Moderator: Community Team

hollowkatt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 424

Re: Mafia Misplay Mafia

Post by hollowkatt »

santygrass wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 8:09 pm
Achromatic wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 8:06 pm
santygrass wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 8:04 pm I catched up like 20 pages in one go, while also struggling to read them cuz ut was literally between classes , while logging out and trying to adapt my eyes to the forum.
So I know my analysis of the game isnt going to be good, and like, I dont feel like tryharding the game anyways.
While Catching up I had already blade vote and Sabi questioned about me felt ???? My feeling is that Im going to get misyeeted either way cuz Im not going to put the necesary effort and people are going to be wary regardless.

I had some townreads but no wolfread I feel good about so im just vibing in thread and if people are going to yeet me then oh well
Less complain more explain

I get it, you are town, tragic figure bereft of time and comfort, assaulted on all sides by those who would yeet you for reasons beyond comprehension in a manner beyond your control.

Got it.

Reads?
But I love being a drama queen
Imma start calling you Discount Ace Marvel
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImage
tutuu wrote:fluffy furry
fluffy fluffy
kitty kitty
oiiii oiii oiiii
soft fluffy paws
☆Princess Abigail☆
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 691
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by ☆Princess Abigail☆ »

hollowkatt wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 8:59 pm
Neon wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 7:58 pm
hollowkatt wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 7:49 pm The people being pressured seem to not care at all about being pressured. So that's interesting
Is that generally more towny or scummy in your opinion? Or just NAI?

I have an answer but wanna see what you think.
ok. There's little resistance to the existing wagons (achro, santy, ender), no other wagons have really been floated to take pressure off of any of them, and "we" seem to be collectively going "meh these chops are fine" which is basically because they're just less town read than other people are.

I think that there not being push-back or reversed pressure to change the wagons means either we're on the right path with at least one of them (possibly two doubt all three) OR we've got three townies wagoned and wolves don't give a fuck.

Achro seems to be pretty passively accepting of his wagon. I don't know his wolf game, I've never seen it, but this doesn't jibe with what I've seen of his town game. I do know he's had a lot of games lately and that can lead to a shifting of process and whatnot to be more idgaf about things so I'm reluctant to push him solely on that. I do think he's got wolf potential.

Santygrass is taking the "come at me bro" strategy of dealing with wolf reads and wagons. Funny enough though I don't recall Santy snarking back towards people who aren't me. Not sure how I feel about that. I served him up a softball earlier that wasn't even swung at in fact santy leaned into "my iso is shit" vs trying to pull anything that would indicate caring or solving. That seems antithetical to what town in that position would be trying to do. I get he might be busy so I'm not saying some kind of volume or presence read, but combine lack of presence with lack of content and I come to skating by. Def can be chopped, is probably a wolf.

Then there's Ender who dropped off a cliff once he started receiving some legitimate pressure instead of just "ender bad" but "ender bad and here's why" and while I don't associate that with his wolf game (I towned against his wolf in a game on The Org) it's not anything I associate with his town game either. I compared Santy to Ladd earlier and said "Ender is the only one who'd recognize this" but I lied. Visor would as well as he hosted that game. Dunno how much spec he was doing but I think that's worth pointing out.

Then there's some additional wagons that weren't there, or weren't leading at the time I last looked at the thread:

Jackofhearts - I get this wagon. He hasn't posted, killing him is a-ok with me.

Macdougall - I town read this ausie sonuva and I get lots don't, I'm not sure I care much about that though.
Neither of these two players care at all about their wagons but I can't read into that. Jack b/c he hasn't posted and Mac b/c he literally never cares.

I think we're right on two of {achro, ender, santy} at most, very likely only one, and very likely it's not achro. If we were right on all three there would be more wagon ideas floated than there currently are, mac/jack I don't think count, but it's super convenient that there's a zero poster isn't it?

I think it's more town indicative than wolf indicative. Problem is I can't clear/solve santy or ender as they're currently posting. Achro at least is giving us content.
TY I really like this answer.
Bubbly Magical Girl who loves Caitlin more than anything in the world!

