Game Over! Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Moderator: Community Team

How did Das Porcu do co-hosting his first game?

Stupendous!
80%
Horrific!
No votes
Who is Das Porcu?
No votes
Fucking fabulous!!/Hosts
20%

Total votes: 15
Made
Hitman
Posts in topic: 340
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Re: Day 1 Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Post by Made »

thellama73 wrote: Also, people who misrepresent or misread what I write. 90% of my annoyance in the back and forth with Enrique was because of him misquoting/misrepresenting things and I said and me having to correct him.
And suddently I'm certain Enrique is civ. At least assuming he plays Civvie how i interact with him in irc.
Spoiler: show
Pov: you reading my takes
Dana
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 193
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Dana »

thellama73 wrote:Sometimes I use game theory (I studied economics in grad school, and now I am realizing that this post sounds arrogant, so I apologize for that. It is not my intention.) to explain why a particular course of action is or isn't beneficial to the civilians, and it drives me nuts when people don't or won't understand the point.
Grad school?! Everyone in here is so adult! But for real though grad school sounds so scary and difficult. That does seem like a useful skill to have for this game, though. I agree that thinking logically is the best way, but sometimes that can be really hard.
thellama73 wrote:From now on I will be a happy, cheerful llama who doesn't take this game personally. :lorab:
Yay! Happy llamas are the best llamas.
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 153
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

thellama73 wrote:
birdwithteeth11 wrote: If I'm frustrated with mafia, I do best to either vent or walk away for a bit. And thankfully it's worked every time so far.
If it makes you feel better, I get frustrated with mafia almost every single game, which is why I end up calling people idiots and getting in trouble with hosts/mods/MP.

But I keep coming back for more. Glutton for punishment. :D
The word you are looking for is GLUTEN.

BWT - I laughed!
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Dana wrote:But for real though grad school sounds so scary and difficult.
It's really not either of those things.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dana
Drug Dealer

Post by Dana »

Made wrote:
thellama73 wrote: Also, people who misrepresent or misread what I write. 90% of my annoyance in the back and forth with Enrique was because of him misquoting/misrepresenting things and I said and me having to correct him.
And suddently I'm certain Enrique is civ. At least assuming he plays Civvie how i interact with him in irc.
Really? I noticed that he talks much differently here than he does in irc. I assumed that was just because this was mafia though and he was talking more, uh, professionally I guess? Do you really think he's interacting the same in both places?
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

thellama73 wrote:
Dana wrote:I'm trying to figure out what Llama's personality is like but it's very confusing.
Witty, with a hint of troll. Occasionally caustic. I love jokes. I love to amuse myself. I find weird things very funny. I have a quiet intensity, and am prone to overenthusiasm and mild obsession. Generally very optimistic. Erudite, logical, analytical, but also creative. Easily irritated by people I find irritating. Passionate. Definitely a romantic (as opposed to a cynic or a realist). Literary, musical, and fond of films. Eclectic in taste and interests. Opinionated. Introverted. Moral, honest, and whatever the adjective version of integrity is. Integral? Skeptical of modernity and fads, but credulous in terms of the mystical. An anarchist who loves moustaches.

linki: we love you, BWT, and hope you will stay.
Also, you very quickly established rapport with me in this post, and i don't like that.
Dana
Drug Dealer

Post by Dana »

thellama73 wrote:
Dana wrote:But for real though grad school sounds so scary and difficult.
It's really not either of those things.
It is when you're an undergrad.
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Dana wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
Dana wrote:I'm trying to figure out what Llama's personality is like but it's very confusing.
Witty, with a hint of troll. Occasionally caustic. I love jokes. I love to amuse myself. I find weird things very funny. I have a quiet intensity, and am prone to overenthusiasm and mild obsession. Generally very optimistic. Erudite, logical, analytical, but also creative. Easily irritated by people I find irritating. Passionate. Definitely a romantic (as opposed to a cynic or a realist). Literary, musical, and fond of films. Eclectic in taste and interests. Opinionated. Introverted. Moral, honest, and whatever the adjective version of integrity is. Integral? Skeptical of modernity and fads, but credulous in terms of the mystical. An anarchist who loves moustaches.
This is actually surprisingly really helpful. Though I also feel like this is sort of a joke, maybe. What kind of people do you find irritating? Also so many big words, but you did say you were a writer, right? You should make this your bio on everywhere.
Ture. I should add that to his IMDb bio actually.

