staypositivefriend
No votes

Total votes: 3
bronana
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 488

Re: PSY 2310 - Cognitive Psychology [DAY 6]

Post by bronana »

outed wolf wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:14 pm shooting zack also makes me look wolfier

really surprised that didnt happen
rub salt in the wound why dont ya
Vulgard wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 3:18 amI've been thinking about Zack lately (no sexual).
outed wolf
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 642

Post by outed wolf »

one of the things i do in turbos as a villager is when it comes to endgame that i like to decide between people who have done the same thing (i.e 2 bussers and 1 counter wagom id want to kill the counter wagon so the f3 is 2 bussers)

part of the reason i want arete dead is that he hard defended wolves and such and it should hopefully be easier when all thats left are people who pushed wolves to try and determine which one is more villagery

i think if arete isnt a wolf we're going to f3 one way or another, and i think either today or tomorrow im gonna throw all my reads out and start from scratch

might also dig up dead villa reads and see what they were most confident in too
outed wolf
Drug Dealer

Post by outed wolf »

keep in mind, the last wolf KNEW we were going to be heading into something like this from the start of day 3

something to think about

obv if arete is the last wolf this is pointless exercise but still
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 600
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

mmmm im convincing myself that spf and arete both look ok from dya spew and want to vote in c4/visor
to the spoiler go the victories:
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
outed wolf
Drug Dealer

Post by outed wolf »

literally ctrl f my posts and search dya good god nutella
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

visor, did you feel like dya was trying to appeal to you a lot?
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

outed wolf wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:30 pm literally ctrl f my posts and search dya good god nutella
lmao i know

i had a brief convo with dizzy about whether your turnaround when dya was finally going down was just real or possibly exaggerated

it was inconclusive
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

i think my thing with your dya stuff is like.... in a way it mirrors my own a lot, in that we were both pushing them pretty hard all game but had moments of doubt

but if you were to graph it, my moments of doubt were more frequent but softer, while yours was a sharp 180 and part of me wonders if that extreme-ness was performative
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
outed wolf
Drug Dealer

Post by outed wolf »

nutella wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:30 pm visor, did you feel like dya was trying to appeal to you a lot?
no. (i mean maybe with a few of their posts but i didnt see them LOL)

i felt like dya p much completely ignored me this game because they knew interacting with me was a terrible idea when i wolfread them
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

outed wolf wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:33 pm
nutella wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:30 pm visor, did you feel like dya was trying to appeal to you a lot?

i felt like dya p much completely ignored me this game because they knew interacting with me was a terrible idea when i wolfread them
hm, interesting

i guess they didn't directly interact with you a ton but tended to put you as town lean in lists and stuff (after null-ing you d1), and maybe the other things i'm thinking about are more indicative of tmi

but they didn't hesitate to snap and argue with me when i was hard pushing them, so why didn't they do the same to you?
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
outed wolf
Drug Dealer

Post by outed wolf »

nutella wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:32 pm i think my thing with your dya stuff is like.... in a way it mirrors my own a lot, in that we were both pushing them pretty hard all game but had moments of doubt

but if you were to graph it, my moments of doubt were more frequent but softer, while yours was a sharp 180 and part of me wonders if that extreme-ness was performative
see this is a reasonable query i think

i can def be performative as a wolf but the question is: did i need to be performative?

what was the purpose of me being performative there. i was already treated as lock clear by everyone in the game. all its done is increased doubt on my slot, and i didnt need that to survive as i could kill you and zack and people arent going to go well obv nl is still alive he has to be a wolf because people also v read both you and zack

frankly, if im a wolf the game is v close to a win if i just ride the dya credit train to glory

and i dont do unncessary shit like that at this stage of the game, i am a clinical wolf, i do the most i can with the smallest amount of effort lol. theres no way i would play it up for no gain. there has to be an endgame to everything i do as a wolf and this has zero purpose given my state in thread. if i was being wolfread at the time, i think you being worried over this would be more fair cause i could do that to try and appeal to absuirdity

but i was lock clear and treated as such so...
outed wolf
Drug Dealer

Post by outed wolf »

nutella wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:36 pm

hm, interesting

i guess they didn't directly interact with you a ton but tended to put you as town lean in lists and stuff (after null-ing you d1), and maybe the other things i'm thinking about are more indicative of tmi

but they didn't hesitate to snap and argue with me when i was hard pushing them, so why didn't they do the same to you?
frankly i think part of it was we just werent in the thread at the same times. i remember interacting with dya maybe twice this game

but wolves treat people differently for a myriad of reasons. maybe she thought she could convince you? not sure it matters.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

outed wolf wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:37 pm
nutella wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:32 pm i think my thing with your dya stuff is like.... in a way it mirrors my own a lot, in that we were both pushing them pretty hard all game but had moments of doubt

see this is a reasonable query i think

i can def be performative as a wolf but the question is: did i need to be performative?

