JaggedJimmyJay
No votes
KZA
No votes
Poison
No votes
No Eviction
10%
Tarek El Moussa and Christina Haack (Host, MoD, Dead, Nons)
50%

Total votes: 10
Grogu
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 59

Re: Mafia (DAY 4)

Post by Grogu »

fingersplints wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 12:48 am
Grogu wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 12:08 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 12:06 am splints claimed to block you Grogu, not Epignosis. Does this impact your perspective?
Yeah then it applies to finger.
Very opportunistic
I would agree that your accusations are very opportunistic .
You are just accusing anyone at this point.

I don’t really by that mafia would just abstain from the kill, when they haven’t had a single kill this game. This close to the end, reducing the numbers would be priority.
So your solve is that each day you blocked the scum submitting and they have allowed you to? Haha this is dream status.
Image Image Image
Grogu
Drug Dealer

Post by Grogu »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 12:54 am @fingersplints what motivated you to block Grogu this time around?
The claimed Bg. I think it just fits in the easy to get him lynch if they abstain and also explain why he’s still alive.
Image Image Image
fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 91

Post by fingersplints »

Grogu wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 12:55 am
fingersplints wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 12:48 am
Grogu wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 12:08 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 12:06 am splints claimed to block you Grogu, not Epignosis. Does this impact your perspective?
Yeah then it applies to finger.
Very opportunistic
I would agree that your accusations are very opportunistic .
You are just accusing anyone at this point.

I don’t really by that mafia would just abstain from the kill, when they haven’t had a single kill this game. This close to the end, reducing the numbers would be priority.
So your solve is that each day you blocked the scum submitting and they have allowed you to? Haha this is dream status.
When did I say that my block stopped the kill every night? I wouldn’t claim this as I know for a fact it didn’t at least N1 with LC.
The other nights there were other actions out there. Protections. Other blocks. Possibility of abstained or missed from inactivity kills. I believe it was JJJ pointed out every player checked in last night so it wasn’t likely to be missed.
That would leave abstain (which as I said I don’t think makes a ton of sense with numbers this low) or actions and I don’t think there are a any other blocks/protects left out there?
Gro-oo-ovy
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 274
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

@Grogu who have you targeted each night?
Spoiler: show
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Grogu
Drug Dealer

Post by Grogu »

What are all the claims? Didn’t 2 players claimed to have blocking powers? That is so Op in this setup
Image Image Image
Grogu
Drug Dealer

Post by Grogu »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 12:59 am @Grogu who have you targeted each night?
No one. Is there any player worthy of me sacrificing myself? I have submitted zero names
Image Image Image
Grogu
Drug Dealer

Post by Grogu »

I was going to Bg Alison before she claimed insane.
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Grogu wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 1:00 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 12:59 am @Grogu who have you targeted each night?
No one. Is there any player worthy of me sacrificing myself? I have submitted zero names
You could have sacrificed yourself, a player on the verge of getting eliminated, to save the every night role blocker (the one you say should always be killed), or the jack of all trades, or the guy you keep calling "one of the best" (me).

None of them? Not one?
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 12:54 am @fingersplints what motivated you to block Grogu this time around?
Because there was a big push for him yesterday, then the tides of the thread changed, he was saved and a civvie was lynched. I thought he was bad yesterday and his posts since have done nothing to change my mind.

He is claiming I would have blocked the person again last night, but I couldn’t block scirrus again and I’m not sold on Enrique plus if he was mafia he kept posting in thread to be blocked again so it seemed to me like not the right choice.
Gro-oo-ovy
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

Hold on let me check something
Gro-oo-ovy
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

fingersplints wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 1:04 am Hold on let me check something

Nvm it’s 5 am and I thought I though of something clever but it’s not. XD

I do know that I don’t really want grogu and the block to be the only discussion for the day. Only talking about blocks has gotten us no where.
Gro-oo-ovy
Grogu
Drug Dealer

Post by Grogu »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 1:02 am
You could have sacrificed yourself, a player on the verge of getting eliminated, to save the every night role blocker (the one you say should always be killed), or the jack of all trades, or the guy you keep calling "one of the best" (me).

