Escape From Russia [GAME OVER]

Moderator: Community Team

How would you rate this G-Man game based on his matrix?

LOL
33%
OMG
No votes
WTF
17%
FFS
33%
JFC
17%
GTFO
No votes
YCBS
No votes
STFU
No votes

Total votes: 6
tedxtr
:wiz:
Posts in topic: 466
Location: some place where people retire from normals (maybe)
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: Escape From Russia [Night 2]

Post by tedxtr »

I feel like we're looking in the wrong places and information overload messes us up.

push low posters to post more villager-y, don't push high posters on things that look scummy but don't make them more likely to flip scum.

the larger the information > the more complex thoughts > the scummier you post. It's not complicated, you post a lot, you'll have more posts that look scummy in a vacuum.

not sure if those things make 112 a wolf though. her gameplay would have to be going butt in on all sorts of progressions that she can barely defend, with the purpose of...being town read because they're completely opposite in meta?

idk if I buy it
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage
Ash Lael
The Mark
Posts in topic: 438

Post by Ash Lael »

tedxtr wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:19 am I feel like we're looking in the wrong places and information overload messes us up.

push low posters to post more villager-y, don't push high posters on things that look scummy but don't make them more likely to flip scum.

the larger the information > the more complex thoughts > the scummier you post. It's not complicated, you post a lot, you'll have more posts that look scummy in a vacuum.

not sure if those things make 112 a wolf though. her gameplay would have to be going butt in on all sorts of progressions that she can barely defend, with the purpose of...being town read because they're completely opposite in meta?

idk if I buy it
Ted, are you out of your wolf range?
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

i've been out of my wolf range ever since I made the reads list

never make that shit in a game where the PoE is this big
ImageImageImageImage
Ash Lael
The Mark

Post by Ash Lael »

tedxtr wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:27 am i've been out of my wolf range ever since I made the reads list

Not sure I like this answer. I don't think I believe that you wouldn't or couldn't make a reads list as a wolf.
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

Ash Lael wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:29 am
tedxtr wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:27 am i've been out of my wolf range ever since I made the reads list

Not sure I like this answer. I don't think I believe that you wouldn't or couldn't make a reads list as a wolf.
you can fact check :beer:
ImageImageImageImage
Ash Lael
The Mark

Post by Ash Lael »

I don't think I even need to check. I think it's just unbelievable on its face.
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

i don't have to make a reads list here and I just skate easily

i'm making the game harder for myself as a wolf by forcing myself to trip up when nobody demands reads from me and I can appear villagery by doing other stuff like just poasting thoughts

never ever made a reads list as a wolf, maybe like a few leans but i never took a stance on the entire lobby
ImageImageImageImage
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

Ash Lael wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:32 am I don't think I even need to check. I think it's just unbelievable on its face.
that's how you play the game correctly tbh

vote ahead

ImageImageImageImage
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

prob the easiest way to clear me in this game with this game state and all you have to do is check my past wolf games

not that complicated if it'll help you get off me

the only real counter to this is also that "I set up loop holes in my wolf game in order to come up with excuses like this" which lol you if you think this is what I'm doing here.
ImageImageImageImage
tedxtr

Re: Escape From Russia [Day 2]

Post by tedxtr »

tedxtr wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 3:47 pm voltron

tedxtr
Hally
Poison
Vulgard

villageray

Nanook (more of a sheep)
Ash Lael

probably villager although I don't wanna be wrong but will still flex post-game if i'm right about this

Michelle

PoE

LC
Epi
Wilgy
Arete
TSP
quoting this for myself, I'm curious to see how correct this is because it feels prettay good but I have no idea who the scum are in that PoE
ImageImageImageImage
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

i have like 32 pages to skim for uni and other earthly matters to attend to

see y'all in the dp ; trying to preserve the posting discipline that I think I've been doing fine with until now

also, Nanook's point is good, high posters, cut on your posts please, or put more thoughts into a single post and condense the information, I'll do so too from now on

thread suffers from information overload ; let low poasters post
ImageImageImageImage
Ash Lael
The Mark

Post by Ash Lael »

tedxtr wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:35 am prob the easiest way to clear me in this game with this game state and all you have to do is check my past wolf games

the only real counter to this is also that "I set up loop holes in my wolf game in order to come up with excuses like this" which lol you if you think this is what I'm doing here.
I'm not even "on" you. I'm just checking my existing clears to see which ones might have been bad. You seem to be feeling a level of pressure that I'm not trying to apply.

