Host/dead/non
64%

Total votes: 14
tutuu
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 282

Re: Amdibals at the Zoo! [Day 1]

Post by tutuu »

if im wrong on 112 being town and shes mafia im probably wrong on mostly everything. i dont think 112 would be mafia with nutella/alison. so the mafia team would be something very level 1 like 112 + uhhhh ... turnip head plus someone else

if im right on 112 being town and i had a dayvig id shoot nutella or alison right now
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 36

Post by 112 »

Amy and tutuu are both involved in the game in a way I wouldn't expect they could create as scum- townleans there still.

Urist seems to be coasting a little bit and isn't offering too much of substance, but I like their tone and they seem to be inside a cocoon of genuine uncertainty around the gamestate. I maintain my townlean.

Colin is way on the outskirts of things, dropping in to comment little bits here and there without much solving actions. I think he's a good person to put under the microscope.
Loan Shark

Post by 112 »

nutella is p towny and just wrong on her read of me

I read her correctly in the last game I played with her where she was scum and feel good about her here
Alison
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 246
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Alison »

tutuu wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:03 am have u seen his scum game alison?

i asked u about ur read on him earlier, i only now saw u have him at bottom of ur top townreads.

if i had a townread u i would definitely have him higher. i guess im still tunneling that initial post thingy which i perceived as scum filler. i did like his posts after that.

idk about 112 ive never played with her before nor have i heard of her. i just thought she looked towny. (for the same reasons i listed when i gave the townread)
I explained my read on 112: the entrance was weirdly reluctant to engage with people and the way they approached people scumreading them was dismissive and defensive.

I'm a little bothered by the ratio of the strength of your reads to the strength of your evidence backing those reads. You see a player who you know is largely unruffled by exciting things happening in thread not respond strongly to someone else offhandedly calling her boring, and you theorize that they're scum together distancing each other. Do you think nutella wouldn't call my posts boring if she was town? Do you think I would react strongly as town? Why is this a distancey post anyway given that nutella isn't actually calling me scum?

What evidence do you have that proto is 100% sure on how D0 works? Why would scum!proto pretend not to know how D0 works? Do you really think the player that writes a thesis paper every game has trouble finding things to say to appear present in the thread as scum? Note: you're self-admittedly "tunnelling proto" based on this scum filler read, to the point where you've mentioned that there's a good chance you're just ignoring other posts he's made that are town-indicative.

Help me get there on this weirdly confident tone you have when it comes to these reads. Strong reads based on small things would be in-character for someone like nanook, but I don't think you're nanook, especially with what you said earlier about not trusting early scumreads.
There's nothing that says a fake can't surpass the real thing.
Alison

Post by Alison »

tutuu wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:06 am if im wrong on 112 being town and shes mafia im probably wrong on mostly everything. i dont think 112 would be mafia with nutella/alison. so the mafia team would be something very level 1 like 112 + uhhhh ... turnip head plus someone else

if im right on 112 being town and i had a dayvig id shoot nutella or alison right now
Why is 112 at all incompatible with me and nutella?

Also "I would shoot nutella/Alison as a dayvig" is a horrendous take and I'm no longer townreading you
Alison

Post by Alison »

112 wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:09 am Amy and tutuu are both involved in the game in a way I wouldn't expect they could create as scum- townleans there still.

Urist seems to be coasting a little bit and isn't offering too much of substance, but I like their tone and they seem to be inside a cocoon of genuine uncertainty around the gamestate. I maintain my townlean.

Colin is way on the outskirts of things, dropping in to comment little bits here and there without much solving actions. I think he's a good person to put under the microscope.
FWIW I think this is NAI for Colin since I've incorrectly read him as scum in a couple of games for doing exactly this. Obviously it doesn't make him town because he can do this as scum too, but it certainly isn't a scumtell.
Loan Shark

Post by 112 »

someone called tenthousandcalories obvious town but i didn't like the only post i remember from that slot

who was it and why are they obvtown?
Loan Shark

Post by 112 »

Alison wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:14 am
112 wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:09 am Amy and tutuu are both involved in the game in a way I wouldn't expect they could create as scum- townleans there still.

