57%

Total votes: 7
Vompatti
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 66

Re: Twin Peaks Mafia {NIGHT 1}

Post by Vompatti »

Nevinera wrote:
Kate wrote: He would have killed off players chess game after chess game.
At one move per night? Nobody would hae gotten past the opening.
One move minimum.
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 21

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

Vompatti wrote:
Nevinera wrote:
One move minimum.
I think what he's saying is that if anyone had been captured, they probably would have only made one move per night because of self-preservation.
blindfaeth
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 12

Post by blindfaeth »

I still think it was a terrible plan, regardless that it came back in "our favor" - though knowing my boyfriend, and having taught him as best I could before he started playing mafia with us all, I'm convinced he would side with the civvies as an indy if at all possible, just like I would. I hate when I'm lynched as an indy and people rejoice when I was trying to help them :facepalm:

In any case, yay no NK and it could have been a worse result, but I would really frown on using this method again.
Vompatti
Loan Shark

Post by Vompatti »

birdwithteeth11 wrote:
Vompatti wrote:
Nevinera wrote:
One move minimum.
I think what he's saying is that if anyone had been captured, they probably would have only made one move per night because of self-preservation.
I dunno, I think I probably would have tried to win.
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Vompatti wrote:
birdwithteeth11 wrote:
Vompatti wrote:
Nevinera wrote:
One move minimum.
I dunno, I think I probably would have tried to win.
I think anyone would want to win. But I would be afraid that he could manipulate the chess game in some way.

In reality though, it's kind of a moot point since he's dead now.
blindfaeth
Drug Dealer

Post by blindfaeth »

I'm questioning the log lady!
Russtifinko
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 61
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Russtifinko »

Wow, that seems like a surprisingly good result! I guess Ben Horne made a good decision. Not sure at all who should be voted for on this poll. Anyone have an idea what a poll like this could be? Perhaps it confers a (dis)advantage on the player chosen?
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Roxy
Hitman
Posts in topic: 145
Preferred Pronouns: She, Her, Whore if ya know me

Post by Roxy »

Aww RIP boogs.

The chess discussion is moot.

I think Rusti has the right idea about this poll. I think advantage but its just a guess.

Its been awhile since the show was on and the details are hard to remember for me. If I remember right the Log Lady knows more than people give her credit for.

I want to hear from Kate, as I know she has recently been watching the show, before I vote.
;)
Snow Dog
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 172

Post by Snow Dog »

Audrey Horne
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Kate
LAMIST Supatown
Posts in topic: 416
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Kate »

The log lady is a good choice. I think I remember that the log knew who killed Laura or something like that. The log lady definitely played a pivotal role in getting cooper to realize what his dreams meant which helped him to solve the mystery.
Andrew wrote: Wed May 29, 2013 6:47 pm I'm voting llama again because I think I heard him say something that looks like proof.
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

blindfaeth wrote:I still think it was a terrible plan, regardless that it came back in "our favor" - though knowing my boyfriend, and having taught him as best I could before he started playing mafia with us all, I'm convinced he would side with the civvies as an indy if at all possible, just like I would. I hate when I'm lynched as an indy and people rejoice when I was trying to help them :facepalm:

In any case, yay no NK and it could have been a worse result, but I would really frown on using this method again.
If it was possible you are probably right. Windom on the show was the big bad (other than bob). No if ands or buts. I don't see anything bad about him being gone.

INH, is boogs out of the game because windom is dead?
Andrew wrote: Wed May 29, 2013 6:47 pm I'm voting llama again because I think I heard him say something that looks like proof.
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

Thanks Kate I thought so but its been years since I've seen it
;)
Vompatti
Loan Shark

Post by Vompatti »

I'm going with Donna.

Image Image Image
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 41

Post by Nevinera »

Kate wrote:The log lady is a good choice. I think I remember that the log knew who killed Laura or something like that. The log lady definitely played a pivotal role in getting cooper to realize what his dreams meant which helped him to solve the mystery.
Yep. Voting LogLady.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 130

Post by S~V~S »

From a perspective of not knowing how it ended, I want to talk to her friends. I am gonna vote Donna.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

Donnas not a bad choice either, she knows a lot about Laura just not enough of the darker side of Laura.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Alright. I'm going to go with Log Lady as well.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 140
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Just wanted to post in here saying I am alive but I haven't had time to catch up on this and will not until tomorrow; the only free time I have had so far at all today went towards boo's VGM game. Hopefully I will then but it should prove to be a busy day as well.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Kate wrote:Donnas not a bad choice either, she knows a lot about Laura just not enough of the darker side of Laura.
Quite often your friends will see you in a better light, even if they know your dark side. They are also protective of you, and may see things from other people you do not, or that you may even ignore becasue you don't want to believe it.