Resident Juice Sipping Icon

ImageImage
You are Zenon, Town 1-shot Desperado. You’re known for posting a lot (namely in anime gif form), playing a lot, and, most importantly, making snap decisions – particularly in the endgame. In a recent game, Wild West FM, you were taken to final 3 and immediately voted the last wolf, resulting in a LyLo that was strictly speaking over in four minutes and two posts. This game, we’re giving you the chance to accomplish a similar feat.

High-Risk High-Reward (Day 2+, 1-shot, Immediate): Spend 6 Snapvote Charges, post Fuck it we ball glgl in bold red text, and ping a player. (When you use this ability, you should also inform the hosts privately.) If they are Town, you will strongman die. Otherwise, you will strongman kill that player. This action resolves instantly.
santygrass
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 809
Preferred Pronouns: Any
Aka: Santy

Post by santygrass »

hollowkatt wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 9:00 pm
santygrass wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 7:59 pm I play to have fun, and I feel like slanking it and be chillin in thread. Dont care much if people wolfread me for it.
Maybe mine Skill Issue for not being a better team player, but also skill issue on yall for expecting more from me tbfh
your posting would be fine with me if it came with any amount of toothsome content I can dig into.
If I dont have a wolfread atm Im not going to make extra effort to dig and find one. I feel.good about voting Outed Wolf to pressure that slot and have a better read there, but thats it for now
santygrass
Loan Shark

Post by santygrass »

hollowkatt wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 9:02 pm
santygrass wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 8:09 pm
Achromatic wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 8:06 pm
santygrass wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 8:04 pm I catched up like 20 pages in one go, while also struggling to read them cuz ut was literally between classes , while logging out and trying to adapt my eyes to the forum.
So I know my analysis of the game isnt going to be good, and like, I dont feel like tryharding the game anyways.
While Catching up I had already blade vote and Sabi questioned about me felt ???? My feeling is that Im going to get misyeeted either way cuz Im not going to put the necesary effort and people are going to be wary regardless.

I had some townreads but no wolfread I feel good about so im just vibing in thread and if people are going to yeet me then oh well
Less complain more explain

I get it, you are town, tragic figure bereft of time and comfort, assaulted on all sides by those who would yeet you for reasons beyond comprehension in a manner beyond your control.

Got it.

Reads?
But I love being a drama queen
Imma start calling you Discount Ace Marvel
Instead of KPOP reads I have Skill Issue. I could see it, yeah
Sabiplz
<3
Posts in topic: 1255
Preferred Pronouns: They them
Aka: Kuti

Post by Sabiplz »

hollowkatt wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 8:59 pm
Neon wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 7:58 pm
hollowkatt wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 7:49 pm The people being pressured seem to not care at all about being pressured. So that's interesting
Is that generally more towny or scummy in your opinion? Or just NAI?

I have an answer but wanna see what you think.
ok. There's little resistance to the existing wagons (achro, santy, ender), no other wagons have really been floated to take pressure off of any of them, and "we" seem to be collectively going "meh these chops are fine" which is basically because they're just less town read than other people are.

I think that there not being push-back or reversed pressure to change the wagons means either we're on the right path with at least one of them (possibly two doubt all three) OR we've got three townies wagoned and wolves don't give a fuck.

Achro seems to be pretty passively accepting of his wagon. I don't know his wolf game, I've never seen it, but this doesn't jibe with what I've seen of his town game. I do know he's had a lot of games lately and that can lead to a shifting of process and whatnot to be more idgaf about things so I'm reluctant to push him solely on that. I do think he's got wolf potential.

Santygrass is taking the "come at me bro" strategy of dealing with wolf reads and wagons. Funny enough though I don't recall Santy snarking back towards people who aren't me. Not sure how I feel about that. I served him up a softball earlier that wasn't even swung at in fact santy leaned into "my iso is shit" vs trying to pull anything that would indicate caring or solving. That seems antithetical to what town in that position would be trying to do. I get he might be busy so I'm not saying some kind of volume or presence read, but combine lack of presence with lack of content and I come to skating by. Def can be chopped, is probably a wolf.

