Coffia (Coffee Mafia) [END]

Moderator: Community Team

Do you prefer drip, french press, or percolated?

Poll ended at Mon Jan 03, 2022 11:00 pm

alexa (467)
8%
Gira (330)
15%
Lime Coke (352)
15%
staypositivefriend (389)
No votes
TonyStarkPrime (160)
8%
Marmot (Marmot) (Dead/Host/Mod/Non)
54%

Total votes: 13
staypositivefriend
Hitman
Posts in topic: 345
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Re: Coffia (Coffee Mafia) [DAY 1]

Post by staypositivefriend »

Lime Coke wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:45 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:43 pm
Lime Coke wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 9:09 pm Also her sus'ing me for townreading Alexa when she knows how I am when she's in the game is wolfy as all hell.
yeah i think this is the real issue here to be honest - you dont think that i could be reasonably suspicious of you for making a post that sounded super trustworthy of alexa on page 1 so you confirmation biased yourself into reading the rest of my posts as wolfy
Not really, you just had a ton of posts that included shading and scumreading. Even if you take the posts where you're shading me out, and you still have more scumreads in your iso than townreads.
ive objectively posted more townreads in this games than ive posted wolfreads, unless you want to argue that making nitpicky observations and poking at people at stuff that pings me is the same thing as a "wolfread", or that the particular approach ive been taking in this game isnt exactly how i scumhunt in every single game i play
ilario
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 98
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his/himself

Post by ilario »

I’m living for a world where the narrative of lc self admittedly being able to struggle to find srs in games is able to be the first to catch and case spf if shes wolfing here
Lime Coke
Hitman
Posts in topic: 303
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Aka: BradLand

Post by Lime Coke »

Keep in mind, you know how much I respect your game, I've literally taken things from your games and included them into mine and I've talked to you about them.
You have shaded me in the past and I haven't reacted in the same way, I responded to them but I didn't tunnel you back.

I wouldn't be onto you if I wasn't confident in you flipping scum, if I think you're town I would be working with you.
Spoiler: show
Image Image ImageImageImageImage ImageImage
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Lime Coke wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 9:38 pm
alexa wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 9:32 pm
Lime Coke wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 9:08 pm SPF is afraid to give people townreads this game while discrediting a SHIT ton of townreads and wants to give reasons to wolfread people.
can you talk about this more? my perception of SPF's wolf play has been that she is very pockety toward specific people and her being more wary of people as a whole is village-indicative. i know you like, intensely studied her last wolf game or whatever though or W/E, did it seem similar to here?
Read the last wolf game SPF was in on MU, her immediate start is just throwing shade and scumreads, and outed like 1 townread and put a gigantic backdoor to it so that she can keep a ML available.

This game she's come in and started throwing shade often on most of the content in the game, and most of the responses of "Why do you find this person towny for that reason? I think that's rather awkward-" which is discrediting like crazy.

She's not taking firm stances on ANYTHING, she's put 1 person as a strong townread which was Alison and that's relatively it.
so, why do you think that i'm "not taking firm stances on anything"? is it because i'm a wolf that's so scared of playing this game that im incapable of taking firm stances on anyone? is it because i'm scared of drawing negative attention to myself so i'm playing a more lowkey game? i feel like you, of all people, should know that im not afraid to draw attention to myself as a wolf

or could it be that at the time that you made this post, i had only been playing the game for a very short amount of time and all of the pings that i was getting hadn't crystalized into solid reads yet? could it be that i WAS collecting reads that i felt good about but that i decided to wait until after my work event to go into more detail? could it be that going the first few hours of a game without outing confident reads is standard behavior for me as either alignment? (even though, ironically, i tend to be more confident as a wolf than as a villager)
ilario
Racketeer

