Racketeer
Posts in topic: 238
Preferred Pronouns: He/him
They/them

Re: Grasslands [Game Thread]

Post by MartinGG99 »

Hally wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:38 am
MartinGG99 wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:28 am
tutuu wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:44 am Man u kno wat im tired af of this vote tally thingy, imma just [VOTE: Carotenoid] aubergine and im not voting myself, if u guys pick someone else over me then they get sent anyway cuz im like top poster so all good. And i might be online to self vote myself later on if needed, if it even bcomes necessary iight kewl
Hmm. Are we (the town) sure about Carotenoid though?

I think its a bit LHF to get rid of Carotenoid, which can imply being town.

In my 2nd town game (3rd game I played), 2-3 players who I thought were easy eliminations happened to actually be town when they were either night-killed or eliminated, and so I'm a little wary to just off Carotenoid right now unless we're imagining that Carotenoid is a day 1 bus.
lhf can easily be mafia too. i don’t think this is a reason in and of itself to not eliminate carotte

is there anyone you feel better about eliminating?
I don't think there would be anybody on the table for elimination that I would prefer for a day 1 elimination, when considering other player's inputs (such as Long Con usually playing like he does now).

Day 2 is probably going to be awkward for me unless Carotenoid flips red here.

For day 1 specifically though:

I am a bit suspect of Nutella. I don't like that she just called "Hally is mafia" and such. Its like they just make reads, be fairly active, and not do a whole lot of pushing or input. I don't know if this is their primary playstyle though, but I do fail to see any particular town benefit unless that benefit tends to appear past day 1?

As for Nanook, similar reasons apply though their willingness to accept the ability to eliminate did seem towny. I just fear (maybe unreasonably fear) that may have been an attempt to have (what's effectively) the doc save used on them...because if that's used on a wolf then they have free reign to kill whoever they want. If a scum realized that pre-game, it wouldn't surprise me if they made a dive for it.

Carotenoid I may just end up voting anyways to secure the vote. I'm not super opposed to it.
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"
Spoiler: show
MartinGG99 wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 12:40 am The only notable "solving" I've done publicly has managed to kill someone who had the same power role and alignment as me.

If that doesn't make a mockery of my confidence in my solving then I don't know what will.
Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:54 pm Competition is only impressive when it is kind.
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 233
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MartinGG99 wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:19 pm I am a bit suspect of Nutella. I don't like that she just called "Hally is mafia" and such. Its like they just make reads, be fairly active, and not do a whole lot of pushing or input. I don't know if this is their primary playstyle though, but I do fail to see any particular town benefit unless that benefit tends to appear past day 1?

As for Nanook, similar reasons apply though their willingness to accept the ability to eliminate did seem towny. I just fear (maybe unreasonably fear) that may have been an attempt to have (what's effectively) the doc save used on them...because if that's used on a wolf then they have free reign to kill whoever they want. If a scum realized that pre-game, it wouldn't surprise me if they made a dive for it.
I would say that low-explanation snap reads are commonplace for both nutella and Nanook. nutella explains things sometimes, but she rarely starts with an explanation. Anyway I don't think it's something town-indicative, as it could be the one of the easiest-to-fake methods there is. It's not indicative of anything really beyond a stylistic preference. Rather than assess the degree of explanation (or lack thereof), I suggest you try to interpret the validity and sincerity of the reads.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
tutuu
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 420

Post by tutuu »

Hally wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:09 pm right now, where i stand is that i would eliminate carotte pretty much without hesitation
attention mafia, hally is declaring war on you and she suggests you to surrender quick or she will attack you swiftly and without hesitation!
MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:42 am One hesitation I encounter about going after Alison or taking her to task -- I think she is an easy player to nitpick. Her posts are thick and thoughtful regardless of alignment, and that means each of them presents more opportunities than most to be interpreted in an unsavory manner. I suffer the same fate. With that in mind, I'd appreciate any feedback I can get from non-Alison sources about specific grievances I raise relating to Alison's posts. If you feel it's nitpicking, please say so. It never feels like nitpicking to the nitpicker.
Fwiw, I do believe your initial concern about bravado was very much valid. Alison's explanation that I seemed to have a similar process or playstyle similar to hers is probably something you could not think of without being them or putting on champs-level of effort.

