Bluey: The Werewolf Game - Game Thread (Game Over- Mafia win)

Moderator: Community Team

Hoo?

Poll ended at Tue May 25, 2021 6:00 pm

Syn
No votes
Dizzy
25%
HK
No votes
Joe (spec dead etc.)
75%

Total votes: 8
Gavial
Made Man
Posts in topic: 197

Re: Bluey: The Werewolf Game - Game Thread (Day 2)

Post by Gavial »

Wiggle wiggle wiggle.
He he he.
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 82
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Gavial wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 3:04 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 2:57 pm @Marmot do you believe SPF's counter claim on Invictus was theater?
Why don’t you ask them in scum chat?

BTW, what’s your Readslist?
I'm still working that out.
Spoiler: show
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Gavial wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 3:05 pm Like honestly JJJ you can ask marmot that question instead of actually analyzing marmot as he’s next in alphabetical order. Lol.
I am analyzing him right now. It's what inspired me to ask.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Gavial
Made Man

Post by Gavial »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 3:06 pm
Gavial wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 3:05 pm Like honestly JJJ you can ask marmot that question instead of actually analyzing marmot as he’s next in alphabetical order. Lol.
Ah I see.
Looking forward to seeing that mentioned in the analysis of yours.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Gavial wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 3:07 pm
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 3:06 pm
Ah I see.
Looking forward to seeing that mentioned in the analysis of yours.
It won't be. I just asked right here. :goofp:

That's about Marmot and SPF more than it's about Marmot and Invictus.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Interactions of Invictus and Marmot

From Invictus

Invictius wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 11:47 pm
Gavial wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 10:14 pm
Marmot wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 9:09 pm
Invictius wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 8:59 pm [VOTE: dyslexicon] aubergine

Let's go with this. It feels right in the bones
[VOTE: Dyslexicon] aubergine

Agree 100%
Yo Marmot.
Why you sheeping?
Does Marmot not sheep? Does it mean anything to you
Invictius wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 11:48 pm
hollowkatt wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 11:09 pm

Agree 100%
probs one wolf in here
What makes you say that? I'm town, should I vote Marmot? Why or why not
Invictius wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 1:12 am
Alison wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 12:42 am Gavial's reads are too sane for him to be town.

I'm not joking.
they asked marmot why they were sheeping in the first 30 posts of the game. if that's sane what is gavial's insane reads?
Invictius wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 1:17 am
Alison wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 1:12 am @Invictius Have you played with Dyslexicon before?
yes, and half a phase with marmot and 2 games with nook.
Invictius wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 2:25 am
staypositivefriend wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 1:54 am
Invictius wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 1:47 am
staypositivefriend wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 1:02 am
Alison wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 12:45 am The point is that Gavial is infamous for having insane troll logic and I think this is because he simply views the game in a very twisty and strange way that is far removed from everyone else's when he is town. His play this game seems much more orthodox and I believe this is a symptom of him trying to mimic "normal" townies.
if the assumption in this post is correct (that gavial's read on me was totally serious), then wouldn't you say that it's pretty unconventional/strange for him to have a confident scumread based on the first couple of posts on page 1? how would you say that those reads are "orthodox" or "sane"?

something might be getting lost in translation w/your read on gavial, because the only frame of reference i have for him is fargo mafia, where he was fairly normal (iirc)
i like this tho. somewhat cause the question makes sense, also somewhat because they're defending the person that voted them(i know it's an early day 1 vote that means nothing, but as scum it wouldn't be too hard to piggyback on either the accusation against gavial or against anyone that's been pressured thus far but SPF chooses to dig deeper for a read which ME LIKES).

SPF can have a slight town read.

that being said, do you find alison suspicious for coming to such strong conclusions early or is it a towny thing? based on her read of gavial im assuming meta isn't disregarded on this site!
alison having strong conclusions early is pretty typical for her as either alignment. i got pinged by her read initially because it had a train of thought that didn't seem totally fluid to me (ie: describing gavial's reads as "conventional" when his play up until that point had been anything but conventional), but i think it's fine in the context of alison having highly specific meta about gavial's playstyle, and in the context of her trying to provide content to a game that was almost entirely dead

i see, fair enough. you make nothing of it tho, correct?

what do you think about him backtracking in regards to the suspicion he showed on marmot and I? when i say backtracking i dont mean in that read itself, but he seemed to switch from taking things seriously to saying everything was essentially non-serious after alison attacked him?

does anyone stand out as particularly scummy to you?
Invictius wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 2:27 am
Alison wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 1:53 am I can't seem to search on that site and the UI is unusable so please summarize Dizzy's alignment and what he did before dying.
Dizzy did not play in that game. Sorry I've played with dizzy for like 2-3 years now, it's just marmot and nook that are new to me. If you'd like I could still summarize his meta, but I'll refrain from giving away anything in regards to how I differentiate his alignment obviously as he hasn't posted yet and that's kind of needless!
Invictius wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 1:22 pm Alison
DkKoba
Dyslexicon
falcon45ca
Fingersplints
Gavial
Hollowkatt
Long Con
Marmot
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
Staypositivefriend
tonystarkprime

this is disappointingly less than i thought.

still a good start!

i dont include scum reads on my lists, but im more than happy to clarify who those are if anyone asks. particularly i dont like gavial, hollow, or koba right now and will vote among those 3.

if anyone thinks this is too many town reads, there's also a lot of town compared to scum! i like to solve via town reads and creating a poe to find scum. for the most part my town reads are pretty consistently good so it works well for me.
Invictius wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 8:43 pm
Marmot wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 5:04 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 5:40 am
Invictius wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 1:39 amthis still doesn't make much sense to me because there's no reasoning attached to my vote so he's not really sheeping anything at all so to look into at all doesn't make sense.

UNLESS IT'S A REACTION TEST.

those are fun

is it a reaction test? does me asking about it ruin it?
Marmot can answer for himself, but in my mind, just doing things cause is definitely well within marmot's play style (same for me), so jumping on a vote at start of day cause why not is expected and also without much deep meaning. It would probably happen more often than not.

We should also talk about how Alison is scum.
I'd love to say it was a reaction test, but it was really just for the lulz.
No not by you, by them lol
Invictius wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 10:32 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 10:21 pm
Invictius wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 10:01 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 7:01 pm
Marmot wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 5:10 pm Current quick takes.