Post by ilario »

staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:42 pm
Lime Coke wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 9:08 pm SPF is afraid to give people townreads this game while discrediting a SHIT ton of townreads and wants to give reasons to wolfread people.
do you want me to lie and make up townreads that i dont actually have? i wasnt gonna force myself to out townreads in the first 4 pages of the game if i didnt authentically come up with any, but that does NOT mean that i'm afraid to make townreads in this game. i called ilario towny and dyslexicon towny and mac towny and that was within the first few hours of the game

accussing me of being afraid to out townreads when ive outed multiple townreads shows me that you arent reading my posts with a careful attention to detail at ALL and are almost certainly overreacting based on the fact that i outed a reason to be mildly suspicious of you within the first few pages of the game (which for the record, i get no benefit from doing as a wolf because i know exactly how it would make you react, and my goal as a wolf would ultimately be to pocket you and try to get you on my good side)

and "wants to give reasons to wolfread people" makes even less sense when ive outed more townreads in this game than i have wolfreads, and the wolfreads that i have outed i have backed away from
Hmmm I kinda wish anne was here because of something she said in another game and I’d wanna know how she reads this particular post.
staypositivefriend
Hitman

alexa wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 9:57 pm 16/8er -

SPF outs a scumread on Amrock (a villager)
Outs a townread on illwei
staypositivefriend;5426839 wrote:i feel like i should have more reads right now but i honestly dont

i hope people will be around during the last few hours of the EOD, which is the main time ill be able to reliably post in this game
then says this

........ok i see where brad is drawing the comparison tbh lmao

[VOTE: SPF] aubergine
....are you kidding me? i opened the 16/18er game by posting a SCUMCASE on amrock and then posting a long, elaborate reason for why i thought illwei was a villager, and "then" said that i didn't have many other reads

in this game, i opened the game with no reads, and then continued to slowly develop them as i posted more and got more into the game. there is no way you can make that comparison with a straight face
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Lime Coke wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:02 pm @falcon45ca

The examples are in the spoilers. There's a lot.
staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 6:32 pm tbh im reading through the game right now and barely any posts are coming off as alignment indicative

im not sure if it's just a me thing or if people just arent really alignment telling
Starts off with "I don't see anything alignment indicative" which is just 0 stance taking in general.
staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 6:33 pm
Lime Coke wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 12:07 am
alexa wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 12:04 am ok there's a chance this is an awful read but brad increasing the font size and bolding a line he previously wrote as mafia to say jokingly that he's town here may be town indicative

i don't really care about this that much because i'll prob have a solid read on him outside of microtells by EOD anyway but

vibes
It was just copy/pasta I decided to use.

You know how to read me anyways so you'll find me town for other reasons that are correct.
this is probably the closest thing i got to a ping, because i felt like lime coke was talking to alexa in this post like he already knew that she was town. i know that LC tends to be pretty trusting of alexa regardless of her alignment, but i would expect his attitude toward her at the beginning of the game to be a little bit more cynical/suspicious
First thing is shading me for my read on Alexa, when SPF knows how I tend to read Alexa in games, which is relatively the same as how I used to read SPF.
staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 6:34 pm also SO many people townread alison in the last 4 pages for ???? reasons that im tempted to call her threadspewed
This is a townread stance calling Alison "Threadspewed" which the way she does it feels like a discredit because she's saying "I don't get why people are townreading Alison."
staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 6:43 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 1:56 pm Anyway
Nanook and Lime are town.
Alison and Alexa both look promising.

zomg everyone's so towny
this post from dizzy pinged me while i was catching up as well and i tried to type up a paragraph explaining why but the words are not flowing properly from my brain rn

so im just gonna leave it here and then maybe elaborate later
Shade post #2.
staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 6:42 pm
alexa wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 6:37 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 6:33 pm
Lime Coke wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 12:07 am
alexa wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 12:04 am ok there's a chance this is an awful read but brad increasing the font size and bolding a line he previously wrote as mafia to say jokingly that he's town here may be town indicative

i don't really care about this that much because i'll prob have a solid read on him outside of microtells by EOD anyway but

vibes
It was just copy/pasta I decided to use.

