I don't give a hee ho (host/dead/non)
36%

Total votes: 11
ColinIsCool
Hitman
Posts in topic: 170

Re: Jack Attack Mafia (Night 2)

Post by ColinIsCool »

Any time I log onto this site with 3+ notifications it fills me with a deep, deep dread
Alison
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 519
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Alison »

Hally wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:23 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 6:38 am To be frank:

Until Tony provides a coherent explanation for "Pawn is 3P oh wait nevermind nope", I am considering him outed.

Not suspicious. Outed.
i struggle to believe tony slips that badly but it certainly needs to be explained better than he has so far
why not?

I slipped in my second post in space invaders by saying "they" instead of "us" when referring to the bunkers
There's nothing that says a fake can't surpass the real thing.
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Hally wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:12 amcolin has claimed miller so we can vig or yeet him ig
You guys know you need civs around to win the game, right? Or do y’all do things differently?
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

nutella wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:16 am
Hally wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:14 am where was the scum kill N1 though if nanook was the sk shot and fg was the vig shot
maybe it was blocked or doctored?
I’m a role blocker and I haven’t used my ability.
Alison

Post by Alison »

ColinIsCool wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:46 am
Hally wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:12 amcolin has claimed miller so we can vig or yeet him ig
You guys know you need civs around to win the game, right? Or do y’all do things differently?
we are doing POE

we assemble a list of players we think have all or most of the scum in it, and just shoot them all

we will kill some civillians for sure but hopefully also kill most of the scum in the process
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 2:15 am
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 1:35 am yeah that's right. I wasn't really thinking about it.
Tony's mafia. His "suspicion" of me has been vague horseshit all game long. He can hardly stick a random take into the thread without immediately pulling back on it. He has no real opinions of anything.

Each of you out there: I challenge you to tell me what TonyStarkPrime's read is on you -- not what takes he has given on assorted posts, but what his read is.
It’s been back and forth all game, not sure why he scumread me in the first place though.
Hally
alien shapeshifter
Posts in topic: 800
Preferred Pronouns: they/them

Post by Hally »

Alison wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:46 am
Hally wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:23 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 6:38 am To be frank:

Until Tony provides a coherent explanation for "Pawn is 3P oh wait nevermind nope", I am considering him outed.

Not suspicious. Outed.
i struggle to believe tony slips that badly but it certainly needs to be explained better than he has so far
why not?

I slipped in my second post in space invaders by saying "they" instead of "us" when referring to the bunkers
yea, but that was a simple mistake that’s easy to do accidentally

tony’s was like “time to divulge this info that only i as scum would know send post.” there’s nothing that looks accidental about that. he clearly meant to write it so it can’t be a “slip” per se. the question is why does he ever intentionally write that as a wolf

the part that makes it look worse is actually the retraction immediately after but like

overall the existence of those posts just makes no sense for tony to write as either alignment but ig it makes more sense to write it as a wolf?

so in that sense ig it is a “slip”
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image ImageImage
KitsuShel
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 174
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by KitsuShel »

Alison wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 8:48 am according to the rules of the game (listed on the first page), all the scum are already given fake claims. if wisp is scum they do not need to go to extra effort to obtain fake claims - they will have one given to them by the host.

if wisp and LC are on a team together, then hally wouldn't have detected wisp investigating LC's role. so none of those possibilities are likely.
6) Anti town players get fake claims if applicable.

That’s doesn’t say they definitely get one in this game, just that’s it’s a possibility. I usually stay by thinking that nothing is set in stone until I see it in black and white. 🤷🏻‍♀️
Alison

Post by Alison »

have we considered that there's no vig?

kill + clean seems more in line with something a mafia would do than something a town role would do. it's possible that SK shot nanook and mafia shot FG.if we think about it from the perspective of a mafia member, denying the FG flip to us is powerful (which is why hally was so upset about it). and, if FG is town, they have to nightkill her at some point to win since she can't be exed. this suggests that mafia wanted to wipe away FG's role with the janitor while there was maximum uncertainty as to what alignment she is. they could easily have feared her coming back into the thread and obvtowning it up, or being investigated by someone, at which point they would have lost the opportunity to deny town major information by wiping the evidence away.

the more I think about it, the more I think it's plausible that mafia strategically killed FG to deny us information. which would mean FG is town, although I have already argued we should assume she is regardless
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

ColinIsCool wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:47 am
Hally wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:14 am where was the scum kill N1 though if nanook was the sk shot and fg was the vig shot
why not
Alison

