50%

Total votes: 6
Luckbox Inc
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 308

Re: Lasagna Mafia [DAY 1]

Post by Luckbox Inc »

Esooa wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:46 pm luckbox why are you trying so hard
I feel like this is normal D1 effort for me-- and D1 is also my favorite day.
Esooa
Made Man
Posts in topic: 362
Preferred Pronouns: She/her

Re: NO Lasagna you LIARS, give me my lasagna flavor [DAY 1]

Post by Esooa »

ejjinami wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:52 pm
Hyena wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:50 pm
ejjinami wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:46 pm
Hyena wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:39 pm Ahoy, I'm the cop.

N0-Creature
[VOTE: hyena] aubergine

liar
your check is fake
sheep me, the real cop, and vote the closest mammal to a wolf here

as per rule, I’ll reveal my N0 check a bit later btw.
Hyenas are more closely related to cats, not wolves. :P
there are no dogs in the game tho so the point still stands :P
Luckbox Inc wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:51 pm
Kami wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 6:47 pm
Why would you be able to read esooa the best out of all of us lmao
well you know I can't read you. Creature I've only played a couple games with and I don't have a baseline for him, and I've just seen esooa's village and wolf game and feel like I've got a good baseline there.
Also Deli is a bit tough to read as they're a master of tone.
is deli good at faking their tone?
I disliked this question about deli too. It's already answered in the posts quoted so it looks like fake contributing
Spoiler: show
I’ll come clean team. I have failed you.
I never expected to survive the night. I was very confused about the char flip and I was on my way to a very hot date. We stayed overnight to celebrate my girl bday and vday weekend. Last thing in my mind was the game... I never submitted an action last night. :doh:
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

Hyena wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:50 pm
Esooa wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:49 pm
Hyena wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:48 pm
Esooa wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:48 pm
Hyena wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:44 pm Nanook seems present but not engaged with the thread much.
why point this out?
Why not?
Doesn't seem relevant to much
And Luckbox tryharding is relevant, or rather moreso? o:
I asked a question because I hope to get something out of it. You made a statement about something easily observable in thread with no additions
I never expected to survive the night. I was very confused about the char flip and I was on my way to a very hot date. We stayed overnight to celebrate my girl bday and vday weekend. Last thing in my mind was the game... I never submitted an action last night. :doh:
Hyena
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 115
Preferred Pronouns: Any pronouns work!

Post by Hyena »

Luckbox Inc wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:50 pm
D1 is my favorite day, too. :D
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

Luckbox Inc wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:50 pm
maybe my memory is wrong but I don't remember you doing as much to push the game forward exactly SoD1 before is what I meant. But okay
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

Esooa wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:51 pm
Hyena wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:50 pm
Esooa wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:49 pm
Hyena wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:48 pm
Hyena wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:44 pm Nanook seems present but not engaged with the thread much.
why point this out?
Why not?
Doesn't seem relevant to much
And Luckbox tryharding is relevant, or rather moreso? o:
I asked a question because I hope to get something out of it. You made a statement about something easily observable in thread with no additions
Why didn't anyone else say something about it? Why did you react to my post about it over other stuff that's been posted in the thread?
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

I don't care about answering your question really tbh. You made a statement and didn't call it scummy or anything else and it was weird and now you're acting weird and me pointing that out
falcon45ca
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 22

Post by falcon45ca »

What happened to shit posting? Y'all firing on 6 cylinders
we can't stop here...this is bat country!
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
Hyena
Loan Shark

Post by Hyena »

Esooa wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:54 pm I don't care about answering your question really tbh. You made a statement and didn't call it scummy or anything else and it was weird and now you're acting weird and me pointing that out
I wanted to see if anybody would assume that I was calling it scummy and call it scummy themself. :P
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

I'm aligned with town, blah blah blah.

