Wuppitybairn, deru, deru!

Poll ended at Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:58 pm

bea
33%
FZ.
No votes
insertnamehere
17%
Kate and Ruth Greenfield (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
50%

Total votes: 6
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 53

Re: Willow [Prologue]

Post by S~V~S »

i will only edit cuss words and will note it in the posts (unless the host says not to, in which case i will not). But he wants a clean thread and was not here to remove the cuss.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 78

Post by thellama73 »

S~V~S wrote:i will only edit cuss words and will note it in the posts (unless the host says not to, in which case i will not). But he wants a clean thread and was not here to remove the cuss.
I made the right choice voting for you today.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Epignosis wrote:The power to control the [profanity content of the thread] is in which person?

S~V~S 1 thellama73 (9)
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

:knight3:
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 71

Post by Epignosis »

S~V~S wrote:i will only edit cuss words and will note it in the posts (unless the host says not to, in which case i will not). But he wants a clean thread and was not here to remove the cuss.
Thank you for your vigilance.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Sorsha
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 22

Post by Sorsha »

I'm voting for Kate..... Let's have it be a battle between mother and son who wins this thing! :p
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 52
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

If you vote for me today, Citizens of Nelwyn, I promise to never impede your freedom of speech, and will never edit any of your posts. :noble:
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Turnip Head wrote:If you vote for me today, Citizens of Nelwyn, I promise to never impede your freedom of speech, and will never edit any of your posts. :noble:
A pretty empty promise since you don't have that power anyway. ;)

Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 56
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

My freedom of speech is still intact. I can say whatever I want because I just don't know any bad words. :p

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
FZ.
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 125

Post by FZ. »

You're quite the chatty group, aren't you?
Like I said, I don't have time to stick around much, but just some questions:

I feel this is a need to know basis and I need to know. What's all this talk about Andrew? From what I've read, he's Kate's kid...and a kid. How old are we talking about that you think that even though Epi said he was going to randomize in the sign up thread, he would give Andrew a civie role no matter what?

If that's really the case, then I can definitely see at least some of those voting for him, being scum and trying to manipulate him. I've only played with a kid once, in a live game. She was 14 and we were 3 players left in the game, me the baddie and her and the other person the civs. I used her like crazy. I was going to win but my conscience got in the way at the end, and I just told them I was the baddie. I felt like I was corrupting the poor girl's soul. So if you baddies are trying to get on Andrew's good side, you're going to hell for this :feb:

I'm contemplating who to vote for. Who do I like the best? Right now, it's between llama, Bea and TH. I'll think about it a few more minutes
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

FZ. wrote: I'm contemplating who to vote for. Who do I like the best? Right now, it's between llama, Bea and TH. I'll think about it a few more minutes
I have always been nice to you.

S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

He said that in the sign up thread? My bad, i did not read the sign up thread, i only read what is in the game thread as being canonical.

Well, the odds are still in Andrews favor. I am OK with my vote.
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

thellama73 wrote:
FZ. wrote: I'm contemplating who to vote for. Who do I like the best? Right now, it's between llama, Bea and TH. I'll think about it a few more minutes
I have always been nice to you.
Hence why I like you :D But let's not forget you killed me last game :srsnod:
S~V~S wrote:He said that in the sign up thread? My bad, i did not read the sign up thread, i only read what is in the game thread as being canonical.

Well, the odds are still in Andrews favor. I am OK with my vote.
Don't let the facts confuse you

The odds are still with any player in the game.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I know what the odds mean, what i am saying is that even if it was random, odds are good he is a civ in any case, so i am OK having voted for him, and trusting that he will do the right thing if he wins.
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

S~V~S wrote:I know what the odds mean, what i am saying is that even if it was random, odds are good he is a civ in any case, so i am OK having voted for him, and trusting that he will do the right thing if he wins.
I know what you mean, I was just enjoying teasing you :p
But what I do find funny is, you all think he's too young to be a baddie yet you trust him to know what to do if he gets something good. Hmm...
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Becasue i know him~ hes a smart kid, and a sophisticated one, but I still think he would have troubles being part of a decision to NK his Mom.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

S~V~S wrote:Becasue i know him~ hes a smart kid, and a sophisticated one, but I still think he would have troubles being part of a decision to NK his Mom.
So you believe that if he were randomly assigned the NK role he would prefer to lose the game than NK Kate? I don't think I understand your point.

FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

DharmaHelper wrote:I voted for Andrew to get the prize. But don't be fooled, I'm not in the camp that thinks we ought to play with kid gloves where Andrew is concerned. If he flubs up at any point and shows his hand as a baddie, I'll be there!

Also, thanks for the vote, Andrew, I appreciate your confidence.
So why did you vote him? You are doing just that- treating him differently.
Again, can I ask how old Andrew is that everyone's acting so funny about him?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Llama, Do you know any 8 year olds?

