Occultism Mafia - THE END

Moderator: Community Team

Search your feelings. You know it to be true.

Poll ended at Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:36 pm

birdwithteeth11
44%
Dom
No votes
Metalmarsh89
No votes
Mongoose
No votes
MovingPictures07
No votes
S~V~S
No votes
That's not true, that's impossible! (Host/Mod/Dead/Non-Player)
56%

Total votes: 9
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 81

Re: Occultism Mafia - Day 2

Post by S~V~S »

If she is, my guess is either Gardener, or:

"Abramelin the Mage - Author of one of the most powerful and rigorous works of Western Magic, detailing an intense operation to commune with one's Holy Guardian Angel and learn great magical secrets. Takes a few days to complete his operation, but if he makes it he becomes super powerful. *secrets*"

Although silencing people seems rather tame for Abramelin.

It does not look like a baddie silencing, they don't have one or any secrets.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Sorry for the quad post, but I need to keep up my high poster status :noble:

Blooper, how is it that you noticed Hedges vote; what led you to check to see who voted for who at this early stage?
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 29

Post by Elohcin »

@Host - can we change our votes in the polls?
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I logged in as White Queen & voted the host/non option, and she cannot revote.
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman
Posts in topic: 31
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by nijuukyugou »

S~V~S wrote:Sorry for the quad post, but I need to keep up my high poster status :noble:

Blooper, how is it that you noticed Hedges vote; what led you to check to see who voted for who at this early stage?
I read the thread and saw MP said he voted. Checked the votes and saw Hedgeowl had voted as well, but without an explanation.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Thank You for the reply :)

@LlamaLllama~ you had offered earlier; next phase can we change the poll time? If everyone is OK with that? Mornings are pretty awful for me, and I hate making uninformed votes (following on phone at work), or voting too early if i am not sure I can keep up on phone at work.
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

S~V~S wrote:I logged in as White Queen & voted the host/non option, and she cannot revote.
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

S~V~S wrote:Thank You for the reply :)

@LlamaLllama~ you had offered earlier; next phase can we change the poll time? If everyone is OK with that? Mornings are pretty awful for me, and I hate making uninformed votes (following on phone at work), or voting too early if i am not sure I can keep up on phone at work.
I am fine with a change too. I will be voting tonight before I go to bed and wish I could hear form more players before I had to vote. At this time I am thinking Boogs. It isn't just his actions but a vibe too. I hate using that word but it is the only one I can think to use. Well..I guess ping works.
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman

Post by nijuukyugou »

I agree with changing the poll times - while I do stay up late, I prefer not having to vote at that time. Evening vote time, if possible :)

There are several people who haven't said a word since the last lynch (INH, AP, Hedgeowl, and Keterman), and nutella has posted since but without much substance that I can see. Perhaps one or two have been silenced (there are a couple of roles that allow for unexplained "hexes" and "potions"), but I'm thinking the baddies are lying low today. I don't like to vote for someone based solely on low posts, but it feels like those who are talking are Civvies going after other Civvies. Like Mongoose, I'm also not keen on this suspicion of Boogs. Dom's reasoning was that he was "fixated" on Eloh, but if that were the case, then why didn't Boogs vote Eloh Day 1? Or even halfway attempt a lynch? It just seemed like he was making a joke based on the Hobbit to me. Are there other reasons I'm missing? Or is anyone else suspicious of the silence? Thoughts??
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 65

Post by thellama73 »

Elohcin wrote:@Host - can we change our votes in the polls?
Nope. All votes are final.
S~V~S wrote: @LlamaLllama~ you had offered earlier; next phase can we change the poll time? If everyone is OK with that? Mornings are pretty awful for me, and I hate making uninformed votes (following on phone at work), or voting too early if i am not sure I can keep up on phone at work.
I am fine with doing this. I will extend the lynch period until tomorrow night. Is six o'clock EDT okay? However, I have a party on Saturday, so I will not be around to conclude the night until Sunday. I guess I will just make a 48 hour night.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Boogs
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 37

Post by Boogs »

nijuukyugou wrote:I agree with changing the poll times - while I do stay up late, I prefer not having to vote at that time. Evening vote time, if possible :)