You know how to read me anyways so you'll find me town for other reasons that are correct.
this is probably the closest thing i got to a ping, because i felt like lime coke was talking to alexa in this post like he already knew that she was town. i know that LC tends to be pretty trusting of alexa regardless of her alignment, but i would expect his attitude toward her at the beginning of the game to be a little bit more cynical/suspicious
i mean, i don't think whether or not he adds "iF uR tOWn hehehehehe" to that makes much of a difference, it's kind of assumed, and i talk to people like that as town all the time. whenever people add "if you're town" it feels forced to me, even though i do it sometimes anyways
yeah, you're probably right that there's an implicit "if you're town" at the end of that post - it's just the usage of: "you WILL find me as town" that struck me as off and made me think he might be trying to do some false bravado thing
Alexa defends me, and SPF says "Okay, sure, yeah, I'm still pinged by it though and won't call him town for it."

staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 6:46 pm
fingersplints wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 2:26 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 2:21 pm Also, I want to say this: HELP! HELP! I'm an easy target, this game as any. Especially since I won't be around at EoD. I'm so afraid I'll be chopped D1!
Is Dizzy an easy target? I haven’t seen so but others probably have more experience with them than me.
This post is having the opposite effect than I’m sure was intended for me at least. Just seems a bit early for help save me posts
i suppose this post is kind of towny in the sense that it's the first post in the game that feels like a genuine attempt to dig into another persons mindset and figure them out - the rest of the ~scumhunting~ in the thread prior to this point came off as a lot more surface level
staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 6:48 pm
alexa wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 2:35 pm LC's been fine

i kinda want to call dizzy town too but i'm not sure how well i can read them (:thefear:), BUT i just went back and looked at the start of fleabag mafia and feel like they were much more standardly pockety right off the bat, whereas here they have a similar energy but seem much more careful about their reads, so yeah, would lean town there
how did dizzy come off as being "much more careful about his reads" when he posted a list of 4 townreads (or potential townreads) on page 2? the fact that he was getting so many reads so quickly is exactly why i was worried about him lol
Example of discrediting of "Why is this towny for them? I was pinged by him by it."
staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 7:01 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 6:57 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 6:52 pmi tend to be suspicious of people with perspectives that i can't understand. i felt frustrated reading the first 2 pages because of how bland and NAI everything was coming off to me, and you making a post with 4 townreads in such a null threadstate felt like a potential indication that the reason youre not struggling to make reads is because you have TMI
If it's any consolation, I've already tossed those reads out, and I agree that things have been bland.

When Alison pushed Gira, I had half a thought that she did it on purpose to pressure Gira specifically, because Gira is pressure-able (cross referenced in my mind with a different game). And if Alison did that on purpose, it's towny for her. But I'm less convinced it was strategic, and probably just a genuine push. I mean, could be both of course. But why am I even making assumptions about it.

Explaining my thoughts are kind of blah right now, cause I don't feel all that enthused tbh, so it's a lot of maybe this maybe that.
okay i changed my mind, i think that you might be town now but im struggling to explain why i find this post towny because i am also unenthused and my brain is tired
Changes to a townread but doesn't go into the reason why and cites being tired, which feels like her trying to have an escape route to the townread.
staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 7:44 pm
Esooa wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 7:33 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 7:30 pm [VOTE: esooa] aubergine
why this
i feel like you are trying to project towniness harder than the recent towngames ive seen from you, and the post that u made about me when i first started posting felt a little pockety so im voting u and seeing what happens
I thought SPF townread Esooa at first, but she didn't, and just voted her and outed a reason for a scumread.
staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 7:52 pm
Esooa wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 7:46 pm
why this
i feel like you are trying to project towniness harder than the recent towngames ive seen from you, and the post that u made about me when i first started posting felt a little pockety so im voting u and seeing what happens
in what way am I trying to project towniness
"trying to project towniness" might be the wrong way to put it (i was primarily basing that off of what you said on #168) - your posts just come off as "open" in this game in a way that's distinct from the recent towngames i've seen from you - like in the recent hydra game we played, i felt like you were taking joy in being coy and deflective about your reads and it was part of the reason why i townread you

but i guess the circumstances of this game are so different that it's prolly not a good comparison
Continuation of scumread.
I basically just wolf cased SPF and explained why what she's doing is in her wolf range.
the most egregious thing about this post is the fact that u imply that i lied about being "tired" to avoid having to give a reason to townread dizzy, and then ignore the specific reasoning that i gave him to townread him in the very next post. this implies to me that you are either:

A. not closely reading my posts

B. deliberately omitting posts to make your case look better

im pretty sure that it's B, and that is confirmed by the fact that you just made a post implying that youre 100% confident that im going to flip wolf without actually responding to any of my points. i think that you might be at the point of no return at this point so im not sure if it's worth it for me to keep responding to this lol
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:50 pm
can you talk about this more? my perception of SPF's wolf play has been that she is very pockety toward specific people and her being more wary of people as a whole is village-indicative. i know you like, intensely studied her last wolf game or whatever though or W/E, did it seem similar to here?
Read the last wolf game SPF was in on MU, her immediate start is just throwing shade and scumreads, and outed like 1 townread and put a gigantic backdoor to it so that she can keep a ML available.

