The Hobbit Mafia [Sign-Ups]

Moderator: Community Team

Well...?

I'm ready for adventure! (Yes)
94%
Adventures are scary! (No)
No votes
I'd rather sit in my hobbit-hole, drink tea, and blow smoke rings...for now. (Replacement)
No votes
I'm much too powerful and important for such frivolity. (Host/Mod)
6%

Total votes: 32
insertnamehere
Made Man
Posts in topic: 9

Re: The Hobbit Mafia [Sign-Ups]

Post by insertnamehere »

A Person wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:So, who else is being emotionally traumatized by Fargo?
I dunno Fargo.
Think of The Hobbit set in modern day Minnesota, only instead of Gandalf manipulating Martin Freeman into going on a journey, it's Billy Bob Thornton manipulating Martin Freeman to become a psychopath. It's also funny! Anybody who likes those actors, the original Coen Brothers film which it is based off of, or just quality television in general should check it out.

Also, the obligatory "What the hell kind of person are you? Do you live under a rock? Do you know which planet you're on?" comment.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Spoiler: show

Image Image Image
A Person
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 14

Post by A Person »

insertnamehere wrote:
A Person wrote:
I dunno Fargo.
Think of The Hobbit set in modern day Minnesota, only instead of Gandalf manipulating Martin Freeman into going on a journey, it's Billy Bob Thornton manipulating Martin Freeman to become a psychopath. It's also funny! Anybody who likes those actors, the original Coen Brothers film which it is based off of, or just quality television in general should check it out.

Also, the obligatory "What the hell kind of person are you? Do you live under a rock? Do you know which planet you're on?" comment.
someone i follow on tumblr loves the movie and thinks the tv show is crap, but i've seen neither and only the fact that it's in minnesota is all i know about it.
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

A Person wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:
A Person wrote:
I dunno Fargo.

someone i follow on tumblr loves the movie and thinks the tv show is crap, but i've seen neither and only the fact that it's in minnesota is all i know about it.
Well, that person is what we call wrong. The movie is pure cinematic genius, and the TV show is surprisingly a worthy successor. The TV show is a completely different story, different characters, different plotline. In the latest episode, the proverbial fecal waste struck the cooling device. At least give the pilot a try if you like Martin Freeman. You don't need to have seen the movie in order to watch the show, but you should anyway because of how amazing the movie is.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
Russtifinko
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 24
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Russtifinko »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Lol, this blooper person does fit in nicely already! I am going to make a motion to officially make your nickname Blooper if that's okay since your screenname does not lend itself to a nice letter abbreviation.

And yay Hedge!!!!!!
I second the motion to officially nickname Blooper Blooper. But I might say Ninja Blooper, since the beginning of the name looks like "ninja". Kind of.
nijuukyugou wrote:I'd like to play! I was in X-men mafia, but I was just a sock, so you won't recognize my (new) self/avatar/what have you. This looks fun!
Yay, welcome Ninja Blooper! :ninja: ....

MP, we need a Blooper smiley now! Those things are awesome.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Post by Russtifinko »

Hedgeowl wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:I'm going on an adventure!!!
:bliss: :hugs:
juliets wrote:
A Person wrote:
I dunno Fargo.
Fargo is one of my favorite movies ever
^wss
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Dom wrote:Is Hedgeowl still on a break?
Someone should ask her!

Or maybe we can all spam her inbox. :p
It goes to my spam e-mail, so... ;)
juliets wrote:
nijuukyugou wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
nijuukyugou wrote:Y'all are so nice :biggrin: Now I'm even more stoked about this game
No, I would not like to purchase knock-off Air Jordans from a website that will throw the malware in for free. :evileye:

*Member banned*
You, sir, are a bastard.
Oh my god, You put your finger on him immediately! You already fit right in here.
Agreed! Welcome, ninja!! :ninja: I will call you ninja and you shall be our ninja.

Oh and please upgrade me to player Russti. I knew reading this thread would make me want to play....dagnabit.
HEDGEOWL! I can't believe I forgot to PM you to play! But I'm SO glad you are playing. Wheeeee! :lorab:
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Lizzy
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 10

Post by Lizzy »

nijuukyugou wrote:I'd like to play! I was in X-men mafia, but I was just a sock, so you won't recognize my (new) self/avatar/what have you. This looks fun!
You were Phoenix, right? Sorry I killed you. :blush: Welcome! :hugs:
Hedgeowl wrote:
:srsnod: seriously folks it's the best. I mean come on, murder, raising dead people, and pie!!
HEDGIEEEEEEEEEEEE! :hugs:
Ture :O I was going to wait a bit because I finished it a few days ago, but WTF DF! How dare you? How can you recommend this when it ends the way it does and there is no season 3? OUTRAGEOUS! :WTF:

And while we're still in the Lee area, the first episode of Halt and Catch Fire is available online k.

