Meanwhile...(Host/Non-Player)
57%

Total votes: 7
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 265

Re: Twin Peaks Mafia {NIGHT 0}

Post by thellama73 »

I am fairly bad at chess, as a matter of fact. :) I also happen to know that Nevinera is very good at chess, so I hope he doesn't get that role.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
insertnamehere
Made Man
Posts in topic: 50

Post by insertnamehere »

Effective Immediately:
Roxy is replacing Elochin, at his/her request.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Image Image Image
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

I only need a couple more PM's.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 140
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Welcome Rox, bye Elohcin!
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 4

Post by Elohcin »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Welcome Rox, bye Elohcin!
Bye Alex. By the way, my son, Simon, cracks up every time he reads "Eat Socks?! Socks eat Alex." :haha:
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Elohcin wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Welcome Rox, bye Elohcin!
Bye Alex. By the way, my son, Simon, cracks up every time he reads "Eat Socks?! Socks eat Alex." :haha:
Sad to see you go, hope to play another game with you soon!

And I'm glad that it is serving its purpose then! Lol.
Roxy
Hitman
Posts in topic: 145
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Post by Roxy »

The last thing I need is another confusing game , so glad I said I'd replace if he needed it ;)
Srsly though I will do my best to keep up.

Bye Elohcin hope things are ok <3
;)
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

If I would have had a vote I would have voted for Sarah.
;)
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Welcome Roxy! I'm sorry Elohcin is now gone, but I am happy you are here. It is a very confusing set of emotions.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

No u llama :p
;)
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

:)

insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Shiny, shiny, shiny boots of leather, whiplash girlchild in the dark. Severin, your servant comes in bells, please don't forsake him. Strike, dear mistress, and cure his heart.

There is a sadness in this world, for we are ignorant of many things. Yes, we are ignorant of many beautiful things — things like the truth. So sadness, in our ignorance, is very real. The tears are real. What is this thing called a tear? There are even tiny ducts — tear ducts — to produce these tears should the sadness occur. Then the day when the sadness comes — then we ask: "Will this sadness which makes me cry — will this sadness that makes me cry my heart out — will it ever end?" The answer, of course, is yes. One day the sadness will end.

LUCY'S COLUMN:
Vompatti makes me nervous. I am sure he is up to no good. A murderer if ever I saw one.

CUT TO:

INT. PALMER HOUSE - DAY

In the living room, a subdued SARAH PALMER sits on the sofa, wearing a robe. LELAND PALMER is standing next to SARAH.

LELAND
Sarah, darling, I'm sorry to disturb you sweetheart ... but uhm ... Donna Hayward is here. Take this now. (gives SARAH a pill and a glass of water) I'll send her in.

DONNA is standing near the entrance to the room but out of SARAH'S sight. LELAND walks over to DONNA.

LELAND
Try not to upset her.

DONNA
Okay.

DONNA sits beside SARAH on the couch. SARAH sits up straight facing DONNA.

SARAH
I don't know what I'm going to do? I miss her so much, you miss her?

TUNE: VISIONS BEYOND

DONNA
Yes, I miss her so much.

SARAH
I miss her so much ... I miss her so much ... I miss her so much.

SARAH closes her eyes and lays her head low. DONNA, teary eyed, looks at her sadly. DONNA'S hand slowly slides up and touches SARAH'S hand, comforting her. SARAH looks down at the hand and looks up to see LAURA'S face in place of DONNA'S.

SARAH
(overwhelmed) Laura, oh Laura, my baby.

SARAH'S arms reach forward, clutching DONNA and pulling her into an embrace.

SARAH
Oh Laura, my baby.

TUNE ENDS: VISIONS BEYOND

As SARAH holds her, DONNA tries to gently pull away but SARAH won't release her. As SARAH slowly opens her eyes she sees another vision.

CUT TO:

INT. PALMER HOUSE - DAY

TUNE: WALKING IN THE DARK (LAST PORTION)

Viewing SARAH'S vision, a man with long grayish hair and wearing a jean jacket, is crouched behind a bedpost in LAURA'S bedroom. The man is staring right up at her.

