Total votes: 8
Arcbell
The Mark
Posts in topic: 448
Preferred Pronouns: he/him
Aka: Object

Re: Ducktales Woo-oo D5

Post by Arcbell »

@Mizery you mentioned you saw my posts but didn't say what u thought of them. Thoughts?
Arcbell
The Mark

Post by Arcbell »

The ones on dizzy
Mizery
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 434

Post by Mizery »

at 7 v 1

5 v 1

3 v 1 - sleep

2 v 1

we have two misexes before we lose
Mizery
Drug Dealer

Post by Mizery »

Arcbell wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 1:07 pm @Mizery you mentioned you saw my posts but didn't say what u thought of them. Thoughts?
I'm really tired
Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 540

Post by Dyslexicon »

Arcbell wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 1:02 pm @Lag @Jack can you guys tell me I'm crazy if I'm crazy for thinking those quotes are Hollowcat trying to signal to Dizzy in a last-ditch effort to get them to unvote him?
Honestly, yeah it's kind of dumb. Because he was not trying to save himself by any measure. And even if I was mafia, what the fuck would he expect me to do there right before EoD. He was caught in a pretty bad contradiction and there wasn't a competing wagon. I had him in my PoE for a long time and he also ended up being my preferred vote on D2, so in a world where I was mafia, he doesn't wait until right before he's about to die for sure while not defending himself otherwise. I can see why you would notice these posts, but think about it. I don't really think he did any overt signalling anyway.

The simplest way to know I'm not mafia is to know I never kill NAA.
The next simplest way is to just read my posts.
Mizery
Drug Dealer

Post by Mizery »

why do you never kill NAA
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Arcbell wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 1:05 pm It's pretty weird that dizzy instead of just looking at my quotes and going "that isn't attempted signaling" is trying to convince me HK was scheming an an altruistic manner to help the mafia.

Makes me feel a bit better about the paranoia I'm feeling
I'm not trying to convince you of that lol. But it's certainly not unthinkable. I don't really care what HK tried or didn't try to do there.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Mizery wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 1:10 pm why do you never kill NAA
Because he's not a threat. He's an easy mischop.
Mizery
Drug Dealer

Post by Mizery »

Who do you think does kill NAA then and why
Arcbell
The Mark

Post by Arcbell »

Mizery wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 1:07 pm
Arcbell wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 1:07 pm @Mizery you mentioned you saw my posts but didn't say what u thought of them. Thoughts?
I'm really tired
valid
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Mizery wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 1:12 pm Who do you think does kill NAA then and why
I have talked much about this already. I think it's a really strange kill. Maybe someone who knows NAA less. I don't think it's DDL, cause he was pushing NAA. So was Arc, and I don't really think Arc is mafia here either. Honestly, I don't really think Jack does either, but I'm voting Jack so lol
Arcbell
The Mark

Post by Arcbell »

Dyslexicon wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 1:09 pm
Arcbell wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 1:02 pm @Lag @Jack can you guys tell me I'm crazy if I'm crazy for thinking those quotes are Hollowcat trying to signal to Dizzy in a last-ditch effort to get them to unvote him?
Honestly, yeah it's kind of dumb. Because he was not trying to save himself by any measure. And even if I was mafia, what the fuck would he expect me to do there right before EoD. He was caught in a pretty bad contradiction and there wasn't a competing wagon. I had him in my PoE for a long time and he also ended up being my preferred vote on D2, so in a world where I was mafia, he doesn't wait until right before he's about to die for sure while not defending himself otherwise. I can see why you would notice these posts, but think about it. I don't really think he did any overt signalling anyway.

The simplest way to know I'm not mafia is to know I never kill NAA.
The next simplest way is to just read my posts.
he's glomgold. he's a selfish **** by decree of rng. so in that situation I can imagine him softing enough that you're mafia to try to force you to unvote regardless of the negative impact on your towncred
Arcbell
The Mark

Post by Arcbell »

I have a burgeoning suspicion that the NAA kill was randed
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Arcbell wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 1:14 pmhe's glomgold. he's a selfish **** by decree of rng. so in that situation I can imagine him softing enough that you're mafia to try to force you to unvote regardless of the negative impact on your towncred
No, this doesn't work. First of all, signalling that to me right before EoD wouldn't do shit even if I was mafia.
Second of all, you keep looking at this from an entirely "this is his Winton" technical standpoint.
Too bad for you if you find it suspicious, but I'm pretty damn sure HK has been trying to help mafia this entire game, because that's the kind of person and player he is from my knowledge.