Alison is town for pushing for activity.
Dizzy is town for reasonable reads and OMGUSing. Good luck surviving til Day 2 Dizzy.
I am town because my rolecard says so.
oof, i don't like this post. do you think that alison would not push to make the game more active as a wolf? would dizzy not have "reasonable reads" as a wolf? this feels like a fairly surface level analysis
I disliked the post for other, maybe self centered reasons. Those being I was more active than Alison and had overlapping thoughts as dizzy yet Marmot didn't mention me at all
does that mean you wolfread marmot?
Leaning that way yes.

Ddk's frustration with nook reads Towny with me because the game I just played with nook had 3 separate townies all get frustrated in a similar fashion to nook(including me), altho that's not enough to really change my read on him. I'd still like to see one of their scum games for cross comparison.

I don't really understand hollow's play at all and I think his accusations against me are kinda bad, but the sheer tunneling gives me town vibes. Not sure why they're so persistent on scum reading and voting me while being tied as the leading wagon, but not shifting their attention over to ddk or even really going at them reads well because they're not overly concerned, at least not yet, with self pres. Unless I guess they could both be scum, but I'd assume they'd at least distance in that case.

I continued to like SPF's posting, seem rather carefree and town to me.

Flint kinda vibed town in my read back too but nothing concrete there.

Not really sure I like long con thus far as it feels like they're just coasting by letting day play out. If both wagons are town it would be good to look back on as it would make sense for scum to just sit back and wait in that case.
Invictius wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 5:04 pm yay i get to defend myself!
Marmot sheeps him there, Gavial comments on the marmot post asking why marmot is sheeping. Instead of waiting/allowing marmot to answer invictus jumps in, asks if marmot doesn't sheep, then asks gavial if it means anything to him.
i didn't care about marmot's answer, i cared about what gavial was saying. i lack patience, which can be a bad thing, but if i have a question im not going to wait especially if i find the initial reasoning non-existent.
He wants to know why I said that, and then immediately says he's town and asks me if I think he should vote marmot why/why not. This doesn't feel like a townie exchange to me, it's like a gish gallop almost. Spew a few things out and move on while I have to process what he's looking for and continue presenting arguments if I think there's anything of value there
If he's town why doesn't he want to actually engage there with what I'm thinking instead of immediately pressing on whether or not he should be voting marmot."

i asked because saying there's 2 scum in there is kinda useless and if that's the case then surely if i think im town youd want me to go after the other player because if there's a scum in 2 people and you know you're town then why wouldn't the conclusion be that i should go after person B.
Still circling around that same exchange, functionally, only this time it's Alison that he's engaging with. I'm not sure what to make of this, gavial at the time was, well gavial. I've only ever seen gavial town so I have no idea if his wolf game is similar to his town game or not.
I think it's reasonable to ask why marmot is sheeping and don't see how that's an insane thing to be asking.

His early game has quite a few posts where he asks questions and then moves on, as if he doesn't really care about the answer to the question, just that he's asked it and it looks good.
Nothing there is truly wolf indicative, but it's not reading townie to me.
the sheeping comment was utterly useless. it's 2 votes when nothing is happening so yes it is kinda silly to question why it's happening that early on in the game when wagons is the way to progression.

as far as questions going nowhere, some don't...but mostly for this game. i have a rather spectacular memory, i ask questions to see your answer. if you're town this game and you answered then when we play in another game i have a reference point to use against you if you're suddenly not being consistent with your behaviour or the way youre conducting yourself.

this also helps late game if people are being inconsistent in terms of behaviour or reads, which again is useful.

if you think a question should have to go somewhere immediately that's rather short term play.
I don't make teams, especially not this early. It feels like his defense here of my suspicion on them is "but look at all the other people who think I'm town". Most of the time D1 isn't about finding a wolf, it's about eliminating the most wolfy person you find. I dunno, I had good feelings for a while from his mid-day stuff and now I'm back to "this guy isn't super townie and I kinda want him dead again"
day 1 is about finding town and establishing a groundwork that other town can use for late game. whether town utilizes that information is up to them, but i like having things to reference and seeing if town makes towny progressions if they're just being opportunistic.

in regards to alison, i wasnt really sus of her earlier on, but i did like her having 3 early town reads because again i think it's important to establish a quality town core and typically speaking, players looking to do that are good in my books. she has since dropped way off so it's not as meaningful.

Orange: I highlight this post just as a bookmark to refer to everything leading up to it within the spoiler. The early character of this interaction is rather beige, wherein Invictus is the Asker of Many Questions relating to Marmot without meaningful follow-up or direction. Meh.

Yellow: This is where the tide begins to shift and Invictus adopts a more concretely unfavorable stance on Marmot. It may be noteworthy that Invictus didn't entirely piggyback SPF in this moment and instead opted for the "I have suspicions for different reasons" angle -- in that way one cannot assert he's just feeling safe heaping with SPF (this would only apply if SPF is town). He clarified the mafia read at SPF's prod without further expansion. It's not incompatible with distancing. It doesn't have to be distancing. It exists.

Side note: the town strategy Invictus describes in his last post in there is a refreshing one to see from someone else. It's basically the subject of my video in my signature. Too bad he's fake this time. :sigh:

~~~

From Marmot

Agree 100%
Marmot wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 5:57 pm
hollowkatt wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 5:52 pm I think it's weird that two people voted a zero poster and you seem fine with that. Do you have TMI that dizzy is town?

The last two games I played with Dizzy were both on Mafia Cafe. Dizzy rolled scum in both of them. I had suspicion of him, but couldn't quiiiiite get him yeeted as a result in either game. Platypus (Invictius) is also from Mafia Cafe. My vote was a joke based on those experiences. Invictius probably had similar reasons for voting there.

What's weird about it? I know I was scum, but if you recall in our last game together, I chose the 8 people I voted initially on Day 1 for the sole reason that they were in the bottom half of the poll. Terrible reasoning yes, but not serious, and I would've done it as town too.
Marmot wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 6:13 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 6:10 pm
Marmot wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 6:04 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 6:02 pm
Marmot wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 4:57 pmDizzy's wolfing ability is out of this world, and he must be dealt with immediately. :noble:
Also, I'm quite pretty. It's unfair, really. But are you going to try to read me this game for real for real? Now is the time to start \o/

I've already locktown'd you, but I'm willing to reconsider. :goofp:
What's your read on HK?

Atm, not townie. I think he's holding a stubborn adherence to the "There's mafia in Marmot/Invic for their naked votes" that doesn't belong, because it was RVS nonsense.

I explained more context now, but I can't tell if he's backed of or put thought elsewhere.
Marmot wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 6:58 pm
Invictius wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 6:35 pm that's a weird kill and a shitty loss of a pt.

apologies for missing eod, my shot was at 3:00 pm instead of 3:30 so i had to rush there, but i would have probably gone after rusty too.
At least it wasn't the worst PR to lose.
Marmot wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 10:37 am
Gavial wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 10:35 am @Marmot
Come play!
Or Scum Claim!

IK your lurkin!

I'm here, but I saw your tracker claim

[VOTE: Invictius] aubergine

If I claim scum will you go easy on me? :biggrin:

Not much here beyond blank Marmot wifom of a sort only Marmot consistently achieves. :smile:

Whatever rules one may apply to things like "naked votes in RVS" or "claiming scum facetiously" -- don't bother with Marmot. He'll do anything as any alignment if he thinks it'll be fun. The general theme continues: none of this has to be teammate stuff, but it can be.