Been watching a lot of Sopranos lately, so between this game and that show Imma prolly gain 5lbs this week
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
Luckbox Inc
Drug Dealer

Post by Luckbox Inc »

falcon45ca wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:55 pm What happened to shit posting? Y'all firing on 6 cylinders
Could be a wolf mad that the village is trying
Creature
Made Man
Posts in topic: 147

Post by Creature »

I think my strategy for this setup would be:

1. Hypoclaims are only done at the end of the day. Until then, everyone, including the cop, tries to sort every player as they usually would.
2. On D1, everybody claims If I am the cop, I peeked X green
3. On D2+, everybody claims If I am the cop, I either peeked X green or peeked Y red
4. If the cop dies, we always lynch Y
4.1. If Y flips town, we assume X was peeked green
4.2. If Y flips mafia, we assume Y was indeed the peek (even if they actually weren't) and ignore the X peek
5. Cop can hold off a red peek for one night, but must out it immediately the day after. So if the cop actually peeked Y red N1, they can do rule 3 and hide for the remainder of day 2. If they survive N2, D3 they must immediately out as cop and reveal they peeked Y red alongside their N2 peek. This is kind of interesting, because cop won't necessarily be forced to out immediately if they get a red peek and they might live to get another result. There would be no chance of wolves killing the cop N2 and their red peek getting away as long as town follows rule 4.
6. As a result, we can assume that if the cop didn't do rule 5 the day after the night after, the hypo red peek is false. As such, if cop didn't out D3 and ends up dying N3 then town doesn't need to follow with rule 4 on the D2 hypo, instead they just assume X was peeked green.

Obviously, rule 3 and forward are complex strategies and maybe I should start a new topic after the game. Perhaps we should at most follow rules 1 and 2 this game.
falcon45ca

Post by falcon45ca »

Luckbox Inc wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:58 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:55 pm What happened to shit posting? Y'all firing on 6 cylinders
Could be a wolf mad that the village is trying
Holy shit you caught me
Luckbox Inc
Drug Dealer

Post by Luckbox Inc »

why point this out?
So yeah I don't get this post from you esooa-- why not point it out?
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Creature wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:59 pm I think my strategy for this setup would be:

1. Hypoclaims are only done at the end of the day. Until then, everyone, including the cop, tries to sort every player as they usually would.
2. On D1, everybody claims If I am the cop, I peeked X green
3. On D2+, everybody claims If I am the cop, I either peeked X green or peeked Y red
4. If the cop dies, we always lynch Y
4.1. If Y flips town, we assume X was peeked green
4.2. If Y flips mafia, we assume Y was indeed the peek (even if they actually weren't) and ignore the X peek
5. Cop can hold off a red peek for one night, but must out it immediately the day after. So if the cop actually peeked Y red N1, they can do rule 3 and hide for the remainder of day 2. If they survive N2, D3 they must immediately out as cop and reveal they peeked Y red alongside their N2 peek. This is kind of interesting, because cop won't necessarily be forced to out immediately if they get a red peek and they might live to get another result. There would be no chance of wolves killing the cop N2 and their red peek getting away as long as town follows rule 4.
6. As a result, we can assume that if the cop didn't do rule 5 the day after the night after, the hypo red peek is false. As such, if cop didn't out D3 and ends up dying N3 then town doesn't need to follow with rule 4 on the D2 hypo, instead they just assume X was peeked green.

Obviously, rule 3 and forward are complex strategies and maybe I should start a new topic after the game. Perhaps we should at most follow rules 1 and 2 this game.
I would probably add:

7. Cop always outs D4 if they're somehow still alive
Alison
Posts in topic: 85
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Alison »

The one post Kami made before dipping was fixating on something perfectly ordinary and misrepping it. That is why I am voting them.
There's nothing that says a fake can't surpass the real thing.
Alison

Post by Alison »

I think cop should out red checks immediately the day phase after they receive it.
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

Luckbox Inc wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 8:00 pm
why point this out?
because I'm wondering why they care to mention it but don't call it scummy. Because of it's not scummy there's no reason to say it, if it is then why not include that
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

Alison wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 8:04 pm I think cop should out red checks immediately the day phase after they receive it.
nah
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

oh, okay yeah I agree with Alison I thought she meant out it SoD
Kami
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 49

Post by Kami »

Alison wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 8:03 pm The one post Kami made before dipping was fixating on something perfectly ordinary and misrepping it. That is why I am voting them.
You have no context how would you know its perfectly ordinary and misrepping
ejjinami
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 224
Preferred Pronouns: doesn’t matter
Aka: ejj