I don't think anything from you has been particularly nitpicky...or maybe its more accurate to say "nothing has been too nitpicky"

I guess the difference lies in how much we positively or negatively value those points or conclusions, even if nitpicked.
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"
MartinGG99 wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 12:40 am The only notable "solving" I've done publicly has managed to kill someone who had the same power role and alignment as me.

If that doesn't make a mockery of my confidence in my solving then I don't know what will.
Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:54 pm Competition is only impressive when it is kind.
Hally
alien shapeshifter
Posts in topic: 447
Preferred Pronouns: they/them

Post by Hally »

Alison wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:16 pm
Hally wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:12 pm thanks. how likely do you think it is that those in your poe are aligned with each other?
I don't think Carotte/Thunal is W/W. The way Thunal praised Carotte's re-evaluation did not look like wolf buddy interaction. If anything I'd say it looks more like one of them trying to get on the other's good side. Carotte/Sloonei and Sloonei/Thunal both seem pretty viable to me.
ok. i don’t really see carotte/sloonei and sloonei/thunal as that likely
ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 275
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:25 am At least one moment or trend in this thread exists that makes me believe in these players:
tutuu
Hally
Nanook
Sloonei
nova
SPF
Thunal
nutella

No such moment exists:
Long Con
Martin
Alison
Carotte

This would be my most generous POE split. The names within groups are not ordered. I tend to doubt that the three mafia are perfectly nestled in that lower group, so I will consider alternatives. Long Con in particular is down there by default in a way that he always seems to be in recent games -- so it's not inspiring to me.
Alison is a surprising name on the bottom list. I’ve liked the look of her handling of Thunal. Not saying I agree or disagree with it, but there have been moments where she feels genuine.

I have a separate beef re: thunal which I am still weighing.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:59 am I seem to have hit some sort of Mafia fatigue that has even stifled my basic ability to Do Things. I feel like I could be making myself useful right now and I literally don't know what to post. I considered an interactions chart, but I haven't the energy for such a project.

JJJ would appreciate some motivation.
Same, btw
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:31 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:25 am At least one moment or trend in this thread exists that makes me believe in these players:
tutuu
Hally
Nanook
Sloonei
nova
SPF
Thunal
nutella

No such moment exists:
Long Con
Martin
Alison
Carotte

This would be my most generous POE split. The names within groups are not ordered. I tend to doubt that the three mafia are perfectly nestled in that lower group, so I will consider alternatives. Long Con in particular is down there by default in a way that he always seems to be in recent games -- so it's not inspiring to me.
Alison is a surprising name on the bottom list. I’ve liked the look of her handling of Thunal. Not saying I agree or disagree with it, but there have been moments where she feels genuine.

I have a separate beef re: thunal which I am still weighing.
can you point out what in alison’s handling of thun strikes you as genuine?

whats your beef with thun?
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

also [mention]Sloonei[/mention] have you looked at carotte yet?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Hally wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:35 pm also @Sloonei have you looked at carotte yet?
No

————
Separate thought: my brain is not allowing me to take in every post this game. Even though we’re in a Light game, my fatigue from Champs has not worn off and I don’t think I can be my usual self in this game. I’ll try to find an approach that works for me under these conditions.

I have a few more thoughts to lay out re: thunal, and then I’ll get around to the carot. My time and availability are limited today, but I’ll do what I can.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:48 am
MartinGG99 wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:47 am novaselinenever (I can elaborate on this one, though I don't think they would be on today's or maybe even D2's table for an elimination)
I'd love to hear about this.
Sure thing.

Personally, I didn't like #280 - #283, and #287.

First off, their initial post (#269) was about 30 minutes prior to them saying they:
novaselinenever wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:30 am I've read the thread.

r/IAmA
Now I don't know if they actually read the whole thread in 30-ish minutes. I mean I guess you could but you probably couldn't think much about the content or posts that one see, fmpov. I might be wrong and somehow they're a fast thinker and reader.