Post by Alison »

also, think about it this way. if FG was shot by a vig, it means the mafia was either doctored or roleblocked. we know it's not colin, since he said he's holstered every night. this means that the game setup has: a vig, a role cop, a normal cop, a voyeur, and either a doctor or a roleblocker (most likely a doctor or the roleblocker would have claimed to out maf). that is a metric ton of power to grant town. if we assume the vig doesn't exist, then the doctor doesn't have to exist as well, and town's power role ratio seems to be much more reasonable/realistic.
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

So if I do get lynched pay close attention to the way Tony is gunning after me
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:12 am I'll tell you that I'm going to come to the conclusion that Colin has high scum equity and fits in all the most common teams. I've pointed to posts that align him with Alison, I think he's potentially aligned with you. He's less aligned with Epi, though that's more the case with the spot that Nutella currently occupies.
Does a scum Tony who knows I’m not his teammate gun after me so hard knowing it’s a folly? Only way it seems to make sense to me is if he’s in panic mode and just needs to keep stringing phases together. Maybe that’s where the scumteam is at, maybe not, but remember this whole thing if I get lynched and he outlives me.
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

Alison wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:54 am have we considered that there's no vig?

kill + clean seems more in line with something a mafia would do than something a town role would do. it's possible that SK shot nanook and mafia shot FG.if we think about it from the perspective of a mafia member, denying the FG flip to us is powerful (which is why hally was so upset about it). and, if FG is town, they have to nightkill her at some point to win since she can't be exed. this suggests that mafia wanted to wipe away FG's role with the janitor while there was maximum uncertainty as to what alignment she is. they could easily have feared her coming back into the thread and obvtowning it up, or being investigated by someone, at which point they would have lost the opportunity to deny town major information by wiping the evidence away.

the more I think about it, the more I think it's plausible that mafia strategically killed FG to deny us information. which would mean FG is town, although I have already argued we should assume she is regardless
it’s possible

i can say with certainty that my priority N1 if i was a wolf would not have been killing fg but other people aren’t me

the reason we thought vig shot i think was because jack daw seems more like a vigilante as a character
Alison

Post by Alison »

KitsuShel wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:54 am
Alison wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 8:48 am according to the rules of the game (listed on the first page), all the scum are already given fake claims. if wisp is scum they do not need to go to extra effort to obtain fake claims - they will have one given to them by the host.

if wisp and LC are on a team together, then hally wouldn't have detected wisp investigating LC's role. so none of those possibilities are likely.

That’s doesn’t say they definitely get one in this game, just that’s it’s a possibility. I usually stay by thinking that nothing is set in stone until I see it in black and white. 🤷🏻‍♀️
i think it is sensible to assume that jack would just give scum players a fake claim rather than some far fetched theory of having a scum role cop so they can steal role cards to fake claim... especially since they can't even claim those role cards or they'll get counterclaimed :P
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

we know now that characters do tie into alignments because genocide jack is a serial killer and so was pawn
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Hally wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:55 am
why not
I didn’t use it N1 because I didn’t feel confident about actually hitting an anti-town player (both in terms of my own reads and the numbers) and thought it was more likely I’d block a helpful role. I don’t like to use role blocks until later in the game generally. Haven’t used it yet tonight and coming out kinda makes me an easy target for an anti-town role, but if there’s any way we can engineer an info role to figure me out via my night action, that would help narrow the POE.
Alison

Post by Alison »

Hally wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:58 am
Alison wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:54 am have we considered that there's no vig?

it’s possible

i can say with certainty that my priority N1 if i was a wolf would not have been killing fg but other people aren’t me

the reason we thought vig shot i think was because jack daw seems more like a vigilante as a character
if I was a wolf in this game? I don't know who I'd shoot. it would depend heavily on my teammates - in a vacuum I'd just shoot whoever is in the towncore and not part of my team lol. probably I would have shot nanook or something.

but still, if I can sit here and think that it's plausible for the wolf team to want to shoot FG, and also prove that there are concrete benefits from shooting FG on night 1, then we have to take it seriously into account. furthermore, i have argued that power role balance probably means we don't have vig + doctor in addition to all the cops already in the game. so occam's razor really is just that mafia shot + cleaned FG, which is a very mafia effect to have (cleaning a corpse). note that "you don't flip on death" is not really a thematic effect for jack sparrow or an unexcutable role to have.
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