Then there's Ender who dropped off a cliff once he started receiving some legitimate pressure instead of just "ender bad" but "ender bad and here's why" and while I don't associate that with his wolf game (I towned against his wolf in a game on The Org) it's not anything I associate with his town game either. I compared Santy to Ladd earlier and said "Ender is the only one who'd recognize this" but I lied. Visor would as well as he hosted that game. Dunno how much spec he was doing but I think that's worth pointing out.

Then there's some additional wagons that weren't there, or weren't leading at the time I last looked at the thread:

Jackofhearts - I get this wagon. He hasn't posted, killing him is a-ok with me.

Macdougall - I town read this ausie sonuva and I get lots don't, I'm not sure I care much about that though.
Neither of these two players care at all about their wagons but I can't read into that. Jack b/c he hasn't posted and Mac b/c he literally never cares.

I think we're right on two of {achro, ender, santy} at most, very likely only one, and very likely it's not achro. If we were right on all three there would be more wagon ideas floated than there currently are, mac/jack I don't think count, but it's super convenient that there's a zero poster isn't it?

I think it's more town indicative than wolf indicative. Problem is I can't clear/solve santy or ender as they're currently posting. Achro at least is giving us content.
I like this post from HK
Lilypetal
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 746
Preferred Pronouns: she/her
Aka: lily

Post by Lilypetal »

my early town read on HK could never have been wrong
Porscha
Made Man
Posts in topic: 653

Post by Porscha »

MacDougall wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 8:50 pm
Porscha wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 8:47 pm mildly unmotivated after being chastised by my father macdougall
please don't take it that way I just want you to slay like the Queen you are and taking tepid swipes at me ain't it...
i'm just so tired and dead inside but I will try to be a little more responsible with my accidental power
You're being an unacceptable level of stupid, with zero sexy, and no sense of humor.
Image ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Achromatic
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 632
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Sir Chris/Chris

Post by Achromatic »

Cuddles have been received.

Anyway I have strong doubts Mac sincerely scum reads me for being okay with lynching a 0 poster when a) I am voting Mac b) I have discussed my wide view of the game and Jack judt so happens to not be one of my many town reads and c) I just got victimized by a low effort scum in champs.

It feels like one of those things that people who are struggling to find footing in a game cling to in order to appear justified. 'Achro is okay with the 0 poster going out!' But by my count at least 5 people are ok with the 0 poster going out. I just don't believe this vote at all lol

I would also be amused if jack is in fact Mac's scum buddy but who knows. It would be one thing if I was really predatory today but I haven't been ans Mac had an earlier town read on me although for questionable reasons.

On top of that me liking esooa a lot today also makes me think Mac is just a wolf because Mac is good.
Porscha
Made Man
Posts in topic: 653

Post by Porscha »

Sabiplz wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 8:52 pm
Lilypetal wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 8:46 pm
MacDougall wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 8:38 pm same for @Porscha @Sabiplz and @Lilypetal

top 2 town and top 1 wolf plz
top 2 town

porscha
sabi

my wolf is probs u or neon but like i said earlier ur probs gonna post urself out of me voting for you pretty soon

so removing you from the equation i'd probably say neon
This feels like a tmi slip
idk lily had already said some iteration of the same sentiment earlier so I thought it was her just following up on the same line of thought
You're being an unacceptable level of stupid, with zero sexy, and no sense of humor.
Image ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
risiinq-
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 466
Aka: snow

Post by risiinq- »

i unironically think achro/mac is a difference check for no reason whatsoever and its making my head hurt
risiinq-
Corrupt Union Official

Post by risiinq- »

like i just find both of them wolfy lol
Achromatic
Money Launderer

Post by Achromatic »

[quote=risiinq- post_id=947564 time=1662772386 user_id=1085]
i unironically think achro/mac is a difference check for no reason whatsoever and its making my head hurt
[/quote]

Good news is I agree with this atm lol
Achromatic
Money Launderer

Post by Achromatic »

Wow what happened to that quote.

