Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 160
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Re: Avatar The Last Airbender Mafia

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

cayvie wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:04 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:00 pm
cayvie wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:24 pm i think DDL and carotte are town rn!
How did you go from "I need to squint to believe what you say" to this read?

Did I just tell the best joke ever or something? Cuz I think I make good jokes but my glasses one was not exactly a top tier one.
it was the joke! not its quality in particular, i just saw a flash of "ooh, town" shining thru when you made it.
I... will take that I guess. :ponder:
Carotenoid
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 115
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/herself

Post by Carotenoid »

cayvie wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:02 pm
Carotenoid wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:58 pm
Can you explain why?
well for you it's bc you're just exuding townie energy like you always seem to when i read you. i considered asking earlier for an example of a scum game from you to compare but i realized i wasn't gonna read it so didn't bother.

for DDL, i really really felt good about the way he snapped back with that glasses comment.
haha okay

Hmn I see. I don't really feel the same way though, it seems like the easy way of avoiding confrontation. From my very limited reading of U-Pick 2 w!DDL seems to be pretty comfortable in thread and good at doing that kind of snap comment
Spoiler: show
ImageImage
Carotenoid
Drug Dealer

Post by Carotenoid »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:07 pm
Carotenoid wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:02 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:30 pm
JiwonMeganPark wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:29 pm coffee
Why does JiwonMeganPark get a gif but not cassowary?

Also while quoting this I discovered that siren tag is a thing!!! Cool stuff lolol
Cuz I caught Jiwon's post when I took a quick look at the latest posts and only noticed cass's later on when I did the catching up.

And since I don't actually believe in coffee tell and that was a meme post, I didn't feel like adding to it.
ooooh already using nicknames I see, did you already meet in maf chat or something? :p

What are your catching-up thoughts?
ImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

U-Pick is a godawful representantion of wolf DDL, though.

Like, really bad.

I did not play that game at all. I pretty much gave up on like Day 3 and wasn't even reading in the previous days.

Examples of wolf games were I wasn't a royal mess include:

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=1692
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=1725
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=1584

I won the first and the third ones and made it to lylo in the second one.
Carotenoid
Drug Dealer

Post by Carotenoid »

I didn't read that far lol :p
Also I'm not sure what's your goal here tbh, I was basically saying that I think you're a good wolf and that the glass comment is definitely not something I'm super eager to townread you for, why would you feel the need to bring some of your wolf games??
ImageImage
Alison
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 85
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Alison »

Carotte's mindmelded with me a couple of times now, and the context is such that I don't think it's a pocket. Carotte can be my townfriend this game.

I want to hear more about cayvie's glasses read on DDL, especially if they have history together. cayvie can you articulate what about the tone of that post pinged you as being particularly town?
There's nothing that says a fake can't surpass the real thing.
cayvie
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 197

Post by cayvie »

Alison wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:32 pm Carotte's mindmelded with me a couple of times now, and the context is such that I don't think it's a pocket. Carotte can be my townfriend this game.

I want to hear more about cayvie's glasses read on DDL, especially if they have history together. cayvie can you articulate what about the tone of that post pinged you as being particularly town?
we don't really have history together. i did technically play upick 2 but i was paying so little attention that game that i don't remember anything about DDL from it.

i'm not sure there's more to tell? i was kinda pressing DDL bc i thought his train of thought seemed a little discombobulated, and then he popped in with that glasses comment and it felt like a towny response to mild pressure to me.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Carotenoid wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:27 pm I didn't read that far lol :p
Also I'm not sure what's your goal here tbh, I was basically saying that I think you're a good wolf and that the glass comment is definitely not something I'm super eager to townread you for, why would you feel the need to bring some of your wolf games??
I just felt slightly annoyed that people are metareading me for something that is not comparable, I guess. And fearful you might try to be more specific later and misread me for it.