linki - Dana - We are an accepting bunch - don't be intimidated :)
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Mongoose, are you bad this game? I can't tell.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

thellama73 wrote:Mongoose, are you bad this game? I can't tell.
Nah. I'm sugar through and through.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Mongoose wrote:
thellama73 wrote:Mongoose, are you bad this game? I can't tell.
Nah. I'm sugar through and through.
Okay, good. Thanks.

Dana
Drug Dealer

Post by Dana »

Mongoose wrote: linki - Dana - We are an accepting bunch - don't be intimidated :)
Everyone here has been so nice! :) It's just intimidating because many people have masters and grad school and PhD super-smarts. It's a bit scary in a game like mafia where a whole lot of it or probably most of it is mind games and thinking things through.
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

Dana wrote:
Mongoose wrote: linki - Dana - We are an accepting bunch - don't be intimidated :)
Everyone here has been so nice! :) It's just intimidating because many people have masters and grad school and PhD super-smarts. It's a bit scary in a game like mafia where a whole lot of it or probably most of it is mind games and thinking things through.
keep in mind, a lack of experience does make you unpredictable in a very strangely predictable way. Just play what makes sense, and don't play by other's rules (beside roxy's).

Gonna try to find something intresting on Juliets....
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Dana wrote:
I'm so glad you are having a good experience. You are super duper welcome. And just because I'm super nice don't be afraid to give me the ole grillin' as well.

By the way, we aren't high-fallutin' here. For instance, I may know someone with a JD who got locked out of her office today in yoga clothes! :blush:

Some of the youngest players here have been the most astute. For instance, Simon is a local wunderkind who pegged all the baddies 4/4 in the Thomas the Tank Engine speed game. He was 5 at the time. Simon currently has 0 fancy degrees, yet he can shake with the best of the bunch.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
reywaS
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 43

Post by reywaS »

thellama73 wrote:
Dana wrote:What kind of people do you find irritating?
In mafia, I get irritated at people who can't follow logic (like A Person, who is utterly illogical and whom I've lynched as a civvie multiple times because of it, but I still love him). Sometimes I use game theory (I studied economics in grad school, and now I am realizing that this post sounds arrogant, so I apologize for that. It is not my intention.) to explain why a particular course of action is or isn't beneficial to the civilians, and it drives me nuts when people don't or won't understand the point.

Also, people who misrepresent or misread what I write. 90% of my annoyance in the back and forth with Enrique was because of him misquoting/misrepresenting things and I said and me having to correct him. But I am done with that argument now. From now on I will be a happy, cheerful llama who doesn't take this game personally. :lorab:

Get that last word in, eh? :P
Some day, Some day
Some day I'll, I wanna wear a starry crown
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 6

Post by DFaraday »

Dana wrote:
My Master's degree does nothing to help my Mafia game. :p Also, I don't think I've met you before this, so hi! :)

So much to look over. I'm always wary of going after MP so early just because he is often lynched over nothing (although he was justly caught last time). I don't know Enrique or Made at all, so tomorrow I'll go over their stuff and see what jumps out.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
reywaS
Money Launderer

Post by reywaS »

Some day, Some day
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

DFaraday wrote:
Dana wrote:
My Master's degree does nothing to help my Mafia game. :p Also, I don't think I've met you before this, so hi! :)

So much to look over. I'm always wary of going after MP so early just because he is often lynched over nothing (although he was justly caught last time). I don't know Enrique or Made at all, so tomorrow I'll go over their stuff and see what jumps out.
OMG Where have you been? It's freakin awesome to see you. (I agree; I feel like a dumba$$ most of the time.)

Rey -- Haha, you've got this number!
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

Indepth read of Juliet-
Very early on put on the defensive by a joke (that im pretty sure llama said) but previous to that, the only thing of substance she said was reiterating SVS's No Lynch is a bad idea Remark.

