Nat'l Lampoon's Christmas Vacation - Game End

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 494

Re: Nat'l Lampoon's Christmas Vacation

Post by MacDougall »

I don't follow your train of thought Leetic.

Restate your hypothesis please
leetic
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 240
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Oricorio

Post by leetic »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 6:20 pm Leetic: Abigail might be silencer and curser
Mac: Probably not for multiple reasons
Leetic: Maybe Abigail has been bullshitting all along and the silencer is someone else?

I'm confused. Are you claiming you were never cursed?
Also, when have I said the first statement? I have always expressed skepticism over Abby's claim; the silencer and post restrictor being the same person doesn't mean it's Abby, that would be a fallacy
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

leetic wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 6:23 pm
MacDougall wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 6:22 pm
leetic wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 6:20 pm
☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2023 3:38 am
leetic wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2023 2:59 am
☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2023 2:56 am Bored
Is that really all you're gonna post here? I'd expect at least some energy from you. It doesn't help that you're someone who'd be more likely to slap me with a post restriction.
Oh yeah that was me
Yeah, right here. How was that unprompted?
Unprompted is the wrong word. Unnecessary better word.
You do know this is Abby we're talking about. The same person who faked a red check on me and held it for half the phase. Lying about this for whatever stupid reason is completely in-character for her

Also, you're moving the goalposts here
Oh so you're saying she can be lying as town or mafia and someone else is the curse/silencer entirely?

Eh seems pointless. False claiming a red is less pointless because it applies pressure. False claiming someone else's cursing role here makes no sense and is some seriously wild speculation.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

@Long Con please decrypt Leetic. I'm losing my marbles.
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 6:25 pm
☆Princess Abigail☆ wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2023 2:56 am Bored
Is that really all you're gonna post here? I'd expect at least some energy from you. It doesn't help that you're someone who'd be more likely to slap me with a post restriction.
Oh yeah that was me
You do know this is Abby we're talking about. The same person who faked a red check on me and held it for half the phase. Lying about this for whatever stupid reason is completely in-character for her

Oh so you're saying she can be lying as town or mafia and someone else is the curse/silencer entirely?

Eh seems pointless. False claiming a red is less pointless because it applies pressure. False claiming someone else's cursing role here makes no sense and is some seriously wild speculation.
Abby doesn't do things that make sense
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
RondoDimBuckle
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 344
Preferred Pronouns: Rondo/RondoDimBuckle
Aka: Rondo

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

Spoiler: show
EOD2 for posterity
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
I'm not dumb I just don't know things.
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

There is like a funny mind game between the protective roll and the triangle of Long Con / Rondo / Scotty
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

My hypothesis is Abigail = curser and not silencer because if Abigail was, the simple act of claiming the curse means they'd just full claim the silencing as well (as either alignment), and if they are neither the wouldn't claim to have cursed you because it serves no purpose.

Given I was untargetable n0 and there was no d1 silence I think it's logical to deduce the silencer targeted me n0 and given they targeted Scotty who is now mechanically green on n1, it means the silencer is mafia.

This then means that Abi is probably town because if 2 of the mafia were simply derpy post limiters in a game where town have multiple cops I'd be surprised. Also it doesn't track that a mafia curser would bother claiming it and subsequently box themselves into townsiding with further actions of it.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 335
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 6:26 pm @Long Con please decrypt Leetic. I'm losing my marbles.
Although leetic is correct in that Abi seems to lie just for fun sometimes, I don't really think that she is. There could be other levels of lying like she is the silencer and the curser.

That's more likely but I still kind of doubt it. If she is lying, then I think she is a Wolf.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

leetic wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 6:26 pm
MacDougall wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 6:25 pm

Oh yeah that was me

Abby doesn't do things that make sense
Sorry but I prefer to maintain a reasonable solving process when the alternative that you're proposing is tantamount to "anything is possible".
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

given they targeted Scotty who is now mechanically green on n1, it means the silencer is mafia.
No Scotty was green after the silencing.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Long Con wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 6:31 pm
MacDougall wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 6:26 pm @Long Con please decrypt Leetic. I'm losing my marbles.
Although leetic is correct in that Abi seems to lie just for fun sometimes, I don't really think that she is. There could be other levels of lying like she is the silencer and the curser.

That's more likely but I still kind of doubt it. If she is lying, then I think she is a Wolf.
Sure but if she's the silencer and curser then it means there'll be a curse today and no silence right? As is the pattern and by claiming she's boxed in to townsiding with the role.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Long Con wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 6:33 pm
given they targeted Scotty who is now mechanically green on n1, it means the silencer is mafia.
Far, far from my point.

