Achromatic
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 632
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Sir Chris/Chris

Re: Mafia Misplay Mafia

Post by Achromatic »

@Neon

Just saw in your iso you asked why you. That was not an affirmative list but rather those who I hadn't gotten town vibes from yet so that's why you were included.
Achromatic
Money Launderer

Post by Achromatic »

Anyway to continue my 'why is achro doing this' I liked the le digh after voting me as being genuine from Neon and add them to my list. 3 life boats left.
Achromatic
Money Launderer

Post by Achromatic »

Achromatic wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 3:27 am Anyway to continue my 'why is achro doing this' I liked the le sigh after voting me as being genuine from Neon and add them to my list. 3 life boats left.
Ebwop
Lilypetal
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 746
Preferred Pronouns: she/her
Aka: lily

Post by Lilypetal »

Neon wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 3:25 am
Neon wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 3:24 am Neons amazing never wrong Day 1 town vibe reads

Achromatic, Nanook, Mac, Sabi, Lily
EBWOP...I play on mobile pls excuse all auto correct failures
Can you give a little bit on why you town read each of these players?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 493

Post by MacDougall »

@Achromatic if you are town then you have a wolf voting for you. Who is it?
Achromatic
Money Launderer

Post by Achromatic »

Moved my vote to jack so he knows I am thinking of him when he enters the thread. Hi jack.
Achromatic
Money Launderer

Post by Achromatic »

MacDougall wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 3:31 am @Achromatic if you are town then you have a wolf voting for you. Who is it?
I think town are much more likely to vote me early than wolves especially when I am playing like this so we will see how risii pans out but otherwise I suspect low wolf activity so far.
Achromatic
Money Launderer

Post by Achromatic »

Achromatic wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 3:32 am
MacDougall wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 3:31 am @Achromatic if you are town then you have a wolf voting for you. Who is it?
I think town are much more likely to vote me early than wolves especially when I am playing like this so we will see how risii pans out but otherwise I suspect low wolf activity so far.
Low wolf activity on voting me, to be clear.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

If you are town, you have a wolf voting on you more than 50% of the time. It is a phenomenon I have been tracking. The first wagon to get to 3 votes almost always has a mafia on it if they are town. I have caught wolves with this read in almost every game I've played in the last 2 years.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Me saying 50% is actually being conservative because I actually can't remember it being incorrect actually.
Achromatic
Money Launderer

Post by Achromatic »

MacDougall wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 3:33 am
If you are town, you have a wolf voting on you more than 50% of the time. It is a phenomenon I have been tracking. The first wagon to get to 3 votes almost always has a mafia on it if they are town. I have caught wolves with this read in almost every game I've played in the last 2 years.
Huh. That's cool. I don't think my own personal matches up with this very well off memory but that's a cool idea to track that and it makes sense then. The first three on me I believe were lily/porscha/esooa and I have them all town atm tho
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Achromatic wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 3:35 am
Huh. That's cool. I don't think my own personal matches up with this very well off memory but that's a cool idea to track that and it makes sense then. The first three on me I believe were lily/porscha/esooa and I have them all town atm tho
Tbh when I said the first wagon to get to 3 what I really meant was "any wagon that has 3 votes on it at the time I've made the observation always has 1 mafia on it". And if memory serves it has always been 1 as well and I think in this game that's even more likely to be the case. The thing is that if you already had 3, the wolf is unlikely to have taken their vote off you as well so I feel like that makes a difference check between Lily and Esooa.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

If that read is proven correct it also means risiinq and Porscha are town.
risiinq-
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 466
Aka: snow

Post by risiinq- »

Achromatic wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 3:15 am Hello new friend
halloo
Achromatic wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 3:21 am
risiinq- wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 3:14 am i dont know how to spell

