Mrs. Essviess
10%
Ms. Goosey
10%
Mr. Pictures
No votes
Mr. Turnips
50%
Nicholas Smith (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
20%

Total votes: 10
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 41
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Re: Are You Being Served? [8:00am]

Post by Mongoose »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Mongoose wrote:I believe her in that she was just playing around, so I'll look elsewhere (elefino where though).
You think she sounds genuine? I suppose I would believe it to be more likely if I had actually never seen this happen before.

You don't have any other thoughts about anyone?
I'm not sure if that she sounds sincere as much as it just seemed way more like a joke than a slip. Vomps is especially suspicious with his nonsense talk that I do not usually associate with him.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Can someone confirm what time the vote ends? I'm very confused.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 28

Post by Dom »

Hm
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 66

Post by Epignosis »

Mongoose wrote:Can someone confirm what time the vote ends? I'm very confused.
If everyone has voted by 10pm, I will end it then. If not, then 8am tomorrow morning.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

when did snow dog vote fz?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 20

Post by Snow Dog »

Dom wrote:when did snow dog vote fz?
About five minutes ago. Hard to choose but this chat evidence is hard to dismiss. Guess it could be a joke though.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 65
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

FZ. wrote:And I'm also willing to vote for Rey, if someone wants to join me
I would honestly vote Sorsha; she hasn't changed my mind, it's all I really have right now.

I don't have reason to believe Rey is bad yet.

Dom wrote:Hm
What are you thinking? Are you considering a possibility that she was joking?

Mongoose wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Mongoose wrote:I believe her in that she was just playing around, so I'll look elsewhere (elefino where though).
You think she sounds genuine? I suppose I would believe it to be more likely if I had actually never seen this happen before.

I'm not sure if that she sounds sincere as much as it just seemed way more like a joke than a slip. Vomps is especially suspicious with his nonsense talk that I do not usually associate with him.
I re-read it, and yeah, I see what you mean. It's just so weird.

I'll be back later to vote!
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
I would honestly vote Sorsha; she hasn't changed my mind, it's all I really have right now.

I don't have reason to believe Rey is bad yet.
My original choice of vote was for Sorsha. Something bugs me about her posts.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

I am, MP

and I;m looking at Snow otherwise
Sorsha
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 14

Re: Are You Being Served? [7:00am]

Post by Sorsha »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Sorsha wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Sorsha wrote:So MP wants us to vote for Rey.... Interesting. :ponder: I won't be voting for Rey.

I have a few years of retail under my belt from back in my high school and early college days. Nothing commission based but one place did keep track of our sales and number of customers served each day. I always had a high number of customers served but that didn't always translate to higher sales.

Even still... I think I can outsell each of you guys so I'm voting for myself. :p
Why is that interesting? And what does that mean exactly? Did this get anyone else's attention?
Yeah I think it's interesting that you're pushing the idea of someone else to win the poll. Do you know if Rey is staff, management, maintenance or canteen? The only way, I'd think, to push for someone to win this poll is if you have btsc/ know what team they are on. That would be more likely if you're both management. So you and Rey are both on my list...
I have no idea what anyone's alignment is. I played Shawshank, as I previously stated, and I voted for llama in that Day 0 poll and won because he was the "first to cry out".

Everyone has "assumptions" they make when they vote, especially in Day 0 polls.

Why did you vote for someone besides yourself? Do you know if they are staff, management, maintenance, or canteen? Don't you understand your argument can be flipped right back on you or anyone else? So why do you think I am suspicious?

That's where I'm losing you.

It's because you made up this scenario about Rey being the right choice. I think you just contrived some story to fit a vote for one of your team members. Show me where someone else did something similar. I didn't vote for a player who had someone campaigning for votes for them.

And the fact that Epi is not answering the question about anyone having info about the day 0 poll is telling me that someone did have info.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 80

Post by S~V~S »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
S~V~S wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Sorsha wrote:So MP wants us to vote for Rey.... Interesting. :ponder: I won't be voting for Rey.

