Total votes: 11
Alison
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 519
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Re: Jack Attack Mafia (Day 1)

Post by Alison »

Spacedaisy wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:25 am
Alison wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:16 am Wisp's push on nanook is really bad and JJJ's #269 and #270 are really bad.

[VOTE: JaggedJimmyJay] aubergine
I disagree, I don't see what you find objectionable in Jay's posts. It looks like standard Jay from where I'm sitting. I'm not saying it should give him a civ pass, but I don't understand where you are coming from. Please explain.
I already explained, see above.
There's nothing that says a fake can't surpass the real thing.
Alison

Post by Alison »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:25 am
Alison wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:23 am #269 and #270 had really high levels of "look at me, I'm so town!" energy, which I generally associate with mafia. This is because mafia tends to be much more concerned with how they look to the rest of the town than a townie, and will be actively trying to make themselves look as town as possible. Of course town also has an incentive to try to appear as townie as possible but I think crafting a post specifically to try to exude that kind of energy is >rand mafia. The random jab at funnygurl felt really out of place as well.
Welcome to the JaggedJimmyJay Experience.

First stop: eliminating half the game from the suspect pool by the end of Day 1.

Next stop: sweet civilian victory

I don't give a shit about "appearances". I am completely serious. If you're a civilian then get the hell out of my POE pool please. :smile:
This post doesn't do anything to change my read sorry
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 342
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

Alison wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:27 am
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:23 am
Alison wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:19 am
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:30 am Fwiw I have a couple real reads

And will otherwise be playing entirely to have fun cause I’ve had too many less than fun games recently and I refuse to be made to take this one seriously until, like, D4

Put me in the towncore and I’ll sheep
If I hadn't just finished the Space Invaders game with you I'd have voted you for this

Having fun is good but potatoing for the first three days hurts town and I ask you not to have your fun at the expense of others. Unless you're scum in which case potato away
Ok, how have I potatoed

I have the start of a good towncore this game

Last game I was on scum literally every day I was alive

So throw insults if you want but I’m still good at the game, I just approach it differently 🤷‍♀️
I don't think you've potato'd actually, you've generated content so far and I'm fine with your play up til now. I actually said that Wisp's push on you for not doing much was bad for that reason. But then you said you were just going to sheep if someone put you in a towncore which indicates to me a lack of desire to continue generating content which was what made me said that. If that wasn't what you meant then fine.
I don’t “generate content,” I meme and have fun and judge others on their content, and I’m usually pretty good at it.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 138

Post by Spacedaisy »

I see your explanation now Alison (for some reason stuff is getting missed in my linki) and yeah, that's just Jay.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Alison

Post by Alison »

So the thing is that when you say you'll sheep, that is generally interpreted as "blindly following someone's reads", and by extension the opposite of "judging others on their content"
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 997
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Alison wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:28 am This post doesn't do anything to change my read sorry
Groovy. Cool beans. You don't know me at all, and you're not the first to react this way at first exposure. You just do your thing and I'll be the judge.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Alison

Post by Alison »

huh I guess two people have spoken up and say this is just Jay's meta. Fine.

[VOTE: Wisp] aubergine

Alison wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:30 am So the thing is that when you say you'll sheep, that is generally interpreted as "blindly following someone's reads", and by extension the opposite of "judging others on their content"
I mean

Depends on how seriously you take that comment I suppose
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Wisp is significantly >rand town based on meta fwiw
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

My read on Nanook is reversing. Probably a civilian.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Hally
alien shapeshifter
Posts in topic: 800
Preferred Pronouns: they/them

Post by Hally »

meh, nanook actually is probably >rand town for getting upset at people saying he isnt doing stuff. i feel ~somewhat okay with this read at least for now

and im reluctant to go here because of how dominant a scum performance i just saw from alison but she actually already vibes differently to me than space invaders. i feel... eh about this read rn but it’s something maybe
ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image ImageImage

There’s that sweet sweet jay town read
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:32 am My read on Nanook is reversing. Probably a civilian.
i have been ninja’d :p

Maybe we should form our own council jay

We can call it the “I don’t think what you’re doing should work but it clearly does so ok I guess” council
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

General statement:

I know folks think the things I say and do are a "shtick" or something, but I hope we'll all at least look deeper than the surface appearances of whatever. Even if you think my behavior is "NAI", please take the substance of that play seriously.

I think we are off to a fantastic start, and my POE goal is very much attainable. So let's work together. That's something civilian teams have been doing too little of around here lately. And I'm supposed to be the galvanizing force that changes that. I mean to live up to that in this game if you'll have me. Game 6 of the champs tournament revealed to me some of the things I've lost sight of lately too; I had gotten away from some of the most important things that I do well. JJJ is back, and that means everyone on my team is my favorite human alive. Let's get it.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:35 am Maybe we should form our own council jay

We can call it the “I don’t think what you’re doing should work but it clearly does so ok I guess” council
Werd.