I'm starting to come to the realization that responding to all arguements/points that anyone makes towards you is a very easy way to avoid suspision.

Noted for when i actually am mafia :P (read on Movingpicture incoming)

Linki- I haven't met you either, hello Dfareday!
reywaS
Money Launderer

Post by reywaS »

rude youtube
Some day, Some day
Dana
Drug Dealer

Post by Dana »

Made wrote:keep in mind, a lack of experience does make you unpredictable in a very strangely predictable way. Just play what makes sense, and don't play by other's rules (beside roxy's).

Gonna try to find something intresting on Juliets....
Or it gets you lynched.. And don't forget about DP!
Also is there suspicion in Juliets? How did I miss that?!
Mongoose wrote:
Dana wrote:
I'm so glad you are having a good experience. You are super duper welcome. And just because I'm super nice don't be afraid to give me the ole grillin' as well.

By the way, we aren't high-fallutin' here. For instance, I may know someone with a JD who got locked out of her office today in yoga clothes! :blush:

Some of the youngest players here have been the most astute. For instance, Simon is a local wunderkind who pegged all the baddies 4/4 in the Thomas the Tank Engine speed game. He was 5 at the time. Simon currently has 0 fancy degrees, yet he can shake with the best of the bunch.
I hope you were able to get back in quickly! And that is absolutely adorable. Was there really a Thomas the Tank Engine game? And did little kids seriously play? If so, can I have the link to that? That sounds like the cutest thing ever!
DFaraday wrote: My Master's degree does nothing to help my Mafia game. :p Also, I don't think I've met you before this, so hi! :)
Haha, I would think it would! Hello! I've heard your name thrown around a bit in the past week or two, so it's nice to meet you!
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 233
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Llama, any comment on the "you would know" perspective I brought up?
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 247
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

thellama73 wrote:
birdwithteeth11 wrote: If I'm frustrated with mafia, I do best to either vent or walk away for a bit. And thankfully it's worked every time so far.
If it makes you feel better, I get frustrated with mafia almost every single game, which is why I end up calling people idiots and getting in trouble with hosts/mods/MP.

But I keep coming back for more. Glutton for punishment. :D
I've gotten in 'trouble' with the mods twice in thread already this game. XD

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Long Con wrote:Llama, any comment on the "you would know" perspective I brought up?
I'd really rather not. It is so tedious. But if you insist...

Yes, I can see how it makes sense now that you've used it in context. I think so much of that expression in the way it's being used is in the tone of voice in which it is said, that it's difficult to convey over through typing. I honestly had no idea what Made meant when he was first using it without much context.

Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Dana, here is the link to the Thomas Game: http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... f=28&t=155

Some of the vets' kids did play! You might want to poke around in The Museum of Mafioso thread, where we memorialize all our games. Llama and I hosted a Film Noir game I'm proud of. I'll be hosting a kid-friendly micro mafia game pretty soon, with theme of Disney's Aladdin.

It took an hour for my boss to get back (the spare keys are in his office), so I just hung out in the conference room/kitchen with my coworker and had lunch and felt very self conscious. Yoga clothes are fine for yoga, but not so much when everyone else are in business threads!

Feel free to check out the OT forums as well -- there's a thread where you can introduce yourself. Hours of fun in the OT forums to be had.

Made - I feel like a baddie tactic is to ignore allegations against ya. When civs do it, it seems really sloppy. I might be misunderstanding you though.

MM - Third time's the charm?
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Mongoose wrote:Some of the youngest players here have been the most astute. For instance, Simon is a local wunderkind who pegged all the baddies 4/4 in the Thomas the Tank Engine speed game. He was 5 at the time. Simon currently has 0 fancy degrees, yet he can shake with the best of the bunch.
There's a 5-year-old player on this site??
Made wrote:I'm starting to come to the realization that responding to all arguements/points that anyone makes towards you is a very easy way to avoid suspision.

