[END] Fight Club Mafia

Moderator: Community Team

Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 60

Re: [DAY 5] Fight Club Mafia

Post by Bullzeye »

Roxy wrote:Bullz- Potato, pahtahto. They both wanted it to be city vs city. Then I am totes at the top of your weirdo list as I avoided fighting even when I could have.
*All I am saying is give peace a chance*
You haven't explained what's wrong with wanting to fight or with voting for myself to fight.

As far as Llama and DH are concerned, in my opinion there is an important (and clear) difference between the tone and underlying intention of their suggestions and that is all I was trying to point out in the posts that you claim are me 'defending' him.
Sorsha
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 35

Post by Sorsha »

I did this for my own notes but thought I'd share with all of you. These are the fights from each night, the * after the name denotes the winner.

Wilmington
Day 1 Spaghetti vs Boogs*
Day 2 Bullzeye vs Sorsha*
Day 3 LC vs llama*
Day 4 Bullzeye* vs Dom

Delaware City
Day 1 bwt* vs Aces
Day 2 DP vs unfurl* (DP died during the fight)
Day 3 inh* vs SVS
Day 4 Hedgeowl vs Nevinera*

New Castle
Day 1 DH* vs Kate
Day 2 BR* vs Keterman
Day 3 timmer* vs nijuukyugou
Day 4 bea* vs MR

Penns Grove
Day 1 daisy* vs timmer
Day 2 Spaghetti* vs FH
Day 3 johns* vs Russti
Day 4 Lea* vs vomps

I am also putting forth my crazy theory that the recruits are chosen from the winners each night. So night one boogs, bwt, DH or daisy would have been the choices that Tyler had for project Mayhem. Night 2 would be Sorsha, unfurl, BR or Spaghetti. Night three llama, inh, timmer or johns and night 4 bullz, nev, bea or lea.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 100
It’s my birthday

Post by S~V~S »

thellama73 wrote:You know, since we're all asking questions that there's no chance MP will answer.
What's wrong with asking? Sometimes hosts DO answer.

Wow this is a chatty thread. I just skimmed a bit back to when I posted last. On the way home, will finish catching up and start on the other threads when I get home.

Linki, ooo interesting theory.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Roxy
Hitman
Posts in topic: 20
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Post by Roxy »

For me the thing wrong with pushing to fight when you already had fought was that you were hoping to increase your skill level - something I do not want. I wanted people who had fought to wait and give everyone a chance to fight so that one or more people didn'thave a higher skill level than everyone else. for all I know you could be a recruit/Tyler trying to up your skill level giving the townies no chance. or vice versa. If you are a townie then I would think you would understand this.
;)
Vompatti
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 11

Post by Vompatti »

I need to go to school and get my degree. I'd like to earn extra money by taking surveys online.
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Roxy wrote:For me the thing wrong with pushing to fight when you already had fought was that you were hoping to increase your skill level - something I do not want. I wanted people who had fought to wait and give everyone a chance to fight so that one or more people didn'thave a higher skill level than everyone else. for all I know you could be a recruit/Tyler trying to up your skill level giving the townies no chance. or vice versa. If you are a townie then I would think you would understand this.
Yeah I'm quite open about the fact I'm trying to increase my skill level. Might protect me against recruits or whoever, I dunno. I don't know if it will come into play but I'm glad to have increased my level. Do you really think anyone from Day 2 onwards was fighting just to fight? No. Everyone who wanted to fight wanted to win and build up their skill level. That doesn't make any of us bad.
Sorsha
Money Launderer

Post by Sorsha »

Roxy wrote:For me the thing wrong with pushing to fight when you already had fought was that you were hoping to increase your skill level - something I do not want. I wanted people who had fought to wait and give everyone a chance to fight so that one or more people didn'thave a higher skill level than everyone else. for all I know you could be a recruit/Tyler trying to up your skill level giving the townies no chance. or vice versa. If you are a townie then I would think you would understand this.
I understand your point here but a theory going around in a couple of the towns I visited was that in order to kill Tyler someone would have to fight him. In order to fight him it was thought that a pretty high skill level would be needed, so I also understand players wanting to fight a second time.

