Moderator: Community Team

Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 379
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Re: [Day 1] GY!BE Mafia

Post by Marmot »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Marmot, I'm still not clear on one detail from Day 1.
Metalmarsh89 wrote:My first ping of the day.

Timmer hadn't posted for about 24 hours

Boomslang asks timmer a question.

Timmer posts a mere 10 minutes later.

Unvote whoever I voted (on my phone, can't remember)

Vote Boomslang for now.
What led to your initially voting Boomslang instead of timmer in this moment?
I don't remember. I know I was phone-posting, so I may have had not have been focused entirely on the game.

Banners and Stuff
Spoiler: show
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 589
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:I don't remember. I know I was phone-posting, so I may have had not have been focused entirely on the game.
You were focused enough to make that specific observation about the timing of timmer's post relative to Boomslang's question. You can't recall anything about why your brain spat out a Boomslang vote after making that observation?
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 197

Re: [Day 3] GY!BE Mafia

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Fine. :meany:

The only player on the roster I think would fail to send a kill is A Person, and I'm not even sure he would. I think it's more likely something else happened.
I agree. There's not enough low posters in this game to make me entertain the possibility of the mafia failing to send their kill in.
Marmot
Marmot

Re: [Night 2] GY!BE Mafia

Post by Marmot »

birdwithteeth11 wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
timmer wrote:Wow, of all the days for me to be screwed by traveling.

So... two theories.

One, my Sig hunch from Day 0/1 may be true. His late actions were scummy as hell.

Two, MM is bad and we may have a vote forcer. This is a big hunch, but there is something so freaking odd about Boomslang's vote on me. It makes no sense. But we have bad guys whose role secrets are unknown. And MM introduced a VERY bizarre notion about me being bad simply because I showed up and posted when I did. I could TOTALLY see him, having introduced this nutty idea about me and Boomslang being bad because of when I posted so that he could then dick us around by forcing Boomslang to vote for me. MM would do this.

For now, I'm needing to look more into sig as I don't like how this ended. Also at the rest of the Boomslang voters, as his vote to me doesn't sound like a real baddie slip-up.

But MM? I got my :eye: on you, broth. Discuss ;)
You're absolutely right! I would do that. :shifty:

But that's the thing, I can and will do almost anything in a mafia game, and additionally will admit to the possibility of doing anything. Sooo, I don't see how this helps your argument. :grin:

Anyway, I've changed my mind on Boomslang for now. A vote forcer is a possibility, but that wouldn't impact my read on Boomslang.
I don't disagree with your notion here. But do you see how your vote for timmer makes you look scummy?

What would you say your read is on Boomslang now?
No I don't. And I didn't change my vote with scuminess in mind, I changed it because I liked Golden's logic.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:I don't remember. I know I was phone-posting, so I may have had not have been focused entirely on the game.
You were focused enough to make that specific observation about the timing of timmer's post relative to Boomslang's question. You can't recall anything about why your brain spat out a Boomslang vote after making that observation?
Not really no.

Aside from at that moment thinking they were both mafia, and voting for one of them.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

birdwithteeth11 wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Fine. :meany:

The only player on the roster I think would fail to send a kill is A Person, and I'm not even sure he would. I think it's more likely something else happened.
I agree. There's not enough low posters in this game to make me entertain the possibility of the mafia failing to send their kill in.
And there are roleblockers (albeit one of them is dead).

There's too much all-around activity this game for me to think that a missed kill happened last night.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Sloonei wrote:
birdwithteeth11 wrote:
Sloonei wrote:I probably would have been on the Wilgy train, but I am also compelled by what I've seen said about Boomslang. I do not get his thought process RE: timmer, and I've still seen nothing from timmer that merits serious suspicion.
Yeah, I really want to hear more from Boomslang. Because I'm starting to wonder if we didn't see a Boom save with this lynch. Plus I would like to give him a chance to respond to what has actually happened.

RIP Wilgy.
I'd like to hear more about this, BWT.
I entertained that thought because I thought Boom was bad at the time. But he has since come back and offered up a much more reasonable explanation as to what happened with his Day 2 vote. So I no longer believe this was a possible outcome from the previous lynch.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 326

Post by Epignosis »

Rockets Fall on Rocket Falls Once in the game, can drop a rocket that will block all actions throughout that phase.
Two Bits Says That Happened
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

timmer wrote:Reading BWT, I found some weirdness.

MM posts this at 12:12 my time:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Boomslang wrote:Linki: Casual glance at timmer reads authentic to me as well. The "also" and "also also" construction in his post is more casual than a baddie might use when discussing the finer points of strategy.
Boomslang wrote:Been out all Saturday. Alas. But the thing that pinged me most all day was MM jumping down my/timmer's throat for a timing thing that would've been way too clumsy for baddie move. Voting there.
Boomslang wrote:RIP, INH. Honestly, I hadn't spent much time looking at you or your case. I apologize for not further substantiating my thoughts on MM, but JJJ's explanation is pretty much my train of thought. Using a weak, time-based rationale that would've made the most sense for a timmer vote to vote me. I'll have to look at MM more closely in the next day phase.
Boomslang wrote:Arrrgh, I thought I could catch up tonight. Making a long story short, I have a surprise job interview in middle-of-nowhere North Carolina that will eat up the rest of my day/early evening. Gonna vote Timmer because I disagree with the main wagons and think it would at least yield info on MM. I know this is a drive-by, but I don't have time for more.
I'm more than happy to lynch Boomslang.
just under 2 hours later, MM reiterates the thought with an added comment at the bottom:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:I have to leave to take a final, but do you guys need any more than this?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Boomslang wrote:Linki: Casual glance at timmer reads authentic to me as well. The "also" and "also also" construction in his post is more casual than a baddie might use when discussing the finer points of strategy.
Boomslang wrote:Been out all Saturday. Alas. But the thing that pinged me most all day was MM jumping down my/timmer's throat for a timing thing that would've been way too clumsy for baddie move. Voting there.
Boomslang wrote:RIP, INH. Honestly, I hadn't spent much time looking at you or your case. I apologize for not further substantiating my thoughts on MM, but JJJ's explanation is pretty much my train of thought. Using a weak, time-based rationale that would've made the most sense for a timmer vote to vote me. I'll have to look at MM more closely in the next day phase.
Boomslang wrote:Arrrgh, I thought I could catch up tonight. Making a long story short, I have a surprise job interview in middle-of-nowhere North Carolina that will eat up the rest of my day/early evening. Gonna vote Timmer because I disagree with the main wagons and think it would at least yield info on MM. I know this is a drive-by, but I don't have time for more.
He read timmer as town yesterday and voted for me. Then today he voted for timmer, with the hope of getting information about me.