~~~

Conclusion

This sure is a Marmot review. I cannot pretend to have much confidence about this either way. Most importantly I cannot dissociate them, so they can be teammates.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Can anyone tell me whether Long Con was ever a viable wagon on Day 1 or the start of Day 2?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

hollowkatt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 180

Post by hollowkatt »

does JJJ stroll into the thread like this and just start crunching posts/solves/analysis? I've spec'd him before but my play with him is vv limited.
His posts with analysis re players/Invictius seems legit/doesn't seem to push an agenda.
tutuu wrote:fluffy furry
fluffy fluffy
kitty kitty
oiiii oiii oiiii
soft fluffy paws
hollowkatt
Racketeer

Post by hollowkatt »

obvs if he's a wolf he need to do whatever it is he can to look town, I'm just starting to get the fear there
fluffy fluffy
kitty kitty
oiiii oiii oiiii
soft fluffy paws
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 3:21 pm Can anyone tell me whether Long Con was ever a viable wagon on Day 1 or the start of Day 2?
Knowing this would help me to interpret the Invictus/LC interactions.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 136
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 2:57 pm @Marmot do you believe SPF's counter claim on Invictus was theater?
Yes

I'm also the real vig and plan on shooting her tonight.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I'm open to other options, but that's who I want to shoot.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 302

Post by Dyslexicon »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 12:12 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 5:34 am Your analysis is fine. Thank you. You're still getting yeeted.
JJJ's getting cranky. I've gotten a couple of these replies already.

"Thanks for analysis, okay. Still, die."

I don't care about being thanked for doing things. I care about receiving feedback for the actual conclusions I have drawn, whether people agree with me or don't, and what specific points they feel need further discussion or reassessment etc. This is how I mean to incorporate myself into the Mafia game, and if I am not even given that respect then every civilian involved with that treatment is doing the team a disservice. Folks can suspect me without discarding me. That's not okay. I realize not everyone has done so, but at least three players have to my count.
I did give you feedback, although briefly and probably snarky. It's fine analysis. I agree. By the time I made the post you're reacting to here, you had done three isos. Koba, me and Hollow, concluded we're all town. I agree with that. I repeated one of your points about Koba to confirm my town read there. So it's analysis about three people you clear as town which I already agreed with, hence why your analysis is fine.

At this point my PoE is pretty much you, Marmot and Tony. None of what you've posted have changed my mind about having you in the PoE. I've also explained why I scum read Alison. Though I don't think anyone engaged with me on that.

I'm not in the habit of ignoring anyone, but I don't see the point of chewing on analysis, clearing people I've already cleared. :shrug2:
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Marmot wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 3:31 pm
Yes

Oh, this is spicy. Finally.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

hollowkatt wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 3:23 pm does JJJ stroll into the thread like this and just start crunching posts/solves/analysis? I've spec'd him before but my play with him is vv limited.
His posts with analysis re players/Invictius seems legit/doesn't seem to push an agenda.
Imo, he'd do it as either alignment.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I think it's SPF/JJJ. I can make a case for why I think it's the two of them, but there's a lot of how SPF handled Alison Day 1 that's very teammate compatible.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 107
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Absolutely, you should vig her tonight, marmot
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

For the record, the reason I did ISOs of LC and TSP Night 1 was because I'd considered shooting one of them, but I came away thinking they were town, so I holstered, and it's also why I came into today with townreads of them.

That was also the reason I made the post to end Day 1 the way I did @Long Con. In the case that falcon was town, I was probably going to shoot you that night, but I decided it was a bad idea.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 3:21 pm Can anyone tell me whether Long Con was ever a viable wagon on Day 1 or the start of Day 2?
I think it was only Invictus that scum read me, I think I had mostly Town reads going on.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Yes

okay, well that'd explain your displeasure :goofp:

I spoke about that moment in my review of SPF, and about why I think it can be a town move from her given my experiences playing with her. I'd appreciate if you could take a quick look and share any gripes if you have them.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

The Vigilante thing will self resolve, with two counter claimers, the real one that just kills the fake one.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Long Con wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 3:36 pm
I think it was only Invictus that scum read me, I think I had mostly Town reads going on.
Thanks

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 12:34 pmFrom Invictus's side this interaction is pretty boring. There's nothing here that stands out to me as indicative of anything either way; it's all soft and directionless. If I want to stretch hard I might suggest the "why would you want to chop town?" is an easy bit of shade to hurl when you are looking for a place to do so (in this context a civilian Tony). I have little confidence in that view.
I'd argue that this is the exact type of shade teammates like to throw at each other as distancing. It's cheap and obvious. "Why would you want to chop town?" is such a dishonest question to begin with. I think it's not really a good look.

I'll try to understand why Gavial has cleared Tony first, but for now, I haven't.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

SPF retracted the claim

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Marmot wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 3:34 pm I think it's SPF/JJJ. I can make a case for why I think it's the two of them, but there's a lot of how SPF handled Alison Day 1 that's very teammate compatible.
That would be cool. I'm ok with that. Could see JJJ/Tony as well.
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 203
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

hollowkatt wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 3:23 pm does JJJ stroll into the thread like this and just start crunching posts/solves/analysis? I've spec'd him before but my play with him is vv limited.
Its possible but I tend to think less likely
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
hollowkatt
Racketeer

Post by hollowkatt »

Yes

No I'm Spartacus and I'm shooting Crassus
fluffy fluffy
kitty kitty
oiiii oiii oiiii
soft fluffy paws

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 1:49 pm Interactions of Invictus and Nanook

From Invictus

Invictius wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 12:40 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 8:48 am
hollowkatt wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 10:55 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 9:48 pm
hollowkatt wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 6:27 pm Bluey hands down the best kids show on TV in a long ass time
I'm also partial to gumball
gumball is good but it's not bluey good. I do also really like Daniel Tiger (but that's like easy mode), Word Girl, and Little Einsteins.
Oh god the little Einsteins, I have nightmares

Ducktales also deserves honorable mention
pinky and the brain and animaniacs >>>
Gavial wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 8:54 am
Alison wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 12:59 am "It was just a joke bro" isn't a convincing defense to me.
:shrug:
I mean I had more then just that and your case on me is based on thinking it’s not a joke when clearly it was.
what are your thoughts on alison thus far? And dyslexicon?
Invictius wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 12:44 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 9:35 am
Gavial wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 9:01 amNo he’s Lock Town.
Get off them!
Nah I do what I want.