None of them? Not one?
I never trusted finger.
Just today I found out about the JOAT.
And I don’t trust you either. The fact you are great doesn’t mean you are town.
Also if you think I’m on the verge of being eliminated do you also think I carry the kill?
Image Image Image
Grogu
Drug Dealer

Post by Grogu »

:huh:
fingersplints wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 1:03 am
Because there was a big push for him yesterday, then the tides of the thread changed, he was saved and a civvie was lynched. I thought he was bad yesterday and his posts since have done nothing to change my mind.

He is claiming I would have blocked the person again last night, but I couldn’t block scirrus again and I’m not sold on Enrique plus if he was mafia he kept posting in thread to be blocked again so it seemed to me like not the right choice.
I never said that. I said that if I was scum then scirrus who would be scum too since you blocked him should have carry the kill again.
You blocked all 3 nights and they was no kill. Why you think today was a real stop?
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Grogu wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 1:09 am

None of them? Not one?
I never trusted finger.
Also if you think I’m on the verge of being eliminated do you also think I carry the kill?
Whether you trust people should be irrelevant. You can protect fingersplints, die in her place, and then know in the graveyard that you probably saved an important town role from dying -- exactly what your role is designed for. Not using your ability at all makes no sense at all to me.

I don't care much about the "would I carry the kill" wine. When I am a mafioso I tend to prefer teammates in dangerous positions carry them out to prevent losing someone deeper.

You've accused everyone that has posted so far today. That's fine. Is anyone a civilian read? Is anyone less suspicious?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I'm tired of [VOTE: Scirrus] aubergine continually staying silent until someone accuses him of something.

[10]

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

Grogu wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 1:11 am :huh:

I never said that. I said that if I was scum then scirrus who would be scum too since you blocked him should have carry the kill again.
You blocked all 3 nights and they was no kill. Why you think today was a real stop?
I literally just answered that to you tonight. Other nights there were other abilities out there, or inactivity that led me to believe the kill could have been missed.

My suspicion of you is not based on just the block alone.
Gro-oo-ovy
Grogu
Drug Dealer

Post by Grogu »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 1:18 am

None of them? Not one?
I never trusted finger.
Whether you trust people should be irrelevant. You can protect fingersplints, die in her place, and then know in the graveyard that you probably saved an important town role from dying -- exactly what your role is designed for. Not using your ability at all makes no sense at all to me.

I don't care much about the "would I carry the kill" wine. When I am a mafioso I tend to prefer teammates in dangerous positions carry them out to prevent losing someone deeper.

You've accused everyone that has posted so far today. That's fine. Is anyone a civilian read? Is anyone less suspicious?
Is is not about that. If he really thought he’s been blocking scum kills then he needs to think scirrrus was scum and then scirrus is free to carry kill last night that’s all.
Image Image Image
Grogu
Drug Dealer

Post by Grogu »

fingersplints wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 1:21 am
Grogu wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 1:11 am :huh:

I literally just answered that to you tonight. Other nights there were other abilities out there, or inactivity that led me to believe the kill could have been missed.

My suspicion of you is not based on just the block alone.
What are the other reasons? Why would u be alive?
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

@Grogu can you tell me any players that you think look like civilians? Who do you think is least likely to be mafia?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

One thing I want to say about a point @fingersplints has made: that mafia would be disinclined to abstain a kill with the game dwindled down so much.

I don't think that's necessarily true, at least not if there are three of them. 5 vs. 3 is hardly worse to them than 4 vs 3 is -- either way it's one bad elimination and a/or night kill (lol) away from game over. Keeping power roles alive may seem risky, but if they're not killing anyway a roleblocker is less concerning. :goofp: I doubt they give a crap about my role, Epi is out of claimed shots now (and only had a vote manipulation left), KZA's role claim is a day ability that explicitly harms civilians no matter how it's used (even if KZA is one of them). Poison's role may seem threatening, which is why I think Grogu would be a sensible option to carry a kill -- losing him to a track may seem less damaging than losing someone deeper to a track.

If there are two of them that doesn't apply, and we're not in a massive emergency quite yet.

No clue what it is though.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

Grogu wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 1:53 amWhat are the other reasons? Why would u be alive?
Ok, well I addressed why I didn’t trust you yesterday.
fingersplints wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 6:23 am And tbh I hate when players don’t post and then get to claim a win, so it’s time to cut the extras.