I'm saying that the silencer is clearly not town due to exclusively targeting town with the role. They are blatantly wolfsiding with it by silencing people like myself and Scotty.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 6:34 pm
Long Con wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 6:33 pm
Far, far from my point.

I'm saying that the silencer is clearly not town due to exclusively targeting town with the role. They are blatantly wolfsiding with it by silencing people like myself and Scotty.
Yes, that makes sense.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Maybe I should check you tonight, Mac.
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 6:30 pm My hypothesis is Abigail = curser and not silencer because if Abigail was, the simple act of claiming the curse means they'd just full claim the silencing as well (as either alignment), and if they are neither the wouldn't claim to have cursed you because it serves no purpose.

Given I was untargetable n0 and there was no d1 silence I think it's logical to deduce the silencer targeted me n0 and given they targeted Scotty who is now mechanically green on n1, it means the silencer is mafia.

This then means that Abi is probably town because if 2 of the mafia were simply derpy post limiters in a game where town have multiple cops I'd be surprised. Also it doesn't track that a mafia curser would bother claiming it and subsequently box themselves into townsiding with further actions of it.
what if its a choice of singing a song or silencing or something else? Or is that not how Roxy would write the roles?
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

RondoDimBuckle wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 6:30 pm There is like a funny mind game between the protective roll and the triangle of Long Con / Rondo / Scotty
It will be exciting to see if there is a kill tonight!
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

That is to say Abbi N0 > Leetic (Song) N1 > Scotty (Silence)

when I see a song and a silence at the same time I will re-evaluate. But perhaps she switches between song and silence even/odd
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

RondoDimBuckle wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 6:37 pm
MacDougall wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 6:30 pm My hypothesis is Abigail = curser and not silencer because if Abigail was, the simple act of claiming the curse means they'd just full claim the silencing as well (as either alignment), and if they are neither the wouldn't claim to have cursed you because it serves no purpose.

what if its a choice of singing a song or silencing or something else? Or is that not how Roxy would write the roles?
That could very well be... I don't think that speculation leads anywhere that great at this point in time, though.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

RondoDimBuckle wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 6:38 pm That is to say Abbi N0 > Leetic (Song) N1 > Scotty (Silence)

when I see a song and a silence at the same time I will re-evaluate. But perhaps she switches between song and silence even/odd
Yeah but I just don't see the utility in partial claiming because it ultimately leads to their death. The alternatives of either not claiming, or full claiming, are both strictly a better play for Mafia Abigail than semi claiming and lying about their actions in a world where mafia wouldn't even be able to be certain someone wouldn't just out them off a track anyway.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 6:41 pm
RondoDimBuckle wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 6:38 pm That is to say Abbi N0 > Leetic (Song) N1 > Scotty (Silence)

Yeah but I just don't see the utility in partial claiming because it ultimately leads to their death. The alternatives of either not claiming, or full claiming, are both strictly a better play for Mafia Abigail than semi claiming and lying about their actions in a world where mafia wouldn't even be able to be certain someone wouldn't just out them off a track anyway.
But Abi isn't always a player who plays the way you would consider ideal.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Abigail would have essentially outed themselves for no apparent reason in any world where town has a tracker that tracked her n1, or even variations of town rolecop/watcher/voyeur. There are too many ways that a simple pointless partial claim with a lie in it can backfire for a mafia Abi to have done that imo.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Long Con wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 6:43 pm

But Abi isn't always a player who plays the way you would consider ideal.
That's a cop out argument. Abi might do FPS sometimes but they aren't going to misplay as mafia like that ever. They are a good player who takes their responsibility to their mafia teams seriously. I've wolfed with Abi before.
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

Yeah but when has Abbi ever been accused of taking the strictly better path? She is like me, we just kinda vibe around towards what we want if its fun. But you could be right. Its not going to be helpful to speculate on
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Long Con wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 6:36 pm Maybe I should check you tonight, Mac.
If you must.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

RondoDimBuckle wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 6:45 pm

Yeah but when has Abbi ever been accused of taking the strictly better path? She is like me, we just kinda vibe around towards what we want if its fun. But you could be right. Its not going to be helpful to speculate on
There is "vibe around towards what we want if it's fun" and there's "oops I'm needlessly outed now because I snap claimed a lie and Mac is a tracker who has caught me".

It's just so unlikely that Abi is lying about this that arguments to the contrary while slightly plausible should be set aside in favour of the cold hand of logic. As that is how town wins at mafia. So says the Oracle.
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 6:45 pm
If you must.
Mac, I am not trying to throw sus on you here but it is a concern I have been playing around with. What are the odds that a passive block is a mafia role? I dont mean in this game but generally as setup rands?
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 6:47 pm

There is "vibe around towards what we want if it's fun" and there's "oops I'm needlessly outed now because I snap claimed a lie and Mac is a tracker who has caught me".