Or maybe I suddenly felt like defending my rep after I assassinated it in U-Pick myself.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Carotenoid wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:17 pm

Also while quoting this I discovered that siren tag is a thing!!! Cool stuff lolol
Cuz I caught Jiwon's post when I took a quick look at the latest posts and only noticed cass's later on when I did the catching up.

And since I don't actually believe in coffee tell and that was a meme post, I didn't feel like adding to it.
ooooh already using nicknames I see, did you already meet in maf chat or something? :p

Nah I dunno Jiwon it's just his name is long enough to require a nickname.

I don't have any decent scumreads yet and I do have a couple townreads, gonna wait a little longer to list them.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Guys D0 ends in 75 minutes if you are afraid of burning though your post limit, don't.
Carotenoid
Drug Dealer

Post by Carotenoid »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:42 pm
Carotenoid wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:27 pm I didn't read that far lol :p
I just felt slightly annoyed that people are metareading me for something that is not comparable, I guess. And fearful you might try to be more specific later and misread me for it.

Or maybe I suddenly felt like defending my rep after I assassinated it in U-Pick myself.
Okok, I do like this answer.
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:44 pm
Carotenoid wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:17 pm

Nah I dunno Jiwon it's just his name is long enough to require a nickname.

I don't have any decent scumreads yet and I do have a couple townreads, gonna wait a little longer to list them.
Oh I was talking about cassowary :p
Why do you want to wait?
ImageImage
Carotenoid
Drug Dealer

Post by Carotenoid »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:45 pm Guys D0 ends in 75 minutes if you are afraid of burning though your post limit, don't.
:ponder: Did you feel like people were uncomfortable?
ImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

I feel like only 3 people are talking and maybe others are afraid of posting more. I played a racket before and I noticed most people will be very contained about posting.

And I want to see more people talking and interacting with people besides myself cuz right now I pretty much only have intro posts to analyse and that's very shallow.
cayvie
Corrupt Union Official

Post by cayvie »

yeah feels like most of the game has 0-2 posts rn, dunno if that's normal for night start rackets tho
cassowary
Posts in topic: 78
Preferred Pronouns: she or they

Post by cassowary »

Carotenoid wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:07 pmhmn okay. Do you have any other reads at the moment? What do you think of the Starmen crew so far?
Most of the starmens have been really quiet :< U-G and Chardonnay haven't even said anything at all yet!

PSI's convictions on cayvie seemed to fold very quickly under pressure. Or, not even pressure, but just other people having different reads. Feels a little bit like trying not to stand out too much. Maybe a slight scumlean.

Neutron has really only made one substantive post, want to reserve judgment until I see more.

I'm feeling you and cayvie as town mostly for gut reasons right now.
Alison

Post by Alison »

I'm actually pretty chill with the gamestate atm (although I'm also pretty tired IRL at this point in time so maybe that's biasing me). I can get the "let's do more stuff" attitude when you're trying to get the ball rolling early game, but it feels kind of forced right now to try to make people interact when they're not feeling it. I think the discussions in the thread so far have been fairly abrupt insofar as they tend to end with people just coming to a consensus agreement or falling into a "we disagree but I don't really see a need to engage you any further about this" state (eg. the people with differing opinions on discussing mechanics). With that in mind I'm happy to let the people who haven't posted yet slide into the mix and see if they can add some spice rather than forcing the people already in the thread to spark more.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Actually now that you mention it.
PSINightmareEmpower wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:17 pm I'll be honest, I'm not entirely sure what you mean by 'I don't know why you think this so you must be wrong'? You lost me there. I mean, I understand you take issue with the read, and it's about my weird intuition thing, but I don't really understand what specifically you mean?

To be fair though, I don't really read the post the same way I did when I first wrote that. Sometimes I think I should wait a bit before giving thoughts on a post because I'll read it differently at different times. I'm also really reaching for a scumread here because I always feel weird when I don't have a single scumread at a given time; but it's also probably still too early to have a proper scumread so maybe I should just be patient.

Definitely waffling on the Cavyie read though, for no other reason than that almost everyone else is townreading her so it's making me doubt myself. Might have to move her back up to null until further notice.

