The Molly Maguires Mafia (ENDGAME)

Moderator: Community Team

This is your last shot. Who is behind all the murders?

Poll ended at Sat Dec 25, 2021 12:00 am

Alison
18%
DrWilgy
No votes
Lime Coke
9%
Capitalism (host/spec/dead option)
73%

Total votes: 11
Alison
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 158
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Re: The Molly Maguires Mafia (N2)

Post by Alison »

Which makes Wilgy town actually.

It probably makes him town also because I think if his partner is Luckbox he just lies down and dies rather than go super saiyan just to redirect the exe to his partner.
There's nothing that says a fake can't surpass the real thing.
Alison

Post by Alison »

That Wilgy townclear only applies tomorrow though. In F3 he should still be considered.
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 113

Post by DrWilgy »

Alison wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 7:51 am Actually you had some clearing interactions with LB too.

Everyone had except Wilgy though.

Maybe we should just turbo Wilgy D3 to prove there's a busser and then reeval in LyLo
Please stop saying this every night. Idk if my heart can handle the pressure.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

MacDougall wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 8:14 am oh yay esooa is doing completely useless anti town things to amuse herself how good
I feel that if Esooa was Luckbox's teammate, they were in a pretty open position to move to my hard proposed counter wagon.

Honestly Ender as well.

I don't think that Esooa was in a good enough position to risk losing the teammate though. I feel like that may not have been the bus.
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Alison

Post by Alison »

Why were you against the LB exe?
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Everyone besides me was ok with this yeet. Even LB didn't vote.

Does Mac just sit in an off wagon, or would he have attempted to join the bus in this scenario?

Ender/Esooa we're both potentially in too peculiar position to bus, unless that was THE PLAN.

I could see that in Ender over Esooa, but I did never finish that ISO.
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Alison wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:13 am Why were you against the LB exe?
Out of all the ISOs I got through, while the thinnest, I had the easiest time reading it from a town perspective.

While my reading seems to need a readjustment, my general fear with LB is that if we were wrong on the yeet, our information would be very much stifled going into D5. If we had removed a more vocal player, we could have hit a wolf or eliminated more sketchy team pairs from the PoE. I think that a town state as was, would have been very easy to fall into a 1-2 game on a low poster misyeet.
Image Image Image
Alison

Post by Alison »

Good answer
Alison

Post by Alison »

I think it makes sense for wilgy who is feeling like he is being railroaded into an sleepwalked exe to be paranoid that the same is happening to lb
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Alison wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:30 am I think it makes sense for wilgy who is feeling like he is being railroaded into an sleepwalked exe to be paranoid that the same is happening to lb
Eh, I didn't make that association.

I think this is a game philosophy. Hustles feel like a game of percentages and logic puzzle vs power games where there are factors that outright disrupt the numbers game. Town wins by getting the percent chance to win as close to 100% as possible. It is scum's job to disrupt that.

Effective communication on thoughts and a push to weed out scum increases the chance for town. Gaining information from association via flips increases the chance for town. Removing team based PoE increases chance for town. Hitting one of the two wolves increases the chance immensely.

Had LB flipped town, the percent change between D2 and N2 would have been minimal. Had you flipped town, the percent change between D2 and N2 would have been greater than LB. LB flipping wolf greatly increased our chance but prior to the flip, it was not the safest option for town.

I think this naturally results in me wishing to flip a more vocal wolf and win off that when the percent chance to win is at it's highest in D3-D4.
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

So from my reviews yesterday:
Alison LB not W/W
LB Esooa not W/W
LB and LC not W/W

And I don't think it makes sense for Ender to bus when they did. I was more than an easy enough yeet.

Like it's literally just Mac, which makes sense because Mac or Alison was needing to be resolved anyhow. I think the LB flip presolves that.

If I am wrong, I think I'm wrong on Alison, but that just may be tinfoil at this point. Will probably do Ender ISO at lunch to see if my thoughts on them are valid.
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

DrWilgy wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:59 am
Alison wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:30 am I think it makes sense for wilgy who is feeling like he is being railroaded into an sleepwalked exe to be paranoid that the same is happening to lb
Eh, I didn't make that association.

I think this is a game philosophy. Hustles feel like a game of percentages and logic puzzle vs power games where there are factors that outright disrupt the numbers game. Town wins by getting the percent chance to win as close to 100% as possible. It is scum's job to disrupt that.

Effective communication on thoughts and a push to weed out scum increases the chance for town. Gaining information from association via flips increases the chance for town. Removing team based PoE increases chance for town. Hitting one of the two wolves increases the chance immensely.

