Total votes: 13
MartinGG99
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 238
Preferred Pronouns: He/him
They/them

Re: Grasslands [Game Thread]

Post by MartinGG99 »

Hally wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:13 pm yeah, like idk, it really sounds like he knows he won’t flip town and is trying to setup alison to take the fall after he flips scum because he knows she’s wrong
Well if my argument make you hold off on scum-reading Alison for another day only to see me flip green then HOPEFULLY you can change your mind in a positive light about Alison.

Then maybe my elimination won't be entirely worthless if it does happen.
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"
Spoiler: show
MartinGG99 wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 12:40 am The only notable "solving" I've done publicly has managed to kill someone who had the same power role and alignment as me.

If that doesn't make a mockery of my confidence in my solving then I don't know what will.
Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:54 pm Competition is only impressive when it is kind.
MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

Thunal33 wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:35 pm But Alison already isn't trustworthy from my POV since she's been wrong in suspecting me, and you felt the same way that she was wrong in that suspicion. Do you think only Alison's read on you is trustworthy or do you think her reads in general are trustworthy?
That is something I've been planning to get into, as I said in the QT. If I presume Alison is town then I don't feel comfortable glancing at yours and Alison's conflict as just "TvT" without a closer look.
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"
MartinGG99 wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 12:40 am The only notable "solving" I've done publicly has managed to kill someone who had the same power role and alignment as me.

If that doesn't make a mockery of my confidence in my solving then I don't know what will.
Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:54 pm Competition is only impressive when it is kind.
MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

MartinGG99 wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:09 pm That is something I've been planning to get into, as I said in the QT. If I presume Alison is town then I don't feel comfortable glancing at yours and Alison's conflict as just "TvT" without a closer look.
But to answer your question, I may give Alison a leap of faith if I believe her arguments have decent validity and are plausibly true.

Otherwise until I've read more into it I can't say how trustworthy they've been.
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"

Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

Thunal33 wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:40 pm How do you mention people?
I'm assuming you're on computer:

Type @Mart and then click the box that pops up and says "MartinGG99".

Alternatively, you can do: [mention ](username)[/mention ]

Without the space in the boxes/code.
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"

Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

Thunal33 wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:40 pm How do you mention people?
I'm assuming you're on computer:

Type @Mart and then click the box that pops up and says "MartinGG99".

Alternatively, you can do: [ mention](username)[ /mention]

Without the space in the boxes/code.
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"

Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
Hally
alien shapeshifter
Posts in topic: 447
Preferred Pronouns: they/them

Post by Hally »

me waiting for spf to drop those sweet interaction analyses

ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image ImageImage
MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

Hally wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:57 pm i just question why that posture wasn’t present from the beginning if they’re teammates
Didn't sloonei catch fire early on for the Nutella interaction?

I mean, if the posture is obviously w/w then wouldn't it make sense for that posture to be different if there's a possible D1 bus towards the EoD?
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"

Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

MartinGG99 wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:21 pm I mean, if the posture is obviously w/w then wouldn't it make sense for that posture to be different if there's a possible D1 bus towards the EoD?
Actually I just don't understand this "posture" thing. Haven't heard or seen it used like this.
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"

Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

Tbh I don't mind putting up sloonei to a vote from me.

I just can't easily comprehend the arguments made against him...I've been having some trouble with that since D1 and so I just assumed it was all town awkwardness.

That and from where I come from scum isn't usually eliminated or caught on day 1.

Its not that I disagree or agree with the reasons, but rather I'm having a difficult time understanding the arguments.
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"

Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

MartinGG99 wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:21 pm
Hally wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:57 pm i just question why that posture wasn’t present from the beginning if they’re teammates
Didn't sloonei catch fire early on for the Nutella interaction?

I mean, if the posture is obviously w/w then wouldn't it make sense for that posture to be different if there's a possible D1 bus towards the EoD?
i’m unsure what you’re saying here

im saying lc was dismissive of the early heat on sloonei in a way that seems odd if w/w. if lc/sloonei are w/w, lc probably wants to start distancing early when everyone is digging into sloonei. instead he calls sloonei town and shrugs at the pressure on him. only D2 does lc’s posture change to one that’s much less favorable to sloonei. it’s only then that he calls sloonei a suspect despite sloonei being near the top of everyone’s list for the entire game. if they were w/w, i thiiiiink lc would have adopted a harsher posture towards sloonei earlier along with everyone else, not lag so far behind. gth, his early treatment of sloonei and the progression of that looks more like w/v
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

