64%

Total votes: 22
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 684
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Re: Game of Champions 2020 [Day 8]

Post by Long Con »

Hyena wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:47 pm Either way, I think I've found the four of the five people that -I- need to have auto? Those people are Tim, HK, LC, and Tutuu. I think Kyle would make an okay 5th, and if not, Syn would probably okay. Don't care about anyone else -- you can yeet them in any order now for all I care.
Venn diagram now with the general thread suspicions.
hollowkatt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 624

Post by hollowkatt »

Hyena wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:47 pm Either way, I think I've found the four of the five people that -I- need to have auto? Those people are Tim, HK, LC, and Tutuu. I think Kyle would make an okay 5th, and if not, Syn would probably okay. Don't care about anyone else -- you can yeet them in any order now for all I care.
I'd allow kyle, jpic, and syn in that last slot. probably in kyle/syn/jpic order
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImage
tutuu wrote:fluffy furry
fluffy fluffy
kitty kitty
oiiii oiii oiiii
soft fluffy paws
Syn
Hitman
Posts in topic: 1057

Post by Syn »

Made wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:38 pm
hollowkatt wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:07 pm @Timsup2nothin the point of that game is: I think you're solidly town, like just unimpeachable, and I know you can take over games.
My concern about you is that you're not. You're content to just exist.
I know you've claimed shots, and the shots you've claimed make sense. I don't dispute that.
What I don't like is that my main perception of you is "you're all all wrong" that you had going for several days while we were chopping wolves.

Suddenly, when you can't impact things by voting and pressuring we start chopping townies. I see you railing vs made but I don't see you actually burying him like I know that town!Tim can do.

With Syn: My concern there is all sorts of tinfoil and doesn't make sense, I think. Like He's playing a really townie game, and he's made the right chops at the right time. It's basically some fear that he's been the mastermind behind those, aka busing.

Like GTH I have Syn as town, and if we (the three of us) make F3 I'm fucked trying to figure out which of you two it is.

I don't think we get there tbh, I think Made is the wolf we're looking for.

i'm also concerned about Michelle. Like of everyone else in the thread Michelle is the one I have the most fear about.
I will off myself right here right now. I am civvie willing and ready to risk it all on some petty type
now you have some day kamikaze role? wonders abound

but if you do, use it

ImageImageImageImage
tutuu
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 1921

Post by tutuu »

tutuu wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:49 pm
Timsup2nothin wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:45 pm
tutuu wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:25 pm
Hyena wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:22 pm
tutuu wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:12 pm just cuz they were wrong on some reads it doesnt mean they have to be wrong on all what is that logical fallacy....

if a person making a single wrong read invalidates everything they've done - how do u read people hyena?

tell me how are u townreading anyone rn?
I'm not saying they have to be wrong on all of their reads! I'm trying to see if you actually believe if that's good evidence from your PoV. Like, what makes their reads on you more credible than any of their other reads? Nutella thought I was lock town -- can I say that I'm lock town because of it, too? And how much would you believe Nutella's read if so?
well sure - maybe i dont sheep others all the time so i shouldnt expcet others to aswell

but like. idk man im town lol

what am i supposd to do in a game where i got peeked town, and when i personally feel ive been obv town regardless, and then ppl start tinfoiling me - what do they want me to do? like-

im not gonna jump around and dance with a hoola loop on my waist if thats what ppl expect me to do thats for sure
That would be NAI, but I'd still be interested actually, not gonna lie.
lmfao

i mean ... *eyeroll*
@Timsup2nothin (i was just trying to be cute i didnt mean *eyeroll* in a mean way i meant it in a friendly way im afraid if i didnt express it properly pls dont hate me T_T)
Timsup2nothin
Veteran of 1000 Psychic Wars
Posts in topic: 1125

Post by Timsup2nothin »

@hollowkatt

Two things to hopefully make you feel better:

1) Sometimes town Tim is genuinely clueless and does not take over the game specifically for that reason. Wolf Tim is never clueless and will pretty much always take over the game.

