Post by tutuu »

i dunno poison-tan im not that smart
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 190

Re: Radiohead Mafia [DAY 1]

Post by DrWilgy »

Poison Chan wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:34 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:32 pm Poison is town btw.
Why don't I feel your presence much.

Wait, where is nanook?
Got busy last evening and 24 pages were spawned. Trying to play catchup while staying semi-involved in active discussion.

What would you expect from me in terms of presence?
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Poison
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 587
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/cookies
Aka: Cookie In The Woods

Post by Poison »

I have a question, when is EoD?
XTMF wrote:Yo Poison, you are fucking dying.
Timsup2nothin
Veteran of 1000 Psychic Wars
Posts in topic: 799

Post by Timsup2nothin »

DrWilgy wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:30 pm Shit, I could get behind a Tutuu or MR vote just based on the last few posts.
The rest of the thread doesn't support that though. Tutuu has enough towniness established that even "okay, yes, I'm a wolf" couldn't really offset it.

From the ISOs I've done so far (still eight to go) the only possible counterwagons to Nutella I could really get into would be Ted, Herm, or Odd.
ImageImageImageImage
noted "I can't be fucking bothered" aficionado who dual wields the sword of contrarianism in one hand and a hot cheetos family bag in the other
Poison
Loan Shark

Post by Poison »

DrWilgy wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:36 pm
Poison Chan wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:34 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:32 pm Poison is town btw.
Why don't I feel your presence much.

Wait, where is nanook?
Got busy last evening and 24 pages were spawned. Trying to play catchup while staying semi-involved in active discussion.

What would you expect from me in terms of presence?
Hmm I like this approach, interacting + catching up. I would take scums for only catching ups during EoD.

For presence? Hmm? I think a little more interactions with me or others?
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 231
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Poison Chan wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:37 pm I have a question, when is EoD?
About exactly 7 hours from now. If your site time zone is set correctly it's the time at the top of the poll
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 554
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

DrWilgy wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:33 pm
juliets wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:30 pm
nutella wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:26 pm
juliets wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:28 pm Alright I finished reading nutella and I have similar thoughts to others who have just posted about her iso. There's not a lot there except for her scum read on me. She did, however, argue that Dr. Wilgy is town and ted is town which I agree with. I think what dilutes the reads she does have is how many posts she has that are about nothing important, like the soup posts and the joke posts. They overwhelm her other posts imo and that smacks of wolfy behavior. Up your post count and be seen as a presence by posting a lot about nothing.

But here's the rub. Like others before me have said, if she is wolf where are her teammates? There have been plenty of opportunities to run up a wagon on someone else. Did they give up early and are bussing her or voting on off wagons? It just doesn't feel right and that's a concern I have, though I still read her as scummy. I will vote her for now but read some other folks that I have null reads on and evaluate them.

Also I'll put together a reads list and post it.

[VOTE: nutella] aubergine
you know full well I am town and yet you are hopping on with empty reasons like I'm memeing a lot

nope.
What should I have seen about you that would let me know "full well" that you're town? My mind is not a closed door so talk to me.
If Hazelnut was dead who would you vote for rn gth?
I'm not sure whether you saw my reads list where I indicated I need to iso some people before I can put anyone else in my lean scum list. So, I can't answer your question right now.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Poison
Loan Shark

Post by Poison »

Timsup2nothin wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:37 pm
DrWilgy wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:30 pm Shit, I could get behind a Tutuu or MR vote just based on the last few posts.
The rest of the thread doesn't support that though. Tutuu has enough towniness established that even "okay, yes, I'm a wolf" couldn't really offset it.

From the ISOs I've done so far (still eight to go) the only possible counterwagons to Nutella I could really get into would be Ted, Herm, or Odd.
Herm is as green as grass though.
Master Radishes
Hitman
Posts in topic: 96

Post by Master Radishes »

Veto Herm. He feels different from G9. Different environment of course, but I think he's looser than that game. Could be wrong, I'm not reading closely, though.

I think his style is just a bit mischop bait.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Not my intention to offset towniness. Anyone can think what they want in this situation and it's entirely possible I'm just bad with Tutuu in a day 1 scenario.