Werd.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

No take backsies
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

if im being as generous as i can i can call these people town

epi
jay
wisp
space
nanook
tony
alison
sabie

this already feels like too many town reads for this stage in the game, but that’s par for the course for me. i promise i’ll reevaluate at some point :p
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Hally wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:33 am and im reluctant to go here because of how dominant a scum performance i just saw from alison but she actually already vibes differently to me than space invaders. i feel... eh about this read rn but it’s something maybe
This is a read for which I expect to experience conflict. Even from the vantage point of a spoiled spectator in Space Invaders, I felt Alison made some very solid posts. So I am going to be leaning on the people that played in that game when it comes to interpreting her play. I'm not sure I'm going to have an easy time calling her a civilian otherwise.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Jay:

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:40 am
Hally wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:33 am and im reluctant to go here because of how dominant a scum performance i just saw from alison but she actually already vibes differently to me than space invaders. i feel... eh about this read rn but it’s something maybe
This is a read for which I expect to experience conflict. Even from the vantage point of a spoiled spectator in Space Invaders, I felt Alison made some very solid posts. So I am going to be leaning on the people that played in that game when it comes to interpreting her play. I'm not sure I'm going to have an easy time calling her a civilian otherwise.
yea im not even remotely confident i’ll be able to read her accurately but gotta try
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Hally wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:39 am if im being as generous as i can i can call these people town

epi
jay
wisp
space
nanook
tony
alison
sabie

this already feels like too many town reads for this stage in the game, but that’s par for the course for me. i promise i’ll reevaluate at some point :p
This would give you the Holy POE Pool of Seven. :noble:

I think our views of the game so far are closely aligned. I would express less confidence in Alison and Tony, but the day is very young.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Not to rain on the parade but don’t we need 9 for a winning POE?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Spacedaisy wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:41 am Jay:

They call me LeBron JJJames

or at least I wish they did

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:44 am Not to rain on the parade but don’t we need 9 for a winning POE?
In a 12 vs. 3 game with conventional night kills, a correct pool of seven suspects wins the game (4 mischops + 3 mafia).

That doesn't mean seven is correct here. But it's a good starting point. More civilians are always welcome. :biggrin:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:42 am
Hally wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:39 am if im being as generous as i can i can call these people town

epi
jay
wisp
space
nanook
tony
alison
sabie

This would give you the Holy POE Pool of Seven. :noble:

I think our views of the game so far are closely aligned. I would express less confidence in Alison and Tony, but the day is very young.
disclaimer that it’s very unlikely to be accurate and will need adjustment for sure. some people haven’t even posted yet. those are less hard and fast town reads and more “this is who has posted that i could call town if im being as charitable as i possibly can,” but as more people post and become townier obviously the bar will need raising
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

I lean good on Tony. It's his conditional statement that gives me that impression.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:46 am
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:44 am Not to rain on the parade but don’t we need 9 for a winning POE?
In a 12 vs. 3 game with conventional night kills, a correct pool of seven suspects wins the game (4 mischops + 3 mafia).

That doesn't mean seven is correct here. But it's a good starting point. More civilians are always welcome. :biggrin:
Ah I was assuming 11/4
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Hally wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:47 am disclaimer that it’s very unlikely to be accurate and will need adjustment for sure. some people haven’t even posted yet. those are less hard and fast town reads and more “this is who has posted that i could call town if im being as charitable as i possibly can,” but as more people post and become townier obviously the bar will need raising
Werd. What results from this arrangement is a POE pool with a few default zero posters, so we'll remain vigilant and strike that beautiful balance between "hand out candy town reads because you want them so bad" and "refuse to give anyone any slack because the game can't be that easy".

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

my process of sorting is kinda weird in that i typically start with too many town reads and then steadily raise the bar of towniness until the wolves fall out

i find it pretty hard a lot of the time to get scum reads i feel confident in so i focus on finding town early on instead

just in case its weird to anyone :p
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Hally wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:50 am my process of sorting is kinda weird in that i typically start with too many town reads and then steadily raise the bar of towniness until the wolves fall out

i find it pretty hard a lot of the time to get scum reads i feel confident in so i focus on finding town early on instead

I kind of dig it
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Alison

Post by Alison »

Hally wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:33 am meh, nanook actually is probably >rand town for getting upset at people saying he isnt doing stuff. i feel ~somewhat okay with this read at least for now

and im reluctant to go here because of how dominant a scum performance i just saw from alison but she actually already vibes differently to me than space invaders. i feel... eh about this read rn but it’s something maybe
Some people have told me that my tone varies wildly from game to game and others have told me that my tone is completely static and unreadable regardless of alignment. It's very strange.
Alison