I have a few years of retail under my belt from back in my high school and early college days. Nothing commission based but one place did keep track of our sales and number of customers served each day. I always had a high number of customers served but that didn't always translate to higher sales.

Even still... I think I can outsell each of you guys so I'm voting for myself. :p
Why is that interesting? And what does that mean exactly? Did this get anyone else's attention?
I can see why it's interesting; since this appears to be a prize poll, promoting someone to get a prize might garner some attention.

I kinda thought that one of the primary procedures of this game was to pick apart others votes for people/options on the basis of extremely minute minutiae. It is what we do. The fact that you see no reason WHY this might be interesting is...interesting :p I have seen YOU do some remarkably nit picky over analyses of votes yourself, Boss. So you not getting why that might be interesting is something I will keep in mind and be ready to point out to you when YOU start eyeballing someone based on one of their votes.

I am kinda surprised no one has yet found it *interesting* that, of three people with 2 votes (you, Rey & Dom) I chose Dom to force the tie. I am sure that other people with interesting votes (Sorsha switching votes to Boogs to break the tie, Bloopy reinstating the tie, for instance) know that they had interesting votes, and why. I am sure that someone will find these things interesting at some point, but it is good to know that whoever it is, it won't be you :)
I think you read into my post too much. Yes, you're right that's one of the primary procedures of this game. Where did I say I saw "no reason why"? I asked her why it was interesting because I wanted elaboration. I ask for elaboration all the time. I also was pinged by it a bit, so I asked if anyone else took notice of her post and felt any way about it particularly or whether it was just me being defensive.

"Interesting" doesn't tell me anything. She didn't say I'm suspicious for it and it was incredibly noncommittal. Seemed like suspicion mongering to me. I wanted to see if she would clarify and if it really was something more than "interesting" since she didn't indicate such.

I also found it a bit ridiculous because right off the bat my vote gets called "interesting" (and yet no one else's receives attention) because I come in with a theory that seemed plausible based on Shawshank and what one could expect from Epig. Other people voted for Dom and Boogs for non-theory related reasons, which were equally if not MORE so "interesting", as you state. I recognize that. I recognize my vote could be "seen" or manipulated to be seen any way that people want it to. But it struck me as odd she just said it was "interesting" and didn't elaborate on what that means exactly (suspicion? no or yes?). Typically, players elaborate on things they find suspicious, yes?

Why are you so aggressive here? That last part of your post was unnecessary.
I don't think i am being aggressive. I think i was just pointing something out that *I* found interesting. The wide eyed innocent thing is something you do sometimes, the "What? Me? Huh? Why would you think that?" when you are bad. You are probably the smartest person I know, or in the top several people. When you say you don't get what someone is saying, and it is a fairly obvious thing, that makes me take a long look at you, because I find it hard to believe that it is the truth.

That is not to say I suspect you at this point, but the reason I chose Dom to push the tie, to see what happened if we tied it up, rather than you or Rey was the fact that you pushed a bit for a Rey vote.

MovingPictures07 wrote:
FZ. wrote:To be honest, there's a chance I'm going to vote for TH because his first post seemed kind of redundant to me with the "is this day 0 or day 1 " because I don't think there was one game where I played here when the game started with day 1 and we actually lynched someone. It felt as he was trying to ask a question just for the sake of asking. I don't have anything else to go on, but I have nothing on other people as well, so he's a possible candidate for me
I've seen games that start on Day 1, although they aren't the norm anymore. Used to happen more so. And honestly I was thinking the same thing when I saw the poll at first, and I know my intentions weren't nefarious, so I question this line of thinking for voting TH.

What do you think of S~V~S, Sorsha, or Dom?
I have a blind spot re Dom, tbh. So my opinion of him is fairly pointless. I had no real feel on Sorsha, until she swung her vote over to Boogs. That got my attention. But perhaps she had a better feeling about boogs than about Dom.