3/33
I'll be honest

if you need to point that out maybe you aren't being honest

I'm not entirely sure - the entirely feels like

I mean, I understand... but...

Holy waffling, Batman

but I don't really understand what specifically you mean?

There is an adverb tell in this forum. I'm burrowing it. ADVERBS!

To be fair, though

"To be fair" is another sentence that tries to ease the reader into what they are going to say and "though" reinforces that.

it's also probably still too early to have a proper scumread so maybe I should just be patient.

Full of flowery language, declaration of not scumreading, but isn't sure of that either.

Might have to move her back up to null

null is noncommital

until further notice.

Until someone makes a better case so I can jump back, ofc.

Yeah I totes see it.

I was kind of feeling bad about cass before (and yes, I just made that nickname and I didn't know her before) and now she's a high town read imo.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Alison wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:11 pm With that in mind I'm happy to let the people who haven't posted yet slide into the mix and see if they can add some spice rather than forcing the people already in the thread to spark more.
That's specifically what I was aiming for, yeah.
DJ Neutron Star
Posts in topic: 19
Preferred Pronouns: he/him, she/her

Post by DJ Neutron Star »

PSINightmareEmpower wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:17 pm
DJ Neutron Star wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 3:43 pm
PSINightmareEmpower wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:57 pm
cayvie wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:10 pm you're the one who said there was likely to be more vote manipulation *shrug*

i fundamentally disagree with your premise that talking about mechanics/roles is antitown. *especially* in a role madness style game.

and i am irritated by your condescension toward me out of the gate. i knew that was going to be an issue coming into this game, so i'm trying to avoid tunneling you for it. but i would at least appreciate it if you toned it down a bit.
I am...not fond of this response. The salt in this reply is very high, and it reads like Cavyie just got overly defensive but also kinda tried to shrug it off. I don't know, voting a player is a completely normal thing to do, and accusing Alison of condescension and asking her to tone it down is a tad unreasonable. As an outside eye, I can confirm that Alison was not being condescending, and I'm seeing Cavyie as just being more defensive than they need to be about this. That's my hot take on it anyway. So I will put them in mild scumlean for now, but will save voting for later.
speaking of, i'm not fond of PSINightmare leaning into the whole 'I don't know why you think this so you must be wrong' thing as a point against cayvie here

that's a hilariously easy thing to claim without substantiating, and besides cayvie being salty over being voted early seems like a leap in logic?

The quoted post itself would indicate cayvie is annoyed over personality clash here more than anything
I'll be honest, I'm not entirely sure what you mean by 'I don't know why you think this so you must be wrong'? You lost me there. I mean, I understand you take issue with the read, and it's about my weird intuition thing, but I don't really understand what specifically you mean?

To be fair though, I don't really read the post the same way I did when I first wrote that. Sometimes I think I should wait a bit before giving thoughts on a post because I'll read it differently at different times. I'm also really reaching for a scumread here because I always feel weird when I don't have a single scumread at a given time; but it's also probably still too early to have a proper scumread so maybe I should just be patient.

Definitely waffling on the Cavyie read though, for no other reason than that almost everyone else is townreading her so it's making me doubt myself. Might have to move her back up to null until further notice.

3/33
you think Alison's posts aren't condescending — cayvie does, so that makes cayvie the one who's incorrect and over defensive

literally anyone can say that about any take esp. if they feel required to post a scumread for some reason

and again, the thing about assuming cayvie is angry about being voted in order to make that post still sticks out, bc i'm pretty sure cayvie addressed in the post is specifically not the reason she was annoyed at Alison here, and it was bc she has Feelings about the way Alison was playing

also, who specifically is 'everyone else' in this situation?
DJ Neutron Star

gdi that's the last pyramid quote i ever make
DJ Neutron Star

[mention]Dragon D. Luffy[/mention]

i'm impressed at the level of detail in that analysis but some of the stuff in there, mainly the notes re: PSINE's tendency for flowery phrasing, is just how she writes
Alison

Post by Alison »

Doing word choice analysis of someone's page 2 post right after complaining that there isn't enough content in the thread is >rand town so DDL has gotten back into my good books. Maybe the reason we agree on so much is because we're all just town and scum is sleeping.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 86
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

I feel the psi suspicion yeah
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 53
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:21 pm U-Pick is a godawful representantion of wolf DDL, though.

