X-Men [ENDGAME]

Moderator: Community Team

Would you like 24 hour Day phases?

Yes
46%
No
8%
Jonas Graymalkin (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
46%

Total votes: 13
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 191

Re: X-Men [Day 5]

Post by Snapshot »

Thinking about the info Shadowcat and Exodus apparently had, I'm pretty confident now that it was something like "one of you who picked this option is bad". The problem was Dazzler, since she was NK'd, her role was unknown. I think Exodus hesitated in going after Shadowcat because he wasn't sure of Dazzler, even though she was targeted by Sabretooth. He didn't want to make a mistake. But Shadowcat was all guns a-blazin, wasn't she? Now, who would be that sure? Only someone who KNEW Sabretooth had indeed meant to target Dazzler could be that sure. And it was only later in the day yesterday when SC tarted admitting that the possibility of Dazzler being bad was a problem in her "case".

I think Shadowcat is bad. I think Domino is bad due to his pulling the same "oops, info, teehee" move and his support for her. But, I think Domino is posting a ton because Magneto likely split off his votes.

Thus, I'd rather a Shadowcat lynch than a Domino lynch. And in case Magneto targeted Shadowcat instead, I'd love to see a lynch where Domino gets about 2 fewer votes than Shadowcat. Then, either way, if either has had their votes split off by Magneto, the other would die.

I think this lynch is pivotal to the entire game, frankly.
Reporting
Paul Stevens
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 67

Post by Paul Stevens »

RIP Exodus, because I'm not buying into this Mystique theory. Every time concrete evidence is requested, some wishy-washy response is returned. I know infodumping is prohibited, but nothing that has been brought forth has convinced me otherwise. And we are still brought away from Sunfire every. Single. Time. His name is mentioned in a post. It's not like I am/was super gung-ho about lynching Sunfire (I was going off of Professor X's advice), but the fact that the conversation keeps being diverted is really suspicious to me, as is this immediate Mystique theory/whatever you wanna call it.

I'm feeling like Deadpool right about now - I can't trust anybody at this point, which is probably what the Brotherhood is going for. Congrats (NOT) :mad:
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 294

Post by Gunther »

Deadpool wrote:damn havok u make a good point about the numbers they could def b defending each other since theres so many of them and magnetos power is fckin cray cray
Yeah, that's what I've been trying to get across to everyone. Think about how easily a team that large could take control of the discussion in this game. All it would take is for 1 or 2 to gain some trust with the civvies. Then any of the other members of the team could posit their team agenda to the thread. Then you have the 1 or 2 pre-established "trusted" players to agree with them and it's over with. They can quite literally do anything they wanted.
NurseWilgy
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 38

Post by NurseWilgy »

The Vision wrote:Thinking about the info Shadowcat and Exodus apparently had, I'm pretty confident now that it was something like "one of you who picked this option is bad". The problem was Dazzler, since she was NK'd, her role was unknown. I think Exodus hesitated in going after Shadowcat because he wasn't sure of Dazzler, even though she was targeted by Sabretooth. He didn't want to make a mistake. But Shadowcat was all guns a-blazin, wasn't she? Now, who would be that sure? Only someone who KNEW Sabretooth had indeed meant to target Dazzler could be that sure. And it was only later in the day yesterday when SC tarted admitting that the possibility of Dazzler being bad was a problem in her "case".

I think Shadowcat is bad. I think Domino is bad due to his pulling the same "oops, info, teehee" move and his support for her. But, I think Domino is posting a ton because Magneto likely split off his votes.

Thus, I'd rather a Shadowcat lynch than a Domino lynch. And in case Magneto targeted Shadowcat instead, I'd love to see a lynch where Domino gets about 2 fewer votes than Shadowcat. Then, either way, if either has had their votes split off by Magneto, the other would die.

Pivotal because I told you the votes how it would go. Why don't you want to vote Sunfire? Scared to loose another teammate Vision? The votes are GIVEN to two players of his choice. So, any votes for Havok your fearless leader will go onto us, that is why you guys are pressing hard to get me or SC the votes and guaranteed out. Because when SC or I flip Civ, we won't have enough votes to stop you guys from running the lynches and making sure all Civs go. Magneto would be screaming lynch me, lynch me which IS what Havok was doing to get the votes onto me and SC whom he targetted.
nutellaphant wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image

@NurseWilgy don't post any more k
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
JamminJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertusernamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

The Vision wrote:Thinking about the info Shadowcat and Exodus apparently had, I'm pretty confident now that it was something like "one of you who picked this option is bad". The problem was Dazzler, since she was NK'd, her role was unknown. I think Exodus hesitated in going after Shadowcat because he wasn't sure of Dazzler, even though she was targeted by Sabretooth. He didn't want to make a mistake. But Shadowcat was all guns a-blazin, wasn't she? Now, who would be that sure? Only someone who KNEW Sabretooth had indeed meant to target Dazzler could be that sure. And it was only later in the day yesterday when SC tarted admitting that the possibility of Dazzler being bad was a problem in her "case".