Anyway you don't find me wolfy you find me weird. Give into the weirdness tbh
Sabiplz
<3

Post by Sabiplz »

Porscha wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 9:09 pm
MacDougall wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 8:50 pm
Porscha wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 8:47 pm mildly unmotivated after being chastised by my father macdougall
please don't take it that way I just want you to slay like the Queen you are and taking tepid swipes at me ain't it...
i'm just so tired and dead inside but I will try to be a little more responsible with my accidental power
One queen might be dead but you are the best one
risiinq-
Corrupt Union Official

Post by risiinq- »

whos to say weirdness != wolfy :(
Achromatic
Money Launderer

Post by Achromatic »

risiinq- wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 9:14 pm whos to say weirdness != wolfy :(
Me since I don't rand wolf 100% of the time tbh
risiinq-
Corrupt Union Official

Post by risiinq- »

oh no im being convinced of ur innocence
Sabiplz
<3

Post by Sabiplz »

risiinq- wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 9:13 pm i unironically think achro/mac is a difference check for no reason whatsoever and its making my head hurt
The only world I see Mac w is in is if achro is w.

Just because I have seen achro do the same things as wolf before to a partner.
Sabiplz
<3

Post by Sabiplz »

risiinq- wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 9:17 pm oh no im being convinced of ur innocence
Stand up rising
Achromatic
Money Launderer

Post by Achromatic »

Good good let the truth flow through you.

Anyway that reaction to me saying I would be ok with Jack dying was way too dramatic and I remain very cool with my vote and I think some of my earlier pings have further justified themselves so far. Hk feels fine, for example. Visor just randomly voting is probably nai though.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 493

Post by MacDougall »

@Achromatic how much experience do you have with esooa?
Achromatic
Money Launderer

Post by Achromatic »

Sabiplz wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 9:18 pm
risiinq- wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 9:13 pm i unironically think achro/mac is a difference check for no reason whatsoever and its making my head hurt

Please get your head out of your ass. Thank you.
Achromatic
Money Launderer

Post by Achromatic »

MacDougall wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 9:19 pm @Achromatic how much experience do you have with esooa?
risiinq-
Corrupt Union Official

Post by risiinq- »

hmm yeah, i was considering a w/w possibility too but i dont think this immediately means a mac w achro v possibility doesnt exist

i kinda feel like there /is/ one wolf in there though.

it's hard to explain tho, ill see how it pans out
Sabiplz
<3

Post by Sabiplz »

Achromatic wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 9:19 pm

Please get your head out of your ass. Thank you.
My head is not in my ass.

That would be uncomfortable.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Achromatic wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 9:13 pm
Said town achro never.

I have not been nearly wolfy enough for you to have me as lock mafia.

Literally just playing snow.
risiinq-
Corrupt Union Official

Post by risiinq- »

Achromatic wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 9:19 pm Good good let the truth flow through you.

Anyway that reaction to me saying I would be ok with Jack dying was way too dramatic and I remain very cool with my vote and I think some of my earlier pings have further justified themselves so far. Hk feels fine, for example. Visor just randomly voting is probably nai though.
visor?

is outed wolf visor lol
Achromatic
Money Launderer

Post by Achromatic »

Thinking achro is wolf: woke
Thinking Mac lynching achro as town is totally town and achro having a problem with it means nothing for Mac's alignment: broke
risiinq-
Corrupt Union Official

Post by risiinq- »

MacDougall wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 9:20 pm
Said town achro never.

wow i hate being played except everyone wolf plays me
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Achromatic wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 9:20 pm
MacDougall wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 9:19 pm @Achromatic how much experience do you have with esooa?
And yet you are reading me mafia because.

1. I'm voting you
2. I suspect esooa and you don't.

And I'm apparently lock mafia?
Achromatic
Money Launderer

Post by Achromatic »

Said town achro never.