what was the purpose of me being performative there. i was already treated as lock clear by everyone in the game. all its done is increased doubt on my slot, and i didnt need that to survive as i could kill you and zack and people arent going to go well obv nl is still alive he has to be a wolf because people also v read both you and zack

frankly, if im a wolf the game is v close to a win if i just ride the dya credit train to glory

and i dont do unncessary shit like that at this stage of the game, i am a clinical wolf, i do the most i can with the smallest amount of effort lol. theres no way i would play it up for no gain. there has to be an endgame to everything i do as a wolf and this has zero purpose given my state in thread. if i was being wolfread at the time, i think you being worried over this would be more fair cause i could do that to try and appeal to absuirdity

but i was lock clear and treated as such so...
eh, i wouldnt say you were really considered lock clear

and i think my fear is exactly that you did something that you could say was "suboptimal" or whatever when idk if it even was, wifom etc etc

but maybe i should occam it idk

i got distracted during this convo and remembered something else from spf's iso i wanted to bring up lol
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

outed wolf wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:40 pm
nutella wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:36 pm

hm, interesting

frankly i think part of it was we just werent in the thread at the same times. i remember interacting with dya maybe twice this game

but wolves treat people differently for a myriad of reasons. maybe she thought she could convince you? not sure it matters.
yeah, i mean it makes sense that your dynamic with dya in general would be different from mine, it just occurs to me as something that might be notable
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
outed wolf
Drug Dealer

Post by outed wolf »

nutella wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:41 pm eh, i wouldnt say you were really considered lock clear

and i think my fear is exactly that you did something that you could say was "suboptimal" or whatever when idk if it even was, wifom etc etc
to be blunt, i pretty much was

(or at the very least that was my perspective of the gamestate)

at the very least i was considered high tier villager in lists

look nutella, your concern would be valid if i was in the poe. but it is pointless as a widely village read wolf to rock the boat.

i was a wolf with dya recently and had to bus them, but only after ladd browbeat the thread into saying that dya had to be a wolf and i didnt feel great about it lol. i wouldnt push hard against dya unless someone else was going hard on them and i was basically one of the first
outed wolf
Drug Dealer

Post by outed wolf »

its somewhat similar to zack kza

the reason why zack is upset is that he was there first
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Re: PSY 2310 - Cognitive Psychology [DAY 2]

Post by nutella »

so here's spf's progression on hally at eod1 + reaction to their death
staypositivefriend wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 9:09 pm here's a bold and innovative read: i have no idea what hally's alignment is
staypositivefriend wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 9:26 pm
bronana wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 9:14 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 9:09 pm here's a bold and innovative read: i have no idea what hally's alignment is
their "a bunch of lazy townreads, call the lowest hanging of fruits a wolf, a few easy questions" seems like straightforwardly wolfy play

they've had relatively slow starts in the couple games i've been v/v with them, but we've been in the game long enough now and if hally's town i'm just not seeing it yet

there i said it :keys:
that's a reasonable perspective to have - the reason why i'm not there is because hally usually gives us more to work with/read their alignment based off of at this stage in this game, but their activity/general presence in this game is lower than almost any game i've played w/them. i think that they're gaining steam regardless of their alignment and it's when that steam is fully gained that they will actually have clear alignment tells. i'm just kinda "shrug, who knows" about them right now
staypositivefriend wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 2:09 pm
bronana wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 2:07 pm the last game I played with hally a few months ago (actually the last game i played before this one), we were v/v and they tinfoiled me a lot. I assume this is at least partly why they've been somewhat hesitant in voicing their concerns wrt me in this game. It's not unusual for people to express similar sentiments as you have and express a degree of consternation about my alignment.
doesn't your evaluation of hally here imply that you think that hally is a villager? but you were wolfreading hally up until this point, no?
staypositivefriend wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 2:13 pm i would like to get a stronger read on hally if the two of us are both alive tomorrow. i've kinda just waited for them to alignment tell today but i feel like it hasn't really happened yet
staypositivefriend wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 2:19 pm
bronana wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 2:13 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 2:09 pm
bronana wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 2:07 pm the last game I played with hally a few months ago (actually the last game i played before this one), we were v/v and they tinfoiled me a lot. I assume this is at least partly why they've been somewhat hesitant in voicing their concerns wrt me in this game. It's not unusual for people to express similar sentiments as you have and express a degree of consternation about my alignment.
doesn't your evaluation of hally here imply that you think that hally is a villager? but you were wolfreading hally up until this point, no?
is it really necessary for me to clarify "if they are a villager" every time I talk about someone like that? :disappoint:

I wouldn't say I was wolfreading them, though I did have a post or two that probably gave that impression, and I think they've also improved a bit since then.

weak "gotcha" post, 4/10, dubious basis and the open-ended nature of your question gave me too much wiggle room instead of going for my jugular
not really a "gotcha" - all of your posts about hally up until that point implied a strong level of suspicion against hally (if you changed your mind at some point and posted that in the thread, then i missed it), so seeing you talk about hally through a perspective that heavily implies they are a villager raised my eyebrows
staypositivefriend wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 3:10 pm im starting to townread hally but it's for the overly elaborate 4d chess reason that i dont feel like theyre trying to towntell or get people to townread them. they feel somewhat detached from the game and their posts don't feel cloying or focused on how they're getting perceived - gth i would lean on this coming from hally as a villager
staypositivefriend wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 6:39 pm gg hally :( shame that you died before we got a chance to really put our heads together, but im glad i townread you correctly at least :P
wasn't originally gonna include the posts directed at zack in there but figured the exchange could be relevant/may have influenced the kill decision (maybe with an eye to painting zack as having tmi or sth but eh)

but basically i want to talk about whether spf made the kill on hally here

she admits to having trouble reading them for a while but right before eod comes around to village reading them and wanting to work with them the next day

if spf is a wolf, she'd be almost faking setting up a pocket/buddy of hally here and then just killing them, potentially out of fear that hally could catch her later on? hally/spf have a very particular dynamic where both of them has managed to successfully pocket/fool the other as wolf before, but theres a lot of potential layers to this and spf could think hally will be paying particular attention to her bc of past experiences, or to subvert expectations in some way

the subverting expectations is kinda what i'm reading into the last couple posts here including the sod2 post, bc spf was kinda playing up that she wanted to interact with hally and that it's a shame they died right as she was starting to come around on them being town

idk it might be nothing but it's something that struck me as i was going through the iso

also this may all be irrelevant if the wolf team simply had a pr read on hally, and/or it was a dya decision because of their dynamic which is very much a thing as well
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
outed wolf
Drug Dealer

Post by outed wolf »

talk about this grasslands game a bit

i skimmed a bit of it a while ago but what happened
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

also that second to last quote does kinda sound like a pr read if you ask me lmao
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

outed wolf wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:53 pm talk about this grasslands game a bit

i skimmed a bit of it a while ago but what happened
i dunked on wolves :charlieblackmon:

basically spf hard bussed both of her teammates (sloonei and long con) because i caught/pushed them into oblivion, she went pretty deep but i shot her in f3 (game had a unique elimination mechanic where some stuff happened in private chats and people were voted for to have the gun or something)
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
outed wolf
Drug Dealer

Post by outed wolf »

so what do you think are the similarities and differences from that game to this game in terms of how she treated her wolfbros
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

outed wolf wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:58 pm so what do you think are the similarities and differences from that game to this game in terms of how she treated her wolfbros
i mean i honestly dont remember a ton of details, but i think when the tide turned against her teammates she made sure she was well-positioned, and post-flip she put in a lot of work to look motivated and solvey (eg jay-style interaction/spew analysis)

i think if she's a wolf here her treatment of dya would be comparable, because dya was a major suspect for most of the game and she effectively blended in with pressure there but i would still say you and i were dya's main pushers -- i haven't really checked exact timings, but i think it's very possible she caught on to a whiff in the air that dya was going to be caught soon enough and she wanted to be on the right side there
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

ngl on the one hand i appreciate that you ask me things to help me flesh out my thoughts, but on the other hand it's kinda exactly like when i was talking through my tangy issues yesterday and you kept encouraging me to dig deeper and it resulted in me confbiasing myself further and it ended up wrong...
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
outed wolf
Drug Dealer

Post by outed wolf »

how is that my fault :P

if anything i shouldve pushed harder myseld to kill arete yday
staypositivefriend
Hitman
Posts in topic: 531
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by staypositivefriend »

staypositivefriend wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 1:13 am
outed wolf wrote: Wed May 26, 2021 12:32 am what do you think of dya spf, specifically (not like you agree with arguments others make, whats your interpretation.thoughts on their posts)
i feel like dyachei came into this game with pre-packaged stances, and has spent the entirety of today reiterating them. their reads are reasonable and they come from a perspective that is logical for a villager to have - i just feel like something is missing wrt their reads developing and changing in a fluid way. dyachei's strongest townread is on tangygrowth, a read that was initially just described as tangy being "pure", and read that was later expanded upon to include the reasoning of: "her wallpost contained a lot of detail that wolves wouldn't think to write"