Grogu’s few posts have been
- messing around in the thread
- saying Marmot is off limits. Pretty strong defence. Mafia would know he was civvie
- conveniently showing up and apologising for inactivity once the votes start

There was a couple more but also unsubstantial
Since then, you had many posts about how could we lynch Alison over scirrus and Enrique? So you seemed to trust in the potential blocks from yesterday, all while saying you doubt both me and Epi, so why so against specifically them if not the blocks because you haven’t given any really solid reasons. (Also again, same with Marmot of course you would know Alison was a civvie if you are bad) Your latest posts have now been just accusing anyone who mentions you. So yea overall it’s not really a good look.

As to “why would I be alive?” Why wouldn’t I be? There has only been one kill at night.
Gro-oo-ovy
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 2:03 am One thing I want to say about a point @fingersplints has made: that mafia would be disinclined to abstain a kill with the game dwindled down so much.

I don't think that's necessarily true, at least not if there are three of them. 5 vs. 3 is hardly worse to them than 4 vs 3 is -- either way it's one bad elimination and a/or night kill (lol) away from game over. Keeping power roles alive may seem risky, but if they're not killing anyway a roleblocker is less concerning. :goofp: I doubt they give a crap about my role, Epi is out of claimed shots now (and only had a vote manipulation left), KZA's role claim is a day ability that explicitly harms civilians no matter how it's used (even if KZA is one of them). Poison's role may seem threatening, which is why I think Grogu would be a sensible option to carry a kill -- losing him to a track may seem less damaging than losing someone deeper to a track.

If there are two of them that doesn't apply, and we're not in a massive emergency quite yet.

No clue what it is though.
IF Enrique is bad, his vote is worth two right? So 4 instead of 5, could mean the difference in controlling the lynch/pushing no lynch then attempting a night kill.

Again this is IF Enrique is bad. IF they have three.

I think I just have a hard time believing mafia wouldn’t want to kill anyways. I don’t think I’ve ever been in a game with talk of abstaining from a kill. :shrug2:
Gro-oo-ovy
Poison
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 29
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/cookies
Aka: Cookie In The Woods

Post by Poison »

kza didnt use any abilities last night
XTMF wrote:Yo Poison, you are fucking dying.
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

Poison wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 4:03 am kza didnt use any abilities last night
Care to add any contribution to the discussion?
Gro-oo-ovy
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 146

Re: Mafia (NIGHT 3)

Post by Epignosis »

Scirrus wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:13 pm JJJ has been progressively meh as the game has gone on.
This is what I was about to come into the thread to say about you.
Scirrus wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:15 pm I dont think its epi or fingersplints. This might be a dumb reason but I believe Epi when he says he wouldnt be abstaining from kills.

Fingerprints still just seems towny. I dont see her faking the blocks.
Is JJJ abstaining from kills?

++++
KZA wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:47 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:45 pm
KZA wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:44 pm
Scirrus wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:37 pm
KZA wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:50 pm Well I cleared Enrique but now I have to consider Epi and JJJ
are you scum with Enrique
Nah I'm one of those roles that can one shot cancel the elimination
As in cause nobody to be eliminated or cause someone different to be eliminated?
No elim

1 shot chop stop
I am not following this.

++++
Scirrus wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:31 pm
Enrique wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:25 pm
Scirrus wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:12 pm
KZA wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:50 pm Well I cleared Enrique but now I have to consider Epi and JJJ
Did you expect him to be lying about his role if he is mafia here? I don't see why he would considering the tie was between townies. He has no need to lie if he's scum.

I could only see him lying about his role is if I am scum with him. Telling the truth makes Enrique look terrible with the Alison flip and I don't know why he would do that lol.

And this isnt the case because I'm town anyway so
So what option exactly *wouldn't* have looked terrible?
In the event that we're both mafia? Lmao you know thats not the case

claiming something that would have made you looked better. Mafia have the benefit of lying to give themselves an advantage in a closed setup like this.

I am trusting town's claims to be legit. I assume mafia is too. My early claim of 1x vig clearly didnt help me bc i got blocked later and all I could really say is

"srry im vanilla now"

It doesnt do much to inspire confidence
Which claims are you trusting to be legit?

