional on what?) but seemed serious. also his reaction to wisp voting him for “trying to discredit hally’s claim” where he was like “no im trying to do the opposite” seemed legit?

like idk, just the way he’s gone about it seems like he intends the claim to be taken seriously whereas nanook and fg do not. whether that makes tony’s claim real is another thing but im not sure why he’d think being the second one to claim miller would be a good idea as scum
Cool cool cool. I tend to agree with the orange bit.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 342
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

Spacedaisy wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:35 am
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:30 am Fwiw I have a couple real reads

And will otherwise be playing entirely to have fun cause I’ve had too many less than fun games recently and I refuse to be made to take this one seriously until, like, D4

I'd be interested to know your real reads
Wisp and Epi town, Epi moreso

Hally probably town on claim

Jay slight town, FG slight town
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

im liking daisy too so far

it’s thin but i feel something good there
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I'm a bit bugged that sprityo elected to make his initial contribution a generic vote-the-miller-claim, and he chose player I view as the least suspicious non-Hally among them (Tony).

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

In a sprityo-knows-a-claimer-is-mafia-and-is-their-teammate-kind-of-TMI-manner-hyphen-words

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

atm i lean town on epi, jay, wisp, daisy and tony. maybe maybe sabie but idk

everyone else who’s posted is meh to me

nanook actively rubs me wrong but i don’t think i know how to read him. he has a different energy than in space invaders though and it’s skeeving me out a bit. not sure how to articulate, not sure it’s even AI, idk
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Nanook handles business differently from me, and I am going to let him do that. If I don't like that slot at EOD1 though I have no interest in handing out free passes.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Hally wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:43 am atm i lean town on epi, jay, wisp, daisy and tony. maybe maybe sabie but idk

nanook actively rubs me wrong but i don’t think i know how to read him. he has a different energy than in space invaders though and it’s skeeving me out a bit. not sure how to articulate, not sure it’s even AI, idk
Yeah, well, you’ll excuse me if I entirely disregard your ability to read me even a little bit after you scumread me in space invaders for not playing how you wanted me to
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

I have 2-5 good reads so far find someone that’s done better
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:44 am
Hally wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:43 am atm i lean town on epi, jay, wisp, daisy and tony. maybe maybe sabie but idk

Yeah, well, you’ll excuse me if I entirely disregard your ability to read me even a little bit after you scumread me in space invaders for not playing how you wanted me to
yeah that’s fair. i dont expect you to care about my read on you regardless of your alignment and i already admitted it may not be accurate

do what you’re gonna do and hopefully i’ll get there
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

i will say though, for someone that claims to not care how people read you, you... seem to care quite a bit from how you react to suspiscion
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I think this game is off to a strong start. I feel pretty decent about the state of things and about the civilian reads I have generated so far. Keep this up and we'll be just fine gang.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

My gut is reading Sabie as civ atm, but I don't have a good reason for it.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Hally wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:48 am i will say though, for someone that claims to not care how people read you, you... seem to care quite a bit from how you react to suspiscion
I don’t recall claiming I don’t care how people read me?

I broadly don’t react to “prodding to do something” votes, but I do get irritated sometimes when people have bad reads on me for certain reasons. Chief amongst those reasons is what amounts to “I don’t like how you play so you must be mafia,” it’s very irritating. I’m genuinely not that hard to read most games.

I also dislike the “lol nanook does nothing” narrative that people push sometimes, in game and out, it’s fucking annoying and not generally true.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:52 am I also dislike the “lol nanook does nothing” narrative that people push sometimes, in game and out, it’s fucking annoying and not generally true.
Is this a read you've seen in this game yet? I don't mean suggest it hasn't happened; I am literally asking.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

Spacedaisy wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:51 am

My gut is reading Sabie as civ atm, but I don't have a good reason for it.
i’m at the same place yea

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:53 am
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:52 am I also dislike the “lol nanook does nothing” narrative that people push sometimes, in game and out, it’s fucking annoying and not generally true.
Is this a read you've seen in this game yet? I don't mean suggest it hasn't happened; I am literally asking.
No idea my annoyance with Hally is not constrained to this game, it continues from alien invaders dead chat where some uh

Frustrating comments were made, and the “nanook rubs me the wrong way” thing suggested we might be headed down that path again
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:52 am
Hally wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:48 am i will say though, for someone that claims to not care how people read you, you... seem to care quite a bit from how you react to suspiscion
I don’t recall claiming I don’t care how people read me?