Now to finish catching up :)
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

FZ. wrote:
I understand why you question this line of thinking, because like I said, it's not a very good reason, but on first days, I go on vibes, and I can only say that on first reading, that was the post that pinged me most before I posted my first post. I've done this as a baddie- tried to seem eager and like I don't know anything. He's an option. I'm willing to consider others.

As for the others, I get what you're saying about Sorsha, but it didn't strike me as that fishy. "Interesting" is something I use when something catches my eye, but I still don't know how I feel about it. SVS seemed too snarky, but is that her way of acting when she's a baddie?
And Dom, I didn't even think about him yet. What did he do that caught your eye?
I don't think I was being snarky, I was being very, very sincere.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

FZ. wrote:SVS, are you suspicious of MP. or did you just decide to defend Sorsha for different reasons?
i am not defending Sorsha; I am agreeing with her observation. I am not sure how I feel about MP, but his remark about not understanding what Sorsha was talking about looks a bit like something I have seen MP do when bad. And I was just telling him that.
The last thing I want to do is suspect MP, tbh. He has been being lynched left & right since he came back from break.

Are you suspicious of Sorsha, or did you just decide to defend MP for different reasons?

MovingPictures07 wrote:

My first reaction to her post, tbh, was that she was joking as Vomps was making remarks about voting for the people his teammates said to vote for, but the way she reacted to taking a vote over it was kinda ... interesting :noble: But I am most inclined to think she was joking.

So not sure I want to follow that vote. I have to go back and find her case on TH.
reywaS
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 23

Post by reywaS »

any particular reason or are you just throwing mud at the ceiling to see what sticks?
Some day, Some day
Some day I'll, I wanna wear a starry crown
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Sorsha wrote:And the fact that Epi is not answering the question about anyone having info about the day 0 poll is telling me that someone did have info.
:eek:

I somehow missed this.

No one knew a thing.
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Dom wrote:I am, MP

Pray tell me why?
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

reywaS wrote:
any particular reason or are you just throwing mud at the ceiling to see what sticks?
Snow Dog wrote:

Pray tell me why?
I would like to hear the answers for both of these.
Sorsha
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 14

Post by Sorsha »

Epignosis wrote:
Sorsha wrote:And the fact that Epi is not answering the question about anyone having info about the day 0 poll is telling me that someone did have info.
:eek:

I somehow missed this.

No one knew a thing.
Ok... Thanks!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

On balance i am changing my vote to Ms. Sorcha. I think Ms. Efzed was robably joking with Mr Vompadoodle. probably. maybe....
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

OK, read FZ' case on TH and I did not "feel" it. Like at all. Also not feeling a vote for Blooper, FZ or Sorsha.

I may push for the tie again :D

Although I am waiting to hear from a lot of people.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Vomp & eloh, I see you lurking~ where are you looking to vote, Eloh? And Vomp, did your BTS partners come to a decision yet?
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 49

Post by Elohcin »

Well, I am going to go ahead and vote so I can get my kids to bed. I am going to go with FZ. She may have been joking about btsc, but my gut tells me she thought it would be a good idea to pretend to joke to clear suspicion.

haha, linki with SVS, yes I was rereading several people. I don't see the sorsha thing. And I do think Niju might not have been sincere about being confused on times and what not but I am not sure that makes her bad.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Vompatti
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 17

Post by Vompatti »

S~V~S wrote:Vomp & eloh, I see you lurking~ where are you looking to vote, Eloh? And Vomp, did your BTS partners come to a decision yet?
I'm voting for either Dom or MP for their weird reaction to FZ, but my BTS partners are voting for someone else to distance themselves from me.
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Vompatti wrote:
S~V~S wrote:Vomp & eloh, I see you lurking~ where are you looking to vote, Eloh? And Vomp, did your BTS partners come to a decision yet?
I'm voting for either Dom or MP for their weird reaction to FZ, but my BTS partners are voting for someone else to distance themselves from me.
Okay this was was genuinely hilarious :D
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

ebwop: this one*
Vompatti
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 17