I wonder if our "skill levels" have bearing on the game anymore....?
Canucklehead
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 40

Post by Canucklehead »

Sorsha's idea of the recruit pool possibly being formed from fight winners is an interesting one, for sure. I'm not willing to only look at fight winners, of course (and I don't think Sorsha was suggesting this at all)...but it's a nifty theory and I am definitely willing to play around with it in my brain for a while.
Roxy
Hitman
Posts in topic: 20
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Post by Roxy »

Sorsha wrote:
I understand your point here but a theory going around in a couple of the towns I visited was that in order to kill Tyler someone would have to fight him. In order to fight him it was thought that a pretty high skill level would be needed, so I also understand players wanting to fight a second time.

I wonder if our "skill levels" have bearing on the game anymore....?
It was brought up in wilmington too - from people who had fought once already - I want to say it was Timmer or DH that said it.
;)
unfurl
The Mark
Posts in topic: 78

Post by unfurl »

I also wonder if the recruits were picked from the winners
as being a winner myself, and actually the only one with blood in their hand from beating DP too much ( i imagining with a fish :fishslap: ) I know I was not picked :p but we know for a fact DH was winner day/night 1 and was a recruit
so there could be something to the theory , but it can also turn out a witch hunt, as meaning 3 were not recruit and only 1 was, so odds against it
but is defitnely something to keep in mind
unfurl
The Mark

Post by unfurl »

Bullzeye wrote:
unfurl wrote:I was thinking, who were the people who were very eager to fight more then once?

like I got the impression DH wanted to fight everywhere he was, when he had done it at least once,
so maybe among people who were very excited to fight a lot times, could be other recruits or tyler himself

maybe there is a connection there, on people wanted to fight really bad,
but to find out that, it will imply to read all the threads, and to assume everyone behave the same?
which will very likely is not, cause not everyone behaves the same
also we dont know, how many recruits there are this time? Is day 5, so if there has been at least one per period, around 4 will be my less guess, but maybe more
What's wrong with wanting to fight? After the first round we knew that losing didn't automatically mean death, but winning meant you gained fighting experience (which may or may not be important later)? I think it's stranger people didn't want to fight, like maybe they've got too much to lose to dare risking the more negative consequences of a loss.
DH was a recruit, and can you deny he did not seem so eager to fight every place he went? thats whats wrong cause DH= baddie recruit
what if recruited people gained a lot more by winnng, then the unrecruited civvies?
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
It’s my birthday

Post by S~V~S »

Sorsha said~ I understand your point here but a theory going around in a couple of the towns I visited was that in order to kill Tyler someone would have to fight him. In order to fight him it was thought that a pretty high skill level would be needed, so I also understand players wanting to fight a second time.
Interesting theory, but it was a theory. My thought, and apparently I was not the only one to think it, was that until we knew what was what, not letting any one person gain too much power was a good idea. Since DH was adamant about wanting to fight, and he turned up bad, maybe it was a good point. Since we did not seem to be having any traditional NKs either, I was thinking that controlling the fights might be the way they might have tried to make up for that. Now that we are in a more traditional format, and not even sure if the fights will continue, that could change.

But an interesting theory, even a really good one, is something to keep in mind, but not something to stop people from taking precautions until they know what is going on. I am curious as to who laid that theory out, DH? :haha:

Time for Vodka, Pizza & Penns Grove.
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman
Posts in topic: 6
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by nijuukyugou »

Lots to read. I'm trying to keep it in bite-sized pieces, but holy crap. I'm off to participate in the Beerlympics for the night, but I'll be back to read and hopefully offer up some helpful thoughts. Just checking in :)
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
It’s my birthday

Post by S~V~S »

Bullzeye wrote:
unfurl wrote:I was thinking, who were the people who were very eager to fight more then once?

like I got the impression DH wanted to fight everywhere he was, when he had done it at least once,
so maybe among people who were very excited to fight a lot times, could be other recruits or tyler himself

but to find out that, it will imply to read all the threads, and to assume everyone behave the same?
also we dont know, how many recruits there are this time? Is day 5, so if there has been at least one per period, around 4 will be my less guess, but maybe more
What's wrong with wanting to fight? After the first round we knew that losing didn't automatically mean death, but winning meant you gained fighting experience (which may or may not be important later)? I think it's stranger people didn't want to fight, like maybe they've got too much to lose to dare risking the more negative consequences of a loss.
Nothing, I wanted to fight, and I did fight. My point was that perhaps it would not be a bad idea not to let any one or two people get too high up in levels at first. And if the same people kept fighting every day, and others kept getting shut out, that would have led to some people being much more powerful than others. What if those people were baddies? Oh, wait, one of them pushing this idea was.

