King of the Hill Mafia

Moderator: Community Team

Porscha
Made Man
Posts in topic: 550

Re: King of the Hill Mafia

Post by Porscha »

These are quotes from like the first page and first third of the second page of alison's ISO.
Spoiler: show
Alison wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 11:14 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 9:44 pm
Lilypetal wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 9:40 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 9:37 pm
Lilypetal wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 8:48 pm mafia team is nanook / lucy / seanzie thank me in post game
this post in particular felt a bit out of place and like the type of post i would make as a nervous wolf who felt pressured to join in on the meme posting but idk if i actually believe this
i've been making posts like this every game sadly
[VOTE: lilypetal] aubergine
What about this Lily post prompted you to vote her?
Alison wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 11:24 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 10:48 pm i think arogame is the most obvious villager in the game so far

does anyone disagree?
I don't have a read on him. Could you elaborate more about why you feel he's an obvious villa?
Alison wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 11:26 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 10:53 pm
lucy wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 10:49 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 10:48 pm i think arogame is the most obvious villager in the game so far

does anyone disagree?
no, they were villagery as scum in a turbo, I'm holding them to higher standards
he was ridiculously cloying to me in the one wolfgame ive played with him (ie: he opened up the game by waxing poetic about how towny i was in a very generalized way) and in this game he was immediately accusatory and skeptical toward me (ie: "do you really think that lily believed that?"),so it would be a pretty impressive reversal of his scum meta in a world where he's mafia

youre valid though
Oh, this. I noticed he was less of a simp than he was in Cats vs Dogs but given how over the top he was in that game, I think he would make an effort to dial it down if he randed mafia again. So, I don't think that this is a particularly town indicative meta shift (especially because of how easy it is to make) and it definitely doesn't rise to the level of making him an obvious villager.
Alison wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 11:29 pm
arogame123 wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 10:53 pm

does anyone disagree?
I mean, I agree :p

But considering the last game we played in SPF in C v D, I am just curious if you do have some skepticism or some cautiousness. Cause usually when I play with someone again after I wolfed against them, they usually are very cautious with their read on me.
This is kinda townie though, especially coming off a game where he solidly pocketed me and cruised to an easy victory. I think town would approach that with a degree of pride and "fear me, I snowed you all" sentiment, while scum would be more likely to just accept the read and say nothing.
Alison wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 2:45 am
staypositivefriend wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 2:40 am okay i think i'm actually done posting for the night. my current "one wolf maximum" pool is arogame, mac, and lucy. i think that seanzie is mafia. i'm still figuring it out beyond there
Can you elaborate on your Seanzie read?
Alison wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 3:51 pm Oh I missed SPF already explained her Seanzie read. I don't think much of it since he had more content after.
Alison wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:54 pm
Creature wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 6:40 pm I confess I am getting a bit concerned about staypositivefriend, especially in the world both Lilypetal and Seanzie are town.
I was a wolf in the spec chat invitational but my post there about how to read SPF D1 was genuine and I'd endorse it this game.
Alison wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:09 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:05 pm
Alison wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 3:27 pm Creature, falcon, and Seanzie are all town.
why is falcon town
I dunno how to say this without sounding like I'm putting down falcon's scum game. But if he is mafia I don't think he has the balls to poke me, Mac and Boq as some of his first few pushes. (He also poked Aro, but that is an easier push to make.)

The way he has gone about poking us has been town indicative for him too. He has stabbed at a wide variety of players and shown a quickness to move on from one push to another (eg. the naked vote piling on Boq immediately into voting Mac). I have described the difference between falcon's town vs wolf pushes as a shotgun looking to see what sticks and a sniper rifle trying to take opportunities to gun down weak townies. I think his play so far this game has fit the "shotgun" archetype.
Alison wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:23 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:30 pm i've decided that i'm going to read alison solely by her results in this game and that any other method is probably flawed
What a coincidence, that's how I'm going to read you.
Alison wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:49 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:48 pm hmm i dont want to put this in a rude way but lucy seems sad and withdrawn to me in a way that is quite distinct from any other games i've seen from her - like she has already thrown in the towel and is perfectly content with giving up. it's weird and it doesn't feel like the lucy i played the other games with

i suppose that it doesn't have to be alignment indicative though
I don't get that vibe at all. Could you highlight what made you feel that way?
Alison wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:49 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:48 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 8:48 pm hmm i dont want to put this in a rude way but lucy seems sad and withdrawn to me in a way that is quite distinct from any other games i've seen from her - like she has already thrown in the towel and is perfectly content with giving up. it's weird and it doesn't feel like the lucy i played the other games with

i suppose that it doesn't have to be alignment indicative though
wait sorry i mean LILYPETAL

i have no idea why i keep mixing up those two names
oh lol.
There are multiple (3-4) posts where alison and spf will make a statement and the other goes "oh why?" or "can you elaborate?" with virtually no back and forth except for when they are discussing recent falcon meta, which is a relatively objective thing and easy to discuss without indulging game-changing information. I see a ton of spf / alison w/w equity here. Keep in mind, Alison has 6 pages of ISO. This is only from the first 1 1/3 of it.
You're being an unacceptable level of stupid, with zero sexy, and no sense of humor.
Image ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

Alison wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 11:13 pm I have read up to the start of page 2.

[VOTE: Neon] aubergine

Serious vote.
Alison wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 11:17 pm
arogame123 wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 10:39 pm Hmmm, it's funny that you say that SPF, because I was about to my post an observation/read I had, and I kind of want your input on this and thoughts.

