Game Over! Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Moderator: Community Team

How did Das Porcu do co-hosting his first game?

Stupendous!
80%
Horrific!
No votes
Who is Das Porcu?
No votes
Fucking fabulous!!/Hosts
20%

Total votes: 15
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 153
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Re: Day 2 Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Post by Mongoose »

I'm always into the WIFOM. Careful, it can be distracting, but it lures the lurkers out of the wordwork.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Mister Rearranger
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 75

Post by Mister Rearranger »

Personally, I'm a beer 'n' scotch man...

Rum is good too. :)
We find comfort among those who agree with us - growth among those who don't.

Made
Hitman
Posts in topic: 340
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Made »

After thinking it over further, I think it might be in our best intrest to ignore llama's mutenessness.
Think about it like this. Anyway you cut it, the best person to mute would be Llama. For example, let's say there's a team of Dana, Bea, canuck, squid, a person, space daisy, and anyone else i haven't stated strong opinions for this game. They're aware of the amount of how much flack i've gotten, but they're also aware of how little i've accused them this game. So, even if they don't use this to get me lynched, they'd use it to get anyone i've accused lynched. it a win win for way too many people; boogs, bullz (as he would of been silenced before i quoted him). I don't like these odds.
Pov: you reading my takes
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Spacedaisy »

I hate when the accusation of WIFOM comes out. It is the most pointless accusation you could ever make. Because when someone says "I would (or would never) do X, Y, Z if I were bad," it could either be true or a lie and shouting "WIFOM!" Proves nothing. You can either believe someone or not, but WIFOM is ridiculous because if it is a civ defending themselves should they just not defend themself with the truth of the situation because it might be considered WIFOM? Just my two cents.

I don't even know who is being accused of WIFOM right now, lol...
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 247
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Made wrote:After thinking it over further, I think it might be in our best intrest to ignore llama's mutenessness.
Think about it like this. Anyway you cut it, the best person to mute would be Llama. For example, let's say there's a team of Dana, Bea, canuck, squid, a person, space daisy, and anyone else i haven't stated strong opinions for this game. They're aware of the amount of how much flack i've gotten, but they're also aware of how little i've accused them this game. So, even if they don't use this to get me lynched, they'd use it to get anyone i've accused lynched. it a win win for way too many people; boogs, bullz (as he would of been silenced before i quoted him). I don't like these odds.
I agree that llama is not a bad option for silencing, but why do you have to involve yourself in the reasoning? Tbh, I think you would be prime target for silencing.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Made wrote:After thinking it over further, I think it might be in our best intrest to ignore llama's mutenessness.
I agree that llama is not a bad option for silencing, but why do you have to involve yourself in the reasoning? Tbh, I think you would be prime target for silencing.
I involved myself because llama v made was probably the biggest thing that happened on day 1, or at least the most talked about thing. How would I be a good person to silence?
Boogs
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 140

Post by Boogs »

Sorry it's been a busy holiday weekend, and it have plans tomorrow with friends also for a cook out.
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 149
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

Hi!!!!

So sorry I haven't been around!! I had to be at camp with a bunch of teenagers for part of the weekend. Back now. Still catching up. I'm here, though!!
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 233
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

LoRab wrote:Hi!!!!

So sorry I haven't been around!! I had to be at camp with a bunch of teenagers for part of the weekend. Back now. Still catching up. I'm here, though!!
Good luck, Rabster! :lorab:
Enrique
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 192

Post by Enrique »

HEY!

What's going on?
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

LOL those two consecutive posts where apparently I'm a leading lynch candidate out of the blue are golden. Maybe I'm forgetting something, but this is new, right? I've been a little distracted the last few days. No biggie, still don't intend to get lynched.

Can I just say I disagree with the argument that I only ever talk about the Made / llama deal BS? I've been around, I've called people out, asked to participate, responded to most discussions in this thread so far. Maybe most of my posts have been in my own defense but I've been talking craploads and definitely ventured outside that bubble. I actually really needed this day break lol.

It just sometimes feels like people don't read my posts, you know? And it gets really frustrating when people insist I'm working my ass off to save Made right now when I've made several posts questioning him and generally expressing distrust of him. Hell, if I'm not mistaken, I explicitly said I saw myself voting for him today. And because I know it's coming, I will address that this is not flip-flopping; I'm not voting for him because I'm suddenly convinced by llama's I'm gonna call it terrible "he must have BTSC" argument which I've already made too many posts against to be assed anymore. I'm especially wary of MM continuing to misrepresent my posts and just trying to make me look guilty in general. What's the deal here?