Also, Keterman, I get your point. But llama acts like this regardless of affiliation. He has a hard on for low posters, and is predictably unpredictable. I really have seen him act like this when good and when bad. I will keep your thoughts in mind when I read back in the other threads as soon as I catch up to todays posts, but i have not seen anything so far to nudge me in one direction over the other as regards Llama at this point.

Also, isn't Marla kind of a civvie role? Marla, the Narrator, the police, the PI, and the decoder are all listed in the same color as the civ pool. Should we be speculating about who she is?
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 39
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

i'm going to a party that won't be over until the poll end time, so i need to vote now. i'm going with bullz.

worst case scenario, if he's an unrecruited civ then he can just replace back in for nevi.
Black Rock
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 26

Post by Black Rock »

Roxy wrote: BR - what did you make of the exchange betwixt you and Keterman in Wilmington?

What do you mean?
ImageImage
Sorsha
Money Launderer

Post by Sorsha »

S~V~S wrote:
Sorsha said~ I understand your point here but a theory going around in a couple of the towns I visited was that in order to kill Tyler someone would have to fight him. In order to fight him it was thought that a pretty high skill level would be needed, so I also understand players wanting to fight a second time.
Interesting theory, but it was a theory. My thought, and apparently I was not the only one to think it, was that until we knew what was what, not letting any one person gain too much power was a good idea. Since DH was adamant about wanting to fight, and he turned up bad, maybe it was a good point. Since we did not seem to be having any traditional NKs either, I was thinking that controlling the fights might be the way they might have tried to make up for that. Now that we are in a more traditional format, and not even sure if the fights will continue, that could change.

But an interesting theory, even a really good one, is something to keep in mind, but not something to stop people from taking precautions until they know what is going on. I am curious as to who laid that theory out, DH? :haha:

Time for Vodka, Pizza & Penns Grove.
:ponder: I'll go back and look in the Wilmington thread since I think that's where i remember it happening...
Sorsha
Money Launderer

Post by Sorsha »

Hedgeowl
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 43

Post by Hedgeowl »

thellama73 wrote:
timmer wrote:Interesting. hedge, any follow-up? considering thellama's reply too you, my ping is getting stronger. ..

Roxy, I make no apology for wanting to fight! it seemed like the game was going to be a serIes of fights and if you go through my posts youll find one where I broke down in detail my thoughts on how people would survive this game. it involved poker analogies. I stand by my reasoning. I think trying to find baddies by looking at people whowanted top fight, when the game isfight club, is maybe not the greatest idea personally. what do you think of hedge??,
I actually think she is telling the truth. I was just messing with her.
:rolleyes: I did wonder why you conveniently left off our once shared hometown in Georgia.

Also, I agree that it is very likely that Nev is civ. Having been in DC briefly with him I would think it less likely that he would would be recruited etc. There were only 4 people at the time. Now I think the theory about recruits coming from winners is a really interesting one especially in light of DH's recruitment. The one part that doesnt make sense to me is if DH were recruited from being a winner, why would he want to fight again so much? It did read very oddly in DC his back and forth with SVS and why he insisted on trying to fight again.
Turnip Head wrote: We need to lynch Pennsylvania Bitch.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
It’s my birthday

Post by S~V~S »

I am in Penns Grove Night 4, and so far DH has been fluffing everybody.

Linki A, Thanks Sorsha, although in Penns Grove, i saw Bea mention it, i think so far the only mention of it I have seen.
Linki B, @ Hedge, he might want to fight again to gain powah. Level up, etc.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
It’s my birthday

Post by S~V~S »

OK, this whole thing from Penns Grove, Night 4, reads kinda *distancing* to me. Her first post in the thread was something like"Whatever you do don't vote for DH, he's too eager". Which I agreed with. But he seemed so blase about people voting for other people compared to the aggressive way he acted in DC with me. Then there was this exchange. Like she pointed out, she was not the only person not buying what he was selling; why did he single her out?
DharmaHelper wrote:
Leamiteo wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:
Leamiteo wrote:May the best fighter win, Vomp!