This game she's come in and started throwing shade often on most of the content in the game, and most of the responses of "Why do you find this person towny for that reason? I think that's rather awkward-" which is discrediting like crazy.

She's not taking firm stances on ANYTHING, she's put 1 person as a strong townread which was Alison and that's relatively it.
so, why do you think that i'm "not taking firm stances on anything"? is it because i'm a wolf that's so scared of playing this game that im incapable of taking firm stances on anyone? is it because i'm scared of drawing negative attention to myself so i'm playing a more lowkey game? i feel like you, of all people, should know that im not afraid to draw attention to myself as a wolf

or could it be that at the time that you made this post, i had only been playing the game for a very short amount of time and all of the pings that i was getting hadn't crystalized into solid reads yet? could it be that i WAS collecting reads that i felt good about but that i decided to wait until after my work event to go into more detail? could it be that going the first few hours of a game without outing confident reads is standard behavior for me as either alignment? (even though, ironically, i tend to be more confident as a wolf than as a villager)
Because "Not taking firm stances" is something you just do as a wolf, is literally the only way I can respond to this. Like I've seen you say something along the lines of you struggle with TMI as a wolf, so a chance you're afraid to spew someone as town? I don't know, that's on you in regards to your wolf game I wish I could explain it.

I feel as though you would try to work with something in the game if you were town. Like I get the first couple of hours sucked because no one was around, but people were posting, there was stuff going on while you were online.
staypositivefriend
Hitman

alexa wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:07 pm 16/8er continued:

>Thinks she probably shouldn't find [a villager's] attitude towny but she does
>Says her #1 wolftell is handling TMI poorly
>Votes Esooa (a villager) randomly/out of nowhere
staypositivefriend;5426903 wrote:[V]Esooa[/V]

uwu

LMAO IM LAUGHING IF SHE'S SCUM AND LITERALLY DID THE SAME TWO THINGS HERE RIGHT AWAY, that almost seems too easy

if SPF is scum, Esooa is even harder town though.
? even if i'm a wolf in this game, it wouldn't be "the same two things", because i had specific reasoning for voting esooa in this game, but my reasoning for voting esooa in the wolfgame was a meme vote to get her attention and make it look like i was genuinely trying to "solve" her
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Lime Coke wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:08 pm

uwu

LMAO IM LAUGHING IF SHE'S SCUM AND LITERALLY DID THE SAME TWO THINGS HERE RIGHT AWAY, that almost seems too easy

OH MY GOD

YOOOOOOOOO!
am i in purgatory
Esooa
Made Man
Posts in topic: 174
Preferred Pronouns: She/her

Post by Esooa »

yea
I’ll come clean team. I have failed you.
I never expected to survive the night. I was very confused about the char flip and I was on my way to a very hot date. We stayed overnight to celebrate my girl bday and vday weekend. Last thing in my mind was the game... I never submitted an action last night. :doh:
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

uwu

Also...this...you did this as well in your last scum game. Like I don't know if it's total habit or what but I can't NOT see you flipping wolf here.
ilario
Racketeer

Post by ilario »

Ehhhh I think I may have egg on my face but spfs recent posts do bother me kinda. @spf it feels like you’re trying too hard to make their pushes on you seem absurd when you use words like “there is no way you can make that comparison with a straight face”

“He has absolutely no idea how to read my meta”

It just feels ummm very drastic and not how I’d expect you to react as you’re kinda used to early pressure as town so this kinda reaction feels a bit overblown.