So even if she is not well acquainted with Lauras dark side, I still think she is a good person to talk to, having already spoken to leland.
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

S~V~S wrote:
Kate wrote:Donnas not a bad choice either, she knows a lot about Laura just not enough of the darker side of Laura.
Quite often your friends will see you in a better light, even if they know your dark side. They are also protective of you, and may see things from other people you do not, or that you may even ignore becasue you don't want to believe it.

So even if she is not well acquainted with Lauras dark side, I still think she is a good person to talk to, having already spoken to leland.
I'm wasn't trying to argue with you about it but Donna was actually shown to know very little about the real Laura. Now that you made me think more about Donna I'd go with Ben or james before I'd pick Donna.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

And I wasn't trying to argue either~ I just think thatin most games, wetry to write our own story, and knowledge of knowing the original is not as important.

I was just trying to branch out a bit, start some discussion.

What do you think we should do for the nextlynch?
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

S~V~S wrote:And I wasn't trying to argue either~ I just think thatin most games, wetry to write our own story, and knowledge of knowing the original is not as important.

I was just trying to branch out a bit, start some discussion.

What do you think we should do for the nextlynch?
Unless there is a stick out suspect, pretty much the same. Or at least spread as much as possible. Maybe leave one or two spots clear. If there is a night kill we then no where to look.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Agreed on Log Lady so I'm voting there.

RIP/BIH Boogs? I agree it seems like a good result though based on the role.

I would NOT like to use the same method tomorrow, despite being the one to bring it up (as Rox nearly wanted to chop my head off for, due to a misunderstanding, lol, thankfully that is no longer the case). I think there is definitely more to be gleaned from the thread now in terms of suspicion and I think we need to try and figure out who Bob and his minion might be. There were a few people in particular who caught my eye, notably Nevinera and BF, but I'm not sure I'd vote either of them at this moment. I need to re-read the thread, but very doubtful I will have time for that, as I have had a very busy weekend and it should also be a busy week. I'll try and keep up at all times.

Now as to whether we should try to have a normal lynch as in any other game and then attempt to gain information about Bob or his minion thereafter or whether we try a modified version of what we did today to narrow down a few agreed-upon possible suspects as a killer, that's up in the air. I want to hear what others think.
Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Post by Russtifinko »

Kate has a good point on the Log Lady, I think. She seems pretty crazy and hard to understand so far, but if she really knows who the murderer is maybe she'll give us some sort of clue, at least. Hopefully we catch her at a more or less clear moment.

Linki with MP: I think spreading the votes a fair bit is a good idea. If we leave for example 2-4 players free of votes and there is a night kill, then we'll have a pretty darn short list of suspects. Unfortunately, as to who we should lynch I haven't the slightest yet. We got absolutely no useful info from the vote yesterday, and so far no one has really pinged me at all in the thread, even after a reread.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Russtifinko wrote:Kate has a good point on the Log Lady, I think. She seems pretty crazy and hard to understand so far, but if she really knows who the murderer is maybe she'll give us some sort of clue, at least. Hopefully we catch her at a more or less clear moment.

Linki with MP: I think spreading the votes a fair bit is a good idea. If we leave for example 2-4 players free of votes and there is a night kill, then we'll have a pretty darn short list of suspects. Unfortunately, as to who we should lynch I haven't the slightest yet. We got absolutely no useful info from the vote yesterday, and so far no one has really pinged me at all in the thread, even after a reread.
Really? I don't know, I thought Nevinera seemed a bit odd a few times and BF's behavior also pinged me on occasion, but both were nothing extraordinary. I'm not sure about anyone else. Snow Dog seems rather civvie to me and so do S~V~S and Kate, but I suppose either of them could already be recruited or may be in the future. As to everyone else, not sure either way there. But again, I haven't done a re-read or anything.
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Russtifinko wrote:Kate has a good point on the Log Lady, I think. She seems pretty crazy and hard to understand so far, but if she really knows who the murderer is maybe she'll give us some sort of clue, at least. Hopefully we catch her at a more or less clear moment.

Really? I don't know, I thought Nevinera seemed a bit odd a few times and BF's behavior also pinged me on occasion, but both were nothing extraordinary. I'm not sure about anyone else. Snow Dog seems rather civvie to me and so do S~V~S and Kate, but I suppose either of them could already be recruited or may be in the future. As to everyone else, not sure either way there. But again, I haven't done a re-read or anything.
That's the problem. Anyone can be recruited. So any civ feelings about anyone must be revalued constantly. (After even nights)
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

^So after tonight there is still only one recruit.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Agreed on Log Lady so I'm voting there.

RIP/BIH Boogs? I agree it seems like a good result though based on the role.