There are several people who haven't said a word since the last lynch (INH, AP, Hedgeowl, and Keterman), and nutella has posted since but without much substance that I can see. Perhaps one or two have been silenced (there are a couple of roles that allow for unexplained "hexes" and "potions"), but I'm thinking the baddies are lying low today. I don't like to vote for someone based solely on low posts, but it feels like those who are talking are Civvies going after other Civvies. Like Mongoose, I'm also not keen on this suspicion of Boogs. Dom's reasoning was that he was "fixated" on Eloh, but if that were the case, then why didn't Boogs vote Eloh Day 1? Or even halfway attempt a lynch? It just seemed like he was making a joke based on the Hobbit to me. Are there other reasons I'm missing? Or is anyone else suspicious of the silence? Thoughts??
Exactly my thoughts Blooper. My joke on A Day 0 turned into Dom thinking I was after Elohcin when I was being playful. I didn't bring up any reason to want to lynch her or encourage anyone to do so. I'm not sure why MP is agreeing with Dom and I know something weird is going on based on the way he talked.
But, I have to say low posters indeed should be examined. Based on the 2 I thought should be examined, I think Vomps makes good with me (so far) in the game but A Person could have easily followed his logic now that I understand what he was trying to say more clearly.
If I were to vote a low poster, I'd vote Keterman only because I don't know his/her play style yet and I know in my first mafia I was given teammates and was bad to help me... I don't really have much else to go on right now. Unfortunately, my vote has to be cast tonight before bed because right after work tomorrow I am going to a friend's house to play games. So hopefully something better will be laid out in the forum that is better than that vote for me at least.
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Since we have until tomorrow evening to vote, I am holding off until tomorrow :D Maybe some of the low posters you are talking about will come around.
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 63
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

S~V~S wrote:
Mongoose wrote:I'm not so sure I'm down with a Boogs vote though, sug.

Is it just me or has Socky lost the plot a bit?

LIzzy, get your face in here; we need your insight, cakepop.
1. Can you explain why you trust Boogs?

2. Do you have anyone you DIStrust, even a bit?

3.What are your thoughts on Hedgeowl?
I numbered them for easy reference, hope you don't mind.

1. I don't, I just don't mistrust him yet.

2. Sock. Definitely Sock.

3. She's being consistent with her motives (from past games I mean), so I can't tell yet either way.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 47

Re: Occultism Mafia - Night 1

Post by Dom »

Boogs wrote:Sorry guys. Had a lot going on after work today and just now got home with Corsair. Rip Epignosis :/

I do think it's worth a look at some Epignosis voters without sound reason for doing it. I'm honestly surprised he got 5 votes myself.

And Dom I wasn't fixated in the least or I would have tried to get people to vote for Elohcin. I think it's weird you are fixated on me for a Day 0 comment, myself. But, it's just you being you I guess.
You're bad.

You asked about Elohcin MULTIPLE TIMES. Not just on Day zero. You're lying.

You're telling me that you didn't bring up this multiple times to try and get an easy lynch??

*votes Boogs*
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Boogs
Drug Dealer

Re: Occultism Mafia - Night 1

Post by Boogs »

Dom wrote:
Boogs wrote:Sorry guys. Had a lot going on after work today and just now got home with Corsair. Rip Epignosis :/

I do think it's worth a look at some Epignosis voters without sound reason for doing it. I'm honestly surprised he got 5 votes myself.

And Dom I wasn't fixated in the least or I would have tried to get people to vote for Elohcin. I think it's weird you are fixated on me for a Day 0 comment, myself. But, it's just you being you I guess.
You're bad.

You asked about Elohcin MULTIPLE TIMES. Not just on Day zero. You're lying.

You're telling me that you didn't bring up this multiple times to try and get an easy lynch??

*votes Boogs*
You're horribly wrong. I guess I'm the new Bullzeye for you since he's not playing.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

*this suspicion has no basis because you're wrong*
what
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Boogs
Drug Dealer

Post by Boogs »

Also Dom, can you pull quotes on this that I have done "multiple times" about trying to get Elohcin lynched? I'd love to see these non existent quotes. And if you can provide where I've said in my quotes to vote her today, I will even vote on myself.

Because truth is, I've done nothing to suggest ANYONE vote for her today. She wasn't in my suggestions at all.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Rather than arguing against my points, Boogs has decided to criticize my past actions with another player.
He is attacking my reputation not my posts.