Post by ejjinami »

if you want to vote him, I’m willing to sheep
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:46 pm
Yeah man I'm trying not to get nked
honestly, eww
This feels like the sort of snarky response one would give if they want to look townie but can’t think of a real, genuine answer
Esooa wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:50 pm]
I disliked this question about deli too. It's already answered in the posts quoted so it looks like fake contributing
just vote me then lol
meow
Luckbox Inc
Drug Dealer

Post by Luckbox Inc »

Esooa wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 8:05 pm
why point this out?
because I'm wondering why they care to mention it but don't call it scummy. Because of it's not scummy there's no reason to say it, if it is then why not include that
I would assume that that post is calling them scummy.
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

I don't really care about this discussion and probably won't participate further but since we're having it this is what I wrote

"how to leave peeks

when you leave peeks I ask you make them obvious (n0 Esooa green for example). Leave your peeks starting about half way through the day. You want them to be correct so you aren't ruled out as the seer--do this by waiting so you can get town reads. When you begin outing your check, timing matters. Try to make it so your peek doesn't look like it came just from a town read; it's a peek (and at the same time the cop should be trying to make it look somewhat like there's did to account for this, though obv you can do what you think is best regarding how to handle it)

Half your role as town this game will be to convince mafia you are the cop. Keep that in mind when interacting with your checks, deciding who to fake peek, etc. In order to limit mafias knowledge, it's probably best to try not to push someone who is green checked by another person (the reactions of the person with the check will give insight into their role).

Sometimes VT will question if their check is scum but usually seer never does this. I believe this will happen more this game because of what I think is peoples inexperience with the setup. That is why I want checks to be obvious, so that the seer can more easily do the same (scum read/question their checks) while still we will know their checks if they die.

as the seer you should probably go for town checks. You want your checks to live as long as possible, and checking a poe person you believe to be a wolf will most likely result in them just dying and you have a dead check.

Always out before lylo so it is harder to be cc'd

do not be afraid to check people you have as reasonably town if you believe they will live. The game will literally be locked if you have enough alive checks and it removes paranoia that can happen. If you think the person is going to live and you will live long enough to lock/closely lock the game, go for it."
Kami
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Kami »

well you know I can't read you. Creature I've only played a couple games with and I don't have a baseline for him, and I've just seen esooa's village and wolf game and feel like I've got a good baseline there.
You've played like 20 games with me and 2 with esooa you're lying if you think you can meta read them what so ever js
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

Luckbox Inc wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 8:07 pm
Esooa wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 8:05 pm
why point this out?
I would assume that that post is calling them scummy.
evidently based on their response they actually weren't so there's that
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

[VOTE: ejjinami] aubergine
Luckbox Inc
Drug Dealer

Post by Luckbox Inc »

Kami wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 8:08 pm
You've played like 20 games with me and 2 with esooa you're lying if you think you can meta read them what so ever js
Well I'm definitely not lying. I also don't think that you're unreadable by any stretch-- just that your style is a lot more inscrutable for me.
Kami
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Kami »

nannook v
Kami
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Kami »

Luckbox Inc wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 8:15 pm
Well I'm definitely not lying. I also don't think that you're unreadable by any stretch-- just that your style is a lot more inscrutable for me.
Naw you are definitely lying and the confidence is extremely fake too
Luckbox Inc
Drug Dealer

Post by Luckbox Inc »

Esooa wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 8:12 pm [VOTE: ejjinami] aubergine
Nah...
Kami
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Kami »

luckbox/allison are partners lmao
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

Luckbox Inc wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 8:16 pm
Nah...
sorry it took me like 20 minutes to bother to write out vote tags to vote I'm not changing it
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Okay I now feel a bit bad bringing complicated strategies we won't even use in-thread. I'll prob stop unless prompted to continue.
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

Creature wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 8:18 pm Okay I now feel a bit bad bringing complicated strategies we won't even use in-thread. I'll prob stop unless prompted to continue.
you don't need to feel bad. And I don't think it's useless. I just feel it'd end up making town worse off cause yeah
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

just harder to coordinate
Luckbox Inc
Drug Dealer

Post by Luckbox Inc »

