Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 191
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Re: Death and Taxes: An Economics Mafia [DAY 2]

Post by Sloonei »

I feel so felt
My banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 36

Post by Elohcin »

You are all making a big mistake.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 49

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
sanmateo wrote:that vomp guy is being really secretive
His meta is hands down the most bizarre of anyone at this forum, easily. I've really given up trying to understand him, but I can't help but try at times anyway.

I've seen him say in more than a couple games blatantly that he's rooting for the mafia regardless of alignment, for example.

But I've also seen him actually participate in the game a couple of times (early in his mafia career) as a somewhat active civilian willing to voice his opinions, even if they did occasionally still have the bizarre Vomps-reactionary flavor to them.

So I really have no idea what to expect from him here other than likely zaniness.
To all our new players:

The best way to describe Vompatti is that he's the most Dadaist/avant-garde mafia player you could imagine. I can't think of any other way to describe it.

I think the guy's extremely hard to read, and he's been lynched a ton as a civvie because of this. Of course, he's also been lynched as a baddie for sometimes the same reasons as when he's a civ.
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 769
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Elohcin wrote:You are all making a big mistake.
could be. could you leave any parting warnings/thoughts?
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 722
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

birdwithteeth11 wrote: To all our new players:

The best way to describe Vompatti is that he's the most Dadaist/avant-garde mafia player you could imagine. I can't think of any other way to describe it.
QFT
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Elohcin wrote:You are all making a big mistake.
Who do we look at as potential scums if you are good?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 83

Post by Bass_the_Clever »

Voting Elo for reasons stated earlier.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
acrosstheaether wrote:If Bass_the_Clever is mafia, he is a clever mafia.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

birdwithteeth11 wrote:The best way to describe Vompatti is that he's the most Dadaist/avant-garde mafia player you could imagine. I can't think of any other way to describe it.

I think the guy's extremely hard to read, and he's been lynched a ton as a civvie because of this. Of course, he's also been lynched as a baddie for sometimes the same reasons as when he's a civ.
if any of you good Syndicateers ever come to RYM for a game, bring Vompatti along and we'll make sure chumlum plays
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

i threw my vote on Elo. every other option is mathematically impossible. and she's a red read. so cool beans.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
birdwithteeth11 wrote:The best way to describe Vompatti is that he's the most Dadaist/avant-garde mafia player you could imagine. I can't think of any other way to describe it.

if any of you good Syndicateers ever come to RYM for a game, bring Vompatti along and we'll make sure chumlum plays
YES

THIS MUST HAPPEN

MAFIA #86
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Also Syndicateers should be used to describe anyone from TS for all of eternity
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

i'm getting a lot of gut pings that i've been wrong about DDL. he'll need a lookover.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 52

Re: Death and Taxes: Polls

Post by thellama73 »

Who's killing all these people?

Poll ended at Sun May 24, 2015 5:57:41 pm

acrosstheaether
Dragon D. Luffy (7)
6%

Bass_the_Clever
No votes

birdwithteeth11
No votes

Black Rock
fingersplints (9)
6%

Dragon D. Luffy
Turnip Head (10), Elohcin (15)
13%

Elohcin
TinyBubbles (3), sanmateo (4), MovingPictures07 (5), acrosstheaether (6), G-Man (11), Sloonei (13), Bass_the_Clever (14), JaggedJimmyJay (16)
50%

fingersplints
No votes

G-Man
No votes

JaggedJimmyJay
No votes

MovingPictures07
No votes

Roxy
No votes

sanmateo
No votes

Sloonei
No votes

TinyBubbles
Vompatti (12)
6%

Turnip Head
Roxy (8)
6%

Paul Krugman (Hosts/Mod)
thellama73 (1), Metalmarsh89 (2)
13%
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:i'm getting a lot of gut pings that i've been wrong about DDL. he'll need a lookover.
I'm starting to wonder the same, especially if Elo flips civilian.
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 10

Post by Ricochet »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:

Next year we'll send him in the Champions game. :nicenod:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I swear, if I'm wrong about Elo again, I may just start forcing myself to always think the opposite read of how I'm reading her. I'm really hoping here.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Ricochet wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:

Oh hell no. :haha:
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Night 2: Population Control

"So," the economists said in unison. "You want to keep the population down, do you, Malthus? Well, welcome to You Town. Population: zero!"

Serves him right for having terrible theories.

Elohcin has been lynched. She was Thomas Malthus.
You have 24 hours to send in role PMs.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

birdwithteeth11 wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
sanmateo wrote:that vomp guy is being really secretive
His meta is hands down the most bizarre of anyone at this forum, easily. I've really given up trying to understand him, but I can't help but try at times anyway.

I've seen him say in more than a couple games blatantly that he's rooting for the mafia regardless of alignment, for example.

But I've also seen him actually participate in the game a couple of times (early in his mafia career) as a somewhat active civilian willing to voice his opinions, even if they did occasionally still have the bizarre Vomps-reactionary flavor to them.

So I really have no idea what to expect from him here other than likely zaniness.
To all our new players:

this is simultaneously exciting and worrying. On the one hand I look forward to seeing what y'all mean when you describe him first hand. On the other hand, by this description i'm basically just crossing my fingers that he's town.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

SON OF A.....

I saw I had about 30 seconds left (I thought), went to click on the bubble next to Bass' name, and then went to vote....and it wouldn't accept my vote because it was past the deadline. :( Oh well.

But yeah, if I could have voted, I would have voted for Bass probably. DDL would be a close second for his pressing Elo on her Golden vote, and DDL's voicing suspicion of her, but then going with an aether vote which seemed like an easy cop-out to me.

Might as well finish catching up for now.