Alison wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:57 am also, think about it this way. if FG was shot by a vig, it means the mafia was either doctored or roleblocked. we know it's not colin, since he said he's holstered every night. this means that the game setup has: a vig, a role cop, a normal cop, a voyeur, and either a doctor or a roleblocker (most likely a doctor or the roleblocker would have claimed to out maf). that is a metric ton of power to grant town. if we assume the vig doesn't exist, then the doctor doesn't have to exist as well, and town's power role ratio seems to be much more reasonable/realistic.
i’m willing to bet that’s not all the powers town has

i think everyone has a power this game or a role of some sort

this is why i was like scum probably have a godfather who can fool wisp

if town is this high powered scum must have some crazy stuff to balance it
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

ColinIsCool wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:00 am
why not
I didn’t use it N1 because I didn’t feel confident about actually hitting an anti-town player (both in terms of my own reads and the numbers) and thought it was more likely I’d block a helpful role. I don’t like to use role blocks until later in the game generally. Haven’t used it yet tonight and coming out kinda makes me an easy target for an anti-town role, but if there’s any way we can engineer an info role to figure me out via my night action, that would help narrow the POE.
you don’t have to use it i think

not really sure why you outed if you have no info
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

normally i’d consider maybe nanook was double tapped but the flavor doesn’t seem to indicate that? so probably not
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Alison wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:41 am as I believe colin is one od the most appealing exes next day phase
My ex would disagree with you there :(
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Hally wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:03 am
ColinIsCool wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:00 am
why not
you don’t have to use it i think

not really sure why you outed if you have no info
:shrug: Feels like I’m about to get fucked up by the town pretty soon so to spare a wasted lynch I’m putting all I got out there.
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Alison wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 6:18 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 6:05 am A mafioso Colin might have also meant to pocket Alison with that initial "top town read" judgment.
he must have a really bad understanding of my personality if he believes that I am the kind of person who townreads someone just because they townread me
I literally don’t know you at all! :grin:
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Alison wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 6:27 am oh hey, speaking of colin's "top town read" on me. where did that go? I totally forgot he had it, and my last interactions with him have not felt like I was talking to someone who reads me as town the most out of everyone in the game.

@ColinIsCool what happened to that read on me?
I stopped being able to see the logic in your posts when you decided you wanted my head mounted on your wall and kept using a very weird reason (my post to Jay)
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

what if colin isn’t scum

i can’t say i feel that strongly that he is even though i see the points others are raising

they don’t particularly move me ig and he comes off pretty genuine to me
KitsuShel
Stool Pigeon

Post by KitsuShel »

Alison wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:58 am
KitsuShel wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:54 am

i think it is sensible to assume that jack would just give scum players a fake claim rather than some far fetched theory of having a scum role cop so they can steal role cards to fake claim... especially since they can't even claim those role cards or they'll get counterclaimed :P
I get that, and I’m definitely leaning that way. I just want to keep an open mind. When you straight lock yourself into something, it doesn’t leave much room for leeway if things go sideways down the line. =)
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

that being said, finding three scum gets pretty hard if colin isn’t one
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Hally wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:13 am that being said, finding three scum gets pretty hard if colin isn’t one
This is a concern that you all should be feeling!!!!!!
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Tbh 3 scum feels like a lot though. Have we definitively said FG isn’t one? Because NANOOK’s death seems like a logical scum-NK to me
Millium
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 520

Post by Millium »

ok what did I miss during the night?
Whether we live or die isn’t a big issue. If you focus on being alive, you develop fear.
Your eyes get clouded. But if you have no such feelings…
you are capable of fighting right to the end of the world.
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief
Posts in topic: 191
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/herself/they

Post by sabie12 »

ColinIsCool wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:19 am Tbh 3 scum feels like a lot though. Have we definitively said FG isn’t one? Because NANOOK’s death seems like a logical scum-NK to me
Based on how the post was worded it appeared ad though pawn was the one who killed nanook. Unless jack was super messing with us.
Sometimes life does seem all planned out, like there's no choice in the matter. But that's just an illusion.
~Darren Shan~
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief

Post by sabie12 »

ColinIsCool wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:07 am
Alison wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:41 am as I believe colin is one od the most appealing exes next day phase
I was going to say something about it but I figured her phone or device must be auto correcting axes to exes for some reason haha.
Sometimes life does seem all planned out, like there's no choice in the matter. But that's just an illusion.
~Darren Shan~
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

sabie12 wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:32 am
ColinIsCool wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:19 am Tbh 3 scum feels like a lot though. Have we definitively said FG isn’t one? Because NANOOK’s death seems like a logical scum-NK to me
Based on how the post was worded it appeared ad though pawn was the one who killed nanook. Unless jack was super messing with us.
Ah. Well then. :ponder:
KitsuShel
Stool Pigeon

