[END] Harry Potter Mafia

Moderator: Community Team

Gunther
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 96

Re: [DAY 9] Harry Potter Mafia

Post by Gunther »

Anne Whittle wrote:I am voting Karin We have been given a gift. Alizon herself has given it to us.

The way to find out about Alizon for sure is by testing those she brought to us. It will put to rest her alignment fore the rest of the game.

Anne Redferne trying to discount Agnes/Harry Potter only makes me more sure that we should follow Jennet and Barbara.
Suggesting we lynch Jennet or Barbara only proves NOTHING except that you prefer to waste lynches. Why would you want to waste another day of no lynch Anne Redferne? Why would any sane civ want to lynch someone who is dead? They are not rezz'ed and are not here permanently this makes no sense to lynch them.

If Karin comes back bad I think her partners are Jane Southworth and Anne Redferne and ofc Alizon.

I find it quite hilarious that Alizon has completely dropped me from her radar.
Wait? What are you trying to say here?

This whole post makes no sense to me. If Alizon had something to do with the return of Barbara and Jennet what does that say exactly about Alizon besides the fact that she brought back Jennet and Barbara came along for the ride?

If Alizon is bad why would you trust anyone she brought back?

Furthermore, how would Karin coming back *bad* make Alizon her baddie partner? Why in the world would a baddie rez someone who then tossed one of their live teammates under the bus? If Alizon was bad, and if she was responsible for the rez, wouldn't it make more sense for her to bring back a fallen teammate or to not bring anyone back at all?

Funny you mention Jane, I've read her pretty civ this game.

This whole post feels like you are trying to set Alizon, Jane and Anne R up to take the blame when Karin comes back civ..

Unfortunately I can't wait around to vote as I have to go do some things with my favorite wizard. Please don't think though that I'll forget about this so I do hope you address my concerns.

vote Anne W.
Lizzy
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 67

Post by Lizzy »

Night 8 story updated. :dance:
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 180

Post by Spooky Ghost »

Karin Svensdotter wrote:
Märet Jonsdotter wrote:That's not remotely what happened?
:srsnod:
There has been more than one case presented to you. While not as perfect as some users pretend they are, they do present some problematic facets of your behavior. You have dismissed them. You also weren't brought up out of no where. You have been talked about since at least day 5.
Katharina Henot wrote:Ok - everything else aside - if we didn't lynch Karin - where else are we looking?
Exactly. The people saying no to Karin's lynch have yet to propose a viable alternative.
Operator
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 131

Post by Operator »

sike am vendue a bandwagon fan. Voting Anie whittle because DharmaRepresentative2342 Long Con Venomous Imp is villous medicine
Management
Ben Linus
Mouthpiece of Jacob
Posts in topic: 138

Post by Ben Linus »

Katharina Henot wrote:Ok - everything else aside - if we didn't lynch Karin - where else are we looking?
I think you should vote Karin, and if not her, then vote for me. You're allowed to make up your own mind though, you don't have to have someone else tell you where to place your vote, you know. :confused:
Ben Linus
Mouthpiece of Jacob

Post by Ben Linus »

That makes for 2 odd votes for Miss Whittle. :ponder:
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 175

Post by Jack Shephard »

Jennet Bierley wrote:That makes for 2 odd votes for Miss Whittle. :ponder:
Three.
Ben Linus
Mouthpiece of Jacob

Post by Ben Linus »

Why are you voting her?
Ben Linus
Mouthpiece of Jacob

Post by Ben Linus »

If you're not going to lynch Karin, then just lynch me. :wall:
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

Jennet Bierley wrote:Why are you voting her?
I have said this many times. She twists my words around. She had done so on at least two occasions.

Her last post is all over the map. I've given everyone a "gift" but I'm also Karin's teammate. I like how Katharina said it.
Anne Whittle wrote:I find it quite hilarious that Alizon has completely dropped me from her radar.
First, I didn't drop her from any radar. Second, I am positive that if I were actively advocating for her lynch in the thread this day period, she would have said this~

"I find it quite hilarious that Alizon is trying to put the thread's attention on me instead of where it should be- Karin."

Or some such variant. Anything I do is "odd" or "hilarious."

Anne says Barbara's case was strong but never said why. I am always suspicious of people who use adjectives ("strong case," "odd that...") without elaboration.

I'm sorry if I don't agree with the reasons Karin is receiving votes.