I broadly don’t react to “prodding to do something” votes, but I do get irritated sometimes when people have bad reads on me for certain reasons. Chief amongst those reasons is what amounts to “I don’t like how you play so you must be mafia,” it’s very irritating. I’m genuinely not that hard to read most games.

I also dislike the “lol nanook does nothing” narrative that people push sometimes, in game and out, it’s fucking annoying and not generally true.
ok

sorry if i’ve irritated you, i’ll leave you to it
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

i dont really feel like continuing this exchange because it will apparently just lead to negative feelings and dredge up stuff from last game, neither of which is productive for this game
Alison
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 519
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Alison »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:49 pm Epi soft locked as town imo
nice pocket nanook
There's nothing that says a fake can't surpass the real thing.
Alison

Post by Alison »

I hard claim miller too by the way. Not a joke claim. I'm serious.

Alison wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:01 am
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Mon Jul 06, 2020 11:49 pm Epi soft locked as town imo
nice pocket nanook
Did this last game too
Alison

Post by Alison »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:04 am
Hally wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:02 am nanook i think the phrase you’re looking for is “town lean” :p
It’s considerably stronger

To rephrase....

I saw town indicative behavior from Epi. Epi is good enough to fake that behavior over a short amount of time. If he’s town, the behavior will continue. If he’s mafia, it won’t. So, he’s probably clear, but not 100% clear. Thus, soft locked
What makes you think Epi isn't good enough to fake that behavior over a longer period of time?

Alison wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:04 am
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:04 am
Hally wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 12:02 am nanook i think the phrase you’re looking for is “town lean” :p
It’s considerably stronger

To rephrase....

I saw town indicative behavior from Epi. Epi is good enough to fake that behavior over a short amount of time. If he’s town, the behavior will continue. If he’s mafia, it won’t. So, he’s probably clear, but not 100% clear. Thus, soft locked
What makes you think Epi isn't good enough to fake that behavior over a longer period of time?
Experience
Alison

Post by Alison »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:02 am
nice pocket nanook
Did this last game too
I skimmed over your ISO last game (ctrl+f'd "epi" and "lock") and found nothing. Can you point me to the post?

Alison wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:07 am
nice pocket nanook
Did this last game too
I skimmed over your ISO last game (ctrl+f'd "epi" and "lock") and found nothing. Can you point me to the post?
Idk somewhere D1 I think, search for Epi
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

Alison wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:01 am I hard claim miller too by the way. Not a joke claim. I'm serious.
what the hell is this game
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Nanook, whaddya like about Funnygurl?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:09 am Nanook, whaddya like about Funnygurl?
Loose feeling entrance, scum are maybe a bit less likely to jokingly claim miller imo
Alison

Post by Alison »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:12 am @TonyStarkPrime

I'm sick of watching you suffer tragic losses. If you're a civilian, please do me a favor and make it as plain to me as possible. You don't have to play at the level of Game 7 if you don't have that in you right now, but please try to show me those goods. I think you're reasonably readable as long as you want to be.
Has TSP done anything to make you react like this?

This post confuses me greatliy
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

Alison

Post by Alison »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:08 am
Alison wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:07 am
nice pocket nanook
Did this last game too
Idk somewhere D1 I think, search for Epi
no relevant posts show up, I really can't find it
Alison

Post by Alison »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:10 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:09 am Nanook, whaddya like about Funnygurl?
Loose feeling entrance, scum are maybe a bit less likely to jokingly claim miller imo
She does this every game regardless of alignment. I've played a few games with her and I think she's null.

Remind me tomorrow and I’ll find it

Not pulling my computer back out tonight lulz
Alison

Post by Alison »

Wisp's push on nanook is really bad and JJJ's #269 and #270 are really bad.

[VOTE: JaggedJimmyJay] aubergine
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Alison wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:11 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 1:12 am @TonyStarkPrime

I'm sick of watching you suffer tragic losses. If you're a civilian, please do me a favor and make it as plain to me as possible. You don't have to play at the level of Game 7 if you don't have that in you right now, but please try to show me those goods. I think you're reasonably readable as long as you want to be.
Has TSP done anything to make you react like this?

This post confuses me greatliy
He has lost a crapload of games in recent memory despite lasting a while in them and often playing quite well. I want him motivated.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Alison wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:16 am Wisp's push on nanook is really bad and JJJ's #269 and #270 are really bad.