MartinGG99 wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:22 pm
MartinGG99 wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:21 pm I mean, if the posture is obviously w/w then wouldn't it make sense for that posture to be different if there's a possible D1 bus towards the EoD?
Actually I just don't understand this "posture" thing. Haven't heard or seen it used like this.
posture = stance

harsher posture = suspect sloonei more, interact with sloonei more harshly, etc
MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

Hally wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:28 pm im saying lc was dismissive of the early heat on sloonei in a way that seems odd if w/w. if lc/sloonei are w/w, lc probably wants to start distancing early when everyone is digging into sloonei. instead he calls sloonei town and shrugs at the pressure on him. only D2 does lc’s posture change to one that’s much less favorable to sloonei. it’s only then that he calls sloonei a suspect despite sloonei being near the top of everyone’s list for the entire game. if they were w/w, i thiiiiink lc would have adopted a harsher posture towards sloonei earlier along with everyone else, not lag so far behind. gth, his early treatment of sloonei and the progression of that looks more like w/v
Oh, okay. That makes a lot more sense. Thanks.
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"

Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

i think if jay were here, he’d tell us not to ignore that both nk’s point towards alison and away from sloonei. we should keep that in mind. if he is mafia, sloonei is making kills that make his life harder. if alison is mafia, she’s making her life easier. obviously there’s some element of wifom to this but strictly speaking, this should be a positive point for sloonei and a negative for alison
MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

I wonder. If:

SPF + Hally + Thunal we all write off as being 100% confirmed town (not really confirmed but y'know)....would it be possible to ensure a town win?

There are 7 towns left and 2 Mafia/Scum/Wolves left

We have 2 miseliminations left before elo (eliminate correctly or lose), since 2 towns die each day+night phase presuming there is a miselimination.
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"

Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
Alison
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 185
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Alison »

Hally is actually right that the Thunal post about LC being widely suspected but not pushed goes quite a long way towards making her look good, since it was made before either JJJ or nutella's pushed on LC. I know I said I was gonna thunderdome her but that's made me doubt myself and I certainly can't get her exed today regardless so I'm going to not do that.

Martin is actually kinda trending down. I think if it was anyone else I'd have snap dayvigged him without hesitation for scumslipping like five times in a row, but I did have a very strong soul read on him so I want to at least explore the possibility that he's a flailing villager.

Martin, you are relying primarily on my defense on you in your own. What are you going to say now that my townread on you is waning?
There's nothing that says a fake can't surpass the real thing.
MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

MartinGG99 wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:02 pm I wonder. If:

SPF + Hally + Thunal we all write off as being 100% confirmed town (not really confirmed but y'know)....would it be possible to ensure a town win?

We have 2 miseliminations left before elo (eliminate correctly or lose), since 2 towns die each day+night phase presuming there is a miselimination.
Is this feasible? And if so, then maybe we can put an order of eliminations on each day from now on to help us ensure that there are no wolves in that group of 3 that we agree upon?
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"

Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
Thunal33
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 313

Post by Thunal33 »

Alison wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:03 pm Hally is actually right that the Thunal post about LC being widely suspected but not pushed goes quite a long way towards making her look good, since it was made before either JJJ or nutella's pushed on LC. I know I said I was gonna thunderdome her but that's made me doubt myself and I certainly can't get her exed today regardless so I'm going to not do that.

Martin is actually kinda trending down. I think if it was anyone else I'd have snap dayvigged him without hesitation for scumslipping like five times in a row, but I did have a very strong soul read on him so I want to at least explore the possibility that he's a flailing villager.

Martin, you are relying primarily on my defense on you in your own. What are you going to say now that my townread on you is waning?
Where do you think Martin scumslipped and why?
ImageImage
MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

Alison wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:03 pm Martin, you are relying primarily on my defense on you in your own. What are you going to say now that my townread on you is waning?
Nothing. Your soul read was probably right. It never occured me to think about how much I was analyzing, and I think that's already helping me, even if its not really helping my position in the game.
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"

Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
Alison

Post by Alison »

FTR I thought Thunal had scum equity with LC earlier because she cooked up a Hally push right as LC's wagon started to seriously gain steam, and did end up voting me over LC (and then transitioning to a no vote, which is suspicion on a close wagon between town and scum). The comment about LC being widely suspected but not pushed goes pretty far in Thunal's defense though.