[VOTE: Achromatic] aubergine
Also usually people say a person's name once in their iso before voting for them but I admire you just going for it. Why the vote?
oh, i haven't really had time to really get into the game yet and i'll only be able to when i get home so ive procrastinated on catching up and reading the game so i just felt like making a vote, ya know

during my quick skim on the page i was on and like, looking at the playerlist and who was being voted, i thought you seemed the most off in terms of being performative with reads fwiw
☆Princess Abigail☆
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 691
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by ☆Princess Abigail☆ »

Achromatic wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 3:25 am @Neon

Just saw in your iso you asked why you. That was not an affirmative list but rather those who I hadn't gotten town vibes from yet so that's why you were included.
That makes sense thank you for answering that ^^
Bubbly Magical Girl who loves Caitlin more than anything in the world!

Resident Juice Sipping Icon

ImageImage
Spoiler: show
You are Zenon, Town 1-shot Desperado. You’re known for posting a lot (namely in anime gif form), playing a lot, and, most importantly, making snap decisions – particularly in the endgame. In a recent game, Wild West FM, you were taken to final 3 and immediately voted the last wolf, resulting in a LyLo that was strictly speaking over in four minutes and two posts. This game, we’re giving you the chance to accomplish a similar feat.

High-Risk High-Reward (Day 2+, 1-shot, Immediate): Spend 6 Snapvote Charges, post Fuck it we ball glgl in bold red text, and ping a player. (When you use this ability, you should also inform the hosts privately.) If they are Town, you will strongman die. Otherwise, you will strongman kill that player. This action resolves instantly.
risiinq-
Corrupt Union Official

Post by risiinq- »

this is really weird now. i didnt realize there was /any/ new posts and there wasn't any pop up until i posted that post. i thought i arrived to a dead thread
Achromatic
Money Launderer

Post by Achromatic »

Well, I mean, calling me performative is not wrong usually.

Can I get a quote that best defines that read of yours please?
risiinq-
Corrupt Union Official

Post by risiinq- »

and this is a weird read, shrug
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

It started as an assumption about how wolves don't vote as pack at this point in games. Which in it's own right has proven correct time and time again. Probably north of 3/4 of the time. It isn't until a wagon gets to 5 that you tend to see more instances of 2 wolves being on the wagon.

I then I started noticing that when I had 3 vote wagons on me it was almost always 1w 2t. When I started actually taking that assumption and solving around it I honestly don't think it's been proven wrong yet.
risiinq-
Corrupt Union Official

Post by risiinq- »

MacDougall wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 3:38 am If that read is proven correct it also means risiinq and Porscha are town.
wat?
Achromatic
Money Launderer

Post by Achromatic »

MacDougall wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 3:37 am
Tbh when I said the first wagon to get to 3 what I really meant was "any wagon that has 3 votes on it at the time I've made the observation always has 1 mafia on it". And if memory serves it has always been 1 as well and I think in this game that's even more likely to be the case. The thing is that if you already had 3, the wolf is unlikely to have taken their vote off you as well so I feel like that makes a difference check between Lily and Esooa.
Well it seems like you already have a suspect in the form of esooa and I believe you expressed a town read on lily last page.

I did quick math and in this format this would prove to be true at random more than half the time so I can see why it might work a fair amount.
Lilypetal
Loan Shark

Post by Lilypetal »

If this is a correct theory rip esooa
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

risiinq- wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 3:44 am
MacDougall wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 3:38 am If that read is proven correct it also means risiinq and Porscha are town.
wat?
Achro had 3 votes on him earlier in the day. That means there was already a wolf voting him at that time. That wolf wouldn't have unvoted from that position. Porscha especially that holds true for. That means there is a wolf between lily/esooa. A second wolf would not wantonly add their vote to achro in this situation because wolves tend to not vote in packs. Ergo you are town.