I was actually going to slight townread Neon rn because I felt like when they entered the thread, they felt more like they were "vibing" with the thread and going with the flow. Like asking you about the League question and responding to Lily's wolf gc comment. So I had some good vibes from Neon after their initial "multi-tabbing" posts and seemed ok.

So I was wondering if you agree with my sentiment that Neon seems to be more natural rather than "attempting to fit in"?
I don't feel like Neon's vibing at all. Their first two posts were pre-emptive excuses for bad posting, which is why I originally scumread them. Since then they have posted a bunch of irrelevant fluff and claimed to be trying to speedrun to postcap by spamming. This is a very shallow and low-effort way to engage with the thread, and it is very easy for a wolf struggling to fit in to make posts like that.
Alison wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 11:22 pm
falcon45ca wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 11:19 pm
Lilypetal wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 8:48 pm mafia team is nanook / lucy / seanzie thank me in post game
this post in particular felt a bit out of place and like the type of post i would make as a nervous wolf who felt pressured to join in on the meme posting but idk if i actually believe this
Is this your first post of the game?
No, my first post was me voting Neon. Why do you care?
Alison wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 11:38 pm
arogame123 wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 11:25 pm
arogame123 wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 10:39 pm Hmmm, it's funny that you say that SPF, because I was about to my post an observation/read I had, and I kind of want your input on this and thoughts.

I was actually going to slight townread Neon rn because I felt like when they entered the thread, they felt more like they were "vibing" with the thread and going with the flow. Like asking you about the League question and responding to Lily's wolf gc comment. So I had some good vibes from Neon after their initial "multi-tabbing" posts and seemed ok.

So I was wondering if you agree with my sentiment that Neon seems to be more natural rather than "attempting to fit in"?
I don't feel like Neon's vibing at all. Their first two posts were pre-emptive excuses for bad posting, which is why I originally scumread them. Since then they have posted a bunch of irrelevant fluff and claimed to be trying to speedrun to postcap by spamming. This is a very shallow and low-effort way to engage with the thread, and it is very easy for a wolf struggling to fit in to make posts like that.
So I do agree with you Alison that their first posts were meh and I wasn't a fan, but it wasn't really alignment indicative. But I more so thought that they were vibing and going with the flow of the thread during the RVS. Sure it's not the strongest read with what they were saying but I just kind of vibed with their posts.

Idk Neon's meta or wolfrange or anything like that, so it was just how I was feeling at the time. If you have any meta or anything like that on Neon, that would help.

Also, on the topic on a "wolf struggling to fit in" what were your thoughts on Lily then? I know SPF discussed about it, so what are ur current thoughts on her rn?
I don't have meta on Neon. I haven't played with them before.

"Vibes" isn't an easy read to talk about or argue for/against. Could you try to pinpoint some posts of Neon that felt townie to you? Also what do you think about the fact that Neon's first two posts are excuses for bad posting in the future?

I don't have a strong read on lilypetal. I don't think their posts have been particularly AI, at least not to my eye. I didn't get the same sense of awkwardness that SPF did. I did see SPF's argument that their use of "sadly" was wolfy, but I think it's something they could easily post as town and I don't know if town lily would give "fuck off" there anyway.
Alison wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 12:19 am
arogame123 wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 12:17 am
Alison wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 11:55 pm Are you literally just townreading them for responding to people's posts? Is Neon a super polarized player or something?

Also I think wolves are more likely to give excuses for bad posting in advance (which "I'm memeing this game" and "I'm playing 4 games at once" both are), because they know on some level that they're wolf and therefore their posting won't be as pure as town.
I don't know Neon's play lol.

I was giving them a slight tr for vibing with the thread and because their responses and posts felt natural and not like someone that was trying to "fit in."

And it's not a strong read as I have stated but one slot that I felt was slightly townie for the reasons I stated.

And it's weird to me Alison cause rn it feels like you are playing devil's advocate and not really giving them the benefit of the doubt. Like sure wolves could play out the "meme" but the way they carried it out felt fine and I don't think being memey = always mafia yk.

It also does depend on the playstyle of the player and depending how they play if there is a huge difference between the style of posting then I'd agree. So I'll keep it in mind when solving Neo's slot, but independent of that, I thought their initial posting was ok and slightly townie.

@Neon what would you describe your playstyle as and do you have any games as town and mafia that I could look at?
I am not giving them the benefit of the doubt because they have done nothing townie and I actively scumread their play. You think their responses "look natural", I don't. Not seeing any "naturalness" in their posts doesn't mean I am being uncharitable to them. It just means I don't see naturalness in their posts.

I don't think being memey is always mafia, I think being memey in a very self-aware way and then openly declaring your intent to play in an anti-town way (rushing to 150 by spamming) is >rand mafia.
these are all early posts from alison about why she was on neon's slot. this is either hardcore distancing from the get go, or just another example of why I was livid when alison pushed hard on me. she pushed on LHF slots.
You're being an unacceptable level of stupid, with zero sexy, and no sense of humor.
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

arogame123 wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 2:14 pm
RondoDimBuckle wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 5:34 am
Porscha wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 1:52 am
arogame123 wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 8:20 pm Also, seems like Lucy had Rondo "lock-town" with a lot of confidence just as she had me, so I am also willing to respect her read there a bit and keep that in mind.
i'm gonna make rondo mad and suggest that maybe he killed lucy to lock in her incorrect read on himself
Seriously. Why would I ever kill people I can snow? In the world where Alison was town and I am the wolf Mac kill profits me nothing, I could get Alison over then Someone else today and then eventually Mac would turn on me and Lucy would too and I go over and then I have anti spewed the whole game so its pointless to read anything I have said and I am the only wolf over and you're in lylo. (Or I slank to victory) It makes 0 sense
Honestly, I just laughed when reading this because it was all in a “if Alison is town” when Alison is mafia 😂
yah I caught rondo red handed
RondoDimBuckle
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 865
Preferred Pronouns: Rondo/RondoDimBuckle
Aka: Rondo