Don't jump to such conclusions... I have been Mafia and responded to every accusation levelled against me... and even though I proved that my accuser(s) were using false/trumped-up/very misleading information to put suspicion on me, I ended up lynched anyway, BECAUSE I had stayed too much in the spotlight. Spotlight players are any easy sudden lynch. You're a spotlight player right now, Mr Made, and I wouldn't be surprised if you ended up lynched when the lynch endtime looms and suddenly five or six people say "I've been really unsure about Made, but I don't have any better suspicion, so he gets my vote."

I've been there too many times, lynched by people who hadn't focused on other things for too long and ended up throwing a vote my way because it was 'safe' or something.
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 247
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

This thread is getting incredibly mushy right now. :blush:

Let's not forget some nudger is kicking the bucket tomorrow. :zombie:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

Dana wrote:And don't forget about DP!
not for vote tonight.

Ok Indepth read of MP:
He's too on point. Everything he's said so far follows logic, and makes sense. Everything that he says that could possibly benifit mafia he acknowledges. He's "scum hutting" or w/e. I honestly don''t get votes against him anymore....

He is either a very helpful civvie, or maybe an independant role? Regardless, he should be watched. He's playing how i like to, and i find that terrifying.

Also I'm now calling my play style "Suicidal Civvie"-
Dana
Drug Dealer

Post by Dana »

Mongoose wrote:Dana, here is the link to the Thomas Game: http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... f=28&t=155

Some of the vets' kids did play! You might want to poke around in The Museum of Mafioso thread, where we memorialize all our games. Llama and I hosted a Film Noir game I'm proud of. I'll be hosting a kid-friendly micro mafia game pretty soon, with theme of Disney's Aladdin.

It took an hour for my boss to get back (the spare keys are in his office), so I just hung out in the conference room/kitchen with my coworker and had lunch and felt very self conscious. Yoga clothes are fine for yoga, but not so much when everyone else are in business threads!

Feel free to check out the OT forums as well -- there's a thread where you can introduce yourself. Hours of fun in the OT forums to be had.
Thanks for the link! I remember introducing myself in one off topic thread, but I'll have to go back and look at everyone else now that I can recognize some names. The Aladdin game sounds really fun, too! It didn't even cross my mind to have kid friendly games here, but it's such a good idea, little kids are so great. I'm glad you were able to get back into your office! I doubt anyone even noticed your clothes, don't worry :)
Dana
Drug Dealer

Post by Dana »

Made wrote:
not for vote tonight.
No he's not for vote any night he's a host... You were talking about following only Roxy's rules.
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

Made wrote:Indepth read of Juliet-
Very early on put on the defensive by a joke (that im pretty sure llama said) but previous to that, the only thing of substance she said was reiterating SVS's No Lynch is a bad idea Remark.

I'm starting to come to the realization that responding to all arguements/points that anyone makes towards you is a very easy way to avoid suspision.

Linki- I haven't met you either, hello Dfareday!
Thought about Juliet further. The fact that she was put on the defensive so easily with so little accusations or theories is pretty intresting. While it could be interpreted as on the defensive, it could also be interpreted as not posting to slide under the radar, and appearing to make sure that all thoughts against her are surpressed. Is she normally this jumpy?

linki- oh, read DH, yeah, DP and Roxy are my dudes.
Dana
Drug Dealer

Post by Dana »

Made wrote: linki- oh, read DH, yeah, DP and Roxy are my dudes.
I don't think DH is even in this game.
A Person
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 30

Post by A Person »

23 pages already
not an awful way to make sure the civs are lost when it comes to rereading the thread later
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

thellama73 wrote:
Long Con wrote:Llama, any comment on the "you would know" perspective I brought up?
I'd really rather not. It is so tedious. But if you insist...

Yes, I can see how it makes sense now that you've used it in context. I think so much of that expression in the way it's being used is in the tone of voice in which it is said, that it's difficult to convey over through typing. I honestly had no idea what Made meant when he was first using it without much context.
You may have been the only one. Even Enrique, whose first language is not English (as I understand things), seemed to understand the meaning of it.

Was anyone else unclear about the meaning of "you would know"? I shouldn't speak for anyone else, but I don't recall anyone asking for clarification on that statement.