Linki~ lol
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

S~V~S wrote:Llama, Do you know any 8 year olds?

Linki~ lol
Lots. I used to teach piano lessons. Most of them would be delighted for a chance to kill their parents in a game.

thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Plus, even if I accept you premise that if Andrew were bad, he wouldn't kill his mom, he would still kill the rest of us and we would still need him dead to win, so I don't see what that has to do with anything.

S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

thellama73 wrote:
S~V~S wrote:Becasue i know him~ hes a smart kid, and a sophisticated one, but I still think he would have troubles being part of a decision to NK his Mom.
So you believe that if he were randomly assigned the NK role he would prefer to lose the game than NK Kate? I don't think I understand your point.
I think any little kid would be uncomfortable with this decision. And i don't understand why you are making such a huge deal out of this. This is my opinion. i could be wrong.

Linki~ I disagree, tbh. As usual.
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

He's 8? Whoa

Yeah, okay, totally different story. I thought 12.
Could definitely see Epi giving him a civ role.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

S~V~S wrote: I think any little kid would be uncomfortable with this decision. And i don't understand why you are making such a huge deal out of this.
Because I like logic, and "Andrew would be uncomfortable killing Kate, therefore Andrew is civvie" does not follow.

FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

thellama73 wrote:
S~V~S wrote: I think any little kid would be uncomfortable with this decision. And i don't understand why you are making such a huge deal out of this.
Because I like logic, and "Andrew would be uncomfortable killing Kate, therefore Andrew is civvie" does not follow.
I have an 8 year old. I'd never let him play (not being judgmental), but having to deal with all the lies and deceiving is something I wouldn't want him to do, even without his mother playing the game. It's too much pressure in my opinion. So if I were hosting, I can definitely see myself making him a civ.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

FZ. wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
I have an 8 year old. I'd never let him play (not being judgmental), but having to deal with all the lies and deceiving is something I wouldn't want him to do, even without his mother playing the game. It's too much pressure in my opinion. So if I were hosting, I can definitely see myself making him a civ.
If it is deemed that a player is not emotionally equipped to play, don't let them play. Otherwise, I find the suggestion that Andrew is incapable of playing the game properly because of his age, and therefore must be protected, condescending and offensive. I have played mafia with him before and he did great. I played games with my parents all the time when I was eight, and had no difficulty playing to win.

FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

thellama73 wrote:
FZ. wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
If it is deemed that a player is not emotionally equipped to play, don't let them play. Otherwise, I find the suggestion that Andrew is incapable of playing the game properly because of his age, and therefore must be protected, condescending and offensive. I have played mafia with him before and he did great. I played games with my parents all the time when I was eight, and had no difficulty playing to win.

I apologize.I didn't mean for it to come off condescending and offensive, just that it's something I wouldn't want my kid to play, especially not with grown ups. Like I said, I've done it, and we all agreed that we shouldn't do it again. That said, I'm not in charge of anyone and don't decide who plays and who doesn't, and I'm sure he's a great kid and going by what people say, a very smart one, so I do agree that if someone plays, we treat him like we treat everyone and don't make assumptions. That said, it's one things saying it and quite another practicing it...
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

FZ. wrote: I apologize.I didn't mean for it to come off condescending and offensive, just that it's something I wouldn't want my kid to play, especially not with grown ups. Like I said, I've done it, and we all agreed that we shouldn't do it again. That said, I'm not in charge of anyone and don't decide who plays and who doesn't, and I'm sure he's a great kid and going by what people say, a very smart one, so I do agree that if someone plays, we treat him like we treat everyone and don't make assumptions. That said, it's one things saying it and quite another practicing it...
No apology necessary. :) I think that's a completely reasonable position to take as a parent and I agree with everything in this post.

(vote for me)

FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

I'm giving my vote to Kate and leaving
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

thellama73 wrote:
FZ. wrote: I apologize.I didn't mean for it to come off condescending and offensive, just that it's something I wouldn't want my kid to play, especially not with grown ups. Like I said, I've done it, and we all agreed that we shouldn't do it again. That said, I'm not in charge of anyone and don't decide who plays and who doesn't, and I'm sure he's a great kid and going by what people say, a very smart one, so I do agree that if someone plays, we treat him like we treat everyone and don't make assumptions. That said, it's one things saying it and quite another practicing it...
No apology necessary. :) I think that's a completely reasonable position to take as a parent and I agree with everything in this post.

(vote for me)
Haha, so you agreed with me for the vote? :p
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

FZ. wrote:
thellama73 wrote:

(vote for me)
Well, not just for the vote. I'm changing my vote to Kate too. I like ties.

FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

thellama73 wrote:
FZ. wrote:
thellama73 wrote:

(vote for me)
Well, not just for the vote. I'm changing my vote to Kate too. I like ties.
Yeah, that was my reason too. But I forgot to vote. Okay, doing it now.
Bye
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

The Prologue has ended.

