Dr. Who Mafia - Night 12

Moderator: Community Team

24 Hour Days?

Poll ended at Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:47 pm

Yes
61%
No
No votes
Votes in this poll are non-changable! (host/non/mod/dead)
39%

Total votes: 18
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 56

Re: Dr. Who Mafia! - Day 3

Post by Elohcin »

Dana wrote:
Elohcin wrote:
juliets wrote:
Elohcin wrote:
Dom wrote:

Elohcin, I would love to hear from you. What are you thinking at this point in the game? Who are you suspicious of? Surely you must have suspicions by now. Do you know how you survived your attempted murder?
I am still overwhelmed with all the players at this point, however my biggest suspicion is Dana. Her actions say that she couldn't care less if the lynched player is civ.
Elo, can you be more specific? What action(s) has Dana taken that says she couldn't care less if the lynched player is a civ?
It is why I voted for her Day 2. She was so defensive of Enri and trying to keep voters away from him and when I asked her (paraphrasing) "why? Do have reason to believe he is civ?" she said nah, she didn't know his affiliation at all but that she knew him IRL and sticks with people she is "familiar" with.

Then today, her actions have been no different in that she is talking about how she felt both options in the last lynch were civ options and yet she still voted for one of them. She saw no reason to vote for who she thought was bad.
Of course I care if the player lynched is a civ, that's why I'm trying to figure out who is bad and who is not. I said I didn't know Enrique's affiliation because I don't. I don't know anyone's but my own for certain. I do think he is a civ because I know him well (though not IRL) and he doesn't seem to be acting odd. Am I not able to use information from people's personality outside of the context of mafia to tell if there's a suspicious change in their behavior? I never said that I "stick with people" I'm familiar with, I said I may defend them slightly more than others because I'm still new to the game and I don't know anyone else well enough to be able to say if they're not acting normal or not. I do know Enrique well enough (I think) to say that he IS acting normal.

I didn't feel both options in the last lynch were civ at the time the lynch was happening. I explained already that I feel that way now that Epig's role has been revealed. Meaning I thought SD was civ and I still do even after what happened. I did vote for who I thought was bad, and I was wrong.
You can sometimes use people's personalities outside of mafia to decipher their mafia affiliation. I would never do that with Epi (my husband) however, b/c I know his mafia actions do not always reflect his true personality. But, you didn't say that the first time I asked. You only said something to the effect of sticking with what is familiar.

Still, your behavior is fishy to me.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 858
Preferred Pronouns: any/all
Aka: Tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Made wrote:Cool back on my computer
Dom wrote:
Made wrote: No real read on SVS or Dom, but gut is saying Dom, probably just because he's gunning me, so i'm ignoring it.
What exactly does this mean? Your gut is saying what about me? Who was this a response to?
My gut is saying you're trying gain support for a lynch against me, but rationally I know that even civvies be politickin' these days. This isn't a response to anyone, you both asked where I was/what i was thinking, so I grouped you when giving reads.

Just read SD, but not in the context of thread. MP, I have a question for you.

What exactly is your philosophy on role hinting and role claiming, and the logic behind this reasoning?

Finna hit up homework, See'yall at dinner!
I'm confused, what do you mean by not in the context of thread? You mean you read her posts in a row isolated from everyone else's?

Why do you ask? I presume because Daisy was hinting at having a less important, or particularly vanilla civvie, role? You know, it depends. I feel role hinting, when pursued in a more subtle manner, can be an effective tactic for a civvie to take, or even for a mafia to fake. I've done it before myself in both situations. I'm the type of guy personally that has trouble reading between the lines a lot of the time, and it sort of explains why I act the way I do, and why I play a very literal game. So I feel that if I can, in the course of reading the thread, detect a blatant role claim, because I often have trouble picking up on role hints until they're revealed to be obvious, then depending on the circumstances I feel conflicted. If it is a genuine civvie role claim, sometimes they push the boundaries too much, since it borders on breaking the game (to come out and say, for example, "I am K9", if I was Epig).

Does that help? Not sure if that's what you were looking for.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

And Made, honestly when Daisy started making such hints, it made her immediately seem a bit more suspicious to me. I'm not sure a civvie Daisy would need to do that. But her insistence in stating "I am not bad" and similar sentiments multiple times makes me wonder why she would be so insistent if she were to flip bad, especially since she was in serious danger of actually being lynched yesterday.