It's all just game theory stuff ignore it if you want lol.
Achromatic
Money Launderer

Post by Achromatic »

Lilypetal wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 3:45 am
If this is a correct theory rip esooa
Or I am a wolf.
risiinq-
Corrupt Union Official

Post by risiinq- »

MacDougall wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 3:46 am
wat?
Achro had 3 votes on him earlier in the day. That means there was already a wolf voting him at that time. That wolf wouldn't have unvoted from that position. Porscha especially that holds true for. That means there is a wolf between lily/esooa. A second wolf would not wantonly add their vote to achro in this situation because wolves tend to not vote in packs. Ergo you are town.

do u think this holds true regardless of achromatic's alignemnt
Achromatic
Money Launderer

Post by Achromatic »

I love game theory tbh
☆Princess Abigail☆

Lilypetal wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 3:29 am
Neon wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 3:24 am Neons amazing never wrong Day 1 town vibe reads

It's mostly just a vibes thing. My day 1 vibe reads used to be the stuff of legend but I've been awful lately.

Anyways some of this is probably non AI but...I read into that all the time lol

Lily I feel like it's trying to drive the thread forward and is not really pushing an agenda imo

Mac feels genuine I believe what he was saying early even though people thought it was weird for him. I dunno none of this is AI but I vibe with it

Sabi feels like the town Sabi I remember playing with. Granted I've only played with town Sabi and we only recently played any games together but Sabi asking questions to try to get answers and drive content and their tone feels towny to me.

Nanook playing laid back and trying to relax this game...I dunno just don't think he'd do that as scum. Faked a check on me whatever every time someone has faked a check on me they are town

Achromatic these last several posts pinged me as town it all feels genuine and real I was scum reading them hard for the earlier stuff but I just buy this sincerity.

I'm a garbage player tear me apart xD

ImageImage
You are Zenon, Town 1-shot Desperado. You’re known for posting a lot (namely in anime gif form), playing a lot, and, most importantly, making snap decisions – particularly in the endgame. In a recent game, Wild West FM, you were taken to final 3 and immediately voted the last wolf, resulting in a LyLo that was strictly speaking over in four minutes and two posts. This game, we’re giving you the chance to accomplish a similar feat.

High-Risk High-Reward (Day 2+, 1-shot, Immediate): Spend 6 Snapvote Charges, post Fuck it we ball glgl in bold red text, and ping a player. (When you use this ability, you should also inform the hosts privately.) If they are Town, you will strongman die. Otherwise, you will strongman kill that player. This action resolves instantly.
risiinq-
Corrupt Union Official

Post by risiinq- »

neon seems town lol
Lilypetal
Loan Shark

Post by Lilypetal »

Neon wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 3:49 am

It's mostly just a vibes thing. My day 1 vibe reads used to be the stuff of legend but I've been awful lately.

Lily I feel like it's trying to drive the thread forward and is not really pushing an agenda imo

Mac feels genuine I believe what he was saying early even though people thought it was weird for him. I dunno none of this is AI but I vibe with it

Sabi feels like the town Sabi I remember playing with. Granted I've only played with town Sabi and we only recently played any games together but Sabi asking questions to try to get answers and drive content and their tone feels towny to me.

Nanook playing laid back and trying to relax this game...I dunno just don't think he'd do that as scum. Faked a check on me whatever every time someone has faked a check on me they are town

Achromatic these last several posts pinged me as town it all feels genuine and real I was scum reading them hard for the earlier stuff but I just buy this sincerity.

Thank you!!
Porscha
Made Man
Posts in topic: 653

Post by Porscha »

tearing apart garbage sounds like a racoon's job @MacDougall @Sabiplz

get to work
You're being an unacceptable level of stupid, with zero sexy, and no sense of humor.
Image ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Achromatic
Money Launderer

Post by Achromatic »

I agree with most of those reads and remember we all are reading the same topic. Don't tear yourself down, others will do it for you lol
☆Princess Abigail☆

Lilypetal wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 3:51 am
Neon wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 3:49 am

Thank you!!
Welcome <3 ^^

ImageImage

☆Princess Abigail☆

Achromatic wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 3:51 am I agree with most of those reads and remember we all are reading the same topic. Don't tear yourself down, others will do it for you lol
Being mean to myself is my mafia motif. Make everyone feel bad for me so they never vote me or something.