Speaking of which, the biggest evidence that I am town is that I was set up as the counterwagon to scum and it was a close call.
MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

MartinGG99 wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:04 pm

Is this feasible? And if so, then maybe we can put an order of eliminations on each day from now on to help us ensure that there are no wolves in that group of 3 that we agree upon?
For an example PoE:

Martin>Sloonei>Alison>Tutuu

All those eliminations in that order. Not that I think Alison is scum, but I wonder if SPF + Hally + Thunal are all town we can just mechanically win the game or something.

I don't know if its called mechanically winning the game, but yeah.
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"

Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

Long Con wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:16 pm
Hally wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:13 pm i have the game poe’d down to jay/sloonei/lc/carrote. not even kidding. like i tr everyone else. and rn im looking at that and going “this cannot possibly be right” so maybe one of my tr’s is wrong but this is where i’m at
Sounds great.
Then there's this post from LC. Would LC react this way to a PoE with two wolves in it since it doesn't seem like he feels threatened by it? Or maybe it is a somewhat good PoE with two wolves and LC's shrugging it off so people won't pay attention to it.
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 327
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Alison wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:03 pm Martin is actually kinda trending down. I think if it was anyone else I'd have snap dayvigged him without hesitation for scumslipping like five times in a row, but I did have a very strong soul read on him so I want to at least explore the possibility that he's a flailing villager.

I like this thought from Alison and yeah I think it's more and more likely Martin's just a hit.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

Alison wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:06 pm FTR I thought Thunal had scum equity with LC earlier because she cooked up a Hally push right as LC's wagon started to seriously gain steam, and did end up voting me over LC (and then transitioning to a no vote, which is suspicion on a close wagon between town and scum). The comment about LC being widely suspected but not pushed goes pretty far in Thunal's defense though.

Speaking of which, the biggest evidence that I am town is that I was set up as the counterwagon to scum and it was a close call.
If I were able to, I would have voted LC only at EoD. I said as much that I would prefer his wagon over yours since I was starting to change my read on you.
ImageImage
MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

MartinGG99 wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:07 pm
MartinGG99 wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:04 pm

For an example PoE:

Martin>Sloonei>Alison>Tutuu

All those eliminations in that order. Not that I think Alison is scum, but I wonder if SPF + Hally + Thunal are all town we can just mechanically win the game or something.

I don't know if its called mechanically winning the game, but yeah.
Wait, I forgot night kills go anywhere they want to. Nevermind on this. -_-

I do feel like there has to be some solution though....
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"

Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
Alison

Post by Alison »

Thunal33 wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:04 pm
Alison wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:03 pm Hally is actually right that the Thunal post about LC being widely suspected but not pushed goes quite a long way towards making her look good, since it was made before either JJJ or nutella's pushed on LC. I know I said I was gonna thunderdome her but that's made me doubt myself and I certainly can't get her exed today regardless so I'm going to not do that.

Where do you think Martin scumslipped and why?
1) "if I am town..."
2) "in the event of my death, consider if an Alison/Martin/LC team makes sense" -> unconsciously slipping that he'll flip scum and we'll be considering X/Martin/LC teams
3) "I am town because Alison says I am town, not because I am actually town/have done townie things"

What's stopping me is this: Martin is literally an alt of proto. Like I know I've said this before but the resemblance is actually seriously uncanny at this point. Like the part where he gets paranoid I'm scum pocketing him early, and then halfway through the game suddenly transitions to lock towning me because the game is too hard if I am scum, and then saying something awkward and flailing under pressure. All of this is the exact pattern/progression proto has done in like 2-3 town games in a row.

What I'm doing right now is trying to resolve this discrepancy.
Alison

Post by Alison »

Thunal33 wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:09 pm
Alison wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:06 pm FTR I thought Thunal had scum equity with LC earlier because she cooked up a Hally push right as LC's wagon started to seriously gain steam, and did end up voting me over LC (and then transitioning to a no vote, which is suspicion on a close wagon between town and scum). The comment about LC being widely suspected but not pushed goes pretty far in Thunal's defense though.