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

Porscha wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:27 am
arogame123 wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 2:14 pm
RondoDimBuckle wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 5:34 am
Porscha wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 1:52 am
arogame123 wrote: Tue Sep 27, 2022 8:20 pm Also, seems like Lucy had Rondo "lock-town" with a lot of confidence just as she had me, so I am also willing to respect her read there a bit and keep that in mind.
i'm gonna make rondo mad and suggest that maybe he killed lucy to lock in her incorrect read on himself
Seriously. Why would I ever kill people I can snow? In the world where Alison was town and I am the wolf Mac kill profits me nothing, I could get Alison over then Someone else today and then eventually Mac would turn on me and Lucy would too and I go over and then I have anti spewed the whole game so its pointless to read anything I have said and I am the only wolf over and you're in lylo. (Or I slank to victory) It makes 0 sense
Honestly, I just laughed when reading this because it was all in a “if Alison is town” when Alison is mafia 😂
yah I caught rondo red handed
100% lets lynch him
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
I'm not dumb I just don't know things.
Lilypetal
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 723
Preferred Pronouns: she/her
Aka: lily

Post by Lilypetal »

We have 2 MLs before lylo right? I can't read or write
Lilypetal
Loan Shark

Post by Lilypetal »

staypositivefriend wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 7:51 pm if alison gets miseliminated today because people didnt like her vibe then you can expect me to barely play the game if im alive tomorrow
: o
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

idk spf spent all this time today theorizing on how alison's wolf buddies would be playing and that alison would instruct them to bus always after d2. if we agree to that, then everyone off her wagon can't be analyzed for their vote. I don't like this, it's closing off entire other options and probably setting a narrative. SPF never voted alison despite the intense flip flopping on her slot (though I recall SPF describing it has a "hard defense on alison" day 1 and day 2 - which were the only 2 days alison was prevented from flipping and had a chance of not flipping for a while or all together). I see a strong possibility of a wolf world with alison and spf, whether it's accurate or not.
Lilypetal
Loan Shark

Post by Lilypetal »

staypositivefriend wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 7:22 pm [VOTE: porscha] aubergine

i'm conducting a science experiment
staypositivefriend wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 7:30 pm [VOTE: seanzie] aubergine

i changed my mind. seanzie should die today and everyone should vote with me
staypositivefriend wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 5:58 pm [VOTE: RondoDimBuckle] aubergine
staypositivefriend wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 7:39 pm why do i feel like jack is openwolfing with every post he makes
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 4:42 pm
arogame123 wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 2:16 am Hmmm, so Aro, Porscha, Seanzie, Wilgy town.

If I sheep Lucy and Mac's tr on Rondo, that's 5 town there including me.

A POE formed of Boq/SPF/Nanook/Lily formed.

If I had to pick who I believe is the towniest from that POE, I would lean slightly on Boq. But that's kind of where I am at rn.

Obv if I am wrong somewhere on my town reads, I'd like someone to step up and debate me on this.

But with Porscha, Seanzie, WIlgy, and Rondo. Is there anyone in here that anyone dislikes or doesn't town read?
can you walk me through your townreads on porscha and seanzie?

i was coming into today expecting to get to a world where wilgy was mafia but i actually feel that my analysis of him (particularly the way his predcessor approached the EOD1) is starting to imply the opposite, so i think i can understand a world where you get to him being town. but why do you think that porscha/seanzie are town?

i think the best thing i can say about porscha is that she looks quite good from a purely NKA angle, and that the way alison treated her throughout d1-d2 felt vaguely non-partnery (I'm taking this with a grain of salt though because i think alison is quite good at manipulating partner interactions)

i'm struggling to find good reasons to townread seanzie even if i thought he sounded vaguely villagery during my conversation with him earlier
this was the exact argument alison made when she tried walking back on my slot.

day 1? seriously? you think that me and alison as 2 wolves had that teeth-bared back and forth where she hard pushed me like she did neon because she was going specifically for low hanging fruit who she thought wouldn't be able to defend themselves and nobody else would bother defending either? you think her beginning to walk back on my slot day 2 AND day 3 by saying "ah well porscha never makes these NK's" (again, even if I was wolfing, I WOULD NOT BE THE ONLY MAFIA AND I DO NOT GET TO SINGLE HANDEDLY DECIDE WHO IS NK'D)

Incomplete analysis that also focuses on alison's slot and presumes that alison would manipulate interactions I had with her if I was her wolf partner. Maybe alison can manipulate her own interactions with a wolf partner, but unless you think I'm a bad ass at wolf theater, which you have no good reason to think that, then I think you need to put the tinfoil on me away and figure out a better poe.
arogame123
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 856
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His
Aka: Aro

Post by arogame123 »

Porscha wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:49 am idk spf spent all this time today theorizing on how alison's wolf buddies would be playing and that alison would instruct them to bus always after d2. if we agree to that, then everyone off her wagon can't be analyzed for their vote. I don't like this, it's closing off entire other options and probably setting a narrative. SPF never voted alison despite the intense flip flopping on her slot (though I recall SPF describing it has a "hard defense on alison" day 1 and day 2 - which were the only 2 days alison was prevented from flipping and had a chance of not flipping for a while or all together). I see a strong possibility of a wolf world with alison and spf, whether it's accurate or not.
Here is the only thing I'd give for SPF tbh, from what I have heard from specchat, they are a chronic busser and if they are mafia with Alison, I am kinda shocked with how much they would defend her that long and attempt to side with her. It's like the level 2 read where I wouldn't expect SPF if she is mafia to behave that way with their partner.
arogame123
Money Launderer

Post by arogame123 »

Porscha wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:22 am

Serious vote.

