The Shining: Night 6

Moderator: Community Team

Great party, isn't it?

Yes, it is!
15%
I don't think it's a very nice party at all.
15%
Llama is never allowed to host again.
15%
Not as good as the party in Hawaii, I bet. (host/mod/dead)
54%

Total votes: 13
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 101
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Re: The Shining: Day 1

Post by Mongoose »

birdwithteeth11 wrote:RIP Epi! :rip: And sorry I missed the poll everyone! Yesterday, I woke up at 5:30 AM and didn't go to sleep until 2:30 AM, so I had a very busy day and little to no time for mafia. Plus I completely forgot about the lynch. I promise I will be sure to not miss any more votes. And to try and pick up on my participation.
Wow, that's a long day! I hope most days aren't like that for you! That's what my work schedule was like in a big firm and I hated it. Anyway, I hope you get some rest soon!
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 6

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

Mongoose wrote:
birdwithteeth11 wrote:RIP Epi! :rip: And sorry I missed the poll everyone! Yesterday, I woke up at 5:30 AM and didn't go to sleep until 2:30 AM, so I had a very busy day and little to no time for mafia. Plus I completely forgot about the lynch. I promise I will be sure to not miss any more votes. And to try and pick up on my participation.
Wow, that's a long day! I hope most days aren't like that for you! That's what my work schedule was like in a big firm and I hated it. Anyway, I hope you get some rest soon!
The only part of that which was work was the 6:30 AM to 2:30 PM part. The rest was hanging out with various friends. And I didn't wake up until 11 this morning, so I feel quite rested.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 87
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Here for a bit during lunch -- because I actually have some extra time -- and wanted to comment on a few things since I last posted.

First, Mongoose, you're trying to say your posts were automatically written in backwards? Like, when you went to type in the post a reply box as normal, you posted, and they appeared backwards? Or did you have to put them in a generator first and then spit them into the post a reply box?

S~V~S wrote:I def agree re Stephen King and the gradys. Maybe the bartender, too? He was a big part of driving Jack insane, after all.

Maybe the hotel, it could be a Last Man (or building) standing role, or it could just be a "live till the end" kinda thing.
That's true. I wonder now with Jack gone though what that does for the bartender and Delbert.

I was leaning between MP and Epi for this lynch however. Not sure which one I would have gone with however.

I think I will go with the kitchen. I remember the kitchen being chock-full of interesting foods. And knowing me, I can't pass up on something involving food.
Uh, why me and Epig?

Epig seemed to vote me for no apparent reason and Vomps voted for me because he likes grammar (and who says I don't? I repeated multiple times my comment about voting Epig for it was in jest AND SVS similarly stated another comment, yet Vomps voted for me). So why me?

And why Epig? I honestly didn't really have any reads on anyone at the time, so I decided to do something new, and the fact that Epig voted for me reinforced my decision (one I somewhat regret now, given how he flipped). Any reasons?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Just in case I get killed tonight (wouldn't surprise me, people like to kill me off, and my discussion is probably not to someone's liking), I want to voice some other thoughts, while I actually have time to do so. I won't get home until after Night 1 is over.

I found Snow Dog's self-vote weird. Why would any civvie be willing to tie himself up for the lead to die? Not sure what this tells me about his alignment at all, but I find it interesting... maybe Snow Dog could be the role who cannot be lynched?

The way yesterday's lynch went down felt kind of strange to me. I realize it's Day 1, and even I had no solid reasoning against anyone, but some people just came on and voted for no reason (Epig, Kate) or for bizarre ones (Vomps). Bullz additionally elucidated that he felt the "case" on Epig was strongest, so I'm curious if he could elaborate on that front, because in terms of actual valid reasons for voting, I hardly saw any yesterday, myself included.

This is not intended to point fingers at anyone (still being cautious on that front, I don't really feel overwhelmingly one person is baddie or anything, though I do have a few people I want to watch in particular), but rather to stimulate discussion.
Zany Dex
The Mark
Posts in topic: 40

Post by Zany Dex »

It scares me when I agree so much with MP but ^ this I agree with.

I really can't see snow dog committing suicide, it doesn't strike me as his style I dunno... Something isn't right with his decision yesterday.