LINKI

Boogs, I never claimed you tried to get others to vote for Elohcin. I claimed you were looking for an easy vote where you would bear no responsibility, rather Epig would.
Boogs
Drug Dealer

Post by Boogs »

Dom wrote:*this suspicion has no basis because you're wrong*
what
Because dude you do this every game. You get fixated on a single player and Bullz has told me how you do that to him EVERY game you play. When I hosted Pokemon you did it to him. You're doing this to me now. You have a really bad radar man. Taking myself out of the equation if I was any other player viewing what you said, I have no earthly idea how me making a joke about another game some how means I'm gunning to kill that player when my vote has not been for them or have I ever tried to rally or suggest any players vote for them.

Linki I didn't vote Epignosis because I didn't think he was bad. Are you questioning any other players who didn't vote for Epignosis? No.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Re: Occultism Mafia - Day 0

Post by Dom »

Boogs wrote:Epignosis, you be sure to tell us if your wife is evil once again with those spouse tingling skills of yours, okay? Lol
Boogs wrote:Elohcin, do no doubt the great teacher one's sense of evil :p
Two times in a day with pretty much zero Epignosis response? Seems a bit much to me.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Boogs wrote:
what
Because dude you do this every game. You get fixated on a single player and Bullz has told me how you do that to him EVERY game you play. When I hosted Pokemon you did it to him. You're doing this to me now. You have a really bad radar man. Taking myself out of the equation if I was any other player viewing what you said, I have no earthly idea how me making a joke about another game some how means I'm gunning to kill that player when my vote has not been for them or have I ever tried to rally or suggest any players vote for them.

Linki I didn't vote Epignosis because I didn't think he was bad. Are you questioning any other players who didn't vote for Epignosis? No.
Woah.
I am apparently really bad at mafia now!
Boogs
Drug Dealer

Post by Boogs »

And an easy lynch on who? Elohcin? Someone else? I define an easy lynch as going with the flow for no sound reason to ensure that player gets another vote to die. I don't see how I did that voting for A Person? I don't follow you.??
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

I am always wrong, apparently. I've never been right in a suspicion, so don't trust me, everyone!

LINKI
Epig didn't bite.
You wanted to see if he would lead a lynch on Elohcin for you.
Boogs
Drug Dealer

Re: Occultism Mafia - Day 0

Post by Boogs »

Dom wrote:
Boogs wrote:Epignosis, you be sure to tell us if your wife is evil once again with those spouse tingling skills of yours, okay? Lol
Boogs wrote:Elohcin, do no doubt the great teacher one's sense of evil :p
Two times in a day with pretty much zero Epignosis response? Seems a bit much to me.
I'm sorry if I like to make jokes with players I enjoy in a game? Is that something that makes me suspicious for doing so?

Linki Dom it's not worth arguing about. You are taking my joke to another player I'm friends with way too far. You voted me and you can't change the vote, so good for you. You voted wrong. Maybe you'll get it right tomorrow.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

What happened to the fact that all claims from me must be false because they're from me, Boogs?
Boogs
Drug Dealer

Post by Boogs »

Dom wrote:What happened to the fact that all claims from me must be false because they're from me, Boogs?
Dude you're misinterpreting things. You're pulling words to all my posts in this game and twisting them.

I said you have a bad radar. I said you get fixated on a single player. I will define what I meant to make sure you understand:

Bad radar- When reading players, one often suggests the wrong person to be lynched and does not pick up on baddies as well

Fixated- to single out one player in a game and continuously try to get them out and them alone . Cited: You going after a friend outside the game we play with named Bullzeye in almost every game you both play together because he has told me and I have witnessed this as a host in Pokemon.

Dom you and me going back and forth is 2 Civs arguing and it isn't going to get us any closer to the mafia. You cast your vote and great. I can't change it. I can however try to tell you and reason with you that you are reading me incorrectly and try to help you understand where I was coming from because you aren't reading my posts in this game as clearly as I am trying to make them for you to get my point of view.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Just to be clear, this is the post with the genetic fallacy in it:
Boogs wrote:
what

Linki I didn't vote Epignosis because I didn't think he was
bad. Are you questioning any other players who didn't vote for Epignosis? No.

LINKI
Bad Radar, to you, is not good at picking out who baddies are. . .
. . . which is the entire point of mafia. . .
. . . so you said I suck at Mafia. . .
. . . and therefore must be wrong. . .
. . . rather than saying why I am wrong. . .
. . . you pointed out that the information came from someone you think sucks at mafia. . .
. . . so basically you don't care what my reasons are, just that others don't follow them.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 21
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

wait, so is the poll actually going to be extended until 6pm tomorrow?