Also the use of caps lock in some of your recent posts felt inauthentic to me but I really have no idea how to explain that point lol
staypositivefriend
Hitman

alexa wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:23 pm mm ok, my overall conclusion is that brad is Valid in saying that spf's play this game compares to her scumplay in 16/8er, there are a lot of glaring similarities, but i'm also not convinced that this is out of her townrange in the way she treats reads when she hasn't fully gotten into a game yet, like in deck mafia when i was tunneling her for what i think is something kinda similar... brad is just solid town for this whole thing, SPF probably null lean scum but not to the never rescind point

also yes brad, you were pushing her on D2 in venom. she had some mech stuff against her but i could still tell she was town
i genuinely think that it might be outing for you to be bolstering lime coke's meta case on me, because respectfully, the comparison between the 18/10er game and this game is absolutely terrible and there is no way that a reasonable person can look at my opening posts in that game vs this game and say there are "glaring similarities"

[VOTE: alexa] aubergine
alexa
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 427
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers/herself

Post by alexa »

ilario wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:52 pm
do you want me to lie and make up townreads that i dont actually have? i wasnt gonna force myself to out townreads in the first 4 pages of the game if i didnt authentically come up with any, but that does NOT mean that i'm afraid to make townreads in this game. i called ilario towny and dyslexicon towny and mac towny and that was within the first few hours of the game

accussing me of being afraid to out townreads when ive outed multiple townreads shows me that you arent reading my posts with a careful attention to detail at ALL and are almost certainly overreacting based on the fact that i outed a reason to be mildly suspicious of you within the first few pages of the game (which for the record, i get no benefit from doing as a wolf because i know exactly how it would make you react, and my goal as a wolf would ultimately be to pocket you and try to get you on my good side)

and "wants to give reasons to wolfread people" makes even less sense when ive outed more townreads in this game than i have wolfreads, and the wolfreads that i have outed i have backed away from
Hmmm I kinda wish anne was here because of something she said in another game and I’d wanna know how she reads this particular post.
let's be real, if anne was here she'd be wolfing
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

oh cool i'm happy w/my vote on SPF =)
staypositivefriend
Hitman

ilario wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:01 pm Ehhhh I think I may have egg on my face but spfs recent posts do bother me kinda. @spf it feels like you’re trying too hard to make their pushes on you seem absurd when you use words like “there is no way you can make that comparison with a straight face”

It just feels ummm very drastic and not how I’d expect you to react as you’re kinda used to early pressure as town so this kinda reaction feels a bit overblown.

Also the use of caps lock in some of your recent posts felt inauthentic to me but I really have no idea how to explain that point lol
tbh youre right that im overreacting to his push a little bit - i guess that i just felt a little ambushed when i came back to the thread and saw that i was the leading wagon based off of the stuff that lime coke was posting. if there's one thing that i cant stand in mafia games it's when i feel like im being misrepresented or misunderstood, and lime coke's specific reasoning to scumread feels (fmpov) so easily disprovable that my default instinct is just to shoot him down as much as i possibly can

i should probably take a step back and focus on solving outside, but it's hard
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

alexa wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:02 pm
ilario wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:52 pm

let's be real, if anne was here she'd be wolfing
Anne is above Alexa in my townreads list as we speak. She's just townier. :shrug:
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:04 pm
ilario wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:01 pm Ehhhh I think I may have egg on my face but spfs recent posts do bother me kinda. @spf it feels like you’re trying too hard to make their pushes on you seem absurd when you use words like “there is no way you can make that comparison with a straight face”

tbh youre right that im overreacting to his push a little bit - i guess that i just felt a little ambushed when i came back to the thread and saw that i was the leading wagon based off of the stuff that lime coke was posting. if there's one thing that i cant stand in mafia games it's when i feel like im being misrepresented or misunderstood, and lime coke's specific reasoning to scumread feels (fmpov) so easily disprovable that my default instinct is just to shoot him down as much as i possibly can

whats up
I never expected to survive the night. I was very confused about the char flip and I was on my way to a very hot date. We stayed overnight to celebrate my girl bday and vday weekend. Last thing in my mind was the game... I never submitted an action last night. :doh:
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:52 pm
alexa wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 9:57 pm 16/8er -

SPF outs a scumread on Amrock (a villager)
Outs a townread on illwei
staypositivefriend;5426839 wrote:i feel like i should have more reads right now but i honestly dont

i hope people will be around during the last few hours of the EOD, which is the main time ill be able to reliably post in this game
then says this

