Game Over! Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Moderator: Community Team

How did Das Porcu do co-hosting his first game?

Stupendous!
80%
Horrific!
No votes
Who is Das Porcu?
No votes
Fucking fabulous!!/Hosts
20%

Total votes: 15
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 233
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Re: Day 10 Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Post by Long Con »

juliets wrote:
Dana wrote:Okay, this might be a terrible idea, but I think I'm going to vote Bea for the only reason that I trust her the most. Possibly a really stupid strategy, but the way things have been going, maybe we need to flip things upside-down to try and find a baddie. I do not encourage anyone to vote with me, I don't even think Bea is bad! But I really don't see anyone as extremely suspicious right now. Bullz is maybe half suspicious to me right now, but he's quieted down a bit so I'm not too sure. I would consider a vote for LoRab if there's some evidence, and maybe even LC for trying to sway the votes a bit, but I don't feel too strongly about either of them. I'll hold off voting for another hour or two, but I have a meeting during the lynch so I probably won't be able to change last second if more information comes to light.

What do the rest of you think? Is it a really bad tactic to vote for who you trust the most?
Dana, I've never known anyone in mafia whose told me they are doing this so it makes it hard to respond. I know what you mean because I feel it too, I keep evaluating people wrong and voting for civs so it makes me think some of the people I think are good are really bad. But I wouldn't vote for anyone I didn't mind seeing lynched unless I'm sending a "message" vote" ("I've got my eye on you") to someone. I don't want to tell you what to do but that's the way I think about it.
In a manner of speaking, that's what I'm doing with Canuck and LoRab. I have trusted them all game, and we've lynched Civ after Civ. It was time to flip things up a bit, so I looked at them from a different angle. I don't think they would trust me exactly as much as they have, with even a little doubt and suspicion sprinkled in just right, unless it served their purposes as baddies to keep me under wraps. They don't want me coming after them, they want me to trust and agree with them.

This conclusion would not have happened any time earlier in the game, it's just because we are getting so low on players and shit is completely dire at this point. It's them. And Hedge. That's what I think, AND that's what my gut tells me as well. Those two don't always agree, my head and gut.
Dana wrote:Okay, this might be a terrible idea, but I think I'm going to vote Bea for the only reason that I trust her the most. Possibly a really stupid strategy, but the way things have been going, maybe we need to flip things upside-down to try and find a baddie. I do not encourage anyone to vote with me, I don't even think Bea is bad! But I really don't see anyone as extremely suspicious right now. Bullz is maybe half suspicious to me right now, but he's quieted down a bit so I'm not too sure. I would consider a vote for LoRab if there's some evidence, and maybe even LC for trying to sway the votes a bit, but I don't feel too strongly about either of them. I'll hold off voting for another hour or two, but I have a meeting during the lynch so I probably won't be able to change last second if more information comes to light.

What do the rest of you think? Is it a really bad tactic to vote for who you trust the most?
What does "trying to sway the votes a bit" mean? Is it different from regular suspicions and cases? Are you saying this because I accused Canuck and LoRab with little substance to the accusation?
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 233
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Ok, the choice between the two was easy, because Canuck seems silenced right now, and I'm not trying to lynch a silenced person when I have an equally suspected person who has been active today. I'm courteous like that. :noble:

I'm voting LoRab, but if it comes down to it, I would change my vote to Hedgeowl. I want very much for you all to consider a similar vote, there's more baddies than Civvies still out there, and I am sure LoRab is one.
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 149
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

Long Con wrote:Ok, the choice between the two was easy, because Canuck seems silenced right now, and I'm not trying to lynch a silenced person when I have an equally suspected person who has been active today. I'm courteous like that. :noble:

I'm voting LoRab, but if it comes down to it, I would change my vote to Hedgeowl. I want very much for you all to consider a similar vote, there's more baddies than Civvies still out there, and I am sure LoRab is one.
And you are wrong.

I've trusted you because I haven't been reading you as bad. And the only person I know who generally reads you better than I do is your wife. Have I ever been wrong? Yes. Enough that I don't entirely trust my own judgement. But that's been my thinking.

Eye me all you want. And if you must vote for me, go for it. But I'm not bad. And I don't really see a case against me, so I can't really answer your suspicion more than I have. :lorab:

I'm still unsure of where I'm voting.
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 243
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Snipped your quote LC -
Long Con wrote: In a manner of speaking, that's what I'm doing with Canuck and LoRab. I have trusted them all game, and we've lynched Civ after Civ. It was time to flip things up a bit, so I looked at them from a different angle. I don't think they would trust me exactly as much as they have, with even a little doubt and suspicion sprinkled in just right, unless it served their purposes as baddies to keep me under wraps. They don't want me coming after them, they want me to trust and agree with them.