But to be real, Hollow hasn't said or done anything that makes me think they are any particular alignment. It's a shrug from me. Your read on Hollow is not mine, and I'm not convinced by the reasoning of it, which is also a subjective thing. But if Hollow is town (or not), I think I should be able to figure it out.
i dont like giving this away before it gets anywhere tho. why not wait and see?

Long Con wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 9:38 am Nanook, still posting about shows and not players?

what is our experience with them because based on my limited experience i dont think that would indicate much of anything.
Invictius wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 12:52 pm
fingersplints wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 12:47 pm
Long Con wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 9:38 am Nanook, still posting about shows and not players?
What do you think this means?
hi

i shouldn't answer for them but i havent interacted with you yet so i will!

if someone chooses to continue fluffing instead of getting involved people find it suspicious as fluff is something scum can hide behind instead of having to engage in the actual content of the game

that said my understanding is nook is pretty experienced and most wolves are self-aware enough to know to get somewhat involved so they don't look bad whereas town are more apathetic to it. it looks similar to my experience with nook so i think it's kinda towny, but i have no idea what his scum game is like.
Invictius wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 12:54 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 12:44 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 9:48 pm

I'm also partial to gumball
gumball is good but it's not bluey good. I do also really like Daniel Tiger (but that's like easy mode), Word Girl, and Little Einsteins.

Alison wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 12:59 am "It was just a joke bro" isn't a convincing defense to me.
I mean I had more then just that and your case on me is based on thinking it’s not a joke when clearly it was.
I mean yeah Animaniacs is great but it isn't on Disney Channel every morning
ROAD RUNNER then

even though it taught kids that no matter how hard you try, no matter how creative you are, no matter how much work you put into something you might never succeed and always continue to fail to someone that is hardly trying at all.

but it was also funny.
DkKoba
Dyslexicon
falcon45ca
Fingersplints
Gavial
Hollowkatt
Long Con
Marmot
Staypositivefriend
tonystarkprime

still a good start!

i dont include scum reads on my lists, but im more than happy to clarify who those are if anyone asks. particularly i dont like gavial, hollow, or koba right now and will vote among those 3.

if anyone thinks this is too many town reads, there's also a lot of town compared to scum! i like to solve via town reads and creating a poe to find scum. for the most part my town reads are pretty consistently good so it works well for me.
Invictius wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 1:42 am
staypositivefriend wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 1:28 am
DkKoba wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 1:26 am
staypositivefriend wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 1:25 am
DkKoba wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 1:24 am
staypositivefriend wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 1:21 am no clue what nanook's alignment is yet
i mean they are purposefully trying to obfuscate it in an extremely anti town way that hurts solving - so if they're town they're playing like a jackass with no regard for anyone else trying to solve the game
nanook is? i dont really get that impression at all, he seems fine
is this how they normally play?

i barely paid attention to them in bread mafia bc they kept voting town lol
yeah he has a pretty chill playstyle but he tryhards when it counts in my experience

i dont mind him coasting as long as he picks it up when it's necessary, and i trust that he will
the issue is when he's scum he literally has to do very little to get near end game. And every phase counts otherwise why do any of us bother at all unless it's end game
Invictius wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 2:34 am
DkKoba wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 1:43 am

yeah he has a pretty chill playstyle but he tryhards when it counts in my experience

i dont mind him coasting as long as he picks it up when it's necessary, and i trust that he will
the issue is when he's scum he literally has to do very little to get near end game. And every phase counts otherwise why do any of us bother at all unless it's end game
yeah im also rereading my last game with him - he was super active.

like unless nanook is exactly an IC i dont think they are town here. but ive been disappointed by townies before acting this way so ((((((:
again he just did this in a game i was in on mafiacafe, with the exact same comments(to be fair, he started doing more on day 2, so we'll see!)
Invictius wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 2:37 am
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 2:04 am I want to leave my vote on dk cause it's clearly annoying him and his whole thing is mildly annoying to me

But he's probably town so

I'll move it eventually
why eventually. if you got nowhere else to be, LONG CON IS THE VOTE TO BE
Invictius wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 6:52 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 6:49 pm
Invictius wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 6:35 pm that's a weird kill and a shitty loss of a pt.

apologies for missing eod, my shot was at 3:00 pm instead of 3:30 so i had to rush there, but i would have probably gone after rusty too.
Mafia know who the prs are
Like they chose who got to be a power role? Wtf that's madness
Invictius wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 6:56 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 6:54 pm
Invictius wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 6:52 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 6:49 pm

Mafia know who the prs are
Like they chose who got to be a power role? Wtf that's madness
Maybe read the setup lol
This is no Bueno

Orange: There's an early trend here wherein Invictus speaks on behalf of Nanook (or on behalf of Nanook via Long Con), usually to make low-level meta assertions about what he thinks Nanook is like. The assertions are generally valid; that is, Nanook is indeed one to be less concerned with assessing every player early in a game and doesn't care about being fluffy sometimes. In that light, this literal assessment would be innocuous as an overall read of "NAI",

Yellow: which brings me to this post. Nanook was one of Invictus's five blued-out town reads, and compared to the others players featured in that group that rationale provided previously is pretty light. It's essentially what I referenced in the previous point. So his name stands out here.