~~totally not just a lack of self confidence~~

ImageImage

Achromatic
Money Launderer

Post by Achromatic »

You can have some of mine I am told I have too much.
☆Princess Abigail☆

Achromatic wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 3:56 am You can have some of mine I am told I have too much.
Deal lol. My boyfriend just told me he wished I believed in myself more so I could use it xD

ImageImage

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

risiinq- wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 3:46 am
MacDougall wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 3:46 am
wat?

do u think this holds true regardless of achromatic's alignemnt
no, it's probably slightly under rand if he's mafia and not worth reading into. It requires him to be town, which is why I directed the question at him to begin with.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Porscha wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 3:51 am tearing apart garbage sounds like a racoon's job @MacDougall @Sabiplz

get to work
i don't think the reads are garbage lol

how am I a racoon?
Achromatic
Money Launderer

Post by Achromatic »

What's your lay of the land so far, mac?
risiinq-
Corrupt Union Official

Post by risiinq- »

well, apparently achro just chose to say that i am randlikely the wolf on his wagon bcuz he townreads everyone else and i am a "lowposting wolf"

¯\_ (ツ)_/¯

would like to know his follow up tho tbh
Achromatic
Money Launderer

Post by Achromatic »

risiinq- wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 4:03 am well, apparently achro just chose to say that i am randlikely the wolf on his wagon bcuz he townreads everyone else and i am a "lowposting wolf"

¯\_ (ツ)_/¯

I believe I said I dont think this theory holds true to my own history and I would have to see how you post for it to have merit and I mentioned that I believe there was low wolf activity on me meaning that wolves are unlikely voting me.

Funny how words can get mixed up.
outed wolf
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 43

Post by outed wolf »

Initial instinct was to townread Nanook and hollowkatt though that seems foolish and better off waiting.

Lily seems Wolfy to me.
Achromatic
Money Launderer

Post by Achromatic »

What about lily in particular do you have problems with?
risiinq-
Corrupt Union Official

Post by risiinq- »

Achromatic wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 4:05 am
risiinq- wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 4:03 am well, apparently achro just chose to say that i am randlikely the wolf on his wagon bcuz he townreads everyone else and i am a "lowposting wolf"

¯\_ (ツ)_/¯

I believe I said I dont think this theory holds true to my own history and I would have to see how you post for it to have merit and I mentioned that I believe there was low wolf activity on me meaning that wolves are unlikely voting me.

lol fair enough.

it's interesting how u think town will tend to vote u more though
outed wolf
Drug Dealer

Post by outed wolf »

Lmao have people been at each other's throats already

It's a fucking game

Please stop lol
outed wolf
Drug Dealer

Post by outed wolf »

Achromatic wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 4:08 am What about lily in particular do you have problems with?
Just the flow of her posts. Came across Wolfy to me.
Achromatic
Money Launderer

Post by Achromatic »

risiinq- wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 4:08 am
Achromatic wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 4:05 am

¯\_ (ツ)_/¯

lol fair enough.

it's interesting how u think town will tend to vote u more though
I tend to be pretty good at picking up when votes on me are predatory versus coming from trying to genuinely solve the game. Most of the time from my experience its the latter.
Achromatic
Money Launderer

Post by Achromatic »

For example of this, I was in a game on fol last month where I was mislynched day 2 and my wagon was pure. All 7 were town. It's just one of those things.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Achromatic wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 4:03 am What's your lay of the land so far, mac?
I gave some reads earlier, you were in the who the fuck knows category.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

outed wolf wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 4:17 am Lmao have people been at each other's throats already

It's a fucking game

Please stop lol
not like, really badly lol... no worse than an average game
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

lol @ lilypetal silently moving her vote off achro

Return to “Previous Hustles”