Also, I think that "Is English your first language?" thing that seemed to get irate might have had its genesis with a misunderstanding of whose issue that was: Enrique's.
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

A Person wrote:23 pages already
not an awful way to make sure the civs are lost when it comes to rereading the thread later
oops, sorry about that. been treating the thread like it's my brunch date. back to OT forums for me. and will gear up for some baddie hunting tomorrow. im super interested in the list of one ess vee ess.

linki - Great point, LC.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 6

Post by DFaraday »

Mongoose wrote:
DFaraday wrote:
Dana wrote:

OMG Where have you been? It's freakin awesome to see you. (I agree; I feel like a dumba$$ most of the time.)

Rey -- Haha, you've got this number!
Mongoose! I was on break; I was helping out with a retreat over the summer, then training for a job. Hopefully I'll be around a bit more now.

And hi Made! It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance! :noble:
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

Tomorrow, I'm going to start tldring things on a document on my Signature. of course, it'll be nothing like reading the whole thread, but it'd be a great way to get context to make skimming more effective. For the sake of bias and stuff/keeping it objective I'll list all who endorse my summarry, and allow for a space where those who disagree can voice there disagreements.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Made wrote:Tomorrow, I'm going to start tldring things on a document on my Signature. of course, it'll be nothing like reading the whole thread, but it'd be a great way to get context to make skimming more effective. For the sake of bias and stuff/keeping it objective I'll list all who endorse my summarry, and allow for a space where those who disagree can voice there disagreements.
Cool idea, actually. Use the sig as a home for important points and suspicions.
DisgruntledPorcupine
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 85

Post by DisgruntledPorcupine »

I'm being remembered! :blush:
Enrique
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 192

Post by Enrique »

Made wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
Dana wrote: Did someone imply Made and BWT were teammates or did he say it all by himself?
If BTW is a good guy and Made is a good guy then technically we are all on BTW's Team, I think.
Made said he was "throwing BWT under the bus" a phrase usually reserved for teammates. I asked him if he was on a team with BWT and he said "I am not on BWT's team" which implies that BWT has a team.

Regarding your second point, if the civvies are a team, then Made implied that either BWT or himself is not civ when he said "I am not on BWT's team."

You see?
Dana, for all intent and purposes, read llama like you would read things hotkeys would say...
LOL.

Beginning to ketchup. Was a good night :biggrin:
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

Spacedaisy wrote:Enrique: I think he is civ as well, I think he just got worked up over llama going after Made, who is a friend of his unless I am mistaken? Llama tends to have that effect on people, it's part of his undefinable charm... Or something. ;)
Made is no more my friend than you guys. Mafia is Mafia, other shit iis other shit. :noble:
birdwithteeth wrote:As a side note, I know Enrique was making comments about wanting to hear more from me. Right now I'm dealing with my 2nd week of a new promotion to a management position. And I'm already in long work hours, during which I have zero time to check into this game at all. And given I'm already sitting in front of a computer for 6+ hours every day so far this week, you'll forgive me if I don't spend tons and tons of time reading up on mafia.
Yeah, don't sweat it. I wanted to know what you had to say about the Made thing, and given that you'd been around before, I assumed you would be available to give your opinion. It's all good.
llama wrote:Also, people who misrepresent or misread what I write. 90% of my annoyance in the back and forth with Enrique was because of him misquoting/misrepresenting things and I said and me having to correct him. But I am done with that argument now. From now on I will be a happy, cheerful llama who doesn't take this game personally. :lorab:
Oh yes I feel you here. Not a big fan of being misinterpreted, either.
Dana wrote:Really? I noticed that he talks much differently here than he does in irc. I assumed that was just because this was mafia though and he was talking more, uh, professionally I guess? Do you really think he's interacting the same in both places?
lol I'm actually talking about "important" shit here. You can tell when I'm playing and when I'm playing :p
DFaraday wrote:So much to look over. I'm always wary of going after MP so early just because he is often lynched over nothing (although he was justly caught last time). I don't know Enrique or Made at all, so tomorrow I'll go over their stuff and see what jumps out.
You.
Fuck.
You've known me for years, asshole :(
Made wrote:I'm starting to come to the realization that responding to all arguements/points that anyone makes towards you is a very easy way to avoid suspision.
Yeah, don't do that, lol. I'm the kind that does this and gets uber defensive. There's definitely better ways to stand your ground. Not sure if anyone here remembers the mega-post I made that one time in Piano? For Recruitment Mafia, I think. I quoted posts from like every single page in the game. People had to spend whole minutes scrolling down to the end. It was half glorious half terrible. I got lynched.
LC wrote:You may have been the only one. Even Enrique, whose first language is not English (as I understand things), seemed to understand the meaning of it.