And yeah again BWT, why MP?
a stopped clock is right twice a day
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Zany Dex wrote:It scares me when I agree so much with MP but ^ this I agree with.

I really can't see snow dog committing suicide, it doesn't strike me as his style I dunno... Something isn't right with his decision yesterday.

And yeah again BWT, why MP?
It is bizarre when we agree, isn't it? :p

I'm not sure. I know Snow Dog feels bad about killing off fellow players who are enjoying it as he is (and don't we all?). I just find it notable that he was SO willing to throw himself in harm's way. Maybe because he knew it would present the end situation where no one was lynched on Day 1 (a noble result, but in doing so, wouldn't it out him if he were that role that can't be lynched?)

So, I don't get it. Lol.

Anyway, hopefully I'm alive when I get home. Not sure how much evidence we can actually find in anyone's actions thus far, but why not try and discuss regardless? Really have to go back to work now.
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 67

Post by Hedgeowl »

Ok, so the vote between Snow Dog and Epi was tied yes, but Epi died. If Snow can't be lynched, voting for himself is still odd because it highlights that fact. Would there be a reason one role could not vote? I am interested to see what happens in the next lynch.

As for cases against people, there were hardly any and mostly superficial. However, on Day 1 isn't this pretty normal?

Linki- that tactic of no lynch with a tie did work in the Thomas game. And then we lost...
Turnip Head wrote: We need to lynch Pennsylvania Bitch.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Zany Dex
The Mark

Post by Zany Dex »

Lol.

I kinda have a similar view on day one Lynches, they do suck and I prefer it when no one is lynched, I mean give each person a chance to use their night power (if they have one)..

One think ive noticed in games lately there aren't many rezzes..

Linki :noble:
Snow Dog
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 113

Post by Snow Dog »

Snow Dog wrote:I'll call it "The Snow Dog Theorem or Barking Mad"
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 79

Re: The Shining: Night 1

Post by thellama73 »

Everyone has voted and sent in their PMs (except for some optional ones that I doubt will be used today is optional.) Is everyone okay with me ending the Night a little early so I can go out?
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Kate
LAMIST Supatown
Posts in topic: 61
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Kate »

It seems we have to find Stephen King first and foremost (or at least that should be our first goal). How to do that, I have no idea, but that seems the way to attack this game, no?
Andrew wrote: Wed May 29, 2013 6:47 pm I'm voting llama again because I think I heard him say something that looks like proof.
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

thellama73 wrote:Everyone has voted and sent in their PMs (except for some optional ones that I doubt will be used today is optional.) Is everyone okay with me ending the Night a little early so I can go out?
yep
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

thellama73 wrote:Everyone has voted and sent in their PMs (except for some optional ones that I doubt will be used today is optional.) Is everyone okay with me ending the Night a little early so I can go out?
Fine by me.
Andrew wrote: Wed May 29, 2013 6:47 pm I'm voting llama again because I think I heard him say something that looks like proof.
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Kate wrote:It seems we have to find Stephen King first and foremost (or at least that should be our first goal). How to do that, I have no idea, but that seems the way to attack this game, no?
Let's criticise his novels and see who gets annoyed.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 66

Post by Bullzeye »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Just in case I get killed tonight (wouldn't surprise me, people like to kill me off, and my discussion is probably not to someone's liking), I want to voice some other thoughts, while I actually have time to do so. I won't get home until after Night 1 is over.

I found Snow Dog's self-vote weird. Why would any civvie be willing to tie himself up for the lead to die? Not sure what this tells me about his alignment at all, but I find it interesting... maybe Snow Dog could be the role who cannot be lynched?

The way yesterday's lynch went down felt kind of strange to me. I realize it's Day 1, and even I had no solid reasoning against anyone, but some people just came on and voted for no reason (Epig, Kate) or for bizarre ones (Vomps). Bullz additionally elucidated that he felt the "case" on Epig was strongest, so I'm curious if he could elaborate on that front, because in terms of actual valid reasons for voting, I hardly saw any yesterday, myself included.