FWIW I think this is NAI for Colin since I've incorrectly read him as scum in a couple of games for doing exactly this. Obviously it doesn't make him town because he can do this as scum too, but it certainly isn't a scumtell.
Fair.

I've played with him before and he does seem a little more reserved than even what I remember, but he's not too far off his meta that it locks him or anything.
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Alison wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:12 am

i asked u about ur read on him earlier, i only now saw u have him at bottom of ur top townreads.

if i had a townread u i would definitely have him higher. i guess im still tunneling that initial post thingy which i perceived as scum filler. i did like his posts after that.

idk about 112 ive never played with her before nor have i heard of her. i just thought she looked towny. (for the same reasons i listed when i gave the townread)
I explained my read on 112: the entrance was weirdly reluctant to engage with people and the way they approached people scumreading them was dismissive and defensive.

I'm a little bothered by the ratio of the strength of your reads to the strength of your evidence backing those reads. You see a player who you know is largely unruffled by exciting things happening in thread not respond strongly to someone else offhandedly calling her boring, and you theorize that they're scum together distancing each other. Do you think nutella wouldn't call my posts boring if she was town? Do you think I would react strongly as town? Why is this a distancey post anyway given that nutella isn't actually calling me scum?

What evidence do you have that proto is 100% sure on how D0 works? Why would scum!proto pretend not to know how D0 works? Do you really think the player that writes a thesis paper every game has trouble finding things to say to appear present in the thread as scum? Note: you're self-admittedly "tunnelling proto" based on this scum filler read, to the point where you've mentioned that there's a good chance you're just ignoring other posts he's made that are town-indicative.

Help me get there on this weirdly confident tone you have when it comes to these reads. Strong reads based on small things would be in-character for someone like nanook, but I don't think you're nanook, especially with what you said earlier about not trusting early scumreads.
i meant proto (re: have u seen his scum game) not 112

yes i dont think nutella would call your posts boring if she was town

maybe im wrong to think u would react strongly as town

i think its distancey because its something ive seen scum do and ive done as well. be a little bit rude to their teammates as to make it seem like they're "fighting" sort of. doesnt need a scumread

in last game proto showed evidence (imo) that he understood how d0 works. i was surprised he forgot, so i thought it was scum struggling to fill up the thread with a post.

i ... am not sure what to say about my tone? it is my genuine tone, these are my reads, i have expressed doubts and i am not telling anyone to sheep me as u can see
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Alison wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:13 am
tutuu wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:06 am if im wrong on 112 being town and shes mafia im probably wrong on mostly everything. i dont think 112 would be mafia with nutella/alison. so the mafia team would be something very level 1 like 112 + uhhhh ... turnip head plus someone else

Also "I would shoot nutella/Alison as a dayvig" is a horrendous take and I'm no longer townreading you
because i didnt think u would both start bussing her
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

112 wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:15 am someone called tenthousandcalories obvious town but i didn't like the only post i remember from that slot

it was a misunderstanding between me and carotte, turns out nobody is townreading 10k calories
TonyStarkPrime
Posts in topic: 126
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

this interests me for reasons I can’t quite dictate
Alison

Post by Alison »

tutuu wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:19 am

There's 0 chance you count me out as a mafia teammate with 112 just because I pushed her after what happened in Space Invaders.
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Alison wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:20 am

There's 0 chance you count me out as a mafia teammate with 112 just because I pushed her after what happened in Space Invaders.
i count out nutella and in my mind ur only scum with nutella i havent thought about other worlds yet
Alison

Post by Alison »

tutuu wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:18 am yes i dont think nutella would call your posts boring if she was town
why
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Alison wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:21 am
tutuu wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:18 am yes i dont think nutella would call your posts boring if she was town
why
because its very out of line with her character based off of my perception of her
Loan Shark

Post by 112 »

112 wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:15 am someone called tenthousandcalories obvious town but i didn't like the only post i remember from that slot

it was a misunderstanding between me and carotte, turns out nobody is townreading 10k calories
thanks

[VOTE: TenThousandCalories] aubergine
Alison

Post by Alison »

tutuu wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:23 am
why
because its very out of line with her character based off of my perception of her
elaborate more on this perception please
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Alison wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:23 am
why
elaborate more on this perception please
i do not perceive nutella as someone who talks banter to people unless shes friends with them and i didnt notice you becoming friends
Loan Shark

Post by 112 »

why
not a fan of this answer

what's your perception of her?
Alison

Post by Alison »

What is the basis of this perception about nutella? This is a very weirdly specific read.