Had LB flipped town, the percent change between D2 and N2 would have been minimal. Had you flipped town, the percent change between D2 and N2 would have been greater than LB. LB flipping wolf greatly increased our chance but prior to the flip, it was not the safest option for town.

I think this naturally results in me wishing to flip a more vocal wolf and win off that when the percent chance to win is at it's highest in D3-D4.
Oh, also just to add where I think I'd go with the information: I think had you flipped town, I would've turbo'd Mac and never moved.
Image Image Image
Alison

Post by Alison »

I'm back to suspecting Wilgy because all that felt like a crock of shit. Since when do you think in terms of percentages and numbers, and why would you turbo Mac if I flipped town when I've been consistently pro-Mac?
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Alison wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 12:40 pm I'm back to suspecting Wilgy because all that felt like a crock of shit. Since when do you think in terms of percentages and numbers, and why would you turbo Mac if I flipped town when I've been consistently pro-Mac?
Always? Mafia has always been a logic puzzle where pieces need to be loved into appropriate place. These are the lines I look for. Perhaps it's only now expressible as such because this is the 2nd hustle.

You being pro Mac doesn't determine Mac's alignment. It's more so the thread weight you two carry. I think that there's a wolf between you two. I couldn't determine as to who previously and even entertained the idea you two were W/W. While that was wrong, I think a wolf between you two still makes sense.

The whole Mac V Alison thing early.
You two being claimed to be cleared by iaafr's nk.
Image Image Image
Alison

Post by Alison »

Why do those things guarantee a wolf between us two?
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Alison wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 2:13 pm Why do those things guarantee a wolf between us two?
Guarantee no, make much more likely, yes.

Because I think it's much more likely that these events were manipulated by someone with information rather than not. They carried too much weight for dumb townies to do so. Do I know who's responsible, not really. Am I willing to guess one of the two focal point players? yes.

This is also not without context. I believe that your ISOs reflect the above as well.
Image Image Image
Alison

Post by Alison »

Why can't me and Mac just be loud townies who people listen to?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 239

Post by MacDougall »

wilgous
leetic
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 16
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Oricorio

Post by leetic »

@Alison
@DrWilgy
@EnderWiggin
@Esooa
@Lime Coke
@MacDougall

When looking over the notes left by their fallen ally, the Reading Railroad believed that James Carroll posed the biggest threat out of all of the Mollies. After paying off any potential witnesses that could testify against them, they sent an agent to Mauch Chunk to pose as a watchman while Carroll would return home from the mines. As Carroll was walking home, he saw someone he thought he recognized - and the next thing he knew, he was staring down a rifle. As Carroll lay dying, the agent left an AOH insignia at the scene in an attempt to frame one of the Mollies. At least the newspapers they had paid off would buy the stories, and that's all that matters.
leetic wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 9:58 pm Image

You are James Carroll! You were convicted for the murder of night watchman Benjamin Yost in one of the most screwed-up trials in American history. This is because Yost's actual murderer testified in the prosecution, and despite his wife testifying against him, a mistrial was declared due to a juror's death. In the next trial, the testimony that would've exonerated you couldn't be used, and you ended up being hanged because of a murder you didn't commit. To make it worse, the key witness against the Maguires, who was on the mine owners' payroll, was engaged to the sister of the murderer, preventing any justice from occurring. You are one of the Molly Maguires and win when the moles of the Pinkerton Detective Agency have been rooted out and eliminated.
MacDougall was shot. He was James Carroll, one of the Molly Maguires.
Before they headed to the mines for the day, the remaining Mollies noticed that their numbers were thinning, and that the local newspapers were all printing stories with exaggerated reports of their violence that falsely accused them of murder. Now, some of the officials in the Reading Railroad were openly calling for them all to be hanged, and they knew that if they didn't stick together, they'd all be picked off easily.

It is now D3, which will last for 48 hours and ends on 12/19 at 11pm ETC.
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
Esooa
Made Man
Posts in topic: 371
Preferred Pronouns: She/her

Re: The Molly Maguires Mafia (D3)

Post by Esooa »

lmao omg
I’ll come clean team. I have failed you.
I never expected to survive the night. I was very confused about the char flip and I was on my way to a very hot date. We stayed overnight to celebrate my girl bday and vday weekend. Last thing in my mind was the game... I never submitted an action last night. :doh:
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

wilgous
I never expected to survive the night. I was very confused about the char flip and I was on my way to a very hot date. We stayed overnight to celebrate my girl bday and vday weekend. Last thing in my mind was the game... I never submitted an action last night. :doh:
Alison

Post by Alison »

[VOTE: DrWilgy] aubergine
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

That clears somethin for me.