So, I'm torn on that one. If she is bad and was trying to get into my head, it was working.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

And DFaraday's vote for Daisy makes me nervous, to be honest. I hope he elaborates because it might give me some insight.
Dana
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 145
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Dana »

Elohcin wrote:You can sometimes use people's personalities outside of mafia to decipher their mafia affiliation. I would never do that with Epi (my husband) however, b/c I know his mafia actions do not always reflect his true personality. But, you didn't say that the first time I asked. You only said something to the effect of sticking with what is familiar.
Here is my exact quote:
Dana wrote:Made and Enrique are both very good friends of mine, and I don't know anyone else very well at all, so familiar names are comforting.
I did not mean that I would defend them solely because they are my friends, I meant that I know them better because they are my friends, and I feel like I would be able to tell if they were acting weirdly more than I would for someone I barely know. Also mafia is scary and I like comforting things.
Made
Hitman
Posts in topic: 123
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Made »

finding the right color for these is always such a struggle
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Dom wrote:
Made wrote: No real read on SVS or Dom, but gut is saying Dom, probably just because he's gunning me, so i'm ignoring it.
What exactly does this mean? Your gut is saying what about me? Who was this a response to?
My gut is saying you're trying gain support for a lynch against me, but rationally I know that even civvies be politickin' these days. This isn't a response to anyone, you both asked where I was/what i was thinking, so I grouped you when giving reads.

Just read SD, but not in the context of thread. MP, I have a question for you.

What exactly is your philosophy on role hinting and role claiming, and the logic behind this reasoning?

Finna hit up homework, See'yall at dinner!
I'm confused, what do you mean by not in the context of thread? You mean you read her posts in a row isolated from everyone else's?
Yeah, Just clicked in thread and hard read them

Why do you ask? I presume because Daisy was hinting at having a less important, or particularly vanilla civvie, role? You know, it depends. I feel role hinting, when pursued in a more subtle manner, can be an effective tactic for a civvie to take, or even for a mafia to fake. I've done it before myself in both situations. I'm the type of guy personally that has trouble reading between the lines a lot of the time, and it sort of explains why I act the way I do, and why I play a very literal game. So I feel that if I can, in the course of reading the thread, detect a blatant role claim, because I often have trouble picking up on role hints until they're revealed to be obvious, then depending on the circumstances I feel conflicted. If it is a genuine civvie role claim, sometimes they push the boundaries too much, since it borders on breaking the game (to come out and say, for example, "I am K9", if I was Epig).
Does that help? Not sure if that's what you were looking for.
Yup, answered very well. The reason I asked was because of your immediately claiming the reasoning for your survival. It just sounded like something you'd be against.
Spoiler: show
Pov: you reading my takes
Dana
Drug Dealer

Post by Dana »

MovingPictures07 wrote:And DFaraday's vote for Daisy makes me nervous, to be honest. I hope he elaborates because it might give me some insight.
It really worries me too. I hope there won't be another "vote for Daisy" chain (yay puns!) because I don't think she is bad at all and we really need to lynch a baddie today so the planet doesn't eat us or something.
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 56

Post by Elohcin »

I don't know....I just don't agree that you would necessarily be able to read them b/c they are your friends. Like I said, I play Mafia with my husband of eleven years, dating him for 15, and he acts totally different in Mafia than in real life. On top of that he acts totally different in each game. So, I don't think it is necessarily good to seek comfort in those we feel we know better than others. But, Made and Enri may just be that transparent and readable people. But I can imagine they are smart enough to know how to put on an act when they feel the need.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Dana
Drug Dealer

Post by Dana »

Elohcin wrote:I don't know....I just don't agree that you would necessarily be able to read them b/c they are your friends. Like I said, I play Mafia with my husband of eleven years, dating him for 15, and he acts totally different in Mafia than in real life. On top of that he acts totally different in each game. So, I don't think it is necessarily good to seek comfort in those we feel we know better than others. But, Made and Enri may just be that transparent and readable people. But I can imagine they are smart enough to know how to put on an act when they feel the need.
Of course, they are very smart people. I could be totally wrong, I'm not denying that at all. I was just saying what I thought and felt, since I'm still newish to mafia in general and I don't really have much experience with reading people. All I have is what I know them to act like normally and how they're acting here in this game.
Made
Hitman
Posts in topic: 123
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Made »