Why are counterwagons that much of a concern?
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 579
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

Master Radishes wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:32 pm
dyachei wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:28 pm radish do you have a read on nanook?
Mmm...interesting question. I've twice wolfed with him where I died early and he won in end game on his own.

I've not read very closely and have missed several sections of the round, so huge grain of salt. But...i kind of felt he was town earlier on? I don't even know why, just something about his flavour of slank felt different to what I saw in those two games.

If I remember, I'll iso him later and see if my impression holds up.
I have 120 posts how have I been slanking
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

juliets wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:39 pm
juliets wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:28 pm Alright I finished reading nutella and I have similar thoughts to others who have just posted about her iso. There's not a lot there except for her scum read on me. She did, however, argue that Dr. Wilgy is town and ted is town which I agree with. I think what dilutes the reads she does have is how many posts she has that are about nothing important, like the soup posts and the joke posts. They overwhelm her other posts imo and that smacks of wolfy behavior. Up your post count and be seen as a presence by posting a lot about nothing.

But here's the rub. Like others before me have said, if she is wolf where are her teammates? There have been plenty of opportunities to run up a wagon on someone else. Did they give up early and are bussing her or voting on off wagons? It just doesn't feel right and that's a concern I have, though I still read her as scummy. I will vote her for now but read some other folks that I have null reads on and evaluate them.

you know full well I am town and yet you are hopping on with empty reasons like I'm memeing a lot

nope.
What should I have seen about you that would let me know "full well" that you're town? My mind is not a closed door so talk to me.
I'm not sure whether you saw my reads list where I indicated I need to iso some people before I can put anyone else in my lean scum list. So, I can't answer your question right now.
I did... While acknowledging you are catching up, I do have concern about your vote and scum read on Hazelnut though. You reiterated something that seems to be a commonality without providing much else. I do hope you understand my concern.

Regardless, I won't say you should be voted for it yet.
Image Image Image

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:43 pm
Mmm...interesting question. I've twice wolfed with him where I died early and he won in end game on his own.

I've not read very closely and have missed several sections of the round, so huge grain of salt. But...i kind of felt he was town earlier on? I don't even know why, just something about his flavour of slank felt different to what I saw in those two games.

Up to my previous posting burst I’d read the entire thread too. Idk where this slanking thing comes from???
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

(It's very easy for scum to null/town read. Your vote on Hazelnut would've been easy regardless of alignment.)
Image Image Image
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

DrWilgy wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:41 pm

Not my intention to offset towniness. Anyone can think what they want in this situation and it's entirely possible I'm just bad with Tutuu in a day 1 scenario.

Because generally speaking from a town perspective a runaway wagon is bad. If it does hit a wolf there's no information gained on partners because of course with a runaway wagon they are just as likely to have bussed as not. If it doesn't hit a wolf that's even worse.
ImageImageImageImage
noted "I can't be fucking bothered" aficionado who dual wields the sword of contrarianism in one hand and a hot cheetos family bag in the other
Master Radishes
Hitman

When I've been in the thread I've not seen you. I've only read about half the pages. :shrug2:

Guess you can be town then.
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Poorly? I mean to be a good slanker you should definitely be under fifty. A real expert would be in the twenties.
ImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Timsup2nothin wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:44 pm

Because generally speaking from a town perspective a runaway wagon is bad. If it does hit a wolf there's no information gained on partners because of course with a runaway wagon they are just as likely to have bussed as not. If it doesn't hit a wolf that's even worse.
Are you implying that it's in town favor to form a counter wagon even if the vote isn't the primary suspect?
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

you've lost me friend.
Image Image Image
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

nutella wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:35 pm

nope.
I mean you know I'm town because you're a wolf
So I ask you to tell me why you're town and you answer by saying I already know you're town because I'm a wolf, instead of pointing to towny things you may have done. That's not very convincing and I'm not a wolf.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Poison
Loan Shark

Post by Poison »

nutella wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:39 pm
Poison Chan wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:37 pm I have a question, when is EoD?
About exactly 7 hours from now. If your site time zone is set correctly it's the time at the top of the poll
I think my previous post wasn't posted, any way, so I'll wake up at 7 am with 10-15 pages to catch up to at EoD. Sigh.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

DrWilgy wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:43 pm
juliets wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:39 pm

nope.
I did... While acknowledging you are catching up, I do have concern about your vote and scum read on Hazelnut though. You reiterated something that seems to be a commonality without providing much else. I do hope you understand my concern.