He also didn't try to save himself at all. Like, if he was that concerned with his Winton, why is he basically rolling over at the same time as you now think he could be signalling to me.

I know it's not a thing. But it's also just not a thing.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Arcbell wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 1:15 pm I have a burgeoning suspicion that the NAA kill was randed
I never have and probably will never rand a NK in my entire mafia career. And I've played some hundred games.

I don't know why you would rand a kill here or ever tbh.

I mean, I'm usually not that big on NK analysis. Because the answer is just unknown. This kill does stand out a lot though. I know I would never make it, regardless of whether people believe this or not.
Dyslexicon
<3

Re: Ducktales Woo-oo D1

Post by Dyslexicon »

Lag wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 7:47 pm
hollowkatt wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 7:44 pm plz be town lag
You're in luck this game ;)

I think it's been a while since we've been the same alignment now, hasn't it?
Scum confirmed

rekt
Arcbell
The Mark

Post by Arcbell »

I don't understand what makes you believe so strongly that hollowcat was just simplifying his role to "mafia." Normally people play to their win condition and not to other people's win conditions unless it makes no difference to them. Is there any evidence hollowcat doesn't do this by default?
Dyslexicon
<3

Re: Ducktales Woo-oo D1

Post by Dyslexicon »

Dyslexicon wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 7:47 pm
hollowkatt wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 7:44 pm plz be town lag
This is town

Falcon hk lime town. Lime maybe but ok
My drunk reads are really crushing it btw lolol
Arcbell
The Mark

Post by Arcbell »

Dyslexicon wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 1:21 pm
Arcbell wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 1:15 pm I have a burgeoning suspicion that the NAA kill was randed
I never have and probably will never rand a NK in my entire mafia career. And I've played some hundred games.

I don't know why you would rand a kill here or ever tbh.

I mean, I'm usually not that big on NK analysis. Because the answer is just unknown. This kill does stand out a lot though. I know I would never make it, regardless of whether people believe this or not.
Absence due to irl stuff is probably the only acceptable reason to rand a NK
Lumi
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 361
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/they/them
Aka: Luminous

Post by Lumi »

I saw them too.

Idk, I could see it going either way. It either spews Dizzy town or it spew Dizzy wolf. But figuring out which it is might not even be possible. In focusing on aspects for my Dizzy read
Arcbell
The Mark

Post by Arcbell »

Lag wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 1:26 pm
I saw them too.

Idk, I could see it going either way. It either spews Dizzy town or it spew Dizzy wolf. But figuring out which it is might not even be possible. In focusing on aspects for my Dizzy read
how would it spew dizzy town?
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Arcbell wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 1:23 pm I don't understand what makes you believe so strongly that hollowcat was just simplifying his role to "mafia." Normally people play to their win condition and not to other people's win conditions unless it makes no difference to them. Is there any evidence hollowcat doesn't do this by default?
It's something I believe. I don't understand why that's so weird to you tbh.

There is also evidence enough that he didn't care enough about his wincon to defend himself. He was lacklustre all game. I doubt he really cared or tried that hard. Or rather, evidentially not.

It's also not either/or btw. Like, he's not either playing as mafia or as 3p. His role was literally both.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

But I don't know who mafia is so.

When games feel like this, it does tend to me, I'll give you that lolololol

But alas.
Arcbell
The Mark

Post by Arcbell »

Dyslexicon wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 1:28 pm
Arcbell wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 1:23 pm I don't understand what makes you believe so strongly that hollowcat was just simplifying his role to "mafia." Normally people play to their win condition and not to other people's win conditions unless it makes no difference to them. Is there any evidence hollowcat doesn't do this by default?
It's something I believe. I don't understand why that's so weird to you tbh.

There is also evidence enough that he didn't care enough about his wincon to defend himself. He was lacklustre all game. I doubt he really cared or tried that hard. Or rather, evidentially not.