Also, Rsusit, I think you can save the last spot for Marshy. ^__^
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman
Posts in topic: 7
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by nijuukyugou »

Lizzy wrote:
You were Phoenix, right? Sorry I killed you. :blush: Welcome! :hugs:
I forgive you :hug:
Last edited by nijuukyugou on Thu May 22, 2014 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 4

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

FYI, I am going to be on a mini-vacation from the 29th to the 1st (so in a week through that following Sunday). I will have some time to check in when I can, but probably won't be around much those days.
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

OK, Memorial Day weekend is upon us! I'll be traveling on Friday (tomorrow) and Tuesday next week so if we start on one of those two days I may be a little slow to respond. Can't wait to start though!
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Post by Russtifinko »

birdwithteeth11 wrote:FYI, I am going to be on a mini-vacation from the 29th to the 1st (so in a week through that following Sunday). I will have some time to check in when I can, but probably won't be around much those days.
juliets wrote:OK, Memorial Day weekend is upon us! I'll be traveling on Friday (tomorrow) and Tuesday next week so if we start on one of those two days I may be a little slow to respond. Can't wait to start though!
That's fine! Like I said, if either of you can't vote during those times I'll award you gold anyway, since I'm so happy you joined up.

If Metalmarsh is in that means only 3 spots are left!! (4 would be ideal though, so I don't have to cut any roles I really love.) So I'm hoping we'll be starting by this weekend!
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
DFaraday
Money Launderer

Post by DFaraday »

Lizzy wrote: Ture :O I was going to wait a bit because I finished it a few days ago, but WTF DF! How dare you? How can you recommend this when it ends the way it does and there is no season 3? OUTRAGEOUS! :WTF:
Sorry, but as a Firefly fan, I guess I'm desensitized to lack of closure. :p
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 11

Post by Dom »

Who're we missing? :)
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
A Person
Loan Shark

Post by A Person »

DFaraday wrote:
Lizzy wrote: Ture :O I was going to wait a bit because I finished it a few days ago, but WTF DF! How dare you? How can you recommend this when it ends the way it does and there is no season 3? OUTRAGEOUS! :WTF:
Sorry, but as a Firefly fan, I guess I'm desensitized to lack of closure. :p
Serenity gave some closure, but I know that feel :sigh:
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

While I'm in the market of pimping out TV shows, why don't you guys check out Hannibal?

Made by the same guy behind Pushing Daisies, starring Mads Mikkleson and Lawrence Fishburne. It's maybe my favorite thing on television right now. It's simultaneously beautiful and disgusting. The most shocking thing about is the fact that it's on NBC. With the amount of gore they get away with, it seems more like a show on HBO or Showtime.

Also, it's just been renewed for a season three!
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Post by Russtifinko »

Dom wrote:Who're we missing? :)
I really don't know! I think I've tried everyone at this point, but I'm consulting MP for stragglers.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
A Person
Loan Shark

Post by A Person »

The only current show I'm watching is Mushishi Zoku Shou.
FZ.
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 8

Post by FZ. »

What about Roxy and Bea?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Roxy is on break, although I know she has been stalking the thread :)
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Think we can convince Bea to join yet another game?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Post by Russtifinko »

Dom wrote:Who're we missing? :)
Update Time!

Among people who haven't responded yet, I have contacted AceofSpaces, bea, blindfaeth, boo, Boogs, DH, Kate, Matahari, Mister Rearranger, Nevinera, nutella, and timmer.

I really thought bea would be interested. She loves the Hobbit, and she originally volunteered to co-host, but I told her that if she'd like to play I could probably handle hosting. I thought Kate might want to join, since her avatar is Tauriel. And I kind of thought DH would, too.
S~V~S wrote:Roxy is on break, although I know she has been stalking the thread :)
Messaging her now!

Either way, I'd very much like to start the game sooner rather than later. I am strongly considering starting Day 0 tomorrow, Monday, even if we don't get any more players, and trimming the roles accordingly.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Post by Russtifinko »

By the way, if there's someone I've missed who you think might be interested, please let me know!
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

With the Holiday weekend, people are probably pretty busy, so maybe some people will sign up shortly here and you won't have to trim anything.

Nonetheless, I'm so excited for this!!
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

MovingPictures07 wrote: Nonetheless, I'm so excited for this!!
No, I am.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

I wish the game would just start. This week is the least busy I'm going to be for the next couple of months. What a waste :sigh:
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Post by Russtifinko »

Thanks for signing up, Spaghetti!
FZ. wrote:I wish the game would just start. This week is the least busy I'm going to be for the next couple of months. What a waste :sigh:
I know, right!

MP has informed me that a final spurt of recruiting activity is underway. Accordingly, I will be starting Day 0 on Wednesday to give that some time to bear fruit. If we don't have 31 (the ideal I'm shooting for) by then, I will leave some random roles unfilled. Then deadies (or anyone, as far as I'm concerned) can fill those if they wish, and I'll still get to run the game without cutting anything major.

So we will be starting soon! Be ready!

By the way, I know I haven't said anything yet, but I have been flabbergasted by the enthusiasm for this game among those who hav signed up! So many people have Hobbit avatars and such. I really hope I can do the book (and to a slightly lesser extent the movie) justice.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Russtifinko wrote: By the way, I know I haven't said anything yet, but I have been flabbergasted by the enthusiasm for this game among those who hav signed up! So many people have Hobbit avatars and such. I really hope I can do the book (and to a slightly lesser extent the movie) justice.
Sorry, but you are stuck with Skeletor.