Actually, I'm not sorry.
Ben Linus
Mouthpiece of Jacob

Post by Ben Linus »

Well there's only three voters left, And I know two of them (Karin and Jane) are going to hop on the Whittle-wagon.
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

Jennet Bierley wrote:Well there's only three voters left, And I know two of them (Karin and Jane) are going to hop on the Whittle-wagon.
If Karin is bad, is she the only one left?
Ben Linus
Mouthpiece of Jacob

Post by Ben Linus »

Most assuredly not. As far as my knowledge goes, the only Death Eater no longer with us is Mary. My guess is that Voldemort doesn't die until all of his Death Eaters have passed, which is a scary thought when there are still a grand total of three.
Ben Linus
Mouthpiece of Jacob

Post by Ben Linus »

Also, I'm not saying that the Anne Whittle case isn't a good one or anything. I just happen to be more certain of Karin.
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 43

Post by Young Lady »

*voted Anne W*
Supervisor
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 82

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

I tied it up.
Celeste
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 120

Post by Celeste »

hmmm so now it's down to alice or sarah's vote choices?
Lizzy
Drug Dealer

Re: [POLLS] Harry Potter Mafia

Post by Lizzy »

Day 9
Who is a nasty Death Eater?

Poll ended at Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:06 am

Jennet Bierley
No votes

Alizon Device
Alice Nutter (9)
7%

Sarah Good
No votes

Katharina Henot
No votes

Märet Jonsdotter
No votes

Barbara Kollerin
No votes

Malin Matsdotter
Sarah Good (13)
7%

Alice Nutter
No votes

Anne Redferne
No votes

Jane Southworth
No votes

Karin Svensdotter
Jennet Bierley (2), Barbara Kollerin (3), Anne Whittle (5), Anne Redferne (7), Märet Jonsdotter (8)
33%

Anne Whittle
Katharina Henot (10), Malin Matsdotter (11), Alizon Device (12), Karin Svensdotter (14), Jane Southworth (15)
33%

Fluttershy (Hosts/Mod/Deadies)
Lizzy (1), S~V~S (4), A Person (6)
20%

Total votes : 15
Celeste
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Celeste »

wait nope, poll is already ended, so it's just a regular tie i guess. i feel like either way we're about to learn something
Lizzy
Drug Dealer

Post by Lizzy »

Day 9: The Acromantula

Naturally, Anne W. had been affected by Merga’s death in Honeydukes, but she was desperately looking for something to quench her thirst and drinking a few bottles of pumpkin juice on top of Merga’s body might have been considered tactless. Thus, she took advantage of the mess inside the candy shop to sneak out and head for the Three Broomsticks. At long last! She quaffed three pints of butterbeer before you could say ‘Merlin’s beard!’ and kindly asked Madame Rosmerta for four more bottles which she hid in her robes. By the time she got out she was feeling a tad tipsy. ‘I wonder if there was any firewhisky in there. HIC! Blimey! Better go back to the castle!’ so she headed back wobbling and checking from time to time if her bottles were still intact, and the only way to do that was to take a test it properly and take a sip from time to time. After a couple of hours, she found herself surrounded by tall dark trees, and sheer and utter silence. Anne had never been so deep in the Forbidden Forest before, so she wondered how the bloody hell she ended up in there in the first place. Still dizzy and fairly intoxicated, she noticed a trail of spiders moving along the path. She reached for her wand ‘LUMOS’ and decided to follow the spiders, because that is what you normally do. She couldn’t move very quickly; there were tree roots and stumps in their way, barely visible in the near blackness, plus, she was still drunk.

She walked for what it seemed like at least half an hour, her robes snagging on low-slung branches and brambles. After a while she noticed that the ground seemed to be sloping downwards, though the trees were as thick as ever. She tripped and started rolling downhill. Something hairy by extremely soft had cushioned her fall. ‘Cheers, mate!’ but before she could marvel at the beast that was near her, a pair of giant pincers penetrated her neck and the venom killed her instantaneously.

Anne Whittle has been lynched. She was Vincent Crabbe.

It is now Night 9. You have 23 hours to send in your PMs.
Lizzy
Drug Dealer

Re: [NIGHT 9] Harry Potter Mafia

Post by Lizzy »

I seem to have a bit of Polyjuice Potion left.