Oooohh, Chicago! I like the city IRL and that sounds like a neat place to check out the fight club there! I think I had better wait to vote to see what happens with the fight? Or if I vote to move and then (God forbid) get seriously injured I would just stay here Host, yes?
Are you going to keep cock blocking me?
Um, defensive much? Am I the only one voting in this thread for who fights? Aren't a bunch of other people hyped up about a new city to move around in? Yes. Don't blame me solely for your not getting to fight last night, please and thank you. This is another example of your behavior in being overly eager I was talking about; this is my first time fighting. I'll gladly vote for someone who hasn't had the chance yet on this next night phase. I, like you, don't have an issue with taking turns and letting others fight.

No, my reason to move has nothing to do with you in fact. Perhaps I'll go back to New Castle where I started to see what the buzz is over there.
In fairness, you're also publicly and openly discouraging other players from allowing me to fight. So yeah, I'm a bit defensive when it comes to your tactics. Am I upset? Not really. I'm just confused why it is you've so aggressively singled me out.. I'm just trying to play the game. I get very bored just voting and waiting for 72 hours at a time.
Then she posts this:
Leamiteo wrote:OK, so I just voted to move to New Castle. Have fun in Chicago, you windy city visitors! I'll perhaps pop over another time. I'll give you some space DH. Are we cool? I hope so. I'm just here to have fun, not to upset anyone, but yes, to kill some people. :feb:

Mafia on!
To put the soft edge on it? I have done this exact thing when bad; hissing a bit and showing the claws to a teammate, them backing off. This exchange really got my attention. Especially since she backed off even more after this.

Now onto New Castle.
Russtifinko
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 24
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Russtifinko »

Ummmm, can someone explain what is happening and why I can see all the threads now?
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Russtifinko
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 24
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Russtifinko »

I am tired and lost. Voting Vompers for now and trying to catch up over the weekend.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
It’s my birthday

Post by S~V~S »

In DHs favor, and by this I mean perhaps it makes his recruitment more difficult to pinpoint, and makes his aggression a moot point, this is his first post in the game, when he could not have been bad, since he was a recruit, not tyler:
DharmaHelper wrote:I want to fight.
Lea & DH moved on together. I posted this poll from DC in New Castle, i had forgotten about it. Not that it would have mattered had they had BTS; quite the opposite actually; I would want to spread the BTS out. This makes that last post feel less distancey to me, more genuine on Leas part.

Linki~ we have become one big happy Fight Thread :knight3:
timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 101

Post by timmer »

@SVS, just now on my break I read back through the Day 1 where DH was all "I wanna fight", and something I noticed was his insistence that night that everyone should either stay or go as a group. He really, really pushed the idea. What if DH got recruited at the start of the night, the recruitment having nothing to do with the fact he would win the fight, and it happened because Tyler Durden was in that fight club at the time? What if DH, a brand new recruit, was used to promote the idea of moving or staying as a group, so that Tyler Durden's movements wouldn't be easily trackable?

Imagine if every time we find a recruit, a certain player was in that fight club at the time, etc. It would reveal Tyler easily. So get everyone to move in a big group, harder to find Tyler. The peolpe who agreed with DH and voted to move with him were Long Con (3), Bullzeye (4), Mister Rearranger (5). It should be noted that Kyle also agreed with the reasnoing, but apparently didn't vote. Leaniteo mentioned DH's ideas but never really committed to the plan and also didn't vote, it appears.

This leads me to plan to concentrate a bit on those DH followers late tonight when I get home.
My siggie.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Day 2, in Wilmington, DH was still talking about moving groups together: "Also, what I suggest would be funny would be if BWT, myself, boogs, and whoever wins this upcoming fight all go to the same place." Also, DH and bullz voted to move together that night, heading together to DC, along with Nevinera and SVS. Only bullz lost his fight badly and had to sit out.