Like, really bad.

I did not play that game at all. I pretty much gave up on like Day 3 and wasn't even reading in the previous days.

Can't believe you linked A World Asunder, you made my stomach knot up, just a little. :srsnod:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:11 pm Actually now that you mention it.
PSINightmareEmpower wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:17 pm I'll be honest, I'm not entirely sure what you mean by 'I don't know why you think this so you must be wrong'? You lost me there. I mean, I understand you take issue with the read, and it's about my weird intuition thing, but I don't really understand what specifically you mean?

3/33
I'll be honest

Holy waffling, Batman

To be fair, though

"To be fair" is another sentence that tries to ease the reader into what they are going to say and "though" reinforces that.

it's also probably still too early to have a proper scumread so maybe I should just be patient.

Full of flowery language, declaration of not scumreading, but isn't sure of that either.

null is noncommital

until further notice.

Yeah I totes see it.

I was kind of feeling bad about cass before (and yes, I just made that nickname and I didn't know her before) and now she's a high town read imo.
I'm pretty okay with this analysis, very nice.
Carotenoid
Drug Dealer

Post by Carotenoid »

I think PSINE is town. This is a meta read. :biggrin:
ImageImage
Alison

Post by Alison »

What does "I'm okay with this analysis, very nice" mean? You agree with it? You disagree with it? You disagree with it but think it makes DDL look town regardless?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Alison wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:41 pm What does "I'm okay with this analysis, very nice" mean? You agree with it? You disagree with it? You disagree with it but think it makes DDL look town regardless?
I agree that it makes PSI look suspicious, and I double-down on that with a DDL townread.
Carotenoid
Drug Dealer

Post by Carotenoid »

cassowary wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:01 pm
Carotenoid wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:07 pmhmn okay. Do you have any other reads at the moment? What do you think of the Starmen crew so far?
Most of the starmens have been really quiet :< U-G and Chardonnay haven't even said anything at all yet!

PSI's convictions on cayvie seemed to fold very quickly under pressure. Or, not even pressure, but just other people having different reads. Feels a little bit like trying not to stand out too much. Maybe a slight scumlean.

Neutron has really only made one substantive post, want to reserve judgment until I see more.

I'm feeling you and cayvie as town mostly for gut reasons right now.
Hmn re:PSINE I don't have the same interpretation. I think she's just taking other people's opinion in consideration (like she said herself) and that's not really scum indicative in her case.
ImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Oh there is a very high chance that analysis is wrong. Truth is, I didn't even care about Psi's post the first time, only bothered to check it again when cass commented on it.

The sad thing about my playstyle is that when I try hard, I am very good at convincing people but my reading skills continue to be mediocre so I often lead town to their doom. On the flipside, when I don't try to make big posts like that and play more passively, I have some good insights but have a hard time convincing people of them.

So yeah be suspicious of Psi but if someone else is saying they always play like that then maybe mind that too.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

But since I wanna scumhunt and nobody is saying much, I decided I might as well analyse that post from Psi and see what happens.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Long Con wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:39 pm
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:21 pm U-Pick is a godawful representantion of wolf DDL, though.

Like, really bad.

Can't believe you linked A World Asunder, you made my stomach knot up, just a little. :srsnod:
Why not, that game was great.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:08 pm

Like, really bad.

I'm glad you have the good memories. :cloud9:
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Long Con wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:15 pm

Like, really bad.

Oh I know I did some arguing about balance when it ended, but here's the thing, I always complain about balance after games.

One or two broken roles do not ruin a great concept with great execution.

In fact, I was talking with juliets the other day and we were wondering when you're hosting the next World Apart game.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:17 pm
Long Con wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 9:15 pm

Like, really bad.