It may well be the case that you've not posted reads lists as a wolf previously. It's just hard for me to accept clearing you for doing something so simple.
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

Ash Lael wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:42 am
tedxtr wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 9:35 am prob the easiest way to clear me in this game with this game state and all you have to do is check my past wolf games

I'm not even "on" you. I'm just checking my existing clears to see which ones might have been bad. You seem to be feeling a level of pressure that I'm not trying to apply.

It may well be the case that you've not posted reads lists as a wolf previously. It's just hard for me to accept clearing you for doing something so simple.
I won't spoon feed you but I'll tell you that this is really good self-meta and very clearing if you apply it in the context of the game

you just have to realise why it's good

even giving this info out severely damages my wolf game which should be enough in and of it's own to lean me town kek
ImageImageImageImage
Vulgard
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 398
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His/Himself

Post by Vulgard »

I've already posted about 50% less than I did on day 2, proportionally... I think so, anyway.
I don't think what Ash said makes 112 scum. If anything, it makes her progression difficult to keep track of, which is not necessarily a mafia trait. I had the same issue with TSP and I'm currently doubting TSP.
I just want a Wilgy yeet at this point, really, and I dislike the fact he keeps getting saved by sudden flashwagons appearing at EoD. It's happened twice now. I'm going to feel silly if it was town saving him both times, and/or if Wilgy is town, but yeah.
ImageImageImage
Vulgard
Drug Dealer

Post by Vulgard »

Than I did on day 1, not day 2.
ImageImageImage
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 325

Post by 112 »

I'd be ok with a Wilgy wagon.
Vulgard
Drug Dealer

Post by Vulgard »

Vulgard wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:57 am I've already posted about 50% less than I did on day 2, proportionally... I think so, anyway.
I don't think what Ash said makes 112 scum. If anything, it makes her progression difficult to keep track of, which is not necessarily a mafia trait. I had the same issue with TSP and I'm currently doubting TSP.
I just want a Wilgy yeet at this point, really, and I dislike the fact he keeps getting saved by sudden flashwagons appearing at EoD. It's happened twice now. I'm going to feel silly if it was town saving him both times, and/or if Wilgy is town, but yeah.
I'm somewhat sus of both LC and dunyagnosis, because I seem to remember both of them being involved in the "saving wagon arrivals," maybe even both times.
ImageImageImage
Vulgard
Drug Dealer

Post by Vulgard »

112 wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:59 am I'd be ok with a Wilgy wagon.
Did you vote Wilgy yesterday, when I posted the "call to vote for Wilgy?"
ImageImageImage
Loan Shark

Post by 112 »

Vulgard wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:59 am
I voted LC. :beer:
Vulgard
Drug Dealer

Post by Vulgard »

112 wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:00 am
I voted LC. :beer:
:pout:
ImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 305
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Vulgard wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:57 am I've already posted about 50% less than I did on day 2, proportionally... I think so, anyway.
I'm somewhat sus of both LC and dunyagnosis, because I seem to remember both of them being involved in the "saving wagon arrivals," maybe even both times.
That really misrepresents both my votes. My vote was on Tony on day one, and on day one I spoke out against chopping a low poster. On day two it was me or Michelle. And Michelle was already leading in votes by the time my vote was cast on her. Despite some jumping around at the last minute, I think, I'm not really sure because votes stopped being posted in the thread for some reason Maybe? It was confusing to read and I wasn't sure what I would see on the poll the next time I looked.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

And wasn't dunya voting off the two main wagons on day one?
Loan Shark

Post by 112 »

Long Con wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:25 am
That really misrepresents both my votes. My vote was on Tony on day one, and on day one I spoke out against chopping a low poster. On day two it was me or Michelle. And Michelle was already leading in votes by the time my vote was cast on her. Despite some jumping around at the last minute, I think, I'm not really sure because votes stopped being posted in the thread for some reason Maybe? It was confusing to read and I wasn't sure what I would see on the poll the next time I looked.
'That's not true! I voted for suspicious.player on D1 and spoke out against chopping in a pool we're not sure contains maf or not! Last night, in case you didn't remember, it was me or Michelle! And Michelle was already leading by the time I got here, so I had no part in it! I'm not sure on the rest and don't want to say anything definitive!'
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

112 wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:31 am
Long Con wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:25 am
'That's not true! I voted for suspicious.player on D1 and spoke out against chopping in a pool we're not sure contains maf or not! Last night, in case you didn't remember, it was me or Michelle! And Michelle was already leading by the time I got here, so I had no part in it! I'm not sure on the rest and don't want to say anything definitive!'
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

I suppose I should have used a gender-neutral GIF. Sorry.
Loan Shark

Post by 112 »

Long Con wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:36 am I suppose I should have used a gender-neutral GIF. Sorry.
lol it's fine

i'll take my cookie, thanks
Ash Lael
The Mark

Post by Ash Lael »

Long Con is right, FWIW. He voted with Vulgard D1 and self preserved onto Michelle D2 (after sitting on a vanity Epi wagon for a long time). Characterising him as protecting Tony/Wilgy is objectively false.