This makes a lot of sense. Shadowcat's sudden silence after yesterday's events really gives this idea a lot of weight.
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Snapshot »

Hey Domino, let me ask you this. Separate yourself from the game for a sec. Let's enter Hypotheticalville.

You are bad. You pick an option in a night poll with three other players. They are told some equivalent to "one of you is bad". First one of the others dies. Then a second. Now its you (bad) and the other guy (good). You know he knows the same info as you. You discuss it with your baddie BTSC buds.

what do you do?

Do you a) wait for the other guy to realize that you must be bad and let him lynch you?
or b) take advantage of his silence and come out first with a plan to get him lynched and then get a teammate to say "I'm pretty sure he wasn't that role wink winky nudege nudgey".

Do you see why Sahdowcat and your actions make too much sense to not be baddies?

If Exodus was bad, why did he hesitate? Why was he so wishy-washy? Where were his teammates? Other than cries of "eww, infodumping" did anyone actually go after Shadowcat? Since when does a huge baddie team just roll over and let their teammate get wiped out like that? ESPECIALLY WHEN ACCORDING TO YOU THAT TEAMMATE WAS MYSTIQUE AND WAS A SEEMER. Having a Seemer teammate lets the baddies defend one of their own with impunity because they know their teamie will look CIV at the end of it all if they fail.

No, I'll never buy that Exodus was Mystique.

If you hadn't strumbled INSTANTLY into the thread with your wink wink routine, MAYBE I'd have remained clueless. But the baddies just HAPPEN to decide to make Mystique look like Gambit, who just HAPPENS to be RIGHT THERE after the lynch to right away say "nuh-uh, guys". It's too convenient.

I'll be voting for Shadowcat today, or you, depending on how the votes are in the poll. I want Shadowcat ahead of you by a vote or two.
Reporting
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Snapshot »

No one with the role of Mystique would ever hesitate that much. If Mystique is indeed a Seemer, they would act boldly, knowing that even in death their role would tarnish the civs.
Reporting
NurseWilgy
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 38

Post by NurseWilgy »

Shadowcat probably was silenced geesh. Do you guys not think I can't figure things out? Why not silence her to not have her defend herself today. And to Vision, why would I be magneto? I would give MY votes to two targets and you saying if I got votes "just to be safe vote Sc and Domino with domino 2 less votes" makes NO sense. All the votes on me for that to be true would go to "my target" and I would still have enough to get someone else lynched if your statement were true. You guys are grabbing at straws but I know you, Havok, Spiral, and Sunfire are teammates considering the 4 of you agreeing and pushing me and SC today. I would have been a little more subtle if I were on your team and planned this whole shenanigan out. If you actually took time to read my post and I explained why You and your other brotherhood wouldn't have defended Exodus, you would see that you guys wouldn't have had enough numbers without suspicion with Sunfire being your teammate and one of them having to go. So, you guys chose the lesser of the 2 evils and got rid of Exodus to help keep your facade up of him being "Gambit". One was going to go, and your planned failed and you and your brotherhood are exposed and I'm sticking up for it since SC can't speak.

I also love how you all are posting all after each other to help defend one another and get the attention back on me and SC. And you guys say I would be defending to do that tactic and you're doing it yourselves. Hypocritical.
nutellaphant wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image

@NurseWilgy don't post any more k
ImageImageImage
JamminJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertusernamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Snapshot »

I never said you were Magneto.
Reporting
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Snapshot »

Domino wrote:Shadowcat probably was silenced geesh. Do you guys not think I can't figure things out? Why not silence her to not have her defend herself today. And to Vision, why would I be magneto? I would give MY votes to two targets and you saying if I got votes "just to be safe vote Sc and Domino with domino 2 less votes" makes NO sense. All the votes on me for that to be true would go to "my target" and I would still have enough to get someone else lynched if your statement were true.
No, Magneto's chosen target would have their votes split onto two other chosen targets. If Magneto targeted you, the votes on you would go to whoever you picked. If Magneto picked Shadowcat, same thing.