Jay can't talk, but he can pull quotes with the best of them.
Then BWT gets into the thread and, from what I can tell, catches up from where he left off, as he's commenting on events in chronological order. He then gets to where Boomslang voted for me. He ALSO cuts and pastes the same groups of posts that JJJ had posted, just like MM, and agrees with MM in voting for Boomslang:

(This is at 2:53 my time)
birdwithteeth11 wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Very interesting...very interesting indeed.

Boomslang
But then... here is our WTF moment. One lone minute later, at 2:54 he then links to MM's own cut and paste of the same quotes, and questions him on it...
birdwithteeth11 wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Ummmm...why?
So BWT comes in, catches up, finds Boomslang scummy enough to vote for him. but then one minute later calls MM out for doing the same thing??? This makes no sense.
I gave justification and a reason as to why I voted for Boomslang (he had done nothing but suggest he thought you were good, and then turns around and votes for you). MM just moved his vote to Boomslang (and off of you subsequently) with no justification why and in a very out-of-the-blue way.

I'm still convinced MM was trying to discredit with his vote.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Metalmarsh89 wrote:Alright, I'll drop the timmer thing. I'm probably wrong about it.

I need a strong scumread though. Who's it?
Good. Because you probably are. :P

Idk. You posted a list awhile back. Is that list still relatively intact in terms of how you'd rank people or not? And would you add/move anyone else not mentioned before around?
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Regarding timmer's beefs with BWT:

I'm reading this similarly to the Boomslang controversy of Day 2. It looks like an inconsistency or a logical error so careless that I feel like I have to invoke WIFOM. The passage of one minute between his support of my collected quotes/his Boomslang vote and his questioning of Marmot for doing the same would represent a rather nonsense mistake for a mafioso. Did he forget his own vote or what he was doing in the space of one minute? Does anyone make that error as a baddie?

BWT, please explain your intentions when you questioned Marmot for his Boomslang vote after you'd placed your own.
I believe I just did this a few minutes ago. That pretty much covers the full extent of my intentions. I thought I gave a reasonable explanation as to why I was voting for Boomslang and did not think MM did.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Epignosis wrote:
Rockets Fall on Rocket Falls Once in the game, can drop a rocket that will block all actions throughout that phase.
Two Bits Says That Happened
I don't see any cursed players yet, so this is very plausible.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

birdwithteeth11 wrote:

I'm reading this similarly to the Boomslang controversy of Day 2. It looks like an inconsistency or a logical error so careless that I feel like I have to invoke WIFOM. The passage of one minute between his support of my collected quotes/his Boomslang vote and his questioning of Marmot for doing the same would represent a rather nonsense mistake for a mafioso. Did he forget his own vote or what he was doing in the space of one minute? Does anyone make that error as a baddie?

BWT, please explain your intentions when you questioned Marmot for his Boomslang vote after you'd placed your own.
I believe I just did this a few minutes ago. That pretty much covers the full extent of my intentions. I thought I gave a reasonable explanation as to why I was voting for Boomslang and did not think MM did.
Why'd you follow my vote then?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 84
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

I'll respond in greater length to JJJ later, but one quick point before I need to run. Yes, my strategy as a civ is different this game than it was in Mad Max--in that game, we were playing with a mafia team and no other baddies. In this game, there is a serial killer and an unknown player. So, the strategy is entirely different in terms of not helping baddies. In that game, the baddies knew that anyone not on their team was civ. That's not the case here. There's a difference in how I play in different set ups, that difference in particular.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
birdwithteeth11 wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
timmer wrote:Wow, of all the days for me to be screwed by traveling.

So... two theories.

One, my Sig hunch from Day 0/1 may be true. His late actions were scummy as hell.

Two, MM is bad and we may have a vote forcer. This is a big hunch, but there is something so freaking odd about Boomslang's vote on me. It makes no sense. But we have bad guys whose role secrets are unknown. And MM introduced a VERY bizarre notion about me being bad simply because I showed up and posted when I did. I could TOTALLY see him, having introduced this nutty idea about me and Boomslang being bad because of when I posted so that he could then dick us around by forcing Boomslang to vote for me. MM would do this.

For now, I'm needing to look more into sig as I don't like how this ended. Also at the rest of the Boomslang voters, as his vote to me doesn't sound like a real baddie slip-up.

But MM? I got my :eye: on you, broth. Discuss ;)
You're absolutely right! I would do that. :shifty:

But that's the thing, I can and will do almost anything in a mafia game, and additionally will admit to the possibility of doing anything. Sooo, I don't see how this helps your argument. :grin:

Anyway, I've changed my mind on Boomslang for now. A vote forcer is a possibility, but that wouldn't impact my read on Boomslang.
I don't disagree with your notion here. But do you see how your vote for timmer makes you look scummy?