This is not intended to point fingers at anyone (still being cautious on that front, I don't really feel overwhelmingly one person is baddie or anything, though I do have a few people I want to watch in particular), but rather to stimulate discussion.
'Case' was probably too strong of a term. I didn't want to vote for someone else who didn't have a vote given there was a three-way tie, and Epi was the only person in that tie for whom I could see anything resembling a reason to vote.
Sure.
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer

Post by Hedgeowl »

Fine here too! :wine:
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer

Post by Hedgeowl »

In case it's not obvious, us kitchen voters are currently very happy with our choice. hiccup.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Zany Dex
The Mark

Post by Zany Dex »

Kate wrote:It seems we have to find Stephen King first and foremost (or at least that should be our first goal). How to do that, I have no idea, but that seems the way to attack this game, no?
Yes I agree :)
Snow Dog wrote:
:haha:
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Snow Dog wrote:
I've read Salem's Lot, The Shining, Christine, Misery, The Tommyknockers, The Green Mile, Desperation and The Regulators. I thought all of them were garbage except Misery and The Green Mile... and maybe Christine.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Re: The Shining: Day 2

Post by thellama73 »

What do you mean you don't make side orders of toast? You make sandwiches don't you?
Some of the guests wanted to see the Game Room, but in the end it was decided that the kitchen should be first, and that it would be better not to split up.

It was a enormous place, designed to feed a whole hotel full of illustrious guests. With all of the staff gone and only a handful of visitors, it seemed very empty and very lonely.

"At least we won't have to worry about running out of food," said Vompatti.

Just then a loud clattering was heard from around a corner. It was birdwithteeth11. He had been quiet, lagging behind the group, and no one had been paying him much attention, nor noticed his absence. Now, he lay awkwardly on the floor in a heap of pots and pans dislodged by his fall. A knife protruded from his back, and a thin trail of blood was making its way slowly across the linoleum floor.

So the host had been right. There was a killer among them after all.

birdwithteeth11 has been killed. He was Stanley Kubrick.

It is now Day 2. You have 24 hours to lynch someone.

Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Wow a NK with a reveal? Never seen that before. How apt too.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Zany Dex
The Mark

Post by Zany Dex »

Is linoleum English for Lino?

RIP BWT :(

Linki yeah kinda strange seeing a reveal in a NP. Interesting though.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Snow Dog wrote:Wow a NK with a reveal? Never seen that before. How apt too.
Yeah, I debated about it, but I thought it would make it easier for people to keep track of their win conditions, and since there is not really a Mafia per se, it makes sense to me to make it public.

Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

thellama73 wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:Wow a NK with a reveal? Never seen that before. How apt too.
Yeah, I debated about it, but I thought it would make it easier for people to keep track of their win conditions, and since there is not really a Mafia per se, it makes sense to me to make it public.
Well it's different. But I like it. ;)
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

I hadn't even noticed BWT being in this game actually? Did he post much or am I getting confused?
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Zany Dex
The Mark

Post by Zany Dex »

Snow Dog wrote:I hadn't even noticed BWT being in this game actually? Did he post much or am I getting confused?
So what does this tell us about Stevie K?
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer

Post by Hedgeowl »

I just realized that the original hotel was the Stanley and that Stanley Kubrick was the director of the movie where they didn't use the Stanley hotel. Hmm :ponder: There was a made for tv version that King was involved in, but Wiki claims he had to sign an agreement to stop criticizing the Kubrick version in order to make it.

RIP BWT! I was looking forward to our repeat day at some point.

Looks like Steven went straight to the source to start this game off!
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

He made three posts only.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Zany Dex wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:I hadn't even noticed BWT being in this game actually? Did he post much or am I getting confused?
So what does this tell us about Stevie K?
That he will be taking out the low posters first.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Hedgeowl wrote:I just realized that the original hotel was the Stanley and that Stanley Kubrick was the director of the movie where they didn't use the Stanley hotel. Hmm :ponder: There was a made for tv version that King was involved in, but Wiki claims he had to sign an agreement to stop criticizing the Kubrick version in order to make it.
I've seen the made for TV version endorsed by King. It is embarrassingly bad.