Also nutella indicated she was dropping a "truth bomb" so I don't understand why you think it's banter rather than just a straightforward observation about my play.
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Alison wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:25 am What is the basis of this perception about nutella? This is a very weirdly specific read.

Also nutella indicated she was dropping a "truth bomb" so I don't understand why you think it's banter rather than just a straightforward observation about my play.
the basis of this perception about nutella is literally ... how i perceive nutella. like... ?

"truth bomb" is synonymous with banter
Loan Shark

Post by 112 »

Loan Shark

Post by 112 »

tbh i think you're really stretching things with that read tutuu
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

its possible!
Alison

Post by Alison »

willing to believe this is just a bad reach and not some made up scum narrative

"I would dayvig nutella/alison right now" is still horrible
Urist
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 124

Post by Urist »

I do have a slight townread on the poohbear but it's nothing to write home about
Loan Shark

Post by 112 »

Alison wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:36 am willing to believe this is just a bad reach and not some made up scum narrative

I think it's horrible in that it's probably not the right play, but I don't think it's horrible in the sense that tutuu's significantly more likely to flip scum for it.
Alison

Post by Alison »

tutuu wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:27 am
Alison wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:25 am What is the basis of this perception about nutella? This is a very weirdly specific read.

the basis of this perception about nutella is literally ... how i perceive nutella. like... ?

"truth bomb" is synonymous with banter
I was asking you about the basis of your perception here. For a perception to develop in your mind, you must first be exposed to behavior or observations that would cause this perception to be developed.

For example, "I perceive proto to be a player that won't struggle with finding things to say" was an argument I used against you claiming proto's post was scum filler. The basis of this perception is the observation that proto frequently has lots of things to say and detailed analyses to make every game. This suggests that proto isn't a player who feels compelled to insert filler statements into his posts just to make himself look good.

I want to know what part of nutella's behavior, stated beliefs, observations, etc. caused this very specific perception of nutella, because I'm not really seeing it.
Urist
Loan Shark

Post by Urist »

tutuu wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:27 am "truth bomb" is synonymous with banter
i thought a truth bomb was a synonym for a hard-to-swallow fact.
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

alright, i understand what you meant now

sorry but im not gonna write an essay about it. i think enough energy was spent about this topic
Urist
Loan Shark

Post by Urist »

also to whomever said i was coasting:
yes, that is accurate. but also i have to actually do work today unfortunately, something about my code bringing down our entire ci stack last night idk
tedxtr
:wiz:
Posts in topic: 113
Location: some place where people retire from normals (maybe)
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by tedxtr »

Urist wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:41 am also to whomever said i was coasting:
yes, that is accurate. but also i have to actually do work today unfortunately, something about my code bringing down our entire ci stack last night idk
dk what that means but sounds star trek-y
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 27
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

MacDougall wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:34 am TH can you do town things for me. I wanna love u.
Urist
Loan Shark

Post by Urist »

112 wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:38 am
Alison wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:36 am willing to believe this is just a bad reach and not some made up scum narrative

I think it's horrible in that it's probably not the right play, but I don't think it's horrible in the sense that tutuu's significantly more likely to flip scum for it.
tutuu has said she doesn't have high confidence in her scum reads so idk why she'd think dayvigging someone is a good idea if she's town
Alison

Post by Alison »

112 wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:38 am

I think tutuu would be more likely to be cautious about shooting experienced players who could prove to be significant assets to town if they are town, based on a single D0 read that she herself admits could easily be overthought. There are some players who are trigger-happy enough to blow away anyone they dislike, but I don't see tutuu as someone who would go rogue that hard. tutuu is also broadly concerned about making sure that people in the game like her and have fun in the game, and this is at odds with killing someone off the bat on a snap read D0 - a belligerent act that would surely run contrary to this self-image and would likely cause people to be severely annoyed with and dislike her if she was wrong (because it's bad play and everyone knows it).