Regardless, I won't say you should be voted for it yet.
Dr. Wilgy, I don't understand your concern. I laid out what I found in Nutella's ISO and then voiced the concern that I have about there being no counter wagon. Please tell me what you object to.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

I'm taking a break and will be back shortly.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

DrWilgy wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:46 pm
Timsup2nothin wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:44 pm

Are you implying that it's in town favor to form a counter wagon even if the vote isn't the primary suspect?
The term "primary suspect" doesn't fit for me. There are multiple wolves available. I posted my read based on going through Nutella's ISO, but don't really feel compelled to pile on the runaway wagon to prove my support for the unified town. I would just as soon run up a wagon on someone else I think could be a wolf and see what kind of reactions that generates. Seeing how people move votes across competing wagons is one of the most useful wolf indicators for me, so I'm always gonna look for a counterwagon to form in this situation rather than just sleepwalk into EoD and hope we are all right about Nutella.
ImageImageImageImage
Master Radishes
Hitman

Upon reconsideration, Nook's reaction to me is kind of how I'd expect scum to react to an unjustified slanking accusation. But it also kind of fits Nook as a person. So I dunno.

I just don't want to read him tbh, since I should be good at it after watching him deep wolf twice on my team but don't want to be wrong. So I just won't try from now on.

If he gets to endgame chop him without thinking twice though.
Master Radishes
Hitman

Ugh. Thinking seriously is hard. Gonna take a break.

Master Radishes wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:56 pm Upon reconsideration, Nook's reaction to me is kind of how I'd expect scum to react to an unjustified slanking accusation. But it also kind of fits Nook as a person. So I dunno.

I just don't want to read him tbh, since I should be good at it after watching him deep wolf twice on my team but don't want to be wrong. So I just won't try from now on.

If he gets to endgame chop him without thinking twice though.
This is true on 451 and usually PlayDip, not so here, they let me endgame as town sometimes on syndicate

I uh

Actually think nutella is >rand town

I don’t super confidently believe it but her treatment of Jules, while kind of shitty, I think comes from town more often than mafia
Poison
Loan Shark

Post by Poison »

I'll be back 2 hours before eod, 5 am. Pew. Good night.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

juliets wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:47 pm

nope.
So I ask you to tell me why you're town and you answer by saying I already know you're town because I'm a wolf, instead of pointing to towny things you may have done. That's not very convincing and I'm not a wolf.
everything I've done has been towny because I'm town

I meme a lot that's just me
I've given lots of reads and takes and interactions
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
tutuu
Posts in topic: 964

Post by tutuu »

tutuu wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:03 pm Nut-chan can u leave a legacy readslist on all players no need for explanations just rank their nanes
[mention]nutella[/mention]
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

tutuu wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:00 pm
tutuu wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:03 pm Nut-chan can u leave a legacy readslist on all players no need for explanations just rank their nanes
@nutella
I won't call it a legacy because I'm not dying but I'll make another list sure
Image Image Image Image
Image Image

nutella wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:59 pm

nope.

I vibe with this response but you realize how incredibly unhelpful it is yeah
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Town
Tutuu
Mac
tedxtr
sprityo
samusamu
poison

Lean Town
Alison
Wilgy
dya
hally
nanook
tim

Meh/slight positive
Colin
Dizzy
Radish

Meh/slight negative
Herm
Oddmerta
Jpic
LC

Scum
juliets
spf
Image Image Image Image
Image Image

I’ll be out of thread for a few hours

When I get back I’m (probably/if I’m feeling inspired) going to try and push off nutella. Unless it’s too hard in which case I’ll go “meh, ok I guess.” Hopefully it’s flaccid instead tho and we can move some votes.
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

nope.

You do meme a lot, and that's fine and fun.