and like, yes, i agree that tangy is towny, but i don't feel like dyachei went on a ~journey~ to figure tangy out. i don't feel like dyachei went on a ~journey~ to figure alison out. their reads just kind of pop into existence, and i can't find any "turning points" in their ISO for when a read might have developed more strongly or more confidently. the surface level stuff is there, and it definitely looks good, but i just don't feel like the internal thought processes that villagers tend to have are reflected in dyachei's reads so far. they feel much more point A to point B to me

i've been struggling w/my read on dyachei because i greatly dislike the idea of pushing on them when theyre a villager, and i mindmelded with them earlier about c4 being villagery, but i've been getting pinged by them for a little while now
staypositivefriend wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 9:23 pm
dyachei wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 9:15 pm like why would my read on alison change because what I thought yesterday actually happened spf
well, if you're a villager, then it's logical that your read on alison would stay the same coming into today. the issue isn't that your read on alison is staying the same - it's just that i don't get the sense that your reads are evolving in Real Time - it's making me wonder if you're a wolf that's sticking to the same couple of reads because it's a lot more difficult to fake genuine solving as a wolf in a playerlist like this. i also feel that some of your points about alison are questionable (like the point about alison knowing that you were calling gavial anti-town - why do you assume that alison was informed by her partners that you called gavial that, instead of assuming that alison was just catching up with the thread in an unusual manner? it seems to me like you're interpreting that action through the lens of alison already being a wolf, instead of evaluating it neutrally)
staypositivefriend wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 2:40 am
sunbae wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 2:30 am SPF,

I posted a tiered breakdown of where my head is at. Let's talk about my "hopefully 0 wolf" tier: Outed Wolf, Arete, and Dya. I have spent posts on each of the three today explaining exactly why I think their approach or specific interactions was significantly more likely to come from town than wolf. Do you have any specific issues with those reasons?

I have grouped a poe together which I'm hoping contains at least two wolves: Chloe, Dsyl, Nutella, Marl, and Alison. I have spent many posts going back and forth on both Marl and Alison this game. Once I decided Dya was a villager I moved Alison down because I trust Dya to be right on these types of reads. I talked about Marl quite a bit - including my experience with them and how this differs - which was understood by Marl and explained as just being in a different part of their cycle. I also pointed out specifically the posts of Nutella that gave me large amounts of concern - which Nutella also said was understandable from my point of view and has no problems with it. Why do you have an issue with my take on the game state if the people I am suspicious of understand that suspicion from my pov?

As for my KZA comment, I didn't ask to be cleared off of it. I just rolled in and said "hey based on bringing up KZA in response to another wagon we could go to do I have the ability to just chill for most of the day without yall getting paranoid on me". The answer it seems, is no unfortunately. That's the game though, it's fine.

I am well aware my reads list is different from everyone elses. I feel pretty good about it though? I might not have it 100% locked down but I think It's a good starting point.
honestly? i do have some mild concern/confusion about your reasoning for townreading dya. you state on reason number one of this post: https://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewt ... 08#p801608 that dyachei would never make this post: https://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewt ... 91#p799591, but i don't really understand why. there is nothing about that post that moves me in either direction and i'm curious why you think that specific post is out of dyachei's wolfrange

i dont really agree that the second point is clearing for dyachei either - it feels like the argument can be summed up as: "dyachei's suspicion on alison grew incrementally as d1 went on, and it reflects the way that dyachei pushes on people as a villager", and that's true, i guess, but why is it impossible for dyachei to have a progression like that as a wolf? you can argue that dyachei's progression on alison was fluid/incremental enough to be villager indicative, but i struggle to understand how you come out with the result of: "i am confident that dyachei is town" based on that

if you've explained why you feel these posts are villager indicative beyond the post i just linked, then mb, but that seems to be your main reasoning for townreading dyachei, yeah?

i'm not saying that dyachei can't be a villager - your conviction actually makes me more doubtful of my own read on them and has been a factor in my decision to cast a wide net w/my solving today in the case that i've been misreading them, but i just don't really understand the train of thought in your reasoning for tr'ing them

i do actually kinda townread this response from you but i dont know if i know why. there's a sharpness to the tone here that just feels villagery i guess
staypositivefriend wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 3:17 am @sunbae -

you are definitely right that i feel good about you in the moment whenever we interact and then circle back around to feeling paranoid about you again a couple of hours later - i think it's because most of the reasons that i have to townread you are based on a feeling, you know? like, it's hard for me to use the logic of: "sunbae feels really genuine and really passionate" as a foundation for any of my reads, especially when you presumably have a reputation for being an amazing wolf, but i DO feel that you're villagery in the moment. i feel it right now