But if we put 5 votes on you and 4 on SC, or vice versa, then whichever of you Magneto chose to split the votes off of and onto others would survive but your partner would still die. Half of 5 votes on a civ of Magneto's choosing is less than 4 votes on the other baddie. You see?
Reporting
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Snapshot »

and by "whoever you picked" i mean "whoever you guys picked in btsc" of course. I don't want to mis-explain.
Reporting
Joe Who?
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 153
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Joe Who? »

Havok wrote:
Banshee wrote:Honestly it was based more on the shadowcat info dump than the domino info dump.

Can you really honestly look back over those two's posts from day 4 and say that between the two Shadowcat looks like the baddie between them? if one of them was guaranteed to be bad and it wasn't exodus, then Shadowcat would have been making an incredibly bold move by doing what she did.

"Appeal to signs" and "Appeal to authority", are both important parts of logical reasoning.

Do you have reason to believe that Exodus' role was definitely as posted?
So, try to forget these bogus "info dumps" for a second. Does the Exodus=Mystique theory still make sense? Does it make sense for the brotherhood to just let Mystique get lynched like they did without doing anything about it? They have 7 votes! They could have very easily led the lynch in another direction with that kind of vote power/influence. If you had 6 other people in the game talking about how they didn't think Exodus was bad, it would have made for a different outcome. And throwing Mystique under the bus doesn't make sense either. What would that have accomplished? Lynching someone that appears civvie doesn't get you any kind of cred which is the entire purpose of throwing a team mate under the bus.

I think we should lynch either Shadowcat or Domino. If that doesn't yield us a baddie, then lynch me. Or lynch me today to put this bogusness to rest that I am doing anything other than trying to help my fellow X-Men to victory.

So that is what I think we should do today. Lynch either me, Shadowcat, or Domino. If a civvie is going to get lynched today, let it be me. I think a lot more clarity would come to the game if I was lynched rather than any other civvie.
I'm not sure if i agree with you on that point. we can't ignore the fact that an info dump happened in our theorization because it actually did happen. maybe there would have been votal resistance if that hadn't been the case but it isn't. If you think about it... what would you do if you were a baddie and someone had dropped info about your teammate? immediately drop-kick that teammate off a bus-cliff probably which i think could account for the minimal resistance. Or maybe the baddies took a gamble (hahaha gamble) by having exodus appear as gambit, hoping the real gambit was already dead and they could steer the lynch toward exodus's accusers.

i don't think lynching you would prove anything about shadowcat and I feel like at the very least Shadowcat is probably a civvie, so I don't think that plan sounds ideal.
Joe Who?
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Joe Who? »

Btw, I'm going to be gone from tomorrow until sunday night. At most I'll be able to pop in and vote and stuff, so if anyone goes "Hey where's Banshee." just refer them to this post
2 Stupid Dogs
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 189

Post by 2 Stupid Dogs »

Domino wrote:
Havok wrote:Well, I think we are finally getting a sense of who the baddies are. lol. When you have 7 members on a baddie team, it makes it a lot easier to back each other up in the thread.

Banshee, could you explain why you are so certain that Exodus was Mystique? It must be based entirely on the "info" that's been dropped while ignoring logic.
You also have a team of 7 where all agree in occurrence against the right idea to make sure the Civs stay in the spotlight. The 6 leftover Brotherhood are going to be as aggressive as they can to make sure that I get lynched for exposing them. If I get lynched, I flip Civ and the rest of you guys would see how Spiral, Havok, and Vision are deceiving you guys. They didn't kill me during last night and tried another Civ to make sure SC and I look crazy and are in the spotlight today. Havok, Vision, and Spiral are asking for evidence because they know I can't provide it without giving the information out in the open. It's not public knowledge I know, and I apologized for that. But now that the Civs actually are getting it together, they want to separate us again.
Look at the people going after us: Would a Baddie jump on the train to make sure I look crazy? Ding ding we have a winner chicken dinner! They aren't going to admit I'm right! They are going to flat out make me look like a liar. If the 3 names I mentioned were Civ, they would consider it an option at least, and not even block me out because their lives are depending on these next 2 lynches. You guys DO realize if SC or I die in the lynch, the Civs are going to be NK the next night then they have total control on the lynch the next day, assuming the Indies are helping them, right? If they can't get a Civ out today, they are going to have a tough time keeping the numbers just like Survivor. When I say we need to get this lynch right, I MEAN it. Can the rest of us ban together and seriously make sure they get eliminated before it's too late?
Again, you only suspect me because I think you're bad.