2) You may have noticed that my town playstyle is not a terrific good fit with the Syndicats. Taking over a game here is really fucking hard work for me. So if town is gonna win by me taking over and spiking the last wolf it is going to happen later, not sooner. F5 maybe. F12...just not. At this point I'm more focused on just not getting mislynched for not being Syndicatty enough.
ImageImageImageImage
noted "I can't be fucking bothered" aficionado who dual wields the sword of contrarianism in one hand and a hot cheetos family bag in the other
Hyena
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 822
Preferred Pronouns: Any pronouns work!

Post by Hyena »

Long Con wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:50 pm
How do I make a Venn diagram from that info? o:

Either way, I don't want to try reading Made anymore. I still have a mild suspicion of Dizzy, even if there has been more stuff I liked from them the past two day phases. I just can't shake away those bad gut feelings. One thing in particular that still weirded me out is the "cold feet" that the started getting on 112 right before 112 claimed 3P. It felt like Dizzy wanted 112 yeeted, thinking 112 was town, but didn't want to look bad for voting them later. Then, the "cold feet" seemed to disappear immediately once 112 claimed 3P.
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

tutuu wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:55 pm
tutuu wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:49 pm
Timsup2nothin wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:45 pm
tutuu wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:25 pm
Hyena wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:22 pm
tutuu wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:12 pm just cuz they were wrong on some reads it doesnt mean they have to be wrong on all what is that logical fallacy....

if a person making a single wrong read invalidates everything they've done - how do u read people hyena?

tell me how are u townreading anyone rn?
I'm not saying they have to be wrong on all of their reads! I'm trying to see if you actually believe if that's good evidence from your PoV. Like, what makes their reads on you more credible than any of their other reads? Nutella thought I was lock town -- can I say that I'm lock town because of it, too? And how much would you believe Nutella's read if so?
well sure - maybe i dont sheep others all the time so i shouldnt expcet others to aswell

but like. idk man im town lol

what am i supposd to do in a game where i got peeked town, and when i personally feel ive been obv town regardless, and then ppl start tinfoiling me - what do they want me to do? like-

im not gonna jump around and dance with a hoola loop on my waist if thats what ppl expect me to do thats for sure
That would be NAI, but I'd still be interested actually, not gonna lie.
lmfao

i mean ... *eyeroll*
@Timsup2nothin (i was just trying to be cute i didnt mean *eyeroll* in a mean way i meant it in a friendly way im afraid if i didnt express it properly pls dont hate me T_T)
If I claim to be offended do I get the hula hoop video?
you can't offend me Tutuu, <patpat>
ImageImageImageImage
noted "I can't be fucking bothered" aficionado who dual wields the sword of contrarianism in one hand and a hot cheetos family bag in the other
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Hyena wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:57 pm

Either way, I don't want to try reading Made anymore. I still have a mild suspicion of Dizzy, even if there has been more stuff I liked from them the past two day phases. I just can't shake away those bad gut feelings. One thing in particular that still weirded me out is the "cold feet" that the started getting on 112 right before 112 claimed 3P. It felt like Dizzy wanted 112 yeeted, thinking 112 was town, but didn't want to look bad for voting them later. Then, the "cold feet" seemed to disappear immediately once 112 claimed 3P.
I just mean, let's yeet the strongest overlap between the generally accepted POE and your mirror-universe one.
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

hughug
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

JPIC is a complete toss up for me. Like, there has been a lot of stuff that I wanted to lock him town for, but every once in a while, he'll say something that'll make me do a double take and think "am I wrong here?". I've pointed out a couple of these things in previous posts. I feel like I had a strong reason to call Michelle town earlier, but I dunno if she's done anything since then that makes me want to continue calling her town. I dunno.
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Hyena wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:50 pm
@Timsup2nothin If you've got another shot, please keep it -outside- of these people, especially the main four.
If we're still alive at near the end of day ten we'll consult again, but for now, sure.
ImageImageImageImage
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

Long Con wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:59 pm

I just mean, let's yeet the strongest overlap between the generally accepted POE and your mirror-universe one.
Oh, that makes sense. Right now, I think Made is in the bottom of the general accepted PoE, and he's, like, somewhere in the middle of mine. I have no problem starting there.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Hyena wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 11:02 pm

Oh, that makes sense. Right now, I think Made is in the bottom of the general accepted PoE, and he's, like, somewhere in the middle of mine. I have no problem starting there.
:haha: :haha: :haha: This is how the world ends.
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

And the order I'd go in if I had full control is Made -> Alison -> Dizzy -> Michelle -> JPIC. JPIC is on the border though for me. Made -> Alison and then one of Michelle or Dizzy would probably always be what I would aim for right now though.
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

Hyena wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 11:07 pm

And the order I'd go in if I had full control is Made -> Alison -> Dizzy -> Michelle -> JPIC. JPIC is on the border though for me. Made -> Alison and then one of Michelle or Dizzy would probably always be what I would aim for right now though.
@Alison When exactly do you leave the game again (assuming you leave when you've fulfilled your win con)?
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

@Made

I think maybe you are town, but there is no universe where I know that as fact.