So I could see a connection between DH and bullz, especially because Day 2 DH mentioned that he was considering voting for bullz to fight,
My siggie.
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer

Post by Hedgeowl »

S~V~S wrote:I am in Penns Grove Night 4, and so far DH has been fluffing everybody.

Linki A, Thanks Sorsha, although in Penns Grove, i saw Bea mention it, i think so far the only mention of it I have seen.
Linki B, @ Hedge, he might want to fight again to gain powah. Level up, etc.
This is true, but if he was recruited it makes me wonder if that would be his strategy even more. Were there other eager 2nd fighters? It creates an interesting conundrum if the winners of fights are possibly recruited, then those would be the ones we target first you would think. The question is are fights now over or will they commence again?

I will probably be voting for someone who won a fight based on the evidence of DH being recruited.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 21

Post by Spacedaisy »

DharmaHelper wrote:Man, I see in Fight Club Mafia the strongest and smartest players who've ever played. I see all this potential, and I see squandering. God damn it, an entire generation missing votes, No-Uing; nubs with white collars. Mafia has us depending on BTSC and role powers, solving puzzles we hate so we can win prizes we don't need. We're the middle children of Mafia, man. No purpose or place. We have no WIFOM. No Linkitis. Our WIFOM's a spiritual WIFOM... our Linkitis is our lives. We've all been raised on the internet to believe that one day we'd all be civvies, and SK's, and Indies. But we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very, very pissed off.
this was epic, just saying...
Sorsha wrote:I did this for my own notes but thought I'd share with all of you. These are the fights from each night, the * after the name denotes the winner.

Wilmington
Day 1 Spaghetti vs Boogs*
Day 2 Bullzeye vs Sorsha*
Day 3 LC vs llama*
Day 4 Bullzeye* vs Dom

Delaware City
Day 1 bwt* vs Aces
Day 2 DP vs unfurl* (DP died during the fight)
Day 3 inh* vs SVS
Day 4 Hedgeowl vs Nevinera*

New Castle
Day 1 DH* vs Kate
Day 2 BR* vs Keterman
Day 3 timmer* vs nijuukyugou
Day 4 bea* vs MR

Penns Grove
Day 1 daisy* vs timmer
Day 2 Spaghetti* vs FH
Day 3 johns* vs Russti
Day 4 Lea* vs vomps

I am also putting forth my crazy theory that the recruits are chosen from the winners each night. So night one boogs, bwt, DH or daisy would have been the choices that Tyler had for project Mayhem. Night 2 would be Sorsha, unfurl, BR or Spaghetti. Night three llama, inh, timmer or johns and night 4 bullz, nev, bea or lea.
And that is a theory I can completely see being accurate. I think it's our best shot at possibly finding recruits at the moment
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Kylemii
Bodice of Reason
Posts in topic: 39
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Kylemii »

Ilove Jou el

O.Lo e.ebsryp.sokngle.sk.e of Jou.o hole I know tbste
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

unfurl wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:

DH was a recruit, and can you deny he did not seem so eager to fight every place he went? thats whats wrong cause DH= baddie recruit
what if recruited people gained a lot more by winnng, then the unrecruited civvies?
Well now you're just guessing. Did you notice that nobody who won a fight actually ever got to fight again? If all the recruits were winners and they gained something extra by winning, surely one of them would have managed to eventually get the chance to fight a second time?
S~V~S wrote:
I don't think anyone was controlling fights. Granted I was stuck in one city for almost the entire game and so couldn't travel, but even having read through other cities now it doesn't seem like that was the case. I refer back to the fact that winners never fought again. If winners get recruited, and recruits want to fight again (these two theories don't actually match up - if only recruits fight and win then nobody new can be recruited) then surely the recruits would have done a better job at controlling who gets to fight?
Kylemii wrote:i'm going to a party that won't be over until the poll end time, so i need to vote now. i'm going with bullz.

worst case scenario, if he's an unrecruited civ then he can just replace back in for nevi.
This is really lazy. You haven't actually contributed to anything against me, just said you'd been thinking about it earlier. When exactly was this 'earlier'? We were only in the same city twice iirc, right at the beginning when only DH wanted to fight and then on day 3 when I was injured and couldn't post. Also saying it's fine to lynch a civ because I'll just replace back in sounds like you know you're wrong and are coming up with an excuse before it's proven so you can fall back onto it later. Pretty weak really.
timmer wrote:Day 2, in Wilmington, DH was still talking about moving groups together: "Also, what I suggest would be funny would be if BWT, myself, boogs, and whoever wins this upcoming fight all go to the same place." Also, DH and bullz voted to move together that night, heading together to DC, along with Nevinera and SVS. Only bullz lost his fight badly and had to sit out.