Was anyone else unclear about the meaning of "you would know"? I shouldn't speak for anyone else, but I don't recall anyone asking for clarification on that statement.

Also, I think that "Is English your first language?" thing that seemed to get irate might have had its genesis with a misunderstanding of whose issue that was: Enrique's.
Wait, what? I had no part in that argument at all lol. And yeah, English is my second language, but I'm bilingual m8.

C'mon elsie you know me better than that :(
Last edited by Roxy on Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: fixed quote fails
ImageImageImageImage
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

OH SHIT I FUCKED UP EVERY SINGLE QUOTE AGAIN. IT'S RECRUITMENT MAFIA ALL OVER AGAIN. NOOOOOOOO.

:offtobed: Good night, friends.
ImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Enrique wrote:Wait, what? I had no part in that argument at all lol. And yeah, English is my second language, but I'm bilingual m8.

C'mon elsie you know me better than that :(
No, I think you mentioned the second-language thing, and someone misremembered who said that, and asked someone else if THEIR first language was English, which led to some possibly-ruffled feathers. Not saying you were involved in that discussion, just that your statement may have inadvertently caused it. Of course I know you better than that, you're a longtime pillar of the Mafia community I know and love. :D
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

Right. Now I remember bringing that up when llama called me out on my use of "but" instead of "and" or something like that. The 2nd language card is just an easy way to validate my stupidity :p
ImageImageImageImage
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 181
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

Dana wrote:
I do not have grad school, masters phds or super-smarts. I barely made it through my undergrad and I'm pretty sure I forgot most of that. It's all good Dana - everyone has something to bring to the table regardless of education level. :srsnod:
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 181
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

Enrique wrote:Right. Now I remember bringing that up when llama called me out on my use of "but" instead of "and" or something like that. The 2nd language card is just an easy way to validate my stupidity :p

You are not stupid rico suave - you are a pillar!

That said, I may be known to purposely misspell things so that when I really misspell something it's harder to tell when I'm doing it for jokes or because I effed up. :blush: ;)
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 375

Post by S~V~S »

Dear LC's sig:
S~V~S seemed to be pushing the idea that baddies can take advantage of Roxy's challenges by buddying up with Civs. Despite the fact that we have not seen any indication of any of that happening, she kept the 'Public Service Announcement' going. I felt a gut ping, and I think it's the idea that a baddie S~V~S would use this as a vehicle to seem pro-Civvie.
LC, Made did it. First he made a joke about it, then when someone asked who he was suspish of, he said something like, "Um, well, BWT was not as helpful as he could have been in the challenge."

It is the main reason I said I suspected him; my thoughts have little to do with any chatroom shenanigans. Even the thing about logging in and out after Roxy cleared it does not make me suspect him more. As I said, we all do that irl. You say something off the cuff, without really thinking about it. And everyone says OK, and moves on. But in Mafia where everyone overanalyzes every little thing, you say something off the cuff, someone disputes it, you have to lie to support your own statement, you get caught again, blurgh. Lying over trivia does not necessarily make one bad, but it can be part of a pattern of behavior.

But anyhow, yeah someone did do it, Made.

And you saw me "acting civvie" in Fight Club, making up theories and not cases, and holding suspicions & votes until no one could jump on my bogus Leamiteo/Mighty Rearranger faux suspicions to make ME look suspicious. And working hard to protect Black Rock, on whom all of our fortunes rested, as well as myself; I don;t think I took one vote that whole game. Here I only have to protect myself, and am doing a piss poor job of it apparently.