What would you say your read is on Boomslang now?
No I don't. And I didn't change my vote with scuminess in mind, I changed it because I liked Golden's logic.
I was reading timmer as civ because of the content of his posts up to that point and I agreed with his logic. So I guess we have to agree to disagree on our logical paths.

So Golden's logic was the reason you switched your vote.
Golden wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
My Sweetest Friend
Was it this post that was why? Or did I miss it?
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
birdwithteeth11 wrote:

Why'd you follow my vote then?
I didn't. I voted for Boomslang before you I thought.

Regardless, I stated my reason multiple times now why I voted for Boomslang. And why I had an issue with the way you voted for him. I'm starting to feel like I'm beating a dead horse here.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

You have me confused BWT.

On Day 1, I voted Boomslang, then switched to timmer.

On Day 2, I voted timmer, then switched to Boomslang.

On Day 1, I voted Boomslang for the timing thing I pointed out between him and timmer, and Golden pointed out it makes more sense to vote for timmer (so I did).

On Day 2, I voted timmer, but Boomslang placed a vote for timmer that didn't make a lot of sense, so I switched my vote to him.

Which of these vote switches are you asking about?

Linki: Nope, you voted after myself and trice.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Oops, it was Dom and Jay, not Golden who convinced me.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 141
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

Moving my vote back to LoRab, for real this time, because I share all the beefs Jay outlined here. I like all of these points and want LoRab to respond to the post in full, but the point I am getting most hung up on is the difference between GY!BE LoRab and Mad Max LoRab:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
LoRab wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
LoRab wrote:Frig. Totally thought the vote ended tomorrow. I seriously need to get my head in this game. Also frig to the result. Didn't really get the INH case, and probably woudn't have voted there (especially after being so wrong about him last game)--not a judgement necessarily against those who voted him, just my own opinion of him. He's an easy false case. So, yeah. Meh.
In case I'm about to end up dead, I want to clarify why I've been intermittently grilling LoRab tonight. The first couple sentences (underlined) suggest to me that she is not caught up or fully involved in this game, but then in the middle portion (italics) she condemns the case against INH as one she would not have supported.

By no means is it impossible for her to have enough of a footing in this game to have gathered some understanding of the reasons people gave to vote for INH, but the contrast from "I am out of the loop" to "that was a bad lynch which I would not have participated in" was something that stood out to me.
You could have just asked.

I got online. I realized I missed the vote. I read all the posts since my last post. I posted. Yes, I'm still getting into the game and I still never read those 5 pages from the other day. But I read from yesterday which had I had stuff that I had an opinion on while I was reading it and then saw the lunch result when I got to it.

I think you are trying to see my posts through a false lens. I am not bad. I just am not entirely into the game yet. I have a few opinions, but I'm still getting there.

I shared one opinion and you apparently suspect me for it. So, what's my motivation to tell you more opinions exactly?

Also, my other opinions are of folks who I feel are probably civ and I don't psrtocularly want to help the mafia by sharing that. I don't have any glaring suspicions st this point. I want to reread inh's suspects.
Yellow: This just pings me a bit at face value. It's a sharper sort of retort than I think Sloonei's comments warranted.

Orange: This may just be a strategic disagreement, but I don't understand the mindset behind it. I also don't recall LoRab declining to state civilian reads in her most recent civilian game (Mad Max).
That has been my thought exactly in my back-and-forths with LoRab in this game, but I have been hesitant to lean definitively one way or the other because this game is different from Mad Max. In that game, all townies could win regardless of whether or not they lived to the end we had little to no role secrets. Players could be as free and open as they wanted to be. That is not the case here.
Still, what I am seeing in this game is a LoRab who is making a concerted effort to not share reads. That is not something that will ever be a town-tell in my book. I went back to Mad Max to make sure I wasn't misremembering, and I am not. I peppered her with the exact same type of question as I have here and in that game she gave me plenty of juicy substance in response. Here she's just kind of said "whatever, I have no reads and I don't care if that makes me hard to read." I'm all for townies trying to win the game by playing to their win conditions, but that means nothing if we're not also trying to catch bad guys.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Golden wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:what moved you to participate in that wagon in the end? Your own feelings on Wilgy or the quotes I pulled trying to show my own suspicions? Something else?
I was moved by epi's effort at PoE. If he is putting in that effort, the least I can do is work with it to find a consensus target. The fact Wilgy crystallised as that target, from my perspective, was probably mostly based in your quotes (which actually read like a compelling case to me).

Someone else asked why you, MP and I have ended up in the same place twice. I think part of it is a drive for a semblance of consensus as we have developed our play styles to think that way. I am rarely happy to end with my vote somewhere meaningless even if that person is my biggest suspect (the only exception I can think of is where I actively disagree with all of the viable options and don't have a preference of one over another).
That was me.

I put it up for discussion, because the three of you have agreed a lot, disagree little, and we have two dead civilians to show for it.

How do you feel about Jay and MP?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Metalmarsh89 wrote:You have me confused BWT.

On Day 1, I voted Boomslang, then switched to timmer.

On Day 2, I voted timmer, then switched to Boomslang.

On Day 1, I voted Boomslang for the timing thing I pointed out between him and timmer, and Golden pointed out it makes more sense to vote for timmer (so I did).

On Day 2, I voted timmer, but Boomslang placed a vote for timmer that didn't make a lot of sense, so I switched my vote to him.

Which of these vote switches are you asking about?

Linki: Nope, you voted after myself and trice.
The bolded one. I mean, I agree that his vote didn't make a lot of sense, which is why I voted for Boomslang at the time. I don't remember you stating specifically at the time why you were voting for Boomslang though.

Okay then I was confused about the timeline of events then. But I still thought your lack of explanation was odd. If I did miss it during Day 2, then feel free to point it out.

Linki: To be honest, Lorab is someone I need to go back and re-read. Am not reading her at all currently.

