GAME OF CHAMPIONS 2021 Endgame (town and 3p win)

Hell yeah?

Hell yeah
13%
HELL YEAH
63%
k
25%

Total votes: 16
Phil and Gloria
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 805

Re: GAME OF CHAMPIONS 2021 D3

Post by Phil and Gloria »

Wilgy, Sloonei, Creature are 3 wolves poe clamped and dining out on me imo.
Phil and Gloria
Corrupt Union Official

btw Pokemon Legends Arceus is dope.
Creature
Made Man
Posts in topic: 1419

Post by Creature »

You might be right on DrWilgy and Sloonei so I am happy enough.
Phil and Gloria
Corrupt Union Official

Creature wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 5:52 pm
Phil and Gloria wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 5:51 pm
Creature wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 5:49 pm Should sabie shoot within that POE list? It feels like we're getting into a shoot (correctly) or lose situation.
I've not run numbers but I'd be inclined to demand Sabie holster.
Nah, there's a significant risk wolves can endgame tonight if they received vig shots as prizes.
Sounds like bullshit.
Phil and Gloria
Corrupt Union Official

Creature wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 5:52 pm Do you want to bus Sloonei?
What does this even mean?
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Holstering vig shots still look like a bad idea. That's why we should be discussing who is most likely wolf here besides TSP so if someone receives a vig shot they have the basis to get it right.
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Phil and Gloria wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 5:54 pm
Creature wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 5:52 pm
Phil and Gloria wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 5:51 pm
Creature wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 5:49 pm Should sabie shoot within that POE list? It feels like we're getting into a shoot (correctly) or lose situation.
I've not run numbers but I'd be inclined to demand Sabie holster.
Nah, there's a significant risk wolves can endgame tonight if they received vig shots as prizes.
Sounds like bullshit.
11 v 4 after TSP lynch. Worst case scenario soup gets five town players killed. 6 v 4. Then there are the unclaimed poetry event prizes. If both the event prizes are vig shots wolves have the numbers to bring it to 4 v 4 and win.
Phil and Gloria
Corrupt Union Official

Belzy wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 3:47 pm
Master Radishes wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 3:36 pm
Belzy wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 3:25 pm
Master Radishes wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 3:14 pm
Belzy wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 3:12 pm
Master Radishes wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 3:00 pm And everyone has gone for a rest now that we have TSP lined up, and I get that, but honestly @alexa @Belzy @Porscha @falcon45ca you guys are increasingly likely to be souped soon, so now may be your last chance to say things.
Lynch Mac.
Why? What's your reasoning?

And what else? Who else do you scumread or townread? Give me a rundown as a legacy post in case you get killed?
Tomorrow, start with lynching Mac no matter what. Likely continue with lynching Wilg and or Sloonei, maybe Sabie but not sure. I am not sure about jpic.
Can you expand on your reasoning for any of these?
ISO me.
I haven't posted in two days and you've gone from essentially ignoring me to I'm an outed mafia and must always die for the greater good in that time so you had best have your explanation canned for me and "ISO me" isn't good enough. Explain it again.
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

I know a vig shot tonight looks risky and I'd much rather we leave the suspects alive to the post-soup massclaim, but I'm afraid holstering may cost town the game.
Phil and Gloria
Corrupt Union Official

Creature wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 5:54 pm Holstering vig shots still look like a bad idea. That's why we should be discussing who is most likely wolf here besides TSP so if someone receives a vig shot they have the basis to get it right.
You're worried about the game being mech ended tonight but want someone who's killed 2 townies to fire again?
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Phil and Gloria wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 5:57 pm
Creature wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 5:54 pm Holstering vig shots still look like a bad idea. That's why we should be discussing who is most likely wolf here besides TSP so if someone receives a vig shot they have the basis to get it right.
You're worried about the game being mech ended tonight but want someone who's killed 2 townies to fire again?
It's what we have. If sabie is wolf vig, she is definitely using it whether we want it or not. If sabie is town vig, at least she has another shot to get it right.
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

If I receive a vig from the walrus event I am almost always using it tonight and I really want to get it right.
Phil and Gloria
Corrupt Union Official

Creature wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 5:57 pm I know a vig shot tonight looks risky and I'd much rather we leave the suspects alive to the post-soup massclaim, but I'm afraid holstering may cost town the game.
Your world. If we don't vig mafia the game might end because both poetry winners might have vig shots and mafia might soup exactly enough players to win with them.

