staypositivefriend
Hitman
Posts in topic: 467
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Re: Radiohead Mafia [DAY 3]

Post by staypositivefriend »

Timsup2nothin wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:42 pm
Alison wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 5:12 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 4:48 pm hi, i'm catching up w/what i missed now! could i get a basic summary of why we know there's a maf in tim/wilgly?
Wilgy says that only one person visited Ted.
Tim said he visited Ted.

We know that Dizzy visited Ted.

So either Wilgy or Tim is lying.
And since we also know that barring something really weird Wilgy ALSO lied about the other part of his claim, but Tim doesn't kiss ass to the town core so let's kill him anyway.
this ate does nothing but make me want to fos you more. who is fos'ing you for not kissing up to the towncore?
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat
Posts in topic: 337
Preferred Pronouns: They/them

Post by dyachei »

Alison wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:40 pm
dyachei wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:30 pm i just...i don't think tim is a stupid wolf. I have a lot of respect for his wolf game and this? this is a stupid mistake to make
is it?

wolf tim is not going to play around a tracker on ted

from the perspective of tim, it's pretty hard to see how his claim can be disproven, and claiming roleblocker here means he can be of value to town
lets say you were a wolf in a game like this. would expect there to be a tracker?
Timsup2nothin
Veteran of 1000 Psychic Wars
Posts in topic: 799

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Alison wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:41 pm but also I need an explanation for how ted was able to come out of his house if tim told the truth
I already have a question in to Sloonei about that exact issue. I think I understand that tracker reads the intent to go even if the action is blocked, but we'll see. The point though is that Wilgy lied about his OTHER night action as well, and that is totally independent of me.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage
noted "I can't be fucking bothered" aficionado who dual wields the sword of contrarianism in one hand and a hot cheetos family bag in the other
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat

Post by dyachei »

also like...why didn't dizzy bring this up until now?
Alison
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 1047

Post by Alison »

staypositivefriend wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 4:48 pm hi, i'm catching up w/what i missed now! could i get a basic summary of why we know there's a maf in tim/wilgly?
Tim said he visited Ted.

And since we also know that barring something really weird Wilgy ALSO lied about the other part of his claim, but Tim doesn't kiss ass to the town core so let's kill him anyway.
Look, it's really simple from my point of view.

You can't both be scum.

But both of you have discrepancies in your story.

It's my job to figure out who lied.

You have more discrepancies in your story.

Your discrepancies are less easy to explain.

Here's the other question I have for you. Why do you[/ care if you die? From your point of view, Wilgy is outed scum. If you die, you prove him to be the liar, and maybe even Dizzy as well. I would expect a town Tim to be like "yeah, sure, flip me, then we have auto and win." I would not expect him to be so desperate to survive that he goes to the extent of insulting the people who push him and use AtE in his defense. When Wilgy was informed of the thunderdome between you two, he was like "okay, let's do this then, I'll vote Tim, and you guys can vote whoever". Does he do that if he's scum and knows he's going to lose the game the next day phase?

I really do not understand why you are so desperate to survive. That makes me even more certain that you are the correct person to exe this phase. But hey, even if you aren't, that's fine, because your death outs the last two scum and then all that's left is the Rogue before we win!
There's nothing that says a fake can't surpass the real thing.
Alison

Post by Alison »

wow that italics formatting went out of control. but yeah, the main points are there. mechanically speaking you're more likely to be scummy and your sheer desperation to live today instead of just, you know, dying and chilling in spec chat while we out the last two mafia is tipping me off that maybe you can't actually win the game if you're dead.
staypositivefriend
Hitman

i feel morally obligated to vote tim after he dropped that ATE. i hate ate so much
Alison

Post by Alison »

dyachei wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:45 pm also like...why didn't dizzy bring this up until now?
they were afk the whole time, only popped into the thread to ask what's going on and who to sheep.