I'm pretty confused but I have to agree with Boogs re: Dom. Dom always does this fixation thing, where he jumps on something insignificant and pursues it with a dog like a bone. I'm kinda unclear on why Boogs was suspicious in the first place, but if it's just Dom's radar, I don't trust it. I think this is likely civ-on-civ. Idk where to look for now though. I'm guessing those weird posts from MP were due to a curse or potion or something..?

linki: wow you guys are really getting off topic and going in pointless circles aren't you :/
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

nutella wrote:wait, so is the poll actually going to be extended until 6pm tomorrow?

I'm pretty confused but I have to agree with Boogs re: Dom. Dom always does this fixation thing, where he jumps on something insignificant and pursues it with a dog like a bone. I'm kinda unclear on why Boogs was suspicious in the first place, but if it's just Dom's radar, I don't trust it. I think this is likely civ-on-civ. Idk where to look for now though. I'm guessing those weird posts from MP were due to a curse or potion or something..?

linki: wow you guys are really getting off topic and going in pointless circles aren't you :/
Please, nutella, tell me how this is off topic.
Boogs
Drug Dealer

Post by Boogs »

Dom wrote:Just to be clear, this is the post with the genetic fallacy in it:
Boogs wrote:
what

Linki I didn't vote Epignosis because I didn't think he was
bad. Are you questioning any other players who didn't vote for Epignosis? No.

LINKI
Bad Radar, to you, is not good at picking out who baddies are. . .
. . . which is the entire point of mafia. . .
. . . so you said I suck at Mafia. . .
. . . and therefore must be wrong. . .
. . . rather than saying why I am wrong. . .
. . . you pointed out that the information came from someone you think sucks at mafia. . .
. . . so basically you don't care what my reasons are, just that others don't follow them.
Dom I really hope you aren't taking it to heart and interpreting my posts as you suck. That would never be something I would say to a player. What I'm trying to help you understand is, your read on people that I witnessed isn't as sharp as some players when they accuse baddies. It wasn't meant to say you are a bad player, it was meant to show you past situations that haven't been accurate to help you change your thinking of why you accused me and see it could be a different outcome. Does that make sense? Again, I'm sorry if you felt offended in any way. I hope that we can move forward and if we continue to not see eye to eye, then let's agree to disagree.
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman

Post by nijuukyugou »

Mongoose wrote:
S~V~S wrote:

1. Can you explain why you trust Boogs?

2. Do you have anyone you DIStrust, even a bit?

3.What are your thoughts on Hedgeowl?

3. She's being consistent with her motives (from past games I mean), so I can't tell yet either way.
I'm sorry if you've already done so, but can you elaborate on your suspicion of MP (I assume that's who you are referring to as "Sock")? I found his last posts to be weird and unfounded, as well (aside from the fortune-cookie style), and I'd like to know if you have any other thoughts (especially since you say "definitely").
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

nutella wrote:wait, so is the poll actually going to be extended until 6pm tomorrow?
Yep!
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

To be clear, I do not care that Boogs thinks I am not very good at Mafia. I am simply pointing out that Boogs is saying because the assertion came from someone with a bad track record, and the information must be wrong.

LINKI
Boogs. I do not take offense, because I know my 'radar' is NOT as bad as you are purporting (Not that it matters, as I've tried to express. You have not addressed my accusations, only my character and reputation).
I found it very curious that you indicated that the day zero poll was *probably* a 'choose a direction poll'. I had very little reason to believe that, but you, apparently, had very good reason to believe that.
Apparently all suspicions from me are wrong-- trust me, Boogs, I will remember this. ;)
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

I also find it suspect that players like SVS found it suspect that Epi voted the way he did. She has seen him vote in such a way many, many times.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 21
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Dom: So, what do you think the day 0 poll was for? Llama indicated that nobody had info about which options would benefit them, so I found the "which direction" theory to be a plausible one, despite my not fully understanding what that would mean (someone said it was used in a recent game, so I figure it's a mechanic with rising popularity, so it seems likely). Do you have a different theory about the poll's effect(s)?
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

nutella wrote:Dom: So, what do you think the day 0 poll was for? Llama indicated that nobody had info about which options would benefit them, so I found the "which direction" theory to be a plausible one, despite my not fully understanding what that would mean (someone said it was used in a recent game, so I figure it's a mechanic with rising popularity, so it seems likely). Do you have a different theory about the poll's effect(s)?
No.
I just thought his use of the word 'probably' was strange. I think that he tried to get Epig to either validate an elo lynch (a lynch where everyone's votes would be tied to Epig-- this has happened before) or go against an elo lynch (bringing a lot of attention to epig without bringing attention to boogs).
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Dom wrote:I also find it suspect that players like SVS found it suspect that Epi voted the way he did. She has seen him vote in such a way many, many times.
I have seen him post in odd way, imposing posting restrictions on himself many many times, yes. But I have not seen him make many unexplained votes. And THAT was why I voted for him; the unexplained vote.