For most of the game I've felt pretty well about SVS, but this LC discussion does shake things a little. I didn't have a problem with her attitude which is where LC's original ping came from, but I'm not big into how she's responded to the accusations. I agree with LC when he says that when you yourself ask the accuser to compare your playstyle to a previous game, you absolutely cannot be trusted. Baddies are self-aware peeps; they learn from their mistakes and they will use previous games as reference to manipulate your opinion. I'm not close to ready to vote for SVS, in general I trust her, but this does remind me to keep an eye out for her. :eye:

People that keep bringing up Hedgie... I think it's pretty funny that nobody ever talks about what the case on her is. It's like she's just a buzz name thrown around by people who want to act like they're all over this game. "Oh yeah, definitely looking at Hedgie's posts," "I'm gonna look back on the Hedgie case to see what's going on." But then there's absolutely no content?? What the hell are you guys thinking? What makes Hedgie stand out from the other 20 players that you're even consider her for a vote? Please enlighten me here!

Something something juliets. I don't trust her a lot, and that exchange with LC definitely pinged me some. Too tired to even think of specific points right now, just sharing how it made me feel reading it. It's reallyy late and I almost forgot to Mafia before bed, but here I am, up to speed again. I will go back on this tomorrow before the lynch. I definitely won't vote for her without having made a case before, but eh, I'm not really that deep into this. I've known juliets on IRC for a few years but I'm not sure we'd ever played together before? It's a lot harder to suspect someone when you're not all that familiar with their style. For the most part I've backed off the llama thing because people insist it's civvie llama talking, it's just my gut disagrees. w/e we'll see
ImageImageImageImage
Enrique
Loan Shark

Re: Day 1 Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Post by Enrique »

Bullzeye wrote:
Enrique wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:
Made wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:I do like that almost everybody has voted. Hopefully the others show up too!
Yeah, the only people who haven't voted yet are dana, lizzy, and squid.
At this rate Lizzy probably won't vote but I would expect the other two to.
Why are you expecting Blooper to vote? She hasn't been around much, either. Has she been more active behind the scenes?
How should I know? I just thought I'd seen her around more than she apparently has been and figured she was more likely to vote than Lizzy who hasn't been around since day zero.
Randomly reminded of this. I'm not crazy for thinking this is fishy, right?
ImageImageImageImage
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

Re: llama being silenced. It's pretty much impossible to make any judgement based on this when we don't know whether the silencer role is good or bad. It goes both ways. All we know is that somebody wants him quiet, but without access to the roles, that doesn't tell us anything about whether he's on the right/wrong track.
ImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 375

Post by S~V~S »

Agreed; s/he could want Llama to shut up for real purposes, like Llama is on track with suspicions. It could also be in order to frame the person Llama suspects, since some people will think the silencer did the first thing I said. If a civ, it could be to protect llama, although I find this less likely, since I really don't think Llama was in danger of a lynch.

Bye BR, Hey Keterman :)

And LC, I will try to stop saying that. And thanks for taking the sig down~
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 264

Post by Bullzeye »

Why would it be 'win win' for me? I don't understand. Also if anything I think the best person to silence would be you, for your own good. It's possible Llama was silenced just to silence an active player. When I had that power in X-Men several of my targets were just because I'd looked at the top posters before sending in my PM. Llama tends to be the top poster in most games, in my experience.
Metalmarsh89 wrote: I agree that llama is not a bad option for silencing, but why do you have to involve yourself in the reasoning? Tbh, I think you would be prime target for silencing.
FWIW Llama could have been silenced to draw attention to Made or anyone else he'd discussed. But I do think for Made to just assume that that's definitely it is a bit odd.

Halfway through this catchup post I decided I wanted to come back to some other stuff but I'll post this much now anyway.
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Enrique wrote:LOL those two consecutive posts where apparently I'm a leading lynch candidate out of the blue are golden. Maybe I'm forgetting something, but this is new, right? I've been a little distracted the last few days. No biggie, still don't intend to get lynched.

Can I just say I disagree with the argument that I only ever talk about the Made / llama deal BS? I've been around, I've called people out, asked to participate, responded to most discussions in this thread so far. Maybe most of my posts have been in my own defense but I've been talking craploads and definitely ventured outside that bubble. I actually really needed this day break lol.