Post by Vompatti »

I'm voting Dom for now, might switch it later if I'm still awake whenever the poll ends.
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
DisgruntledPorcupine
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 16

Post by DisgruntledPorcupine »

I randomized me.
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by nijuukyugou »

Thanks for the vote of confidence in thinking I can't get confused, guys :) But I really CAN be that airheaded when I get excited or think I've done something wrong. Apologies for just responding now! I can respond to anything anyone needs clarification for, but I figured I'd make a post since I haven't since yesterday.

I'm inclined to see FZ as joking, as that would be rather a big mistake to make in-thread, so I don't think I'll throw my vote that way (at least for that reason; not ruling her out). I'm reading and re-reading people and trying to get a feel for who is bad, but apparently I need to re-re-read because I don't feel particularly pinged by anyone just yet. I'll take a few moments to collect my thoughts.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Vompatti wrote:
Wise move on their parts.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

nijuukyugou wrote:Thanks for the vote of confidence in thinking I can't get confused, guys :) But I really CAN be that airheaded when I get excited or think I've done something wrong. Apologies for just responding now! I can respond to anything anyone needs clarification for, but I figured I'd make a post since I haven't since yesterday.

I'm inclined to see FZ as joking, as that would be rather a big mistake to make in-thread, so I don't think I'll throw my vote that way (at least for that reason; not ruling her out). I'm reading and re-reading people and trying to get a feel for who is bad, but apparently I need to re-re-read because I don't feel particularly pinged by anyone just yet. I'll take a few moments to collect my thoughts.
I have seen people do that, more than once, actually. But generally their reaction to it is more along the lines of "OMG, I am sooooo lame" than trying to talk their way out of it, like FZ did. Her reaction to taking suspish felt pretty genuine to me. Had Vomp not been talking about his BTS partners, I might have taken a harder look at what FZ said, but I thought it was pretty obvious that she was just playing around.

The fact that Eloh voted for her seems somewhat opportunistic to me, so my vote might be going there, or I might distance myself from Vomps BTS partners with a vote for Dom.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Snow Dog wrote:

Pray tell me why?
You pounced on what I said about FZ so quickly. You didn't even post before voting. It was a done deal: you found your easy target.
Snow Dog wrote:On balance i am changing my vote to Ms. Sorcha. I think Ms. Efzed was robably joking with Mr Vompadoodle. probably. maybe....
orly

*SNow
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

comp could you please remove your vote from me now
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Dom wrote:comp could you please remove your vote from me now
He thought you were suspish, why are you asking him to do this with no reason why? Assuming comp=Vomp.

Unless you are one of the elusive BTS partners?
reywaS
Money Launderer

Post by reywaS »

S~V~S wrote:
nijuukyugou wrote:Thanks for the vote of confidence in thinking I can't get confused, guys :) But I really CAN be that airheaded when I get excited or think I've done something wrong. Apologies for just responding now! I can respond to anything anyone needs clarification for, but I figured I'd make a post since I haven't since yesterday.

I have seen people do that, more than once, actually. But generally their reaction to it is more along the lines of "OMG, I am sooooo lame" than trying to talk their way out of it, like FZ did. Her reaction to taking suspish felt pretty genuine to me. Had Vomp not been talking about his BTS partners, I might have taken a harder look at what FZ said, but I thought it was pretty obvious that she was just playing around.

The fact that Eloh voted for her seems somewhat opportunistic to me, so my vote might be going there, or I might distance myself from Vomps BTS partners with a vote for Dom.
Seemed pretty obvious to me that FZ was joking. To think otherwise, you'd have to assume that not only did Vompatti inadvertantly out himself in the thread but then FZ came along and accidentally responded to him confirming the outing. I was actually quite shocked that people thought these were legit slips.
Some day, Some day
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

S~V~S wrote:
Dom wrote:comp could you please remove your vote from me now
He thought you were suspish, why are you asking him to do this with no reason why? Assuming comp=Vomp.