It's also not either/or btw. Like, he's not either playing as mafia or as 3p. His role was literally both.
Okay but like logically, he has no stake in a mafia win after his death. I'm pretty sure that no matter his effort level this game, he understands this when he's about to lose
Lumi
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Lumi »

Mizery wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 12:05 pm see my thing with lag is they kept saying "give me some time with miz to interact and I''m confident I will be able to read them" and not only have they still not put in effort to solve me, but they spent the time we were voth in thread memeing with me which I feel is completely >rand w from them
You don't need my permission to have reads on the game.

Your reads have been very shallow this game, to the point I'd be almost disappointed if you flip town because I'm used to you having solid reads when you're town. Not "blame lag for your own lack of depth"

[VOTE: Mizery] aubergine
Lumi
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Lumi »

Arcbell wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 1:28 pm
I saw them too.

HK altruistically framing someone when he knows he's lost.

People don't always plays completely logically
Arcbell
The Mark

Post by Arcbell »

Lag wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 1:33 pm
Arcbell wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 1:28 pm
I saw them too.

HK altruistically framing someone when he knows he's lost.

People don't always plays completely logically
Ik they don't always play completely logically but like.. altruistic framing? I can't get there.
Lumi
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Lumi »

Alternatively you could view HK logically helping mafia team altruistically even though it doesn't help his win rate at all because of gaining inter-game good will.

Same reasoning as to why he doesn't just out the entire mafia team during twilight - bad will. During twilight his win rate is 0 no matter what, so why not just out the last wolf?
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Arcbell wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 1:30 pmOkay but like logically, he has no stake in a mafia win after his death. I'm pretty sure that no matter his effort level this game, he understands this when he's about to lose
But emotionally, he probably still wants mafia to win. I'll bet my right ass cheek he's in spec right now cheering the last mafia on. I would probably do the same, though I'm very serious about my wincons.

Your argument is extremely short sighted here. If he was serious about saving himself, he would first of all put up some sort of fight or defence or case or anything. Second of all, in the event that I was mafia which I'm obviously not, and it was important to him that I didn't vote him, he could try to signal to me the first time I voted or at any earlier point. Blah. Doesn't matter. It's just not the case.

Like, you're literally arguing that the only thing he did was going "Haha, btw, I was the mafia 3p wink wink, which you'll see in 13 minutes anyway".

I mean, I get it, shiny, but also no.
Mizery
Drug Dealer

Post by Mizery »

Lag wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 1:31 pm
Mizery wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 12:05 pm see my thing with lag is they kept saying "give me some time with miz to interact and I''m confident I will be able to read them" and not only have they still not put in effort to solve me, but they spent the time we were voth in thread memeing with me which I feel is completely >rand w from them

Your reads have been very shallow this game, to the point I'd be almost disappointed if you flip town because I'm used to you having solid reads when you're town. Not "blame lag for your own lack of depth"

Lmfao
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Arcbell wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 1:35 pmIk they don't always play completely logically but like.. altruistic framing? I can't get there.
Like, I don't know what the fuck he was doing. Maybe the post was just for his own amusement, so we would go wild trying to look in his posts for "signalling" when in reality he did none. There's literally no way to know. What he didn't do and honestly wouldn't do is single out the last mafia specifically to go "wink wink wink wink wink oink I'm about to flip mafia 3p IT ME". So in fact, this should spew me town. Not because he was trying to do anything specific, but because he would be careful not to spray mud on the last mafia with his last breath.

Like, if I was the last mafia, I'd have a pretty good reason to be pissed if he did that. That would be bad form. But HK doesn't have bad form. His form is sexy.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

What have we learned?

Arc had no mercy in mafia.

He would probably ruthlessly buddy me, only to eat me for supper later.
Also, he's avatar is fully coffee tell
Mizery
Drug Dealer

Post by Mizery »

Nothing I'm doing is blaming you

I had a townread on LC, and a townread on Mac, i pushed hk

I never said i needed permission, but when you were given time to interact with me in thread it's how you used the time
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Dyslexicon wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 1:42 pm What have we learned?

Arc had no mercy in mafia.