It just sometimes feels like people don't read my posts, you know? And it gets really frustrating when people insist I'm working my ass off to save Made right now when I've made several posts questioning him and generally expressing distrust of him. Hell, if I'm not mistaken, I explicitly said I saw myself voting for him today. And because I know it's coming, I will address that this is not flip-flopping; I'm not voting for him because I'm suddenly convinced by llama's I'm gonna call it terrible "he must have BTSC" argument which I've already made too many posts against to be assed anymore. I'm especially wary of MM continuing to misrepresent my posts and just trying to make me look guilty in general. What's the deal here?
Reading through your posts I do think it's unfair to say you only ever talk about Made & Llama. You have added to many other discussions about several different players. There are also several points where you do question Made and appear to distrust him buuuuuut there were times during day one where I thought you were defending Made and did appear to be in his corner. Perhaps you noticed that yourself and decided to step back, or perhaps you're telling the truth and always felt how you now seem to feel. I dunno.
Enrique wrote:For most of the game I've felt pretty well about SVS, but this LC discussion does shake things a little. I didn't have a problem with her attitude which is where LC's original ping came from, but I'm not big into how she's responded to the accusations. I agree with LC when he says that when you yourself ask the accuser to compare your playstyle to a previous game, you absolutely cannot be trusted. Baddies are self-aware peeps; they learn from their mistakes and they will use previous games as reference to manipulate your opinion. I'm not close to ready to vote for SVS, in general I trust her, but this does remind me to keep an eye out for her. :eye:
I still mostly feel like SVS is civ. I think I basically agree with your judgement here.
Enrique wrote:People that keep bringing up Hedgie... I think it's pretty funny that nobody ever talks about what the case on her is. It's like she's just a buzz name thrown around by people who want to act like they're all over this game. "Oh yeah, definitely looking at Hedgie's posts," "I'm gonna look back on the Hedgie case to see what's going on." But then there's absolutely no content?? What the hell are you guys thinking? What makes Hedgie stand out from the other 20 players that you're even consider her for a vote? Please enlighten me here!
I also agree with this to an extent. Made said it was strange that I hadn't given an opinion on Hedge but tbh the whole case (or whatever) on her slid right under my nose and I just see people bringing it up every now and then as if they're trying to have something to say. I'm trying to plan my Masters dissertation so I haven't had a lot of time for the thread but I'm almost done with three weeks to spare so today I will make an effort.
Enrique wrote:Something something juliets. I don't trust her a lot, and that exchange with LC definitely pinged me some. Too tired to even think of specific points right now, just sharing how it made me feel reading it. It's reallyy late and I almost forgot to Mafia before bed, but here I am, up to speed again. I will go back on this tomorrow before the lynch. I definitely won't vote for her without having made a case before, but eh, I'm not really that deep into this. I've known juliets on IRC for a few years but I'm not sure we'd ever played together before? It's a lot harder to suspect someone when you're not all that familiar with their style. For the most part I've backed off the llama thing because people insist it's civvie llama talking, it's just my gut disagrees. w/e we'll see
JC is still on my suspects list and I have no intention of removing her from it yet. I might even vote for her again today.
Enrique wrote: Randomly reminded of this. I'm not crazy for thinking this is fishy, right?
You're not crazy (at least not for this reason) but you are reading too much into it. I had spent that day reading over the people on the poll (of which Niju wasn't one) and knew Lizzy was AWOL. So I said of the three who hadn't voted she probably wouldn't but I expected the other two to do so because as far as I was aware there was no reason for either of them to miss the poll.
S~V~S wrote:Agreed; s/he could want Llama to shut up for real purposes, like Llama is on track with suspicions. It could also be in order to frame the person Llama suspects, since some people will think the silencer did the first thing I said. If a civ, it could be to protect llama, although I find this less likely, since I really don't think Llama was in danger of a lynch.
Yeah I think we can rule out a silencer trying to protect Llama. He definitely didn't seem under any threat. It might even be someone who was sick of catching up on so many pages trying to get rid of one of the main causes of that.
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

These two posts from Rey and SVS seem to summarise the Hedgeowl debacle.
reywaS wrote:
Hedgeowl wrote:Ok, gotta run, so voting SVS for now in case I dont make it back i time.