I think you are tired, and lord knows I understand that. I shot you last night specifically because the state of the thread at EoD was "if Wilgy flips town it's Made" and I don't think you have the energy or the opportunity to fight that off, so even if shooting you was wrong it would have given town a fresh start on the day.

You can say, and I can agree, that town should "act as if you flipped town" and work on what then...but I think we both know that isn't realistic. Town will town.

IF you really do have a self blast in the tank, I think the town sided thing for you to do here, honestly, is use it rather than get chopped. That makes the next kill the chop, controlled by town, instead of the NK. It also forces the town to really enter the mindset you suggested, if you really are town.

Ultimately it is your decision of course, and I certainly don't envy you facing it...but that's my take on the state of the game.
ImageImageImageImage
Syn
Hitman

Post by Syn »

look at tim trying to earn some town cred

isn't he so cute

such a wittle baby

ImageImageImageImage
Made
Hitman
Posts in topic: 1011
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Made »

Timsup2nothin wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 11:12 pm @Made

I think you are tired, and lord knows I understand that. I shot you last night specifically because the state of the thread at EoD was "if Wilgy flips town it's Made" and I don't think you have the energy or the opportunity to fight that off, so even if shooting you was wrong it would have given town a fresh start on the day.

You can say, and I can agree, that town should "act as if you flipped town" and work on what then...but I think we both know that isn't realistic. Town will town.

IF you really do have a self blast in the tank, I think the town sided thing for you to do here, honestly, is use it rather than get chopped. That makes the next kill the chop, controlled by town, instead of the NK. It also forces the town to really enter the mindset you suggested, if you really are town.

Ultimately it is your decision of course, and I certainly don't envy you facing it...but that's my take on the state of the game.
Is anyone less townie than me from your view?
Pov: you reading my takes
Syn
Hitman

Post by Syn »

Made wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 11:19 pm
Timsup2nothin wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 11:12 pm @Made

Is anyone less townie than me from your view?
your 1000th post should be your kamikaze

which is your next post

really make it symbolic

ImageImageImageImage
tutuu

Post by tutuu »

Syn wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 11:18 pm look at tim trying to earn some town cred

isn't he so cute

such a wittle baby
lmfaooooooooo
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

but yeah, uh, I don't actually think tutuu is scum. LC is prob fine. Kill Tim then kill HK. Personally, I'd go for someone else before Alison, but that cuz i still don't see why she needs to die. but yeah.
great game ____ & _____!! (i technically can't mention their names or i'm complying with the curse)

see y'all on the flip side

1000 post in one game is new record, and third new record in a row :haha:

but yeah, see ya later nerds :slick:

It is finished.
Syn
Hitman

Post by Syn »

:eyes:

ImageImageImageImage
hollowkatt
Racketeer

Post by hollowkatt »

Timsup2nothin wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:56 pm @hollowkatt

Two things to hopefully make you feel better:

1) Sometimes town Tim is genuinely clueless and does not take over the game specifically for that reason. Wolf Tim is never clueless and will pretty much always take over the game.

2) You may have noticed that my town playstyle is not a terrific good fit with the Syndicats. Taking over a game here is really fucking hard work for me. So if town is gonna win by me taking over and spiking the last wolf it is going to happen later, not sooner. F5 maybe. F12...just not. At this point I'm more focused on just not getting mislynched for not being Syndicatty enough.
thanks, appreciated.
fluffy fluffy
kitty kitty
oiiii oiii oiiii
soft fluffy paws
hollowkatt
Racketeer

Post by hollowkatt »

Made wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 11:37 pm but yeah, uh, I don't actually think tutuu is scum. LC is prob fine. Kill Tim then kill HK. Personally, I'd go for someone else before Alison, but that cuz i still don't see why she needs to die. but yeah.
great game ____ & _____!! (i technically can't mention their names or i'm complying with the curse)

It is finished.
o7
fluffy fluffy
kitty kitty
oiiii oiii oiiii
soft fluffy paws
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 1248
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

what is even that
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Made wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 11:37 pm but yeah, uh, I don't actually think tutuu is scum. LC is prob fine. Kill Tim then kill HK. Personally, I'd go for someone else before Alison, but that cuz i still don't see why she needs to die. but yeah.