Post by KitsuShel »

There’s no way of knowing that since the flip was janitored. I definitely got a scum vibe towards EOD, though.
Millium
Loan Shark

Post by Millium »

[mention]ColinIsCool[/mention]
reminds Colin how strong my ability is, checking you is not useless for me at least
but I also do not believe you decided as town that roleblocking was bad, it just feels theatrical to look townie, "I didnt want to hurt town"
Whether we live or die isn’t a big issue. If you focus on being alive, you develop fear.
KitsuShel
Stool Pigeon

Post by KitsuShel »

KitsuShel wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:39 am
There’s no way of knowing that since the flip was janitored. I definitely got a scum vibe towards EOD, though.
Referring to the FG part fo the question.

Sorry for the quick post, I’m at work checking between orders, lol.
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief

Post by sabie12 »

So if wisp sees entire role cards then if he checks a miller would it show they are a miller or just show if there was another power and then a wrong alignment?
~Darren Shan~
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 372
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

sabie12 wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:36 am
I was going to say something about it but I figured her phone or device must be auto correcting axes to exes for some reason haha.
I think it's short for "execute" or "executions".
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

sabie12 wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:41 am So if wisp sees entire role cards then if he checks a miller would it show they are a miller or just show if there was another power and then a wrong alignment?
We can only have theories at this point.
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief

Post by sabie12 »

Long Con wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:42 am
sabie12 wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:36 am
I think it's short for "execute" or "executions".
Ohhh that makes more sense. I'm not up on all the new fangled terms the kids are using these days.
~Darren Shan~
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Wisp wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:41 am @ColinIsCool
reminds Colin how strong my ability is, checking you is not useless for me at least
but I also do not believe you decided as town that roleblocking was bad, it just feels theatrical to look townie, "I didnt want to hurt town"
I’m fairly confident that I haven’t used a night-power role to actually help the town in like ... 10 years. I don’t trust myself.
Millium
Loan Shark

Post by Millium »

Pawn pretty much town sided with his kill then did nothing with it

in regards to Funny
1. Her EoD was wolfy
2. Her calling LC town, her counter train, was townie as shit, and super bad if she was a wolf
3. 2 gets completely invalidated because she was apparently lynchproof?...
Millium
Loan Shark

Post by Millium »

ColinIsCool wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:43 am
I’m fairly confident that I haven’t used a night-power role to actually help the town in like ... 10 years. I don’t trust myself.
ok boomer
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

4. The 15 minutes early thing makes fully knowing her desired outcome difficult
ColinIsCool
Hitman

Post by ColinIsCool »

Wisp wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:44 am
ok boomer
I will have you know I played my first game of Mafia 15 years ago and I am somehow worse than I was when I was ten :pout:
KitsuShel
Stool Pigeon

Post by KitsuShel »

Hally wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:01 am i’m willing to bet that’s not all the powers town has

i think everyone has a power this game or a role of some sort

this is why i was like scum probably have a godfather who can fool wisp

if town is this high powered scum must have some crazy stuff to balance it
I’m willing to guess that everyone has a power, until someone steps up and says they’re vanilla.
Millium
Loan Shark

Post by Millium »

ColinIsCool wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:45 am
Wisp wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:44 am
ok boomer
I will have you know I played my first game of Mafia 15 years ago and I am somehow worse than I was when I was ten :pout:
wait I'm older than u...
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief

Post by sabie12 »

Wisp wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:43 am Pawn pretty much town sided with his kill then did nothing with it

in regards to Funny
1. Her EoD was wolfy
2. Her calling LC town, her counter train, was townie as shit, and super bad if she was a wolf
But the post suggested that Pawn killed nanook who was town.
~Darren Shan~
Millium
Loan Shark

Post by Millium »

sabie12 wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:48 am
Wisp wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:43 am Pawn pretty much town sided with his kill then did nothing with it

in regards to Funny
1. Her EoD was wolfy
I am not talking about Nanook in the slightest
I know what the flavor says about Nanook's death
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief

Post by sabie12 »

Wisp wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:50 am
sabie12 wrote: Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:48 am

in regards to Funny
1. Her EoD was wolfy
I am not talking about Nanook in the slightest
I know what the flavor says about Nanook's death
Maybe I misunderstood your post then. I thought you were saying pawn killed fg. Do you think Jack is messing with us and the wording is misleading on purpose?
~Darren Shan~

Return to “Previous Jobs”