I may use today to read up on people I don't feel strongly about either way yet. Because I feel like I need new perspective right now.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Metalmarsh89 wrote:Oops, it was Dom and Jay, not Golden who convinced me.
Okay, so there was in fact a timing thing that perked your ears up at timmer.

I guess I didn't see that and was just going by his content. But then again, I'm more of a content guy than a timing guy. :srsnod:

Do you still feel the same way about timmer or not?
timmer
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 162

Post by timmer »

I just reread LoRab while on break... she's a solid player and could easily be bad in this game, but I'm not seeing enough in her posts to vote her way at this time. Maybe it's because I'm frequently one of the "sorry, I'm really busy, trying to catch up" type players, but I read LoRab's explanations for skimming a few pages and having feelings about certain players but not taking the time to fully post about them as genuine. And really, is there any difference between the players who vocally said they thought POE was dumb, and LoRab who has just more quietly chosen to not say who she thinks is civ?
My siggie.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

@BWT, thanks for explaining your posts from yesterday, I guess I can see how that makes sense. It's possible to simultaneously agree with a case, and suspect someone for being on the very same case, it just tends to look weird, especially when the two posts were one minute apart!
My siggie.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

timmer wrote:@BWT, thanks for explaining your posts from yesterday, I guess I can see how that makes sense. It's possible to simultaneously agree with a case, and suspect someone for being on the very same case, it just tends to look weird, especially when the two posts were one minute apart!
Well, as I've said before (and you pointed out in one of your posts), I tend to catch up by just commenting chronologically on stuff as I go along. I refer to it as "stream-of-consciousness posting" for that reason. Hence why I can sometimes have posts that are back-to-back like that that don't make a whole lot of sense without more context being provided. So hopefully that cleared my feelings up for you!
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Alright. I have errands to run and stuff to do. I will be back late afternoon/early evening to do a re-read of Lorab.
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 219

Post by Golden »

LoRab's reply to my cursing was meant in fun. I don't see anything suspicious about that.

In fact, Jay, I don't think your case on LoRab has much substance that I can agree with. Most of it just feels like standard LoRab to me.

The one point that does interest me, though, was her view on giving civilian reads. This also made me think 'standard LoRab', because it was pretty much the norm on STV and RM where we grew up. But if you legitimately have a recent counter-case, that would be interesting.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Sloonei wrote:Still, what I am seeing in this game is a LoRab who is making a concerted effort to not share reads. That is not something that will ever be a town-tell in my book. I went back to Mad Max to make sure I wasn't misremembering, and I am not. I peppered her with the exact same type of question as I have here and in that game she gave me plenty of juicy substance in response. Here she's just kind of said "whatever, I have no reads and I don't care if that makes me hard to read." I'm all for townies trying to win the game by playing to their win conditions, but that means nothing if we're not also trying to catch bad guys.
OK, this is very interesting, and I want to see LoRab's response to it.
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 156

Post by Dom »

timmer wrote:Reading BWT, I found some weirdness.

MM posts this at 12:12 my time:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
just under 2 hours later, MM reiterates the thought with an added comment at the bottom:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:I have to leave to take a final, but do you guys need any more than this?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
He read timmer as town yesterday and voted for me. Then today he voted for timmer, with the hope of getting information about me.

Jay can't talk, but he can pull quotes with the best of them.
Then BWT gets into the thread and, from what I can tell, catches up from where he left off, as he's commenting on events in chronological order. He then gets to where Boomslang voted for me. He ALSO cuts and pastes the same groups of posts that JJJ had posted, just like MM, and agrees with MM in voting for Boomslang:

(This is at 2:53 my time)
birdwithteeth11 wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Very interesting...very interesting indeed.

Boomslang
But then... here is our WTF moment. One lone minute later, at 2:54 he then links to MM's own cut and paste of the same quotes, and questions him on it...
birdwithteeth11 wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Ummmm...why?
So BWT comes in, catches up, finds Boomslang scummy enough to vote for him. but then one minute later calls MM out for doing the same thing??? This makes no sense.
I think BWT explained himself somewhat adequately, but I want to know who he would advocate a lynch of besides himself :p

Why are you invoking WIFOM?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Golden wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:what moved you to participate in that wagon in the end? Your own feelings on Wilgy or the quotes I pulled trying to show my own suspicions? Something else?
I was moved by epi's effort at PoE. If he is putting in that effort, the least I can do is work with it to find a consensus target. The fact Wilgy crystallised as that target, from my perspective, was probably mostly based in your quotes (which actually read like a compelling case to me).

Someone else asked why you, MP and I have ended up in the same place twice. I think part of it is a drive for a semblance of consensus as we have developed our play styles to think that way. I am rarely happy to end with my vote somewhere meaningless even if that person is my biggest suspect (the only exception I can think of is where I actively disagree with all of the viable options and don't have a preference of one over another).
That was me.

I put it up for discussion, because the three of you have agreed a lot, disagree little, and we have two dead civilians to show for it.

How do you feel about Jay and MP?
They are both town reads, but not my strongest town reads. MP is a stronger read than Jay.

Yesterday, from AP to Epi to boomslang to Wilgy, it did feel a little like my vote was being followed around. It made me tinfoil and I didn't overly like it. But, having said that... me, MP and Jay agree a lot and disagree little most of the time, and that's because we see the world through very similar eyes.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

LoRab wrote:I'll respond in greater length to JJJ later, but one quick point before I need to run. Yes, my strategy as a civ is different this game than it was in Mad Max--in that game, we were playing with a mafia team and no other baddies. In this game, there is a serial killer and an unknown player. So, the strategy is entirely different in terms of not helping baddies. In that game, the baddies knew that anyone not on their team was civ. That's not the case here. There's a difference in how I play in different set ups, that difference in particular.
Somehow I missed this. I still want to see the 'greater length' answer.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

So that we have a reference from Mad Max, I've pulled out a couple LoRab posts from that game that I think highlight the differences between here and there. Before I get into this, I want to reiterate that Mad Max and GY!BE have two totally different setups, so it's not unreasonable to think that Townie LoRab would behave differently in both games. That being said, her behavior is worth looking into, and I'm doing this just so others can judge it in their own light.