I also looked up what r/IAmA was, and I don't think this means this post was a joke but implying the thread has been really mundane?

Soon after, post this about Long Con:
novaselinenever wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:40 am
novaselinenever wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:09 am
Long Con wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:02 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:49 pm If the game reaches a Final Three, they will all be sent to The Grasslands. All dead town players will vote for which one of these players shall carry out the final execution kill.
Nice twist!
lolol
Going back to this, initial scum lean on LC. Not a big fan of using the host as an icebreaker to get into the thread, it also kind of feels off since the same text was present in the sign up thread for over a week now. The comment itself is also pretty bland, he isn't really adding anything to the mech convo.

As for the "lolol", that was basically my reaction to it 'cause I often scum read LC and it's a "why are you always so scummy LC" lol. He's more often than not scum, so no my fault :noble:
Out of all of the things they could comment on, why did they choose this? And with the consideration of their other posts made roughly in the next hour, it feels like there's so much focus into scum hunting except an implied town-read on a person who's already town-read by quite a few people. I will admit though I agreed with their conclusion there though about LC.

It just....bothers me somehow and I can't really explain it other than my reasons listed here. I can learn to understand it though if as town they tend to hunt for scum more than they do for town however.

I think most of their interactions after that point in time though have been fine for the most part. But I just don't want to write him up as a person that I don't want to ever consider for a future elimination.
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"

Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Thanks Martin. I'll let nova take a stab at that before I comment further.
Overall: 73-57 (.56) | Town 49-41 (.54) | Mafia 18-11 (.62) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-26; Mafia 10-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

Hally wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:50 am thanks. i’d like to hear you talk more about the people in yellow as well as those in your poe
I can do that. I will do that after I've caught up first though, since it will take some time. As I'm responding, the thread still has activity.
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"

Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
Thunal33
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 313
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Thunal33 »

tutuu wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:55 am i think hally elevated up very much for me, among the top townreads now

i think jay also elevated up a bit. not sure who i wanan put as scum number 3 now. i still wanna have carotte and thunal as 2 of the scum. maybe something funny. how about nanook?
I feel like Nanook is too easy as well. He's one of those players I think is towny when he's here yet isn't here often.
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Sloonei wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:32 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 9:59 am I seem to have hit some sort of Mafia fatigue that has even stifled my basic ability to Do Things. I feel like I could be making myself useful right now and I literally don't know what to post. I considered an interactions chart, but I haven't the energy for such a project.

JJJ would appreciate some motivation.
Same, btw
Skip Bayless said your trophy is fraudulent, and that you were the beneficiary of an easy road. He says you still lack that killer instinct of Michael Jordan, and you can't truly be a great until you singlehandedly sweep the mafia team in Grasslands Mafia.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

I also think Martin's catch up posts look pretty good, like he's giving whatever thoughts come to mind without any sort of agenda.
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Thunal33 wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:50 pm I also think Martin's catch up posts look pretty good, like he's giving whatever thoughts come to mind without any sort of agenda.
I've at least gotten this far on Martin:

I don't think he should be eliminated first.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

Also to anyone who knows Sloonei's meta, does he take pride in his scum game? Does he have more motivation as town or as scum when he's a candidate for a chop?
ImageImage
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:51 pm
Thunal33 wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:50 pm I also think Martin's catch up posts look pretty good, like he's giving whatever thoughts come to mind without any sort of agenda.