My world. Sabie killing me is much more likely to = the game ending tonight than your speculative <rand reality.
Phil and Gloria
Corrupt Union Official

I am so insanely obviously town today. Just look at the quality of the pushes against me. Absolute ass cancer of the upper mouth.
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Phil and Gloria wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 6:00 pm
Creature wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 5:57 pm I know a vig shot tonight looks risky and I'd much rather we leave the suspects alive to the post-soup massclaim, but I'm afraid holstering may cost town the game.
Your world. If we don't vig mafia the game might end because both poetry winners might have vig shots and mafia might soup exactly enough players to win with them.

My world. Sabie killing me is much more likely to = the game ending tonight than your speculative <rand reality.
So one hour to convince her to go elsewhere.
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Phil and Gloria wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 6:03 pm I am so insanely obviously town today. Just look at the quality of the pushes against me. Absolute ass cancer of the upper mouth.
Welp Sloonei just decided to slap me as wolf with you because I decided to treat him the opposite way you did.
falcon45ca
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 317

Post by falcon45ca »

Phil and Gloria wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 6:03 pm I am so insanely obviously town today. Just look at the quality of the pushes against me. Absolute ass cancer of the upper mouth.
TBH, this kinda reads like a wolf who's frustrated that they're being SR when they feel they're playing a town game.

Who's in your POE?
we can't stop here...this is bat country!
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

If any of you receive a night 3 only vigilante shot from the walrus event will you all just not use it and let it be wasted?
Phil and Gloria
Corrupt Union Official

falcon45ca wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 6:07 pm
TBH, this kinda reads like a wolf who's frustrated that they're being SR when they feel they're playing a town game.

Who's in your POE?
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Paopan
sabie12
Creature
Justplayingitcool
DrWilgy
Phil and Gloria
Sloonei

This is our commonly agreed POE. If it is right we should have four wolves here. If someone outside picks one name, 4/7 chance to get it right. If sabie12 is town, from her perspective it will be 4/6 chance to get it right.

If the POE is wrong, we're likely losing anyway whether we vig tonight or not. But if the POE is right, we need to get rid of these names to stand a chance of winning.
falcon45ca
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 317

Post by falcon45ca »

Phil and Gloria wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 6:10 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 6:07 pm

Who's in your POE?
Ohhhhhh, I see, you just don't like it when others patronize you.

It's all good when you do it, right?

Riiiiiiiiight. Color me surprised
we can't stop here...this is bat country!
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImageImage
Phil and Gloria
Corrupt Union Official

yes exactly
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Still would like more input from the names outside the POE.
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

I think Phil and Gloria/Sloonei should contain at least one wolf but I'm not sure which I should trust.
Phil and Gloria
Corrupt Union Official

Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Creature wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 6:15 pm I think Phil and Gloria/Sloonei should contain at least one wolf but I'm not sure which I should trust.
That or it's some insane alexa + Belzy + LinearPoint + Porscha world.
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Are you lolcatting?
alexa
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 978
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers/herself

Post by alexa »

ok hi i've made it for EOD, sorry was travellling all day, I assume nothing major has happened?
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief
Posts in topic: 179
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/herself/they

Re: GAME OF CHAMPIONS 2021

Post by sabie12 »

Dyslexicon wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 8:18 pm I'm probably not going to catch up tonight, but I have a few things I want to say.

@Belzy I wasn't originally going to say anything, because I'm trying to be all cool lately. But I need to. You do realise that your read on me is entirely meme tier? I can not think of one single game where you don't scum read me first thing D1. I don't think you have mal intent here, but you seem to be operating with expectations of my play that are from 7 years ago. Please just consider this, and please spend time not only focusing on me.

Belzy
Sean
Guillo
Alexa

^These are the town reads I care the most about.

Sean cares about his own thoughts and suspicions and follows them up, and he's also doing classic town!Sean things in response to people either town reading him and accusing him.
Guillo has had many posts I found towny from him. Both Sean and Guillo are showing their paranoid town play styles imo. I think I'm pretty good at reading both of them actually.
Alexa is town for how she went about her role check on Nut. I also think that she wouldn't have a role check as mafia when that is how mafia makes the soup kill tbh, but that is kind of besides the point. Her posts are kind of "messy" in a way I find they are as town, while they are more deliberate as scum. I've also been pretty good at reading Alexa.