++++
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 3:22 pm KZA was right when he suggested Grogu's role claim is a viable "opposite" to my own, and if it's a real claim it ought to be a decent look at least. A bodyguard is close to useless for a mafia team. This must be tempered however, because at least one civilian role was useless to the civilian team (Alison's 50/50 cop).
A bodyguard is a viable fake claim for mafia, is it not?

++++
Poison wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 9:36 pm
Poison wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 4:53 am Hi hello I'm alive. I'll catch up I'm sorry too much stuff kinda giving me concussion. At first I'll just reply to the mentions.
Scirrus wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:45 pm The quickness of Grogu wagon is noted. Is it relevant? Who knows

@Poison would really like you to get in here and share your thoughts on stuff.
I will do that now, I need to read the thread though.
Scirrus wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:13 pm Town is being lead astray here

Who hasn't claimed? I think everyone who hasn't claimed should claim now.

@Enrique @Poison @reywaS @Grogu

I think these are the nonclaims, apologies if you claimed and i haven't seen it
Oh I can claim. I am the tracker. I tracked JJJ night 1 bot I got no results from reways.
@JaggedJimmyJay
You tracked JJJ Night 1. That should mean you saw JJJ target reywaS. What do you mean you got no result from reywaS?

Doesn't that indicate to you that JJJ lied?

Or am I misinterpreting something?

++++

I'll post this for now and continue reading.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Grogu wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 12:01 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:31 pm Three claimed blocks over the last two nights with two confirmed non-kills: Enrique, Scirrus, Grogu.

Might have myself a big ol' shrug, say that's the mafia team, take my ball, and go home.

[VOTE: Grogu] aubergine

At the least this time the kill was unlikely forgotten. Every single player made a night phase appearance. Drop one theory and leave two. Either Grogu was flat blocked or it's abstained on purpose. The latter isn't mutually exclusive with Grogu being mafia-aligned.
I’m the Bg. Why would epi would block me?
That seems fishy. Also wtf wouldn’t scum who got blocked last night just carry the kill. I would never... be smart now
I had one blocked and used it on Enrique.
Grogu wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 11:59 pm
fingersplints wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:25 pm I blocked grogu
I didn’t do anything.
So you're supposed to be the bodyguard but you didn't guard anybody?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 3:39 pm I find myself wondering now if Grogu's role is opposite to my own because it's oppositely aligned. Whether it's "useful" may not be meaningful. Alison's role was useless. But also:

My role is nearly useless. For a civilian to effectively use a hider role requires incredible good luck, and almost any other application just causes extra needless confusion that is harmful to the team. The only truly good impact it can have is to draw a night kill and direct it to someone else. I was robbed of that capacity well before Night 1 was over, so for me the role is worthless. I'm also obligated to use it. I don't know if that applies to anyone else.

Grogu's role would be nearly useless for a mafia team. He can technically sacrifice himself to a town vigilante in order to save a better-positioned teammate. Such an eventuality is possible, but through the lens of a randomized role list it ought to seem pretty rare. That kind of parallels my role in the opposite direction.

This is super speculative, but we have no choice. We must speculate.
Does this not apply to you Grogu?
I see. How thoughtful of you. :ponder:

++++

I have a thought unrelated to all of the above mess, but I must go get what is left of my hair cut and cogitate on this matter.
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

So I must have missed that quote Epi just posted from JJJ talking about is grogu’s role opposite from his own because it’s oppositely aligned. Or I wasn’t really thinking about grogu’s role until now. Either way, I have a thought I just had on the matter.

IF grogu is lynched and IF that is his role with a MAFIA alignment, it would clear scirrus, right? For that role to have any point of existing on a mafia team there has to be a town vig. Or am I missing something.

I don’t know yet who I think is the best lynch. Still probably leaning grogu, but also still not feeling great about scirrus, and Poison’s lack of recent activity also has me concerned.

I definitely don’t completely trust Enrique or KZA, but for now they are reading more genuine to me.