Have you made your god read on Sloonei yet? I could use it.
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Thunal33 wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:52 pm Also to anyone who knows Sloonei's meta, does he take pride in his scum game? Does he have more motivation as town or as scum when he's a candidate for a chop?
I tend to assess Sloonei's mafia game similarly to my own. I think he does take pride in it, at least insofar as he will play the alignment with effort and enthusiasm with every intention and expectation of winning the game. He might not have some of the same intrinsic joy playing the game that is lost when one cannot authentically hunt and thus have to manufacture some new motivations. Generally though I don't think moping is a reliable indicator that Sloonei is mafia. I think that's what you're getting at.
Thunal33 wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:52 pm

Not with the assertiveness you'd like, I suspect. I think he seems more town than not. I need more to give you a firmer read than that.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:56 pm
Thunal33 wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:52 pm Also to anyone who knows Sloonei's meta, does he take pride in his scum game? Does he have more motivation as town or as scum when he's a candidate for a chop?
I tend to assess Sloonei's mafia game similarly to my own. I think he does take pride in it, at least insofar as he will play the alignment with effort and enthusiasm with every intention and expectation of winning the game. He might not have some of the same intrinsic joy playing the game that is lost when one cannot authentically hunt and thus have to manufacture some new motivations. Generally though I don't think moping is a reliable indicator that Sloonei is mafia. I think that's what you're getting at.
Thunal33 wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:52 pm

Not with the assertiveness you'd like, I suspect. I think he seems more town than not. I need more to give you a firmer read than that.
Okay. Who are your top suspects right now?
ImageImage
MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:23 pm
MartinGG99 wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:19 pm I am a bit suspect of Nutella. I don't like that she just called "Hally is mafia" and such. Its like they just make reads, be fairly active, and not do a whole lot of pushing or input. I don't know if this is their primary playstyle though, but I do fail to see any particular town benefit unless that benefit tends to appear past day 1?

I would say that low-explanation snap reads are commonplace for both nutella and Nanook. nutella explains things sometimes, but she rarely starts with an explanation. Anyway I don't think it's something town-indicative, as it could be the one of the easiest-to-fake methods there is. It's not indicative of anything really beyond a stylistic preference. Rather than assess the degree of explanation (or lack thereof), I suggest you try to interpret the validity and sincerity of the reads.
I'm not sure if I am capable of detecting sincerity reliably and accurately (I can probably give too much too easily or too little too harshly).

Especially since I'm in the position of having not played with anyone here, except having spectated the championships a bit. But that isn't the same as playing with people.

However, I can town-read snap reads, and if you believe they are town then I suppose I should trust them more for it.
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"

Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

Also [mention]JaggedJimmyJay[/mention] you're at 99 posts so far.

You won't be able to post more until an hour after now.
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"

Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

MartinGG99 wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:00 pm Also @JaggedJimmyJay you're at 99 posts so far.

You won't be able to post more until an hour after now.
If you post one more time that is.
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"

Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Thunal33 wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 12:57 pm Okay. Who are your top suspects right now?
Carotte, Alison, and Long Con. Carotte leads that pack by a decent margin.

I'm at 100 posts. That's fine because I have to prepare to give a lecture. I'll be back in around two hours or so after the cap lifts.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 94
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Is there a stated punishment for going over limit?
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Long Con wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:01 pm Is there a stated punishment for going over limit?
you need to eat a jar of mayo
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Either way, Martin's warning looks townish to me. Scum would want a villager to screw up and get punished, I think.

Linki: That's rough. [mention]JaggedJimmyJay[/mention] what do you think of that?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

;) Just kidding.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 327
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:32 am @Hally you asked me about the relationship between Carotte and Alison. If I were doing a blind interaction chart that would be a block I'd be tempted to color orange. They've both said a decent amount about one another without arriving at conclusions I would call clear or inspiring -- lots of room to land on town reads or mafia reads both ways depending upon the momentum of the game.

Take that with a grain of salt, because I don't believe pre-flip associations are super wise if not done comprehensively for everyone, or at least everyone within a POE pool.
I agree with this

I'm feeling pretty okay about jay so far actually, and am inclined to listen to him re giving Sloonei more time. Switching my pseudo scum vote to carotte

also, my negative tinglies about Hally have returned somewhat. a little. I still townread them but am wary and wouldn't give then the save/gun. I still like spf most for that but see she self voted, so we'll have to figure that out but I'd be fine with sending tutuu, nova, or I guess myself as well.

I also think Thunal is town and Alison's push on her is bad, but whether it's misguidedly bad or maliciously bad remains to be determined.