My feelings currently are that either MP or SVS are possibly a baddie, but probably not both. SVS's super focus on Made earlier in the game, made me suspicious, but then he redirection to Metal I found equally interesting. I would think of her voting for her top suspect. That also might have been to redirect focus from the llama-Enri-Made arguments, but I still thought it was unlike her. It made me think she was reacting to the heat she was getting about her Made suspicions.

Votes SVS
Just wanted to expand on this a little more. Saying that "probably not both" gives you an enormous amount of wiggle room in the event that one of the two of them is lynched today. If you had said that perhaps both of them may be bad, you wouldn't be able to avoid responsibility for the one that's lynched today and you wouldn't have a target for day 2...assuming the one lynched today flipped civvie.

This post rings a very loud alarm bell to me.
S~V~S wrote:This sounds like a hedge play (tee hee) to avoid responsibility when I turn up civ, "Oh I knew one of them must be bad, guess I picked the wrong one". And have you read what I said? I still suspect Made, but I feel that Enrique has said some things that gave me pause.

What do you think would have been more like me?
I can see where they're coming from in that her saying 'one is definitely bad but not both' leads easily into lynching a civ and trying to exclude yourself from scrutiny by saying 'well I knew one had to be bad, it must be the other'. I only did a brief skim read after searching Hedge in the thread so perhaps there's more to the case that I've missed. It definitely doesn't look great but at the same time it's not a huge thing in my opinion and I'd need to see more before I decided Hedge was suspicious.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 89

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

Sorry I haven't been around! I've been fairly busy with work yesterday and other family activities this weekend. I just spent the last hour or so catching up though, and I think I am up to speed now.

The two people that currently stick out to me are Hedge and JC. I feel like Hedge was trying to pick out two easy targets for lynches, and then cover her butt if either of them got lynched and wound up civ. I think rey and SVS covered it in pretty good detail already, but that's how I felt about her posts. As for JC, the LC debate was definitely pingy, but for some reason I'm a bit more hesitant about her. My only guess is it's because I usually have a hard time reading JC. Most likely I will be voting for one of the two, but I want to see what else develops.
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 243
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Enrique wrote:LOL those two consecutive posts where apparently I'm a leading lynch candidate out of the blue are golden. Maybe I'm forgetting something, but this is new, right? I've been a little distracted the last few days. No biggie, still don't intend to get lynched.

Maybe it's because your points from day 1 seemed so passionate it's hard to remember the other posts in comparison to those. I have seen you involved with discussion on many people so I don't feel like you've been just discussing made and llama the whole time.
Enrique wrote:For most of the game I've felt pretty well about SVS, but this LC discussion does shake things a little. I didn't have a problem with her attitude which is where LC's original ping came from, but I'm not big into how she's responded to the accusations. I agree with LC when he says that when you yourself ask the accuser to compare your playstyle to a previous game, you absolutely cannot be trusted. Baddies are self-aware peeps; they learn from their mistakes and they will use previous games as reference to manipulate your opinion. I'm not close to ready to vote for SVS, in general I trust her, but this does remind me to keep an eye out for her. :eye:
I think I said this before but I don't have any problems with the warning she put out about what can happen in the game when you have bad and civ mingled on the teams. I didn't see anything in her defense posts that made me wary of her but Enrique what did you see? I may have missed something subtle. I disagree that when you ask your accuser to look at your playstyle in other games to compare it to how it is this game that it is a baddie move. I've seen others do that and I've gone back and looked and found they were right - their style as a civ matched what they had done in other games. To me it's like how we compare made this game to made last game. We've considered that a legitimate comparison so why not others.
Enrique wrote:People that keep bringing up Hedgie... I think it's pretty funny that nobody ever talks about what the case on her is. It's like she's just a buzz name thrown around by people who want to act like they're all over this game. "Oh yeah, definitely looking at Hedgie's posts," "I'm gonna look back on the Hedgie case to see what's going on." But then there's absolutely no content?? What the hell are you guys thinking? What makes Hedgie stand out from the other 20 players that you're even consider her for a vote? Please enlighten me here!
I did go back and read Hedgie's posts and didn't see a thing that would make me suspicious or anything that made her stand out from other players.
Enrique wrote:Something something juliets. I don't trust her a lot, and that exchange with LC definitely pinged me some. Too tired to even think of specific points right now, just sharing how it made me feel reading it. It's reallyy late and I almost forgot to Mafia before bed, but here I am, up to speed again. I will go back on this tomorrow before the lynch. I definitely won't vote for her without having made a case before, but eh, I'm not really that deep into this. I've known juliets on IRC for a few years but I'm not sure we'd ever played together before? It's a lot harder to suspect someone when you're not all that familiar with their style. For the most part I've backed off the llama thing because people insist it's civvie llama talking, it's just my gut disagrees. w/e we'll see
Enrique I understand you're just too sleepy to continue but when you get on today I hope you'll talk a little more about what pinged you from mine and LC's interaction. And yes I agree just because we know each other on irc doesn't mean we understand each others play styles. I had trouble interpreting you when you were so passionate about made but as time has moved along I've become much less concerned.