So I do agree with you Alison that their first posts were meh and I wasn't a fan, but it wasn't really alignment indicative. But I more so thought that they were vibing and going with the flow of the thread during the RVS. Sure it's not the strongest read with what they were saying but I just kind of vibed with their posts.

Idk Neon's meta or wolfrange or anything like that, so it was just how I was feeling at the time. If you have any meta or anything like that on Neon, that would help.

Also, on the topic on a "wolf struggling to fit in" what were your thoughts on Lily then? I know SPF discussed about it, so what are ur current thoughts on her rn?

"Vibes" isn't an easy read to talk about or argue for/against. Could you try to pinpoint some posts of Neon that felt townie to you? Also what do you think about the fact that Neon's first two posts are excuses for bad posting in the future?

I don't have a strong read on lilypetal. I don't think their posts have been particularly AI, at least not to my eye. I didn't get the same sense of awkwardness that SPF did. I did see SPF's argument that their use of "sadly" was wolfy, but I think it's something they could easily post as town and I don't know if town lily would give "fuck off" there anyway.
Alison wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 11:55 pm Are you literally just townreading them for responding to people's posts? Is Neon a super polarized player or something?

Also I think wolves are more likely to give excuses for bad posting in advance (which "I'm memeing this game" and "I'm playing 4 games at once" both are), because they know on some level that they're wolf and therefore their posting won't be as pure as town.

I was giving them a slight tr for vibing with the thread and because their responses and posts felt natural and not like someone that was trying to "fit in."

And it's not a strong read as I have stated but one slot that I felt was slightly townie for the reasons I stated.

And it's weird to me Alison cause rn it feels like you are playing devil's advocate and not really giving them the benefit of the doubt. Like sure wolves could play out the "meme" but the way they carried it out felt fine and I don't think being memey = always mafia yk.

It also does depend on the playstyle of the player and depending how they play if there is a huge difference between the style of posting then I'd agree. So I'll keep it in mind when solving Neo's slot, but independent of that, I thought their initial posting was ok and slightly townie.

@Neon what would you describe your playstyle as and do you have any games as town and mafia that I could look at?
I am not giving them the benefit of the doubt because they have done nothing townie and I actively scumread their play. You think their responses "look natural", I don't. Not seeing any "naturalness" in their posts doesn't mean I am being uncharitable to them. It just means I don't see naturalness in their posts.

I don't think being memey is always mafia, I think being memey in a very self-aware way and then openly declaring your intent to play in an anti-town way (rushing to 150 by spamming) is >rand mafia.
these are all early posts from alison about why she was on neon's slot. this is either hardcore distancing from the get go, or just another example of why I was livid when alison pushed hard on me. she pushed on LHF slots.
And that's why the progression that Neon had on Alison and then the read switch Alison had coming into day 2, I felt was partnery. But I have seen with the vote and Wilgy's play that I believe it offsets it enough where I believe Wilgy might be town tbh.
arogame123
Money Launderer

Post by arogame123 »

@Lilypetal can you respond to my reads list plz when u get the chance. I want to compile the results.
arogame123
Money Launderer

Post by arogame123 »

Porscha wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:49 am idk spf spent all this time today theorizing on how alison's wolf buddies would be playing and that alison would instruct them to bus always after d2. if we agree to that, then everyone off her wagon can't be analyzed for their vote. I don't like this, it's closing off entire other options and probably setting a narrative. SPF never voted alison despite the intense flip flopping on her slot (though I recall SPF describing it has a "hard defense on alison" day 1 and day 2 - which were the only 2 days alison was prevented from flipping and had a chance of not flipping for a while or all together). I see a strong possibility of a wolf world with alison and spf, whether it's accurate or not.
If that is the narrative that SPF is setting, then do you believe if SPF is mafia that her other partner would also be off wagon to protect themselves? Also, I don't think SPF was ever wishy-washy on ALison's slot and was more so always believe she was town or that she was not being fairly evaluated and was in a "must be lynched position" which SPF disliked.
Lilypetal
Loan Shark

Post by Lilypetal »

arogame123 wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 1:21 am @Lilypetal can you respond to my reads list plz when u get the chance. I want to compile the results.
Sure can u quote it to me pls
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

arogame123 wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 1:20 am
Porscha wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 12:22 am

Serious vote.