There's a bunch of players I town read to a lighter degree or even a pretty solid degree, probably too many, but the aforementioned are the ones I feel I have a better handle on reading.

In any case, I feel the game is in a pretty ok spot consensus-wise.

I have some concerns about Mac. Feels like he's not really landing any of his thoughts, and they seem to be a bit all over the place, which I find scummy for him.
I'm also suspicious of Scotty, feel like his posts are just awkward, trying to chime in but not really going anywhere.
Sabie is meh.

I think these are the things I've been thinking about the most.
So I'm trying to make sense of everything this game which is probably an impossible task. I know we have a poe kind of but there is just something that kind of stood out to me. I know people are thinking alexa is town because of her role cop thing but In reading dizzys iso I found this post where he mentions oh well it wouldn't make sense for mafia to have a role like that with soup kills being a thing....but like what if they did choose thier roles? I would think they would want a role like that on their team. Role cop is different than alignment cop so like obviously mafia wouldn't need an alignment cop but a role cop? Very helpful. I know there was also a protect claim but that just stood out to me. Porscha and belzy's clear also comes from this assumption. I think mafia benefits from confusing us and getting us to fight amongst ourselves or lull into a false sense of security. It definitely has worked on me because I've had a hard time figuring out what the right thing to do is. I'm only throwing this out there in case I die in the night and don't get a chance to share my thoughts.
Sometimes life does seem all planned out, like there's no choice in the matter. But that's just an illusion.
~Darren Shan~
Phil and Gloria
Corrupt Union Official

Creature wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 6:16 pm Are you lolcatting?
wtf I'm out
alexa
Loan Shark

Re: GAME OF CHAMPIONS 2021

Post by alexa »

sabie12 wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 6:18 pm
Dyslexicon wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 8:18 pm I'm probably not going to catch up tonight, but I have a few things I want to say.

@Belzy I wasn't originally going to say anything, because I'm trying to be all cool lately. But I need to. You do realise that your read on me is entirely meme tier? I can not think of one single game where you don't scum read me first thing D1. I don't think you have mal intent here, but you seem to be operating with expectations of my play that are from 7 years ago. Please just consider this, and please spend time not only focusing on me.

Belzy
Sean
Guillo
Alexa

^These are the town reads I care the most about.

Sean cares about his own thoughts and suspicions and follows them up, and he's also doing classic town!Sean things in response to people either town reading him and accusing him.
Guillo has had many posts I found towny from him. Both Sean and Guillo are showing their paranoid town play styles imo. I think I'm pretty good at reading both of them actually.
Alexa is town for how she went about her role check on Nut. I also think that she wouldn't have a role check as mafia when that is how mafia makes the soup kill tbh, but that is kind of besides the point. Her posts are kind of "messy" in a way I find they are as town, while they are more deliberate as scum. I've also been pretty good at reading Alexa.

There's a bunch of players I town read to a lighter degree or even a pretty solid degree, probably too many, but the aforementioned are the ones I feel I have a better handle on reading.

In any case, I feel the game is in a pretty ok spot consensus-wise.

I have some concerns about Mac. Feels like he's not really landing any of his thoughts, and they seem to be a bit all over the place, which I find scummy for him.
I'm also suspicious of Scotty, feel like his posts are just awkward, trying to chime in but not really going anywhere.
Sabie is meh.

I think these are the things I've been thinking about the most.
So I'm trying to make sense of everything this game which is probably an impossible task. I know we have a poe kind of but there is just something that kind of stood out to me. I know people are thinking alexa is town because of her role cop thing but In reading dizzys iso I found this post where he mentions oh well it wouldn't make sense for mafia to have a role like that with soup kills being a thing....but like what if they did choose thier roles? I would think they would want a role like that on their team. Role cop is different than alignment cop so like obviously mafia wouldn't need an alignment cop but a role cop? Very helpful. I know there was also a protect claim but that just stood out to me. Porscha and belzy's clear also comes from this assumption. I think mafia benefits from confusing us and getting us to fight amongst ourselves or lull into a false sense of security. It definitely has worked on me because I've had a hard time figuring out what the right thing to do is. I'm only throwing this out there in case I die in the night and don't get a chance to share my thoughts.
mafia did have a limited rolecop though: it was dizzy

i don't think my role is the only reason people are saying i'm town though, there's multiple mech things in my favor
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

alexa wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 6:17 pm ok hi i've made it for EOD, sorry was travellling all day, I assume nothing major has happened?
I think we need to be discussing who is most likely wolf among the POE incase someone has/receives a vig shot for tonight. I don't think holstering is ideal and we need to get the shots right tonight.
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Again, there's that crazy alexa + Belzy + LinearPoint + Porscha world. Belzy cleared Porscha. alexa cleared Belzy and Porscha. LinearPoint semi-cleared alexa and, as a result, semi-cleared themselves.
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