Post will be up in just a little while.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Willow [POLLS]

Post by Epignosis »

The power to control the universe is in which person?

Poll runs till Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:27 pm
You may select 1 option

Andrew
Kate (3), insertnamehere (4), S~V~S (5), bea (10), DharmaHelper (12)
31%

bea
No votes

birdwithteeth11
No votes

DharmaHelper
Andrew (8)
6%

Dom
No votes

Elohcin
No votes

FZ.
No votes

insertnamehere
Turnip Head (9)
6%

Kate
birdwithteeth11 (2), Dom (13), Sorsha (14), thellama73 (15), FZ. (16)
31%

Metalmarsh89
No votes

Sorsha
No votes

S~V~S
No votes

thellama73
Metalmarsh89 (6)
6%

Turnip Head
Elohcin (11)
6%

George Lucas (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
Epignosis (1), kneel4justice (7)
13%

Total votes : 16
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Day 1: Ignore the Bird; Follow the River

“Andrew! Andrew!” cried the crowd.

“But he’s only eight-years-old! How can he be trusted with so great a responsibility?” asked thellema73.

“Silence! It has been decided.”

The cheers of the crowd turned into cries of terror when a group of death dogs lunged into the village. The Nelwyn villagers fought with farm instruments and fire. Soon there was quiet.

“They were looking for someone’s baby!” a villager said, noting a broken crib.

It is now Day 1. You have 24 hours to lynch someone.

thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

See what happens when you trust children? Death dogs.

It's astonishing how infrequently people listen to me.

insertnamehere
Made Man
Posts in topic: 92

Post by insertnamehere »

Instead of saying "kill" or "murder", let's be honest. This is a silly forum game that we eliminate each other from to win. It's not personal, and shouldn't be treated as such. I feel like Andrew would not have a problem with eliminating his mom, because it's a game. But, I think Andrew is more likely to be a civ because he may not be able to keep it a secret from Kate. Now, if they were both on a baddie team, they would possibly be unstoppable. If he is civ, Andrew is going to be a huge target tonight.

So, I'm going to be around at night before I go to bed, and in the morning. This means I'm going to have to vote in the morning. I'll probably randomize. This will last until Wednesday.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Image Image Image
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

FZ, why did you vote to lynch Kate without saying anything?

Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 56
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

thellama73 wrote:See what happens when you trust children? Death dogs.

It's astonishing how infrequently people listen to me.
I had that same feeling last game. Pretty rotten.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 10

Post by Dom »

bea wrote:(I'm guessing it was the naughty word you edited out. :p ;) )
I'm bad at words.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

thellama73 wrote:FZ, why did you vote to lynch Kate without saying anything?
I did? I didn't even notice that. I have no idea how that vote came to be. I refreshed the page or something. That's the last thing I remember doing.
I'll change it, but I have no idea who to vote for. I might go for Elo, since I didn't like how she was "trying to get into Epi's head" :p Or DH, for voting for Andrew for no good reason.
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Well, that was a weird result.

And I thought (assumed) DH voted Andrew for voting him? If I recall correctly, Andrew got along pretty well with DH in Thomas. But i have no idea if that was actually the case, it was just an assumption on my part.
insertnamehere
Made Man
Posts in topic: 92

Post by insertnamehere »

So, I randomized and got Sorsha. Sorry.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Image Image Image
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 77

Post by DharmaHelper »

S~V~S wrote:Well, that was a weird result.

And I thought (assumed) DH voted Andrew for voting him? If I recall correctly, Andrew got along pretty well with DH in Thomas. But i have no idea if that was actually the case, it was just an assumption on my part.
Weird how?
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I expected it to sound more...totally positive, i guess? The "Yay" thing turned into vicious dogs attacking (which was an odd coincidence due to the death dogs in D & D yesterday, but that was not what I meant). The death dogs part was unexpected, I guess.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Man I hate Death Dogs.

Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Why are you explaining young Andrew's motivations?
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Turnip Head wrote:

Why are you explaining young Andrew's motivations?
I was not, I was responding to this remark that FZ made:
FZ. wrote:
thellama73 wrote:FZ, why did you vote to lynch Kate without saying anything?
I did? I didn't even notice that. I have no idea how that vote came to be. I refreshed the page or something. That's the last thing I remember doing.
I'll change it, but I have no idea who to vote for. I might go for Elo, since I didn't like how she was "trying to get into Epi's head" :p Or DH, for voting for Andrew for no good reason.
So actually, to be precise, i was explaining what i thought to be DHs motivations. If you read my post, then you read that one, which was the one right before it ;)

Why are you taking remarks out of context?
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

See what I did there?
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

I have no idea why I read your post wrong, lol. I find myself suspicious of your tone so far, and thought I had found a way to make a similar jab as one you recently made at me in a different game. :P

Return to “Previous Side Missions”