I do not know who I will vote today. Boogs is causing me a little concern because he is usually active as a civ and here he seems to be finding reasons to not come here. I wish I had Epi's quote from one of the last games regarding how much responsibility he has but still manages to come in and post thoughts. There are other people who haven't really come in at all but it's Boog's tone when he does come in that bothers me. Why not give some thoughts while here? That said, I doubt I'll vote for Boogs today. I am considering made for a vote however. Or, it feels like a number of people are talking about me so I may have to vote to save myself (maybe it hasnt been that many and I'm just feeling it has been).
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Also, I forgot to add that part of the reason I haven't been as active either is because I am tweaking some stuff on my Doctor Who game, which will go into sign-ups at some point today! :D
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

Bullzeye wrote:
Why would it be 'win win' for me?
Metalmarsh89 wrote: I agree that llama is not a bad option for silencing, but why do you have to involve yourself in the reasoning? Tbh, I think you would be prime target for silencing.
FWIW Llama could have been silenced to draw attention to Made or anyone else he'd discussed. But I do think for Made to just assume that that's definitely it is a bit odd
Just reread llama, he persued me almost solely. It's not odd, it makes sense. The arguement I'm making is that anyone who hadn't been brought into the middle of llama/made would be pretty much safe from any fallout If we decided to lynch based on why he was silenced.
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Made wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:
FWIW Llama could have been silenced to draw attention to Made or anyone else he'd discussed. But I do think for Made to just assume that that's definitely it is a bit odd
Just reread llama, he persued me almost solely. It's not odd, it makes sense. The arguement I'm making is that anyone who hadn't been brought into the middle of llama/made would be pretty much safe from any fallout If we decided to lynch based on why he was silenced.
Why would 'we' do that though?
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

If you're referring to when I said "boogs, bulls" I was continuing the list of people I hadn't gave strong opinions on day 1.

People who me or llama hadn't gave strong opinions on would be the last people thought to silence llama
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

It's a total WIFOM argument, it could be read either way, tbh. Made (or his team) shut Llama up to, well, shut him up. OR someone else shut Llama up to make it look like Made shut him up. The way you read it depends totally on how you feel about Made. We could go back and forth about it for hours, but that is the black and white of it.

Made, do you still distrust Enrique? Or did you back off of that?

I have a kitchen full of tomatoes, and a garage full of laundry. I will be in and out of here on breaks, but not much until tonight.
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 181
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

ugh - on my way out the door - :I I really am not at all sure about who to vote for today - I will ponder it for a few and vote from the phone. I will be at work so it'll be a quick and ugly looking vote.
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

S~V~S wrote: Made, do you still distrust Enrique? Or did you back off of that?
In light of recent events, Enrique has my strongest civvie read, second only to you.

Honestly I think he's getting shit so he'll conform with the Made baddy theory
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Made wrote:If you're referring to when I said "boogs, bulls" I was continuing the list of people I hadn't gave strong opinions on day 1.

People who me or llama hadn't gave strong opinions on would be the last people thought to silence llama
The 'we' question was in reference to why 'we' would decide to lynch based on the WIFOM of why Llama might have been silenced. Because I don't see why 'we' would. I keep putting 'we' in inverted commas because I don't see the thread being so unanimous as to all decide to vote for one specific reason so early in the game.
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Made wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:
Just to check, you aren't considering voting a silenced player are you?
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

Of course he's given his opinion on me, both postive and negative. People who say other wise have garnered my suspicion (see MR being on my "short list")

Linki-I have no intentions to vote llama

Linki- oh, pronouns suck. The fact so many people could hide in this WIFOM is why I don't want to vote based on llama being silenced.
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

Note the above post is a continuation of my previous post.
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Yeah, you might drive yourself crazy trying to get to the bottom of that one!
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