It's just so unlikely that Abi is lying about this that arguments to the contrary while slightly plausible should be set aside in favour of the cold hand of logic. As that is how town wins at mafia. So says the Oracle.
I'm the Oracle here

I agree that speculating is pointless when we'll likely get more information soon anyway, but Abby does stupid shit as town all the time
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

leetic wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 6:49 pm

I'm the Oracle here

I agree that speculating is pointless when we'll likely get more information soon anyway, but Abby does stupid shit as town all the time
Lets try to be less critical of other peoples play, its happened a lot this game already
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I'm the Oracle here

As town, but the argument is that Abi is mafia no?

Ultimately we are trying to determine alignment not propensity to do dumb shit. The key point of everything I'm saying is that it all points at town Abigail.
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

RondoDimBuckle wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 6:48 pm
If you must.
Mac, I am not trying to throw sus on you here but it is a concern I have been playing around with. What are the odds that a passive block is a mafia role? I dont mean in this game but generally as setup rands?
Ascetic without any abilities is typically a wolf role. Town ascetics typically have secondary abilities, as the point is usually that they can't e.g. be protected by a Doctor. It typically depends on what other roles are in the setup though.
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

If you must.
:eye: Wouldn't that be a waste?
leetic
Racketeer

Post by leetic »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 6:51 pm

I'm the Oracle here

As town, but the argument is that Abi is mafia no?

Ultimately we are trying to determine alignment not propensity to do dumb shit. The key point of everything I'm saying is that it all points at town Abigail.
Not necessarily, if Abby is lying, it's more likely that she's town. Or she could be deflecting from a partner, but IDK
I'm a cool cat
Image Image
Image Image
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

If you must.
It's the only ability I have. I have no active powers. I am essentially a VT with a weak passive that is inconsistent. In this game does that sound like a wolf role? With town cops and full roleblockers?

The odds that a reflexive roleblocker is a townrole if you take my claim at face value (as in, that it's not part of a broader role, or I'm lying about it) is higher than it being a mafia role. But I could also just be a lying Godfather.

I don't need you to not find my claim questionable anyway. You should easily be able to read me on play based on how I've interacted with you in a way that should be quite blatantly indicative I had no idea what your alignment was.

Also every possible wolf in Rondo/LC/Scotty gown world we now reside in has spewed me town.
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 6:55 pm
If you must.
It's the only ability I have. I have no active powers. I am essentially a VT with a weak passive that is inconsistent. In this game does that sound like a wolf role? With town cops and full roleblockers?

The odds that a reflexive roleblocker is a townrole if you take my claim at face value (as in, that it's not part of a broader role, or I'm lying about it) is higher than it being a mafia role. But I could also just be a lying Godfather.

I don't need you to not find my claim questionable anyway. You should easily be able to read me on play based on how I've interacted with you in a way that should be quite blatantly indicative I had no idea what your alignment was.

Also every possible wolf in Rondo/LC/Scotty gown world we now reside in has spewed me town.
Hahahah in the LC / Rondo / Scotty world we just wait 12 hours and lynch me when none of us die lol
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Long Con wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 6:53 pm
If you must.
I literally just got through explaining to Rondo the utility of green checking Scotty so you don't have to go far to find evidence that I think using the cop check to clear people is a good use of it.

I do think it'd be a waste personally though hence the "if you must" not the "oh please sir" response.

Ie. if you're suspicious of me go for it. Because if you are then it obviously isn't a waste because it gets town one step closer to cohesive.

This all feels kind of like we're starting to spin our wheels into stupidville.
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 6:58 pm
Long Con wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 6:53 pm
If you must.
I literally just got through explaining to Rondo the utility of green checking Scotty so you don't have to go far to find evidence that I think using the cop check to clear people is a good use of it.

I do think it'd be a waste personally though hence the "if you must" not the "oh please sir" response.

Ie. if you're suspicious of me go for it. Because if you are then it obviously isn't a waste because it gets town one step closer to cohesive.

This all feels kind of like we're starting to spin our wheels into stupidville.
Yeah I was all <_< at first as well but then I thought about it and Mac has played the conversation out in his head already and decided thats the best response. Which in his position is probably the best response that I would make too
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

RondoDimBuckle wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 6:57 pm
If you must.

Hahahah in the LC / Rondo / Scotty world we just wait 12 hours and lynch me when none of us die lol
You misread my point entirely. I love writing large posts and then having someone focus on one sentence and misread it.

I'm saying in the world all 3 of you are town, all the mafia have spewed me town.