Domino, shadowcat, and sun fire... those are places I could vote.
Domino wrote:Shadowcat probably was silenced geesh. Do you guys not think I can't figure things out? Why not silence her to not have her defend herself today. And to Vision, why would I be magneto? I would give MY votes to two targets and you saying if I got votes "just to be safe vote Sc and Domino with domino 2 less votes" makes NO sense. All the votes on me for that to be true would go to "my target" and I would still have enough to get someone else lynched if your statement were true. You guys are grabbing at straws but I know you, Havok, Spiral, and Sunfire are teammates considering the 4 of you agreeing and pushing me and SC today. I would have been a little more subtle if I were on your team and planned this whole shenanigan out. If you actually took time to read my post and I explained why You and your other brotherhood wouldn't have defended Exodus, you would see that you guys wouldn't have had enough numbers without suspicion with Sunfire being your teammate and one of them having to go. So, you guys chose the lesser of the 2 evils and got rid of Exodus to help keep your facade up of him being "Gambit". One was going to go, and your planned failed and you and your brotherhood are exposed and I'm sticking up for it since SC can't speak.

I also love how you all are posting all after each other to help defend one another and get the attention back on me and SC. And you guys say I would be defending to do that tactic and you're doing it yourselves. Hypocritical.
Shadowcat has posted today. She is not silenced.
dunya
Turnip Head
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 188

Post by Epignosis »

MovingPictures07 is now the Moderator for X-Men. PM him if you have any concerns.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 4

Post by thellama73 »

Epignosis wrote:
MovingPictures07 is now the Moderator for X-Men. PM him if you have any concerns.
I got fired for doing a terrible job. :(
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

thellama73 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
I got fired for doing a terrible job. :(
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

Banshee wrote:
Havok wrote:
Banshee wrote:Honestly it was based more on the shadowcat info dump than the domino info dump.

Can you really honestly look back over those two's posts from day 4 and say that between the two Shadowcat looks like the baddie between them? if one of them was guaranteed to be bad and it wasn't exodus, then Shadowcat would have been making an incredibly bold move by doing what she did.

"Appeal to signs" and "Appeal to authority", are both important parts of logical reasoning.

So, try to forget these bogus "info dumps" for a second. Does the Exodus=Mystique theory still make sense? Does it make sense for the brotherhood to just let Mystique get lynched like they did without doing anything about it? They have 7 votes! They could have very easily led the lynch in another direction with that kind of vote power/influence. If you had 6 other people in the game talking about how they didn't think Exodus was bad, it would have made for a different outcome. And throwing Mystique under the bus doesn't make sense either. What would that have accomplished? Lynching someone that appears civvie doesn't get you any kind of cred which is the entire purpose of throwing a team mate under the bus.

I think we should lynch either Shadowcat or Domino. If that doesn't yield us a baddie, then lynch me. Or lynch me today to put this bogusness to rest that I am doing anything other than trying to help my fellow X-Men to victory.

So that is what I think we should do today. Lynch either me, Shadowcat, or Domino. If a civvie is going to get lynched today, let it be me. I think a lot more clarity would come to the game if I was lynched rather than any other civvie.
I'm not sure if i agree with you on that point. we can't ignore the fact that an info dump happened in our theorization because it actually did happen. maybe there would have been votal resistance if that hadn't been the case but it isn't. If you think about it... what would you do if you were a baddie and someone had dropped info about your teammate? immediately drop-kick that teammate off a bus-cliff probably which i think could account for the minimal resistance. Or maybe the baddies took a gamble (hahaha gamble) by having exodus appear as gambit, hoping the real gambit was already dead and they could steer the lynch toward exodus's accusers.

i don't think lynching you would prove anything about shadowcat and I feel like at the very least Shadowcat is probably a civvie, so I don't think that plan sounds ideal.
Why are you so sure that the info dump was legit? You aren't even considering the possibility that it was a fake info dump. To me it makes a lot more sense even if you forget everything else that has happened it makes more sense as to why the two info dumps were even allowed to happen.....because they weren't real info dumps in the first place.
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

and by "allowed to happen" I mean that there were 2 of them so close together with no repercussions.
Operator
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 229

Post by Operator »

Epignosis wrote:
Yaaaaay, welcome back MP! Tax season has freed you from its clutches! :fiesta:
Thanks for modding up to this point, llama.