I don't think Wilgy ever even got to be a leading wagon so characterising him as being "saved" doesn't seem accurate to me. If anyone was saved D2, it was Long Con.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Ash Lael wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:42 am Long Con is right, FWIW. He voted with Vulgard D1 and self preserved onto Michelle D2 (after sitting on a vanity Epi wagon for a long time). Characterising him as protecting Tony/Wilgy is objectively false.

I don't think Wilgy ever even got to be a leading wagon so characterising him as being "saved" doesn't seem accurate to me. If anyone was saved D2, it was Long Con.
Thank you. Why did you say I "voted with Vulgard" on day 1?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Did a Wilgy wagon start to take off at some point on Day 2?
Loan Shark

Post by 112 »

*dabs*
Loan Shark

Post by 112 »

Wikgy's ISO leaves lots to be desired.
Arete
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 208
Preferred Pronouns: They/them/theirs/themself

Post by Arete »

Vulgard wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:07 am This marks the second time you guys go against my wishes when I'm asleep and unable to influence the events.
It's starting to genuinely annoy me, especially since you didn't even have a good reason.
solution

stop sleeping
(this is a joke please do not actually stop sleeping)
Arete
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 208
Preferred Pronouns: They/them/theirs/themself

Post by Arete »

can someone who's played with him before confirm Ted's claim that he would never make a readlist as scum

it is not a claim I find particularly believable but if it's actually true I'll take the free clear
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

I was scum with Ted just last game, and he did not make a read list, I was surprised to see. Sample size of one, definitely could use some more research.
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

technically it's an easy fix, I'll just not do it the next time as a villager or any time for that matter but I know how to clear myself

i am basically unyeetable
ImageImageImageImage
Loan Shark

Post by 112 »

tedxtr wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:01 pm technically it's an easy fix, I'll just not do it the next time as a villager or any time for that matter but I know how to clear myself

Isn't this a form of angleshooting?
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

112 wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:05 pm
tedxtr wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:01 pm technically it's an easy fix, I'll just not do it the next time as a villager or any time for that matter but I know how to clear myself

no? how's this angleshooting
ImageImageImageImage
Loan Shark

Post by 112 »

tedxtr wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:06 pm
112 wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:05 pm

no? how's this angleshooting
not sure angleshooting is the right term, but purposely giving yourself a tell you only do as one alignment affects game integrity

we had one guy on my homesite who would only say a certain phrase when he was town and it got shot down as some sort of out-of-game-influence
tedxtr

Post by tedxtr »

I mean I didn't craft it specifically for this game or any game lol

it's basically meta

I just thought about the context of the game and within this context, this is pretty clearing
ImageImageImageImage
TonyStarkPrime
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 427
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by TonyStarkPrime »

unless someone makes me a graph I refuse to accept "does not make read lists as scum" as evidence.

ted's still town though
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

I don't think it's wrong to try and leverage your own meta to conceal your wolfiness. With so many people referring to meta to make cases, how could it be wrong?
Loan Shark

Post by 112 »

dead thread
Loan Shark

Post by 112 »

no one voting for pushkin is a tragedy
Hally
alien shapeshifter
Posts in topic: 1142
Preferred Pronouns: they/them

Post by Hally »

i honestly think my presence this game has been a net negative for town because im spamming like 100s of posts with no clear direction and its really not good

so im probably just like... not gonna post anymore until something happens that makes me feel i should post more

glgl
ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Long Con
Vulgard
Arete

Hally
tedxtr

Poison Chan
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
TonyStarkPrime

DrWilgy
Ash Lael

Epignosis
Loan Shark

Post by 112 »

Long Con wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:35 pm Long Con
Vulgard
Arete

Hally
tedxtr

Poison Chan
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
TonyStarkPrime

DrWilgy
Ash Lael

Epignosis
big-time scummy list right here
Loan Shark

Post by 112 »

remember: I'm the mischop the mafia need. :grin:
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Oh yeah. I scummed it up real good. :feb:
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

112 wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:37 pm remember: I'm the mischop the mafia need. :grin:
:grin: How do you figure?
Loan Shark

Post by 112 »

Long Con wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:38 pm
112 wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:37 pm remember: I'm the mischop the mafia need. :grin:
:grin: How do you figure?
With two townies gone in a row, they're running out of ones to yeet. :grin:

Return to “Previous Heists”