Zany Dex
The Mark

Post by Zany Dex »

I think we are looking for someone who is being blendy. Looking at the lowest posters after BWT,

Nevinera 7
Bullzeye 8
vompetti 9

All have twice as many posts than BWT though.
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

thellama73 wrote:
Hedgeowl wrote:I just realized that the original hotel was the Stanley and that Stanley Kubrick was the director of the movie where they didn't use the Stanley hotel. Hmm :ponder: There was a made for tv version that King was involved in, but Wiki claims he had to sign an agreement to stop criticizing the Kubrick version in order to make it.
It certainly ain't as good as the film.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Zany Dex wrote:I think we are looking for someone who is being blendy. Looking at the lowest posters after BWT,

Nevinera 7
Bullzeye 8
vompetti 9

There's a difference between low posting and being blendy IMO. Being blendy means to go along with others and not put yourself out there at all while low posting is just not having much to say.
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Zany Dex wrote:I think we are looking for someone who is being blendy. Looking at the lowest posters after BWT,

Nevinera 7
Bullzeye 8
vompetti 9

There's a difference between low posting and being blendy IMO. Being blendy means to go along with others and not put yourself out there at all while low posting is just not having much to say.
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

A point so good it was worth making twice! :p
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Haha, the site decided to crash as I was posting so I clicked submit again and apparently it went through both times.
Zany Dex
The Mark

Post by Zany Dex »

Bullzeye wrote:

Nevinera 7
Bullzeye 8
vompetti 9

Yeah I agree,

I did notice MP do a complete 180 on epig when I called him about the grammar nazi comment, that's all I've noticed ATM though.
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer

Post by Hedgeowl »

thellama73 wrote:
I believe it. There was just no way it could compare. It didn't have Jack.

Song running through my head right now, "It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas..."
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Snow Dog wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
Sample dialogue:

Wendy: "Red rum? That sounds like something a pirate would drink!"

Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Hedgeowl wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
I believe it. There was just no way it could compare. It didn't have Jack.

Song running through my head right now, "It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas..."
My dad prefers that made-for-TV movie because: 1) he is crazy and 2) the topiary animals. I'm with you though. I like the hedgemaze, hedgeowl!
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Ooooh, where are you going? </nosy>
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Mongoose wrote:
I think I might go to the museum. It's been a while since I've been and they tend t be nice and air conditioned. I'm working from home these days, and I get all my work done before noon usually, so it leaves the afternoons free for whatever.

Hedgeowl
Money Launderer

Post by Hedgeowl »

thellama73 wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
Sample dialogue:

Wendy: "Red rum? That sounds like something a pirate would drink!"
Also, can we have this smiley? Add it to the request forum llama! While there is a topiary Owl or Hedgeowl in Devon according to Tripadvisor, I agree Mongoose, mazes are the bees' knees.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

thellama73 wrote:
Mongoose wrote:
I think I might go to the museum. It's been a while since I've been and they tend t be nice and air conditioned. I'm working from home these days, and I get all my work done before noon usually, so it leaves the afternoons free for whatever.

I am so jealous. All we really have here is the Dali Museum. Which is great, don't get me wrong, but there's not a lot of rotating exhibits in such an artist-specific site.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Mongoose wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
Mongoose wrote:

I am so jealous. All we really have here is the Dali Museum. Which is great, don't get me wrong, but there's not a lot of rotating exhibits in such an artist-specific site.

One thing I'll say for DC is that the museums are fantastic. My favorite is the modern art one, but they are all good.

Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 33

Post by Nevinera »

Nevinera 7
Bullzeye 8
vompetti 9

I think you'll find my post count in Bioshock to also be pretty embarrassingly low.
I've been really busy lately with work and housework.

Then yesterday I joined an 'event', which turned out to be about *posting as much as you can*,
so now I'm spending all my time on that thread trying not to come in last and die.
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Nevinera wrote:
Then yesterday I joined an 'event', which turned out to be about *posting as much as you can*,
so now I'm spending all my time on that thread trying not to come in last and die.
Ha, me too! I've really neglected this thread as a result.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

What are you guys playing?
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer

Post by Hedgeowl »

It's an optional event in Bioshock where you get points for each post. The person to come in last may die, so those who signed up are pretty motivated to keep the posting up.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

ohhhhhhh....

Return to “Previous Side Missions”