Oh I know I did some arguing about balance when it ended, but here's the thing, I always complain about balance after games.

One or two broken roles do not ruin a great concept with great execution.

In fact, I was talking with juliets the other day and we were wondering when you're hosting the next World Apart game.
I am much more prepared to host Spider-verse Mafia actually. I should see if I can get it in the queue. I haven't begun designing A World Ascended yet.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

"A World Ascended"

[mention]juliets[/mention] it already has a name.
PSINightmareEmpower
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 51
Preferred Pronouns: She/her

Post by PSINightmareEmpower »

All right guys, I'm back! Don't worry, I'm not bogged down by the posting limit, just a tad busy today. Gonna try to respond to people.
nutella wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 5:10 pm[snipping this out because it's super long with it in but leaving the quote box in for context]
cool, nice to meet you!! your style sounds kinda similar to mine except it seems you write longer posts lol[/quote]

Haha, yeah, I'm a wallposter
Alison wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 5:24 pm PSI seems too eager to please. I don't get why they're doubting the cayvie read because like two other people townread cayvie. I don't read them as being that easily swayed in general. I'd be happy with a push there.

[snip]
This is literally just because my conviction was never strong at all in the first place. It's still too early in the game for me to be making proper scumreads, but I feel really uncomfortable when I don't have a scumread yet, so I just grabbed at the first thing I could think of. If other people make a read that seems better because either multiple people agree with it, or the one or two people who make the read's logic makes sense to me, I'll just sort of sheep it and may flip-flop around a bit until I land on something that feels better. When multiple people thought of Cavyie as town, I was just like "well I'm probably wrong so I'll see how Cavyie looks through the lens of town".

While I was writing this, I also realized that this is something I did in my last game where I was town: I had this perception of U-G that he and I have the same playstyle but he's better than me, so for much of the first Day I basically sheeped his reads when we disagreed on something because I felt like if we had differing views on something, then he was automatically right since he has more experience. I realized later in the game that it somewhat hindered me and there were a few reads that were left over that had no business being there and I had to clear them out. I realized that we both had probably equally good reads after the game ended. The point of all this is that I just realized I'm sort of doing the same thing here, because I have a perception that you all are better than me just because you're more experienced, so if we have differing reads than I should just abandon mine and go for yours since you're probably right. Obviously this is a fallacy, so I'll try to be wary of doing this in the future.
cayvie wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:08 pm
nutella wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 5:12 pm
cayvie wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:00 pm
PSINightmareEmpower wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:57 pm As an outside eye, I can confirm that Alison was not being condescending,
mild w/w ping for PSI/Alison here
hmmm
sounded like distancing to me ("as an outside eye").

i'm kinda eh on my post now tho tbh.
Actually what I'd meant by this was that I was trying to be an impartial and objective third-party in reading the sequence of events, and that was the conclusion I came to. I figured my conclusion would differ from yours because you, being on the defensive in the situation, would potentially read the tone differently from how others would. (I know I sometimes read tone differently from how others would when I'm the one being pressured.)
Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:11 pm Actually now that you mention it.

3/33
I'll be honest

Holy waffling, Batman

To be fair, though

null is noncommital

until further notice.

Yeah I totes see it.

Yeah like Neutron said this is legitimately just how I type all the time. I actually say some variation of "honestly" irl too like all the time so those points are NAI. Obviously (as in, scum would say this too) "until further notice" means until I see a reason to drop her back to scum. I'm not sure what your point on "null" is, do *you* have all of the active players sorted into town or scum yet? It's kinda too early for me to sort everyone.
DJ Neutron Star wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 8:14 pm [snipping the quote pyramid to save space]

you think Alison's posts aren't condescending — cayvie does, so that makes cayvie the one who's incorrect and over defensive

literally anyone can say that about any take esp. if they feel required to post a scumread for some reason

and again, the thing about assuming cayvie is angry about being voted in order to make that post still sticks out, bc i'm pretty sure cayvie addressed in the post is specifically not the reason she was annoyed at Alison here, and it was bc she has Feelings about the way Alison was playing

also, who specifically is 'everyone else' in this situation?
I have this perception that the person on the defensive would read things in a different manner than everyone else would. I guess I thought the person on the defensive's read would be objectively wrong compared to everyone else's. That's how it seems to work out in my experience at least. It's probably not correct though.