Still catching up on this morning
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Hally wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:33 am
MartinGG99 wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:08 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 5:56 am @MartinGG99 I would be grateful if you could share your perspective of Alison please and thank you.
Personally, I haven't been particularly swayed by them by a whole lot since its day 1. However, I don't think anything they've done has been particularly scummy, and I think their rush to say that I pocketed them is indicative of being towny. I mean, if you were to try and pocket someone as scum, why would you rely on a player who has 6 games played so far to defend you? I'm not going to say no scum will ever do it but I do believe as it stands, I just think in this game's context, town's more likely to do that.

As for their prodding so far about your reaction to the Jay + Sloonei tinfoiling, I disagree with its prominence and relevance to your alignment. It could be honest differences in opinion, but I've felt the irrelevance or impertinence of it was preety obvious (in my opinion of course), especially since its day 1. I would almost say that's towny as well...but I almost can feel like if they're scum here then they're just trying to do things in order to get some town cred of some sort by doing things that don't immediately appear as scummy. Sort of a defensive scum play style where you don't particularly care who the town eliminates so long as its a townie.

If there was one post that bothered me most, it probably would be this one:
Alison wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:33 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:26 am
Alison wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:38 am I actually am not a huge fan of how the response from both JJJ and Sloonei to the theory of a JJJ/Sloonei wolf game has been "I'm tired of people always theorizing about JJJ/Sloonei wolf teams". If you think about it, that is actually an AtE defense (albeit a more polite and subtle kind), since it doesn't actually do anything to rebut the theory that they're wolfing together.
This looks fake too.

"That is actually an AtE defense", whether true or not (I don't get it), says nothing about whether it is genuine. I don't think either of us made an effort to "rebut", because the accusation means so little at this point. I'm not mafia. I don't know about Sloonei, but we cannot be teamed. We can be sarcastic about the notion, because it is an age-old meme. I used to make fun of Epignosis back in the day for making the token "JJJ and Sloonei are teammates" accusation at least once per game thread.

This post has little hunting value unless you believe us to be actual mafia teammates. Is that what we are?
I don't think it's AI for you to be tired of JJJ/Sloonei tinfoils. The part I'm concerned about is that you're using that as a replacement for actually defending yourself or trying to show your towniness. Like this applies to Sloonei especially because he used a very similar defense ("nutella always scumreads me") instead of trying to engage with nutella to show her that he's town, or rebutting the case that nutella had on him. That bothered me quite a lot when he dismissed the case nutella had as "nutella tinfoiling me is on brand".

I generally think that this behavior increases both of your individual scum equity slightly, but it doesn't do much to make me suspect the specific team of JJJ/Sloonei.
Here they say that they don't think its AI to be tired or annoyed of scum-team tinfoils. Then says using a non-AI thing to defend yourself is somehow AI? I would personally stop at "you're using that", and just go no further if "that" is a thing that I say is likely NAI.

And at the end of it, she self-admits that such an observation only increased "scum equity" slightly....so that kinda begs the question as to why she brought it up in the first place: "I actually am not a huge fan of how the response...".

At the end of the day though, they didn't spend much posts about it (and technically just only 1 post until she got questions about it) and so I think it might not be scum-indicative, unless they're just poking at things they don't like as part of a defensive scum play style.
But for me that's just tinfoiling that they're scum. I think they're town, and I did sheep them a bit on #119 (and the following interactions resulting from that looks good to me).

If you think I have misinterpreted some things about Alison, or failed to consider some possibilities, feel free to say so.
i know that martin has been getting less love lately but i’m... finding it difficult to not tr him. he just feels so genuine both in his tone and his thought process. maybe i’m being dumb or underestimating him but i see a villager here
Same
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

Long Con wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:04 pm Either way, Martin's warning looks townish to me. Scum would want a villager to screw up and get punished, I think.