CUT TO:

INT. PALMER HOUSE - DAY

SARAH releases DONNA, puts her hands to her head and screams. DONNA is frightened, she stands up and backs away slightly from SARAH. LELAND rushes into the room.

LELAND
Sarah.

SARAH
Leland, Leland.

LELAND holds SARAH as she continues to scream.

It is now Day 1. You have 24 hours to vote out who you think is BOB, and whoever he is possessing. Remember, if whoever BOB's possessing get's a single vote, everybody lives through the night.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
Snow Dog
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 172

Re: Twin Peaks Mafia {DAY 1}

Post by Snow Dog »

Ok. So that confirms Bob is in the game. And it seems a spread of votes would be useful to us.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Wow, this is going to be a tough game. What do we think of Lucy's column?

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Indeed, it seems Bob must have possessed someone already? I agree that spreading the votes makes the most sense if we want there to be no NK.
insertnamehere wrote:
Shiny, shiny, shiny boots of leather, whiplash girlchild in the dark. Severin, your servant comes in bells, please don't forsake him. Strike, dear mistress, and cure his heart.
This made me happy. Totally listening to that album now.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

thellama73 wrote:Wow, this is going to be a tough game. What do we think of Lucy's column?
I don't know. Did it turn out the chemistry book in MacGyver had anything worthwhile it was saying or did it all turn out to be crap? I am going to take it with a grain of salt like I usually do.
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

thellama73 wrote:Wow, this is going to be a tough game. What do we think of Lucy's column?
I wouldn't give it much heed. Just a player's thoughts as far as I can tell from the roles.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
I don't know. Did it turn out the chemistry book in MacGyver had anything worthwhile it was saying or did it all turn out to be crap? I am going to take it with a grain of salt like I usually do.
Some of the chemistry book was true I think. Don't know what to think of this for certain though. If Vompatti turns out to be Bob though I will scream. :-)
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 41

Post by Nevinera »

Snow Dog wrote:Ok. So that confirms Bob is in the game. And it seems a spread of votes would be useful to us.
It is, but there's an inherent danger as well - if we put out a spread of votes, whoever votes later has a lot of control over who is lynched. Worse even - if we put out a spread early, then a baddie block vote at the end can decide exactly who dies.

I think it makes more sense for early voters to *not* spread, and then later voters to spend their votes protecting everyone, if they otherwise would agree on the target. In fact, I think we should consider it a strong sign of BOB-ness if a bunch of people vote the same way after half the players have already voted.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Nevinera wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:Ok. So that confirms Bob is in the game. And it seems a spread of votes would be useful to us.
It is, but there's an inherent danger as well - if we put out a spread of votes, whoever votes later has a lot of control over who is lynched. Worse even - if we put out a spread early, then a baddie block vote at the end can decide exactly who dies.

I think it makes more sense for early voters to *not* spread, and then later voters to spend their votes protecting everyone, if they otherwise would agree on the target. In fact, I think we should consider it a strong sign of BOB-ness if a bunch of people vote the same way after half the players have already voted.
This is true, but if Bob and his minion are the only baddies, wouldn't they out themselves as baddies when they don't spread the vote? Why not just plan to spread it completely from the beginning?
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Nevinera wrote:

It wouldn't be a bunch of players, though, since there is only bob and his one recruit so far. I think the vote spreading out idea is a good one, provided we have a few people hang back to override Bob and his friend.

Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

If everyone votes for one person then we all get one vote each. Am i right? This cannot be good as we have no control over who gets lynched. So some will have to be without a vote and trust to luck.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Nevinera »