You're right, I read the post entirely as though she meant she was annoyed about the vote. Now that I'm rereading it though, I think it does make more sense as your interpretation which is probably correct.

Everyone else is everyone else who weighed in on Cavyie's alignment. I'm pretty sure after Alison changed her read I was the only person to list Cavyie as scumlean.
PSINightmareEmpower
Stool Pigeon

Screwed up one of the quotes, oops

Should also point out that I'm just kinda floundering through the game at this point. I still need to find my footing in the game, and I figure I can probably do that with a good, strong scumread. (That's probably the reason for the hastily cobbled-together read of Cavyie btw.) Just gotta find one first. I should have more confident reads towards the middle of D1, when more people start talking and interacting and stuff.
chardonnay
The Mark
Posts in topic: 175

Post by chardonnay »

Good evening, I started reading but im predicting an interruption. Ideally I'll be back tonight.

I look forward to playing with you all! Im interested how the friends I know from HS will intermingle with regulars here. So good luck friends, and strangers. :P
hi-lo
PSINightmareEmpower
Stool Pigeon

I have a gut-townread of DDL, and so far it still looks good? I have been skimming a tad though so when I have more time/less other things on my mind I might ISO his posts. The TMI-Alison point was a good one, but it sounds like DDL has resolved that? So yeah still feels mildly townie to me.

Gut-scumreading Carot right now, but I think it's probably just because of her light-hearted, jokey tone she's taken on for a lot of this game. I'm unfamiliar with this tone of hers because she didn't do it in the Starmen game I played with her (where she was town) but I think I'll give her the benefit of the doubt and say that she's more comfortable on this site. Also not sure what to think about her saying I'm town, because on the one hand I'm a pretty easy push for scum to jump on (and therefore not jumping on would be townie), but on the other hand she could just be buddying me. I will keep an eye out and see if I can place it.

I have a lot of people who I think "oh yeah they're town" followed immediately by "oh wait they're probably scum" which is a weird different version of a nullread. I was going to mention my read of them here but then I couldn't decide which one I'd be putting them down as. These would be people like Neutron, Cassowary, and Long Con by the way.

Side note, but what exactly does pocketing mean? I think it's like buddying? I have a sort-of sense of what it means, but a direct explanation might be helpful.

PPE: Hi Chardonnay!
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Yeah pocketing means pretty close to the same thing as buddying, usually meant to imply scum appealing to a townie to get in their good graces/position themselves to be defended incorrectly by that townie
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 31
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

D1 has officially begun and will end at September 3, 3pm EDT (please don’t change your votes past this time if I’m not online to immediately end the day!), or at 12 votes for one player.

Everyone has 66 posts to make today, I will edit the number of total posts you may reach today into the OP tonight.

Glgl

[mention]Alison[/mention]
[mention]Carotenoid[/mention]
[mention]cassowary[/mention]
[mention]cayvie[/mention]
[mention]chardonnay[/mention]
[mention]DJ Neutron Star[/mention]
[mention]dov[/mention]
[mention]Dragon D. Luffy[/mention]
[mention]DrWilgy[/mention]
[mention]Fatmo[/mention]
[mention]Jackofhearts2005[/mention]
[mention]JiwonMeganPark[/mention]
[mention]KitsuShel[/mention]
[mention]Long Con[/mention]
[mention]nutella[/mention]
[mention]PSINightmareEmpower[/mention]
[mention]Ultimate-Gamer[/mention]
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Jackofhearts2005
something funny
Posts in topic: 74
Preferred Pronouns: He/His/Him

Post by Jackofhearts2005 »