wrt to dya's post toward gavial, i disagree in the sense that as you pointed out, dyachei was clearly irritated at that stage of the game because of them being told how to play. i can only speak for myself, but if i'm in a bad/grumpy mood and i'm feeling really irritated, then there's a chance that i'm gonna lash out at whoever says something that rubs me the wrong way regardless of my own alignment. anger and irritation can come out in indiscriminate ways regardless of alignment, and i just disagree with you on a fundamental level that it's possible to get alignment indicative information out of irritation like that

i'm not there with you on dyachei's progression on alison being town indicative for them, but i'll make a note to take another look at it to see if i can see what you're seeing. like i said, i'm open to considering worlds where dyachei is a villager, i suppose i just haven't seen anything that has pushed me to that place

the most villagery thing about nutella, meta aside, is the way that she zeroed in on kza from the very beginning of the game, and the way that kza tried to play around her. nutella had lots of experience w/kza and immediately noticed that something was "off", and kza effectively ignored her concerns while just lazily brushing off nutella as a villager. nutella continued to dig in her heels throughout the day with her wolfread on kza, and i think the way that she consistently brought attention to it and brought it up before p much anyone else did deserves some level of towncred. i can see your concern about her posts at the EOD but i feel about equally as confident that nutella is a villager that you do that dyachei is a villager

there's more that i want to say but my brain is so tired and i need to call it a night
staypositivefriend wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 4:31 pm
Arete wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 4:07 pm
nutella wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 3:14 pm
dyachei wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 12:32 pm
Vulgard wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 12:31 pm I call Alison a villager, then she re-enters the thread and does this.
yeah alison isn't a villager
like this doesn't ever come from a wolf pushing town does it

lol me

i probably owe you numerous apologies dya
oh right also I forgot to say this earlier but this is like

the easiest thing ever to fake

like I don't even have a strong wolfgame but I am capable of confidently stating a villager is a wolf as scum

if this is out of Dya's wolfrange then sure, I'll listen, but I would find it surprising on priors if it were

yeah uh....i was really baffled by that post from nutella too. the post that dyachei made there is 100% within the wolfrange of anyone who has played more than one game of mafia, even completely independent of my read on dyachei. if alison is a wolf then i get it more, i guess
staypositivefriend wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 6:07 pm that makes two days in a row where I ended the day with dyachei as one of my strongest suspects, only to not feel confident to push the momentum in the direction of their chop

im done with that. i want dya gone today and if they're a villager then I take responsibility for it
staypositivefriend wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 10:45 pm i take no issue w/dya being inactive and i trust that they are genuinely busy regardless of their alignment. i feel that their opening posts today are wolfy because they lack the perspective of a villager that just incorrectly tunneled on another villager for 2 days straight - it felt to me like they were more interested in figuring out who to set their sights on next instead of re-evaluating the game as a whole and figuring out where to go from there. there is a lack of general consideration and a lack of holistic thinking in dyachei's posts that make me feel like they're a wolf above all else. of course, i am open to changing my mind if they start towntelling, but as things stand, i think that they're just a wolf

i have some other stuff to say, but it can wait. i probably won't be posting for the rest of the night but feel free to @ me if needed
staypositivefriend wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 5:29 am cool

i wanna chop dyachei and go from there
^^this is not how i talk about my partner in any world
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

i still just..... dont think its arete

i think their treatment of dya wasn't teammatey, i think they genuinely hoped syn would end it, i think they made a good solve with good insights on things that look villagery for you/zack/etc, plus marl's legacy is that theyre town

maybe you're right and you can lolnutella postgame but neither i nor dizzy felt like going there today
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
staypositivefriend
Hitman

the narrative that i wasnt a "main pusher" of dyachei when i was one of the very first people to call them out and when i argued RELENTESSLY against other people townreading them is just absolutely ridiculous, honestly
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

staypositivefriend wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:11 pm ^this is not how i talk about my partner in any world
cool, thanks

a lot of your takes in those posts are very similar to ones i had (their stances not being fluid, etc)
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

[VOTE: c4] aubergine

let's try this
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
staypositivefriend
Hitman

the thing that concerns me the most about the arete/dya stuff is that arete didn't really mention dya much at all until they became the center of conversation, and i don't really see a clear thought process for how arete's read on dya shifted as the game went on

arete voted for dya on https://mafiathesyndicate.com/viewtopic ... 03#p803603, but all of arete's thoughts about dya up until that point were: "null/no stance". i don't understand why arete felt inclined to vote someone that they presumably didn't scumread just to get them to answer a question faster - that doesn't really feel like arete's style as a villager from what i've observed from them

i have a similar issue w/this post https://mafiathesyndicate.com/viewtopic ... 07#p803607 - arete says that amy being tracker doesn't influence their read on dya even though their read on dya was totally non-existent up until this point. if this post is implying that arete was wolfreading dya, then where did the wolfread on dya come from? they seemed perfectly neutral about them in every post leading up to this point

https://mafiathesyndicate.com/viewtopic ... 24#p804124 - this post from dya's side of things is really weird too - dya accuses arete of "trying to find reasons to keep them as a wolf", but arete literally did not explicitly wolfread dyachei at any point. their vote on them wasn't even a wolfread, presumably. so why does dya react like that?