If I were able to, I would have voted LC only at EoD. I said as much that I would prefer his wagon over yours since I was starting to change my read on you.
I'm reconsidering my read of you right now. If you are town I will see it and break out of my tunnel. If you are scum I will see that too. Continue with what you were doing.
MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

Alison wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:16 pm What's stopping me is this: Martin is literally an alt of proto. Like I know I've said this before but the resemblance is actually seriously uncanny at this point. Like the part where he gets paranoid I'm scum pocketing him early, and then halfway through the game suddenly transitions to lock towning me because the game is too hard if I am scum, and then saying something awkward and flailing under pressure. All of this is the exact pattern/progression proto has done in like 2-3 town games in a row.
It may or may not surprise you, but I have Asperger's syndrome (which to who who don't know is fairly close and similar to Autism).

I did read that Epi's son named Simon has Autism in that game with Proto, and I actually spent most of my last night just seeing whatever Epi posted on the forum about Simon, because the stories were interesting to me.

Like one about Simon accidentally hitting his sister then laughing because it looked like a cartoon to him where one character gets upset at the other, and when Simon was told to explain that the sister started laughing too.

I don't like to talk about it much because I want to a person who isn't entirely predicted by my Asperger's Syndrome. Not that I hate having Asperger's syndrome, but rather a desire to be a unique person and I detail where the extent of "Me" as a person exists.

But it seems it has a fair bit of influence on FM play or perceptions.
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"

Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

Sloonei/LC stuff:
Long Con wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:59 pm
Hally wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:39 pm
Hally wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:35 pm @Sloonei what is lc’s alignment?
same question to @Long Con actually - sloonei is [fill in the blank]
Sloonei is mafia. In the early game, as I said, I don't have a strong grasp on why people are Town reading or scum reading others, a lot of the time. As a result, my reads in the early game are often informed by players who excel in the early game. Sloonei is a name I've seen brought up probably more than anyone else as scum, to the point that it was said Carotte being town locks Sloonei as scum.

I would much rather give an answer after I have looked over his posts, which I can do when I'm done with Nutella.
Sloonei wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:02 am
Long Con wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:59 pm
Hally wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:39 pm
Hally wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:35 pm @Sloonei what is lc’s alignment?
same question to @Long Con actually - sloonei is [fill in the blank]
Sloonei is mafia. In the early game, as I said, I don't have a strong grasp on why people are Town reading or scum reading others, a lot of the time. As a result, my reads in the early game are often informed by players who excel in the early game. Sloonei is a name I've seen brought up probably more than anyone else as scum, to the point that it was said Carotte being town locks Sloonei as scum.

I would much rather give an answer after I have looked over his posts, which I can do when I'm done with Nutella.
So this is literally just “Sloonei is mafia because everyone else says so”?
LC's read on Sloonei feels distinctly fake and for quite bad reasons. He either doesn't have actual reasons to push Sloonei since he's town or he's pulling a Sheppard and making an intentionally bad justification for why Sloonei is scum so he doesn't have to push Sloonei to the degree where others could be convinced. Sloonei's response seems lackluster. He doesn't give an additional take on LC's alignment from it which is something I think a townie would do in that scenario. I also feel like Sloonei might be more vocal about why the reasoning is bad if they were W/T.
Sloonei wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:05 am
Long Con wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:00 am I also don't like his insistence that I am scum. I don't think he is considering the alternative in the slightest.
I always am. I’ve named you as a suspect several times, but that doesn’t mean my mind is made up on anything at all. I have not seen you do anything that screams town at me.

Who should we send to the grasslands today?
At first glance this seemed like a pretty neutral post, but Sloonei's "who should we send to the grasslands today?" question is ever so slightly scum indicative imo since he could be trying to get an inactive teammate to engage and get themselves out of the PoE. Again projecting onto myself, I know I've done that tactic quite a bit as scum with teammates.
Sloonei wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:21 pm [VOTE: alsion] aubergine
[VOTE: long con] aubergine
[VOTE: martin] aubergine

I don't have a strong preference among these three. I am surprised at my own Martin vote. His response to me in the big wall post of his just now struck me oddly, so it's a bit of a kneejerk/GTH vote. Maybe that's unfair to him. Idk.

If this was a typical game with only one vote, I think I would be going for Alison, but I have been absent for most of the latter part of this phase and will be absent for the remainder of it. I trust you all to pick the right one out of these three.

Thunal is town.