Holy flaming poop, Batman! Lots going on. First off, I feel like I have to engage in the issues at hand now. As someone said, this lynch is probably key. And tbh, the baddies have been doing a good enough job of introducing doubt that I don't feel bad about trying to find them any more, even with the infodumps that have happened. So however this game goes, cheers to you guys!

It seems clear that either Havok and The Vision (and possibly Sunfire and Spiral) or Shadowcat and Domino are baddie teammates. To me anyway.

[quote="Hawkeye"
I think I just figured out why Domino backed up SC on the Exodus issue. I checked with the host and can post it, the only problem is if this is one of those cases where I could be endangering the civilians for real, but the baddies might already know what is going on and it might actually help civilians with no info for a change, so here it goes: I think the Danger Room ID gives those who have it some sort of BTSC - permanent, temporary or there is a hidden forum like the Warp Zone in Super Meat Boy Mafia where they can discuss various things. SC has it, Domino has it, Exodus had it, and you know the rest.

Has Rasputin been targeted? :ponder:[/quote]

This was a cool idea, although it doesn't seem to be the case based on their responses.

Also, HAHA! to whoever tried to kill me. I suppose it was an indy? I don't think the baddies had a kill. If so, I agree with QS that we should kill all the indies just to be safe. :p

Havok wrote:Just ask yourselves these questions:

1. Why do baddies throw team mates under the bus?

2. Why do baddies avoid defending each other in the thread?

Now ask yourself:

After thinking about those two things, does it make sense for Exodus to be Mystique? If so, why?
Personally, I think it does. Even though Exodus would be guaranteed to flip civ if he was Mystique, trying to save him would've been suicide if the save had worked. Everyone would've seen a different civ be lynched despite info about Exodus, and immediately known that you were all evil and lynched you.

Never mind, Banshee already said this.
Banshee wrote:
Havok wrote:

Havok wrote: Having said that, I am very willing to sacrifice myself for the civvie cause. If you aren't going to listen to what I am saying and think about this from a logical perspective and not lynch one of these plotters today, then lynch me. Lynch me and see for yourselves that I am not a baddie trying to lead you astray. You are being led astray by this group that is fake info dumping and using fear tactics (See Dominos recent post) to lead the thread in a direction serving only their agenda.
Are you sure? Cuz I'm sorta inclined to take you up on this, personally. I feel like maybe we have 1 lynch of leeway in case we are wrong, and I think you seem bad enough to me to test out the theory.
Spiral wrote:
Domino, shadowcat, and sun fire... those are places I could vote.

Shadowcat has posted today. She is not silenced.
Why Domino, Shadowcat, and Sunfire? Don't the thread positions seem to support Domino and Shadowcat being on one side of the discussion, and Sunfire being on the other? What makes you want to look at all 3?
Management
Operator
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Operator »

Also, the Vision keeps striking me as so damn reasonable. But he also keeps agreeing with Havok, who I'm not seeing as civ. So that's annoying. :p

OOH! I thought of a good question: Shadowcat, what do you make of Domino backing you up so staunchly lately??
Management
Celeste
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 129

Post by Celeste »

Sorry I haven't been around today. I'm going to be pretty busy until probably Sunday so not much to catch up on.
Mikhail Rasputin wrote:OOH! I thought of a good question: Shadowcat, what do you make of Domino backing you up so staunchly lately??
Honestly, it bothers me a lot. Mostly because I feel like Domino latched onto my case fairly quickly when he/she started garnering a lot more attention. I WOULD be okay with voting for her/him today, but I'm worried that Magneto has picked either her/him or myself as targets to move votes around. I would prefer looking at a Sunfire lynch or further examining some of the others who latched onto my case fairly easily without a lot of their own ideas.

Overall though, I feel like a lynch that is led towards either myself or Domino is going to be one the baddies control. I would be willing to let myself be lynched if it would clear some things up (and I think it would), but I don't think today is the right day to do it.

Also, I like what I've been seeing from The Vision a lot this game. He's definitely made the most sense out of the big-time posters.
Celeste
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Celeste »

Edit: I forgot to throw Shaw in there too. I think he's had plenty of opportunities to explain his feelings other than "X is good" or "Y is bad". If he can't bother to go into any more details than that by Day 5, than we need to consider how much he's actually helping us though.