If you want it, send the hosts a PM with what you'd do with it.
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Spooky Ghost »

Yeah, not surprised.
Operator
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Operator »

Märet Jonsdotter wrote:Yeah, not surprised.
I am. :huh:

Glad not to be insanified anymore though.
Management
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Spooky Ghost »

Alizon Device
Alice Nutter (9)
7%

Karin Svensdotter
Jennet Bierley (2), Barbara Kollerin (3), Anne Whittle (5), Anne Redferne (7), Märet Jonsdotter (8)
33%

Anne Whittle
Katharina Henot (10), Malin Matsdotter (11), Alizon Device (12), Karin Svensdotter (14), Jane Southworth (15)
33%

You're telling this doesn't look like a classic baddie save? The FIRST vote for Anne came after the LAST vote for Karin.
Chuck
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 60

Post by Chuck »

Oh dang son look at Malin with her vote for Anne wow.
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

I was wrong about Anne Whittle. I'm sorry Anne, and won't blame you if you hate me. :sigh: Like I said, I'm trying, and I still don't think Karin is bad.
Märet Jonsdotter wrote:Alizon Device
Alice Nutter (9)
7%

Karin Svensdotter
33%

Anne Whittle
33%

You're telling this doesn't look like a classic baddie save? The FIRST vote for Anne came after the LAST vote for Karin.
No it doesn't.

Maybe because all the Anne voters, you know, WAITED to vote. Like I've been asking people to do (when we have 48 hours). Maybe they were willing to hear out what anybody else had to say. That's what I did. To be fair, I think you did also, although it's clear you could have waited a bit longer.

It's only a baddie save if Karin is a baddie, and sorry to the ressurectees, but I'm not convinced. I listen to cases, not smelly "Some of us have info."
Operator
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Operator »

Sarah Good wrote:Oh dang son look at Malin with her vote for Anne wow.
Wow indeed.

Now that I am not insane I can explain my vote. I thought Anne had been acting very baddie. She was completely silent and non-participatory until she started getting suspicion, then she was super-active and defensive, giving a lot of NO Us and quite a few arguments that made no sense. It smacked of desperation, and I really thought she was bad. She ended up being Slytherin, so I was pretty close, right? :P

I too have grave misgivings about the way Barbara and Jennet have been playing. It smells really fishy to just pop up out of nowhere, point to someone, shout "HER!" and then immediately cast votes. It feels manipulative and I don't like being manipulated. That being said, I have no real opinion of Karin and my vote was not about saving her, it was about voting my conscience as I have ALWAYS done this game and will continue to do. Sarah Good still hasn't contributed a thing and expects to win the game without ever making a single substantive post. I still think she's a baddie who has figured out how this site works.
Management
Celeste
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Celeste »

Sarah Good, if you had voted, who would you have voted for?
Chuck
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Chuck »

I did vote tho.
Chuck
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Chuck »

Malin Matsdotter wrote:
Wow indeed.

Now that I am not insane I can explain my vote. I thought Anne had been acting very baddie. She was completely silent and non-participatory until she started getting suspicion, then she was super-active and defensive, giving a lot of NO Us and quite a few arguments that made no sense. It smacked of desperation, and I really thought she was bad. She ended up being Slytherin, so I was pretty close, right? :P

I too have grave misgivings about the way Barbara and Jennet have been playing. It smells really fishy to just pop up out of nowhere, point to someone, shout "HER!" and then immediately cast votes. It feels manipulative and I don't like being manipulated. That being said, I have no real opinion of Karin and my vote was not about saving her, it was about voting my conscience as I have ALWAYS done this game and will continue to do. Sarah Good still hasn't contributed a thing and expects to win the game without ever making a single substantive post. I still think she's a baddie who has figured out how this site works.
What does that mean
Operator
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Operator »

Sarah Good wrote:
Malin Matsdotter wrote:
Wow indeed.

What does that mean
It means that you've learned that the easiest way to win as a baddie is to never say anything anyone can use to make a case on you.

Which is pretty weak, by the way.
Management
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Spooky Ghost »

Alizon Device wrote:I was wrong about Anne Whittle. I'm sorry Anne, and won't blame you if you hate me. :sigh: Like I said, I'm trying, and I still don't think Karin is bad.

No it doesn't.

Maybe because all the Anne voters, you know, WAITED to vote. Like I've been asking people to do (when we have 48 hours). Maybe they were willing to hear out what anybody else had to say. That's what I did. To be fair, I think you did also, although it's clear you could have waited a bit longer.

It's only a baddie save if Karin is a baddie, and sorry to the ressurectees, but I'm not convinced. I listen to cases, not smelly "Some of us have info."
Really? That's a lame excuse.
I waited until the last day of the poll to vote too. So did others.
Please point me to where they said, "Some of us have info". Please also remind me who suggested we look at what Agnes said about Sarah Good, which was WAY more vague and less specific than what we have seen from Jennet and Barbra. If I'm not mistaken (and I could be), it was you and Malin, was it not? I think you're upset that things didn't go the way you wanted them to with your prize.
Malin Matsdotter wrote:
Wow indeed.