Don't know how to read the Alison WIFOM on that.
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Alison wrote: Fri Dec 17, 2021 2:50 pm Why can't me and Mac just be loud townies who people listen to?
I mean, you can, that's just not how I interpret it.
Image Image Image
Alison

Post by Alison »

So why are you not snapvoting me now that mac has flipped town?
Alison

Post by Alison »

Now that Akemi Homura Mafia has ended I can say that I scumread Wilgy's catchup because it seemed like the kind of stuff he did in Akemi Homura, just spam the thread with surface level takes in the hopes of getting volume cleared
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Alison wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 12:28 am Now that Akemi Homura Mafia has ended I can say that I scumread Wilgy's catchup because it seemed like the kind of stuff he did in Akemi Homura, just spam the thread with surface level takes in the hopes of getting volume cleared
Wondering if you were waiting to make comparisons.

What would a town who's catching up look like then?
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Alison wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 12:27 am So why are you not snapvoting me now that mac has flipped town?
Like I advised in the post above. Too much WIFOM to digest here.
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Like, this is fun. Everyone besides me voted LB, so I probably just need to restart my ISO's considering my non W/W reads were incorrect.
Image Image Image
Alison

Post by Alison »

I don't believe that you believe that I felt so threatened by your push on me that I killed Mac just to WIFOM your theory
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

I can't believe Mac died lmao
Lime Coke
Hitman
Posts in topic: 133
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Aka: BradLand

Post by Lime Coke »

I was actually wavering on my read on Mac but thankfully that doesn't have to be reviewed.
Image Image ImageImageImageImage ImageImage
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Alison wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 12:36 am I don't believe that you believe that I felt so threatened by your push on me that I killed Mac just to WIFOM your theory
Threatened? Goodness no. A desire to troll and mess with me? Perhaps.

Even further a safe way to get into a smooth F3? While I can't see the line there may be some ahead thinking.

That may not be your MO tho. If it's based on how this was a meme kill alone, then maybe Esooa?
Image Image Image
EnderWiggin
Made Man
Posts in topic: 257
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by EnderWiggin »

[VOTE: Esooa] aubergine

Free wolf pelts. Free wolf pelts.
We can only trust the truth. Everything else is a lie.
EnderWiggin
Made Man

Post by EnderWiggin »

Alison wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 12:28 am Now that Akemi Homura Mafia has ended I can say that I scumread Wilgy's catchup because it seemed like the kind of stuff he did in Akemi Homura, just spam the thread with surface level takes in the hopes of getting volume cleared
I'm pretty sure it's Esooa but I'll give benefit of the doubt and read this when I'm home in the evening.
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

enders posts are annoying so I'm voting him
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

he's also had the same reads since day 1
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

EnderWiggin wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 6:55 pm [VOTE: Esooa] aubergine

based on your lazy super shitty tunnel on someone you're pretending is impossible to read
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

@Alison ender is being a bitch and can't do anything but vote me so I'm forcing votes between us because I feel like it
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

I'm not coming back to this thread ftr
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

before night phase
EnderWiggin
Made Man

Post by EnderWiggin »

Hey, it's a new experience, never got to tunnel you before.
EnderWiggin
Made Man

Post by EnderWiggin »

Esooa wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 7:33 pm he's also had the same reads since day 1
I mean, returned to them multiple times after trying other options but yeah, I'll admit, this was my EOD 1 reads and I'll stick to em.
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

bruh you literally came up with one half baked reason to wolf read me day 1 and you literally haven't thought about the game since
EnderWiggin
Made Man

Post by EnderWiggin »

Esooa wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 7:35 pm
EnderWiggin wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 6:55 pm [VOTE: Esooa] aubergine

based on your lazy super shitty tunnel on someone you're pretending is impossible to read
Nah. Not impossible. I've just had a bad time of it in the past.

I have had a very good rate on LC (I should probably check this to make sure I'm not wrecking myself but I'm also pretty sure he's town rn.)

A decent rate on Alison.

Wilgy is the one I'm a bit iffy about my ability to read them which is why I'm gonna double-check Alison's stuff first.
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

I honestly don't give a fuck if you're town and I make town lose the game but I'm never moving my vote off you until one of us is dead cause I'm tired of it
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

closing the page now so bye
EnderWiggin
Made Man

Post by EnderWiggin »

Tbh same.
Alison

Post by Alison »

Dont make me play on my birthday cmon.
Alison

Post by Alison »

Can you summarize the Esooa case? FMPOV she buried LB and got the Mac seal of approval for most of the game. The only person who scumread her was Kami and Kami TRed LB so I dunno if she can be trusted. I read Esooa by results a lot and a 50% pelt rate isn't too bad for her.

Return to “Previous Hustles”