That being said, right now, I feel more confident about Sunfire or any of the other potential candidates I'm referring to.
Nicol Bolas
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 113
Preferred Pronouns: he/him

Post by Nicol Bolas »

we need to be splittin the votes today rite
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

I just hope that civvies that are out there laying low really read through everything that has happened in the past couple of days and uses logic to make their decision. Please don't just skim through anyone's posts and vote hastily.

I think we have a great lead on the brotherhood now. Look at the people that just accept these "info dumps" as truth without looking at the things that have actually happened (Exodus's lynch), Domino jumping in immediately to say Exodus was Mystique (convenient!), and the immediate No U's by anyone that doubts the validity of these "info dumps".

Likely Brotherhood team mates:

1. Domino
2. Shadowcat
3. Banshee
4. Mikhail Rasputin
5. Sunfire (I'm least sure about Sunfire, but I do think it's possible Prof. X was right here and maybe Domino and the rest are throwing SF under the bus today)

I actually think it may be a smarter move to lynch either Banshee or Mikhail Rasputin today considering what has been brought up about Magneto. What do you think, Vision? Should also throw in there that Mystique is still out there. I would almost bet that Domino is the real Mystique. It would make sense if that were the case for why she was the one that came out with the Exodus was Mystique bit. Add that to the possibility of Magneto targeting Domino and I think we should hold off lynching Domino today.

Avalanche, what do you think? I'd like to read your thoughts on this.
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 194

Post by Jack Shephard »

Havok wrote:I just hope that civvies that are out there laying low really read through everything that has happened in the past couple of days and uses logic to make their decision. Please don't just skim through anyone's posts and vote hastily.

I think we have a great lead on the brotherhood now. Look at the people that just accept these "info dumps" as truth without looking at the things that have actually happened (Exodus's lynch), Domino jumping in immediately to say Exodus was Mystique (convenient!), and the immediate No U's by anyone that doubts the validity of these "info dumps".

1. Domino
2. Shadowcat
3. Banshee
4. Mikhail Rasputin
5. Sunfire (I'm least sure about Sunfire, but I do think it's possible Prof. X was right here and maybe Domino and the rest are throwing SF under the bus today)

I actually think it may be a smarter move to lynch either Banshee or Mikhail Rasputin today considering what has been brought up about Magneto. What do you think, Vision? Should also throw in there that Mystique is still out there. I would almost bet that Domino is the real Mystique. It would make sense if that were the case for why she was the one that came out with the Exodus was Mystique bit. Add that to the possibility of Magneto targeting Domino and I think we should hold off lynching Domino today.

Today does seem to have started rather quietly. Maybe people are afraid to talk for fear of being lynched because of all the distrust right now?

Looking at your lynch candidates, I agree with Domino as a number one. Do you think that all the baddies would take the same side though? I don't think that would be the case. If one gets caught, it would quickly become obvious who the rest are.
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

Deadpool wrote:we need to be splittin the votes today rite
Sure, but who do you want to vote? Are you just gonna wait for a wagon to form and hop on?
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

I'm going to go ahead and put my vote on Domino. I'll be on later today, but I'm going to be gone all weekend and I don't want to forget.
Celeste
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Celeste »

I would be fine with a Domino lynch. Like I said before though, my concern is that Magneto targeted Domino and will be splitting those votes. I could get behind a Domino lynch, but I think we would do well to have a backup person we could throw enough votes on to ensure at least one of the two gets lynched.
Nicol Bolas
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Nicol Bolas »

polaris ill hop on a wagon if its sum one i think is bad........ right now im thinkin thats shadow domino or sunfire i just dont want to vote the wrong way and let magneto win
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 107

Post by Young Lady »

Welp, there goes my theory. Makes sense why I was allowed to discuss it in the first place. I guess I'm back to square one. So it's Domino, SC, Sunfire and apparently Havok. I don't know what to think of him at the moment, except he needs that just-in-case vote. I'll try to do a proper re-read tomorrow if I have time.

In the mean time, I notice Longshot is no longer invisible, is lurking and not posting. I'm assuming he's been silenced.
Supervisor
Ned Flanders
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 265

Post by Ned Flanders »

Hey guys, not sure if anyone wondered, but I am not silenced. I had to stay late fighting injustice, then I had some zany issues online to deal with, and it was back to saving the world today. I will catch back up after dinner :)
Assault
Snapshot
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Snapshot »

I'm going to put my vote on Shadowcat. Having her in srcond place is a good thing, imo.
Reporting
Golf
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 57

Post by Golf »

Sorry I havent been posting much everyone, I've been reading along though.

I'm going with the theory that Exodus was probably Mystique.