Why are those posts really bad?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

Alison wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:16 am Wisp's push on nanook is really bad and JJJ's #269 and #270 are really bad.

elaborate?
Alison

Post by Alison »

If I hadn't just finished the Space Invaders game with you I'd have voted you for this

Having fun is good but potatoing for the first three days hurts town and I ask you not to have your fun at the expense of others. Unless you're scum in which case potato away

Alison wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:14 am
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:10 am
She does this every game regardless of alignment. I've played a few games with her and I think she's null.
I’ve played with her too, her entrance felt townie to me 🤷‍♀️
Alison

Post by Alison »

Hally wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:19 am

elaborate?
It's unclear to me why Wisp is pushing nanook for not doing anything when plenty of other people haven't done anything either and it's well within standard nanook behavior to not do much, in the first ten pages of the game especially. Also even if you disregard that, nanook stating a soft lock town on Epi was probably more content than many other people in the game anyway.

#269 and #270 had really high levels of "look at me, I'm so town!" energy, which I generally associate with mafia. This is because mafia tends to be much more concerned with how they look to the rest of the town than a townie, and will be actively trying to make themselves look as town as possible. Of course town also has an incentive to try to appear as townie as possible but I think crafting a post specifically to try to exude that kind of energy is >rand mafia. The random jab at funnygurl felt really out of place as well.

Alison wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:19 am

If I hadn't just finished the Space Invaders game with you I'd have voted you for this

Having fun is good but potatoing for the first three days hurts town and I ask you not to have your fun at the expense of others. Unless you're scum in which case potato away
Ok, how have I potatoed

I have the start of a good towncore this game

Last game I was on scum literally every day I was alive

So throw insults if you want but I’m still good at the game, I just approach it differently 🤷‍♀️

Also, like, I HAVE done stuff, I have like five reads

And I’m confident in 3 or 4 of them

So meh 🤷‍♀️
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

I disagree, I don't see what you find objectionable in Jay's posts. It looks like standard Jay from where I'm sitting. I'm not saying it should give him a civ pass, but I don't understand where you are coming from. Please explain.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Alison wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:23 am #269 and #270 had really high levels of "look at me, I'm so town!" energy, which I generally associate with mafia. This is because mafia tends to be much more concerned with how they look to the rest of the town than a townie, and will be actively trying to make themselves look as town as possible. Of course town also has an incentive to try to appear as townie as possible but I think crafting a post specifically to try to exude that kind of energy is >rand mafia. The random jab at funnygurl felt really out of place as well.
Welcome to the JaggedJimmyJay Experience.

First stop: eliminating half the game from the suspect pool by the end of Day 1.

Next stop: sweet civilian victory

I don't give a shit about "appearances". I am completely serious. If you're a civilian then get the hell out of my POE pool please. :smile:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Alison

Post by Alison »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:23 am
Alison wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:19 am

Ok, how have I potatoed

I have the start of a good towncore this game

Last game I was on scum literally every day I was alive

So throw insults if you want but I’m still good at the game, I just approach it differently 🤷‍♀️
I don't think you've potato'd actually, you've generated content so far and I'm fine with your play up til now. I actually said that Wisp's push on you for not doing much was bad for that reason. But then you said you were just going to sheep if someone put you in a towncore which indicates to me a lack of desire to continue generating content which was what made me said that. If that wasn't what you meant then fine.
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

Alison wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:23 am
Hally wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:19 am

elaborate?
It's unclear to me why Wisp is pushing nanook for not doing anything when plenty of other people haven't done anything either and it's well within standard nanook behavior to not do much, in the first ten pages of the game especially. Also even if you disregard that, nanook stating a soft lock town on Epi was probably more content than many other people in the game anyway.

#269 and #270 had really high levels of "look at me, I'm so town!" energy, which I generally associate with mafia. This is because mafia tends to be much more concerned with how they look to the rest of the town than a townie, and will be actively trying to make themselves look as town as possible. Of course town also has an incentive to try to appear as townie as possible but I think crafting a post specifically to try to exude that kind of energy is >rand mafia. The random jab at funnygurl felt really out of place as well.
okay thanks

i actually understood what wisp was saying re: nanook differently. i think it went deeper than “not doing anything” but i’ll let him clarify himself

and i think those sorts of posts are probably NAI for jay just from what i’ve gathered of him as a player. but again, i’ll let him answer

Return to “Previous Jobs”