I don't see how it makes any sense for scum dizzy to lie about this here. scum dizzy can't win if he trades 1 for 1 with tim
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

staypositivefriend wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:44 pm
Tim said he visited Ted.

this ate does nothing but make me want to fos you more. who is fos'ing you for not kissing up to the towncore?
It's not "ate" it is setting up for "I told you so."

There is absolutely zero logic behind Alison insisting on killing me when Wilgy demonstrably lied on both ends of his claim, one almost irrefutably.

So on the other end where "well, maybe Wilgy is telling the truth if Tim is lying" why would ANYONE go with "chop Tim since Wilgy might only lie half the time"? I have a proposal for a simple answer: EGO. Mac insists he and Alison are the solvers of the game. I am the one that caught Wilgy in the demonstrable lie about his track on JPIC. Kill me now...oops...and tomorrow they turbo Wilgy and take credit in their own minds for having "proven him bad by infochopping Tim."

I'm fine with all that by the way, they just need to tell me that's how it goes. I'll ghost and get some work done and come back after I flip green.
ImageImageImageImage
noted "I can't be fucking bothered" aficionado who dual wields the sword of contrarianism in one hand and a hot cheetos family bag in the other
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

staypositivefriend wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:50 pm i feel morally obligated to vote tim after he dropped that ATE. i hate ate so much
Then get to it.
ImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 265
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

but you lied too... :confused:
Alison

Post by Alison »

dyachei wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:45 pm
Alison wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:40 pm
dyachei wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:30 pm i just...i don't think tim is a stupid wolf. I have a lot of respect for his wolf game and this? this is a stupid mistake to make
is it?

wolf tim is not going to play around a tracker on ted

from the perspective of tim, it's pretty hard to see how his claim can be disproven, and claiming roleblocker here means he can be of value to town
lets say you were a wolf in a game like this. would expect there to be a tracker?
I would definitely expect there to be a tracker, but I wouldn't expect it to be on ted. I do not see why it was obviously wrong for wolf tim to fake a roleblock on ted there.

Who do you think is the liar in these three if not tim, dyachei?
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat

Post by dyachei »

wilgy, alison, that's why I'm voting there

I mean I won't fight hard against a tim vote here. I just feel in my heart he's being honest here.
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Alison wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:47 pm
Tim said he visited Ted.

Look, it's really simple from my point of view.

You can't both be scum.

But both of you have discrepancies in your story.

It's my job to figure out who lied.

You have more discrepancies in your story.

Your discrepancies are less easy to explain.

Here's the other question I have for you. Why do you[/ care if you die? From your point of view, Wilgy is outed scum. If you die, you prove him to be the liar, and maybe even Dizzy as well. I would expect a town Tim to be like "yeah, sure, flip me, then we have auto and win." I would not expect him to be so desperate to survive that he goes to the extent of insulting the people who push him and use AtE in his defense. When Wilgy was informed of the thunderdome between you two, he was like "okay, let's do this then, I'll vote Tim, and you guys can vote whoever". Does he do that if he's scum and knows he's going to lose the game the next day phase?

I really do not understand why you are so desperate to survive. That makes me even more certain that you are the correct person to exe this phase. But hey, even if you aren't, that's fine, because your death outs the last two scum and then all that's left is the Rogue before we win!

This is bullshit. Wilgy lied about his actions BOTH nights. One of those nights there is no interaction with me and basically no functional way to explain it OTHER than that he lied. Your tunnel focus on the FIRST night of his claim so you can kill me is fine...though I wonder what it's motivated by.
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 1518

Post by MacDougall »

Day 1

Nutella in the lead. Counterwagon appears on Tim. Nutella doesn't love it but begrudgingly self pres votes with a lol. JPIC does not move to Tim. Tim does not self pres. Sprityo does not vote for Tim.
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

LOL...you did bork those italics.
ImageImageImageImage
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Long Con wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:52 pm but you lied too... :confused:
And copped to it later and explained why I did.

Can you think of any town explanation for why Wilgy would claim to have tracked JPIC to Tutuu when JPIC apparently didn't go to Tutuu?