........ok i see where brad is drawing the comparison tbh lmao

[VOTE: SPF] aubergine
....are you kidding me? i opened the 16/18er game by posting a SCUMCASE on amrock and then posting a long, elaborate reason for why i thought illwei was a villager, and "then" said that i didn't have many other reads

in this game, i opened the game with no reads, and then continued to slowly develop them as i posted more and got more into the game. there is no way you can make that comparison with a straight face
my face isn't straight, it's gay
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Lime Coke wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:48 pm Keep in mind, you know how much I respect your game, I've literally taken things from your games and included them into mine and I've talked to you about them.
You have shaded me in the past and I haven't reacted in the same way, I responded to them but I didn't tunnel you back.

I wouldn't be onto you if I wasn't confident in you flipping scum, if I think you're town I would be working with you.
you shouldnt have to think that im town for you to work with me, and that's part of the problem. if youre convinced that im scum and youre only willing to work with me if you think im town, that's a recipe for confirmation biasing yourself. the reason why im responding to your posts so aggressively is because the conviction and the confidence behind your push is clearly real, and it's real to the extent that i don't really think you would be capable of faking as a wolf (and if you did, then you've significantly surpassed the wolfrange that i've seen from you in the past)
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:57 pm

uwu

? even if i'm a wolf in this game, it wouldn't be "the same two things", because i had specific reasoning for voting esooa in this game, but my reasoning for voting esooa in the wolfgame was a meme vote to get her attention and make it look like i was genuinely trying to "solve" her
maybe
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

@staypositivefriend

If you want I can take my vote off of you for the time being and let you get into the game. If I'm wrong your reads are huge for the game.

I feel like after reading your wolf game I figured out what you do as mafia, and I feel like I can actually have a confident read on you and not be shot down with "He just blindly townreads her."

I might've also gotten excited, so sorry if I upset you.
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

idk i don't really think SPF is hard lock scum, but brad has actually had a semi-decent history of reading her and i don't want to ignore a time he scumreads someone who i would expect him to ride-or-die defend most of the time, especially after he said he carefully reviewed her meta
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

However get your vote off of Alexa.
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Lime Coke wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:57 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:50 pm

Because "Not taking firm stances" is something you just do as a wolf, is literally the only way I can respond to this. Like I've seen you say something along the lines of you struggle with TMI as a wolf, so a chance you're afraid to spew someone as town? I don't know, that's on you in regards to your wolf game I wish I could explain it.

I feel as though you would try to work with something in the game if you were town. Like I get the first couple of hours sucked because no one was around, but people were posting, there was stuff going on while you were online.
but why do you think that i wasnt trying to work with people and get reads when i was posting in the thread? do you think that posts like:
staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 6:52 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 6:50 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 6:48 pmhow did dizzy come off as being "much more careful about his reads" when he posted a list of 4 townreads (or potential townreads) on page 2? the fact that he was getting so many reads so quickly is exactly why i was worried about him lol
Why do you worry about that?

I'm getting tons of reads and also none.
Seems normal, in my humble opinion.
i tend to be suspicious of people with perspectives that i can't understand. i felt frustrated reading the first 2 pages because of how bland and NAI everything was coming off to me, and you making a post with 4 townreads in such a null threadstate felt like a potential indication that the reason youre not struggling to make reads is because you have TMI
staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 7:02 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 7:01 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 6:57 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 6:52 pmi tend to be suspicious of people with perspectives that i can't understand. i felt frustrated reading the first 2 pages because of how bland and NAI everything was coming off to me, and you making a post with 4 townreads in such a null threadstate felt like a potential indication that the reason youre not struggling to make reads is because you have TMI
If it's any consolation, I've already tossed those reads out, and I agree that things have been bland.

When Alison pushed Gira, I had half a thought that she did it on purpose to pressure Gira specifically, because Gira is pressure-able (cross referenced in my mind with a different game). And if Alison did that on purpose, it's towny for her. But I'm less convinced it was strategic, and probably just a genuine push. I mean, could be both of course. But why am I even making assumptions about it.