He would probably ruthlessly buddy me, only to eat me for supper later.
Also, he's avatar is fully coffee tell
"Had" is totally poetic in this context.
Mizery
Drug Dealer

Post by Mizery »

blaming you for me not having reads * because I had reads*
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

I still don't know who mafia is.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

@MacDougall Who is mafia?
Mizery
Drug Dealer

Post by Mizery »

But now I'm left alive with my POE

and mac
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Low key, Mizery being proud of her HK vote is probably town indicative too.

Zomg everyone's so towny
Lumi
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Lumi »

Mizery wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 1:39 pm

Lmfao
You're E M P T Y

You're Election Day Miz
Not Draft Spec Miz

You're School of Rock Miz
Not Ghosts Miz

You're LG84 Miz
Not KRC Miz

You're Bisected Souls Miz
Not American Flag Nightless Miz

You're wolf Miz
Not town Miz

You're shallow reads Miz
Not deep reads Miz

You're OMGUS Miz
No more one liners
Drop some reads on every slot, will you?
Lumi
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Lumi »

Mizery wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 1:42 pm Nothing I'm doing is blaming you

I never said i needed permission, but when you were given time to interact with me in thread it's how you used the time
Cool past tense, how about the PRESENT?
Mizery
Drug Dealer

Post by Mizery »

Lag wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 1:46 pm

a present? awww you DID remember my birthday!
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Watch Jack being the mafia who forgot to send in a kill N3
Arcbell
The Mark

Post by Arcbell »

Lag wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 1:36 pm Alternatively you could view HK logically helping mafia team altruistically even though it doesn't help his win rate at all because of gaining inter-game good will.

Same reasoning as to why he doesn't just out the entire mafia team during twilight - bad will. During twilight his win rate is 0 no matter what, so why not just out the last wolf?
That makes sense, I don't think it's badwill to do what he actually did though. To out his wolf buddies definitely would be. I can't get my head around "subtle altruistic frame job" being a priority for him, but also you and dizzy are not both mafia so if you're both telling me this can be A Thing then maybe it's just something I don't understand about how people think
Mizery
Drug Dealer

Post by Mizery »

Lag wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 1:45 pm
Mizery wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 1:39 pm

Lmfao
You're E M P T Y

You're Election Day Miz
Not Draft Spec Miz

You're School of Rock Miz
Not Ghosts Miz

You're LG84 Miz
Not KRC Miz

You're Bisected Souls Miz
Not American Flag Nightless Miz

You're wolf Miz
Not town Miz

You're shallow reads Miz
Not deep reads Miz

You're OMGUS Miz
No more one liners
Drop some reads on every slot, will you?
unfortunately my townrange is wider than is good for it
Lumi
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Lumi »

Mizery wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 1:47 pm
Lag wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 1:46 pm

a present? awww you DID remember my birthday!
You told me your birthday the day of. :hug:
Mizery
Drug Dealer

Post by Mizery »

I think that as a wolf I am generally more agressive- In school of rock i went hard at sparklez d1, though in both lg84 and bisexual souls I wasn't even there for most of the time. I don't even remember election day so i suppose I can't speak on that
Mizery
Drug Dealer

Post by Mizery »

oh jack's watching the thread
Arcbell
The Mark

Post by Arcbell »

Dyslexicon wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 1:40 pm
Arcbell wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 1:35 pmIk they don't always play completely logically but like.. altruistic framing? I can't get there.
Like, I don't know what the fuck he was doing. Maybe the post was just for his own amusement, so we would go wild trying to look in his posts for "signalling" when in reality he did none. There's literally no way to know. What he didn't do and honestly wouldn't do is single out the last mafia specifically to go "wink wink wink wink wink oink I'm about to flip mafia 3p IT ME". So in fact, this should spew me town. Not because he was trying to do anything specific, but because he would be careful not to spray mud on the last mafia with his last breath.

Like, if I was the last mafia, I'd have a pretty good reason to be pissed if he did that. That would be bad form. But HK doesn't have bad form. His form is sexy.
Lol
Lumi
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Lumi »

What do you think of Jack, miz?
What do you think of Mac, miz?

What do you think of Dragon D, miz?
What do you think of Dizzy, me, miz?