It is finished.
Honorable play. o7

If Made is town we suck.
ImageImageImageImage
hollowkatt
Racketeer

Post by hollowkatt »

that doesn't have to be an If statement
fluffy fluffy
kitty kitty
oiiii oiii oiiii
soft fluffy paws
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

hollowkatt wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 11:51 pm that doesn't have to be an If statement
I trust nothing until I see a mod posted flip.
ImageImageImageImage
hollowkatt
Racketeer

Post by hollowkatt »

Timsup2nothin wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 11:54 pm
hollowkatt wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 11:51 pm that doesn't have to be an If statement
I meant we can still suck even if made flips wolf.
fluffy fluffy
kitty kitty
oiiii oiii oiiii
soft fluffy paws
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

hollowkatt wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 11:59 pm
Timsup2nothin wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 11:54 pm
I meant we can still suck even if made flips wolf.
fair
ImageImageImageImage
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Timsup2nothin wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 11:49 pm

It is finished.
Honorable play. o7

If Made is town we suck.
If there's one wolf left, then we have a few shots at it. Made had to be one of them, didn't he? I don't think it sucks, he just didn't acquire all the credentials along the way to rank higher in general trust. :shrug: That's on him to a degree. It doesn't have to mean WE suck. I don't want to suck.
hollowkatt
Racketeer

Post by hollowkatt »

Made was always going to be a shot.
If you think I have wolf equity I'd advocate to solve that sooner rather than later.
Like wise with Tim, if you think he's got wolf equity solve that sooner than LYLO.

I don't think Syn has wolf equity, nor do I think Hyena, Tutuu, Kyle, or LC does.

You could argue that Dizzy has wolf equity, you could also argue Michelle does.

Basically I'd take off of the table the following people:
hyena
syn
tutuu
kyle
LC
Myself, but I can understand why others wouldn't.

I'd have to have a very convincing argument made to consider Tim as wolf.
I'd have to have a convincing (note not very convincing) argument to consider Dizzy or JPIC as wolf.
Even less convincing to think about Michelle.

That basically leaves me with Made as the "obvs wolf" and if that's wrong I'd start looking long and hard at Michelle, Dizzy, JPIC, Tim in about that order I think.
If I missed someone it's b/c I'm scrolling up and down to see the poll list, not b/c nefarious reasons
fluffy fluffy
kitty kitty
oiiii oiii oiiii
soft fluffy paws
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Hollowkatt, I think you're off the table because I tracked you last night. You didn't kill Radishes.
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

What if Nanook wasn't a wolf?
ImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Timsup2nothin wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 1:22 am What if Nanook wasn't a wolf?
You mean that ability that makes it seem like a villager is bad?
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Long Con wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 1:27 am
Yeah.

"You are not only an incredible polka accordionist, you are also a brilliant scientist able to convert others into more useful or dangerous versions of themselves. Using your transformation chamber, you may metamorph your target into Carl Winslow or turn yourself into Stefan Urquell. Carl Winslow can check someone and determine the role and description, but not alignment. Stefan Urquell can charm someone into going on a date with him and receive BTSC with the target for the next phase. Be warned that giving someone the Urquell treatment is not without consequences. If someone dies in this state (including you) he or she will be revealed as the transformed figure and as mafia, regardless of alignment. Did I do that?"

What if Wilgy's power got stolen or redirected or whatever?

Nanook flipped as a dead bland Mafia Goon.

Look at the rest of the flips.