Linki: If Elo flips civ, I think DDL is definitely getting a closer look from me. The only person I remember having anything resembling a substantial case on her is MP. I feel like there was one more player but I can't remember right now who it is.

That, and I think it's more likely Elo comes up civ because of all the weak reasons IMO I saw for voting for her. Seemed like an easy target unfortunately.

Linki: Holy shit did NOT expect that at ALL! :faint:
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

Bass_the_Clever wrote:Ok I would also like to hear what everyone else is thinking about the super posters. lol. Does anyone else feel like there could be mafia lurking among them?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

HOLY SHIT YES. :yay:
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

WOOHOO
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

that'll do. nice work everyone.

nobody gets any points for this one though. mafia probably thought she'd flip town. :)

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

thellama73 wrote:

"So," the economists said in unison. "You want to keep the population down, do you, Malthus? Well, welcome to You Town. Population: zero!"

:haha:

So true. Awesome.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:

Oh hell no. :haha:
Stop squashing this. It needs to happen!
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Oops wrong color wtf
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I am seriously so happy right now. Not a mafia, but god damn does that rock.

Thanks for playing, Elo. Hope to play with you again soon. I promise I won't yell at you next time. :P
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

MovingPictures07 wrote:
thellama73 wrote:

:haha:

So true. Awesome.
Yeah. I loled at that one too.

Alright, so for everyone who was bouncing around theories of Elo and Epig being connected, how do you feel about Epig now? Because I'd be more likely to lean civ on him.

Also, BIH Elo! :feb: Sad to see you go but not your role!
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Bass_the_Clever wrote:
Bass_the_Clever wrote:Ok I would also like to hear what everyone else is thinking about the super posters. lol. Does anyone else feel like there could be mafia lurking among them?
You seem to be implying that you think there's scum hiding out here. Which of us (I assume I'm being counter amomg the super posters, i dunno if that's accurate) would it most likely be? Least likely? and why do you feel this way?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:that'll do. nice work everyone.

nobody gets any points for this one though. mafia probably thought she'd flip town. :)
How does this fit into your newfound gut pings on DDL?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I still really think Epi was mafia, BWT. Elo was more so connected to Epi in my mind, but Epi's actions stood alone as intentionally manipulative.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Can we play the game now, Jay?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Notice:

anyone who was just deliberating how other players will look in the event of a townie Elohcin flip... those concerns are still valid. this lynch should be treated as the lynch of a townie from an analytic standpoint as we pursue mafia.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 231

Post by fingersplints »

Well that is a pleasant surprise. :omg:
Gro-oo-ovy
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Notice:

anyone who was just deliberating how other players will look in the event of a townie Elohcin flip... those concerns are still valid. this lynch should be treated as the lynch of a townie from an analytic standpoint as we pursue mafia.
I was just thinking that myself.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Can we play the game now, Jay?
i'm game.

HEY Y'ALL: if you're here right now and will be for the next 10-20 minutes, say aye.

if we get enough people, i have an activity for you. :feb:

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Aye.
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

aye
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Dragon, fingersplints, Turnip Head, vomp, and Roxy all voted for someone other than Eloh. I am making nothing of this yet, just pointing out that it's a reality and something which may be worth pursuing later.
The people who voted for Eloh are in no way abovd suspicion for doing so, of course.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Can we play the game now, Jay?
i'm game.

HEY Y'ALL: if you're here right now and will be for the next 10-20 minutes, say aye.

if we get enough people, i have an activity for you. :feb:
nay, i'm about to leave for like 30 minutes to an hour, but i'll he back after then
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 225
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

That worked out nicely.
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 36

Post by Elohcin »

MovingPictures07 wrote:HOLY SHIT YES. :yay:
SMH. See ya, sucker.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Roxy wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
birdwithteeth11 wrote:Le snipped
Sloonei wrote:
sanmateo wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Elohcin -- (#1 No read or unsure, #2 Slight civilian read, #3 no change) -- DROP! Fixated on me all game, then suddenly had opinions on a ton of players with no explanation, including "leaning civilian" on Golden. Then continues to subtly push heat on me until I had an emotional breakdown, upon which she says that both (1) the breakdown doesn't bode well for me yet (2) votes Golden with literally no explanation. Could it get any objectively more scummy than this?
i think you are being manipulative with this, the problem for me isnt that she focused on you but that she had golden as a civilian read and without building a case she flipped and voted for him

at this point i think as scum team of elo + mp07 is more likely than elo + epi, if elo and epi were scum teams their voting would have been very clumsy. in any case i think everyone should focus on getting 1 scum and work their way back instead of trying to catch the whole scum team at once.
Another interesting observation that I'd not really considered. How common is it for scum partners to outright bus each other from Day 1 over here?
Depends on the player. Some will go after teammates left and right and some are completely adamant about throwing teammates under the bus unless absolutely necessary. For Day 1 though, I would consider that to be quite uncommon. I can't remember a time that's happened that springs to mind. But if I'm wrong, someone feel free to correct me.
I've thrown a teammate under on Day 1. :feb:
WWE anyone?
Herpa de derp. I should have remembered that one. :disappoint:
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Aye.

fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 231

Post by fingersplints »

How long will this activity be? It's already 11 here

How many people missed the vote?
I also think that her team would be more likely to have distanced from her since she was so obviously going down.
Gro-oo-ovy
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

fingersplints wrote:How long will this activity be? It's already 11 here

How many people missed the vote?
I also think that her team would be more likely to have distanced from her since she was so obviously going down.
She was the Serial Killer.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

fingersplints wrote:How long will this activity be? It's already 11 here
10-20 minutes, if the pace is maintained.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Please more people say aye. I want to play the game!

Return to “Previous Side Missions”