Elohcin wrote: But, Made and Enri may just be that transparent and readable people.
nah that's Dana.

ok, real talk homework, k bye
Pov: you reading my takes
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Dana wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:And DFaraday's vote for Daisy makes me nervous, to be honest. I hope he elaborates because it might give me some insight.
It really worries me too. I hope there won't be another "vote for Daisy" chain (yay puns!) because I don't think she is bad at all and we really need to lynch a baddie today so the planet doesn't eat us or something.
It worries me mostly because he didn't state a single reason in doing so. Even quiet civvie DF usually tags a reason in his votes. But why would a baddie not state a reason, IDK. Really I'm also super curious if there's a particular aspect of the argument against her he thinks is compelling.

You feel THAT confident she isn't bad at all? How much?

And have you looked back at any of those four individuals? Would you consider a vote for any of them?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Also, MM, don't worry, of course this thread's biggest Rush fan got your reference.

:drums:
keys56000000000
The Mark
Posts in topic: 328

Post by keys56000000000 »

MP wrote:It doesn't prove "nothing", it just says I was almost killed by one of the teams.
Right, which proves nothing. You keep citing it like it makes you more likely to be a civ, which obviously isn't the case.
I'm not convinced you actually read my posts because I've said ad nauseum that people can think I'm a Dalek or The Master all they want, but it doesn't mean that I am. So why you think it means "nothing" is just incomprehensible to me.
I do read your posts. They are numerous, long and repetitive, but I read them.

Citing over and over that you escaped an NK doesn't prove that you are a civvie. How the fuck is that incomprehensible? I am not convinced for a second that you do not know what I am talking about. You have played this game long enough to understand the basics.
The fact is that I survived an NK from one team. I'm citing it ONLY for that reason.
I seem to recall you saying you found it absurd/astonishing that anyone would suspect you after escaping that NK. Which is ridiculous, for the reasons I keep repeating to you: that it proves nothing. You can put "nothing" in quotation marks if you believe that will put a negative spin on the argument, you can all it illogical or incomprehensible, but it obviously is logical.
Not for you to buy into the argument that I'm a confirmed civvie. Because I'm not. It just makes my possibilities of being bad seem less than anyone else alive right now.
That is simply not the case. The chance of you being a baddie is the same as it was at the start of the game.
I don't see why the answer to that couldn't be a yes, and something I didn't think of honestly, so you have a good point here. It's not true, and it would be a terrible baddie plan because there are two baddie teams, an independent, and secret roles though. Now if it were a single mafia game, it would be a much better counterpoint.
Let's not debate whether or not it would be a good idea. That's of no consequence. The fact is that it's been done in the past with varying levels of success, so I'm not discounting it. I don't think it's particularly likely in this case, but you seem like a good player so I would not put it past you to try something like that.

At this stage the reason why I keep coming at you, bro, is that you seem to be trying pretty much anything to defend yourself. You ask what about this person and that person, you make circular arguments, you paint my suspicion of you in all sorts of negative terms, like odd, weird, crazy, illogical, incomprehensible, etc. You LMAO, you find it absurd and astonishing that anyone would suspect you, you cite your failed NK attempt too much for my liking; you're just doing nothing to dissuade my suspicion, at all.

I'm still open to discussion but as things stand I'm comfortable with my vote for MP.
ZEPPELIN RULES! \o/
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Fair enough, keys. I do hand it to you for sticking to your guns. In fact, many of the things you're accusing me of I would definitely do if I were bad, but I've been genuine in everything I've done this game, so I'm not painting your argument any way. My points just aren't getting through to you, but I understand why they wouldn't if you're interpreting my actions the way you are. So I get it. And if you really think I'm most likely to be bad, keep that vote on me. You're just going to be severely disappointed.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

And by "possibilities", I meant there are less possible roles for me to fill if you were to assume I'm not any of the Cybermen, not that my likelihood of being randomized into a baddie role is any lower (because that's obviously not true).