And that's why the progression that Neon had on Alison and then the read switch Alison had coming into day 2, I felt was partnery. But I have seen with the vote and Wilgy's play that I believe it offsets it enough where I believe Wilgy might be town tbh.
Can you quote, if it's easy enough, one of the posts you are referring to with neon progression on alison? To be fair to neons slot, alison walked back her read on me after day 1 and I also stopped significantly pushed on alison after day 1 as well. Seemed like alison knew she was boned regardless, which was true, because she knows she has to play to her own meta of "I need to be flipped day 2 as counterwagon since I play for the best gamestate, not for myself", but like I pointed out, she had unvoted herself and her reasoning for it was very lukewarm. She unvoted herself because mac saved her from going over- the only thing that convinced anyone else to go on creature over alison was mac and Alison's self vote that tricked multiple people iirc. But she *had* to do it, and she knew that.
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

arogame123 wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 1:25 am
If that is the narrative that SPF is setting, then do you believe if SPF is mafia that her other partner would also be off wagon to protect themselves? Also, I don't think SPF was ever wishy-washy on ALison's slot and was more so always believe she was town or that she was not being fairly evaluated and was in a "must be lynched position" which SPF disliked.
Sure. But that position was a little ridiculous for SPF to take, in my opinion. SPF can say shes against policy yeeting, but alison needed to go. Her 2 pushes on me and neons slot were full of nonsense, but I was privy to that feeling because I was one of the pushed players. She couldnt provide anything concrete to her strong push of me other than she felt like I was folding, and when I asked her to show me where, she didnt / couldnt. Alison has a way of playing that... I dont think she sincerely believed her push on me. But she did a good job emulating it. Providing me with very few ways to argue against her, and when I had a little extra AtE thrown in to let her know that if she was town who was mistunneling another town again, she needed to give it up. And then falcon was unlucky collateral, and so was creature. Alison was obviously disgruntled her push on me was veto'd by mac in her post where she says something like "mac says porscha had volume tell or something, whatever". I could never fully believe alison was town after that day 1, even though I gave her plenty of space afterwards. One of Alison's early posts yesterday quoted me talking to spf, where alison said SPF had been trending down for her all day since spf wasnt changing her stance on alison. I knew that post was fishy, but I dont know if it was alison's last attempt at trying to reintegrate into the game and not be a foregone conclusion, if it was meant to frame spf poorly with alison already knowing she is going over and flipping maf, or legitimately distancing.
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

Lilypetal wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 1:36 am
arogame123 wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 1:21 am @Lilypetal can you respond to my reads list plz when u get the chance. I want to compile the results.
Sure can u quote it to me pls
arogame123 wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 2:16 am Hmmm, so Aro, Porscha, Seanzie, Wilgy town.

If I had to pick who I believe is the towniest from that POE, I would lean slightly on Boq. But that's kind of where I am at rn.

Obv if I am wrong somewhere on my town reads, I'd like someone to step up and debate me on this.

But with Porscha, Seanzie, WIlgy, and Rondo. Is there anyone in here that anyone dislikes or doesn't town read?
arogame123 wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 2:06 am
staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 1:22 am possibly a stupid read but i kind of think there might not be more than one wolf specifically within nanook/seanzie/wilgy because all of them have tried to piggyback off of the suspicion on me today and they are playing synchronously in a way that i imagine the wolfteam in this position might not be

if this is the case it probably means that boq is mafia or that im misreading lily or smth
So I am assuming u have me, Rondo, and Porscha as town?

In this world if you believe Nanook/Seanzie/Wilgy contains 1

and then one between boq/Lily

Boq/Seanzie not w/w

Boq/Wilgy not w/w

Lily/Wilgy not w/w

So you can either have a Boq/Nanook team

or

a Lily/Nanook or Lily/Seanzie team.

Do you believe any of these teams are likely and do u agree with my not partner reads I put above?
For good measure I included the third post since I assume you didnt see it
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

Does anyone have vote counts for day 2 and day 3 at any point?
staypositivefriend
Hitman
Posts in topic: 758

Post by staypositivefriend »

Lilypetal wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 11:16 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 10:07 pm [*]
Lilypetal wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 7:11 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 4:42 pm unfortunately im starting to think that lilypetal might be mafia
thunderdome?
i think it's funny that your reaction to me suggesting that you might be a wolf is to immediately vote me and thunderdome me. i want to believe that youre a panicked wolf who knows they can get away with a lazy vote on me bcuz i struggle to believe that you would play in such a shamelessly shallow way as town
hey thats mean
sorry, i'm not trying to be mean - i just don't understand why town!lily would ever decide to immediately try to thunderdome me in reaction to me expressing some light suspicion against her, it felt like you were panicked and wanted to try to make me look bad as soon as you could
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Lilypetal wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 11:16 pm tbh i dont know ur wolf meta and i am okay being swayed either way. @staypositivefriend so if we're both town, who do you think the final 2 wolves are?
if you're town then it probably increases the chances that aro is a wolf - this is because both my intuition and the gamestate point me to feeling like there's a high chance of a deepwolf existing within exactly you/aro, and i could see myself misclearing aro in a world where you're a villager. i think he has played very "cleanly" and positioned himself with the consensus for the majority of the game that could be consistent with the mindset of a wolf that is attempting to go under the radar

in a world where youre town i would estimate that there's probably like 2 mafia within the specific pool of aro/boq/seanzie/wilgy or smth like that
staypositivefriend
Hitman