So LC's sig, please think less harshly of me and perhaps consider changing in the near future.

In other news, I can't believe HOW MUCH YOU GUYS TALKED even overnight :D
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 375

Post by S~V~S »

I just reread, and lost a giant reply by cutting and pasting over my cut and paste (Curse you lack of a multiquote feature *shakes fist*)

I am inclined to do as BWT advises, and let the dust settle around Llama & Made and see what happens. I am totally not seeing sinister llama at all, and won't be voting for him. I did and do suspect Made, he got my eye with the No Lynch thing, then the suspecting someone for challenge related reasons. But I am inclined to buy what Rico is selling, if not Made, for now. But if it comes down to Made or someone I trust more, like myself, or Llama being lynched, I will vote for him.

Were I to vote now, I would brave the No U & vote for MP. If anyone is making crap up and not believing it, it is him, IMO. And MM, who I think is being really devilish, cut up Canucks post for no reason when replying to her, and the part he cut out was where she said she suspected MP. There was no need to do that. Plus the two people who know MP best, his lady and his RL bff have voted for him, which says something to me. Normally I would do that now, but my name is being mentioned, and so is Llamas, and like I said, Mr Moustache feels civ to me (and no Made, we are not in cahoots, we are actually getting along for once, lol, poor MP with his brood of opinionated, hostile children ha ha) so I will vote later, probably around 6ish, at the bus stop. Hopefully I can refrain from yelling at the phone & scaring the bus people.

@Llama, I read the "throw under the bus" thing as mainly unfamiliarity with an idiom, rather than as a statement about BWT's affiliation.

@Made, I think I read BWT fairly well. He is blendy, visibly opportunistic in voting, and somewhat detached when he is bad. Not really seeing that, but it is only day one, believe it or not.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

S~V~S wrote:LC, Made did it. First he made a joke about it, then when someone asked who he was suspish of, he said something like, "Um, well, BWT was not as helpful as he could have been in the challenge."
I thought the "baddie buddy" concept was different, and would look more like "Hey, Wink-Winks, let's stick together and lynch those noobs, the Nudgers!" What you described there, though it does straddle the line of "contest stuff" and "suspicion stuff", is not the idea I got from your public service announcements.
And you saw me "acting civvie" in Fight Club, making up theories and not cases, and holding suspicions & votes until no one could jump on my bogus Leamiteo/Mighty Rearranger faux suspicions to make ME look suspicious. And working hard to protect Black Rock, on whom all of our fortunes rested, as well as myself; I don;t think I took one vote that whole game. Here I only have to protect myself, and am doing a piss poor job of it apparently.
I'm not much of a "compare someone to their older games" player, I think. I don't remember everyone's style well enough, I tend to go more for scanning intentions and gut feel. I ESPECIALLY am not going to start judging you based on a comparison with Fight Club after you yourself brought it up in your defense. Maybe if someone ELSE had tried comparing you to get a better read on you, but when it's you bringing it up, well... you decide how you act. You could be a baddie who is specifically trying to act differently just so you could bring up Fight Club, compare for us, and seem Civvie.
Canucklehead
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 139

Post by Canucklehead »

Mongoose wrote:We've discussed Made and Enrique super thoroughly. It's good we are getting into some others now - MP, SVS, Llama, BWT etc. Me too if you want. Matt's been chattier than this game and I always like that. Need to catch up on the last few hours though before I say a) who is suspicious today and b) who I'd like to hear more from (to make sure they didn't post in the intervening hours).

I'm reading Rob like a straight up civ (but that's what he wants us to think!). No, but seriously.

MM - That's how I feel as well. PS I feel good about you.
Still catching up (AGAIN, you chatty fuckers), but just wanted to very gently suggest that we maybe not use people's RL names when discussing the game, even if they happen to be our very bestiest bffs in the whole world ever, because those of us who are new to the forum have no idea who the duck you're talking about and this thread is hard enough to keep up with as it is.....

Pretty please?? :hugs: :coffee3: :OMG: :lorab:

Return to “Previous Jobs”