I don’t see any tmi about Allison’s alignment in DDL’s post. His reasoning for townreading her is basically identical to mine with a hedge. If I see tmi it’s here.
cayvie wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:01 pm oh that makes a lot of sense, thank you for clarifying. i was kinda ??? at your original post.

i think that DDL's post is talking about Alison's post as dangerous in a meta-sense, that this is a dangerous precedent to set for future games but not necessarily this one? so not necessarily bad for town in this game, but bad for town *in general*. kind of reminds me of policy chops in a way.

i do see what you mean about how it potentially TMIs Alison as town.
Where Cayvie sees a tmi that doesn’t exist as indicating that DDL is a wolf. :feb:

Contrast with this post.
Carotenoid wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:09 pm Yeah nutella, like he's trying to show he's hesitating but he actually knows she's town.

Cayvie yeah in long-term I meant throughout-games/meta-sense. Like, he can extrapolate to long term because he already knows how it's unfolding in this game? I don't think it's like policy chops though, because policy chops are more like: x is making this game harder because blabla so we should chop them (immediate impacts, short/medium term impact), when this is more like assuming things and how they can affect long long term stuff

tl;dr is just UH OH NOT GOOD
Which reads practically like drooling. Could be a wolf looking for a misyeet. Could be a townie thinking they see a chance to nab a wolf.

Carot is not scum with DDL.

All this makes this post
all the more “interesting.”

I kinda wanna flip DDL even though logically the move is to flip Cayvie. Both can consider themselves on notice.
Btw, I think I’m gonna try to be a “team player” this game and see how that works out. :biggrin: I’m not bothering with Carot cause Alison trusts them.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

I don't think I follow your take on cayvie really but ok
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
cayvie
Corrupt Union Official

Post by cayvie »

Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:11 pm I don’t see any tmi about Allison’s alignment in DDL’s post. His reasoning for townreading her is basically identical to mine with a hedge. If I see tmi it’s here.
cayvie wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 6:01 pm oh that makes a lot of sense, thank you for clarifying. i was kinda ??? at your original post.

i think that DDL's post is talking about Alison's post as dangerous in a meta-sense, that this is a dangerous precedent to set for future games but not necessarily this one? so not necessarily bad for town in this game, but bad for town *in general*. kind of reminds me of policy chops in a way.

i do see what you mean about how it potentially TMIs Alison as town.
Where Cayvie sees a tmi that doesn’t exist as indicating that DDL is a wolf. :feb:
mmm... i more meant that *if* DDL is a wolf, then Alison probably isn't. like if i was reading this post after a DDL scumflip, i would consider this spew.
PSINightmareEmpower
Stool Pigeon

Cayvie, what do you think of Alison's claim? Have you actually weighed in on it yet? (Sorry if you have and I missed it.) You keep bringing up people being on a team/not on a team with Alison, so it doesn't sound like she's a townlean to you.

Also sorry for consistently spelling you're username wrong
cayvie
Corrupt Union Official

Post by cayvie »

chardonnay wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:17 pm Good evening, I started reading but im predicting an interruption. Ideally I'll be back tonight.

I look forward to playing with you all! Im interested how the friends I know from HS will intermingle with regulars here. So good luck friends, and strangers. :P
hi! i see you're in north carolina. i grew up in pittsboro :D
cayvie
Corrupt Union Official

Post by cayvie »

PSINightmareEmpower wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:07 am Cayvie, what do you think of Alison's claim? Have you actually weighed in on it yet? (Sorry if you have and I missed it.) You keep bringing up people being on a team/not on a team with Alison, so it doesn't sound like she's a townlean to you.

Also sorry for consistently spelling you're username wrong
i think Alison's claim is probably true, and pretty alignment-neutral. i don't have a read on her rn.
cayvie
Corrupt Union Official

Post by cayvie »

fwiw i have placed Alison in the same meta box as Timsup2nothin. They're both players with a lot of intensity and who state opinions very confidently that I tend to have a knee-jerk disagreement with. And I find it very difficult to tone read either of them. So I have to analyze by different means than intuition, and I don't have enough experience with Alison to trust my ability to do that yet.
chardonnay
The Mark
Posts in topic: 175

Post by chardonnay »

*@PPl fimilar w Alison*
Alison wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:29 am Hey all! I have an important claim to make, so please read this post!