The remainder of this is generally soft material -- musing over Nanook's playstyle, halfway standing in his defense when DK was cranky, and setup chatter. None of that means much to me.

~~~

From Nanook

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 12:56 pm
Invictius wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 12:54 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 12:44 pm

I mean yeah Animaniacs is great but it isn't on Disney Channel every morning
ROAD RUNNER then

even though it taught kids that no matter how hard you try, no matter how creative you are, no matter how much work you put into something you might never succeed and always continue to fail to someone that is hardly trying at all.

but it was also funny.
Yeah in road runner i always felt bad for the coyote, dude is just out here trying to get a meal

Looney tunes in general are mostly pretty good, definitely a go to
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 12:09 am Invictus, dizzy, hk, spf, falcon all town

I'm going back to hibernation now, more reads in 2-4 business days
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 1:48 am
DkKoba wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 1:24 am

i mean they are purposefully trying to obfuscate it in an extremely anti town way that hurts solving - so if they're town they're playing like a jackass with no regard for anyone else trying to solve the game

In practice this doesn't usually end up being true
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 2:46 am
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 2:04 am I want to leave my vote on dk cause it's clearly annoying him and his whole thing is mildly annoying to me

I'll move it eventually
Cause its almost 3am
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 5:37 pm I will not be back again before deadline

Tsp gav hk dk spf dizzy falcon and invictus are my town

Leaving my vote on lc as an explicit falcon save, suggest finding someone else cause killing lc d1 is pretty meh
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 8:38 pm
Gavial wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 8:19 pm
Gavial wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 8:03 pm

Wanna come back and tell us why you and your team decided on it then?
INVIC doesn’t say this after Vig shooting Finger lol.
To play devils advocate for a minute, yeah, that's exactly what a vig would say lol

There's not a lot new going on in this set of interactions. Nanook did town read Invictus. Okay. In classically Nanook style I don't know why and can only wonder -- perhaps he'll expand. I have very little to say about this stuff.

~~~

Conclusion

This is a dry interaction. From the Invictus side I have some questions. From the Nanook side I don't have much of anything. I have no reason to dissociate these two. Nanook can be Invictus's teammate.
Theres the meh teammate analysis i know and love
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
hollowkatt
Racketeer

Post by hollowkatt »

Dyslexicon wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 3:33 pm
Imo, he'd do it as either alignment.
thanks, fear lessened then
fluffy fluffy
kitty kitty
oiiii oiii oiiii
soft fluffy paws

Tbf i don't think there's actually much distancing this time from a third person pov, he kinda can't stand me afaik so is more likely to bus me if we're partners I think, but thats both unproven and not something I'd expect anyone here to know, so

Long Con wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 3:37 pm The Vigilante thing will self resolve, with two counter claimers, the real one that just kills the fake one.
There aren't two real claims
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 3:38 pm SPF retracted the claim
...what. I missed that.
Gavial
Made Man

Post by Gavial »

Watch me pull what I did last day and secretly track Long Con instead of JJJ.
Gavial
Made Man

Post by Gavial »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 3:43 pm Tbf i don't think there's actually much distancing this time from a third person pov, he kinda can't stand me afaik so is more likely to bus me if we're partners I think, but thats both unproven and not something I'd expect anyone here to know, so
I believe you Nanook!
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Gavial wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 3:03 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 2:44 pm @Gavial Where was Tony’s pr-cover that you speak of?
Post#24 and Post#987 - #988
I take 24 as an obvious joke, and not sure what happened at all in 987-988. But ok. I don't think Tony has been especially scummy anyway.
Gavial
Made Man

Post by Gavial »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 3:44 pm
Long Con wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 3:37 pm The Vigilante thing will self resolve, with two counter claimers, the real one that just kills the fake one.
Yes there is Nanook.
Marmot hard claimed Vigilante.
Marmot
Marmot

Re: Bluey: The Werewolf Game - Game Thread (Day 1)

Post by Marmot »

Alison wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 12:45 am The point is that Gavial is infamous for having insane troll logic and I think this is because he simply views the game in a very twisty and strange way that is far removed from everyone else's when he is town. His play this game seems much more orthodox and I believe this is a symptom of him trying to mimic "normal" townies.
if the assumption in this post is correct (that gavial's read on me was totally serious), then wouldn't you say that it's pretty unconventional/strange for him to have a confident scumread based on the first couple of posts on page 1? how would you say that those reads are "orthodox" or "sane"?

something might be getting lost in translation w/your read on gavial, because the only frame of reference i have for him is fargo mafia, where he was fairly normal (iirc)
i like this tho. somewhat cause the question makes sense, also somewhat because they're defending the person that voted them(i know it's an early day 1 vote that means nothing, but as scum it wouldn't be too hard to piggyback on either the accusation against gavial or against anyone that's been pressured thus far but SPF chooses to dig deeper for a read which ME LIKES).

that being said, do you find alison suspicious for coming to such strong conclusions early or is it a towny thing? based on her read of gavial im assuming meta isn't disregarded on this site!
alison having strong conclusions early is pretty typical for her as either alignment. i got pinged by her read initially because it had a train of thought that didn't seem totally fluid to me (ie: describing gavial's reads as "conventional" when his play up until that point had been anything but conventional), but i think it's fine in the context of alison having highly specific meta about gavial's playstyle, and in the context of her trying to provide content to a game that was almost entirely dead

SPF made this post with regard to Alison early on. She implied that she was pinged by a particular thing that Alison did, but then walked it back in the same post.

staypositivefriend wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 6:43 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 5:40 am We should also talk about how Alison is scum.
Dyslexicon wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 6:07 am SPF is probably town. I like her town reads, I like all her thoughts, I like that she doesn't try to be flashy or project town too much. Good content without shoving it in our faceses.

Had a feeling Tony was town for his first post. Just seemed like something he said because he felt it necessary (from a town perspective), not because he felt he needed to say something (in which case maybe he would've felt the need to say more too). Maybe this is thin, but that's what I got.

I'm pretty ok with Invictus so far. But it's not like I feel I should trust him immediately, which I already have expressed.

---

Don't know about anybody else. Alison, I don't really see where she is coming from with her Gavial read. I also felt she could've waited in any case. I don't have a read on Alison, don't quite remember how I've felt in other games with her.
the first quote has a level of spiciness that is utterly let down by the second quote. why assertively call alison scum and then back off from that read before alison (or anyone, for that matter) had the opportunity to react?