Voting for Juliets. My reasoning can be very quickly summed up by reading page 36.
Still very wary of MR.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Page 36? I only have 25 pages (my settings are 60 posts per page). Can you give us a link?
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

S~V~S wrote:Page 36? I only have 25 pages (my settings are 60 posts per page). Can you give us a link?
http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... start=1400

Not sure if this will work, if it doesn't hmu.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Enrique wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:
Enrique wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:
Made wrote: Yeah, the only people who haven't voted yet are dana, lizzy, and squid.
At this rate Lizzy probably won't vote but I would expect the other two to.
Why are you expecting Blooper to vote? She hasn't been around much, either. Has she been more active behind the scenes?
How should I know? I just thought I'd seen her around more than she apparently has been and figured she was more likely to vote than Lizzy who hasn't been around since day zero.
Randomly reminded of this. I'm not crazy for thinking this is fishy, right?
I don't see much here. Lizzy never checked in, but ninja blooper has posted occasional, and even participated in the Night 0 event.

Still catching up, and I have some things to say about your other post Enrique, coming soon.

Linki: @Made if you ever want to quote a specific post, click the red title at the top of the post (Eg. Re: Day 1 Monty Python and the Holy Grail), and the link for that post will appear in the address bar.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

Thanks MM

Read from this post: http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 400#p79824

To this post:http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 400#p79870

This isn't the full page, but it's all the relevant parts of the page.
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Made wrote:
In light of recent events, Enrique has my strongest civvie read, second only to you.

That sounds like a baddie move to me, to conform like that. Or do you know Enrique well enough to predict his actions?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Made wrote:

That sounds like a baddie move to me, to conform like that. Or do you know Enrique well enough to predict his actions?
I talk to him daily on irc. He may say nothing in irc matter in mafia, but everything he's said sounds too much like his normal train of thought to think otherwise.
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

Oh shit, Correction
I think he's getting shit on so that he'd be persuaded to full out denounce me rather than just voice suspicion like he has been.
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 243
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

bea wrote::eye: JC. Mafia's way better than that other thing you've got going on. :noble:
Ha Ha Ha bea! I just noticed this. We confiscated your husband and had a good time with him! Draft party is at your house next year!
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

S~V~S wrote:It's a total WIFOM argument, it could be read either way, tbh. Made (or his team) shut Llama up to, well, shut him up. OR someone else shut Llama up to make it look like Made shut him up. The way you read it depends totally on how you feel about Made. We could go back and forth about it for hours, but that is the black and white of it.
OR the silencer is a civvie role. Let's not make any assumptions when we don't even know what side he's playing on.
ImageImageImageImage
Made
Hitman

Post by Made »

juliets wrote:
bea wrote::eye: JC. Mafia's way better than that other thing you've got going on. :noble:
Ha Ha Ha bea! I just noticed this. We confiscated your husband and had a good time with him! Draft party is at your house next year!
I swear is everyone here like best friend in real life?? I'm honestly kind of jealous.
Mister Rearranger
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 75

Post by Mister Rearranger »

Enrique wrote:Can I just say I disagree with the argument that I only ever talk about the Made / llama deal BS? I've been around, I've called people out, asked to participate, responded to most discussions in this thread so far. Maybe most of my posts have been in my own defense but I've been talking craploads and definitely ventured outside that bubble. I actually really needed this day break lol.

People that keep bringing up Hedgie... I think it's pretty funny that nobody ever talks about what the case on her is. It's like she's just a buzz name thrown around by people who want to act like they're all over this game. "Oh yeah, definitely looking at Hedgie's posts," "I'm gonna look back on the Hedgie case to see what's going on." But then there's absolutely no content?? What the hell are you guys thinking? What makes Hedgie stand out from the other 20 players that you're even consider her for a vote? Please enlighten me here!

Something something juliets. I don't trust her a lot, and that exchange with LC definitely pinged me some. Too tired to even think of specific points right now, just sharing how it made me feel reading it. It's reallyy late and I almost forgot to Mafia before bed, but here I am, up to speed again. I will go back on this tomorrow before the lynch. I definitely won't vote for her without having made a case before, but eh, I'm not really that deep into this. I've known juliets on IRC for a few years but I'm not sure we'd ever played together before? It's a lot harder to suspect someone when you're not all that familiar with their style. For the most part I've backed off the llama thing because people insist it's civvie llama talking, it's just my gut disagrees. w/e we'll see
I never said ONLY Made/Llama, I believe I mentioned you arbiting between Made/Llama as well as other players in your posts. I did a fairly thorough read back as I had to find the day 1 post that pinged me in the first place. I appreciate your response.