Plus the fact that he has done something unusual as a civ before (which is, like i have told Eloh, not why I voted for him) does not mean he is a civ now. I used to do that too. I used to do crazy crap as a civ, which would get me lynched, and i took it. Next time I was bad and I did it, I would get the pass becasue I had been known to do it as a civ. So like I said, I tend to ignore history with Epig. I tend not to follow his suspicions, or pay much attention to what he says becasue he does things like what he did to Bullz in the last game; using someone who is not a baddie to flush a baddie out.

He did not post a reason for putting a second vote on a person who had done nothing suspicious. Had he even mentioned Lizzy in his post, I probably would not have voted for him.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

S~V~S wrote:
Dom wrote:I also find it suspect that players like SVS found it suspect that Epi voted the way he did. She has seen him vote in such a way many, many times.
I have seen him post in odd way, imposing posting restrictions on himself many many times, yes. But I have not seen him make many unexplained votes. And THAT was why I voted for him; the unexplained vote.

Plus the fact that he has done something unusual as a civ before (which is, like i have told Eloh, not why I voted for him) does not mean he is a civ now. I used to do that too. I used to do crazy crap as a civ, which would get me lynched, and i took it. Next time I was bad and I did it, I would get the pass becasue I had been known to do it as a civ. So like I said, I tend to ignore history with Epig. I tend not to follow his suspicions, or pay much attention to what he says becasue he does things like what he did to Bullz in the last game; using someone who is not a baddie to flush a baddie out.

He did not post a reason for putting a second vote on a person who had done nothing suspicious. Had he even mentioned Lizzy in his post, I probably would not have voted for him.
What do you think of Boogs?
Vompatti
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 53

Post by Vompatti »

The sounds I am listening to every night at first appear to be human voices conversing back and forth in a language I cannot understand. I find it difficult to imagine that I am actually hearing real voices from people not of this planet. :eek:
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Dom I do also somewhat suspect Boogs, but for a somewhat different reason, although i also think he did try to mischaracterie what you said. Read down.
nijuukyugou wrote:
Mongoose wrote:
S~V~S wrote:

Can you explain why you trust Boogs?

Do you have anyone you DIStrust, even a bit?

What are your thoughts on Hedgeowl?

I'm sorry if you've already done so, but can you elaborate on your suspicion of MP (I assume that's who you are referring to as "Sock")? I found his last posts to be weird and unfounded, as well (aside from the fortune-cookie style), and I'd like to know if you have any other thoughts (especially since you say "definitely").
I took the numbering out since I did not put that in, it looks interrogation-y, and that was not my intent.

And yeah Goosey, I also would like more than a one liner answer to the MP part. And I am trying to see what you see re Boogs, since tbh, I don't see it. Also, re Hedgie, arbitrary voting strategy =/= motives. This seems very carefully worded to me. But i always tend to overread you, so I would like a bit more detail.

Re Dom v. Boogs, they are both guilty of the same thing, or a similar thing, in this case, IMO. Dom has a tendency to curt posts, and is very single minded at times to the point of tunnel vision. Boogs has a tendency to get defensive and react as if people are attacking him, the person, as opposed to *Him* the Mafia Player. Boogs is asking Dom not to be himself, and Dom is reacting to the defensiveness, not the content; to the frosting,not the cake. Boogs, Dom is who he is and thats all what he is, and Dom, Boogs is a cake, treat him that way :p

FWIW, re Dom, just becasue he always does things a certain way does not mean he is wrong; when he is civ I find his radar fairly impressive. Unless he suspects me, then not so much :haha:

Chill my brothers.

So the person i walked away from this with an eyeball on is Nutella (who was also my secondary selection yesterday) for this:

Everything in the second paragraph tweaks me. LA, Can you give examples of Dom doing this and being wrong? What leads you to think they are both civs?