My vote may not count at various points in the game.

There are conditions that have to be fulfilled in order for my vote to not count. I will not be describing these conditions, because I don't want the mafia to be able to take away my vote when they please. But be aware that, at some point in the game, it might be the case that nanook will post an EOD poll, it will have my name clearly voting on a wagon, and that vote will not be counted. (Or, we might reach majority with me on the wagon, and the day might not end.) However, nanook has specified that this does not apply in endgame (FX) situations, so you don't have to worry about me being a liability there.

I'm not claiming my flavor for now, because I don't know Avatar lore and nanook has mentioned that knowing it will be helpful to understanding the mechanics. Thus, I don't know if claiming my flavor will cause Avatar fans to be able to figure out the conditions that trigger the loss of my vote.

Here are some implications of this claim:

- I think it's fairly obvious that this isn't the sort of ability given to a mafia member in a role madness game. If you believe this claim, you should trust me a lot more. If you see me lose my vote, you should definitely trust me.

- Fuckery with the vote counts is a thing in this game, so be careful with the votes. If the wagons are tied and I'm on one of them, they might not actually be tied. If you have vote manipulation abilities (eg. give a player the ability to vote twice, or some such), be aware that it might be a waste to use them on me. Although I have nothing in my role that would cause us to unexpectedly hit majority and end the day, the fact that I do have vote manipulation in my role suggests precedence for vote manipulation abilities being a thing in this game, so be on the lookout for unexpected or surprise majorities.

- I won't be disclosing any other aspect of my role for now. I will make a fuller claim when I think the circumstances merit it.
I don't see mafia naturally receiving a post/vote restriction of this nature in normal circumstances.

Can anybody tell me if Alison is a "by the books" kinda player, or are they a more, "Wild dripping goof ball" type player. Judging by their more serous tone I'm guessing they are a by the books type, but i would like confirmation to be safe.

-/-/-/-
cayvie wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:10 am thoughts?
I think that the element typing of characters on the roster is a net neutral, as it hurts both sides in not knowing who they can and cant target. Then in knowing both sides increase in power pretty equally.

Well I guess it benefits mafia a lot more if Nk can be canceled by visiting the wrong bender. But I think its safer to assume it targets 2ndary abilities only?

Were you toying with a "element mass claim," or is this early game spec b/c "Why not?" :P

-/-/-/-
Jackofhearts2005 wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:35 am So basically, even more tie hate than normal. Got it.

I’m gonna our Alison as townlean. Less for the claim itself and more like I don’t think wolves play this shit out of the gate. See: Jack Attack, wherein this happened with like 8 townies and 0 wolves.
although there is a good chance Im agreeing w/ the call made on Alison. I would like to know if town hunting is a tool you utlize frequently?

-/-/-/-
cayvie wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:00 pm
PSINightmareEmpower wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:57 pm As an outside eye, I can confirm that Alison was not being condescending,
mild w/w ping for PSI/Alison here
How likely is mild?

-/-/-

Catotenoid is being really bubbly and that bothersssss meeeeeee.

I Am a little paranoid of a speedy poster like Dragon D. Luffy rolling mafia. Then taking advantage of their short posting style to prematurely hit post cap to avoid in thread stuff in the early game. If this sounds like an incredibly spefic scenario… yes, yes it is. lol

Neutron's call out on PSInightmare look more like disagreeing with a play then forming a read. Im interested if Neutron does have a read on PISnightmare.

End of Page 1
hi-lo
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 24

Post by DrWilgy »

So it begins.

Hello everyone, my name is DrWilgy and I am most definitely a doctor. Pleasure to make your acquaintance.

I for one am a fan of post poop euphoria

nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?

Return to “Previous Rackets”