I would NOT like to use the same method tomorrow, despite being the one to bring it up (as Rox nearly wanted to chop my head off for, due to a misunderstanding, lol, thankfully that is no longer the case). I think there is definitely more to be gleaned from the thread now in terms of suspicion and I think we need to try and figure out who Bob and his minion might be. There were a few people in particular who caught my eye, notably Nevinera and BF, but I'm not sure I'd vote either of them at this moment. I need to re-read the thread, but very doubtful I will have time for that, as I have had a very busy weekend and it should also be a busy week. I'll try and keep up at all times.

Now as to whether we should try to have a normal lynch as in any other game and then attempt to gain information about Bob or his minion thereafter or whether we try a modified version of what we did today to narrow down a few agreed-upon possible suspects as a killer, that's up in the air. I want to hear what others think.
I think bf seems more aggravated than anything. Nev though, I completely agree.
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

I agree about the lynch. Doing it the same way every time will not productive imo. I think we should leave 2 or 3 people without votes. Like Snow Dog said it would be easy to narrow down from there. Although if we are wrong we still stand a chance of lynching a civ.

*meh* I dunno what is best but I will follow along with whatever plan seems best for the civ's.

I do not agree about bf being suspcious - I actually agree with what he is saying.

Nev though - yah he gave me a twitch with his posts yesterday.
;)
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Just reread Nev and I got nothing. Anything particular pinging you guys(and gals)?
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

He flat out ignored everything that was said between me and svs about leaving him without a vote for one.
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Kate wrote:He flat out ignored everything that was said between me and svs about leaving him without a vote for one.
Ah. As I only read his posts I didn't read that. ;)
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

If there is a nk tonight at least we can be pretty sure it was whoever has the Ben Horne role.
Roxy
Hitman

Post by Roxy »

Idk about the others but for me it was all his talk about voting and how we should do it, he seemed like he was posting for the sake of posting - generally just re-hashing what others had said with different wording. Ignoring others things happening in the thread.

Is it enough for a vote idk yet.

linky
;)
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Kate wrote:If there is a nk tonight at least we can be pretty sure it was whoever has the Ben Horne role.
As everyone got at least one vote in the last lynch how can there be an NK?
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

Because Ben if recruited could manipulate the vote off of him and onto someone else then kill without any of us knowing it.
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Kate wrote:Because Ben if recruited could manipulate the vote off of him and onto someone else then kill without any of us knowing it.
That is not how I understand his "power". As I understand it, if he had used it, that person would have voted the way he wanted at the time.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

Snow Dog wrote:
Kate wrote:Because Ben if recruited could manipulate the vote off of him and onto someone else then kill without any of us knowing it.
That is not how I understand his "power". As I understand it, if he had used it, that person would have voted the way he wanted at the time.
Oh I hope you are. Right. I thought that too until inh posted that Ben could change a vote and changed my understanding of the role.

Inh! Can you clarify?
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Re: Twin Peaks Mafia {DAY 1}

Post by Kate »

insertnamehere wrote:Remember, Ben Horne can change one vote. He could change the vote for himself to whoever he chooses.

Just food for thought.
See read this...
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Well it says...."Can manipulate someone into voting for whoever he chooses every Day."

That "voting for whoever he chooses" seems to imply we will see the vote. IDK..I hope I am right too.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Re: Twin Peaks Mafia {DAY 1}

Post by Snow Dog »

Kate wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:Remember, Ben Horne can change one vote. He could change the vote for himself to whoever he chooses.

Just food for thought.
See read this...
Oh yes. You are right then.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
blindfaeth
Drug Dealer

Post by blindfaeth »

Oh yeesh I hope thats not true
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

Well I guess that's only bad if he gets recruited right? Now I'm confusing myself lol
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

So it goes something like this maybe? The person playing Ben PMs IYNH to ask him to change one vote before the end of the day.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

Yes. And it's possible he changed the vote on home yesterday to boogs thus lynching windom.
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

Boogs not home, stupid autocorrect
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

HIM lol. Now I can't read haha
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Kate wrote:Boogs not home, stupid autocorrect
Not boogs either as it won't make sense.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 41

Post by Nevinera »

Kate wrote:He flat out ignored everything that was said between me and svs about leaving him without a vote for one.
I almost chimed in on the topic - I would prefer to have him vote for me instead of leaving me uncovered. I wanted someone to vote for me because if I wasn't voted for, and Ben happened to have been recruited, it would look like *I* killed someone. It wasn't a huge probability though, so I decided to not try to persuade SVS to provide me with an alibi (since that would deprive him of an alibi instead, and it sounded like he was leaning toward voting for me anyway). I certainly don't see how my lack of interaction on the topic could imply anything about my orientation.. -.O Would you mind clarifying your logic there for me?

I also haven't been hugely available this past day - typing out complicated logic posts while holding a baby is hard work >.<
Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Post by Russtifinko »

Oh no! I didn't even think of that. It would be incredibly unlucky for us if Ben had been recruited though, out of 11 possible people. It seems like a very outside chance. I guess we'll know by morning though.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Side Missions”