In other words, I have severe doubts that this is a legitimate thought that tutuu would have as town, and think there's a decent chance that it's made up, perhaps to give off the false impression of conviction in one's reads, or attempting to come off as being tunnelled (and thus not as accountable for bad pushes), or simply to justify the strong tone she held in previous posts, which I suggested was largely incompatible with the actual evidence she puts forward for those reads.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

I will be voting Carotenoid for the overeager use of exclamation marks when addressing other amdibals
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

i probably wouldnt have actually shot either of you if i had a gun. i wanted to voice my scumread in a fun to read way.
Urist
Loan Shark

Post by Urist »

Turnip Head wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:44 am
MacDougall wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:34 am TH can you do town things for me. I wanna love u.
is this photoshopped? the shadows look weird
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

[VOTE: Carotenoid ] aubergine
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

i think alison's last post is towny. maybe it really is something very level 1 like 112 + turnip head + 10k calories
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

i honestly feel like if we just chilled - we'd make a better environment for town

but we're already off to a bad start

none of the tutuu scum arguments makes me move the needle either way

one in mac / nutella might be wolf which would mean I'd have to drop my slank / meme shtick and push there which is a total drag
ImageImageImageImage
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

[VOTE: Turnip Head] aubergine
Alison

Post by Alison »

tedxtr wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:49 am one in mac / nutella might be wolf which would mean I'd have to drop my slank / meme shtick and push there which is a total drag
You've got my interest. Talk to me about this.
Alison

Post by Alison »

Also [VOTE: Turnip Head] aubergine
Urist
Loan Shark

Post by Urist »

tedxtr wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:43 am
Urist wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:41 am also to whomever said i was coasting:
dk what that means but sounds star trek-y
to put it in star trek terms, "ay capn, she's taken one too manny hits, she cannae take i' any longah!"
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Alison wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:45 am There are some players who are trigger-happy enough to blow away anyone they dislike, but I don't see tutuu as someone who would go rogue that hard. tutuu is also broadly concerned about making sure that people in the game like her and have fun in the game, and this is at odds with killing someone off the bat on a snap read D0 - a belligerent act that would surely run contrary to this self-image and would likely cause people to be severely annoyed with and dislike her if she was wrong (because it's bad play and everyone knows it).
also all of this is true but i literally faked a red peek on a town last game. something something cant control impulses / self destructive risk taking behavior due to some bad stuff about me etc etc. maybe i really would have shot u idk. thank god i dont have a gun. mountainous goat
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

Alison wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:51 am
tedxtr wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:49 am one in mac / nutella might be wolf which would mean I'd have to drop my slank / meme shtick and push there which is a total drag
You've got my interest. Talk to me about this.
I think nutella hasn't shown any town trait and I didn't like her town read on proto, nor her read on me as that's kind of NAI behaviour for me - she's town reading "lhf" for very weak reasoning which she has shown in other scum games that it seems to be her MO mostly

I also think Mac's opening post reads are okay in a vacuum, in the sense that town can also do it but from personal experience, they are more reliable when it comes to scum reads rather than town reads ; so him (presumably) town reading Nutella just for that when she's experienced enough is maybe TMI-y

that's why I'm kinda stuck in between the two
ImageImageImageImage
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

I think the mac read is lame but I kinda like the nutella one more and find it more reliable
ImageImageImageImage
Loan Shark

Post by 112 »

tutuu wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:57 am
Alison wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 10:45 am There are some players who are trigger-happy enough to blow away anyone they dislike, but I don't see tutuu as someone who would go rogue that hard. tutuu is also broadly concerned about making sure that people in the game like her and have fun in the game, and this is at odds with killing someone off the bat on a snap read D0 - a belligerent act that would surely run contrary to this self-image and would likely cause people to be severely annoyed with and dislike her if she was wrong (because it's bad play and everyone knows it).
also all of this is true but i literally faked a red peek on a town last game. something something cant control impulses / self destructive risk taking behavior due to some bad stuff about me etc etc. maybe i really would have shot u idk. thank god i dont have a gun. mountainous goat
This reads like you're hardreading Alison as civ now.

Return to “Previous Heists”