To Havok's points about how/why would a baddie team with seven players let a role like Mystique get lynched I'd have to say- How do we know they really have 7 votes at their disposal right now? It's been brought up that Dazzler was a possible brotherhood member, that brings the count down to 6. I think there's a good chance that Banshee might be a brotherhood as well, he was not around and eventually missed the vote, so now its down to 5? We don't know for sure what Scarlett Witch's role was so it could even be down to 4 at this point? If one of their members was silenced yesterday?

I'm just thinking that yes, if they have all 7 players still alive they could have easily swung the lynch, but I don't think they were at their full 7 voting power yesterday.

And if Exodus had not been on the table yesterday who was the likely lynch candidate going to be? Sunfire... the player who keeps getting pushed to the side in favor of other candidates. :hmmm: Like someone (shadowcat?) posted- I'm not 100% convinced that Sunfire is brotherhood, but the way that we keep getting directed away from her is kinda odd.

I've got a bit more reading to do today but if we are looking for 2 candidates, I would be going for Sunfire and Banshee.
Fractal
sprityo
Golf
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Golf »

But now I just noticed something else :wall: which might make my whole last post invalid :wall: :wall: :wall:

Be back later after some clarification.
Fractal
sprityo
2 Stupid Dogs
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 189

Post by 2 Stupid Dogs »

Mikhail Rasputin wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Yaaaaay, welcome back MP! Tax season has freed you from its clutches! :fiesta:
Thanks for modding up to this point, llama.

Holy flaming poop, Batman! Lots going on. First off, I feel like I have to engage in the issues at hand now. As someone said, this lynch is probably key. And tbh, the baddies have been doing a good enough job of introducing doubt that I don't feel bad about trying to find them any more, even with the infodumps that have happened. So however this game goes, cheers to you guys!

It seems clear that either Havok and The Vision (and possibly Sunfire and Spiral) or Shadowcat and Domino are baddie teammates. To me anyway.
Why me?

I'd be inclined to vote either Domino or Sunfire tbh
dunya
Turnip Head
Nicol Bolas
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Nicol Bolas »

mojo what did u notice?
Operator
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Operator »

Shadowcat wrote:Sorry I haven't been around today. I'm going to be pretty busy until probably Sunday so not much to catch up on.
Mikhail Rasputin wrote:OOH! I thought of a good question: Shadowcat, what do you make of Domino backing you up so staunchly lately??
Honestly, it bothers me a lot. Mostly because I feel like Domino latched onto my case fairly quickly when he/she started garnering a lot more attention. I WOULD be okay with voting for her/him today, but I'm worried that Magneto has picked either her/him or myself as targets to move votes around. I would prefer looking at a Sunfire lynch or further examining some of the others who latched onto my case fairly easily without a lot of their own ideas.

Overall though, I feel like a lynch that is led towards either myself or Domino is going to be one the baddies control. I would be willing to let myself be lynched if it would clear some things up (and I think it would), but I don't think today is the right day to do it.

Also, I like what I've been seeing from The Vision a lot this game. He's definitely made the most sense out of the big-time posters.
Very interesting, thanks for the response.
Mojo wrote: I've got a bit more reading to do today but if we are looking for 2 candidates, I would be going for Sunfire and Banshee.
Why Banshee?

And I sort of kind of get the Sunfire thing. But is anyone basing their suspicions of him on anything other than Prof. X's message right now? I'm actually curious, because I read through him (it must've been 2 days ago now) and didn't see anything particularly damning, so I'd like to know what I'm missing.
Havok wrote: I think we have a great lead on the brotherhood now. Look at the people that just accept these "info dumps" as truth without looking at the things that have actually happened (Exodus's lynch), Domino jumping in immediately to say Exodus was Mystique (convenient!), and the immediate No U's by anyone that doubts the validity of these "info dumps".

1. Domino
2. Shadowcat
3. Banshee
4. Mikhail Rasputin

This is laughable.

Also, you include me in the list of baddies even though I don't fit any of your criteria for likely baddies. Couldn't have anything to do with me being suspicious of you, could it? ;)

I will most likely be voting Havok today. It'd be cool if others joined me. Maybe I'm getting tunnel vision (and please say so if your name is n't Havok and you think I am), but his responses to....well, everything lately....reek of insincere pleading and baddieness to me, and I don't think there has been enough suspicion on him for Magneto to have targeted him last night. So a safe lynch imo.
Management
Joe Who?
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Joe Who? »

What's with people suddenly bringing up my name as soon as I post that I'm going away for the entire weekend....? I don't like it.