This conclusion would not have happened any time earlier in the game, it's just because we are getting so low on players and shit is completely dire at this point. It's them. And Hedge. That's what I think, AND that's what my gut tells me as well. Those two don't always agree, my head and gut.
For now, I'm thinking i will stick with Hedge. I'll wait a little bit longer to vote just in case something happens.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 181
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

I can see a hedge vote more than a lorab vote. so that's where I'm going to vote as theres like 4 minutes left.
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

ok strike the voting part - my times are all hosed on the site from when I was trying to figure out what was wrong with my poll last night. *doh*
Dana
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 193
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Dana »

I just typed up a whole long thing and my phone deleted it. :(

Juliets, thank you for your input. It's not that I wouldn't mind seeing her lynched, because I definitely would... Of she's good. But I guess the whole point of the game is that you don't know who's good and who's bad.

Bea, I don't want to see another civ lynched either, of course. But I know I'm good and I know someone else is (or at least was) good also, so statistically there are a lot of baddies around.

I'm leaving now for this meeting, so I'm going to vote Bea. If it ends before the lynch then I'll return and reconsider.

Linki- Lorab, yes it was pretty much that. But if the reason for your suspicion of them is that they're not suspicious then I guess I can't really say anything because I'm basically doing the same thing.
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

oh Dana of the hypnoavi - I think this is the first time I've ever taken a lynch vote because the person voting me thinks I'm civ.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Ok, I'm going to go ahead and vote hedgeowl. I don't think anything is really going to happen in the last 30 minutes to change my mind. Oh, and we can change our votes here right? so I can always change if need be. (I'm playing 3 games now and starting to get some things confused.)

*voting Hedge*
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Dana
Drug Dealer

Post by Dana »

Well, they let me out early because I was only there to get a club approved, so yay, more time to mafia!
Bea wrote:oh Dana of the hypnoavi - I think this is the first time I've ever taken a lynch vote because the person voting me thinks I'm civ.
I'm sorry about that. I may switch if more people start coming around since our votes are all scattered, and I don't want there to be another no lynch day when the mafia have a chance to kill at night. Who do you think you're going to vote for?
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

UGH! This vote is so split. And I clearly need to vote someone with a vote so I'm not tied with a gazillion other candidates (ok, maybe an exagerration). Need to think about who I trust the most and consider for whom they have voted, I guess. Not liking this lynch.

@Dana: Did you mean that linkitis for someone else?
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

I'm voting for hedge. The case on lorab is just too weak for me at this point.
Dana
Drug Dealer

Post by Dana »

LoRab wrote:@Dana: Did you mean that linkitis for someone else?
Oh whoops. I totally meant that for LC, sorry!
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

Dana wrote:
LoRab wrote:@Dana: Did you mean that linkitis for someone else?
Oh whoops. I totally meant that for LC, sorry!
I mean, he and I did have the same haircut for a while. But not the same person, lol. :p
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Na lorab - you rocked that hair cut waaaaaay cuter than he does. ;)
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

bea wrote:Na lorab - you rocked that hair cut waaaaaay cuter than he does. ;)
I wonder if the hosts could make that the next night poll, lol
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

Putting my vote on hedge, in case I get distracted in the next 11 minutes and forget to vote. This is a pure self preservation vote. I don't trust that there isn't vote manipulation (because, it's a game of mafia with tricksy hosts), and I want to do my best to stay alive.

If something comes up between now and lynch end, I could change vote. I don't particularly suspect hedge. But I sure as hell trust myself more.
Dana
Drug Dealer

Post by Dana »

Oh wait, we can't change votes this time? Has this been the whole game and I just hadn't noticed? I was pretty sure we were able to before.
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

in the interest of fairness we would be requiring pictures to judge and compare. :noble:
DisgruntledPorcupine
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 85

Post by DisgruntledPorcupine »

LoRab wrote:
bea wrote:Na lorab - you rocked that hair cut waaaaaay cuter than he does. ;)
I wonder if the hosts could make that the next night poll, lol
Hmm. :P
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

dunno dana - I am always sketched out by vote changing ability because I'm absent minded so I always just wait as long as I can to get as much info as I can with the "I'm only voting once" theory pretty much all the time. I'm a girl of habits. Habits make me sane. :D OK - slightly more sane...I guess full on sane is a bit of a stretch.
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

bea wrote:in the interest of fairness we would be requiring pictures to judge and compare. :noble:
I'm happy to share a pic!
Dana
Drug Dealer

Post by Dana »

I mean votes aren't changeable this poll. I was just wondering if that's a mistake or not.
Boogs
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 140

Post by Boogs »

Voted Hedge. Again it was up to Bullz or her and he wouldn't get enough to go.
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

that's a decent point dana - lets ask the hosts :)

oh hosties!!!!! as dana pointed out the votes weren't changeable this time, was that a mistake or not?
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 91

Post by Hedgeowl »

Ahh I almost missed the vote. This is a HUGE mistake. You are serisouly about to lynch another civ. I am going to vote Boogs for now, because its the closest I can come to saving myself, but I would rather be voting LC.