RondoDimBuckle wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 11:32 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 10:14 pm i'm really sleep deprived but i'll be around a decent amount tomorrow

really hope that i dont get miseliminated today because half the game is barely even playing when i am blatantly town to anyone who even slightly understands my wolf meta or how i tend to play games. if u cant figure out that im town then just trust that mac was right about me and that i wouldn't kill him when he was constantly shielding me
He did have a tinfoil because you were sheilding Alison knowing what kind of behaviour she could display and calling her town which could be why he died night 2. I am not going to shield your spot when exactly that happened and I haven't felt good about you all game
he actually went out of his way to call me his most confident townread and said that the way i was interacting with alison made me clearly unpartnered with her. if you're going to discredit the legacy of a dead player you should at least read what his posts were
staypositivefriend
Hitman

man it's like you're not even reading my posts today at all, as though "alison would instruct her partners to bus after d2" was the ending of my analysis and not the BEGINNING of it. i've shown more flexibility with my view of the game today than any other player and i've been actively trying to piece things together, which makes it bizarre for you to say that i'm "closing off other options" just because i have a good sense of what alison's strategic intent probably would have been as a wolf

it's also bizarre for you to say that i had "intense flip flopping" on alison's slot when i was actually very consistent with her being town throughout d1 + d2 and only doubted the read throughout d3, at which point it was useless for me to vote her in the first place. are you reading anything im saying today or what?
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Porscha wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 1:04 am

i was coming into today expecting to get to a world where wilgy was mafia but i actually feel that my analysis of him (particularly the way his predcessor approached the EOD1) is starting to imply the opposite, so i think i can understand a world where you get to him being town. but why do you think that porscha/seanzie are town?

i think the best thing i can say about porscha is that she looks quite good from a purely NKA angle, and that the way alison treated her throughout d1-d2 felt vaguely non-partnery (I'm taking this with a grain of salt though because i think alison is quite good at manipulating partner interactions)

i'm struggling to find good reasons to townread seanzie even if i thought he sounded vaguely villagery during my conversation with him earlier

day 1? seriously? you think that me and alison as 2 wolves had that teeth-bared back and forth where she hard pushed me like she did neon because she was going specifically for low hanging fruit who she thought wouldn't be able to defend themselves and nobody else would bother defending either? you think her beginning to walk back on my slot day 2 AND day 3 by saying "ah well porscha never makes these NK's" (again, even if I was wolfing, I WOULD NOT BE THE ONLY MAFIA AND I DO NOT GET TO SINGLE HANDEDLY DECIDE WHO IS NK'D)

Incomplete analysis that also focuses on alison's slot and presumes that alison would manipulate interactions I had with her if I was her wolf partner. Maybe alison can manipulate her own interactions with a wolf partner, but unless you think I'm a bad ass at wolf theater, which you have no good reason to think that, then I think you need to put the tinfoil on me away and figure out a better poe.
yeah and so what? does the fact that alison made a similar argument as a wolf while describing her read on you mean that the read couldn't have had legitimacy/TMI behind it? besides, you were one of lucy's most confident townreads and lucy died yesterday as well, which is something alison wasn't able to factor into her (fake) reads in the first place, so it's disingenuous for you to act like they're the same thing

and why is the purple text even part of this post when it is you EXPLICITLY AGREEING WITH ME? are you reading a SINGLE thing that im saying?
staypositivefriend
Hitman

porscha i am actually losing my mind at me saying that your interactions with alison look unpartnered on a day phase where i have ALREADY CALLED YOU TOWN multiple times and you deciding to take that as a personal slight because i am not townreading you confidently enough from the stuff that i am calling you towny for. if youre town then you need to drop the town entitlement and start reading my words
staypositivefriend
Hitman

much love to all of you and i'm sorry if my tone is especially grumpy today but i'm tired of being misrepresented and misunderstood by people who appear to be putting zero effort into understanding my view of the game or parsing the actual words that i'm saying. i can't scumhunt properly if there are multiple people in this game who aren't even lifting a finger to communicate with me in a good faith way
staypositivefriend
Hitman

i will be going to bed shortly but i think im just going to focus on leaving a good legacy POE and then having the rest of you sheep it after i flip because im sick of trying to solve with people in a game that appears to be actively hostile to solving
Lilypetal
Loan Shark

Post by Lilypetal »

staypositivefriend wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 2:15 am
Lilypetal wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 11:16 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 10:07 pm [*]
Lilypetal wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 7:11 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 4:42 pm unfortunately im starting to think that lilypetal might be mafia
thunderdome?
i think it's funny that your reaction to me suggesting that you might be a wolf is to immediately vote me and thunderdome me. i want to believe that youre a panicked wolf who knows they can get away with a lazy vote on me bcuz i struggle to believe that you would play in such a shamelessly shallow way as town
hey thats mean
sorry, i'm not trying to be mean - i just don't understand why town!lily would ever decide to immediately try to thunderdome me in reaction to me expressing some light suspicion against her, it felt like you were panicked and wanted to try to make me look bad as soon as you could
my new vibe is doing things to get reactions out of people and I thought it would be funny

I don't need to make you look bad we both are most likely perma poe'd regardless
Lilypetal
Loan Shark

Post by Lilypetal »

Aro's list is good but I also kinda think if spf flips v we need to begin thinking abt a w!aro world. Imo the jack nk points to spf/aro having a wolf as I've been saying all game and the lucy nk further solidifies that.
staypositivefriend
Hitman

ok then what does ur view of the game even look like rn lily? i think my main concern with you atm is that ive seen very little evidence that youre trying to solve today and it scares me
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Lilypetal wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 2:36 am Aro's list is good but I also kinda think if spf flips v we need to begin thinking abt a w!aro world. Imo the jack nk points to spf/aro having a wolf as I've been saying all game and the lucy nk further solidifies that.
i don't understand why the lucy nk would solidify a wolf within me/aro when lucy had aro as locktown and didnt scumread me either?
Lilypetal
Loan Shark

Post by Lilypetal »

staypositivefriend wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 2:36 am ok then what does ur view of the game even look like rn lily? i think my main concern with you atm is that ive seen very little evidence that youre trying to solve today and it scares me
Porscha / Rondo / Wilgz seem town spewed