LoRab posts in Mad Max: Post 1, Post 2

Snippet from Post 1:
LoRab wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
LoRab wrote:
Sloonei wrote:Do you have a take on the whole Rico/Mac affair?
Pissing contest.
Do you read them as town/town?
I don't have a read on either, and this hasn't given me a read on either. They are both neutral at this point.
Sloonei wrote:I am pinged by LoRab's decision not to offer a read on anything.
I don't have any strong opinions. I think the pissing contest has drawn a neutral read. I think JJJ is vaguely pingy. I don't have other thoughts. And, seriously, I have just gotten through one of the most challenging weeks of my life. There are maybe 2 other times in my life that I've been as emotionally exhausted as I am right now. I don't particularly want to go into more detail, but I will if I need to. Those that are friends with me on fb can attest to the fact that I'm having a really, really crappy week. And those that have been playing with me for nearly a decade know that I don't play the emotion card except when I'm really in a bad place.

Processing mafia reads is using a really minimal level of brain wavelength because that's all I have to give right now. If that makes me suspicious, so be it.
She doesn't give much in the way of strong reads, but she does at least make direct and specific references to events in the thread and offers comments on them, even if they amount to nothing more than Neutral reads in her book. That is good, substantive posting which I appreciated. Same thing in Post 2:
LoRab wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:Glad Epi is dead. I was gut feeling him as bad and this makes my life easier.

Someone tl;dr me for day/night 1.
So, a civ is very likely dead and you are glad about it? Hrm.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
LoRab wrote:You didn't explicitly accuse him, true. But you implied suspicion. And to say, yeah--i didn't really suspect him, and he was just frustrating, quite honestly, doesn't make you look all that good.
So you believe they spent Night 1 accusing Epignosis and then killed him? What's the objective?
Shits and giggles? So that we'll all wonder why Epi? WIFOM? Quite honestly, I brought it up as a question to see what their current thoughts were and how they had changed with Epi's death. INH's response seemed defensive, when I hadn't raised suspicion. And to say that Epi was just frustrating in life and in death didn't ring true.
Sloonei wrote:
LoRab wrote:Curious to see what Zebra and INH have to say now that Epi was killed by mafia. And highly unlikely, in a speed game, that mafia would kill one of their own night 1. So....wanting responses there.
I am still curious what you have to say about all of the proceedings from Day 1. What's your take on things? You asked a few questions during the latter half of the day, but never gave any indication as to where you were leaning, then missed the vote. What were your thoughts as Day 1 was unfolding?
I still read the Rico/Mac thing as neutral on both sides. I neither suspect nor think eithe civ as a result. I did think Scotty was civ, but wasn't around to post about it. Quite honestly, I'm not sure where I would have voted. My brain was also in a fog at the time, so I need to reread day 1 in order to have more thoughts on it.
Sloonei wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:DrWilgy, do you have any other gut and/or vibe-based reads you would like to share?
The only other player that I have thought about is Sprityo, whom I gut read as bad.

I like your analysis of Rico. I'd like an answer from Rico as to why he thought to interject here. Not sure if this has been explained yet or not, but I'm not willing to go back and check.

Zebra, how would you respond to me voting Rico right now?

Sloonei, mind telling me the exchange that interested you most?
Elohcin's response to Neil Hartley early in the game is something I've been getting hung up on. Something about it strikes me as a feigned effort to appear confused for the sake of casting speculation. I am wary of people who latch onto roleplay as a basis for suspicion early on. LoRab did the same thing, if I remember correctly. I suppose those are the two that I'm thinking about most at the moment, but it's been a slow start for me and I'm still not out of the preliminary reads stage of the process.
Role playing in games always pings me. I wasn't latching onto it, merely mentioning it as a ping. I realize that it doesn't ping everyone, but it does me and always has. It's an easy thing to hide behind. We all read into posts differently and find different things suspicious. That's something that sets off my suspiciometer. Not sure how that makes me suspicious, but I'm not going to change my game because things I do make people suspect me. If that were my nature, I'd play entirely differently, lol (but it wouldn't be me and it wouldn't be fun). Would you rather I not mention things that I notice in the thread? And, for the record, I'm not suspecting JJJ at the moment, as his posts have demonstrated him to be more than a facade.
Again, while she does not manufacture any strong reads early in the game (these posts are from Days 1 & 2 of Mad Max, I believe), she is forthcoming and honest with her thoughts. She lets us know where her head is at and what she's working on. Notice too the first segment of the above post, where she questions INH from a post he had made. I've not seen any direct questioning like that out of LoRab in this game.

Now compare that forthcomingness to her responses to similar questions in this game:
LoRab wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
LoRab wrote:Frig. Totally thought the vote ended tomorrow. I seriously need to get my head in this game. Also frig to the result. Didn't really get the INH case, and probably woudn't have voted there (especially after being so wrong about him last game)--not a judgement necessarily against those who voted him, just my own opinion of him. He's an easy false case. So, yeah. Meh.
In case I'm about to end up dead, I want to clarify why I've been intermittently grilling LoRab tonight. The first couple sentences (underlined) suggest to me that she is not caught up or fully involved in this game, but then in the middle portion (italics) she condemns the case against INH as one she would not have supported.