Explaining my thoughts are kind of blah right now, cause I don't feel all that enthused tbh, so it's a lot of maybe this maybe that.
okay i changed my mind, i think that you might be town now but im struggling to explain why i find this post towny because i am also unenthused and my brain is tired
i think it's mostly because the explanation in this post is a little sloppy/thrown together whereas i recall that dizzy's posts in the wolfgames ive seen from him are a lot Fancier and well-thought out, particularly if he's being interrogated by another person
staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 7:52 pm
Esooa wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 7:46 pm
why this
in what way am I trying to project towniness
"trying to project towniness" might be the wrong way to put it (i was primarily basing that off of what you said on #168) - your posts just come off as "open" in this game in a way that's distinct from the recent towngames i've seen from you - like in the recent hydra game we played, i felt like you were taking joy in being coy and deflective about your reads and it was part of the reason why i townread you

but i guess the circumstances of this game are so different that it's prolly not a good comparison
aren't me trying to work with people? i think you might be correct that i tend to avoid taking firm stances as a wolf more often than a villager (particularly if the playerlist is really small like it was in the vig 10/8er), but poking at stuff and then slowly developing reads from there is just standard play for me as either alignment, and i feel like youre poking at how i play mafia in general more than youre poking specifically at how i play mafia as a wolf

i wont claim that im out of my wolfrange, cause i just looked at my own ISO and i was definitely just joking around/taking it more casually during the first few hours of the game, but there is nothing specific about me taking it easy or not taking many specific stances in the beginning hours of the game that is unusual for me, and i dont understand why you think it is
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:02 pm
alexa wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:23 pm mm ok, my overall conclusion is that brad is Valid in saying that spf's play this game compares to her scumplay in 16/8er, there are a lot of glaring similarities, but i'm also not convinced that this is out of her townrange in the way she treats reads when she hasn't fully gotten into a game yet, like in deck mafia when i was tunneling her for what i think is something kinda similar... brad is just solid town for this whole thing, SPF probably null lean scum but not to the never rescind point

also yes brad, you were pushing her on D2 in venom. she had some mech stuff against her but i could still tell she was town
i genuinely think that it might be outing for you to be bolstering lime coke's meta case on me, because respectfully, the comparison between the 18/10er game and this game is absolutely terrible and there is no way that a reasonable person can look at my opening posts in that game vs this game and say there are "glaring similarities"

this is an insane over-reaction and you should realize this

you're very aware i know you OMGUS, why would i bother to "bolster" that stuff as scum?
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Lime Coke wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:09 pm @staypositivefriend

If you want I can take my vote off of you for the time being and let you get into the game. If I'm wrong your reads are huge for the game.

I feel like after reading your wolf game I figured out what you do as mafia, and I feel like I can actually have a confident read on you and not be shot down with "He just blindly townreads her."

yeah i mean, my recommendation for any game when im being pressured early on is basically just: "leave me alone and let me do my own thing", because i tend to towntell a lot more naturally when i dont feel like im being pressured and i have the space to scumhunt on my own terms

that said, i'm also sorry for overreacting to your push in a way more aggressive way than i should have - that was just me being in a sour mood, and i wouldn't want you to unvote me for it. you should continue pushing on me if you really truly think that im mafia
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

@Esooa why the fuck are you silent voting me?
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

omg lol if spf is a wolf posting that
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

alexa wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:17 pm @Esooa why the fuck are you silent voting me?
Lime Coke wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:12 pm However get your vote off of Alexa.
cause this
staypositivefriend
Hitman

alexa wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:15 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:02 pm

this is an insane over-reaction and you should realize this

you're very aware i know you OMGUS, why would i bother to "bolster" that stuff as scum?
yeah, ill admit that that was a snap overreaction because i thought that it stretched credibility that you and lime coke were both misreading me that badly

it's kind of like that time in big money mafia when i suddenly said "there's definitely a wolf in super/krista because both of them wouldnt be reading me in this way" but then i realized they were both town when i took a step back from the game. that's an oldschool comparison, but i was in a similar mindset