Skeletor would have improved any of Tolkien's works anyway. :feb:
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Post by Russtifinko »

Epignosis wrote:
Skeletor would have improved any of Tolkien's works anyway. :feb:
This is actually true. SKELETOR!!! :knight2:
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

I feel like I am overdue for a new avatar. I'll have to think about it.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

There we go. Not very Tolkien, I'm afraid.

S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I am sticking with spring Domo for now. I had a phase where all of my avis were Domo. I might look for a Hobbit or LOTR Domo.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I did find a Star Wars Domo:

A Person
Loan Shark

Post by A Person »

I wanted to change my avatar to the sentient fox who comes across bilbo and the dwarves sleeping but there aren't any depictions of it.
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

I would be Tom Bombadil, but it wouldn't really fit the theme of the game I'm hosting.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

insertnamehere wrote:I would be Tom Bombadil, but it wouldn't really fit the theme of the game I'm hosting.
He doesn't appear in the Hobbit, silly.

thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

A Person wrote:I wanted to change my avatar to the sentient fox who comes across bilbo and the dwarves sleeping but there aren't any depictions of it.
And neither does he!

A Person
Loan Shark

Post by A Person »

thellama73 wrote:
A Person wrote:I wanted to change my avatar to the sentient fox who comes across bilbo and the dwarves sleeping but there aren't any depictions of it.
And neither does he!
The film?
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

A Person wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
And neither does he!
The film?

The fox you speak of is in the Fellowship of the Ring, not the Hobbit. He is watching Frodo, Merry, Pippin and Sam, not the Dwarves.

Am I the only one here who reads Tolkien?

A Person
Loan Shark

Post by A Person »

thellama73 wrote:
A Person wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
And neither does he!
The film?

The fox you speak of is in the Fellowship of the Ring, not the Hobbit. He is watching Frodo, Merry, Pippin and Sam, not the Dwarves.

Am I the only one here who reads Tolkien?
I could have them mixed up, it's been years since I read LotR. I just know there was a fox and I know it fits the style of The Hobbit more and that it happeend when they were sleeping in the woods in the rain or something.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

An absolute shame that Tolkien, a linguist, could have answered the question for us all:

What does the Fox say?
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Epignosis wrote:An absolute shame that Tolkien, a linguist, could have answered the question for us all:

What does the Fox say?
u win the internet
A Person
Loan Shark

Post by A Person »

Epignosis wrote:An absolute shame that Tolkien, a linguist, could have answered the question for us all:

What does the Fox say?
the answer is kinda disappointing

S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

So the fox says "RAAAAO, RAAAAO"?

That is kinda anti climactic, really.
A Person
Loan Shark

Post by A Person »

S~V~S wrote:So the fox says "RAAAAO, RAAAAO"?

A fox sounding like other canines kind of makes sense when you think about it.
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Hey, another player :D There are 31 players if you count MM.
Come on Russ, now you're just being greedy :p
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Post by Russtifinko »

insertnamehere wrote:I would be Tom Bombadil, but it wouldn't really fit the theme of the game I'm hosting.
I love him too! I am working on a follow-up to this game that will be LotR-based, and I and hoping he'll make an appearance. :D
S~V~S wrote:So the fox says "RAAAAO, RAAAAO"?

I think they do kind of a croak and a crying-baby kind of "WAAAAAAaaaaah" too, if that makes you feel any better!
FZ. wrote:Hey, another player :D There are 31 players if you count MM.
There's only 28! C'mon, mayne!

Anyway, we're starting Wednesday unless we get 3 more. So if you REALLY want to start today, invite your kids! Invite your wife! Invite your husband because we want everybody to play here! (Do that last part in autotune in your head.)
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Lizzy
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 10

Post by Lizzy »

The last spots are always the ones that are harder to fill. :\ Has anyone contacted Splintsie? Btw, my offer still stands. I suppose can do with only 4 roles. We'll use some sockpuppets so no-one knows it is in fact me. Think about it. It's brilliant. :mafia:
FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Russtifinko wrote:
FZ. wrote:Hey, another player :D There are 31 players if you count MM.
There's only 28! C'mon, mayne!

Anyway, we're starting Wednesday unless we get 3 more. So if you REALLY want to start today, invite your kids! Invite your wife! Invite your husband because we want everybody to play here! (Do that last part in autotune in your head.)
:derp: Oops, for some reason I looked at the number of the last one to join...Anyway, 28 seems great to me ;)
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

What if I don't have kids, wife, husband, etc? :p
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Dom wrote:What if I don't have kids, wife, husband, etc? :p
Well, go get some quick. I already ordered 5 Russian mail brides and adopted 10 kids for this game.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA

Image Image Image
Marmot
Marmot
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I'm back and I'm in. You can keep me at number 30 though.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Mafia: Image Image Image Image
Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.

Return to “Previous Job Sign-Ups”