Why are Slytherins bad?
Chuck
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Chuck »

Malin Matsdotter wrote:
Sarah Good wrote:
Malin Matsdotter wrote:
Wow indeed.

What does that mean
It means that you've learned that the easiest way to win as a baddie is to never say anything anyone can use to make a case on you.

Which is pretty weak, by the way.

Or.. and stay with me on this one:

I'm not bad.
Perd Hapley
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 19

Post by Perd Hapley »

Wow, most obvious baddie team ever?

Seriously, guys. Games aren't as fun for me when you don't even try to be slick. :offtobed:
Chuck
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Chuck »

Alice Nutter wrote:Wow, most obvious baddie team ever?

Seriously, guys. Games aren't as fun for me when you don't even try to be slick. :offtobed:
Who?
Celeste
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Celeste »

Sarah Good wrote:
Alice Nutter wrote:Wow, most obvious baddie team ever?

Who?
Who?

Ben Linus
Mouthpiece of Jacob

Post by Ben Linus »

Alizon Device wrote:I was wrong about Anne Whittle. I'm sorry Anne, and won't blame you if you hate me. :sigh: Like I said, I'm trying, and I still don't think Karin is bad.
Alice Nutter (9)
7%

Karin Svensdotter
33%

Anne Whittle
33%

No it doesn't.

Aside from you Alizon, not a single person offered any sort of reason for their vote of Anne, though I don't blame Karin since it was self-preservation. Based on where we're at in the game, and the fact that Anne racked up 5 votes late in the day after being down to Karin 5-0, there is something far "smellier" about that lynch than what I have stated so far in this game. At least one of those five witches is a Death Eater, and if you're going to dispute that with me then you're loonier than Luna. Today's lynch was a waste (you apologized, so must understand this as well), and I say this because even though we don't know Crabbe's alignment, he is a student, and this post clears him as a probable civilian.
Paul Stevens
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 30

Post by Paul Stevens »

Great game Lizzy and A Person! I had a lot of fun.

see I told you Alizon sometimes people are just busy. I hope you remember this in future games. Still I had fun discussing with you.
Operator
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Operator »

Märet Jonsdotter wrote: Why are Slytherins bad?
Read the books, watch the movies and pay attention to my smilies, which indicate that I was being less than serious.
Management
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

Jennet Bierley wrote:
Alice Nutter (9)
7%

Karin Svensdotter
33%

Anne Whittle
33%

No it doesn't.

Aside from you Alizon, not a single person offered any sort of reason for their vote of Anne, though I don't blame Karin since it was self-preservation. Based on where we're at in the game, and the fact that Anne racked up 5 votes late in the day after being down to Karin 5-0, there is something far "smellier" about that lynch than what I have stated so far in this game. At least one of those five witches is a Death Eater, and if you're going to dispute that with me then you're loonier than Luna. Today's lynch was a waste (you apologized, so must understand this as well), and I say this because even though we don't know Crabbe's alignment, he is a student, and this post clears him as a probable civilian.
Your first sentence isn't true.

Katherina said why she voted.

Malin was insane, but came back after the lynch to explain his vote.

Jane did not add anything at the hour of her vote, but she had plenty to say before. It sounded to me like she voted more because she didn't like the Karin lynch.
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

Märet Jonsdotter wrote:

No it doesn't.

Really? That's a lame excuse.
I waited until the last day of the poll to vote too. So did others.
Please point me to where they said, "Some of us have info". Please also remind me who suggested we look at what Agnes said about Sarah Good, which was WAY more vague and less specific than what we have seen from Jennet and Barbra. If I'm not mistaken (and I could be), it was you and Malin, was it not? I think you're upset that things didn't go the way you wanted them to with your prize.
It's only as lame as your claim that this looks like a "classic baddie save," which is nothing more than begging the question. Try assuming that Karin is good. What does the poll look like to you then?

I acknowledged that you waited longer than others. But people just voting hours after the poll goes up sucks. It puts pressure on people to vote to save rather than vote to lynch. If someone votes without hearing what others have to say, why should others give that person the courtesy of listening to them? Know what I mean?

Jennet said "Some of us may know some things." Not the exact same words, I'll grant, but that's the meaning I took from it.

More on Agnes to follow.
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Spooky Ghost »

Malin Matsdotter wrote:
Märet Jonsdotter wrote: Why are Slytherins bad?
Read the books, watch the movies and pay attention to my smilies, which indicate that I was being less than serious.
Nah.
You're trying to cast doubt on a civvie lunch.