I claimed I MDed Ted when I actually roleblocked him. If I had just stuck with that claim I would not be in this mess right now. So tell me, why did I come clean there?
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

You'd still be in trouble dude. Wilgy has only one Ted visitor and the motion detection would have still counted.
Alison

Post by Alison »

Timsup2nothin wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:51 pm It's not "ate" it is setting up for "I told you so."

There is absolutely zero logic behind Alison insisting on killing me when Wilgy demonstrably lied on both ends of his claim, one almost irrefutably.

So on the other end where "well, maybe Wilgy is telling the truth if Tim is lying" why would ANYONE go with "chop Tim since Wilgy might only lie half the time"? I have a proposal for a simple answer: EGO. Mac insists he and Alison are the solvers of the game. I am the one that caught Wilgy in the demonstrable lie about his track on JPIC. Kill me now...oops...and tomorrow they turbo Wilgy and take credit in their own minds for having "proven him bad by infochopping Tim."

I'm fine with all that by the way, they just need to tell me that's how it goes. I'll ghost and get some work done and come back after I flip green.
tim

you have also demonstrably lied on both ends of your claim, and I think you lied even more irrefutably than wilgy did. I can see far-fetched explanations to show how either of you can be telling the truth, but yours is more far-fetched than wilgy's.

the decision to thunderdome you was made by dizzy, not me or mac. we chose to exe you, just like literally everyone else who saw the thunderdome, because of how obvious it was that you were the correct choice to exe today. I literally said I did not care who gets the credit for the pelt when odd and ted were arguing over who gets it if you flip scum. so no, I was not acting out of ego when I choose to execute you.
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:55 pm Day 1

Nutella in the lead. Counterwagon appears on Tim. Nutella doesn't love it but begrudgingly self pres votes with a lol. JPIC does not move to Tim. Tim does not self pres. Sprityo does not vote for Tim.
We've been over this so many times I'm actually happy enough to just flip green and rub it in your face.

Problem is that I don't want to lose and since I know your reads suck and Alison's logic is literally absent I don't really want to leave the game in your hands.
ImageImageImageImage
TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 151
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

Tim / Wilgy just feels like a stupid v/v day 3 town doing well thing
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Alison wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:00 pm
Timsup2nothin wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 7:51 pm It's not "ate" it is setting up for "I told you so."

tim

you have also demonstrably lied on both ends of your claim, and I think you lied even more irrefutably than wilgy did. I can see far-fetched explanations to show how either of you can be telling the truth, but yours is more far-fetched than wilgy's.

the decision to thunderdome you was made by dizzy, not me or mac. we chose to exe you, just like literally everyone else who saw the thunderdome, because of how obvious it was that you were the correct choice to exe today. I literally said I did not care who gets the credit for the pelt when odd and ted were arguing over who gets it if you flip scum. so no, I was not acting out of ego when I choose to execute you.
Sure, whatevs. How exactly is my claim more farfetched than "I tracked the post capper to Tutuu and she isn't postcapped"?

Final answer, then I give up on you and just go to work and let you do something stupid.
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:01 pm Tim / Wilgy just feels like a stupid v/v day 3 town doing well thing
It's literally not possible that there isn't a mafia between Tim, Wilgy and Dyslexicon. One of them is a bold faced liar.
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:02 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:01 pm Tim / Wilgy just feels like a stupid v/v day 3 town doing well thing
It's literally not possible that there isn't a mafia between Tim, Wilgy and Dyslexicon. One of them is a bold faced liar.
Probably the one who says he tracked the postcapper to someone who didn't get postcapped, hey?
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Timsup2nothin wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:00 pm

We've been over this so many times I'm actually happy enough to just flip green and rub it in your face.