Sorry to be such a dud this phase. I don't like it.
I get the feeling Sloonei would vote like this (meaning, voting for anyone he suspects) regardless of alignment. The analysis I did (which is very limited since I just searched "Long Con" in Sloonei's ISO to find these posts) points slightly to Sloonei being scum. His push on LC seemed pretty weak and LC's push on Sloonei seemed pretty weak.
ImageImage
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

Thunal33 wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:25 pm LC's read on Sloonei feels distinctly fake and for quite bad reasons. He either doesn't have actual reasons to push Sloonei since he's town or he's pulling a Sheppard and making an intentionally bad justification for why Sloonei is scum so he doesn't have to push Sloonei to the degree where others could be convinced. Sloonei's response seems lackluster. He doesn't give an additional take on LC's alignment from it which is something I think a townie would do in that scenario. I also feel like Sloonei might be more vocal about why the reasoning is bad if they were W/T.
Thinking about it a little more, I think the second is more likely since I don't doubt that LC is a skilled player (nut said he's been playing for 13 years) and it's not exactly difficult to come up with fake reasons why Sloonei could be scum if Sloonei is in fact town.
ImageImage
staypositivefriend
Hitman
Posts in topic: 219

Post by staypositivefriend »

Hally wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 8:15 pm me waiting for spf to drop those sweet interaction analyses

hahahah i love this! i'm having a long/stressful day at work so you probably wont see the bulk of the analysis until tomorrow - i'll get through what i can tonight though! i also encourage everyone here to do interaction analysis if they feel up to it, it helps put the game into perspective quite a lot
Alison

Post by Alison »

Yeah I'm autistic too Martin.
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

@thun sometimes sloonei refers to lc as long con and sometimes as just lc

to get a full view of his treatment of lc search both “long con” and “lc.” i think you missed some posts
Alison

Post by Alison »

MartinGG99 wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:05 pm
Alison wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:03 pm Martin, you are relying primarily on my defense on you in your own. What are you going to say now that my townread on you is waning?
Nothing. Your soul read was probably right. It never occured me to think about how much I was analyzing, and I think that's already helping me, even if its not really helping my position in the game.
Okay. Help me understand where you are in the game right now. You had suspects earlier, but I got the impression your reads there have drastically changed. How are you seeing the game right now? Do you think the exe against you is opportunistic or led by wrong townies?
MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

Alison wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:36 pm
Okay. Help me understand where you are in the game right now. You had suspects earlier, but I got the impression your reads there have drastically changed. How are you seeing the game right now? Do you think the exe against you is opportunistic or led by wrong townies?
I'm feeling a bit more than just GTH that they may all be town....lately I've been thinking the last 2 scums are Sloonei + Tutuu if I can ascertain that SPF + Hally + Thunal + Nutella are 100% town.
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"

Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
Alison

Post by Alison »

Why would you rely on my townread on you so strongly but be willing to completely townclear Thunal despite me scumreading her for much of the game?
MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

MartinGG99 wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:39 pm
I'm feeling a bit more than just GTH that they may all be town....lately I've been thinking the last 2 scums are Sloonei + Tutuu if I can ascertain that SPF + Hally + Thunal + Nutella are 100% town.
I'm preety close to feeling that they all already are town and I've obviously committed to thinking you're 100% town.

I've also been looking into the Thunal33 vs. Alison thing earlier and I wanna say you're both town on the basis that it was an early playstyle difference that ended sour for both, of which may have influenced each other's future perceptions of each other's posts, which is why you guys were both almost at each other's throats.
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"

Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

Alison wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:42 pm Why would you rely on my townread on you so strongly but be willing to completely townclear Thunal despite me scumreading her for much of the game?
I've been working on that, looking at the posts. Right now I've been working on some sensible way to communicate why I think its a playstyle difference (or perception difference? idk "playstyle" is the closest word I have for it) that may persuade you and the rest of the town of it.
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"

Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

Sloonei wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:13 pm
Hally wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:13 pm i have the game poe’d down to jay/sloonei/lc/carrote. not even kidding. like i tr everyone else. and rn im looking at that and going “this cannot possibly be right” so maybe one of my tr’s is wrong but this is where i’m at
Sounds great.
But then this post is just so blunt and blasé about his name being included in an early POE that I almost feel like it's affected. Meh.
[mention]Sloonei[/mention] What do you mean by affected?
Sloonei wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:34 pm
Long Con wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:32 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:48 pm Eh I’m not sure I can read tutu this game
I think it's going to be really hard to know, when she finally rands wolf, due to her having no wolf records on this site. I don't know what it looks like.
what should we do today, Mr. Con?
Sloonei wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:54 pm
Long Con wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:40 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 7:48 pm Eh I’m not sure I can read tutu this game
I think it's going to be really hard to know, when she finally rands wolf, due to her having no wolf records on this site. I don't know what it looks like.
I'm going to do some ISO looking today, and I'll get back to you on that, if that's ok.
Which ISOs do you want to look at and why? if you're not already doing that.
Thunal33 wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:43 pm Reading my posts again I'm feeling like maybe you are town. "Content with the status quo" really does describe your post saying you would go along with voting Carotte since you didn't have an opinion on them. If you were scum trying to get yourself in a good position with the Carotte flip your reaction definitely wasn't the way to do that. Still really unsure on you, I feel like there's points going both ways. In my post about you pushing for Carotte's elim, I was sort of playing devil's advocate and I didn't townread you. I do feel like you would take more action or try something more than voting Carotte because you don't object if you were scum and you knew you would look bad off a Carotte town flip.
Gun to your head, what is my alignment?

If I am town, and both the top wagons yesterday were mistaken, who should we be looking at today?
Sloonei wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:12 am
Long Con wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:09 am
I will have an answer for you by the deadline.
Who do you trust the most right now?
These posts are more of the same sort of questioning I pointed out earlier. Especially the "what should we do today, Mr. Con?" post feels like "Come on inactive teammate, post more things so people can townread you." Although Sloonei suspected LC, his tone towards LC isn't hostile or tunnely at all, it's friendly at times. Thanks Hally btw, I tried searching "LC" but it didn't allow it, but it's nice that searching LC and Long Con works.
ImageImage
tutuu
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 420

Post by tutuu »

i used to show a lot of autistic / asperger traits when younger; viewed the world very literally; had trouble socializing and picking up on hints and clues. i dunno if it went away on its own or i just learned how to mask it so well to the point where i feel like a completely new person compared to how i was as a kid
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

im hesitant to give much weight to wagonomics arguments like this with such an unusual voting system in place. three people were voting both wagons and nobody could unvote. i don’t know how to analyze that kind of wagon formation, which is why i asked people not to vote more than one wagon
Thunal33 wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:08 pm
Sounds great.
Then there's this post from LC. Would LC react this way to a PoE with two wolves in it since it doesn't seem like he feels threatened by it? Or maybe it is a somewhat good PoE with two wolves and LC's shrugging it off so people won't pay attention to it.
i asked myself the same thing. gth i would say it’s a decent look for sloonei but idk how much weight to give it
MartinGG99 wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:42 pm
I'm preety close to feeling that they all already are town and I've obviously committed to thinking you're 100% town.

I've also been looking into the Thunal33 vs. Alison thing earlier and I wanna say you're both town on the basis that it was an early playstyle difference that ended sour for both, of which may have influenced each other's future perceptions of each other's posts, which is why you guys were both almost at each other's throats.
why have you decided im town? where did that come from
Thunal33 wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:44 pm
Sloonei wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:13 pm
Sounds great.
But then this post is just so blunt and blasé about his name being included in an early POE that I almost feel like it's affected. Meh.
@Sloonei What do you mean by affected?
Sloonei wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:54 pm
Long Con wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:40 pm
I'm going to do some ISO looking today, and I'll get back to you on that, if that's ok.
Which ISOs do you want to look at and why? if you're not already doing that.
Thunal33 wrote: Thu Oct 15, 2020 8:43 pm Reading my posts again I'm feeling like maybe you are town. "Content with the status quo" really does describe your post saying you would go along with voting Carotte since you didn't have an opinion on them. If you were scum trying to get yourself in a good position with the Carotte flip your reaction definitely wasn't the way to do that. Still really unsure on you, I feel like there's points going both ways. In my post about you pushing for Carotte's elim, I was sort of playing devil's advocate and I didn't townread you. I do feel like you would take more action or try something more than voting Carotte because you don't object if you were scum and you knew you would look bad off a Carotte town flip.
Gun to your head, what is my alignment?