At least if they're all wolves that's four fewer names in the soup kill.
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

IMO Wilgy/Paopan are both good candidates for vig shot in the POE
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

idk I want to sheep Seanzie on Paopan and they also claimed some protective role
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Feels like we're either losing tonight or tomorrow
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

Creature wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 6:32 pm idk I want to sheep Seanzie on Paopan and they also claimed some protective role
but LP is also a protective role + there's no way to verify that
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

Creature wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 6:33 pm Feels like we're either losing tonight or tomorrow
if we do, i am ok taking the blame for what i outed. i am reallly bad about shutting up about role things when i'm frustrated about something and i'm sorry.
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 212

Post by DrWilgy »

Phil and Gloria wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 5:53 pm Wilgy, Sloonei, Creature are 3 wolves poe clamped and dining out on me imo.
I don't think I've been hard pressed on your spot. Do you feel like I've been?
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

alexa wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 6:25 pm IMO Wilgy/Paopan are both good candidates for vig shot in the POE
Just fuck my shit up fam
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

Has sprityo done anything this game? Or was it all just Mac?
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

DrWilgy wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 6:36 pm
alexa wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 6:25 pm IMO Wilgy/Paopan are both good candidates for vig shot in the POE
Just fuck my shit up fam
Paopan > you IMO
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief

Post by sabie12 »

I do feel like mac is scum based on his reactions. The Thing with creature is like I want to town read him but he has been noncommittal with votes both eod1 and 2 despite being so active with reads throughout the game. He and tsp seem compatible. It doesn't feel like mac and creature would be teammates though here and I feel like macyo has been scummier. Paopan had a scummy eod 2 with the sudden weird push away from gullio to maybe look towny on purpose felt like tmi. Wilgy eod 1 was weird like he was trying to push to get himself chopped. I don't feel like he and pao would be teammates either. Pao seems scummier to me of those two.
Sometimes life does seem all planned out, like there's no choice in the matter. But that's just an illusion.
~Darren Shan~
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

sabie12 wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 6:38 pm I do feel like mac is scum based on his reactions. The Thing with creature is like I want to town read him but he has been noncommittal with votes both eod1 and 2 despite being so active with reads throughout the game. He and tsp seem compatible. It doesn't feel like mac and creature would be teammates though here and I feel like macyo has been scummier. Paopan had a scummy eod 2 with the sudden weird push away from gullio to maybe look towny on purpose felt like tmi. Wilgy eod 1 was weird like he was trying to push to get himself chopped. I don't feel like he and pao would be teammates either. Pao seems scummier to me of those two.
tbh I think you have tried to solve the POE more than almost everybody else today
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

I thought I had explained eod1?

My goal was to make myself a target because of my role.

It didn't work.

Now I hunt normally.

That should dodge soup while explaining.
Image Image Image
Creature
Made Man

Post by Creature »

I don't get why Sloonei keeps getting excluded from POE though?
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief

Post by sabie12 »

Creature wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 6:40 pm I don't get why Sloonei keeps getting excluded from POE though?
I mentioned thoughts on sloonei earlier
~Darren Shan~
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Creature wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 6:40 pm I don't get why Sloonei keeps getting excluded from POE though?
He's cute.

Idk, I feel like he's been towny.

I don't think he should be allowed to lylo if we feel we are close, but I'm kinda in the same spot.
Image Image Image
alexa
Loan Shark

Post by alexa »

my POE is the same as when i talked about it before, with the caveat that it may change based on what happens with soup. if someone is being miscleared in illario/dya for the shot, it's much more likely dya than illario IMO. sadly i just haven't had the time to buckle down and solve this phase, but if i live to tomorrow i should get much more done

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”