But if you choose to interpret that the NK survival means nothing and therefore assume nothing, then I get why you think it means nothing. I just know it's a fact that I'm a civvie and it's a fact that apparently a mafia team wanted to get rid of me, and very well could have.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

And sorry for the multiple posts, but whenever you catch up if you still haven't yet (not implying that you should have, just that I'm not sure), I'm curious if you develop thoughts on anyone else.
fingersplints
Hitman
Posts in topic: 80

Post by fingersplints »

keys and LC - when you get a chance I am curious what you two think about Chris so far this game
Gro-oo-ovy
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

fingersplints wrote:keys and LC - when you get a chance I am curious what you two think about Chris so far this game
Is Chris your biggest suspicion right now or not?
Dana
Drug Dealer

Post by Dana »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Dana wrote:
It worries me mostly because he didn't state a single reason in doing so. Even quiet civvie DF usually tags a reason in his votes. But why would a baddie not state a reason, IDK. Really I'm also super curious if there's a particular aspect of the argument against her he thinks is compelling.

And have you looked back at any of those four individuals? Would you consider a vote for any of them?
Very confident, but I should probably not say more. I haven't looked back at those four or anyone else yet. I will likely focus on Python for the next few hours until the poll ends over there, but I'll definitely give you a more complete answer to this later tonight.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Dana wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Dana wrote:

Very confident, but I should probably not say more. I haven't looked back at those four or anyone else yet. I will likely focus on Python for the next few hours until the poll ends over there, but I'll definitely give you a more complete answer to this later tonight.
Interesting.

Cool, thanks. :)
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I'm moving my vote to DFaraday until he comes back to explain his vote.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 368

Post by S~V~S »

Dana wrote:

Why are you so sure? Talk me out of it, convince me I am wrong. I am the person most likely to be swayed by an argument you make, because like you, I tend to play with my heart and my gut more than with a logical deduction process.

Tell me why I am wrong.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
keys56000000000
The Mark
Posts in topic: 328

Post by keys56000000000 »

Splints, I haven't caught up yet, so re: Chris, idk.

I can say one thing from past experience playing with Chris, and that is I remember him being very enthusiastic as a civvie. He gets stuck in, enjoys a baddie hunt. I would expect him to be more reserved as a baddie. But it's been what, a year or two since we played together, so you never know, he might have switched up his style a bit over the years.

I gotta catch up and read more of his posts before I can truly comment.
ZEPPELIN RULES! \o/
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
fingersplints wrote:keys and LC - when you get a chance I am curious what you two think about Chris so far this game
Nope, I just think both of those guys are pretty good at reading him and am curious what they think.
Gro-oo-ovy
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 204
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

I don't see myself voting for Daisy, but I'm not locked into an MP vote yet. I think this lynch could use a few more fruntrunners. Not sure where to start though.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

fingersplints wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Nope, I just think both of those guys are pretty good at reading him and am curious what they think.
Makes sense. Then who is your biggest suspicion right now and why?

Turnip Head wrote:I don't see myself voting for Daisy, but I'm not locked into an MP vote yet. I think this lynch could use a few more fruntrunners. Not sure where to start though.
You don't have any thoughts on anyone else that you feel are worth sharing?

What do you think about Epig voters? Wouldn't examining them be a good place to start, even if you determine a lot of them don't seem baddie?
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

I skimmed the Epi voters and didn't find anything noteworthy. I wasn't around at the time so I've read that portion of the thread with hindsight. What do you think about the Epi voters, since you seem to think that's a good place to start?
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

I'm actually concerned about Bass but there's not much to go on. 11 posts, two votes for Enrique, hasn't part of the discussion.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

And I was halfway joking when I brought it up but I do think it's strange Roxy didn't say anything about me after I died lol. Where's the love Rox?
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief
Posts in topic: 47
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/herself/they

Post by sabie12 »

Enrique wrote:To clear something up re: the Epig voters, and I'm not sure I've even seen this mentioned at all in the thread. As I remember, sabie came in near the end of the poll. Somebody asked who she was voting for and she was like "idk i suspect made and epig." This was just a few minutes before the poll ended. I pretty clearly remember her voting for Epig, which would explain why Chris there were more voters after him, but the final poll results show her voting for Made. I don't think she ever posted about either vote, but I could be wrong.