For me, this post of boogs got my attention:

I was under the impression we all had similar reasons for voting Epi; it always gets my eye in a one Mafia game when a civvie is lynched when peoples first post after the lynch post is one casting suspicions on the people who voted for the lynched civvies. Awesome cred building technique. Also it gets my eye here that Boogs does seem to have been trying to mischaracterize the point Dom was making. I thought his point was rather clear, and had nothing to do with voting for Elo. It feels somewhat defensive to me, BUT as i said I think Boogs tends to be defensive (something I can relate to, lol) so unless something else comes up, I have shuffled him further back in my list of suspicions. Although I will be following to see if Dom v. Boogs has a rematch.

I was considering a Hedgeowl vote today, but i think she is silenced; I don't see her as a driveby voter. So I won't be voting for her, and am looking forward to hearing her reasons for voting for me again, and so early :)

And yay again for extended poll, cause i have to go get ready for work.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

As an edit before walking out the door, to Boogs & Dom, I do both of those things myself, and several dozen other much more horrible behaviors myself~ out of love & respect, not criticism <3
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Since the poll is going to turn itself off at 10:00 and the only way I can extend it would involve deleting the votes already there, here's what we're going to do.

The poll will end end at 6:00 PM EDT today. If the poll shuts itself off before you vote, please post your vote in bold in the thread and it will be counted. Thanks, and have a lovely day.

Boogs
Drug Dealer

Post by Boogs »

Oh cool. I didn't see it was extended. I can actually wait to vote right after work on my phone then :)
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

I agree wholeheartedly about Hedgie. I've never seen her as driveby voter.

I need to be very careful with my words, so that's why I didn't post more last night (also my boss was hanging around foreevvvver), but I'm home now and I have a bit more time before my work is throwing me a going away party tonight!

Let's see how cogent I can be about this - I am definitely examining Boog as much as anyone else (who is such a lovely human being/cat by the way), but I was hesitant to take Sock's word for it. I found his post drumming up support for a Boogs vote to be fun and funny, but weird: http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 434#p72368

I'm examining why things went down the way they did last night, but I think it could very well be Sock. I would hate to push him out so early (he died so early in last game, but at least he really was bad), but it explains a lot if he is Aleister Crowley. And yeah, specifically Crowley, not just a bad hoss in general.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

It would explain so much if you could elaborate on why you think that as well.
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

S~V~S wrote:It would explain so much if you could elaborate on why you think that as well.
I promise I'm not being intentionally obtuse, but I gotta hold back a bit. Generally, I analyzed how Night 1 went down (no deaths) and filled in the blanks from there. There are other explanations for it, of course, so I could be very well wrong. I'm not at all "Super Sure" but am in the category of "Definitely Suspect" though.

Even without my annoyingly cryptic explanations, I think his actually thread behavior is odd. That in of itself isn't maybe ammunition for suspicion, but it's definitely eye-catching.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Dom wrote: LINKI
Epig didn't bite.
You wanted to see if he would lead a lynch on Elohcin for you.
I have to agree with this statement. However after reading all the back and forth between Dom and Boogs, I am not sure which of them is bad or if either of them is bad. I would lean ore towards Boogs however.

I'm not necessarily pinged by MP, but then again I do feel bad that he has been lynched early in the games he has played since being back, so maybe that is keeping me from seeing anything bad in him.

SVS made a good point about Nutella. Her post about her opinion of Dom was very pingy IMO as well.

So much to think about and only a little time to vote. We are having Simon's birthday party this evening. He is turning SEVEN! So hard to believe I have been a mom for seven years.
Vompatti
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 53

Post by Vompatti »

I'm somewhat surprised by the Boogs votes. Almost makes me feel like voting for MP to balance things out a bit. Also, why does SVS keep bringing up Hedge? Has anyone else been suspicious of her?
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Effective immediately, Metalmarsh89 is replacing Lizzy. Given that he only has 2 1/2 hours to catch up and vote, I will not punish him if he misses it.

Marmot
Marmot
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

thellama73 wrote:Effective immediately, Metalmarsh89 is replacing Lizzy. Given that he only has 2 1/2 hours to catch up and vote, I will not punish him if he misses it.
Excellent, because I'm leaving for work in 5 minutes and have no chance of catching up before then. :coffee3:

Hello.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Mafia: Image Image Image Image
Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.

Return to “Previous Side Missions”