arete's progression on dya gets even more confusing when they state a reason to townread dya on https://mafiathesyndicate.com/viewtopic ... 68#p804868, and then ends up voting them again on https://mafiathesyndicate.com/viewtopic ... 48#p809148 because of their read on vulgard being wolfy "in hindsight"

i dont really feel like arete authentically tried to figure out dyachei's alignment from an uninformed perspective at any point in this game - their wolfread on dya appeared and disappeared out of nowhere, and their overall read on dya seemed to fluctuate with the thread consensus

im still exploring and thinking things over, but i wanted to get these concerns out of the way now
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

@c4e5g3d5 i was just looking into your d1 iso a bit and something i'm confused about is your progression (i know, i know) on spf

you open with wolfreading her, start to explain that she's one of the easiest players for you to read, and then you stop mentioning her for a while and in fact have a long string of posts with the gradually built up initials reads lists that dont include her at all even though shes apparently easy for you to read? and eventually you post a full length reads lists and she's in the middle section of it. and then yet later you pop in and declare that she's town

i also remember when dya asked you to elaborate on this and you refused. was that theater?
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
staypositivefriend
Hitman

mm if i want to be charitable then i guess that https://mafiathesyndicate.com/viewtopic ... 01#p803401 from arete effectively acts as The Moment that arete becomes suspicious of dyachei (refers to dya's case on c4 as "agenda-y)
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

staypositivefriend wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:22 pm the thing that concerns me the most about the arete/dya stuff is that arete didn't really mention dya much at all until they became the center of conversation, and i don't really see a clear thought process for how arete's read on dya shifted as the game went on

arete voted for dya on https://mafiathesyndicate.com/viewtopic ... 03#p803603, but all of arete's thoughts about dya up until that point were: "null/no stance". i don't understand why arete felt inclined to vote someone that they presumably didn't scumread just to get them to answer a question faster - that doesn't really feel like arete's style as a villager from what i've observed from them

i have a similar issue w/this post https://mafiathesyndicate.com/viewtopic ... 07#p803607 - arete says that amy being tracker doesn't influence their read on dya even though their read on dya was totally non-existent up until this point. if this post is implying that arete was wolfreading dya, then where did the wolfread on dya come from? they seemed perfectly neutral about them in every post leading up to this point

https://mafiathesyndicate.com/viewtopic ... 24#p804124 - this post from dya's side of things is really weird too - dya accuses arete of "trying to find reasons to keep them as a wolf", but arete literally did not explicitly wolfread dyachei at any point. their vote on them wasn't even a wolfread, presumably. so why does dya react like that?

arete's progression on dya gets even more confusing when they state a reason to townread dya on https://mafiathesyndicate.com/viewtopic ... 68#p804868, and then ends up voting them again on https://mafiathesyndicate.com/viewtopic ... 48#p809148 because of their read on vulgard being wolfy "in hindsight"

i dont really feel like arete authentically tried to figure out dyachei's alignment from an uninformed perspective at any point in this game - their wolfread on dya appeared and disappeared out of nowhere, and their overall read on dya seemed to fluctuate with the thread consensus

im still exploring and thinking things over, but i wanted to get these concerns out of the way now
hmm i had been looking at your summary of dya interactions from earlier and thought i saw some good pokes from arete in there
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Re: PSY 2310 - Cognitive Psychology [DAY 2]

Post by nutella »

Arete wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 8:17 pm the wording things Dizzy just pointed out are NAI at worst

like I am not Vulgard and he can correct me if I'm wrong but the thing about Dya repping a scumread is just ... him not endorsing the position that Dya believes it, rather than him endorsing the position that Dya doesn't believe it

and the defensive attitude post is like 'Dya has a defensive attitude [which would normally be wolfy] but they've done it before as town, so it could be NAI,' it has an implicitly encoded assumption that a defensive attitude is wolfy rather than an implicit assumption that Dya is a wolf
heh, this is not good