Unless you are one of the elusive BTS partners?
lol

No, it's just that his vote was based on my reaction to FZ... I voted for Snow Dog now.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Yeah, I think Vomp was just Vomping, and FZ was kidding around, like I have been. I am going to vote for an FZ voter, I think.

Linki~ OK, then, voting Eloh. Although why Snowy? I am not sensing a bad dog at this stage.
reywaS
Money Launderer

Post by reywaS »

I am also going to vote Elohcin
Some day, Some day
Boogs
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 46

Post by Boogs »

So how do we go from FZ being a high suspect and others to all of a sudden Elohcin who I don't find any pings from? Seems odd you two both just cast votes for her
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I think she made an opportunistic vote. Do you find FZ suspish?
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Also, I said before I voted for her that I was considering a vote for her based on her FZ vote.
Boogs
Drug Dealer

Post by Boogs »

Okay I see SVS made a good reason behind her vote, but Rey you are all over the place today! I may seriously move my vote on him as my original suspect or try testing MP mentioning someone has slipped before for BTSC and try FZ
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

:|
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

You have 10 hours to oust someone.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Boogs wrote:Okay I see SVS made a good reason behind her vote, but Rey you are all over the place today! I may seriously move my vote on him as my original suspect or try testing MP mentioning someone has slipped before for BTSC and try FZ
So...you think that I make a good point in my vote for Eloh, saying that she is opportunistic for voting for FZ when it is fairly obvious that she was kidding, yet you are considering a vote for FZ?

So you think i am sincere in my voting reason, but mistaken?
Boogs
Drug Dealer

Post by Boogs »

S~V~S wrote:
Boogs wrote:Okay I see SVS made a good reason behind her vote, but Rey you are all over the place today! I may seriously move my vote on him as my original suspect or try testing MP mentioning someone has slipped before for BTSC and try FZ
So...you think that I make a good point in my vote for Eloh, saying that she is opportunistic for voting for FZ when it is fairly obvious that she was kidding, yet you are considering a vote for FZ?

So you think i am sincere in my voting reason, but mistaken?

I think you did a good job to give why you voted, but Rey seems to just agree with everyone for no reason. I disagree that I believe Elohcin is bad yet, but Reywas has been pinging me since yesterday. Enough to make me swap my vote to him or FZ. I think Mp made a good enough case on FZ to try. I think they honestly posted here to try to joke but are really teammates.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

MP made a case on FZ? I must have missed that. i will go look for it.
Boogs
Drug Dealer

Post by Boogs »

S~V~S wrote:MP made a case on FZ? I must have missed that. i will go look for it.
There was a lot of back and forth between them earlier.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

What part of the back and forth most struck you in the way of convincing you FZ was bad?
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Voted for a self-voter.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Boogs
Drug Dealer

Post by Boogs »

S~V~S wrote:What part of the back and forth most struck you in the way of convincing you FZ was bad?
I feel MP has really good feels on people when he's civ. When the first thing happened where Vompattii and FZ had their exchange and "joking", it struck me. I totally was like, " what civ would joke like that??". So it made me feel they were either trying to joke but being serious or made a slip up. I still felt I would swap my vote to FZ because that was something enlightening I had been waiting for. Mp was trying to state he thought it could be an honest mistake, but he felt something was pinging him still about FZ.
Rey swapped his vote without much reason. So from the 2 suspects I have, me voting for Rey won't get him lynched, and I don't feel Elohcin is bad. I won't cast a vote on the others that have a vote right now because I don't feel they made me inclined to believe any of them are bad as well. So instead of lynching an innocent civ to me. I swapped to FZ to stand behind voting for someone I feel is bad.

Return to “Previous Side Missions”