Naptime. :offtobed:
I voted Epi initially but I then changed it back to Made because I believed Made was more suspicious. Epi kinda always has his same devious play style, but Made has been playing differently this game. Or at least that's how it seemed to me. After putting some thought into it I ended up choosing to stick with my first guess which was Made rather than Epi. I apologize if I didn't clearly state I am voting Made. As everyone always gets annoyed with me saying, I am new ish to the game so if I mess something up just let me know and I will try not to mess up again. Might be voting Made again this poll we shall see how things go.
Sometimes life does seem all planned out, like there's no choice in the matter. But that's just an illusion.
~Darren Shan~
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 407

Post by Dom »

Turnip Head wrote:I see a lot of people bringing up Made's name, I've never played with the guy before, what are some people's concerns about him?
Elohcin wrote:To be honest, I am getting MP in Clue mixed up with MP in Dr. Who in my head. I would need to reread him. Made.....I don't really read him well. I think this is my second game with him. What are the concerns about made? I believe Dana will get my vote again unless something changes.
Made wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:I see a lot of people bringing up Made's name, I've never played with the guy before, what are some people's concerns about him?
Tldr, I'm not playing super extroverted and agro like I *normally* do.

Honestly it's kinda nice being meek, I'm emotionally detached and at least feel like I'm notice more. The only thing is I feel like I'm only noticing things that are making others appear civvie.

(Also, th, pretty sure it's just Dom saying my name again and again :p)

Addendum: wait, the above reasoning explains Dana and MP. But Dom, why do you feel I'm sus?
Let me call BULLSHIT on you, Made.
TH, I have outlined my suspicions against Made in the following posts:
http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 907#p85907
http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 707#p84707
http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 492#p87492
http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 487#p86487

And this post is yet ANOTHER reason I think Made is bad.
Dom wrote:
Of course, I'm trying to get support to lynch you-- I think you are bad. WTF else would I be doing?

juliets wrote:I have to amend my response to Dom - Dom, I notice looking at the board that MP did vote for SD so I assume he has decided for now that he thinks she is bad (I must have just missed that in his posts). I still think all the back and forth about her was him talking out loud about the why's and wherefore's of her being bad or good, potentially more indicative of his communication style than his alignment.
I don't remember MP waffling on SD before the lynch. Maybe it's because I read that all at once and it was about 8 pages. I don't remember him waffling then, only now.
Dana wrote:Oh wait it only fits for Cyberman #2, not Dalek #2.
Does "discover" fit?
Like discover a dead role?
MovingPictures07 wrote:I'm moving my vote to DFaraday until he comes back to explain his vote.
Let me ask for clarification here:
Do you think that DFaraday's vote is more suspicious than all of what you've suspected of SD? If no, what else has he done?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dana
Drug Dealer

Post by Dana »

Dom wrote:
Dana wrote:Oh wait it only fits for Cyberman #2, not Dalek #2.
Does "discover" fit?
Like discover a dead role?
We submitted that earlier and it wasn't filled in on the first page so we assumed it was wrong.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Turnip Head wrote:I skimmed the Epi voters and didn't find anything noteworthy. I wasn't around at the time so I've read that portion of the thread with hindsight. What do you think about the Epi voters, since you seem to think that's a good place to start?
What do you think about Made, anything?

You know, I'm not sure. LC's vote seemed weakest to me of all of them. It just seemed like a good place to start since I was really thinking there was a save involved and that's why Epig got lynched, but the more I've thought about it today, I'm not so sure there was anything coordinated on Epig. It's very possible there's a baddie or two in his voters. I think, just examining the votes for Epig themselves and not the other actions of the individuals who voted for him, LC and Gotrees's votes stink the most to me.

For the record, I'm concerned about Bass too.

Dom wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:I'm moving my vote to DFaraday until he comes back to explain his vote.
Do you think that DFaraday's vote is more suspicious than all of what you've suspected of SD? If no, what else has he done?
That's a good question, Dom. I would say, possibly, but I don't know for sure until he responds. It is odd that DFaraday "random"ized his vote on N1, but frankly I didn't think anything of it. He doesn't really have much to base any suspicion on. So I wouldn't say any of his other actions have been attention-grabbing.