Problem is that I don't want to lose and since I know your reads suck and Alison's logic is literally absent I don't really want to leave the game in your hands.
Lol now I know you're talking utter shit. My reads have been stupid good in this game.
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Nah. Wilgy lied about tracking JPIC. Dunno what he was trying to accomplish, but that was definitely a lie. A lie that really would have mislead the town in bad ways...like if you hadn't vigged JPIC and JPIC was claiming to have a check on Tutuu, that lie would have backed him up.
ImageImageImageImage
Alison

Post by Alison »

mechanically impossible for them both to be town unless something extremely weird happened
staypositivefriend
Hitman

"your reads suck"

"i cant wait to rub it in your face"

"ill leave you to do something stupid"

yeah sorry i have no intention of switching after tim drops lines like that. that level of ate comes from cornered scum 90% of the time
Alison

Post by Alison »

i would appreciate it if you didn't question my logic unless you can poke an actual hole in it

you've argued that wilgy is a liar. ok. show me why he's more of a liar than you.
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:03 pm

Lol now I know you're talking utter shit. My reads have been stupid good in this game.
I agree. You and your "first post reads" are running better than rand. Your "this interaction is just never a wolf" reads have IMO been mostly stupid.
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

That's a very common hallmark of how scum deal with me though. See Nutella's "I guess not all of Mac's reads are trash" post.
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat

Post by dyachei »

staypositivefriend wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:07 pm "your reads suck"

yeah sorry i have no intention of switching after tim drops lines like that. that level of ate comes from cornered scum 90% of the time
that's just tim

he did similar in the practice game i played with him
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Timsup2nothin wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:07 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:03 pm

I agree. You and your "first post reads" are running better than rand. Your "this interaction is just never a wolf" reads have IMO been mostly stupid.
That's absolutely absurd. Not a single one of the people I cleared off Nutella spew has flipped mafia yet? The only three flips we've had since I made those reads all three were accurate. Jesus Christ please stop you're embarrassing yourself.
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Alison wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:07 pm

i would appreciate it if you didn't question my logic unless you can poke an actual hole in it

you've argued that wilgy is a liar. ok. show me why he's more of a liar than you.
Already did. Wilgy says he tracked JPIC to Tutuu. The host says that even though JPIC got vigged his post cap would not have gone through. Tutuu didn't get post capped. Wilgy lied there. Your only refutation is that some mysterious role protector must have protected Tutuu, which is fantastical wishful thinking.

If you don't want your logic questioned, demonstrate some.
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

dyachei wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:07 pm

that's just tim

Doesn't mean it's not mafia Tim. He's probably just sitting there with a smile on his face openwolfing at this point.
dyachei
Emotional Support Cat

Post by dyachei »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:11 pm

that's just tim

Doesn't mean it's not mafia Tim. He's probably just sitting there with a smile on his face openwolfing at this point.
doesn't make him mafia either, mac.
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Okay, so here's the thing. As much as I enjoy trolling Mac and Alison since I know they are dead wrong here I have better things to do. I'll continue that when they arrive in DVC and just hope they are being game throwingly dumb here but the game is still recoverable. If one of them is a deep partner trying to salvage Wilgy then I'll really mock them for that because that would be even dumber.

Have fun.
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

dyachei wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:12 pm
MacDougall wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:11 pm

that's just tim

doesn't make him mafia either, mac.
I'm not scumreading him for the ate SPF is.
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

[mention]Oddmerta[/mention]

"Already did. Wilgy says he tracked JPIC to Tutuu. The host says that even though JPIC got vigged his post cap would not have gone through. Tutuu didn't get post capped. Wilgy lied there. Your only refutation is that some mysterious role protector must have protected Tutuu, which is fantastical wishful thinking."

This is my legacy tunnel master...see that it gets followed eh?
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Timsup2nothin wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:14 pm Okay, so here's the thing. As much as I enjoy trolling Mac and Alison since I know they are dead wrong here I have better things to do. I'll continue that when they arrive in DVC and just hope they are being game throwingly dumb here but the game is still recoverable. If one of them is a deep partner trying to salvage Wilgy then I'll really mock them for that because that would be even dumber.