Leetic has tunneled me into the dirt and been tilting me non stop (and vice versa).
Pyxxy has reacted to my pushing him with submissive acceptance and an unwavering townread.
DM, Porscha, Tutuu, Abigail and Robyn have all townread me in ways that you should easily can see spew me unpartnered.
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

we dont kill mac here till lylo and likely we've found the wolf team anyway in pyxxy/dm/leetic/robyn/tutuu and we have enough chop and information to resolve the game. If abbi is wolf then its likely mac is too so we can eliminate that is a thought which leaves

pyxxy/dm/leetic/robyn/tutuu

who else can we eliminate?
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 7:00 pm
RondoDimBuckle wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 6:57 pm
If you must.

You misread my point entirely. I love writing large posts and then having someone focus on one sentence and misread it.

I'm saying in the world all 3 of you are town, all the mafia have spewed me town.

Leetic has tunneled me into the dirt and been tilting me non stop (and vice versa).
Pyxxy has reacted to my pushing him with submissive acceptance and an unwavering townread.
DM, Porscha, Tutuu, Abigail and Robyn have all townread me in ways that you should easily can see spew me unpartnered.
Ah I didnt get that aspect of it
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

For me to be mafia you're probably going to have a very narrow solve of Porscha and Tutuu with me, or Porscha/Abi maybe. Something like that.

But if you look at who is most likely mafia outside of me you run out of numbers too fast for me to be part of the team. I'm incompat with too many players, as usually tends to happen.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

RondoDimBuckle wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 7:01 pm we dont kill mac here till lylo and likely we've found the wolf team anyway in pyxxy/dm/leetic/robyn/tutuu and we have enough chop and information to resolve the game. If abbi is wolf then its likely mac is too so we can eliminate that is a thought which leaves

pyxxy/dm/leetic/robyn/tutuu

who else can we eliminate?
Tutuu narrow solving hard into the likely DM/Pyxxy world probably just means Tutuu is town and by virtue if disengaging the game has been able to avoid being caught up in micro bs and has just actually sorted properly.

Leetic would probably have needed to levelled quite hard to be able to maintain this level as mafia. Like they're either town who keeps biting off wrong takes and rolling from tiltmac to tiltmac or mafia doing that on purpose to be read as twtbw and the former is substantially more likely for Leetic as a player.

Hence I think it's just DM/Pyxxy/Robyn.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

What reason you leave Porscha out of that list Rondo?
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 7:06 pm What reason you leave Porscha out of that list Rondo?
Oh none, I forgot, put her in
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Porscha to me can sub as the fourth in this solve a little better than anyone else can. They have had some towny posts for sure but some of their play has felt like wolf agenda at times. Particularly moments where I've felt like they were subtly coercing me to go down bad paths, like when they were trying to push me off my Rondo townread early in the game for instance.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I think Porscha/Robyn is the only two of dynamic in Porscha/Robyn/DM/Pyxxy that I have seen a reason to exclude. Specifically because Porscha jumped on Robyn when I voted them.
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 7:10 pm Porscha to me can sub as the fourth in this solve a little better than anyone else can. They have had some towny posts for sure but some of their play has felt like wolf agenda at times. Particularly moments where I've felt like they were subtly coercing me to go down bad paths, like when they were trying to push me off my Rondo townread early in the game for instance.
yeah I have a big post about that in my iso. If we can unpair porscha was one of pyxxy/dm/robyn then that is the person I would sub out of this list and replace with porscha
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

MacDougall wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 7:11 pm I think Porscha/Robyn is the only two of dynamic in Porscha/Robyn/DM/Pyxxy that I have seen a reason to exclude. Specifically because Porscha jumped on Robyn when I voted them.
I will say I legtiminately scum read DM hard when ever I play with them. So their playstyle could be just fucked for me to vibe with. So it could be porscha/robyn/pyxxy. But the opportunistic vote on me to quickly switch away then it makes make feel she is just a wolf
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

If Robyn is town it means Scotty's wagon was pure too which as I said earlier seems unlikely, but would mean to me that Porscha has been aggressively wolfsiding specifically into me by arguing with my Rondo townread and agreeing with my Robyn wolfread. That's kind of how I'd anticipate a quality Porscha wolf game to look.

So yeah 1 in Robyn/Porscha seems likely.
DM and Pyxxy are probably both mafia.

Obviously the broader POE then are Tutuu/Leetic but as I've said I have better/stronger reasons to townread those two than the other four.

@Porscha @robyn do you both agree that the other is likely a wolf here?
RondoDimBuckle

Post by RondoDimBuckle »

So your chop is DM > Pyxxy > Robyn/Porscha (LC checks them by now) > Tutuu/Leetic (LC checked one of them if still alive) if the game is still going?
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”