Dizzy is town for reasonable reads and OMGUSing. Good luck surviving til Day 2 Dizzy.
oof, i don't like this post. do you think that alison would not push to make the game more active as a wolf? would dizzy not have "reasonable reads" as a wolf? this feels like a fairly surface level analysis

We then have these couple posts where SPF interrogates other players based on their handling of Alison.

staypositivefriend wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 4:27 am
staypositivefriend wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 4:19 am
staypositivefriend wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 4:07 am im about to go to bed, but will be somewhat around before the deadline tomorrow. if u have any burning questions for me, i would ask them now
what do your current reads look like, SPF?
thanks for asking! i feel fairly strongly about fingersplints being a villager but it's more of a soulread than anything else - there is a level of sincerity/comfort in her posting that i find it difficult to believe that she would have as a wofl. my understanding is that dizzy has a very good wolf game, but i townread him as well - he has mindmelded with me at multiple points throughout the game with regards to our perspective and the stuff that we're interested in pursuing, and i like that he has an equally strong soulread on fingersplints

i still townlean invictius, even though i feel that his playstyle is one that i might be inclined to townread regardless of his alignment. i would GTH lean on nanook and koba being town - at least to the extent that i am not interested in chopping either of them today. i think that long con had exactly one (1) villagery post, so i'm not inspired by his wagon, but i'm not at a level where i feel comfortable defending or shielding him

i was lightly pinged by a couple of falcon's posts. i have been pinged by HK's posts too, but i'm holding my breath on that read because i think that HK has the capacity to make himself very obviously town if he actually is a villager. i have very little to say about alison, gavial, marmot, or tonystarkprime (i thought tsp's opening posts were villagery, but i need more for that to develop into a real townread.)

i wanted to explain these reads more, but i can barely keep my eyes open
staypositivefriend wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 5:57 pm my stance on long con has been that he made one villagery post toward the beginning of the game where he tinfoiled an alison/gavial team, and that i have been lukewarm about the rest of his posts. i think falcon is a preferential chop

Then in this one, we have a townlean of Invictius (ok sure, I also townread him a this point). But more interestingly is the "i have very little to say about alison".

staypositivefriend wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 5:57 pm my stance on long con has been that he made one villagery post toward the beginning of the game where he tinfoiled an alison/gavial team, and that i have been lukewarm about the rest of his posts. i think falcon is a preferential chop
staypositivefriend wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 7:28 pm
Gavial wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 7:26 pm I mean....
Vote the red check and then I die tonight and you maybe vote Alison for me in my place?
if you actually hold on to your claim, then sure

A couple more mentions of Alison. Not really about her, but more circumstantially talking to other people about her.

But this is where it gets more interesting.

staypositivefriend wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 8:23 pm
Gavial wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 8:23 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 8:22 pm well w/e, i don't care if this dude wants to fish my role out. i CC vig. i did not shoot last night

you can go into anti-spew now
You shoot Alison tonight?
I track PoE?
i'd like to give alison some more time to talk before i decide if she should be POE'd or not, but i'm fine with us settling on a shot by the end of the day
staypositivefriend wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 8:26 pm i retract btw, i just wanted to force him to out himself =)

Gavial suggests that SPF, the claimed vig at this point, shoot Alison tonight. SPF advocates to keep her alive to talk and rescinds the claim in one fell swoop.

staypositivefriend wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 8:39 pm knowing that gavial is a villager does make ma little more concerned about alison's push early push on him, but will withhold judgement on that front until i get to ISO her

Again here, SPF offers a little shade for Alison, but tries to protect her from the vig slot.

Addendum. There's little interest in resolving this slot at all, even at this point where they've been POE'd hard by the rest of the game. And she's even been attempting to protect her from the vig.

I believe that the Invcitus claim, SPF counterclaim was an attempt to get the vig role out in the open to talk about, and give SPF a little bit of cred for CCing providing cover. Also, in the event that SPF was a civilian and/or the actual vig, wouldn't Invictus at least try to get her yeeted instead? He gave up far to easily for me to think that's the case.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Gavial
Made Man

Post by Gavial »

Meaning Long Con/SPF maybe deceiving us.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Also, the reason I claimed today is a couple reasons

1) I'm POE'd so I'm just going to get that out of the way.
2) Gavial is already an outed tracker, so the mafia has to either kill him tonight, giving me two shots, or kill me tonight, giving him another track, but giving me 1 shot at least.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dyslexicon wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 3:50 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 2:44 pm @Gavial Where was Tony’s pr-cover that you speak of?
I take 24 as an obvious joke, and not sure what happened at all in 987-988. But ok. I don't think Tony has been especially scummy anyway.
Is that the vig joke? If so it was also a joke
Gavial
Made Man

Re: Bluey: The Werewolf Game - Game Thread (Day 1)

Post by Gavial »

Marmot wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 3:51 pm

SPF made this post with regard to Alison early on. She implied that she was pinged by a particular thing that Alison did, but then walked it back in the same post.

staypositivefriend wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 6:43 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 5:40 am We should also talk about how Alison is scum.
Dyslexicon wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 6:07 am SPF is probably town. I like her town reads, I like all her thoughts, I like that she doesn't try to be flashy or project town too much. Good content without shoving it in our faceses.

Had a feeling Tony was town for his first post. Just seemed like something he said because he felt it necessary (from a town perspective), not because he felt he needed to say something (in which case maybe he would've felt the need to say more too). Maybe this is thin, but that's what I got.

I'm pretty ok with Invictus so far. But it's not like I feel I should trust him immediately, which I already have expressed.

---

Don't know about anybody else. Alison, I don't really see where she is coming from with her Gavial read. I also felt she could've waited in any case. I don't have a read on Alison, don't quite remember how I've felt in other games with her.
the first quote has a level of spiciness that is utterly let down by the second quote. why assertively call alison scum and then back off from that read before alison (or anyone, for that matter) had the opportunity to react?

We then have these couple posts where SPF interrogates other players based on their handling of Alison.

staypositivefriend wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 4:27 am
staypositivefriend wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 4:19 am
staypositivefriend wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 4:07 am im about to go to bed, but will be somewhat around before the deadline tomorrow. if u have any burning questions for me, i would ask them now
what do your current reads look like, SPF?
thanks for asking! i feel fairly strongly about fingersplints being a villager but it's more of a soulread than anything else - there is a level of sincerity/comfort in her posting that i find it difficult to believe that she would have as a wofl. my understanding is that dizzy has a very good wolf game, but i townread him as well - he has mindmelded with me at multiple points throughout the game with regards to our perspective and the stuff that we're interested in pursuing, and i like that he has an equally strong soulread on fingersplints

i still townlean invictius, even though i feel that his playstyle is one that i might be inclined to townread regardless of his alignment. i would GTH lean on nanook and koba being town - at least to the extent that i am not interested in chopping either of them today. i think that long con had exactly one (1) villagery post, so i'm not inspired by his wagon, but i'm not at a level where i feel comfortable defending or shielding him

i was lightly pinged by a couple of falcon's posts. i have been pinged by HK's posts too, but i'm holding my breath on that read because i think that HK has the capacity to make himself very obviously town if he actually is a villager. i have very little to say about alison, gavial, marmot, or tonystarkprime (i thought tsp's opening posts were villagery, but i need more for that to develop into a real townread.)

i wanted to explain these reads more, but i can barely keep my eyes open

Then in this one, we have a townlean of Invictius (ok sure, I also townread him a this point). But more interestingly is the "i have very little to say about alison".

staypositivefriend wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 7:28 pm
Gavial wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 7:26 pm I mean....
Vote the red check and then I die tonight and you maybe vote Alison for me in my place?
if you actually hold on to your claim, then sure

A couple more mentions of Alison. Not really about her, but more circumstantially talking to other people about her.