Alizon, why didn't you assume that Anne was civvie? Why do I have to assume that Karin is civvie? You know what this lunch looks like when you KNOW (read: not assume) that Anne was civvie). We do know that.
But hey, anyone who disagrees with you is clearly not thinking straight
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

RIP Anne W. Sorry :(
Alizon Device wrote:Your first sentence isn't true.

Jane did not add anything at the hour of her vote, but she had plenty to say before. It sounded to me like she voted more because she didn't like the Karin lynch.
I was about to say something similar to this. Katharina explained her vote (making a lot of points I ended up agreeing with) and Malin tried to (and later did). And did Jennet explain her vote before she cast it?

I thought Alizon made solid points to refute the case against Karin (also in this post). No one wanted to actually discuss Karin yesterday, they just wanted to make a weak case and then scold anyone who didn't immediately agree with it. I expressed doubts about how Barbara and Jennet approached their case and in return I was scolded by Anne Whittle. Anne tried to paint everyone who disagreed as a baddie, even when her accusations contradicted each other (like how she said Alizon's alignment would be obvious but then said Alizon had to be bad no matter what happened to Karin?) Whittle followed the vote for Karin with almost no hesitation and then branded everyone who didn't do the same as baddies, even when it contradicted her own thoughts. Whittle was against free thought, she was harsh to everyone who disagreed with her and so I found myself in agreement with the points brought up about her. I'm sorry that I was wrong but to me there was more to go on with Anne Whittle while the case on Karin was almost nonexistent and felt extremely manipulative.
A Person
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 43

Post by A Person »

A Proposal to All Current Players
How many of you would be willing to go to 24 hour days? We think it would work better with the current number of players, but we're not sure if it would suite your schedules. Please leave your response in thread (or else ;))
Operator
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Operator »

A Person wrote:A Proposal to All Current Players
How many of you would be willing to go to 24 hour days? We think it would work better with the current number of players, but we're not sure if it would suite your schedules. Please leave your response in thread (or else ;))
I am willing if Alizon is willing.
Management
Jack Shephard
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Jack Shephard »

With people voting mad early, I'd be shocked if you received any objections. :smile:

I would prefer 24 hour days.
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Spooky Ghost »

Jane Southworth wrote:RIP Anne W. Sorry :(
Alizon Device wrote:Your first sentence isn't true.

I was about to say something similar to this. Katharina explained her vote (making a lot of points I ended up agreeing with) and Malin tried to (and later did). And did Jennet explain her vote before she cast it?

I thought Alizon made solid points to refute the case against Karin (also in this post). No one wanted to actually discuss Karin yesterday, they just wanted to make a weak case and then scold anyone who didn't immediately agree with it. I expressed doubts about how Barbara and Jennet approached their case and in return I was scolded by Anne Whittle. Anne tried to paint everyone who disagreed as a baddie, even when her accusations contradicted each other (like how she said Alizon's alignment would be obvious but then said Alizon had to be bad no matter what happened to Karin?) Whittle followed the vote for Karin with almost no hesitation and then branded everyone who didn't do the same as baddies, even when it contradicted her own thoughts. Whittle was against free thought, she was harsh to everyone who disagreed with her and so I found myself in agreement with the points brought up about her. I'm sorry that I was wrong but to me there was more to go on with Anne Whittle while the case on Karin was almost nonexistent and felt extremely manipulative.
Do you feel that I was part of this "weak" and "manipulative" case?
Alizon Device wrote:
With people voting mad early, I'd be shocked if you received any objections. :smile:

I would prefer 24 hour days.
Please remind me how many people voted early.
Phoebe Buffay
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Phoebe Buffay »

Personally I don't like the idea of 24 hour days because it means less discussion. 48 hours gives everyone the chance to read and respond. There are already players who don't check in during the first 24 hours of lynches. I'd like us to have more time to talk tomorrow especially since we're a little lost at the moment :-/

But I would be willing if the majority opinion is to switch to shorter days. I just don't see the benefit of having less time to talk through our suspicions.

Linki: No Maret, I do not.
Chuck
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Chuck »

24 hour days sounds ok.
Spooky Ghost
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Spooky Ghost »

Jane Southworth wrote:Personally I don't like the idea of 24 hour days because it means less discussion. 48 hours gives everyone the chance to read and respond. There are already players who don't check in during the first 24 hours of lynches. I'd like us to have more time to talk tomorrow especially since we're a little lost at the moment :-/

But I would be willing if the majority opinion is to switch to shorter days. I just don't see the benefit of having less time to talk through our suspicions.

Linki: No Maret, I do not.
I was wondering. . .

Thanks.

And I would prefer longer days. :)

Return to “Previous Jobs”