So I could see a connection between DH and bullz, especially because Day 2 DH mentioned that he was considering voting for bullz to fight,
DH had nothing to do with my vote on day two. Read my posts. I wanted to go to DC because I wanted to go somewhere I hadn't been and of the two options (DC and Penn) more people were talking about going to DC.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
It’s my birthday

Post by S~V~S »

Bullz, addressing the point where you quote me, I don't subscribe to the theory that only fight winners could be recruited. That would make the recruits super obvious, and a very limited pool. We did not know what the mechanics were, but the host did. I like Timmer's geography theory; that Tyler recruited based on being in the same city as DH.

Had DP not died, I might even be thinking the fights were a distraction the host set up. He is certainly evil enough.
johns2jj
Posts in topic: 4

Post by johns2jj »

Was the vote extended?
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 162

Post by thellama73 »

S~V~S wrote:Bullz, addressing the point where you quote me, I don't subscribe to the theory that only fight winners could be recruited. That would make the recruits super obvious, and a very limited pool. We did not know what the mechanics were, but the host did. I like Timmer's geography theory; that Tyler recruited based on being in the same city as DH.

Had DP not died, I might even be thinking the fights were a distraction the host set up. He is certainly evil enough.
I like this post a lot, because it distinguishes between a sensible theory based on logic (timmer) and random guessing (fight winners are recruits.) I agree that Timmer's idea is very clever and it is worth thinking about further, but in general, I am not a fan of just making up hypotheses about secret game mechanics and basing votes on those. (and it's not just because I won a fight :P )
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 83

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

Roxy wrote:It was the Wilmington thread for both Teeth.

However in New Castle DH did too say he wanted to gang up (or more similar wording to llama than either DH OR bullz want to admit to) on new comers (or just like llama proposed - an us vs them mentality.

I will gladly pull the quotes inre: DH when I get home.

Linky I was there Timmer so I know what you said and how you said it but you still were making reasons as why you should get to fight a second time when others had not fought one time.
This is the only post I can find that is semi-related to Timmer in Wilmington:

http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 513#p73513

Is that what you're referring to? Because otherwise, I don't see one where he is volunteering to fight a second time.
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

I believe that Alex loves to create games that closely conform to their theme. Given that fact I think anyone who fights would be the pool of candidates for project mayhem members, not just the winners. Project Mayhem did funnel members from fight club, so it makes a lot of sense. I would guess that this will change in the new game format though, since there don't seem to be fights anymore there will be another way to recruit I'm sure.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

timmer wrote:@SVS, just now on my break I read back through the Day 1 where DH was all "I wanna fight", and something I noticed was his insistence that night that everyone should either stay or go as a group. He really, really pushed the idea. What if DH got recruited at the start of the night, the recruitment having nothing to do with the fact he would win the fight, and it happened because Tyler Durden was in that fight club at the time? What if DH, a brand new recruit, was used to promote the idea of moving or staying as a group, so that Tyler Durden's movements wouldn't be easily trackable?

Imagine if every time we find a recruit, a certain player was in that fight club at the time, etc. It would reveal Tyler easily. So get everyone to move in a big group, harder to find Tyler. The peolpe who agreed with DH and voted to move with him were Long Con (3), Bullzeye (4), Mister Rearranger (5). It should be noted that Kyle also agreed with the reasnoing, but apparently didn't vote. Leaniteo mentioned DH's ideas but never really committed to the plan and also didn't vote, it appears.