I still trust Epi and JJJ, if that wasn’t obvious. :)

So if I had to list from most likely mafia to most likely town it’d be

Grogu
Scirrus

Poison

Enrique
KZA

Epignosis
JJJ
Gro-oo-ovy
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Enrique wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 11:54 pm lets get his ass

[VOTE: grogu] aubergine
Am I correct that this is the only post Enrique has produced today?
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

That is correct.
Gro-oo-ovy
fingersplints
Hitman

Re: Mafia (NIGHT 3)

Post by fingersplints »

This is poison’s only post for the day:
Poison wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 4:03 am kza didnt use any abilities last night
Scirrus has not posted.

:|
Gro-oo-ovy
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

[VOTE: Scirrus] aubergine
Grogu
Drug Dealer

Post by Grogu »

Epignosis wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 12:17 pm
Grogu wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 12:01 am
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:31 pm Three claimed blocks over the last two nights with two confirmed non-kills: Enrique, Scirrus, Grogu.

Might have myself a big ol' shrug, say that's the mafia team, take my ball, and go home.

At the least this time the kill was unlikely forgotten. Every single player made a night phase appearance. Drop one theory and leave two. Either Grogu was flat blocked or it's abstained on purpose. The latter isn't mutually exclusive with Grogu being mafia-aligned.
I’m the Bg. Why would epi would block me?
That seems fishy. Also wtf wouldn’t scum who got blocked last night just carry the kill. I would never... be smart now
I had one blocked and used it on Enrique.
Grogu wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 11:59 pm
fingersplints wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:25 pm I blocked grogu
I didn’t do anything.
So you're supposed to be the bodyguard but you didn't guard anybody?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 3:39 pm I find myself wondering now if Grogu's role is opposite to my own because it's oppositely aligned. Whether it's "useful" may not be meaningful. Alison's role was useless. But also:

My role is nearly useless. For a civilian to effectively use a hider role requires incredible good luck, and almost any other application just causes extra needless confusion that is harmful to the team. The only truly good impact it can have is to draw a night kill and direct it to someone else. I was robbed of that capacity well before Night 1 was over, so for me the role is worthless. I'm also obligated to use it. I don't know if that applies to anyone else.

Grogu's role would be nearly useless for a mafia team. He can technically sacrifice himself to a town vigilante in order to save a better-positioned teammate. Such an eventuality is possible, but through the lens of a randomized role list it ought to seem pretty rare. That kind of parallels my role in the opposite direction.

This is super speculative, but we have no choice. We must speculate.
Does this not apply to you Grogu?
I see. How thoughtful of you. :ponder:

++++

I have a thought unrelated to all of the above mess, but I must go get what is left of my hair cut and cogitate on this matter.
It does not. No where it says I must use it. I haven’t use it ever lol and haven’t been told I should. Fyi
Image Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor

Re: Mafia (DAY 2)

Post by Epignosis »

Scirrus wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:13 pm mafia was messed with

i claim vig and shot marmot
Scirrus wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:14 pm yeah, i suck, i know
This is a claim of murdering Marmot Night 1 followed by mea culpa.

Okay.

This below is from Day 3:
Scirrus wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:49 pm JJJ do you have any phresh thoughts

Alison can only be on a mafia team with Epi i think, if they decided to fake the cop/protect shtick. But if that were the case, why would still not kill anyone, or kill Marmot? Marmot's a bad N1 Kill for scum based on how they game was going.

So probably not that

Alternatively Alison decides to do some no kill gambit for this game regardless of her partners. But why? I'm not sure if the benefits outway the cost of that, especially for the first night
The enlarged is something I am not understanding.

"Marmot's a bad N1 Kill for scum based on how they game was going."

Why does this sentence exist?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Good pickup, Epi. Not sure why Scirrus seems to be entertaining scenarios where Marmot was a mafia night kill (and how much sense it would or wouldn’t make). If he shot Marmot as a vigilante there’s little or no reason for that to exist in his mind.

I’m getting the impression that Scirrus is a mafioso and not a vigilante — that Marmot was a standard kill.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I also feel I owe it to Alison to murder Scirrus.

This all feels like a take-your-pick among the blocked players. I’m fine with that.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Pause motherfuckers.
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

Epignosis wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 3:32 pm Pause motherfuckers.
The suspense is intense.
Gro-oo-ovy
KZA
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 66
Preferred Pronouns: Any
Aka: KZA

Post by KZA »

Epignosis wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 2:58 pm
Scirrus wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:13 pm mafia was messed with

i claim vig and shot marmot
Scirrus wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:14 pm yeah, i suck, i know
This is a claim of murdering Marmot Night 1 followed by mea culpa.