Linki: That's rough. @JaggedJimmyJay what do you think of that?
anything else you can give us lc?
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:37 am
Hally wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:33 am i know that martin has been getting less love lately but i’m... finding it difficult to not tr him. he just feels so genuine both in his tone and his thought process. maybe i’m being dumb or underestimating him but i see a villager here
I appreciate the substance of Martin's reply to me there; he spared no effort to give me a thorough answer. I'm a bit uneasy that his conclusions about Alison seem to convey a tone of some confidence, or they pack a punch, both for giving her town credit and for casting suspicion on the post he highlighted. I remain torn.
and all out of faith?
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

nutella wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:05 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:32 am @Hally you asked me about the relationship between Carotte and Alison. If I were doing a blind interaction chart that would be a block I'd be tempted to color orange. They've both said a decent amount about one another without arriving at conclusions I would call clear or inspiring -- lots of room to land on town reads or mafia reads both ways depending upon the momentum of the game.

Take that with a grain of salt, because I don't believe pre-flip associations are super wise if not done comprehensively for everyone, or at least everyone within a POE pool.
I agree with this

I'm feeling pretty okay about jay so far actually, and am inclined to listen to him re giving Sloonei more time. Switching my pseudo scum vote to carotte

also, my negative tinglies about Hally have returned somewhat. a little. I still townread them but am wary and wouldn't give then the save/gun. I still like spf most for that but see she self voted, so we'll have to figure that out but I'd be fine with sending tutuu, nova, or I guess myself as well.

I also think Thunal is town and Alison's push on her is bad, but whether it's misguidedly bad or maliciously bad remains to be determined.

Still catching up on this morning
we seem to be at identical places rn with our reads. where are your negative tingles coming from if not my reads?
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

atm i would give the gun to spf still. i trust her the most. im not sure why she self voted...
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Hally wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:09 pm
Long Con wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:04 pm Either way, Martin's warning looks townish to me. Scum would want a villager to screw up and get punished, I think.

Sometimes less is more.
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

if two of us just vote everyone but spf, she’ll have the least again :p
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

Long Con wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:12 pm

Sometimes less is more.
no. give reads please
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

i think lc might be trying too hard to seem like he doesn’t care and is possibly overcompensating for the last scum game where he was caught for trying more than usual. he feels so awkward here, like he wants to advertise to the world that he doesn’t care. it feels flippant almost. that isn’t usually the vibe i get from town!him even when he slanks
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Long Con wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:12 pm

Sometimes less is more.
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

is there anyone who wouldn’t want to save spf? we can still make that happen if it’s what the consensus wants. we just have to put everyone else at two votes instead of one
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Hally, I get that you are really into this game, and have kind of checked out of the other game, but it's the opposite for me. I'm just not that into this game yet. Most of my reading has been skimmy. I'm not going to try to make up reads I don't have. Vote me if you like, I don't really care.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Hally wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:22 pm is there anyone who wouldn’t want to save spf? we can still make that happen if it’s what the consensus wants. we just have to put everyone else at two votes instead of one
SPF is my battle partner, so I want to save her. :p
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

Long Con wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:23 pm Hally, I get that you are really into this game, and have kind of checked out of the other game, but it's the opposite for me. I'm just not that into this game yet. Most of my reading has been skimmy. I'm not going to try to make up reads I don't have. Vote me if you like, I don't really care.
okay. leading with this would have been more helpful. also it’s best not to talk about ongoing games that we’re in together
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Long Con wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:23 pm Hally, I get that you are really into this game, and have kind of checked out of the other game, but it's the opposite for me. I'm just not that into this game yet. Most of my reading has been skimmy. I'm not going to try to make up reads I don't have. Vote me if you like, I don't really care.
u shouldnt mention other ongoing games cuz u know, it makes it really uncomfortable and awkward!! (otherwise i think what ur saying is fair!!)
MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

Hally wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:50 am thanks. i’d like to hear you talk more about the people in yellow as well as those in your poe
Alright. So here's what you asked for with more details.

PoE:

Long Con: This is going without saying tbh. I am reserving them from d1 considerations on the trust of others who say that Long Con normally plays like this. However, I did quite agree with Nova's point earlier about him entering the thread with a host quote.