Kami wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 8:16 pm
I mean I've already interacted with esooa a ton in our two games, and talked ww with her on discord. And I don't think I have close to 20 games with you either. Maybe like 6 or 7.
But jf you think I'm definitely lying then you know what to do.
Kami
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Kami »

Luckbox Inc wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 8:19 pm
I mean I've already interacted with esooa a ton in our two games, and talked ww with her on discord. And I don't think I have close to 20 games with you either. Maybe like 6 or 7.
But jf you think I'm definitely lying then you know what to do.
Naw that's not true in the past year its been 7 but I've been on pog since 2015 so it's been far more than that
Also why would you think you know the meta of someone off 2 games, that's just illogical especially since esooa was drunk and out of character
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 143
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

ejjinami wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 8:07 pm
if you want to vote him, I’m willing to sheep
honestly, eww
This feels like the sort of snarky response one would give if they want to look townie but can’t think of a real, genuine answer
Esooa wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:50 pm]
just vote me then lol
The jokes on you that is a genuine answer
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

nanook join my vote
NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME
i moderated for mafiathesyndicate.com and all i got was this stupid title
Posts in topic: 143
Preferred Pronouns: Usually he/him but idc

Post by NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME »

Esooa wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 8:23 pm nanook join my vote
I would but I can't
ImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 8:24 pm
Esooa wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 8:23 pm nanook join my vote
I would but I can't
why not
Luckbox Inc
Drug Dealer

Post by Luckbox Inc »

Kami wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 8:21 pm Naw that's not true in the past year its been 7 but I've been on pog since 2015 so it's been far more than that
Also why would you think you know the meta of someone off 2 games, that's just illogical especially since esooa was drunk and out of character
I only remember you over this last year or so and wasn't playing too too much again until last year. But that's all besides the point. I would think that I have a better read on esooa than some people that I've played dozens of games with going back a lot longer. And I mean that in no way as a denigration of her play-- I think she villages great which is exactly why I feel I should be able to read her. I'm not sure why this is a thing that you're focusing on either.
ejjinami
Stool Pigeon

Post by ejjinami »

bump for isoing purposes
the use of the word “extreme” probably makes a kami&lunch team less likely
Kami wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 8:17 pm luckbox/allison are partners lmao
gun to the head: the confidence is unreasonable to the point of being townie
Esooa wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 8:17 pm
Luckbox Inc wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 8:16 pm
Nah...
sorry it took me like 20 minutes to bother to write out vote tags to vote I'm not changing it
use another 20 minutes to make another vote on the same person
seems like a good idea
meow
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

n0 ejj red
ejjinami
Stool Pigeon

Post by ejjinami »

NANOOKTHEGREATANDFEARSOME wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 8:21 pm
ejjinami wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 8:07 pm
honestly, eww
The jokes on you that is a genuine answer
ok
and I’m cop-checking you tonight
you’re welcome

unless I strongly feel about nanook in one way or the other, I won’t change this action later on
meow
Luckbox Inc
Drug Dealer

Post by Luckbox Inc »

ejjinami wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 8:27 pm
This is a part of what makes Kami hard to read-- She's usually super confident like that and can definitely act that way as a wolf.
ejjinami
Stool Pigeon

Post by ejjinami »

Esooa wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 8:29 pmn0 ejj red
pfffffft, rip
I’d suggest changing the colors
but gl lmao
meow
Alison

Post by Alison »

Kami wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 8:06 pm
Alison wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 8:03 pm The one post Kami made before dipping was fixating on something perfectly ordinary and misrepping it. That is why I am voting them.
You have no context how would you know its perfectly ordinary and misrepping
Because I read the post you were quoting, that's why
ejjinami
Stool Pigeon

Post by ejjinami »

Luckbox Inc wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 8:30 pm
ejjinami wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 8:27 pm
This is a part of what makes Kami hard to read-- She's usually super confident like that and can definitely act that way as a wolf.
yeah figured
at least the first part
meow

Return to “Previous Heists”