Okay.

This below is from Day 3:
Scirrus wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:49 pm JJJ do you have any phresh thoughts

Alison can only be on a mafia team with Epi i think, if they decided to fake the cop/protect shtick. But if that were the case, why would still not kill anyone, or kill Marmot? Marmot's a bad N1 Kill for scum based on how they game was going.

So probably not that

Alternatively Alison decides to do some no kill gambit for this game regardless of her partners. But why? I'm not sure if the benefits outway the cost of that, especially for the first night
The enlarged is something I am not understanding.

"Marmot's a bad N1 Kill for scum based on how they game was going."

Why does this sentence exist?
oh well this is a straight up slip isn't it?
KZA
Hally wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:51 am eating an entire sandwich is not that hard
KZA
Loan Shark

Post by KZA »

I'm here to spit a hot take: there is no factional kill
KZA
Hally wrote: Sun Apr 11, 2021 1:51 am eating an entire sandwich is not that hard
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

None of them? Not one?
I never trusted finger.
Grogu wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 2:43 pm It does not. No where it says I must use it. I haven’t use it ever lol and haven’t been told I should. Fyi

Grogu wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:08 pm What happened? I never saw the day end and forgot to submit my action.
So Grogu, did you forget to submit your action Night 1 or was your voice too important to risk it being silenced?

Ten TOTAL posts between Day 0 and Night 2. :rolleyes:

:grin:
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

[VOTE: vote grogu] aubergine

Responses still not sitting well with me, plus that block last night.

I also only just realised that there was a vote function. I was wondering how you guys were doing that XD :derp:

I forgot about :derp:
It’s bringing back so many memories for me. I miss playing with SVS
Gro-oo-ovy
Grogu
Drug Dealer

Post by Grogu »

Epignosis wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 3:46 pm

None of them? Not one?
I never trusted finger.
Grogu wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 2:43 pm It does not. No where it says I must use it. I haven’t use it ever lol and haven’t been told I should. Fyi

Grogu wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:08 pm What happened? I never saw the day end and forgot to submit my action.
So Grogu, did you forget to submit your action Night 1 or was your voice too important to risk it being silenced?

Ten TOTAL posts between Day 0 and Night 2. :rolleyes:

:grin:
I forgot about it one day. The other days I didn’t want to submit anyone. I made this clear
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I’m not home tonight and can’t do much.

I’m betting on a mafia team containing either two or three of these:

Scirrus, Grogu, Enrique

If that’s correct, chop them all and we win. Shouldn’t matter how many. May need to ensure Enrique isn’t last to go because of the double vote.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:02 pm I’m not home tonight and can’t do much.

Scirrus, Grogu, Enrique

If that’s correct, chop them all and we win. Shouldn’t matter how many. May need to ensure Enrique isn’t last to go because of the double vote.
Vote Grogu for now. I caught him in a lie.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Sure

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

And if I'm right, the role block business (sans Grogu) might just be a series of red herrings. The mafia team very well may have been an absentee mafia.

KZA's eagerness to jump on Scirrus for a "slip" without commenting on what I just posted about Grogu may indicate that.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Regardless of Grogu’s flip, if the game continues Enrique needs to be next — before Scirrus.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I’ll think about KZA later.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

Epignosis wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:15 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:02 pm I’m not home tonight and can’t do much.

Scirrus, Grogu, Enrique

Vote Grogu for now. I caught him in a lie.
Also from a my ability strategy wise, I blocked him last night, so if that is the team I can’t block him tonight to try and stop the kill.
Gro-oo-ovy
KZA
Loan Shark

Post by KZA »

Epignosis wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:17 pm And if I'm right, the role block business (sans Grogu) might just be a series of red herrings. The mafia team very well may have been an absentee mafia.

KZA's eagerness to jump on Scirrus for a "slip" without commenting on what I just posted about Grogu may indicate that.
I'm not sure I understand the Grogu thing you posted
KZA

Return to “Previous Rackets”