Have fun.
This level of desire to survive is nuts. Maybe we caught the 3p? There's not a single other person in the POE who cares about living as much as you do.
Alison

Post by Alison »

Timsup2nothin wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:10 pm
Alison wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:07 pm

Already did. Wilgy says he tracked JPIC to Tutuu. The host says that even though JPIC got vigged his post cap would not have gone through. Tutuu didn't get post capped. Wilgy lied there. Your only refutation is that some mysterious role protector must have protected Tutuu, which is fantastical wishful thinking.

If you don't want your logic questioned, demonstrate some.
yeah, and you said you blocked ted. yet ted was tracked out of his house.

both of you have been involved in weird shit happening. I acknowledge that it's odd that tutuu didn't get postcapped. but it's also odd that ted is tracked out of his house when you claim to roleblock him.

my question to you is not "why is wilgy suspicious"

my question is "why is wilgy more suspicious than you"

I have only 1 exe today and 2 suspicious people involved in incidents that look very much like someone lied about a night result. if you're town then come up with a reason why wilgy is a bigger liar than you. don't just harp on and on about how wilgy is lying. tell me what factor I should take into account to comparatively judge him as more scummy than you.

also you are exhibiting a serious amount of ate/desperation/emotion in a situation where I feel like there is no reason for town to. as i said if you are town then your death outs a mafia and we are very likely to win from there. why are you struggling so hard? you tell me you're done, you're ready to exit the game and watch us re-eval after you die and exe wilgy and etc. but then you shout and scream at us to change our minds about exeing you. I don't get it.
Alison

Post by Alison »

MacDougall wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:16 pm
Timsup2nothin wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:14 pm Okay, so here's the thing. As much as I enjoy trolling Mac and Alison since I know they are dead wrong here I have better things to do. I'll continue that when they arrive in DVC and just hope they are being game throwingly dumb here but the game is still recoverable. If one of them is a deep partner trying to salvage Wilgy then I'll really mock them for that because that would be even dumber.

Have fun.
This level of desire to survive is nuts. Maybe we caught the 3p? There's not a single other person in the POE who cares about living as much as you do.
it's possible, yeah, I thought about it a bit, decided I don't care if tim is scum or 3p
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Have fun.
IDGAF about living. You hve an outed wolf in front of you and instead of chopping him you are infochopping me to prove it. I am outraged at the waste because it's a dumb risk, not about being killed.
ImageImageImageImage
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Alison wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:17 pm

Have fun.
it's possible, yeah, I thought about it a bit, decided I don't care if tim is scum or 3p
Or villager for that matter, he's disrespectful so chop him.
ImageImageImageImage
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 579
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

You seem agitated. Maybe you should have a cup of tea.
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

My death doesn't "out a mafia" by the way...Wilgy is already out. This is just waste and once I'm flipped it will be impossible to go back and say "oh well at least it outs Wilgy" and I will troll you and Mac mercilessly if you try to do that.
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Timsup2nothin wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:18 pm

Have fun.
IDGAF about living. You hve an outed wolf in front of you and instead of chopping him you are infochopping me to prove it. I am outraged at the waste because it's a dumb risk, not about being killed.
Nope. You have said at multiple times that you don't mind being chopped cuz POE. Your fury doesn't comply with words you've said. You also agreed that the plan "just wins". You remind me of me when I am caught mafia tbh.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Timsup2nothin wrote: Sun Sep 06, 2020 8:21 pm My death doesn't "out a mafia" by the way...Wilgy is already out. This is just waste and once I'm flipped it will be impossible to go back and say "oh well at least it outs Wilgy" and I will troll you and Mac mercilessly if you try to do that.
Sure okay let's yeet Wilgy first and he flips town we turbo you? Deal?
Alison

Post by Alison »

this is my fault
Alison

Post by Alison »

I didn't speak out hard enough against AtE and the "yelling at people who accuse you" defense earlier in the game and now tim is incentivized to use it as much as possible to stay alive

Return to “Previous Jobs”