@Dyslexicon :omg:
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
staypositivefriend
Hitman

outed wolf's progression on dya was far better than i remembered. i was concerned about outed wolf coming into today because i most closely associate him with playing a big role in centering the conversation around alison/amy/dya while never directly gunning for dyachei between those three. but looking further, visor zero'd in on dya almost immediately and brought their name up as a potential wolf within pages of the game starting. i can see visor realistically hardbussing as a wolf, but if he was going to, i'm not sure it's a push that he would make so early and so aggressively. i take minor issue with the fact that he never really tried (from what i can tell) to convince other people that dya was a wolf, and his confidence in general has felt out of character to me, but i do think that outed wolf's interactions w/dya point to them being less likely teamed than not
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Re: PSY 2310 - Cognitive Psychology [DAY 3]

Post by nutella »

Arete wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 7:58 pm (someone please tell me if I'm misreading this and Dya secretly loves posting cat pictures as town but this feels like it has a lot of Arete-lolcatting-in-FoL-28 energy)

I guess Vul is the only one who actually knows what that means but

yeah
Arete wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 8:14 pm Dya choosing now to lolcat makes me vaguely scared that they're trying to save wolf!Vulgard but I really really don't want to believe that's true
Arete wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 8:17 pm
dyachei wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 8:15 pm
Arete wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 8:14 pm Dya choosing now to lolcat makes me vaguely scared that they're trying to save wolf!Vulgard but I really really don't want to believe that's true
im not lolcatting though
okay

do you have, like, new reads, or anything else that might indicate that you are in fact a villager, and not a wolf who is giving up

who do you want to kill today
Arete wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 8:19 pm
Syn wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 8:17 pm why would dya be giving up even if vulgard is a wolf and they're partners
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I was trying to figure out earlier if they were posting cat pictures as a brief break or something or if they were actually just a given up wolf but the fact that they've kept doing it makes me think the latter
Arete wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 8:38 pm the benefit to a Dya/Vul/X wolfteam of having Dya openwolf here is that if Dya gets voted out Vul would 100 percent be able to kill Sunbae, since the jailkeeper can't target consecutively.

but that requires that Vul be a wolf and I don't want to believe that.
Arete wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 10:38 pm
dyachei wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 8:42 pm
Arete wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 8:38 pm the benefit to a Dya/Vul/X wolfteam of having Dya openwolf here is that if Dya gets voted out Vul would 100 percent be able to kill Sunbae, since the jailkeeper can't target consecutively.

but that requires that Vul be a wolf and I don't want to believe that.
im not openwolfing though. or wolfing at all

tell me, what benefit do you see to the rest of the day without knowing vulgard's flip?

and if you think the way you do, why are you voting me? isn't that what I supposedly want?
me: 'Dya is posting cat pics. are they lolcatting?'

me: 'ok they said they weren't lolcatting but they also kept it up, I think they're lolcatting and just messing with me'

me: 'sweet, free wolf, I'm going to vote them'

me: 'why are they lolcatting though??? it doesn't make sense???? like a villager is already dying, if they want to lolcat they might as well do it tomorrow'

me: 'oh no. if Vul is scum then it actually makes sense. aa.'
is this w/w or not

no thoughts head empty
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
staypositivefriend
Hitman

also, visor shifting his read on dya at the end of d4 was truly absurd, but why does he even bother doing that as a wolf? it's not like his paranoia would have gotten anyone to change their mind about dya, and it's not like he was somehow shy or reluctant to push dya at any other point. if outed wolf spends the entirety of this game pushing on dya and distancing from them, why suddenly collapse right when dya is about to die and they can reap the towncred from it? the only real answer is "wifom", and i dont get why visor would go out of his way to WIFOM like that
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Re: PSY 2310 - Cognitive Psychology [DAY 1]

Post by nutella »

Arete wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 4:11 am
Vulgard wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 4:09 am
Arete wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 3:38 am
Vulgard wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 3:36 am
Arete wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 3:33 am
Vulgard wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 4:38 am c4, dya and KZA are in the "no impressions made" club and I would like them to play the game. I do not townread c4 for a carefully voiced scumread (?) on SPF. That's in any average wolf's wolfrange and I think SPF is too quick to clear them regardless of alignment.

dya and KZA just haven't talked about the game much yet. Dya got offended based on a single accusation if I read that correctly, and KZA 5-posted and dipped.
since I feel like no one actually reads my wallposts I'm just going to highlight this post as super important if Vul flips wolf (which, to be clear, I still don't think he will! just. acknowledging the possibility.)