Carotenoid: I actually haven't looked at them in very much depth (due to time constraints), but I have observed other's arguments about them. I also haven't seen anything particularly beaming as town from them, however I did quite like that they were observing progression on me from JJJ, even if the end result of such an observation wasn't anything of worth (imo). Also feels like LHF....I discussed this a bit in my recent past posts and so far it seems like my fears are just fears from inexperience rather than anything valid.

novaselinenever: See this post.

Nutella & Nanook: Reasons for being in possible PoE are fairly similar, though have a few nuances for each. See this post and this post. This may change soon, as this may just be playstyle differences.

In-Between-PoE-And-Strongly-Felt-As-Town:

Hally: I haven't looked into Hally a whole lot, same as Carotenoid. However, I have greatly appreciated the way you do catching up. You're probably on the players I've least looked at yet.

JJJ: I didn't try reading him very much in the early game because of the immediate JJJ/Sloonei tinfoil, however I did observe him trying to move away from the topic several times and I think if a scum were there they probably would've tried to stay in that position for longer. I probably need to re-evaluate them more in-depth for content afterwards once I've evaluated others (such as Hally), but for now they have had my trust.

Sloonei: I don't think any of their actions have been particularly scummy, and it feels as though at two separate times this game they had awkward or confusing moments and that, in a way, they were too awkward or confusing to a wolf to willingly walk into. I mean, just the stretch that Sloonei had to make and justify just for a town-read of nutella seems like it was sincere. Although, I am eager for their thoughts on the game. I will give some exception though to the fact that he recently played in the champs.

Alison: See this post.
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"

Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

all town
tutuu
Hally
Long Con
novaselinenever
nutella
NANOOK

(i had a sudden change of heart to hard townread nanook)

mafia
Carotenoid

i feel conflicted about everyone else. i can still try to say "hey i think this dude light townlean and i think this chick light scumlean" but nah
MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

Alright, so, with all of that catchup and answering done:

Town Vote: Spf or Tutuu (Preferably Tutuu but if SPF is consensus I'll go with that)

[VOTE: Carotenoid] aubergine
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"

Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

im 99% sure carotte is outed mafia who decided to go in anti-spewing
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

MartinGG99 wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 1:33 pm
Alright. So here's what you asked for with more details.

PoE:

Long Con: This is going without saying tbh. I am reserving them from d1 considerations on the trust of others who say that Long Con normally plays like this. However, I did quite agree with Nova's point earlier about him entering the thread with a host quote.

Carotenoid: I actually haven't looked at them in very much depth (due to time constraints), but I have observed other's arguments about them. I also haven't seen anything particularly beaming as town from them, however I did quite like that they were observing progression on me from JJJ, even if the end result of such an observation wasn't anything of worth (imo). Also feels like LHF....I discussed this a bit in my recent past posts and so far it seems like my fears are just fears from inexperience rather than anything valid.

novaselinenever: See this post.

Nutella & Nanook: Reasons for being in possible PoE are fairly similar, though have a few nuances for each. See this post and this post. This may change soon, as this may just be playstyle differences.

In-Between-PoE-And-Strongly-Felt-As-Town:

Hally: I haven't looked into Hally a whole lot, same as Carotenoid. However, I have greatly appreciated the way you do catching up. You're probably on the players I've least looked at yet.

JJJ: I didn't try reading him very much in the early game because of the immediate JJJ/Sloonei tinfoil, however I did observe him trying to move away from the topic several times and I think if a scum were there they probably would've tried to stay in that position for longer. I probably need to re-evaluate them more in-depth for content afterwards once I've evaluated others (such as Hally), but for now they have had my trust.

Sloonei: I don't think any of their actions have been particularly scummy, and it feels as though at two separate times this game they had awkward or confusing moments and that, in a way, they were too awkward or confusing to a wolf to willingly walk into. I mean, just the stretch that Sloonei had to make and justify just for a town-read of nutella seems like it was sincere. Although, I am eager for their thoughts on the game. I will give some exception though to the fact that he recently played in the champs.

Alison: See this post.
thanks, i appreciate this

Return to “Previous Rackets”