By no means is it impossible for her to have enough of a footing in this game to have gathered some understanding of the reasons people gave to vote for INH, but the contrast from "I am out of the loop" to "that was a bad lynch which I would not have participated in" was something that stood out to me.

I got online. I realized I missed the vote. I read all the posts since my last post. I posted. Yes, I'm still getting into the game and I still never read those 5 pages from the other day. But I read from yesterday which had I had stuff that I had an opinion on while I was reading it and then saw the lunch result when I got to it.

I think you are trying to see my posts through a false lens. I am not bad. I just am not entirely into the game yet. I have a few opinions, but I'm still getting there.

I shared one opinion and you apparently suspect me for it. So, what's my motivation to tell you more opinions exactly?

Also, my other opinions are of folks who I feel are probably civ and I don't psrtocularly want to help the mafia by sharing that. I don't have any glaring suspicions st this point. I want to reread inh's suspects.
LoRab wrote:
Sloonei wrote:If it's not clear, I was asking you to explain your read on INH because it was the only read you expressed in a post that otherwise claimed to be uninformed about the game. I wanted you to substantiate your claim that you disagreed with the case against INH, and simply saying that you "didn't find him suspicious" does not address my concerns.

Do you have no thoughts to offer at this time? I remember from Mad Max that you had more to say as we got later into the game, so I'm aware of your style, but anything you're able to share with us right now would be helpful in terms of both getting a more accurate read on you and furthering the general discussion.
No, it was clear. But it was after you had poked me for a while, and I lost motivation. And, please, show me where I said I was uninformed about the game? I said at one point I skipped 5 pages, but that didn't have to do with that post. So, please, where did I say I was uninformed (other than those pages, which were not directly attached to the lynch or my post lynch post)?

I have been offering thoughts as the game has gone on. If those thoughts aren't good enough for you, that's not my problem. I'm not going to change the way I play to please you. No, I don't have a lot of suspicions--I'm not going to make them up for the sake of stating suspicions. That's not how I roll.

I don't post things for the purpose of people being able to read me. If they can read me, that's fine. If they can't, then they can't. My primary purpose is figuring out the game. Not getting killed is also a goal, but honestly, it's not generally my primary focus. My primary focus is getting baddies figured out and getting them killed, and in order to do so, figuring out some of the game mechanics in order to figure out how to best make the game work.
Metalmarsh89 wrote:I also think LoRab is civ (and not just because she doesn't like it when people do that).
It's all good. I mean, when someone is being suspected, someone saying their thoughts is appreciated. And I don't fault people for saying I'm awesome. I mean civ. Saying I'm civ.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
LoRab wrote:Because his post pretty much said that he didn't suspect me, but wanted it to be known that he was voting for me. That reads as textbook forced vote to me. :shrug:
That's not how I read it, primarily because of the "but I took a step back" thing. I think that implies he felt whatever inspiration in the moment to indicate suspicion of you despite not having talked about it previously. Let's ask Montgomery himself:

Scotty, what is your current read on LoRab?
Fair enough. I can see where you got that--but it's not like he said that when he took a step back he thought I was suspicious--just that he would vote for me. But, yeah--an answer would be nice.
Thoughts, anyone?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Correction:
Notice too the first segment of the above post, where she questions INH from a post he had made.
She is questioning Wilgy, not INH. I'm getting my lynch victims from this game mixed up.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
A Person
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 6

Post by A Person »

hello mafia players!
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

A Person wrote:hello mafia players!
Hello. Do you have any thoughts on anything that is happening in this game right now?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Helloooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 84
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

Answers in some color or another.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Some beefs with LoRab:
She retroactively stated her disagreement with the INH wagon after his lynch was finalized. This on its own power isn't much of an issue, but the highlighted portion becomes more meaningful in the next quote I'll pull:
LoRab wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
LoRab wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
What did you dislike about the case?
I didn't think it was indicitive of a baddie INH? I'm not sure I understand what you're asking.
You said you would not have vote for him; why not?
Because I didn't think he seemed bad and I nothing that was said about him made me think he was bad. I don't remember the particular points, but as I read through them, they didn't convince me that he was bad. I also read them with the eye of thinking that he was a player who was easy for players to manipulate feelings against and make seem bad to be falsely lynched (see last game), so that probably colored my reading). But, basically, I didn't think he seemed bad, so I wouldn't have voted for him. What am I missing in your question?
The core message of both posts is that she didn't like the INH lynch. However, in the first post wasn't inclined to voice suspicion of any of the people who contributed to that lynch despite calling him an "easy false case". She builds on that in the second post by calling him a "player who was easy for players to manipulate feelings against and make seem bad to be falsely lynched". This language carries an implied accusation -- that she felt in the moment reading the INH cases that there was a chance someone was manipulating things against him. That would be cause for suspicion, but she declined to voice it before. In this post, she does voice it but without stating names. It allows this post to paint the entire INH wagon negatively without committing to a complete read.

First of all, I said I didn't necessarily judge those who voted for him, not that I didn't want to look at anyone who mentioned him. 2 diffrences there: 1 is the meaning of the word necessarily. The other is that bandwagons are often formed by baddies who do not vote for the victim of the bandwagon. So, while people that voted in one direction might not be getting my eye, those aren't necessarily the people that were doing the manipulating. Also, again, "necessarily." I haven't had time yet to read back on those posts, to see where I might find suspicion. So, yes, I don't have a complete read, but I'm leaving room for there to be more of a read in the future.
LoRab wrote:
Sloonei wrote:

Yellow: This just pings me a bit at face value. It's a sharper sort of retort than I think Sloonei's comments warranted.

Orange: This may just be a strategic disagreement, but I don't understand the mindset behind it. I also don't recall LoRab declining to state civilian reads in her most recent civilian game (Mad Max).