like I feel like I've seen a lot of ambient 'the team is probably just Vul/c4/Dya' floating around and ... no, that's not a thing.
meow
uh

what does this post mean
I'm katze

katze in what way
oh my god this exchange about the c4 post oh god
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
staypositivefriend
Hitman

nutella wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:26 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:22 pm the thing that concerns me the most about the arete/dya stuff is that arete didn't really mention dya much at all until they became the center of conversation, and i don't really see a clear thought process for how arete's read on dya shifted as the game went on

there were some moments where dya interrogated/question dya that i kinda liked, but i also don't feel like it's outside of the range of any decent wolf. my main reluctance about arete is that they have just felt really really villagery on a tonal level even though i have nothing to substantiate that with on a logical level (which is exactly how i felt about vulgard lol)

hmm i had been looking at your summary of dya interactions from earlier and thought i saw some good pokes from arete in there
staypositivefriend
Hitman

i totally messed that post up lol
outed wolf
Drug Dealer

Post by outed wolf »

staypositivefriend wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:31 pm outed wolf's progression on dya was far better than i remembered. i was concerned about outed wolf coming into today because i most closely associate him with playing a big role in centering the conversation around alison/amy/dya while never directly gunning for dyachei between those three. but looking further, visor zero'd in on dya almost immediately and brought their name up as a potential wolf within pages of the game starting. i can see visor realistically hardbussing as a wolf, but if he was going to, i'm not sure it's a push that he would make so early and so aggressively. i take minor issue with the fact that he never really tried (from what i can tell) to convince other people that dya was a wolf, and his confidence in general has felt out of character to me, but i do think that outed wolf's interactions w/dya point to them being less likely teamed than not
thx now i have a higher chance of being nked
Arete
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 313
Preferred Pronouns: They/them/theirs/themself

Post by Arete »

this is totally a thing I've done as village in the past

...I tried to go find examples for you but unfortunately FoL search sucks

(also the specific thing I was questioning them about was something that I found potentially wolfy pending their answer)
staypositivefriend wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:22 pm i have a similar issue w/this post https://mafiathesyndicate.com/viewtopic ... 07#p803607 - arete says that amy being tracker doesn't influence their read on dya even though their read on dya was totally non-existent up until this point. if this post is implying that arete was wolfreading dya, then where did the wolfread on dya come from? they seemed perfectly neutral about them in every post leading up to this point

I had Dya as 'vaguely PoE so >rand to be scum' which I expressed here: https://mafiathesyndicate.com/viewtopic ... 49#p802049

it wasn't a confident scumread or anything

I don't know why Dya reacted like that, I'm not Dya
staypositivefriend wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:22 pm
the first post was before Vulgard was redchecked, the second was after they were redchecked, also all the reasons I gave in the second post for voting them were things that happened after I wrote the first post. shockingly, sometimes when things happen in the game, it affects my reads, particularly when 'things' is 'someone I had thought was a villager flips scum,' idk why that wouldn't make sense

weh

I'm not a fan of this post from SPF because I feel like a lot of the things they're shading me for have really obvious explanations but I might be biased because it's about me
outed wolf
Drug Dealer

Post by outed wolf »

who is the wolf arete?

ordered list?
Arete
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Arete »

not the wolf

Nutella
Outed Wolf
Dizzy
c4
Bronana
SPF

the wolf

c4's been falling off for me a bit since my initial analysis yesterday because they're not doing much and maybe Vul decided to WifoM call out three of his partners for no reason????

SPF is my top suspect but I'm not confident in it
outed wolf
Drug Dealer

Post by outed wolf »

imnot super convicned its spf

walk me through it
outed wolf
Drug Dealer

Post by outed wolf »

[VOTE: dyslexicon] aubergine

yeehaw
Arete
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Arete »

outed wolf wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 3:10 am imnot super convicned its spf

walk me through it
I have good reasons to townread everyone else and I only have decent reasons to townread her

also I didn't like how she was like 'Arete had no progression from this post where they villageleaned Dya to this post where they said they were a wolf by association with Vul! I don't understand how they could get there' when the first post happened before the redcheck on Vul and the second post happened after he died and flipped scum, and the second post explicitly cited Vul associations as a reason for the read. she could have just had a derp moment though.
outed wolf
Drug Dealer

Post by outed wolf »

arete i dont think its hyperbole to say your solvingness has basically tanked since vulgard died

you wanna talk about that?
outed wolf
Drug Dealer

Post by outed wolf »

[VOTE: arete] aubergine
Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 481

Post by Dyslexicon »

c4e5g3d5 wrote: Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:02 pm I don't see where to go other than [VOTE: Dyslexicon] aubergine
This will probably start another messy argument that I really shouldn't be starting rn
Not really. But if you have questions, I can try to answer.
I don't know if it helps, but I can point out that those who have had suspicion against me are the exact players who have not played with me before, and those who aren't worried are the ones who know me. This has happened in many games already. So let me know what you're struggling with still, if you care to do so.

Return to “Previous Rackets”