thellama73 wrote: It wouldn't be a bunch of players, though, since there is only bob and his one recruit so far. I think the vote spreading out idea is a good one, provided we have a few people hang back to override Bob and his friend.
We'd have to hang back four though, to be sure to be able to cancel out the bob-block. Three might be enough, chosen randomly, since the chances of picking two specific people in a random group of three out of 11 is about 11 in 11C3, or 7% (then we'd have to trust someone to pick random numbers, and it might have been bob).
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Why not just have everyone plan to vote the person beneath or above them alphabetically and why vote early? I see no reason why Bob would risk outing himself and/or his minion by breaking the pattern because the best that could happen is 1 person gets lynched and the NK still fails, and then we know who to lynch tomorrow.
Kate
LAMIST Supatown
Posts in topic: 416
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Kate »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Why not just have everyone plan to vote the person beneath or above them alphabetically and why vote early? I see no reason why Bob would risk outing himself and/or his minion by breaking the pattern because the best that could happen is 1 person gets lynched and the NK still fails, and then we know who to lynch tomorrow.
Yea I agree. I think the best thing to do is spread the vote evenly. Why don't we all just vote ourselves, why do the shift one?
Andrew wrote: Wed May 29, 2013 6:47 pm I'm voting llama again because I think I heard him say something that looks like proof.
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

Nevinera wrote:
thellama73 wrote: It wouldn't be a bunch of players, though, since there is only bob and his one recruit so far. I think the vote spreading out idea is a good one, provided we have a few people hang back to override Bob and his friend.
We'd have to hang back four though, to be sure to be able to cancel out the bob-block. Three might be enough, chosen randomly, since the chances of picking two specific people in a random group of three out of 11 is about 11 in 11C3, or 7% (then we'd have to trust someone to pick random numbers, and it might have been bob).
You think Bob is going to fail to go along with out plan? I highly doubt that. That would be suicide.

I don't think anyone should hang back. I think we should all vote for one distinct person each, and if bob decides to not follow along then its his funeral.

...or maybe that's what we are witnessing right here... :ponder:
Andrew wrote: Wed May 29, 2013 6:47 pm I'm voting llama again because I think I heard him say something that looks like proof.
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

I will go along with voting the person above. If everyone agrees.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Snow Dog wrote:I will go along with voting the person above. If everyone agrees.
I agree.

Boogs
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Boogs »

thellama73 wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:I will go along with voting the person above. If everyone agrees.
I agree.
I'm okay with that too
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Nevinera »

I will do so also, but I'm going to wait for the end of the day.
Vompatti
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 66

Post by Vompatti »

I'm fine with the above since it's day 1, but we'll have to think of something better soon.
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Vompatti wrote:I'm fine with the above since it's day 1, but we'll have to think of something better soon.
I was just thinking this myself. Sure, this works for now, but if we continue this strategy all throughout, every lynch will be randomly determined death, there will be no NK, then more randomly determined death, ever chasing after catching Bob by chance.

That said, I still think this is currently our best option, unless someone can come up with something better.

And I like the idea of voting the person above. There's something weird about voting for myself, lol.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Vompatti wrote:I'm fine with the above since it's day 1, but we'll have to think of something better soon.
I was just thinking this myself. Sure, this works for now, but if we continue this strategy all throughout, every lynch will be randomly determined death, there will be no NK, then more randomly determined death, ever chasing after catching Bob by chance.

That said, I still think this is currently our best option, unless someone can come up with something better.

And I like the idea of voting the person above. There's something weird about voting for myself, lol.
I agree we need to change tactics tomorrow. Bob will not have another recruit until day three, so we can try to ferret them out during discussion tomorrow. When you say "above" do you mean in the poll or alphabetically?

Also, I am going to be gone for most of the weekend so I will go ahead and vote soon.

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

thellama73 wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:

I agree we need to change tactics tomorrow. Bob will not have another recruit until day three, so we can try to ferret them out during discussion tomorrow. When you say "above" do you mean in the poll or alphabetically?

Also, I am going to be gone for most of the weekend so I will go ahead and vote soon.
That's true, he does recruit every other period, so that will give us some time to examine more closely. I did mean alphabetically because usually that's how polls are listed, but now that you brought this to my attention, I realized the poll is not alphabetical. Uh... let's just go with above on the poll then. Makes it easier, right?
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

It does make it easier!

Votes Kate. (sorry Kate.

Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

It is now Day 1. You have 24 hours to vote out who you think is BOB, and whoever he is possessing. Remember, if whoever BOB's possessing get's a single vote, everybody lives through the night.
Is that something that I'm missing/forgetting that indicates this is going to happen every day? Is there a possibility that this is a one time occurrence?
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 21

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

I agree. I'm perfectly fine with voting for the person above ourselves for today. However, starting Day 2 we will definitely need a new strategy. I think how this lynch goes down could give us some good info though, especially depending on who it gets directed to.

EBWOP: I was thinking that as well, Kate. But I'm thinking it will be an everyday occurrence TBH.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Kate wrote:
Is that something that I'm missing/forgetting that indicates this is going to happen every day? Is there a possibility that this is a one time occurrence?
From the roles:

BOB
Wow, Bob, Wow. On even days, can possess someone. That person will join his team. Bob himself cannot kill, but his minions can, unless they are under suspicion. Bob's minions can NK someone every night, unless they have at least one vote. If they get even a single vote, their NK doesn't go through. To win, Bob and his minions need to outnumber everyone else. Minions can still use their NP, and even have BTSC. If Bob is killed, only his minions remain.

Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

OK I'm voting Russ now, I don't like being the only one with a vote up there.
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Remember, Ben Horne can change one vote. He could change the vote for himself to whoever he chooses.

Just food for thought.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

thellama73 wrote:
Kate wrote:
From the roles:

BOB
Wow, Bob, Wow. On even days, can possess someone. That person will join his team. Bob himself cannot kill, but his minions can, unless they are under suspicion. Bob's minions can NK someone every night, unless they have at least one vote. If they get even a single vote, their NK doesn't go through. To win, Bob and his minions need to outnumber everyone else. Minions can still use their NP, and even have BTSC. If Bob is killed, only his minions remain.
OH, should read the roles. :stare:
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

insertnamehere wrote:Remember, Ben Horne can change one vote. He could change the vote for himself to whoever he chooses.

Just food for thought.
Well hopefully he is not with Bob.
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

insertnamehere wrote:Remember, Ben Horne can change one vote. He could change the vote for himself to whoever he chooses.

Just food for thought.
So I guess that means Ben Horne is in play, another white role. Does anyone have any reason to believe any black roles are in play?
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 21

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

I think it's certainly possible a black role could be in play. But I haven't seen any evidence yet that says they are or aren't.

Going to go ahead and vote for SVS. Hopefully if you're a civvie then it's no harm, no foul!
blindfaeth
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 12

Post by blindfaeth »

I don't really agree with the vote the person above tactic, yes if we all vote each other no one will be NKed, but the lynch will probably be randomly determined. I think nevinera had a good idea, have a couple people vote earlier on the suspicious ppl and everyone else vote others to spread the vote and prevent the NK. And that way too they might not kill even if they could because we would have essentially narrowed them down to one of only a couple players. Ill be back tomorrow morning to vote I suppose.
Vompatti
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 66

Post by Vompatti »

I'm voting now so I won't forget.

*votes Boogs*
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Has anyone else noticed that BWT keeps saying he's voting without actually voting? He did it on Night 0 too. Might be something to look at.

Boogs
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Boogs »

thellama73 wrote:Has anyone else noticed that BWT keeps saying he's voting without actually voting? He did it on Night 0 too. Might be something to look at.
No I have not noticed, hmmmm. My vote goes to him anyway but that is goo food for thought
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 130

Post by S~V~S »

INH, am I allowed to nudge BWT to vote on FB? I mean. If I don't get a vote and something goes wrong with this plan (although we all know that plans like these always turn out so well) I will get the blame.

Also I have. Not read back yet (phone/car) but are we able to self vote? If so I may hold my vote in case BWT fails to vote for me.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

S~V~S wrote:INH, am I allowed to nudge BWT to vote on FB? I mean. If I don't get a vote and something goes wrong with this plan (although we all know that plans like these always turn out so well) I will get the blame.

Also I have. Not read back yet (phone/car) but are we able to self vote? If so I may hold my vote in case BWT fails to vote for me.
Sorry, but it has to be in the thread.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image

Return to “Previous Side Missions”