If I am town, and both the top wagons yesterday were mistaken, who should we be looking at today?
Sloonei wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:12 am
Long Con wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 12:09 am
I will have an answer for you by the deadline.
Who do you trust the most right now?
These posts are more of the same sort of questioning I pointed out earlier. Especially the "what should we do today, Mr. Con?" post feels like "Come on inactive teammate, post more things so people can townread you." Although Sloonei suspected LC, his tone towards LC isn't hostile or tunnely at all, it's friendly at times. Thanks Hally btw, I tried searching "LC" but it didn't allow it, but it's nice that searching LC and Long Con works.
fwiw i think it’s just a Sloonei Thing to ask people open-ended questions like that. he’s done it with others this game too pretty sure. if it was someone else i might agree that sort of questioning can look like trying to ease content out of a teammate but for sloonei it’s just... how he is pretty much. that doesn’t mean it can’t be w/w interaction but i don’t think the questions point to that specifically
Thunal33
Loan Shark

Post by Thunal33 »

Hally wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:52 pm
fwiw i think it’s just a Sloonei Thing to ask people open-ended questions like that. he’s done it with others this game too pretty sure. if it was someone else i might agree that sort of questioning can look like trying to ease content out of a teammate but for sloonei it’s just... how he is pretty much. that doesn’t mean it can’t be w/w interaction but i don’t think the questions point to that specifically
I looked through Sloonei's ISO and he asked similar questions to pretty much everyone in the game so I'm giving that point less weight now.
ImageImage
MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

Hally wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:52 pm why have you decided im town? where did that come from
I mentioned it before, but you + SPF had a preety convincing mind meld in the middle of D2.

Unless you're both mafia I would really doubt either of you are scum.
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"

Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
Alison

Post by Alison »

MartinGG99 wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:42 pm

The playstyle difference argument explains why it's not necessarily W/V, but it doesn't explain why you're townclearing Thunal. What's the basis of that?
Hally
alien shapeshifter

Post by Hally »

MartinGG99 wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:54 pm
Hally wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:52 pm why have you decided im town? where did that come from
I mentioned it before, but you + SPF had a preety convincing mind meld in the middle of D2.

Unless you're both mafia I would really doubt either of you are scum.
oh right, i forgot about that

———

tutuu has fallen off a lot as the game has gone on. is that bad? i feel like it might be bad

[mention]tutuu[/mention] who is mafia?
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

whoever u and spf and nutella say
staypositivefriend
Hitman
Posts in topic: 219

Post by staypositivefriend »

tutuu wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:57 pm whoever u and spf and nutella say
when did u start tring me?
MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

Alison wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:54 pm The playstyle difference argument explains why it's not necessarily W/V, but it doesn't explain why you're townclearing Thunal. What's the basis of that?
Well, to be fair, I am conf biased a little bit from my early town-read on her.

But nothing has negatively pinged me when I've glanced at her posts, and I will get to evaluating in due time.

At the moment I'm constructing the post and while I'm doing that I'm going to be explaining how the future reads or negative interactions may have been influnced by that.

If its a good enough explanation for it, then maybe it'll seem like those playstyle differences were the primary (or at least) a strong factor to those developments.

If there was a wolf there then I would imagine one of you two would've started mis-representing the conversation further and trying to sour it or something.

I could analyze it further on Alison or Thunal tinfoils, but that may be over-analyzing.

That said, I haven't finished the post so it isn't like established fact in my mind yet.
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"

Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:
Alison

Post by Alison »

"Nothing has negatively pinged me yet" seems at odds with your characterization of Thunal as being so strongly town you're willing to townclear her and POE out whoever's left as the scum team.
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

staypositivefriend wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:58 pm
tutuu wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:57 pm whoever u and spf and nutella say
when did u start tring me?
when i decided nutella is my queen, she townreads u so that means i townread u. u townread hally so i townread hally
MartinGG99
Racketeer
They/them

Post by MartinGG99 »

Alison wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:01 pm "Nothing has negatively pinged me yet" seems at odds with your characterization of Thunal as being so strongly town you're willing to townclear her and POE out whoever's left as the scum team.
Well perhaps I'm using words that have a different set value or meaning to you than it does to me.

Or I'm terrible at communicating.

Or I did communicate what I meant, and that's a play by me that you disagree with.

Even in the last case, I do try to be as consistent as possible in my beliefs.

However, as some have noticed I haven't exactly been consistent for the entirety of D2 in some ways.

I'm trying to fix that about myself.
A.K.A. "That One Idiot"

Town Wins (on TS)
ImageImageImageImage
Mafia Wins (on TS)
None lol
Other/3P Wins (on TS)
None lol
Hosted Games (on TS)
ImageImage
Neat Quote:

Return to “Previous Rackets”