Nanook is town imo but I would reeval him sooner than others
I thought boq was town too and idk where I stand on him now but he can have a little bit of a tl
Leaves a poe of Seanzie / aro / spf that imo has maybe two but def 1 wolf
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

staypositivefriend wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 2:19 am
RondoDimBuckle wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 11:32 pm
staypositivefriend wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 10:14 pm i'm really sleep deprived but i'll be around a decent amount tomorrow

really hope that i dont get miseliminated today because half the game is barely even playing when i am blatantly town to anyone who even slightly understands my wolf meta or how i tend to play games. if u cant figure out that im town then just trust that mac was right about me and that i wouldn't kill him when he was constantly shielding me
He did have a tinfoil because you were sheilding Alison knowing what kind of behaviour she could display and calling her town which could be why he died night 2. I am not going to shield your spot when exactly that happened and I haven't felt good about you all game
he actually went out of his way to call me his most confident townread and said that the way i was interacting with alison made me clearly unpartnered with her. if you're going to discredit the legacy of a dead player you should at least read what his posts were
Iook forward to quoting this when I get home
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
arogame123
Money Launderer

Post by arogame123 »

staypositivefriend wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 2:18 am
Lilypetal wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 11:16 pm tbh i dont know ur wolf meta and i am okay being swayed either way. @staypositivefriend so if we're both town, who do you think the final 2 wolves are?
if you're town then it probably increases the chances that aro is a wolf - this is because both my intuition and the gamestate point me to feeling like there's a high chance of a deepwolf existing within exactly you/aro, and i could see myself misclearing aro in a world where you're a villager. i think he has played very "cleanly" and positioned himself with the consensus for the majority of the game that could be consistent with the mindset of a wolf that is attempting to go under the radar

in a world where youre town i would estimate that there's probably like 2 mafia within the specific pool of aro/boq/seanzie/wilgy or smth like that
Do you really think I am mafia when I was the one who was attempting to challenge you on your Alison read? Like I understand you think I could be a deepwolf, but why in the world where Lily is town, point the finger at me?

Do you tr Nanook now? I don't see him in ur list lol.
Lilypetal
Loan Shark

Post by Lilypetal »

staypositivefriend wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 2:37 am
Lilypetal wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 2:36 am Aro's list is good but I also kinda think if spf flips v we need to begin thinking abt a w!aro world. Imo the jack nk points to spf/aro having a wolf as I've been saying all game and the lucy nk further solidifies that.
i don't understand why the lucy nk would solidify a wolf within me/aro when lucy had aro as locktown and didnt scumread me either?
Sure it points more towards aro being the wolf. My point is the good players you spoke about day 1 that may never be touched have lived a few too many nights and imo is indicative of them containing a wolf. Obviously you wouldn't be nked at this point but aro definitely would be.
staypositivefriend
Hitman

okay. i agree that wilgy is probably town. i think that porscha is probably town with more confidence based on the way she interacted with me over the last page. i think that rondo has a few good points in his favor even though i've been wavering back and forth on him a little bit. i also wouldn't touch nanook today either

so my short POE is basically you/seanzie/aro/boq, which means we have a relatively similar view of the game and we're POEing each other by default. i do wonder if it could just be a deepwolf world of boq/aro or something like that
arogame123
Money Launderer

Post by arogame123 »

You had been tr SPF majority of the game and then sheeping her tr on me lol.

Why would the Jack nk point to us and then the Lucy kill as well? Jack never had a read on me and Lucy had me as "lock-town" I am wondering how u approached this dichotamy of me and SPF lol
Lilypetal
Loan Shark

Post by Lilypetal »

arogame123 wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 2:41 am

Do you really think I am mafia when I was the one who was attempting to challenge you on your Alison read? Like I understand you think I could be a deepwolf, but why in the world where Lily is town, point the finger at me?

Why would challenging an alison read make you town? Isn't that exactly what alison would want her teammates to do once she's super dead?
arogame123
Money Launderer

Post by arogame123 »

Ok, @staypositivefriend , before you go, do you have a second? I wanted to talk to you about something and maybe this could help me find you if you are town.
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

staypositivefriend wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 2:30 am much love to all of you and i'm sorry if my tone is especially grumpy today but i'm tired of being misrepresented and misunderstood by people who appear to be putting zero effort into understanding my view of the game or parsing the actual words that i'm saying. i can't scumhunt properly if there are multiple people in this game who aren't even lifting a finger to communicate with me in a good faith way
I am not voting you but this ate made me want to
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
staypositivefriend
Hitman

i mean why wouldn't you challenge me on your read on alison in a world where you're mafia with her? if you're a wolf playing from the position of TMI then it makes quite a lot of sense to call out my bad read on alison and use it as an excuse to make me look bad in future days, right? and the only reason i think a world where lily is town points to you being a wolf is because i've been theorizing that you/lily is likely to contain a deepwolf for the entirety of this game, mainly because your positioning in the thread has been relatively similar and i've been townleaning both of you for relatively similar reasons (ie: tone/good depth of thought/etc)

also i'm not confident that nanook is town but i'm trusting that mac read him correctly and also trusting the fact that i don't have any logical reason to scumread him even if i'm struggled to come to his posts being towny on an individual level
staypositivefriend
Hitman

arogame123 wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 2:44 am Ok, @staypositivefriend , before you go, do you have a second? I wanted to talk to you about something and maybe this could help me find you if you are town.
i intended to leave like 10 minutes ago but yeah go for it
arogame123
Money Launderer

Post by arogame123 »

Lilypetal wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 2:43 am

Why would challenging an alison read make you town? Isn't that exactly what alison would want her teammates to do once she's super dead?
I had been doing it majority of the game with SPF tho. Like, I would attempt to rebut the points she brought up.