As I said before, Mad Max was a different set up. So, no, I didn't have a problem naming who I thought was civ in that game. In games where there are baddies outside of the mafia, I tend not to name who I think are civ unless I have reason to do so. And yes, my retort was sharp, but Sloonei's poking had been bothering me--it felt very passive aggressive and I don't respond well to that tactic in general. And to go from poking questions to dramatic In case I die I suspect LoRab suspicion I admit annoyed me. Especially remembering that it came from a player who also nearly got me lynched day 3 in Mad Max. So, yes, I was annoyed. I admit it. But that doesn't make me bad.
LoRab wrote:
Golden wrote:
LoRab wrote:So, what's my motivation to tell you more opinions exactly?
My empire of dirt
Golden wrote:You could have it all
Wow. You, uh, make it sound so compelling.

But, still...I don't really have any suspects. I don't really want to point out who I think is civ. I still need to read back on who was suspecting INH to see who in that pool seems suspish.

But that dirt....tell me more.
It was clear Golden's ability to communicate was limited, so I don't like the sarcasm here. You, uh, make it sound so compelling. As if he had any good way of being more thorough. This post also represents the first follow-up on the suspicion she only sort of voiced about the INH wagon, but still without getting somewhere. We'll see if it progressed.

I was in a goofy mood and was just having fun and being silly. Also, I was being somewhat oblivious and may not have fully realized he was insanified at the time (see later posts which verify this). Read: I was a little bit buzzed. Also, that isn't sarcasm--banter, yes--sarcasm, no.
LoRab wrote:
Scotty wrote:How many damned insaifiers we got in this game? If you count Epi's weird Swedish message he's done a few times, that's 3.

Too many secrets for my liking.

Also, I'm voting LoRab.

I know she hasn't been on my radar at all and I definitely haven't been talking about her, but I took a step back and want it to be known that I'm voting her.

LoRab
Ima take that as forced vote.

And It was Icelandic--in response to an earlier joke with I can't remember who. I originally thought it was a response to Vomp's death, but Google Translate told me the language, so I checked back. Also, only 1 post. So, not likely insanified.

Who is the third?
I've already talked about this. It just doesn't look to me like a civilian responding to an unexplained vote, even when there may be legitimate suspicion that the vote was forced. It was immediate apathetic acceptance.

I don't see it in any other way. He didn't even say he suspected me at all--then or any other time. And, it may not look like a civ responding to an unexplained vote to you, but it was exactly that. Sorry if my nonchalance bothers you.
LoRab wrote:
A Person wrote:
Scotty wrote:Thanks G.

As far as low posters go, A Person has only posted twice, but I must preface that I dot tag on low posters for not posting frequently, but for not posting quality posts.
A Person wrote:
Vompatti wrote:
Sloonei wrote:Over 1000 posts before Day 2. Way to go, team.
Would you believe me if I told you I wouldn't mind the mafia and/or serial killer killing all the high posters so the rest of us can keep up? :beer:
same tbh
This is his 4th of 4 posts. It was last night. It tells me he doesn't want to read the thread, and he doesn't really care what's going on. Civ behavior? I think not.
I don't have the time or energy to read all the nonsense people spew, a few well placed kills would improve the quality of the game.
This may be the least civie friendly thinking I've read in mafia. Either you're a civ who is saying that vocal players who are actively discussing the game should be killed (which isn't good for the civ cause) and are telling the mafia to kill active civs. Or you're mafia and doing the same thing. Also, if you're mafia, that was a phenomenally ironic kill.

But, please, can you explain a possible civ justification for this post? Because it's not making sense to me from a civ perspective.
LoRab's take on A Person's gripe about the most active players isn't my favorite thing. She called it maybe the "least civilian friendly thinking I've read in mafia" which would seem to be an accusation (confirmed further by the final sentence of the post), but her expansion on why she doesn't like it seems to go nowhere.

Either you're a civilian doing a silly thing or you're a mafia doing a silly thing.

She eventually placed her vote for A Person, meaning this ended up being her chief concern of Day 2.

Sorry you don't like it. Yes, it was suspcicion. And no, it's not a silly thing, either way. Either it's a civ not acting in the interests of the town. Or it's mafia, posting about whom mafia should kill--when in fact they are killing the opposite. I don't see it coming from a civ-friendly perspective, thus I find it suspicious. That is my chief concern, as it is the most suspicious thing I have seen this game, in my personal opinion.

From this point, her focus has been more about self-defense and answering prompts. I haven't seen follow-up on the INH wagon suspicions.
Sloonei wrote:Moving my vote back to LoRab, for real this time, because I share all the beefs Jay outlined here. I like all of these points and want LoRab to respond to the post in full, but the point I am getting most hung up on is the difference between GY!BE LoRab and Mad Max LoRab:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
LoRab wrote:
Sloonei wrote:

That has been my thought exactly in my back-and-forths with LoRab in this game, but I have been hesitant to lean definitively one way or the other because this game is different from Mad Max. In that game, all townies could win regardless of whether or not they lived to the end we had little to no role secrets. Players could be as free and open as they wanted to be. That is not the case here.
Still, what I am seeing in this game is a LoRab who is making a concerted effort to not share reads. That is not something that will ever be a town-tell in my book. I went back to Mad Max to make sure I wasn't misremembering, and I am not. I peppered her with the exact same type of question as I have here and in that game she gave me plenty of juicy substance in response. Here she's just kind of said "whatever, I have no reads and I don't care if that makes me hard to read." I'm all for townies trying to win the game by playing to their win conditions, but that means nothing if we're not also trying to catch bad guys.
I don't have many baddie reads, so I'm not sharing them, it's true. I suspect A Person, that's my 1 real read. And, as I have said, I don't like to share civ reads when I don't have reason to, when there is more than 1 baddie faction out there. It's not how I play. When I have more suspects, I will share them. I often don't have many suspicions until later in games. That is well documented.