This leads me to plan to concentrate a bit on those DH followers late tonight when I get home.
This is actually a very interesting theory. And honestly, I find it more likely than Tyler recruiting from among fight winners. Because if he only picked winners, then that would be incredibly easy for us to knock out all of his recruits.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Spacedaisy wrote:I believe that Alex loves to create games that closely conform to their theme. Given that fact I think anyone who fights would be the pool of candidates for project mayhem members, not just the winners. Project Mayhem did funnel members from fight club, so it makes a lot of sense. I would guess that this will change in the new game format though, since there don't seem to be fights anymore there will be another way to recruit I'm sure.
So by this theory, are you saying that Tyler can only recruit from people who had fought? Because that would still seem to limit his pool of available candidates, albeit nowhere near as much as only picking from winners.

Either he has another way of recruiting, any theory related to recruiting people who fought is bollocks, or he's reached a limit in terms of how many people he can recruit. And thus why the game changed and we're all in one thread now.
unfurl
The Mark

Post by unfurl »

I dont want to miss the vote, cause I still thinking people who do not vote will get modkilled or maybe one of them will be lynched instead?
And I like keeping my head where it belongs, in my body :P
So votting now
Cause Im busy today, and will be offline most of the game-day

Im votting for Bullz, as I feel there is a connection bewteen him and DH
This is sort feels more like day 1 even is day 5, where we actually looking for baddies to lynch instead of just running around wondering what the heck is we are supossed to be doing :omg:

Also for so many players playing, it feels like so many people are not even playing :|
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Yeah, it honestly feels a bit quiet with a 30+ player list. I came back this morning figuring I'd have a good 4-5 pages to read up on from not checking in yesterday afternoon or evening at all. But I think that's one of the negative side-effects of such a large game: a lot of people feel overwhelmed and thus don't contribute because they have a hard time feeling grounded.

That being said, I would still like to hear from those people. The more contributing, the better.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 52
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

I followed along with DH and company in the first move because it was comprised mostly of my Rev friends, and it was cool to hang with them. I actually intended to go with them again, but I missed the vote in Wilmington. Then I liked how easy it was to stay in a place, because there's not so much catch-up reading to do, so I decided to stay in Wilmington indefinitely. Then I lost a fight there and got seriously injured, keeping me there whether I wanted to or not.

Anyways, I didn't follow DH because he's bad and I'm bad with him. I just went where the party was. :fiesta:

I am leaving for the cottage in a few hours, so I'm going to vote now. I will be gone until Monday afternoon, EST, so I won't be posting till then. There's no Internet or cell reception up there, so if I need to vote for something at night then I'll talk to BR on the phone and get her to come in as me and carry out my wishes, so it will likely be a "drive-by" vote with no explanation post until Monday.

Who to vote for now? Well, there are similarities between DH and llama's playstyle so far... and llama DID seriously injure me (still a little sore), so thellama73 gets my vote today. :feb:

*votes llama*
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 162

Post by thellama73 »

I'm glad you're okay now, Long Con. I felt pretty bad after injuring you so severely. I just wanted a fun little fight, not a massacre.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

So I was thinking of it like fighting would be considered being part of fight club, but it hit me today that each of those threads were fight so anyone in them, whether they fought or not were in a fight club. I don't think the fight participants thing holds water when I realized this. It was a blonde moment, what can I say? It is interesting to think Tyler could have recruited from the fight club he was in. That would make more sense to me.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

bullzeye wrote:
timmer wrote:Day 2, in Wilmington, DH was still talking about moving groups together: "Also, what I suggest would be funny would be if BWT, myself, boogs, and whoever wins this upcoming fight all go to the same place." Also, DH and bullz voted to move together that night, heading together to DC, along with Nevinera and SVS. Only bullz lost his fight badly and had to sit out.

DH had nothing to do with my vote on day two. Read my posts. I wanted to go to DC because I wanted to go somewhere I hadn't been and of the two options (DC and Penn) more people were talking about going to DC.
Its easy to say that. But the fact remains DH tried to help you get the fight and you followed him twice but the second move failed due to your loss. You will likely get my vote today.
My siggie.
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

I'm going to be seriously annoyed if I get lynched today over nothing. There's no connection between me and DH. I just disagreed with certain people's views on something he said, that isn't me defending him that's me having opinions. If I didn't obviously need to hold onto my vote in hope of saving myself I'd vote Kyle because his vote for me essentially says "I'm jumping onto a bandwagon, pretending to agree with it, and excusing myself from accountability when Bullz inevitably flips civ".