Additionally, if SPF is town, I kinda feel eerie about how you are putting me and SPF in this dichotamy based off NKA for some loose reasons. If SPF flips town, I feel like you are setting me up as ur next target.

You state u have some doubts about SPF but then also go hard on them when underhanding sus on me which doesn't look good from my POV esp if SPF is town.
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Lilypetal wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 2:42 am
Sure it points more towards aro being the wolf. My point is the good players you spoke about day 1 that may never be touched have lived a few too many nights and imo is indicative of them containing a wolf. Obviously you wouldn't be nked at this point but aro definitely would be.
okay. i understand the reasoning that the kills being in "weird" places (like the jack kill) do hint to the existence of a deep wolf within the strong players but i don't really agree that lucy is one of those kills, since she was a consensus TR by pretty much the entire game, looked pretty clearly unaligned from alison, and (quite possibly) had a fairly accurate/good view of the game
arogame123
Money Launderer

Post by arogame123 »

staypositivefriend wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 2:45 am
arogame123 wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 2:44 am Ok, @staypositivefriend , before you go, do you have a second? I wanted to talk to you about something and maybe this could help me find you if you are town.
ok.

So, you are a music gal right SPF?

Would you say you enjoy listening to music everyday?
staypositivefriend
Hitman

RondoDimBuckle wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 2:45 am
staypositivefriend wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 2:30 am much love to all of you and i'm sorry if my tone is especially grumpy today but i'm tired of being misrepresented and misunderstood by people who appear to be putting zero effort into understanding my view of the game or parsing the actual words that i'm saying. i can't scumhunt properly if there are multiple people in this game who aren't even lifting a finger to communicate with me in a good faith way
I am not voting you but this ate made me want to
i'm not trying to ATE im just annoyed with the gamestate
Lilypetal
Loan Shark

Post by Lilypetal »

staypositivefriend wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 2:47 am
okay. i understand the reasoning that the kills being in "weird" places (like the jack kill) do hint to the existence of a deep wolf within the strong players but i don't really agree that lucy is one of those kills, since she was a consensus TR by pretty much the entire game, looked pretty clearly unaligned from alison, and (quite possibly) had a fairly accurate/good view of the game
I think lucy was just a very good kill if aro is a wolf is all I'm saying. Sets up me for a ML, helps lock aro as town, and yeah she was consensus town read.
Porscha
Made Man

Post by Porscha »

staypositivefriend wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 2:26 am
Porscha wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 1:04 am

yeah and so what? does the fact that alison made a similar argument as a wolf while describing her read on you mean that the read couldn't have had legitimacy/TMI behind it? besides, you were one of lucy's most confident townreads and lucy died yesterday as well, which is something alison wasn't able to factor into her (fake) reads in the first place, so it's disingenuous for you to act like they're the same thing

and why is the purple text even part of this post when it is you EXPLICITLY AGREEING WITH ME? are you reading a SINGLE thing that im saying?
can you explain what you mean by the lucy part? disingenuous for me to act like what is the same thing as what?

it is not explicitly agreeing. I don't think anybody here would know who I would be interested in killing as wolf since it relies on sort of a meta read combined with an in game read, and I hardly have a wolf meta. I think it's fair to say from those who died with TR's on me, its unlikely to specifically be kills from myself, alone. you said "vaguely" unpartnered. I'm saying it was very unpartnered. and her read on me was made up to try and not have me tunnel her coming into day 2, I presume. or she figured I'd be going over day 2 instead of creature and then she'd have cred of "realizing" I was in fact town.

I don't know why you thought alison was so town when you said you aren't great at reading her and by alison's own metrics, she needed to go over too. but maybe it's just a strong, strong lack of TMI. I'm not set... I'm rarely set. I'll give you room to do your thing today.
staypositivefriend
Hitman

arogame123 wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 2:47 am
staypositivefriend wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 2:45 am
ok.

So, you are a music gal right SPF?

Would you say you enjoy listening to music everyday?
:shifty: this has similar energy to when i used to ask ppl what their favorite flavor of ice cream was in chat mafia games to try to get them to towntell

but yeah i'm a big music person and it's one of my main hobbies, i listen to it p much constantly
arogame123
Money Launderer

Post by arogame123 »

Also, why-fom, but I wouldn't kill the people that are hard tr me so shrug.

Also Lily, I don't understand this logic of "strong players living too many nights" when it's not even about the "strong players" but who has been tr the most and has the highest likelihood of dying at night this game. Be honest, have you expected me to die on n1 or n2 that you suspect me for being mafia bc I am alive?? It seems like a silly take tbh.
staypositivefriend
Hitman

Lilypetal wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 2:48 am
staypositivefriend wrote: Thu Sep 29, 2022 2:47 am
I think lucy was just a very good kill if aro is a wolf is all I'm saying. Sets up me for a ML, helps lock aro as town, and yeah she was consensus town read.
idk if i agree, because i think ppl have a tendency to not care about the reads of dead villagers much at all, and it's a lot more advantageous to leave someone alive who is actively defending u as a wolf instead of killing them and hoping that ppl trust they were correct. if youre town then i think it is somewhat logical to say that the lucy kill could have helped set you up for a miselimination though

Return to “Previous Hustles”