Does that even make sense?
ImageImageImageImage
Syn
Hitman

Post by Syn »

hollowkatt wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 1:01 am
I'd have to have a very convincing argument made to consider Tim as wolf.
here's one: his face

ImageImageImageImage
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

If Made was a miss y'all can get all excited about chopping me, and that's all good...but someone with some sense of the mech should consider the possibilities of Nanook being the night kill and Kyle just somehow protecting TuTuu without an actual redirect.
ImageImageImageImage
Syn
Hitman

Post by Syn »

Timsup2nothin wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 1:29 am
Yeah.

"You are not only an incredible polka accordionist, you are also a brilliant scientist able to convert others into more useful or dangerous versions of themselves. Using your transformation chamber, you may metamorph your target into Carl Winslow or turn yourself into Stefan Urquell. Carl Winslow can check someone and determine the role and description, but not alignment. Stefan Urquell can charm someone into going on a date with him and receive BTSC with the target for the next phase. Be warned that giving someone the Urquell treatment is not without consequences. If someone dies in this state (including you) he or she will be revealed as the transformed figure and as mafia, regardless of alignment. Did I do that?"

Nanook flipped as some nerd, not Stefan Urquell

ImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Timsup2nothin wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 1:29 am
Yeah.

No, Nanook would have been revealed as Carl Winslow, Mafia if that were the case.
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

hmmm...sure
ImageImageImageImage
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

So, here's the thing. Assuming Made dying does not end the game one of two things is happening here...

We are collectively reading someone as town who isn't.

There is some sort of mechanical fuckery going on.

There are definitely people who are 'mech cleared' that have not been all that towny. I actually think fuckery is more likely here, but YMMV.
ImageImageImageImage
Syn
Hitman

Post by Syn »

Timsup2nothin wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 2:12 am So, here's the thing. Assuming Made dying does not end the game one of two things is happening here...

There are definitely people who are 'mech cleared' that have not been all that towny. I actually think fuckery is more likely here, but YMMV.
or it's just you

ImageImageImageImage
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

Timsup2nothin wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 2:12 am So, here's the thing. Assuming Made dying does not end the game one of two things is happening here...

This is kinda why I've been trying to steer the game the past couple hours towards stuff based on reads rather than based on mechanics. I've been screwed over as town by mechanics so many times in the past.
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Yeah, that's always possible but ya gotta admit seems unlikely.
ImageImageImageImage
Timsup2nothin

Post by Timsup2nothin »

Hyena wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 2:20 am

This is kinda why I've been trying to steer the game the past couple hours towards stuff based on reads rather than based on mechanics. I've been screwed over as town by mechanics so many times in the past.
To be clear, every game I have played on the Syndicate has been mostly resolved by mechanics...more often badly interpreted mechanics than not.
ImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

Timsup2nothin wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 1:35 am If Made was a miss y'all can get all excited about chopping me, and that's all good...but someone with some sense of the mech should consider the possibilities of Nanook being the night kill and Kyle just somehow protecting TuTuu without an actual redirect.
i know there's like a 50% chance you're not being serious about this but my thieving power is 100% public and happened like a half hour before tutuu was even on the table. i was protecting made
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason

Post by Kylemii »

ah i see you already rescinded
Michelle
Made Man
Posts in topic: 1359
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers/herself

Post by Michelle »

Hyena wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:33 pm
Hyena wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:32 pm
hollowkatt wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:26 pm
Hyena wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:23 pm
Made wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:13 pm
Hyena wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:49 pm
Hyena wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:47 pm

@Long Con and @hollowkatt
You two can join, too.
There's 11 players remaining. If the five of us are town, then we only need to find ONE more person that's town, excluding @Alison (though Alison, if you want to help out with this, you're free to join, too). Who should be the last person we include in our towncore?

@Timsup2nothin
@Made
@Long Con
@hollowkatt
I’d say it’s always Long Con as town. Tim is probably scum, HK could be scum, Long Con is almost always town
MADE! NO! WE'RE A TOWN CORE! PICK SOMEONE -NOT- IN THOSE FOUR!!!
I'll pick Syn
Okay, cool.

@Syn You're now in the new towncore with me, Tim, Made, HK, and LC. There's six of us, and five of them -- we just chop them one by one now and we win, assuming the six of us are all town! How do you feel about that?
@Michelle You might be replacing Syn in the towncore. The new people in charge are still discussing it.
I'm catching up, good morning, and I saw the alerts.
I am towcore for a lot of reasons, and i accept this read.

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:59 pm Death before cowardice.

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”