Could you make time to go through your own ISO and pick out the "lots of reads"? When I went through it it seemed like there was a lot of "yeah that's shady" agreements, but I don't really look at those as "giving reads." In fact that is pretty much page one of my wolfing strategy; always support any suss on a townie. It doesn't require any reasoning to just agree, and ultimately wolves need the townies to chop each other so all suss is good suss and worthy of support.

I didn't see much of anything else that looked like giving reads in a widespread way, and your list was just a list as I recall, without any direct supporting reasoning.
ImageImageImageImage
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat
Posts in topic: 337
Preferred Pronouns: They/them

Post by dyachei »

updated reads

Villa
mac
alison
tutu

Villa lean
hally
drwilgy
juliets
herm
poison
samu
ted

null
colin
dizzy
JPIC
Long Con
radish
odd
spirit
spf
tim

Wolf lean
nanonook
nutella

wolf
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Timsup2nothin wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:09 pm

nope.

Could you make time to go through your own ISO and pick out the "lots of reads"? When I went through it it seemed like there was a lot of "yeah that's shady" agreements, but I don't really look at those as "giving reads." In fact that is pretty much page one of my wolfing strategy; always support any suss on a townie. It doesn't require any reasoning to just agree, and ultimately wolves need the townies to chop each other so all suss is good suss and worthy of support.

I didn't see much of anything else that looked like giving reads in a widespread way, and your list was just a list as I recall, without any direct supporting reasoning.
I've given plenty of reasoning and defended townreads and frankly getting sick of the vague discrediting. I've explained the ones I have reasons for, find them yourself, if you have further specific questions go ahead but I have said something about every player at this point
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

that's a lot of nulls dya, do you think you could split them into gth town and gth scum?
Image Image Image Image
Image Image

nutella wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:01 pm
@nutella
Hee ho

Oh man dya caught us nutella, our plan for me to wait to defend you until you had 11 votes didn’t work, dang, maybe we should just concede now
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:23 pm
@nutella
Hee ho
you know i used to be misyeeted a lot in the old days but now i actually can't remember the last time
Image Image Image Image
Image Image

nutella wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:24 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:23 pm
@nutella
Hee ho
you know i used to be misyeeted a lot in the old days but now i actually can't remember the last time
I uh

Can remember the last time I was kek
tutuu
Posts in topic: 964

Post by tutuu »

the confidence that u wont be yeeted today is obviously a lie nutella, doesnt mean ur scum for faking the confidence, you can easily be doing it as town to try to show being genuine / try to idk do "the right thing" but
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

nutella wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:20 pm
Timsup2nothin wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:09 pm

nope.

I've given plenty of reasoning and defended townreads and frankly getting sick of the vague discrediting. I've explained the ones I have reasons for, find them yourself, if you have further specific questions go ahead but I have said something about every player at this point
If I could "find them myself" I wouldn't have asked. I told you how it looked to me, and I honestly don't think I was vague about it.

I don't do runaway wagon pile on votes, so I'm not voting you. I certainly don't have any argument I would use to convince anyone not to though, nor any reason to keep looking for one. I thought that if you looked at your iSO it might help you understand where people are coming from, but if you have a better way to avoid what you are saying is a mischop go ye forth.
ImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

tutuu wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:29 pm the confidence that u wont be yeeted today is obviously a lie nutella, doesnt mean ur scum for faking the confidence, you can easily be doing it as town to try to show being genuine / try to idk do "the right thing" but
What townieness do people see in you that I somehow miss?
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

So here's a thunk.

If its TvWv3rd... Should fluff posting/tmi be taken as seriously if Scum too are hunting for each other? Are there any awkward interactions that can be seen between teammates rather than the TvW tells?

I don't have anything that's affected by that read wise other than maybe Tutuu has baboozled us all because scum don't have full info.
Image Image Image
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Current opinion on Dya. Summary: Day one light town, would not chop
Gives reads, answers questions, doesn't commit where it isn't appropriate just to be cooperative.

Dya is of course fully capable of doing the exact same as a wolf, but going with the odds it's more likely they randed town. For day one that's enough. With Dya I have to see EoD, preferably with vote movements and more on the line than a runaway wagon.
ImageImageImageImage
tedxtr
:wiz:
Posts in topic: 853
Location: some place where people retire from normals (maybe)
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by tedxtr »

ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”