Linki: I didn't follow him the second time, I followed most people who were moving. He didn't try to help me at all, you're really exaggerating. All he did was say he wanted to vote for me. He didn't encourage, pressure, threaten, bribe, or seduce anyone else into voting for me. He just did it himself. So did others, maybe they're all my evil teammates then.
Black Rock
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 26

Post by Black Rock »

By my point of view the recruitment of winners doesn't hold much water. I won a fight and nothing happened besides my fighting skill got better, or whatever it is. After that I wasn't comfortable fighting any first timers so I bowed out. DH would have known as a winner that he would have been more likely to beat and maybe kill a first timer. The only suspicion I would have of a winner is if they were pushing to fight like DH did.

I don't know if I missed this but Unfurl, do you know why you were able to kill DP in your fight? I wish I knew how the fights were designed but our dear host will not enlighten me.
ImageImage
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

I was gonna go back and quote the two posts where DH said he might vote for me so I could prove he didn't help me at all, but then I checked the poll thread and he didn't even vote for me in the end, only SVS and Boogs did. He voted Sorsha, my opponent, who seriously injured me and left me stranded in Wilmington for the rest of the game. Some bloody help he was.
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Black Rock wrote:By my point of view the recruitment of winners doesn't hold much water. I won a fight and nothing happened besides my fighting skill got better, or whatever it is. After that I wasn't comfortable fighting any first timers so I bowed out. DH would have known as a winner that he would have been more likely to beat and maybe kill a first timer. The only suspicion I would have of a winner is if they were pushing to fight like DH did.

I don't know if I missed this but Unfurl, do you know why you were able to kill DP in your fight? I wish I knew how the fights were designed but our dear host will not enlighten me.
I expect DH was recruited around the time he won his fight actually, re-reading the Wilmington thread he was a little cagey about the details of winning his fight. BWT and Boogs openly shared that they'd gained experience levels whereas DH said he was just told he'd won, later admitting he'd seriously injured Kate and got better at fighting. That said I don't agree that only winners can be recruited. Maybe anyone who fights, but not just winners or it'd be too easy to catch recruits.
unfurl
The Mark

Post by unfurl »

Black Rock wrote: I don't know if I missed this but Unfurl, do you know why you were able to kill DP in your fight? I wish I knew how the fights were designed but our dear host will not enlighten me.
Nope, not idea why he was killed, as my started level was 1
All I did was give my best at fighting, people who fought probably can have an idea about the thing, we can not talk about :p

I had a theory that perhaps in even days one of the loser people were gonna die as DP died Night 2, but no one died at Night 4 and instead we merged,
so my paranoic theory was wrong
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer

Post by Hedgeowl »

Black Rock wrote:By my point of view the recruitment of winners doesn't hold much water. I won a fight and nothing happened besides my fighting skill got better, or whatever it is. After that I wasn't comfortable fighting any first timers so I bowed out. DH would have known as a winner that he would have been more likely to beat and maybe kill a first timer. The only suspicion I would have of a winner is if they were pushing to fight like DH did.

That's what I hoped to find in the fight list Sorsha posted, but no leads there since everyone only won once. Several did fight twice, but lost the first time. It does make sense that that's too narrow a pool for Tyler to recruit from, but I am trying to think of any connections or reasons DH may implicate others. Honestly, I am surprised he was recruited, being such a vocal player and drawing so much attention. But then he made it known he considered himself a powerful fighter.

Were others bragging about their fighting ability in thread?
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

unfurl wrote:
Black Rock wrote: I don't know if I missed this but Unfurl, do you know why you were able to kill DP in your fight? I wish I knew how the fights were designed but our dear host will not enlighten me.
Nope, not idea why he was killed, as my started level was 1
All I did was give my best at fighting, people who fought probably can have an idea about the thing, we can not talk about :p

I had a theory that perhaps in even days one of the loser people were gonna die as DP died Night 2, but no one died at Night 4 and instead we merged,
so my paranoic theory was wrong
There doesn't seem to be much pattern between people being injured or not injured, so maybe there was a random chance of either injury or death in every fight and DP just got really unlucky?

Return to “Previous Jobs”