Just because I don't subscribe to the same theories as you doesn't make me bad.
Golf
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Golf »

Deadpool wrote:mojo what did u notice?
Well, I'm in a predicament where I have to ask the host a question.

The question is whether or not I can ask a certain player something in the thread. With the info dumping that has gone on so far I don't want to get more specific than that with you. I was thinking I could learn something about their allegiance by asking this but after thinking about it even more I realize that it might not matter what their answer is.... they could still be bad. :sigh:

(This is why I should catch up in the thread before I post!! Because its pretty much the opposite of what I said above about the Mystique situation)

@Mikhail- You ask me "Why Banshee?" I think that his explanation about why the brotherhood would let Mystique die just sounded..... strange to me. Like he was actually explaining to us what they were thinking/saying BTSC.
Fractal
sprityo
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

Mikhail Rasputin, Banshee:

I suspect you two (Along with Mojo but it looks like Mojo may have finally realized that Exodus= Mystique doesn't make sense) for trying to continue to push the idea that the info that was dumped was genuine/just blindly accepting it. Why is it likely that the info dumps were actually true? There is nothing to back it up other than 2 people (That came out of nowhere with these claims I might add) saying that it was so. Everything that has actually happened in the game is telling us that the info dumps were not true.

MR: you also say that Dazzler=Brotherhood just because 2 killers targeted her? I've seen players targeted by multiple baddie/indy killers on the same night before. I'm not sure how the conclusion was come to in the first place that just because 2 killers targeted her that it meant she was bad? In The Island game on RM, Tranq was killed by both the baddies and Widmore on the same night and there was no target switching involved. The main reason I suspect you is not for No U, and I think it's funny that you try to use that. All of my suspicions in this game have been well thought out. I'm not blindly believing anything or throwing my suspicions in unwarranted directions. You on the otherhand pretty much are. You started out being reasonable and thoughtful, but ever since this happened with these fake info dumps, you seem to have thrown logic out the door in support of this nonsense info dumping.
Ned Flanders
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Ned Flanders »

I voted Sunfire; that name keeps coming up, and it keeps getting pushed to the side. I think Rasputin is misguided as to Havok, tbh. I could be mistaken, but i think a big push is being made to deflect from Sunfire.
Assault
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

Also, I just want to say this again because I think it's important. It feels like the Brotherhood is really dominating the point of view right now. It feels like most of the civvie cause is being pretty quiet. I encourage people like Avalanche, Bastion, Cable, Marrow, Phoenix, Sebastian Shaw to really take an hour or so today and read back through what has gone on and been said since the Exodus lynch. I realize that some of those names could be baddies/indies, but for those that are civvies please don't make a hasty quick vote today. Read back and really think about this from your own point of view. Like I said before, with so many members at their disposal it's quite easy for them to dominate the discussion.

linki w/ White Queen: you could be right on that. The only thing that gives me pause is the fact that Domino is pushing for a Sunfire lynch. so I dunno.
Ned Flanders
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Ned Flanders »

TBH, just based on your tone I think you are a civvie. I can change my vote, and will if I have to, to prevent your lynch. I think this "case" is a lot of word twisting. And yes, alot of people I was feeling good (or better) about have gone AWOL. I hope they show up today.
Assault
Golf
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Golf »

Ok... So my question is to shadowcat. I want to know who you targeted on night 2?
Fractal
sprityo
Golf
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Golf »

....and there are over 6 hours until the lynch. Plenty of time for an answer. If you don't answer or don't show up I'll be voting for you shadowcat. :)
Fractal
sprityo
Ned Flanders
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Ned Flanders »

OK, Havoc, in the interests of unity, I can follow your vote on Shadowcat; as I said, I feel pretty good about you, and other people I feel good about are looking that way. If we pull it ahead of you, lets see what happens :)
Assault
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

I don't think that this has been brought up at all in this game, but has anyone noticed anyone being removed from the lynch polls? Archangel has the power to remove a player daily from the lynch poll.
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

Ok, so it looks like Avalanche was removed on Day 2. Longshot was removed Day 3. Looks like no one was missing from poll on Day 4 and now Day 5.

So after seeing this, it looks like either Scarlet Witch or Dazzler was Archangel.

Epignosis: If a player is nightkilled, does their power still go through for that night?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Havok wrote:Epignosis: If a player is nightkilled, does their power still go through for that night?
Yes.

Return to “Previous Jobs”