It has nothing to do with win conditions, by the way. Even in games where civs win if dead, I don't consider myself a winner if I'm dead. And I stopped counting wins a long time ago. It's about the game set up and not wanting to help baddies. I'm not saying "whatever," I just don't have any reads yet. And, indeed, I don't care how that makes me look in anyone's eyes. I get suspicions when I get them, not on a time clock--if I'm not finding someone suspicious, I can't force it to happen. I'm trying to catch bad guys--the way I do it might just be different from the way you do it.
Golden wrote:LoRab's reply to my cursing was meant in fun. I don't see anything suspicious about that.

In fact, Jay, I don't think your case on LoRab has much substance that I can agree with. Most of it just feels like standard LoRab to me.

The one point that does interest me, though, was her view on giving civilian reads. This also made me think 'standard LoRab', because it was pretty much the norm on STV and RM where we grew up. But if you legitimately have a recent counter-case, that would be interesting.
Mad Max, but see above--there were no other baddies in that game, which wasn't the norm on RM, Piano, or LP.
Golden wrote:
Sloonei wrote:Still, what I am seeing in this game is a LoRab who is making a concerted effort to not share reads. That is not something that will ever be a town-tell in my book. I went back to Mad Max to make sure I wasn't misremembering, and I am not. I peppered her with the exact same type of question as I have here and in that game she gave me plenty of juicy substance in response. Here she's just kind of said "whatever, I have no reads and I don't care if that makes me hard to read." I'm all for townies trying to win the game by playing to their win conditions, but that means nothing if we're not also trying to catch bad guys.
OK, this is very interesting, and I want to see LoRab's response to it.
See above. It's a different set up.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Hi! Can you provide a single insight into the game?
My siggie.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

List of players who haven't posted yet today.
  • Boomslang
    MovingPictures07 and his eerily related last post.
    nijuukyugou
    sig
Unvote timmer

Vote MovingPictures07 for now. Something feels off.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

MP does, in fairness, appear to be entirely absent from everywhere.
Boomslang
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 37

Post by Boomslang »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:List of players who haven't posted yet today.
  • Boomslang
    MovingPictures07 and his eerily related last post.
    nijuukyugou
    sig
Unvote timmer

Vote MovingPictures07 for now. Something feels off.
Just stupid busy. Will post tomorrow late morning/afternoon.
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Can someone remind me about A Person's usual M.O.? When he's taking on votes and getting eyed does he normally just pop in and post fluff like this?
My siggie.
triceratopzeuhl
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 218

Post by triceratopzeuhl »

timmer wrote:Can someone remind me about A Person's usual M.O.? When he's taking on votes and getting eyed does he normally just pop in and post fluff like this?
I don't know but I'm voting for him until I see at least an attempt at finding mafia members
[EMM winner placeholder] ImageImage
timmer
Racketeer

Post by timmer »

Yeah, I'm conflicted. On one hand, A Person isn't evidently trying, short of asking the baddies to kill high posters which is actually the opposite of trying. On the other, is that indicative of him being bad? Or just unengaged? i don't like putting votes on people for acting weird, until that weirdness outweighs the cases in front of me.
My siggie.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

timmer wrote:Can someone remind me about A Person's usual M.O.? When he's taking on votes and getting eyed does he normally just pop in and post fluff like this?
Hobbit Mafia
Monty Python Mafia
Felt Mafia
Oblique Strategies Mafia
Film Directors Mafia

He's posting less than normal, but that aside there's some post histories.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

A Person has already missed 2 votes, which is against the rules.

What do you do to such players Ricochet?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Golden wrote:MP does, in fairness, appear to be entirely absent from everywhere.
And he's more than welcome to change my mind!

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Golden wrote:They are both town reads, but not my strongest town reads. MP is a stronger read than Jay.

Yesterday, from AP to Epi to boomslang to Wilgy, it did feel a little like my vote was being followed around. It made me tinfoil and I didn't overly like it. But, having said that... me, MP and Jay agree a lot and disagree little most of the time, and that's because we see the world through very similar eyes.
Curiously, you both haven't agreed much today.

Jay stated a suspicion of ninja for her votes over Days 1 and 2. You responded with you see solvey ninja, and pulled a post to defend it.

Jay stated a suspicion of LoRab, to which you responded that his case has no substance.

Jay called A Person a scumread on Night 2 after you called him a townread.

Jay, what do you think of Golden?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Dom wrote: I think BWT explained himself somewhat adequately, but I want to know who he would advocate a lynch of besides himself :p
Lol nice one there.

Right now GTH, I would say A Person and MM (although not as much now). But neither of those is very strong. That's why I want to re-read Lorab and possibly focus elsewhere today. Because I'm not as confident about any strong or weak mafia suspects I had from Day 2.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Golden wrote:They are both town reads, but not my strongest town reads. MP is a stronger read than Jay.

Curiously, you both haven't agreed much today.

Jay stated a suspicion of ninja for her votes over Days 1 and 2. You responded with you see solvey ninja, and pulled a post to defend it.

Jay stated a suspicion of LoRab, to which you responded that his case has no substance.

Jay called A Person a scumread on Night 2 after you called him a townread.

Jay, what do you think of Golden?
And who knows how much we agreed yesterday. Our votes happened to end up in the same places a lot, but I don't know what was going through Jay's mind.

To be fair to Jay's LoRab case, I didn't say it had no substance. I said it didn't have much substance that I could agree with. Perhaps 'substance' was a bad word to choose because people might think I'm suggesting Jay's case was meaningless. But I didn't mean it was meaningless, I meant that I disagreed with the meaning he ascribed to many of LoRab's posts.

I trust ninja more than I trust Jay. I trust LoRab less than I trust Jay.

Return to “Previous Side Missions”