Post by Alison »

Also I think that's a good point about nanook
Alison

Post by Alison »

The paranoia from Hally is probably towny? I was under suspicion for most of that game and slipped in my second post so I'm surprised to see Hally that paranoid, but I see she townread me in dead chat so maybe it's because of that.
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

[VOTE: sprityo] aubergine

i think thats how you spell it?
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

Alison wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:00 am The paranoia from Hally is probably towny? I was under suspicion for most of that game and slipped in my second post so I'm surprised to see Hally that paranoid, but I see she townread me in dead chat so maybe it's because of that.
im not sure you fully appreciate just how good your posting in that game was :p
Alison

Post by Alison »

omg I'm sorry I messed up your pronouns. I deeply apologize and didn't mean to misgender you Hally ><

and thanks for complimenting my play!
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

Alison wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:04 am omg I'm sorry I messed up your pronouns. I deeply apologize and didn't mean to misgender you Hally ><

and thanks for complimenting my play!
oh no worries! i dont mind whatever pronouns people wanna use, i just say they/them because some people find it easier if i pick one. she/hers is perfectly fine too!
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

ty for the concern though!
Alison

Post by Alison »

no worries! You're one of my favorite people to play with so I was worried, I'm glad everything is okay!
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Any town reads apart from Hally, Alison?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Alison

Post by Alison »

nanook. Still making up my mind about you.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

All of a sudden Spacedaisy is one of my top civilian reads. It's a "soul read" if you will, but I get a great sense of purity from dem posts.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Rao's marinara sauce tier -- I want this on my pasta at all times. Not eliminating.
Hally
Spacedaisy

Prego fresh mushroom sauce tier -- I may not necessarily be blown away, but it gets the job done. Not eliminating without being presented with a great reason.
Epignosis
Nanook
sabie12
TonyStarkPrime
Wisp

Plain spaghetti with no sauce tier -- This exists, and when you're starving with no alternatives it works I guess. Suspect pool.
ColinIsCool
KitsuShel

Mid's marinara sauce tier -- It's expensive and seems like it should be good, but something intangible doesn't work for me. I am conflicted. Suspect pool.
Alison

Ragu marinara sauce tier -- V8 tomato juice may have more substance. There are posts here, but none of them inspire any feeling in me. Suspect pool.
DrWilgy
Funnygurl555
Long Con
sprityo

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

sabie12
Maiden of Mischief
Posts in topic: 191
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/herself/they

Post by sabie12 »

Well I was close I said 300 and there were 200 posts while I was asleep but they were short so easy to read through. I found allison hard to read before and I'll have to try to get better at that.
I like Jay's sauce analysis of the game so far.
Hally wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 3:50 am my process of sorting is kinda weird in that i typically start with too many town reads and then steadily raise the bar of towniness until the wolves fall out

I don't think this is weird if sounds like what I do sometimes too.
Sometimes life does seem all planned out, like there's no choice in the matter. But that's just an illusion.
~Darren Shan~
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 372
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:52 am
Hally wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 2:48 am i will say though, for someone that claims to not care how people read you, you... seem to care quite a bit from how you react to suspiscion
I don’t recall claiming I don’t care how people read me?

I broadly don’t react to “prodding to do something” votes, but I do get irritated sometimes when people have bad reads on me for certain reasons. Chief amongst those reasons is what amounts to “I don’t like how you play so you must be mafia,” it’s very irritating. I’m genuinely not that hard to read most games.

I also dislike the “lol nanook does nothing” narrative that people push sometimes, in game and out, it’s fucking annoying and not generally true.
Can I get this post tattooed on my back?
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief

Post by sabie12 »

LC your nightmare stuff sounds truly horrifying. My nightmares always seem to be about an animal attacking me
Sometimes life does seem all planned out, like there's no choice in the matter. But that's just an illusion.
~Darren Shan~
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

sabie12 wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:43 am LC your nightmare stuff sounds truly horrifying. My nightmares always seem to be about an animal attacking me
Also scary. Do you believe all the Miller claims? If they're all true, then the scum team is going to have an easy time picking off power roles, if there are any.
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief

Post by sabie12 »

Long Con wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:49 am
sabie12 wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 7:43 am LC your nightmare stuff sounds truly horrifying. My nightmares always seem to be about an animal attacking me
Also scary. Do you believe all the Miller claims? If they're all true, then the scum team is going to have an easy time picking off power roles, if there are any.
I believe it is easy to just say hey I'm a miller and then try to slide by on that. Hally may be genuine as they were the first but any others following are iffy I don't know. Do you?
~Darren Shan~
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

There could be a wolf in there, who knows? I believe Hally and Tony.

Return to “Previous Jobs”