Also, I am fairly surprised at this lynch. Baddies are all over this game. It was fun though, good luck guys!
Turnip Head wrote: We need to lynch Pennsylvania Bitch.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer

Post by Hedgeowl »

I will say the baddies have been doing an excellent job this game. It has been sooo hard figuring you out. I am looking forward to end game for sure. :)
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

so you would advocate looking at LC next?
DisgruntledPorcupine
Drug Dealer

bea wrote:that's a decent point dana - lets ask the hosts :)

oh hosties!!!!! as dana pointed out the votes weren't changeable this time, was that a mistake or not?
Yup, heh.
DisgruntledPorcupine
Drug Dealer

Hedgeowl has been lynched. She was Tim the Enchanter, a civ.
DisgruntledPorcupine
Drug Dealer

Re: Python Polls

Hedgeowl
Money Launderer

Re: Night 10 Monty Python and the Holy Grail

Post by Hedgeowl »

:blush: ebwop: dead red. I didn't see my death post in Linki. Whoops. Have fun all! Zombie bar time for me. :wine:
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Crap. :( I'm sorry hedgey. :(
DisgruntledPorcupine
Drug Dealer

Also according to the thing the vote changing was enabled. So don't know what that was about. :o
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

did you delete the old poll before you made the new one? that was the issue I ran into last night. Stoopid bea is sometimes very stoopid. In my defense it was at about beer 4. lol.
Boogs
Drug Dealer

Post by Boogs »

Rip and sorry Hedge :-( I dont know who to vote besides Bullzeye now. This game has been so crazy.
Dp- Why are only LC and Lorab on the poll and do we have to vote them?
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

yea - I mean, I know what they both looked like when they shared the same hairstyle, but I think eveyone else will need ocular proof from said parties in order to properly evaluate.

boogsy - we're trying to decide who rocks a hair cut better.
Boogs
Drug Dealer

Post by Boogs »

Okay but i dont know if i want to vote either if it gives them something because i dont really trust either of them. I only trust Jc and Bea at this point.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

I guess I'm going to have to start voting for people I think are good too because this just didn't get it. I'm sorry hedge and RIP.

Boogs the night poll was about who looked best in the same hairstyle, Long Rock or Lorab. It's just the night poll it won't give anyone an advantage. Maybe you haven't seen pictures of them with the same hairstyle? I don't think it will give them anything, that really wouldnt be fair to the rest of us.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Dana
Drug Dealer

Post by Dana »

Was their hairstyle really that similar?
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

I took it as a jokey poll myself.

I know when rox and I did fairy tales, we had some night polls mean things and some didn't -our players never knew which ones did or didn't till the end. There's a more positive point I'm getting to right about...now.....

The point being, that late in the game they were way more "placeholder" kinda votes than prize votes. Also as JC pointed out- I don't think either host would give a chance at a prize to just 2 players.

Yes Dana - it was exactly the same. :D
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

It was. I shaved my head in April to raise money for childhood cancer research. I''ll post a pic. Hold on.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Dana wrote:Was their hairstyle really that similar?
Yes, I'm hoping the hosts or someone is going to post pictures so you can see, otherwise I would just tell you.

linkitis

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Dana
Drug Dealer

Post by Dana »

Oh, the hairstyle was no hair at all? Is a hairless hairstyle still a hairstyle at all? This is getting philosophical.
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Speaking of old mafia things I adored, I really wished I'd saved that video of LC singing Brittney Spears for the contest in Dom's Glee game. That was some srrs gold right there.
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

Now that LP is back, someone should save that...

OK, trying to share a photo on here is giving me a headache. Follow this link: https://www.stbaldricks.org/participant ... 60938/2014

I'm the cute chick in the middle. That is moments after I shaved. Sorry to link to my fundraising page--no pressure, but that's the easiest way to share me with no hair. (although feel free to donate, no donation is too small)
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

bea wrote:Speaking of old mafia things I adored, I really wished I'd saved that video of LC singing Brittney Spears for the contest in Dom's Glee game. That was some srrs gold right there.
I heard LP is back so maybe you can find that game in past games and find the video. It was the highlight of any mafia game I've ever played (well except for ambray/sofi outing her whole team by mistake in that game on rev).

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

And anyone who has access to pics of me (facebook or instagram or twitter), feel free to share pics. You have my permission. I'm just way too tired to remember how to do photos in forum world.

linkitis: except the picture that either Tranq or Typh (and I know they would both kill me for not remembering which) posted the picture of the different options for the night zero poll. Pixar, maybe? There was a bus.
LoRab
Loan Shark

Post by LoRab »

It was Tranq. The pic is no longer up. But reading through that conversation was hilarious.
Enrique
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 192

Post by Enrique »

juliets wrote:
bea wrote:Speaking of old mafia things I adored, I really wished I'd saved that video of LC singing Brittney Spears for the contest in Dom's Glee game. That was some srrs gold right there.
I heard LP is back so maybe you can find that game in past games and find the video. It was the highlight of any mafia game I've ever played (well except for ambray/sofi outing her whole team by mistake in that game on rev).
:haha: That's probably why she doesn't play anymore.

Also, agreed with Hedge. This game is insane. Can't wait for the endgame!
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”