But this is where it gets more interesting.

staypositivefriend wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 8:23 pm
Gavial wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 8:23 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 8:22 pm well w/e, i don't care if this dude wants to fish my role out. i CC vig. i did not shoot last night

you can go into anti-spew now
You shoot Alison tonight?
I track PoE?
i'd like to give alison some more time to talk before i decide if she should be POE'd or not, but i'm fine with us settling on a shot by the end of the day
staypositivefriend wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 8:26 pm i retract btw, i just wanted to force him to out himself =)

Gavial suggests that SPF, the claimed vig at this point, shoot Alison tonight. SPF advocates to keep her alive to talk and rescinds the claim in one fell swoop.

staypositivefriend wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 8:39 pm knowing that gavial is a villager does make ma little more concerned about alison's push early push on him, but will withhold judgement on that front until i get to ISO her

Again here, SPF offers a little shade for Alison, but tries to protect her from the vig slot.

Addendum. There's little interest in resolving this slot at all, even at this point where they've been POE'd hard by the rest of the game. And she's even been attempting to protect her from the vig.

I believe that the Invcitus claim, SPF counterclaim was an attempt to get the vig role out in the open to talk about, and give SPF a little bit of cred for CCing providing cover. Also, in the event that SPF was a civilian and/or the actual vig, wouldn't Invictus at least try to get her yeeted instead? He gave up far to easily for me to think that's the case.
I say go for it and take the shot.
JJJ/Long Con (whichever one it is) either kills you or kills me.
If they kill you, they risk being tracked.
If they kill me, you shoot again.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

He was D1. Game state felt like either him or Falcon to be yeeted from my point of view.

Marmot claimed vig now, so hey. But maybe stupid reason to clear him: He immediately followed Invictius on his RVS vote on me. Yeah, Marmot is maybe a player who would do that, most teammates would probably spread votes. But if Marmot is actually vig, then we're golden anyway.

Gavial wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 3:50 pm
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 3:44 pm
Yes there is Nanook.
Marmot hard claimed Vigilante.
And spf didn't, so

Even if I believe marmots claim, which I don't really, there's still just one real claim
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Interactions of Invictus and Long Con

From Invictus

Invictius wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 12:44 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 9:35 am
Gavial wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 9:01 amNo he’s Lock Town.
Get off them!
Nah I do what I want.

But to be real, Hollow hasn't said or done anything that makes me think they are any particular alignment. It's a shrug from me. Your read on Hollow is not mine, and I'm not convinced by the reasoning of it, which is also a subjective thing. But if Hollow is town (or not), I think I should be able to figure it out.
i dont like giving this away before it gets anywhere tho. why not wait and see?

what is our experience with them because based on my limited experience i dont think that would indicate much of anything.
Invictius wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 12:58 pm
DkKoba wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 11:25 am where is the activity overview on this site so i can find whos talked yet
DkKoba wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 11:26 am [VOTE: long con] aubergine

Just gonna assume person who hasn't voted yet is one of them
DkKoba wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 11:26 am lets do itttt wagon up
not really sure i like this string of posts too as it was no longer RVS and there was clearly content to make reads from and go after.
DkKoba
Dyslexicon
falcon45ca
Fingersplints
Gavial
Hollowkatt
Long Con
Marmot
Staypositivefriend
tonystarkprime

still a good start!

Invictius wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 8:49 pm
Gavial wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 5:23 pm
Long Con wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 5:22 pm [VOTE: dkkoba] aubergine
Town
Why
Invictius wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 8:53 pm
Gavial wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 8:50 pm
Invictius wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 8:49 pm
Gavial wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 5:23 pm
Long Con wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 5:22 pm [VOTE: dkkoba] aubergine
Town
Why
If you read first and ask questions later.
You wouldn’t have even needed to ask “why”.

True

But I still don't get your explanation as to why that never comes from wolf
Invictius wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 10:32 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 10:21 pm
Invictius wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 10:01 pm

I disliked the post for other, maybe self centered reasons. Those being I was more active than Alison and had overlapping thoughts as dizzy yet Marmot didn't mention me at all
does that mean you wolfread marmot?
Leaning that way yes.

Ddk's frustration with nook reads Towny with me because the game I just played with nook had 3 separate townies all get frustrated in a similar fashion to nook(including me), altho that's not enough to really change my read on him. I'd still like to see one of their scum games for cross comparison.

I don't really understand hollow's play at all and I think his accusations against me are kinda bad, but the sheer tunneling gives me town vibes. Not sure why they're so persistent on scum reading and voting me while being tied as the leading wagon, but not shifting their attention over to ddk or even really going at them reads well because they're not overly concerned, at least not yet, with self pres. Unless I guess they could both be scum, but I'd assume they'd at least distance in that case.

I continued to like SPF's posting, seem rather carefree and town to me.

Flint kinda vibed town in my read back too but nothing concrete there.

Not really sure I like long con thus far as it feels like they're just coasting by letting day play out. If both wagons are town it would be good to look back on as it would make sense for scum to just sit back and wait in that case.
Invictius wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 12:07 am [VOTE: vote long con] aubergine

Let's see what happens with this, if anything at all!

I don't have a huge case or anything, everything just feels stagnant and I hate when things are stagnant
Invictius wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 1:02 am
staypositivefriend wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 1:00 am my vote is still up in the air, gavial. if you feel strongly about the current wagons being town and you have a good alternative, i will earnestly consider it

but you dont seem to be suggesting alternatives
Thoughts on long con?
Invictius wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 1:39 am
DkKoba wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 1:11 am
Invictius wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 1:02 am
staypositivefriend wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 1:00 am my vote is still up in the air, gavial. if you feel strongly about the current wagons being town and you have a good alternative, i will earnestly consider it

but you dont seem to be suggesting alternatives
Thoughts on long con?
i said they were town - why would they be scum here?
for the exact reasons i said. in a scenario where both you and hk are town, scum have to do very little outside of letting the wagons play out and they're guaranteed a scum flip.

outside of that, there's no reason to hard lock town reads halfway through day 1(well 60% through day 1) and discussion doesn't hurt. i just generally feel like their impact is low.

alison is another person that has gone mia since the start of the phase as well.