I wouldn't even say DF is my top suspicion right now, but it's really just that his vote makes me REALLY nervous, so I'm placing mine there for now as I reevaluate and await to hear his elaboration -- because his vote stunk big time of latching onto someone else's suspicion.

Does that make sense?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Also, Dom, I don't know for sure until I hear more from Daisy either. I'm awaiting her thoughts to better solidify my judgment on her at the moment.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

What do people think of Gotrees? Dana, any idea, since you know him?
Roxy
Hitman
Posts in topic: 106
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Post by Roxy »

Sorry Hosts and fellow players I know I have been quiet and lacking this round but I AM SICK!

I have been trying hard to keep up and right now I have a couple of pages to still read. In my Nyquil addled brain not much is sticking.

Turnips - I am sorry I have been in a Nyquil haze since Sunday please forgive me for forgetting you <3 I deffo did not mean to. You know how I love my vegetables :dance:

splints - Come on!! I know you can read me like your favorite book so you deffo should know I am civ!

MP - yep I followed you though it was mostly bc you and SVS NEVER agree so I really thought there was merit to your suspicion of Daisy. I have to ask though why aren't you suspicious of Snow Dog or Hedgeowl? They followed you as well.

I need to finish catching up now
;)
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Roxy wrote: MP - yep I followed you though it was mostly bc you and SVS NEVER agree so I really thought there was merit to your suspicion of Daisy. I have to ask though why aren't you suspicious of Snow Dog or Hedgeowl? They followed you as well.

I need to finish catching up now
:ponder:

I will review them and get back to you. I remember Snow Dog not looking any different than normal Snow Dog to me but his recent absence worries me. Those are definitely two people on the player list that have contributed relatively little.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 181

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:I've seperated the Cybertrons and Daleks into two separate identities since their role secrets are slightly different.
Emperor Dalek wrote: You cannot be lynched until every other member of your team is dead.
The Cyber Controller wrote: You cannot be nightkilled until every other member of your team is dead.
Updating these on the role list now.
Dana
Drug Dealer

Post by Dana »

S~V~S wrote:
Dana wrote:

Why are you so sure? Talk me out of it, convince me I am wrong. I am the person most likely to be swayed by an argument you make, because like you, I tend to play with my heart and my gut more than with a logical deduction process.

Tell me why I am wrong.
I felt like her defense was very genuine, it seemed to me like she was a frustrated civvie who came to check in and realized she was leading the lynch. I'd be pretty frustrated too in her position. I also still don't really understand where the suspicion of her started. She made one part of one post about you and MP and MP said it was a little bit weird and then it seemed people were like "MP knows her best, she must be bad!" If we don't want to lynch a civ today then we shouldn't lynch SD.

MovingPictures07 wrote:What do people think of Gotrees? Dana, any idea, since you know him?
It's a little hard to tell since this is his first game, but he's not acting any differently than I would expect. I'd be a bit suspicious if he didn't help out with the code thing because I'm pretty sure he likes puzzles and such as much as I do, but since he has been, everything seems to be in order. I'm assuming the baddies aren't helping to decode the baddie secrets because they already know what they are, right? Well, there is the other team of baddies, so I'm not sure if they'd still be helping out or just solving it in their BTSC. Possibly there, because if they put it in the thread then it would be helping the civvies too. Gotrees has also been really helpful with show information, like the planet links and stuff last night. I have no reason to believe Gotrees is bad at the moment.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Dana wrote:Hello hosts! I would like to submit these for review:
Emperor Dalek wrote: You cannot be lynched until every other member of your team is dead.
The Cyber Controller wrote: You cannot be nightkilled until every other member of your team is dead.
Dalek #2 wrote: Rolecheck a dead player nightly.
Cyberman #2 wrote: Rolecheck a living player nightly.
The Master wrote: The first three attempts on his life will be blocked. Every night, he attempts to find Lucy Saxon, his wife/companion. If he finds her, they gain BTSC. Due to his strong ability as a scientist, once in the game he can block every night action that night to be randomly redirected at someone other than the original target. This is up to and including kill attempts.
All of them are correct except for The Master. I will update the role list accordingly.
Snow Dog
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 375

Post by Snow Dog »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:I skimmed the Epi voters and didn't find anything noteworthy. I wasn't around at the time so I've read that portion of the thread with hindsight. What do you think about the Epi voters, since you seem to think that's a good place to start?
What do you think about Made, anything?