Sure Mac. Sure.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Achromatic wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 9:21 pm Thinking achro is wolf: woke
Thinking Mac lynching achro as town is totally town and achro having a problem with it means nothing for Mac's alignment: broke
Nobody said this. Nice strawman.
outed wolf
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 43

Post by outed wolf »

risiinq- wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 9:20 pm
Achromatic wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 9:19 pm Good good let the truth flow through you.

visor?

is outed wolf visor lol
No I am katze.

Nya.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Achromatic wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 9:22 pm
Said town achro never.

Sure Mac. Sure.
Good defense wolf.
Sabiplz
<3

Post by Sabiplz »

I miss ender :(
santygrass
Loan Shark

Post by santygrass »

hmm yeah, i was considering a w/w possibility too but i dont think this immediately means a mac w achro v possibility doesnt exist

i kinda feel like there /is/ one wolf in there though.

it's hard to explain tho, ill see how it pans out
Ehh I could see them both as V imo
In order of likelihood prob a at this rn

V!Achro / W!Mac = V!Achro / V! Mac > W!Achro / V!Mac > W!Achro / W!Mac .

Very deep analysis
risiinq-
Corrupt Union Official

Post by risiinq- »

MacDougall wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 9:21 pm

1. I'm voting you

do you think it makes sense for anyone to vote u right now? do you think you have been towny enough so that town is inclined to find you?
Achromatic
Money Launderer

Post by Achromatic »

1. I'm voting you

I had a previous scum read on you and was voting you prior to either of these. Your vote on me is the first to suck this game though and yes I town read esooa.

Also no one is ever lock mafia and thus 'atm'
Sabiplz
<3

Post by Sabiplz »

outed wolf wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 9:22 pm

visor?

is outed wolf visor lol
No I am katze.

Nya.
:curtain:
santygrass
Loan Shark

Post by santygrass »

Like, if they are both Villa I could kinda expect them to clash if they disagree on something
risiinq-
Corrupt Union Official

Post by risiinq- »

santygrass wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 9:23 pm Like, if they are both Villa I could kinda expect them to clash if they disagree on something
yeah, i know that

i just don't think any of them have been really towny though.
outed wolf
Drug Dealer

Post by outed wolf »

Sabiplz wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 9:22 pm I miss ender :(
Sentences nobody has ever said for 500, Alex.

(ily blade)
Sabiplz
<3

Post by Sabiplz »

The ego between both achro and mac is wowee
santygrass
Loan Shark

Post by santygrass »

outed wolf wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 9:22 pm

visor?

is outed wolf visor lol
No I am katze.

Nya.

Gg I was Visor
Sabiplz
<3

Post by Sabiplz »

outed wolf wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 9:24 pm

(ily blade)
What are your reads visor
Achromatic
Money Launderer

Post by Achromatic »

MacDougall wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 9:22 pm
Achromatic wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 9:21 pm Thinking achro is wolf: woke
Nobody said this. Nice strawman.
Sabi said this by saying you are only w if I am w but sure use words until they have no meaning.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

risiinq- wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 9:23 pm

1. I'm voting you

do you think it makes sense for anyone to vote u right now? do you think you have been towny enough so that town is inclined to find you?
Voting for me is not the same as having me as proposed lock mafia.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Sabiplz wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 9:24 pm The ego between both achro and mac is wowee
you are the literal most annoying player in all of mafia
santygrass
Loan Shark

Post by santygrass »

Could you scumcase Esooa for me Mac? Without bringing the votes thingy cuz thats boring
outed wolf
Drug Dealer

Post by outed wolf »

Sabiplz wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 9:24 pm
outed wolf wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 9:24 pm

(ily blade)
What are your reads visor
Reads? Never heard of em.

Santy's posts are still lacking, no real villageriness or solving to em.
Achro's feeling quite overdramatic this game in a way that reminds me of our FOL game together.
Still not buying what lily is selling, but nobody agrees so whatever.
Jury is out on riisinqs posts. Kinda want to wolfread them, but feel like it could just be playstyle.

Still think hkatt and nanook are fine. Rest I don't have a strong opinion on. You might be v.

Return to “Previous Hustles”