I'll move it eventually
Invictius wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 4:33 pm
fingersplints wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 4:27 pm Yes. I’m just forgetful of what/who/why in regards to the hollowkatt suspicion. I think I was focused on the DkK thing when it was going on.
fair enough.

i was also on the dizzy wagon and i unvoted mostly due to their persistent tunneling of me even while facing a heavy wagon. going against the grain and sticking to it even while tied with another poster(at the time dkk, they both had 4) is usually a town look as id expect scum to go more in a self-pres mentality. they didn't even bring up dkk when they could have.

i did mention that it could be due to them being teammates and not wanting to sink one another so early on, but for now i doubt that as i think distancing would be the optimal play in that scenario but it's possible.

i think dizzy is still kinda somewhat suspect of them, but just thought long con is more in his poe? i could be wrong there.
Invictius wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 6:48 pm
TonyStarkPrime wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 5:24 pm
Long Con wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 5:22 pm
DkKoba wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 5:21 pm
Long Con wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 5:19 pm
DkKoba wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 5:18 pm LC imma be honest i dont think ur reads are like well founded in good faith - like why is Gavial scum here?

like i say this as I dont want to have to defend you from people eager to lim a slot that is playing poorly and want to in fact help you not play poorly here and cooperate with town and good faith hunt rather than push people who are >rand town lol
What do you mean by "good faith"? I think he could be scum. I thought so earlier, and his zaniness seems too forced.
or that could just be their personality...
Yeah, that could be. :shrug: You seem to know. Do you know too much? You seem to know I'm town and that gavial's town. [VOTE: dkkoba] aubergine
Chill buddy even I know that much and I’ve read 70 percent of the thread
Long Con wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 5:24 pm Ok, cool. [VOTE: unvote] aubergine
why did you back off so easily here LC?

Orange: Bookmarking this as the start of Invictus giving LC crap. Prior to this the material had been non-descript nothingness. So I'll just follow the progression.

Generally, I think Long Con, when civilian, is one of the more token "easy targets" especially for people who don't know him already -- he plays with individualism, an obstinate tone, and doesn't concern himself much with prevailing anything. In that light, there's a decent chance Invictus pulled LC out of a hat as the most obvious "guy I can shade" available (as the off-wagon voting semi-low poster) -- that would be to LC's credit. It's a presumptuous notion I grant.

That kind of easy smear vibe persists to the yellow thing. Given that LC wasn't an odds-on chop himself I can't say this is clear-cut opportunism, but gun to my head that's my impression. Invictus needed someone to poop on, and LC seemed like the right name.

~~~

From Long Con

Long Con wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 2:10 pm
fingersplints wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 12:57 pm
Invictius wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 12:52 pm
fingersplints wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 12:47 pm
What do you think this means?
hi

i shouldn't answer for them but i havent interacted with you yet so i will!

if someone chooses to continue fluffing instead of getting involved people find it suspicious as fluff is something scum can hide behind instead of having to engage in the actual content of the game

that said my understanding is nook is pretty experienced and most wolves are self-aware enough to know to get somewhat involved so they don't look bad whereas town are more apathetic to it. it looks similar to my experience with nook so i think it's kinda towny, but i have no idea what his scum game is like.
I do understand that, but LC put that comment out there without giving any real stance on it. For town, could be a genuine thought to explorers. For mafia could be a way to casually start up suspicion on someone who could be an easy lynch. So I was hoping to hear him clarify his thoughts more to see which I believed him to be. :)
I just felt it was, like, a genuine thought to explore - if someone chooses to continue fluffing instead of getting involved people find it suspicious as fluff is something scum can hide behind instead of having to engage in the actual content of the game, you know? However, Invictus could be right, nook is pretty experienced, and most wolves are self-aware enough to know to get somewhat involved. I'm not that great at reading Nanook anyway.
Long Con wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 9:42 am I'm not sure what it means that neither Invictus nor fingersplints had anything to say about me copy-pasting a response to their suspicions. :haha:

This adds nothing to the interaction of note.

~~~

Conclusion

There's a relative dearth of things to talk about, even if from the Invictus side those things are of significance. I'd be more comfortable if I had more content to develop my perspectives. Gun to my head Long Con is not Invictus's teammate.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 3:53 pm
Yeah, so I don't read it as cover, I read it as jokes. Also, it's funny that Gavial played openly like PT on D1 and lived to D2 with a result lol
Gavial
Made Man

Post by Gavial »

Marmot wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 3:53 pm Also, the reason I claimed today is a couple reasons

1) I'm POE'd so I'm just going to get that out of the way.
2) Gavial is already an outed tracker, so the mafia has to either kill him tonight, giving me two shots, or kill me tonight, giving him another track, but giving me 1 shot at least.
Good Job Marmot!
Thank you bro!
Glad you were PoE as PR it helps a FUCK TON!

Now the question remains is if Long Con/JJJ kills me or you tonight.

Dyslexicon wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 3:55 pm
Yeah, so I don't read it as cover, I read it as jokes. Also, it's funny that Gavial played openly like PT on D1 and lived to D2 with a result lol
Not really surprising tbh, that's a chance you usually take as mafia, most of the time it works out for you

Dyslexicon wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 3:55 pm
Yeah its definitely jokes lol
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 3:54 pmThere's a relative dearth of things to talk about, even if from the Invictus side those things are of significance. I'd be more comfortable if I had more content to develop my perspectives. Gun to my head Long Con is not Invictus's teammate.
Pretty damn sure LC is town. I could feel Invi really wanting to go there D1, and for reasons of "lack of town tells" not anything that is "gotcha" which it might be with a teammate. Invi dislikes unnecessary bussing.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Dyslexicon wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 3:54 pm
He was D1. Game state felt like either him or Falcon to be yeeted from my point of view.

Marmot claimed vig now, so hey. But maybe stupid reason to clear him: He immediately followed Invictius on his RVS vote on me. Yeah, Marmot is maybe a player who would do that, most teammates would probably spread votes. But if Marmot is actually vig, then we're golden anyway.
Okay. That runs counter to what LC suggested, so I'd appreciate anyone else giving me a perspective here. It might be an eye-of-the-beholder thing.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Return to “Previous Heists”