You know, I'm not sure. LC's vote seemed weakest to me of all of them. It just seemed like a good place to start since I was really thinking there was a save involved and that's why Epig got lynched, but the more I've thought about it today, I'm not so sure there was anything coordinated on Epig. It's very possible there's a baddie or two in his voters. I think, just examining the votes for Epig themselves and not the other actions of the individuals who voted for him, LC and Gotrees's votes stink the most to me.

For the record, I'm concerned about Bass too.

Dom wrote:
That's a good question, Dom. I would say, possibly, but I don't know for sure until he responds. It is odd that DFaraday "random"ized his vote on N1, but frankly I didn't think anything of it. He doesn't really have much to base any suspicion on. So I wouldn't say any of his other actions have been attention-grabbing.

I wouldn't even say DF is my top suspicion right now, but it's really just that his vote makes me REALLY nervous, so I'm placing mine there for now as I reevaluate and await to hear his elaboration -- because his vote stunk big time of latching onto someone else's suspicion.

Does that make sense?
I often latch onto other peoples suspicions. What of it? If they seem good suspicions?
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Enrique
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 259

Post by Enrique »

MovingPictures07 wrote:TH 2.0: I'm also curious if you have other players you're keeping your eye on and why. If you had to vote right now, who would it be for?

Enrique: Same question, what are you thinking right now?
This whole bandwagon or whatever it is against you is making me really uncomfortable. I don't think you're bad, and I don't think Daisy is bad, so I can't support you on that either. But this whole case against you is just so... irrational. Definitely makes me want to take a closer look at keys/Chris, though I know they weren't around for the first few days so they may just be clinging to the hot new perspective.

Dom continues to be jumpy as hell and I don't like it. I'm not sure about Elo; I don't agree with her case on Dana, but at least to me she looks more civvie than she did yesterday.
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

I also got the Rush reference.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Thanks, Dana! And Enrique, much appreciated.

Snow Dog, did you quote the wrong post? And do you have any thoughts right now?

I am going to go do some homework because I've been slacking (thank you, mafia), and then I'm going to re-read certain players in particular (Snow Dog, Hedgeowl, Rox, Daisy, Dana, and any others I think of too), and then I'll be back with revamped thoughts. I feel like I'm still trying to piece everything together here. I feel we can find a baddie though.
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

I will not be voting MP because I understood his point about the failed NK. Not sure I'll vote daisy again either. Aah...who knows?
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Dana
Drug Dealer

Post by Dana »

birdwithteeth11 wrote:All of them are correct except for The Master. I will update the role list accordingly.
But it didn't fit!!!
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

keys56000000000 wrote: ATTENTION HOSTS

Could a player with a protection prize be targeted by his own team and have it foiled that way?
Hmmmmm.....technically, yes. I'd have to answer that question with 'yes'.
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Thanks, Dana! And Enrique, much appreciated.

Snow Dog, did you quote the wrong post? And do you have any thoughts right now?

I am going to go do some homework because I've been slacking (thank you, mafia), and then I'm going to re-read certain players in particular (Snow Dog, Hedgeowl, Rox, Daisy, Dana, and any others I think of too), and then I'll be back with revamped thoughts. I feel like I'm still trying to piece everything together here. I feel we can find a baddie though.
No I was addressing your last line. You see? Snipping is good!
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
fingersplints
Hitman

Post by fingersplints »

MP - I am not sure who is my most suspicious of atm. I need to finish reading before I commit to a top suspect. There are several that I am suspicious of, but there are so many quiet players and that makes me really uncomfortable. sabie is rising on my suspicion list. Now that I understand Enrique better I too wonder if her suspicion of Epi was not genuine and therefore she backed off to not make her look bad. I don't feel great about Elo or daisy. I'm going to specifically reread Rox because she usually only pulls the "you know me better" card as a civvie.
I am at my sisters trying to visit with her three children at the moment so hopefully I can read some later.
Gro-oo-ovy
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Dana wrote:
birdwithteeth11 wrote:All of them are correct except for The Master. I will update the role list accordingly.
But it didn't fit!!!
Which one didn't fit? I'm confused.

Return to “Previous Jobs”