Also fyi, I'm not sure if anyone else can verify, but it seems like Hedgie draws suspicion for something in many games I've played here. After (I think) Super Meat Boy, I now brush it off unless something really stands out to me.

I'd be interested in hearing some more insight on Jules when you're around again. My instinct is still on the low side of the fence about your alignment; but like I said, I appreciate the discussion.
We find comfort among those who agree with us - growth among those who don't.

Hedgeowl
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 91

Post by Hedgeowl »

Mongoose wrote:
S~V~S wrote:
Mongoose wrote:
S~V~S wrote:There are a lot of people here, not sure why they aren't talking :shrug:

Epi~ you say something CAN be gleaned, but don't say what. Willing to share, or watching & waiting?
I read it way more as distancing than protecting.
Read what that way? One of Faradays posts? Which one?

Linki, ah thanks Made, I was confuzzled, long day at work :)
Yeah, sorry. The one where he abruptly mentioned Hedgie. It didn't seem weird at the time, because others were mentioning her too, but in hindsight, I wonder if someone told him to get in here and make a throwaway comment.
While thats totally a legit strategy, its not one i would expect from DF. There were a lot of posts in a row in reaction to one of mine, where at least 4-5 people said i sounded bad. It makes perfect sense for DF to comment on it as a baddie himself, but not cause teammates told him to. If people want to supect me for other reasons, ok, but it makes sense in this context that Df and i are unlikely to be on the same team. Also, considering DF was killed, people suspect MP of being an SK, and a civ ninja would be very unlikely to kill DF as he had no suspicion on him, it seems most likely that it was a 2nd mafia team killing a quieter player who wouldnt draw any attention to the kill.

Still have 8 pages to catch up on....
Turnip Head wrote: We need to lynch Pennsylvania Bitch.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 233
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Hey, last day of this weekend's fair, gonna vote for Juliets now in case I'm too busy later.

Still suspicious of svs, but so many people seem to be saying she's their top Civvie contender, that I'm not going to waste my time pushing that for now.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Made wrote:
juliets wrote:
I swear is everyone here like best friend in real life?? I'm honestly kind of jealous.
I personally know, like have met irl, Bea, her husband BDH, Kate, Roxy & fingersplints. I FEEL like I know Dom, MP, Annie, Lorab, Juliets, Rey, Bass, a few others. I feel like I almost know Epi, Llama (the most awesome arguing partners, kinda like my cousins) and even more.

A lot of the people on this forum are also friends of MP & Daisy from real life that they have brought to Mafia, and friends of Llama & Epi/Eloh.

This is something I love about *us*, I think most of us are friends, or want to be.

That said I still have not seen any reason to move my vote from you :noble: But I do gotta say I love the changeable votes, I think every game i host from now on will have them :D
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer

Post by Hedgeowl »

juliets wrote:
Hedgeowl wrote:Ok, gotta run, so voting SVS for now in case I dont make it back i time.

My feelings currently are that either MP or SVS are possibly a baddie, but probably not both. SVS's super focus on Made earlier in the game, made me suspicious, but then he redirection to Metal I found equally interesting. I would think of her voting for her top suspect. That also might have been to redirect focus from the llama-Enri-Made arguments, but I still thought it was unlike her. It made me think she was reacting to the heat she was getting about her Made suspicions.

Votes SVS
I am trying to understand the suspicion on Hedgie. I went back through her posts and all I saw was objection to her using the word "probably" in the above quote, the feeling being that she was trying to hedge her bets. Is this all that is out there or did I miss a big suspicion on her about something else?
As far as i know this is the post that bothered people because i was "probably" too open- ended in my suspicions.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer

Post by Hedgeowl »

Mongoose wrote:
juliets wrote:

Votes SVS
I am trying to understand the suspicion on Hedgie. I went back through her posts and all I saw was objection to her using the word "probably" in the above quote, the feeling being that she was trying to hedge her bets. Is this all that is out there or did I miss a big suspicion on her about something else?
Personally, I found her seemingly abrupt suspicion of SVS suspicious in of itself.
Abrubt? I declared my list way before voting? :confused:
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

In other news, my sign-ups are now open for Doctor Who! Come on over and check it out!

http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... f=61&t=428

Return to “Previous Jobs”