[VOTE: unvote] aubergine
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:17 pm
Lime Coke wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:09 pm @staypositivefriend

yeah i mean, my recommendation for any game when im being pressured early on is basically just: "leave me alone and let me do my own thing", because i tend to towntell a lot more naturally when i dont feel like im being pressured and i have the space to scumhunt on my own terms

that said, i'm also sorry for overreacting to your push in a way more aggressive way than i should have - that was just me being in a sour mood, and i wouldn't want you to unvote me for it. you should continue pushing on me if you really truly think that im mafia
I probably should realize that you get hard pushed often in games as town and doing that probably wouldn't make things any better, so I'll leave you alone for now.
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

[VOTE: wilgy] aubergine
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

Not a serious vote more of a middle finger.
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

LC is innocent child
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

Alexa is also innocent child.
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

Esooa is also *paparazzi drags me away before i can out a lock town read but OBVIOUS TOWN*
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

alexa wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:24 pm Esooa is also *paparazzi drags me away before i can out a lock town read but OBVIOUS TOWN*
I'm surprised it's that obvious, mostly because the depth of thought I've put into read isn't much, but I do think my navigation of the thread has been obvious town
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

@alexa
FYI you're on 81 posts now.
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Esooa wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:05 pm

whats up
i dunno, i think that ilario had the towniest reaction out of all the people who reacted to lime coke's push on me because he specifically reached out to ask me a thoughtful/reasonable question instead of just commentating from the sidelines and letting me/LC fight. i think that LC is probably just town so i anticipate that a wolf would want to subtly encourage T/T violence without really directly involving themselves

through that lens, the timing of falcon's vote on me was kind of wolfy but im pretty sure ive incorrectly pushed on falcon in every single game ive ever played with him so im gonna give that read some time to simmer lol
staypositivefriend
Hitman

staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:28 pm
Esooa wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:05 pm

whats up
i dunno, i think that ilario had the towniest reaction out of all the people who reacted to lime coke's push on me because he specifically reached out to ask me a thoughtful/reasonable question instead of just commentating from the sidelines and letting me/LC fight. i think that LC is probably just town so i anticipate that a wolf would want to subtly encourage T/T violence without really directly involving themselves

through that lens, the timing of falcon's vote on me was kind of wolfy but im pretty sure ive incorrectly pushed on falcon in every single game ive ever played with him so im gonna give that read some time to simmer lol
also i think that ilario might be town for another reason that ill discuss toward the EOD
staypositivefriend
Hitman

fwiw i dont really agree that esooa is obvious town and i think that she's still within her wolfrange (that might just be because ive gotten fooled by her before and im more naturally paranoid about misreading her) but i do agree that her posts over the last page or two are pretty towny - mostly cause i feel like she's playing aimlessly and reactively and she tends to have a specific agenda or path she wants to circle back to as a wolf
staypositivefriend
Hitman

alexa wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:20 pm [VOTE: wilgy] aubergine
why him?
Esooa
Made Man

Post by Esooa »

staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:33 pm fwiw i dont really agree that esooa is obvious town and i think that she's still within her wolfrange (that might just be because ive gotten fooled by her before and im more naturally paranoid about misreading her) but i do agree that her posts over the last page or two are pretty towny - mostly cause i feel like she's playing aimlessly and reactively and she tends to have a specific agenda or path she wants to circle back to as a wolf
so basically my read on myself
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:33 pm fwiw i dont really agree that esooa is obvious town and i think that she's still within her wolfrange (that might just be because ive gotten fooled by her before and im more naturally paranoid about misreading her) but i do agree that her posts over the last page or two are pretty towny - mostly cause i feel like she's playing aimlessly and reactively and she tends to have a specific agenda or path she wants to circle back to as a wolf
ok i will consider this since we agreed on our read on her in g5, but yeah it's more of a town lean, i wouldn't be completely shocked if she's wolf but i really feel like she's not
Lime Coke
Hitman

Post by Lime Coke »

Esooa wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:36 pm
You misread yourself too?

I hate when that happens.
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

Lime Coke wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:27 pm @alexa
FYI you're on 81 posts now.
we have 150 this game so that's not too bad

does cap lift before EOD or no?
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Esooa wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 11:36 pm
if u posted something similar about urself then i didnt see it bcuz im cool and original
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

it lifts 1 hour before EOD nvm

Return to “Previous Heists”